Page 216 of 229 FirstFirst ... 206212213214215216217218219220226 ... LastLast
Results 21,501 to 21,600 of 22879

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Why didn’t Tony deangelo fight on Halloween havoc?
    He was busy taking a cut out of all the candy.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Why didn’t Tony deangelo fight on Halloween havoc?
    Don't worry about it, he's busy, understand? Forget about it. God bless.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was really hoping he’d come out dressed as the Gabba Ghoul and then it didn’t happen

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ivy, Creed Bros., Bivens > Roddy

Did they really just hire Hachiman to stand around at ringside or is he a legit coach at the PC, too? 'Cuz I don't get what his deal is.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post

Did they really just hire Hachiman to stand around at ringside or is he a legit coach at the PC, too? 'Cuz I don't get what his deal is.
    He's also a trainer.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

You just like your shiny new toys.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    He's also a trainer.
    Is he ever going to get in the ring? I just read a blurb about him elsewhere that says he's a hard hitting catch wrestler and whatnot but it seems like they've got no interest in using him as a competitor...

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    You just like your shiny new toys.
    The only thing I like about Roddy are some of his cool-ass backbreakers.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he ever going to get in the ring? I just read a blurb about him elsewhere that says he's a hard hitting catch wrestler and whatnot but it seems like they've got no interest in using him as a competitor...
    I don't have a clue on that. I'm sure he's earning a nice paycheck as a trainer and talent.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mth's hating Roddy even though he hates his backbreakers are awesome, is just residual UE hate.

Wit time and healing, he and Roddy will have start fresh

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How can you hate UE? They were the best faction in NXT, and that's undisputed.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halloween house thing was shit really. They accomplished their goal by getting the belt back, surely them being too scared to get their belt back would have been more effective?

This may be partly due to my BT Sport 2 recording being absolutely bollocks but even when I had to do reset and get it working, just wasn’t feeling this show. I did like the Chucky/Steiner nod and loved the Dakota return but still this feels like very much a work in progress otherwise.
    Last edited by Badger; October 27th, 2021 at 7:47 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, i would take the charisma vacuum that is Roddy over whatever the hell KOR is trying to be as a solo act anytime.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another note, MSK losing to a barely relevant without Walter team after that run felt deflating. Would rather the Creed Bros have beaten them or that Imperium lost then Walter reappears later then eats those guys for breakfast to light a fire under them and get their arses in gear for them to win or even get their arses kicked by them later.

Still kinks and sorry for being harsh but still missing the black and gold era.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was just thinking that my favorite NXT moment in the history of NXT is when they spent weeks building up Dan Matha, hyping his debut, then he debuts and gets destroyed by Samoa Joe.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, I have no memory of that dude.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Some nice forshadowing there too by Joe, about his future feud with Karrion Kross.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Undisputed Era....So glad that's not a thing these days. But hey at least 2 of them are in AEW "having fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    On another note, MSK losing to a barely relevant without Walter team after that run felt deflating. Would rather the Creed Bros have beaten them or that Imperium lost then Walter reappears later then eats those guys for breakfast to light a fire under them and get their arses in gear for them to win or even get their arses kicked by them later.

Still kinks and sorry for being harsh but still missing the black and gold era.
    MSK's existence has been deflating. Seems like they would've been better off without the mega push. Imperium winning was pretty shocking, but hey if you're missing the black and gold era the majority of the champions are from the black and gold era: Ciampa, Mandy Rose, Roddy, and Imperium. All OG's.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2 girls from VIVID ENT that just won the tag-titles=my new favorites.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The 2 girls from VIVID ENT that just won the tag-titles=my new favorites.
    Here we go again.

They're going to be your Iconics 2.0.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to ND telling us how Jacey Jane is the next Trish Stratus.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I look forward to ND telling us how Jacey Jane is the next Trish Stratus.
    That... no

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gigi Dolan is the next Lita, however.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likely with much less slut shaming this time around, as opposed to storyline Lita during her run.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT is just throwing anything and everything at the wall and seeing what will stick. That's admirable but it gets really disjointed in a hurry.

Mandy was good enough for her opening address as champion. Good to see that Io was no worse for wear after the nasty bump last week. NXT 2.0 doesn't really seem up to snuff to merit it but the opening segment really seemed to suggest there's enough ladies in the mix (potentially forcibly: looking at you, female MSK) to fit into a War Games setup.

The match between Dakota and Cora got off the rails a bit there near the end. I don't think there was really much there in terms of the new aggression with Dakota coming back during the match but she was showing hints of it after the match, though it was very drawn out.

Less black and gold brand and more male dance offs? Yikers. That segment between Stone and Quinn had to be one of the worst segments in NXT history. I will say, Stone can bump incredible well. I guess the only other positive was that Elektra was intrigued by Quinn. I doubt that helps grow Legado del Fantasma but just gets 2.0 more spicier.

nWo-inspired shirts for LDF doesn't feel on brand for them but it's hard to deny it looked good. They outlined it earlier in the show and I get the attempt to keep engagement going through social media, but I don't think that really helped elevate the idea of having a match between LDF and KOR/Wagner. All things considered, I don't think I would have guessed KOR was going to be the lesser of the collective pieces of UE after all was said and done.

Breakker moving down to just answering Chase's open challenge actually feels okay for Breakker as long as they don't abandon him creatively, which I imagine is next to impossible in terms of actuality. The idea of having him lose to Ciampa is fine because they endears him more to the audience because he can still be the audience's "guy" if he keeps developing and climbs back up the ladder again. He'd lose that status if he was just pushed to the moon and was given the championship right away. Vowing that he'd get another shot and become champion when that moment comes was solid.

Really impressive that NXT hired a live translator that can fill us in on what Imperium says.

D'Angelo plays his role very, very well. He's not bashful, calling out the likes of Lumis, Gargano, Dunne, and Ciampa. That's about all I've got with the Lashing Out segment.

