User Tag List

Page 225 of 229 FirstFirst ... 215221222223224225226227228229 LastLast
Results 22,401 to 22,500 of 22879

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the time comes that Truth retires from in-ring competition, hope they still have an onscreen role for him. He’d be hilarious as a colour commentator for example.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Once you hit 50 your bones and muscles deterioate at a much more rapid pace. I plan on sitting in a chair once I hit 50 to avoid injury.
    When i hit 50, I'm gonna get my bones removed and live in a tank like a jellyfish.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    When the time comes that Truth retires from in-ring competition, hope they still have an onscreen role for him. He’d be hilarious as a colour commentator for example.

Truth knocks it out of the park every chance he gets, but I think he's better in small doses - three hours could be tiresome. I thought he could give other talent a rub by "offering" to be their agent or manager, to give them a chance to rebuff his offer. Have him hang around anyway, join the commentary desk saying he's "scouting" or something. He plays the oblivious role to perfection, so if he went out to scout AJ Styles first, they could have a lot of fun. Then he moves on to someone who already has a mouthpiece, like Omos or Otis, before finally landing on someone who won't say no to him - Dexter Lumis.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been thinking of the development of the JD McDonagh character. Seems like after the first loss to Breakker they're actually taking time to round out who he is, what his character is supposed to be. I think they got it backwards with him. Threw him in there with Breakker for an extended period and only really going into the rematch/triple threat did we get to "know" what he was about. His ring work is alright, the character is alright, but I feel like a Duke Hudson or Von Wagner would've been better off getting that spot instead. Wagner needs something and not just "I'm big and make mean faces and sometimes have a tan".

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JD has always been meh, even before he was JD. Plus he looks like a 4th grade bully.

The one thing Wagner needs is to go away.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starks might work better as a heel. Lyons, she has a great look and seems to be adapting well to the sport. I could definitely see her on the main roster in the next year or two. She's someone who I think they can build NXT's women's division around as a top tier player if she keeps progressing. As a fan I don't want to see her get rushed to the main event and fall on her face.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought heel-wise if Stark does well, main roster pair her either with Rousey & Baszler or with Deville as a tag team. Deville feels like that floater who teams up with people on a temporary basis but isn't a serious challenger on her own. I'd like to see Zoey be a thorn in the side for Lyons and then break them off into different directions so they can both stay relevant.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Axiom rules. First JD match since the return that I've actually really enjoyed. That finish with the leg bend was gnarly.

Saw Stark's heel turn coming but it was damn well done. Props to Nikkita was taking that belt shot like a champ.

I'm so intrigued by Scrypts because of how gawd-awful it is, i really want to see the dude and how it works when he's actually revealed and doing stuff.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll need to see how they try to portray Zoey because the easy template is working like Cora's turn but we can't be that lazy with the storytelling. We haven't seen a lot of personality regardless of alignment for Zoey, so they need to step things up for her here.

Grimes and Hayes need to go up to the main roster. They're pretty much done in NXT.

I'm quite surprised that the segment between Wagner and Breakker just didn't fall apart. Guess kudos are in order for Waller and Stone to keep that going. The match should be good but we're just waiting for the next thing for Breakker.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    How much longer does Bron stay in NXT? Seems like he needs to make the big jump pretty soon, no?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    How much longer does Bron stay in NXT? Seems like he needs to make the big jump pretty soon, no?
    Is he ready for the main roster? There's a little too much movement going on right now with many returns, debuts, adjustments under Triple H's watch. I would definitely test the waters at Rumble. Have him as an entrant, get a couple eliminations before getting tossed out by someone of worth. I don't want to see Corbin eliminate this guy.

I think he's good on the mic, not bad in the ring, but I think that a debut after Mania or Summerslam at the latest.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Is he ready for the main roster? There's a little too much movement going on right now with many returns, debuts, adjustments under Triple H's watch. I would definitely test the waters at Rumble. Have him as an entrant, get a couple eliminations before getting tossed out by someone of worth. I don't want to see Corbin eliminate this guy.