Not a ton to work off of with Sikoa's first match but he fits the vibe of an angry Samoan. There was some Tong Po energy from him, and I like that. I liked his splash off the top rope. What was quite puzzling to me was the fact Joseph tried to make it feel like we were seeing something from Jeet Rama in the form of him struggling. That's a hell of a leap because this was the first time he's been on NXT, and I doubt most of the audience has actually been watching 205 Live on the regular to know who the heck Rama is haha.

The crowd was being super generous with tossing out a chant for Boa. I would have thought he was DOA if he lost to Waller but he didn't because they were fine doing the silly distraction stuff with LA Knight. Boa's getting weirder, it seems. I guess he just absorbed Mei Ying's abilities and she's no more.

Probably didn't need three segments for Duke's Poker Room with Grimes haha. It was a little dull because Hudson was doing most of the heavy lifting but the payoff (which was led by Grimes) was alright.

KLR's gimmick seems to be awfully similar to Dakota's but Dakota's is pretty centralized on one foil, while KLR's is towards everyone.

Ciampa is really over with the CWC audience. Kudos to him calling out the inevitable interruption that was coming. I was curious to see who it was going to be and I'm not mad at Hayes being the one. It would be heel heavy if Hayes climbed that mountain but he's getting pushed hard. It's 2.0 but it's still fun to see Gargano and Ciampa cross paths like they did. Crazy that they've been throw so much together and then individually and haven't really crossed paths since One Final Beat in April of 2020.

Good to see Gargano and Lumis' chemistry outside of the ring actually translates inside the ring as a tag team (Gargano going with a glove, in solidarity). Hayes and Williams don't exactly mesh in the same way but they work together quite well. Silly to see Williams' shoe make the difference for the match lol. I could definitely go for more between Gargano and Hayes. That would bang. I almost think they have to go that route because otherwise it's a missed opportunity. It was teased when Hayes won the championship and he's now gunning for Ciampa. It'd be fitting if Hayes beats Gargano, adding credibility, en route to taking on Ciampa.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice set up for the six-woman tag for next week and Io vs. mandy should be a good title feud. Mandy's opening promo was alright but if you'd done a shot every time she called Io "honey" you'd have been out for the night. Damn shame Sarray's dropped off the map, she'd have been the perfect person to help Io as she was in the mix with TA and dropkicked Mandy's hair brown.

Dakota/Cora seemed a bit slaoppy at points. Thought Cora was going to continue her shocking upset win streak but nerp. Post-match stuff dragged and was odd that it ended on whimper and not a bang to sell the "new" Dakota.

Stone singing and being a jackass is fine and works. Not sure about Quinn doing HBK's song, though. Should just gone straight to jacking Stone up. I honestly don't think it was as bad as BG and was fairly entertained and happy to see Quinn seeing getting some stuff going on.
    @BGMaverick, those were lWo inspired shirts, homie. Very on brand. Tag match was fine enough and I'm glad the guys I like beat the guys I don't like.

I love Chase's stupid gimmick and a decent bounce back for Breakker. Definitely seems like they're going to do a reclimb the ladder arc with him where he'll get back to the top and succeed in time. Damn he sounds so much like Scott (and probably Rick who I'll admit I'm not as familiar with) and in my mind I'm imagining a Steiner family get together where there's all these dudes with the same voice having this loud conversation...

Subtitles for Imperium kills the whole "they can't speak English" point that was always used against folks who's first language isn't English.

At least this week's Lashing Out had some purpose with Tony on there. Lash herself is really good but the first few eps were kind of weak but if she has a guest regularly to advance some angles, it'll be better.

Was surprised to see Sikoa doing a handful of trademark Uso/Bloodline family moves with the big uppercut, butt smash, and the splash.. Thought maybe he'd lean in the opposite direction to try to carve his own identity and have a really different moveset but I'm not mad about it.

While I'd probably prefer scrapping Tian Sha altogether at this point, combining Mei Ying with Boa is...interesting and I'll be curious to see where it goes...and if Mei Ying gets repackaged or what. LA Knight is the goddamn total package and really should be killing it on a bigger stage soon.

Hudson/Grimes stuff was pretty good but it's funny if Duke's supposed to be this top notch poker player and the first thing he does is get totally stomped in his area of expertise by a guy who's not even trying. Shits on the gimmick a bit, no? I was reading all this "news" that Grimes was due for a makeover but think they were just speculating based on the convo he had with Waller three or so weeks back and trying to get the scoop.

Glad to see KLR is coming back as I wondered where she was prior to the vignettes kicking up.

Is Trick packing a big one or was he just really excited to be there when they came out? Bit distracting. TrickMelo are a stand out act and are killing it right now. Gargano and Lumis' in-ring chemistry was delightful. Of course Dex takes the fall Match was excellent and loads of fun.

Very good show overall.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Zoey is legit hurt, stemming from the ladder match.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit, hopefully it's not too bad.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PW Insider reports that KOR's contract is set to expire next month.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

ReDragon?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I for got to comment on the hilariously bad Briggs & Jensen vignette from last night. Based on that, I thoguht of a team name for them. We've already got Toxic Attraction, they can be Toxic Masculinity.

Looks like Zoey is legit hurt, stemming from the ladder match.
    I recall she seemed to be favoring her leg pretty significantly during it but of course you never know if folks are just selling well or legit hurt.
    PW Insider reports that KOR's contract is set to expire next month.
    Peace out, Kyle.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Everyone...Does anyone know where I could find a complete list of the lumberjacks that took part in the Lumberjack O'Lantern Match at Halloween Havoc 2021? Thanks

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallman2001 View Post
    Hi Everyone...Does anyone know where I could find a complete list of the lumberjacks that took part in the Lumberjack O'Lantern Match at Halloween Havoc 2021? Thanks
    Would you like it in doc or pdf form, sir?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man I'm all broken up and shit that none of the UE will be in the WWE by the end of 2021........

The whole Van Wilder-KOR stuff is terrible. They can't be serious about Wilder.

NXT is kind of like TNA. Despite all this weird shit we can at least bank on the women to provide consistent entertainment. Has NXT ever had a down period of women's wrestling? Let's just say from the inception of the NXT women's championship until now.....

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't give Adam Cole enough credit. He really was what made UE work. The other guys were complimentary parts that worked but were unappealing when on their own. KOR and Wagner paired together are two boring guys who don't really make the other better or more watchable. Maybe they can keep KOR around and rebrand them as the Boring Bros, dressed as CAWs with matching black trunks and boots.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyle was a guy I was most curious about during his UE days. I liked that he was kind of the little scrappy dude in the background that could snap your leg if you underestimated him. I wondered if he'd turn out to be someone that cut ahead of the flock... but yeah he's just not very good on his own or in this role that he's in. And Wagner, I don't know who the fuck this guy is nor do I care. He's just some guy.

NXT's reboot had me intrigued, but it's just dead in the water at this point. Just blows my mind why WWE has made all these decisions to just kneecap themselves in the long run. The hope for them creating new top stars is gone.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still got me intrigued. Not something that is going to be amazing the first, second or third show of this new era.

The highlights of the new guys for me are Sikoa, Hudson (who until yesterday I forgot was wrestling as Vink not too long ago) and Quinn but I need to see a little more of him. Less goofy shit like that dance off disaster and more physical matches would be ideal. Jones is another one, love his presence.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Kyle was a guy I was most curious about during his UE days. I liked that he was kind of the little scrappy dude in the background that could snap your leg if you underestimated him. I wondered if he'd turn out to be someone that cut ahead of the flock... but yeah he's just not very good on his own or in this role that he's in. And Wagner, I don't know who the fuck this guy is nor do I care. He's just some guy.

NXT's reboot had me intrigued, but it's just dead in the water at this point. Just blows my mind why WWE has made all these decisions to just kneecap themselves in the long run. The hope for them creating new top stars is gone.
    They're going back to a formula they were using that created mega stars like John Cena, Batista, The Rock, and Randy Orton. There's also big draws for this era that are still there that came through Triple H's system i.e Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins, Big E, the list goes on. It's still too early.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, Nash. I been watching some of the earlier NXT stuff available and this is different. I don't think any of the people on the first roster were big names at the time but future stars. This version is a mix of people who are already over and some fresh faces. I mean it's what five episodes in? Saying it's dead in the water is just us being spoiled having Owens, Nakamura, Zayn, Balor etc. coming through and now all those are gone. One guy I forgot to list was Gacy. The gimmick is growing on me, intrigued about the pairing with Harland and what comes of this. It's like watching any TV show. All the good shit doesn't happen in the first episode.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Agree, Nash. I been watching some of the earlier NXT stuff available and this is different. I don't think any of the people on the first roster were big names at the time but future stars. This version is a mix of people who are already over and some fresh faces. I mean it's what five episodes in? Saying it's dead in the water is just us being spoiled having Owens, Nakamura, Zayn, Balor etc. coming through and now all those are gone. One guy I forgot to list was Gacy. The gimmick is growing on me, intrigued about the pairing with Harland and what comes of this. It's like watching any TV show. All the good shit doesn't happen in the first episode.
    Too many fans forget that NXT has always been developmental. Was Seth Rollins doing The Shield gimmick prior to debuting on the main roster? Look at Big E. It took him several years on the main roster to find his place. Imagine if we gave up on him after he lost the IC title the first time.

We were definitely spoiled but some forget that guess what? CM Punk went through developmental. So did Dos Caras Jr aka Alberto Del Rio. One of the top guys in Mexico. Imagine if Kenny Omega signed with the WWE and they had him go through NXT first. That was the equivalent of putting him in developmental. And it wasn't even half as nice as what people are experiencing now.

My favorite wrestler of all time wasn't some guy who spent 10 years in the territories before finally getting the big push in WWF. Kevin Nash decided one day at 28-29 years old he was going to be a professional wrestler and within a few years and not even 100 matches later he was WWF World champion. And to this day one of the biggest names in wrestling history.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you like it in doc or pdf form, sir?
    I am assuming you are being sarcastic, but I was just asking a simple question as I know a lot of them but didn't know who they all were...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallman2001 View Post
    I am assuming you are being sarcastic, but I was just asking a simple question as I know a lot of them but didn't know who they all were...
    I think it has to do with the fact you have a limited posting history and your most recent posts over the last 7-8 years were you asking for a list lol. Maybe they thought you were a sophisticated bot?

What the fuck is up with the list love? lol

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he is a dwarf he would be a tiny lister.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's some hardcore dedication, gotta admire that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Jacy Jane is kind of a botch factory isn't she?
    - Catanzaro's progress as a performer is so awesome to see.
    - That screaming kid in the crowd was annoying.
    - Gigi's finish is pretty cool.

- KLR getting the W is good stuff, shame it was at the expense of Sarray.

- Boa is meh. Very meh.

- I really admired the fade from the Jacket Time promo fade into the Diamond Mine promo.

- Creed Brothers don't get an entrance? Lame.

- Grimes stands above nearly the entire roster as being a future star.

- No entrances for Solo, Grayson, or Knight. Oooof.
    - Solo's hair is stupid.
    - Grayson is generic wrestler person 626.

- It's so jarring to have a near full roster of generically forgettably named wrestlers that are too green to be on national TV, but then you have Pete Dunne.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Grimes is outstanding, but I feel like based on potential he will be better utilized outside of WWE

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Would Sami Zayn be the big league comparable for Cameron Grimes? An upper midcarder who can both talk and work, is probably best suited as a heel.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Would Sami Zayn be the big league comparable for Cameron Grimes? An upper midcarder who can both talk and work, is probably best suited as a heel.
    As far as general skills and card positions maybe somewhat similar although their direction to get to way their now have been opposite IMO.