I think he's good on the mic, not bad in the ring, but I think that a debut after Mania or Summerslam at the latest.
    I wonder though, I’ll plead ignorance because I’m not a hardcore NXT guy, if Bron is best served as a big fish in a small pond.

Can someone more knowledgeable than I help me out, but is his in-ring style more big-manish when frankly he’s not very big? In NXT he can be THE guy; on RAW/SmackDown he’s one of a couple dozen “smaller” dudes permanently stuck in the midcard.

I’ll hang up and listen…

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder though, I’ll plead ignorance because I’m not a hardcore NXT guy, if Bron is best served as a big fish in a small pond.

Can someone more knowledgeable than I help me out, but is his in-ring style more big-manish when frankly he’s not very big? In NXT he can be THE guy; on RAW/SmackDown he’s one of a couple dozen “smaller” dudes permanently stuck in the midcard.

I’ll hang up and listen…
    I can tell you the expiration date is rapidly approaching for the big fish in a small pond concept. He's running out of competitors to run up against. He either needs to move up or turn to reset the deck for him.

With his family pedigree, upside, athleticism, he's going to be given opportunities to succeed on the main roster. The guy is catching on at such a rapid rate. He's going to be smaller amongst the likes of Lashley, Lesnar, Strowman, Omos but he's going to be more than fine amongst the rest of the roster.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wagner/Breakker was fine and thankfully it was pretty obvious Wagner wasn't going to win.

Stark's promo was too long and the crowd seemed like they wanted to support her until she did the expected, "screw you" line. She fumbled a bit in places but I thought the closing "undeniable" part was pretty good.

Indus Sher rule.

Crews/JD was good. Was surprised Crews won. Don't think he's beating Bron, though, reckon JD's going to do it eventually since they seem to be sticking with him and hinting that he's still coming for Bron.

Contract signing was good.

Ok, I have to say it, I like Schism now. They've changed up their aesthetic for the much better with the Purge-esque shit and now that all the guys wear wrestling gear again. Match was decent.

Iron Survivor Challenge sounds interesting but a bit too complex. i think it'd be better without the dumb penalty box part.

Hartwell/Paxley was a mess. I'm not buying the new aggressive Indi yet.

I legit said to the wife that I thought Mandy would retain because someone would interfere in the main event and cost Alba the match. Match was good and better than their previous. I did not think of Isla as being the one to appear but kind of geeked when she did as she seems pretty cool to me.

Do you think the 12 year old that writes SCRYPTS' "poems" is getting paid? I hope the dude's live promos are like his shitty poetry 'cuz this gimmick is going to be a laugh if so.
    Can't wait to see him next week,
    I am eager to get a peak,
    'cuz his poems are really crap,
    don't think this gimmick will put him on the map.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah this Iron Survivor Challenge seems like a cross between the old Champion Scramble and TNA’s King of the Mountain match with the penalty box. Seems a lot to cram in for just 25 minutes. Much simpler if they just did the scramble.

I also figured someone else would interfere in LWS. I was thinking Sonya. Not really familiar with Isla tbh.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Ok, I have to say it, I like Schism now.
    Wait HHHWAT?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Schism the wrestling group has to be better than Schism the Tool song.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schism the wrestling group has to be better than Schism the Tool song.
    Love the music video, but that song was one of the most overplayed songs ever in its day.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Love the music video, but that song was one of the most overplayed songs ever in its day.
    That’s the whole music industry pretty much.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Give me a TOOL song that was supposedly overplayed 21 years ago over all this soft ass hip hop they kept pedaling. When was the last time you heard TOOL for a wrestling package? Never.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hate Tool

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate Tool

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Iconic moment. From the best movie ever made.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iconic moment. From the best movie ever made.
    Now imagine if "Schism" by Tool was playing while he was coming out ready to handle business....I could maybe understand why you praise it lol

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It would be better than that Mr. Sandman bullshit they play in some of the films.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be better than that Mr. Sandman bullshit they play in some of the films.
    One of my only gripes. I don't get it.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate Tool
    I am shocked and appalled and not sure if we should meet up now.