Zayn to begin with I thought was best suited as an underdog face and couldn’t see him heel until they turned, let him talk more and he’s killing it on the mic. Reverse for Grimes, he was entertaining as a heel and was unsure on him being a face but he’s really grown on me lately and he’s over with the NXT crowd.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Dexter commentates better than those on the main rosters!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a bad comparison. They're both someone who can carry a segment and carry a match with unique charisma along the way.

Hopefully will be able to watch NXT tonight or tomorrow. Just been a very busy week so far.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening six-woman wag was pretty decent. Shame about another glaring botch from jane, thoguh. i was surprised it was first as I figured this was going to main event so I was curious to see what would after this opened. I've got to admit the dualing chants and "this is awesome" chants that seem to be happening in every match are kind of annoying. Seems like there's only a couple of heels that actually get booed and that people are easily impressed. But better to have crowd noise than silence, i suppose. I like how they're frequently doing the overlapping exit/entrance thing to start a bit of something with folks.

Nice to see Sarray back but sad to see her lose, though the match was pretty good for what it was. These two could have a real banger if they actually got some time to be more of a back and forth battle.

Yeah, Tian Sha stuff should be binned at this point. Xia's failed to become champ and got called up, Ying's mystique was over when she lost to Indi and now she's gone(?), and Boa trying to keep the whole thing afloat by wearing facepaint and doing a weird psychic claw is just sad at this point. On the other hand, Gacy's whole deal is getting better every week.

Ok, Jacket Time are a goddamn delight. Love the new entrance and their various backstage bits are terrific. Was really hoping for the upset victory but alas. On the plus side, feud seems to still be going so the big win will come. I see a lot of folks saying Kushida is being wasted in this tag team and I think that's silly. Dude's had a long solid run as a solo guy, was CW Champ, and now he's still getting regular TV time helping establish a new dude and potentially be a successful tag team guy. Odd that Jones is feuding with the CW Champ when he can't win the belt.

I still don't get why Dakota didn't actually smash Cora last week but apparently Cora's still pretty pissed about it. An alliance with Raquel seems to stack the odds against Dakota, the heel, which is a bit of an odd dynamic.

Grimes sqaush was a squash, post-match promo exchange with Hudson was alright. I think this was a time where the "what?" chant thing worked 'cuz the dude seemed to actually be getting heat (see: dual chants complaint earlier). In-ring poker game seems questionable and I suspect it might devolve into fisticuffs pretty quick or it'll be pretty boring?

Thought the triple threat was very well done. Knight's the other guy that actually seems to get heat and "Knight sucks" chants were good to hear. Crowd seems to be pretty into Solo and I think they were still chanting "Uce!" for him but not ni the call and response "Uce!"/"Oh!" like they did the first night, felt more supportive rather than "we know you're their brother" smarky.

Erica is Harley Quinn and had the Leto Joker's smile on her hand?! Sure, ok. Match with Elektra was sloppy and the finish looked like it almost fucker her up. Post-match stuff with Lopez, Legado boys, and Quinn was decent enough. If this is leading to Quinn vs. Escobar, I'm here for that.

That GYV on the street thing was really weird and seemed unnecessary. Dudes have been around awhile, they don't need a random thing to establish their deal and this weird sort of comedic (but not funny) thing where they steal a dude's food just didn't work or make sense.

I'm calling it now, the guru that MSK are looking for is RVD. Pretty sure i heard a few entendres about getting high in their thing this week and so who better to be the guru of a high-flying flippity drug-referencing three-lettered team than THE high-flying flippity drug-referencing three-lettered guy?

Main event was very good as you would expect between the two guys involved. I was honestly surprised when Dexter popped up as the earlier stuff with Indi/Tony/the fish implied he wasn't there. Fun involvement with him and Johnny (JohnDex) and Dexter vs. Tony next week should be pretty fun/interesting.

Glad to hear WarGames are coming. Funny as the "news" sites were recently reporting no TakeOvers on the calendar and that we might not be getting NXT PPVs and then this gets announced.

It feels like there's probably a bit too much going on and they're cramming a lot into a show but at the same time, a lot of folks are getting TV time to get developed and familiar with the audience, and a lot of folks have feuds/angles brewing, sometimes overlapping and connecting multiple wrestlers, so I think he pros outweigh the cons. I thought this was a very good episode overall.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hairy, smelly, and grimey, he's the best part of NXT. I didn't think much of Grimes before his extended storyline with Ted DeBiase, but he's taking whatever garbage story they give him - a contrived poker game - into must watch stuff.

The best part of Dexter on commentary was Beth Phoenix telling the other hosts that Dexter's giving marriage advice that all husbands should take - just shut up and listen.

The Elektra Lopez / Quinn story has potential, as they both delivered last night. Count me as intrigued.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope the War Games show has the new guys vs. the established ones for every match. Looked like at one point they were planting the seeds for alliances.

Jacket Time is awesome. I don't think they would have a problem being over on the main roster. Maybe they'll be one of those post-Rumble or post-Mania debuts.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The opening match was alright. Kacy and Kayden feel shoehorned into this, especially since anyone getting screen time seems to be getting ample vignette time and these ladies really haven’t. I do like the hints of improvement to their tandem offense. Jacy really just isn’t it right now. She had at least 2-3 flubs in there that just were rough. Gigi didn’t her finisher clean, but it still looks like it’s not so fun to take.

McKenzie had some new jewelry on. Congrats to her and Vic.

Man, 2.0 really hit Sarray and KLR the wrong way. Sadly, I imagine if things continue as it’s, one or both of these ladies won’t be in the company this time next year.

Tian Sha was going to be a stretch but they did what they could creatively to give it a chance. It’s just gone off the rails over the last few months. The gimmick as a whole could still somehow be salvaged, but Boa just ain’t it.