May just message Maynard to fuck you up instead.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, on the plus side, SCRYPTS being Reggie and actually getting to wrestle is cool and he did some neat moves. But oh my god, the gimmick and poems were bad enough but what in the sweet hell is that outfit?!

Hayes/Lee was a banger. Dijak being back is cool though I don't get this "hard justice" Big Bossman gimmick.

Where is Quincy?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, on the plus side, SCRYPTS being Reggie and actually getting to wrestle is cool and he did some neat moves. But oh my god, the gimmick and poems were bad enough but what in the sweet hell is that outfit?!

Hayes/Lee was a banger. Dijak being back is cool though I don't get this "hard justice" Big Bossman gimmick.

Where is Quincy?
    Probably getting some more seasoning before he's back on tv. The charisma is there but the matches are pretty weak.

Dijak is someone I've been trying to like since he was in ROH. He's basically Jerry Lynn to me in the sense that I know dude can go and there are 2-3 people I like seeing them wrestle. But overall it's just someone who's "there". Reminds me of Mark Jindrak to be honest. Plus dude has a weird voice.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laughed at Booker’s reaction “Who?” Way to put him over Book!

I got a WWE Twitter notification before watching the show saying “He’s baaaack!” and thought it was gonna be like Nash Carter coming back to even the odds for Lee with Carmelo/Trick in the title match. Dijak is okay but a bit of a let-down tbh.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They need to have Diajkovic just destroy everyone on the NXT Roster, being the one to unseat Bronn Breakker. Just when they think no one can unseat Diajkovic, Keith Lee returns and they resume their rivalry.

How long has Keith Lee got on his contract with AEW.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee and Hayes had a damn good match. Hopefully Lee can have a pretty good run here and make the most of it. I'm ready to see Hayes and Williams on the main roster.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indi vs. Roxy was easily Indi's best match it quite awhile. Part of that was thanks to a quality opponent but Indi seemed to be vibing more with her new attitude, as well. Even so, i think Indi needs a full overhaul, more like Cora Jade, change her aesthetic and go 100% heel soon.

Still have no idea what Dijak is talking about with all his rage/justice nonsense but at least he's not T-Bar and he's a good wrestler, so it's ok. Was surprised it wasn't more of a squash honestly. Should be able to have a banger with Lee if he goes after him.

The Hudson/Chase U angle is pretty damn compelling.

No idea how James go in the Iron Survivor match, they seem really high on her and I think she's got a look/gimmick that's decent but she's done nothing to impress in the ring yet. Match with Fallon was a thing that happened.

Big Body Javi has absolutely won me over with his backstage interviews and hilariousness but when he gets in the ring, he's not keeping me. Match with Axiom was good but that was more because Axiom's dope for me.

JD vs. Julius was pretty good. That delayed vertial where Julius fucking sits down and gets back up is insane. Cesaro-esque. The finish made zero sense...why get DQ'd when you hit someone who's not in the match? Pretty sure people do that all the time.

Wagner/Blade was alright. I feel like I'd dig Wagner if they'd given him a gimmick and put him in a mask and made him like a Kane-esque silent monster or something instead of just the generic caveman-faced big man he is.

Some of the Iron Survivor choices are a little odd (James, the fact Zoey got in but Nikkita didn't). The Wild Card winners seem pretty obvious.

Six-woman tag was good enough but nothing amazing..
    Last edited by mth; November 30th, 2022 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was convinced Wagner was going to win his triple threat so I popped big when Axiom won instead. Much better choice.

Still scratching my head over how they use Xyon Quinn but whatever. Lee's escape from the ring was neat.

Dempsey's cool, Walker's everyman shtick works well though I'm disappointed they didn't contieu things with him and Elliott. I legit forgot Gulak even existed so his appearance was a real surprise. Could have some bangers with Dempsey if that's what's getting set up.

PD's Christmas thing was alright but they're talking segments always go on for twice as long as necessary. NEW DAY! Holy balls, that was a surprise and should make for a killer match at Deadline. Nice.

Isla is dope, match with Thea was alright, though Isla's finisher is a bit underwhelming. Love that she does the mist, though. Big into the vibe of Dawn vs. Fyre and if Lyra gets into that mix, I'm quite hyped for a bunch of mystical spooky ladies fighting each other like some alt press comic book.