Really enjoyed the pre match promo and setup for Diamond Mine. I’m not sure there’s a lot of evolution there for the group but the figurative bells and whistles for the presentation works. Jacket Time is fine for what they are. I could see them getting a championship feud but I don’t know if they’d actually win the gold. The idea of Jones messing with the CW Championship is really odd haha.

I’m guessing the Dakota/Raquel and Cora stuff will intertwine with the championship picture for War Games (Shame Regal didn’t announce it).

They were trying way too hard with the GYV vignette. They were fine as is but I guess they’re trying to find some distinguishable difference between Imperium and GYV. Looks like GYV drew the short straw.

Hudson’s accent seems to get lost when his yells lol. A live poker showdown sounds terrible lol. He’s got a look but definitely needs a better gimmick.

Overly cute but very efficient transition setup showing Knight, Sikoa, and Waller getting ready for their match. Pretty effective way to using all three guys during the match. Sikoa was handling things until Knight and Waller got on the same page. Their eventual bickering got things evened out for Sikoa and got him the win. The right guy here is getting the push.

Elektra said she hoped Quinn was watching the match. Sheesh, I hope he wasn’t. That was rough. I think they had motivations to have Elektra with LDF but I’m guessing that’s no longer necessary, so I’m not opposed to her defecting and pairing up with Quinn.

Hayes and Dunne had a good main event. It would have been better if there was more of a build to it. Clearly an old story but Dunne was chasing champions back in the day, faced a champion and won. Hurray for continuity lol. A triple threat of Hayes/Gargano/Dunne would be bonkers.

I imagine we’re getting the aforementioned women’s story that led off the show playing out for War Games, and I imagine we get a Old Guard vs. New Blood component for the men’s War Games match. I can see Dunne/The Way/Ciampa vs. D’Angelo/Williams & Hayes/Breakker as the match. Will be quite jarring to see NXT War Games without Undisputed Era.

The show just feels a little too scattered because they’re trying to throw a lot of newness at the audience. The shows have generally been much better when they’re focused on actual culmination of stories. There’s just a lot of talent that feels out of place within their characters, talent that is overqualified to be where they are at, and there feels like way too much fluff right now.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regal is still supposed to be in charge, right? Odd that he hasn't appeared at all since the rebrand.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, he’s still the kayfabe general manager of NXT.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's so little to be excited about in NXT now. It's like searching for bread crumbs in wreckage. I don't have the same intrigue as I did back in 2012 when we were introduced to new faces that we knew were destined for great things. These new guys though... they're too wet behind the ears to be on television.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gigi and JayJay shouldn't be tag champs right now. They're both way too green. It's clearly for the benefit of Mandy to have all the gold in her faction, but it happened way too soon. It would have been better for a babyface team to hold the tag titles for a while and challenge Toxic Attraction's claim of running the division with Mandy on top. Then you could build up to Gigi and JayJay's big win sometime next year when they've got more matches under their belt.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony vs. Dexter was a bit too short and rushed to really have much to it. It was more just to get Tony a win and get to the post-match stuff. Post-match stuff was all really good, though, smashing the artist's arm is a pretty nasty move and the mic work between everyone was very good, doing a nice job setting up the NA triple threat but also maybe WarGames stuff, too?

Gacy getting involved with Diamond Mine is intriguing.

Jackt Time/Jones vs. Diamond Mine was fine for what it was. Jiro's attire was extra crisp tonight. Nice big win for the faces. Still odd that Jones is feuding with Strong. I guess they could do something like having him earn title shots for his pals Jacket Time but it seems like they're more aimed for tag team gold so

This week's GYV antics made a little more sense than last week and I can't be too bothered they're getting a little more character by being liars or whatever this is.

MSK's vignette this week accomplished nothing.

Quinn vs. Chase was fine, Quinn using the Jackhammer as a finish isn't my favorite, I liked that big running elbow thing he did previously more. Post-match stuff with Legado was good. Storyline is interesting, really looking forward to Quinn vs. Escobar.

I actually liked the poker showdown. I had no idea what was going on as far as the game itself but commentary and their banter kept you informed and entertained through it anyway and it was something different. I had very low expectations but they were exceeded. Post-game powerbomb through the table was rad and it looks like Grimes might be getting that makeover after all. As I said after their previous game, though, it really seems like it undermines Hudson's expert poker guy character to be losing like a chump to a guy who's supposed to be a bit of an idiot. But at the same time, Hudson's a heel so maybe he talks a bigger game than he actually plays.

Disappointed Wagner going to SD didn't take him off NXT. Totally skipped the tag match with Toxic Masculinity as it was between easily my least favorite four guys on the show.

Ok, seriously, Grayson Waller seems like he's dancing between being a face and a heel every night. Absolutely a heel promo on Lashing Out so maybe he and Knight are flipping but Knight's also one of the only heels on this show that actually gets heat so not sure he should turn face.

Very impressive double Samoan Drop from Persia even if it looks real stupid when the second person voluntarily climbs onto the back of the first.

Good promo stuff from Ciampa. Nice nod to the Steiner math promo. So odd how they're constantly alluding to Breakker's lineage but never outright state it. I suspect we'll see Ciampa leading a men's WarGames team against Breakker's team.

Dakota vs. Raquel seemed to start off a little wonky but going going nicely. Soon as Raquel had the shovel I knew what was coming. During the big brawl I thought the crowd were chanting "Boring" and was a bit confused until I realized they were chanting "WarGames". Can't see Zoey's leg being good to go which is a shame so will be interesting to see who replaces her.

In ring action was a bit mediocre this week but most storylines going right now are all quite good. NXT 2.0's done a good job of getting me interested and invested in these new folks and getting a lot of things cooking for a lot of them.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recap later this week, hopefully lol

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good show again. Still feel like DIamond Mine needs a main eventer, as Roddy Strong ain't it. Guy's a cruiserweight fighting someone twice his weight. A guy like Dunne would be a good fit now, if they want to legitimize the stable. You got your rookies, your vets, your mouthpiece. They would be all set then.

Liked the main event building towards War games. Kinda expected something along those lines, not surprised.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure if they've done it multiple weeks but they're using the screens to add to the size of the audience (like for the old pandemic setup). Seems unnecessary to do, but whatever.

Probably for the best that D'Angelo/Lumis was not a long one. The match likely wouldn't have done wonders for either guy if it overstayed its welcome, and the match was essentially just a setup for all of the stuff afterwards. I do like the fact that there wasn't a ton of emotion to Lumis selling his hand getting the Pillman treatment with the chair. It's a good thing Williams is a very good talker because last I remember, he still had a ways to go as a worker. The triple threat is going to slap and if Hayes is going to get the next shot at Ciampa, it's best that Hayes gets a pin over Gargano (as I mentioned). If can be underhanded for all I care, it's just natural progression and clout for Hayes if he can say he's pinned Gargano.

Bivens is going to get that $837.50, one way or another. I think the stuff with Gacy and Diamond Mine seems kind of like a red herring but it is still connective tissued being established. I'm guessing Gacy has no interest in actually affiliating with Diamond Mind but he is interested in currying favor that can be collected upon down the road. Diamond Mine took an L and I'm guessing that's going to lead to a chance for Jones to get another crack at Strong and Gacy will help there, thus breaking Gacy (and Harland) off with Jones.

McKenzie Mitchell starts sporting the ring and Vic Joseph calls her babe. Alright then...

I thought it was going to be stupid for the poker showdown but I didn't figure that they'd actually implement production value to carry the segment. That certainly helped. That said, I don't think we need a full-blown poker showdown for a segment lol. There's probably too much nuance that has to be expressed for a non-poker player to be interested in this. Hudson could be a good poker player and be on tilt, but this still doesn't help him look good. At least the powerbomb spot looked good.

Waller is running a more evolved gimmick of what Theory is doing on Mondays, I guess. My stance hasn't really changed with him. There's something there but the whole package isn't close to being solid.

Stone is a brand of one right now. He's going to have to find some traction in a hurry or he's going to be a goner. I didn't take the double Samoan drop as the second woman willingly climbing on her teammate's back. Persia could've done more but she made the motion to make it seem like she was stacking both of them up. She's got a good look but she feels like she can very easily get lost in the shuffle.

A very meta approach to what's going on with the landscape of the show and how the champion is observing everything. Loved the Steiner math shoutout.

Dakota and Raquel had a good match after they got out of the starting gates. Guess female MSK is too busy Tik Toking and going to music festivals to be involved at War Games lol. Kind of makes it weird where they were involved last week and weren't this week. Unless Sarray magically comes back from Japan, I guessing Persia or a suddenly turning KLR rounds out the face team.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad they seem to have locked onto a character with Waller now with the entitle heel stuff. Match with Ciampa was very good. Knight has definitely turned face now which I'm not thrilled about as he's one of the few heels that actually got heat but whatever, he's awesome either way. Such an easy turn, just start insulting heels though I'm curious if it'll stick of if it's just for WarGames.

Welp, Grimes is getting that makeover after all and it's a decent way to go about it. Nice sell on why the hair/beard mean something with a strong promo (and a tear!). Feud's doing well to secure Hudson as Captain Asshole with the strong heat.

Nice win for the KCs. Potential friction between Indi and Persia as a result, perhaps? Going to miss Dex being off TV for a month.

Blade's the new regular jobber it seems. They were making a big deal of Escobar returning and I didn't realize he was really gone 'cuz Legado were still keeping busy. Was he injured or something and I forgot? Can't say as I'm too excited about the teams involved in the title picture, would much rather Jacket Time had gotten in there but they haven't really earned that spot yet.

Jade's back to her shocker winning thing and KLR's sort of turned face, at least enough to round out a WarGames team.

Very odd stuff going on with the CW Title as Strong was bust with Jones and now has moved on to Gacy for some reason. Very odd as it's heel vs. heel and also with this waving the weight limit thing. With Harland on his side I could see Gacy getting the belt and things getting damn weirder. I don't like Harland's boiler suit attire. Nice to see Ivy back in action, she fucking rules.

Skipped GYV vs. Briggs/Jenson.

Somewhere in the show MSK and their bag of....drugs?...continued and it wasn't much but did have the funniest dialogue of the night with Carter talking about his cake and Lee agreeing that he's thicc.

Main event was very good. Men's WarGames set up was fine enough.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gargano has signed a one-week extension on his current deal. That will allow him to work through War Games.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What time does wwe put nxt on the 'cock?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing new to report with Waller. Promising appearance and ability. He'll get more interesting when his overall presence just improves because this current iteration ain't it.

Grimes had a great promo. Waller = Hudson to me.

So Tiffany is a daddy's girl who loves tennis and is looking to make some noise in NXT. She's got a crossfit and gymnastics background. Looks like she made her debut last week on 205 Live and she seemed fine. We'll see how much mileage they can get out of the Mean Girls/Clueless type character.

It was hilarious in an unintentional way that Persia had no qualms facing Female MSK (or EDM-loving KCs) on her own lol. Probably one of the few segments where I thought everyone involved came across well. Good character development for Indi, and Persia still looks impressive.

What a hodgepodge of teams interacting in that segment to set up the eventual tag championship match at War Games lol. The No. 1 contenders match and the actual championship match (likely between KOR/VW and Imperium) should be good.

Well the only real logical option was KLR turning to make the numbers even for the women's War Games match and I guess that's what we are getting. Guess we'll see what ultimately comes of that. Really didn't like the idea of Mandy having to take a cheap loss to someone of Cora's status. Smart of Cora to have the rollup as her finisher as it is totally en vogue.

More squashes for Ivy and she looks like a beast. I am a big fan of the modified Dragon Sleeper as her finisher. I definitely had a big swing and a miss with what I thought they would do initially with Gacy and Diamond Mine. Seems a little too soon to take the belt off Strong so I'd be surprised if he lost.

They're getting attention but I imagine GYV might be having second thoughts about making that trip across the pond and leaving NXT UK.

Poor Dunne. Bruiserweight can't get a proper entrance for the main event. I thought the three guys had a really fun match together. The break didn't help with the flow of the match. I can see how those breaks make sense in a singles match but they usually keep things going in a triple threat, so that mojo was lost a bit. Good on them to have Hayes pin Gargano. Dunne and D'Angelo feels like an incredibly strange pairing if they eventually broke off into a feud. Regardless, D'Angelo's inclusion was a good way to get things to the finish line for the match. The stamina between Waller and Knight is immaculate as they fought pretty much most of the show. Knight showed surprisingly efficient versatility flipping the script more as a face, but the transition worked because he didn't really actually do anything different lol. It's a good group of eight for the War Games match.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only a month removed from winning her first title and Mandy already took an L. I don't get why they can't protect their champions.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Only a month removed from winning her first title and Mandy already took an L. I don't get why they can't protect their champions.
    I mean to be fair she had been taking L's for a long time and I don't see how her being gifted the title due to interference changes that. I mean, I think it would be worse if she was 5-6 months into her run and she loses a non-title match to someone half her size. Plus, look how she lost. It wasn't exactly clean. It pretty much set up Mandy's next feud with KLR.

Only fans of Goldberg care about wins and loses to this degree. This isn't a real sport. Shit even in a real sport the champions lose.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Only fans of Goldberg care about wins and loses to this degree.
    That’s not true, like at all. IIRC, AEW literally puts the wrestler’s Win-Loss record on-screen as they head to the ring.

Did I just “body” you? Did I do that correctly?
    Last edited by Tyson; November 29th, 2021 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s not true, like at all. IIRC, AEW literally puts the wrestler’s Win-Loss record on-screen as they head to the ring.

And they still don't really care about wins/losses because one of those Gunn kids are like 33-0 and has had ZERO title shots. But Jay Lethal, Tony Neese, Eddie Kingston, etc. all show up and on day one get a title shot. There's that little lucha jobber who was 1-30 and got 2 title shots.

You did body me Goldberg you son of bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!! (if you get it sweet, if not, youtube it lol)

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    TNT title has always been open challenge. Every person you mentioned was for the TNT title.

I expect TBS will be open challenge too and that's how Ember Moon/Athena shows up.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TNT title has always been open challenge. Every person you mentioned was for the TNT title.

I expect TBS will be open challenge too and that's how Ember Moon/Athena shows up.
    And none of what you just mentioned changes anything about what I said. Open challenge or not.

Thank you Mr. AEW Apologist.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eh… AEW led with sayin they were going to take win and loss records seriously, but they also said they were going to have refs be taken seriously and the rules were going to be highly enforced. They ditched that real quick lol. Wins and losses don’t matter in AEW, in my opinion showing the W/L records are mostly for show. If they have a good record, cool. If not, who cares, bada bing bada boom how you doin?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh… AEW led with sayin they were going to take win and loss records seriously, but they also said they were going to have refs be taken seriously and the rules were going to be highly enforced. They ditched that real quick lol. Wins and losses don’t matter in AEW, in my opinion showing the W/L records are mostly for show. If they have a good record, cool. If not, who cares, bada bing bada boom how you doin?
    Keep it movin'

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And none of what you just mentioned changes anything about what I said. Open challenge or not.

Thank you Mr. AEW Apologist.
    Yes, it does. All of the other title challengers are picked by rankings. You picked the one title that had always been open challenge.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it does. All of the other title challengers are picked by rankings. You picked the one title that had always been open challenge.
    Their rankings are a joke. Look at the 8-man tournament they just had to determine the #1 contender to the World title....Nowhere did I see Billy Gunn Jr. Nowhere did I see Jungle Boy. Nowhere did I see MJF. But guess who we did see? "10" from Dark Order. Eddie Kingston has a better record than MJF?? Yeah fuckin right.

Ruby Riott won a battle royal and that allowed her to jump over every single woman on the roster to get a title shot.

We can do this all day. They gave Christian Cage a World title shot after like 5 wins. Maybe it was 6. It definitely wasn't 30.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No one was at 30 wins at the time and Christian's first match was for the Impact title.

MJF barely wrestles so people are higher in the rankings than him.

Gimmick matches are used for number one contenders, what else should they be used for?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one was at 30 wins at the time and Christian's first match was for the Impact title.

MJF barely wrestles so people are higher in the rankings than him.

Gimmick matches are used for number one contenders, what else should they be used for?
    You're 10000% correct, nobody had 30 wins at the time but they did have 26 wins at the time (Gunn Jr). Christian's first match wasn't for the Impact title it was against Kazarian.

MJF was ranked lower than "10"? So those 8 in that tournament were the legit top 8 in the company. So "10" was ranked higher than Miro, who was only in the tournament because Mox went into rehab the WWE paid for.

That last part about the gimmick matches. Are you saying all gimmick matches, or particular ones that are labeled as #1 contender matches? Because we've seen street fights, we've seen death matches, and they weren't #1 contender matches. Moxley v. Omega for the World title in an exploding deathmatch was a #1 contender's match?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep it movin'
    Listen what I say, I hear you chewin'

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought both ladder matches were very good. Breakker is so impressive for a dude that's only been in the game for less than a year.

Really seems like the new era's going to be locking in hard after War Games with even more vignettes for new names tonight. 2.0 is doing a great job in actually fleshing people out and trying to establish them with video packages and promo time and most folks being inserted into a feud/storyline as well. Character building, who knew it was a good thing? With Gargano gone after WG, wouldn't surprise me if other old guard are called up or let go or whatever. Will we ever seen the return of Samoa Joe for his title? Maybe after Breakker wins it?

Guess there's one match I'll be skipping on Sunday, the tag title bout. Imperium are ok but far from interesting to me and KOR/Wagner are my least favorite wrestlers in the company.

The stuff with Gacy and the CW Title is weird but a bit interesting. Just not sure who you're supposed to be rooting for or why and why the CW Champ hasn't really feuded with an actual cruiserweight in months. Still think Gacy's mic work needs work as he's a bit too slow and deliberate which feels a bit unnatural.

Boa's new thing sucks. Hopefully Solo whoops his ass and they drop it.

Persia continuing to look a beast winning everything by herself. Curious if this is leading to her and Indi feuding in the end. Disappearing Dexter is intriguing, though it's odd that the dude would still be at the hospital two weeks later for a simple broken hand/arm.

Pretty hyped for War Games outside of the tag title match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KLR more as a face is still getting some used to, but it was a good match between her and Dakota.

I don't know who the shaman is going to be that MSK has been seeking. All I can say is that I'm glad the story is finally coming to an end (hopefully).

All I've got for the tag championship story is that Imperium is definitely looking to get as lean as they are mean. Seeing Aichner, Barthel and then recent photos of WALTER, guys look to be in incredible shape.

Gacy's all-inclusive approach feels like a very convenient means to just get rid of the Cruiserweight Championship on NXT altogether. Fact is, the championship made more sense for the old version of NXT and really doesn't fit in this version. I can see Gacy winning, giving it to Harland and the big guy just destroying it.

Edris Enofé feels like an immediate rehash of Sikoa but with some militaristic flair. I guess that's going to have to differentiate the two of them because it seems like they could be paired together. Boa needs to go-a.

Draco Anthony might have the most vigorless vignette I've seen in quite some time. That said, I'm curious to see where it's going.

The symbolism implemented along the way for the Men's War Games match is definitely the most interesting thing on the program for me. "Team Black and Gold" is carrying a flag that clearly is no longer of interest for the company so if that doesn't tell you who is winning on Sunday, they're doing a hell of a zag to throw you off the scent. "Team 2.0" kind of harkens back to the throwback Survivor Series teams and despite being a bunch of newbies, I appreciated that callback. Much like with Hayes, it was good for Breakker to add a notch on his belt by taking out Ciampa's old friend. If this was Gargano's last singles match in NXT, he went out in style.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounded like they may change the cruiserweight title into some dsort of x-divison thing if gacy wins.

hoping MSK's shaman is RVD

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beth Phoenix announced that War Games is her final call for NXT. Will be leaving to spend more time with her family.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beth Phoenix has done a great job at the booth. If it was just her and Wade Barrett it would probably be the best announcing team in wrestling. Pat McAfee is great but him and Cole lose points for it being Michael Cole.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Beth Phoenix announced that War Games is her final call for NXT. Will be leaving to spend more time with her family.
    Full statement:

She's been really good. The best thing you can ask for is for commentators not to stick out or talk over each other and she's fit in great. I also didn't realize she'd been there that long.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I say bring in Lita. Her and Jim Ross were great together doing the MYC.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope they bring back Percy Watson

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beth being gone is just another chip off what gave NXT it's identity. It's like a crumbling glacier.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna miss Auntie Betty. She's been really solid in the booth. Will be curious to see if they slot someone else in.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I looked up the WarGames card and man half of the people I have no clue who they are. I'm really excited to watch this show to find out what they are all about!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Big Bad Booty Nephew, maybe laughed for 10 minutes. Very funny guy, Johnny Gargano.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The women’s Wargame advantage match shocked me purely for the fact the first time I can recall the face team actually got a Wargames advantage even stretching back to WCW (if wrong someone correct me) so kudos to them for that for at least throwing doubt on the outcome.

The men’s outcome though is the most obvious one in the world considering it’s old vs new era plus Gargano’s last match but hell it’s Wargames so sure it’ll be a banger.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw what’s the current status on Regal? Is he still doing anything behind the scenes if not on-screen GM.

Tom @BGMaverick Stone hopefully has an answer!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The women’s Wargame advantage match shocked me purely for the fact the first time I can recall the face team actually got a Wargames advantage even stretching back to WCW (if wrong someone correct me) so kudos to them for that for at least throwing doubt on the outcome.

The men’s outcome though is the most obvious one in the world considering it’s old vs new era plus Gargano’s last match but hell it’s Wargames so sure it’ll be a banger.
    Could have sworn the face team had the advantage in the last Women's Wargames match too.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could have sworn the face team had the advantage in the last Women's Wargames match too.
    I’d have to look this up as was going off the cuff. I’ll concede a bit if you’re right but will say generally these things go to the heels even if you are right.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay you were right. Shotzi did get it last year so kudos.

It’s not a very common occurrence though in these Wargames things in general but at least they try and shake it up as far as the women go.

The men’s and this context go I think is a given.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although the face women still lost that time and men’s faces still won in past matches despite the heels getting the advantage.

It may a bit to the build-up at the end of the day, but can be meaningless if what happens when the day comes. It’s like when they put #30 Rumble spot on the line the week before the event happens.

I think it’d be better if they just coin-tossed/draw these things on the day.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Btw what’s the current status on Regal? Is he still doing anything behind the scenes if not on-screen GM.

Tom @BGMaverick Stone hopefully has an answer!
    Nothing new has popped up, so I have to assume he's just been working more as a trainer and recruiter.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay you were right. Shotzi did get it last year so kudos.

It’s not a very common occurrence though in these Wargames things in general but at least they try and shake it up as far as the women go.

The men’s and this context go I think is a given.
    Although the face women still lost that time and men’s faces still won in past matches despite the heels getting the advantage.

It may a bit to the build-up at the end of the day, but can be meaningless if what happens when the day comes. It’s like when they put #30 Rumble spot on the line the week before the event happens.

I think it’d be better if they just coin-tossed/draw these things on the day.
    The face team getting the advantage stuck in my head because of Brian Alvarez's vicious rant about the match, lol. One of his points was that by doing this, the heels become the underdogs which is something you should only do with faces. I only hope the face team will look less like idiots than in last year's match.