Briggs/Jensen vs Blade/Inofi was serviceable but more about everything else going on than the match itself. BTW, I head canon that Kiana is banging her secretary.

I was pretty sure Indi was winning her match from the get go but was rooting for Choo. I like Choo's gimmick but I do think it's holding her back a bit and some kind of evolution would benefit her. Speaking of evolutions, as mentioned last week, hopefully there's some bigger changes coming to Indi soon.

There's just too much going on during the GWE segments with the scrolling text and the second camera, I think that shit really distracts and detracts from its effectiveness. Some decent mic exchanges during this, though, and the expected show closing brawl served its purpose.

Deadline's filled out with some undercard matches that really increased my interest. PD/ND should be damn good and Fyre/Dawn is intriguing. The Iron Survivor matches are more interesting to me just to see how the convoluted stip plays out rather than being overly invested in the competitors. I'm more interested in the Women's than the Men's. I have no interest in Crews/Breakker to be honest.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The build for Deadline has made the show more interesting than I was a week ago. I think Bron/Crews will deliver. I'm feeling more of the buddy dynamic there than when they stuck Wagner & Kyle O'Boring with it.

Not terribly impressed by Pretty Meh-dly but a match with someone on the main roster might stir some interest. The NXT tag division has some good depth but nobody really stands out above the competition.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a huge part of me that wants to see New Day win the NXT tag titles. I get that it's developmental, but I think having ND as tag champs puts eyes on a product that needs some positivity lol.

The card is pretty weak imo. Bron/Crews is what it is. Crews was great when he was leaning into his roots but other than that just some muscular high flyer, it doesn't do much for anyone when everyone can do what you do.

This is all we have between now and Rumble January 28th. IDK how I feel about that.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    There's a huge part of me that wants to see New Day win the NXT tag titles. I get that it's developmental, but I think having ND as tag champs puts eyes on a product that needs some positivity lol.
    That’s a pretty brilliant idea, to be honest.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why on earth did Andre Chase do the flying cross body, and then roll out of the ring? Apart from that and Von Wagner's involvement, I quite enjoyed that match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a pretty brilliant idea, to be honest.
    The way I see it, if Dolph Ziggler can be NXT Champion the New Day can be tag champions. Let's be honest, NXT has suffered without the veterans even if we're talking the guys like a Samoa Joe or Kevin Owens as full time members. If they want to air this show on USA every week and maybe one day turn a profit, now would be the time to start mixing it up. Having New Day come down a week prior to the show and then do the job seems pointless for a team of that level. In the tag world they're The Rock. They're Austin. You wouldn't send Randy Orton down to do the job to Bron Breakker a week prior to a big show.

They would also become the 3rd triple crown tag champs (The Revival and Street Profits being the other two).

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You know if WWE can get the Revival back, on NXT or the main roster, the tag team division is going to be lit. Wouldn't be opposed to the idea of New Day winning and then holding it for a while for the Revival to come out and challenge them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sol Ruca looks impressive, and that finish tho dannnng.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That finisher was dope. I see something in Feroz, though, and think she's got lots of scrappy underdog potential.

Quick picks for Deadl1ne:
    Roxanne
    Isla
    Pretty Deadly
    Hayes
    Breakker

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After seeing them, the Iron Survivor premise has a lot of promise. There's quite a bit going on but it ultimately boils down to the execution of the match and if they can tell some stories in there. You have the opportunity to create a new challenger but you can have someone kind of have a breakout moment as well. As for a tweak, I think there's a cheap hook there if they just keep one of the entrants a mystery until the match begins. They don't have to be the final entrant but if you have them come in at any point, that's some sizzle that can help keep intrigue for the match.

Either way, this felt like a match that was going to be a new staple for NXT or a floundering dud of an idea. I think it's going to be the former rather than the latter.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    After seeing them, the Iron Survivor premise has a lot of promise. There's quite a bit going on but it ultimately boils down to the execution of the match and if they can tell some stories in there. You have the opportunity to create a new challenger but you can have someone kind of have a breakout moment as well. As for a tweak, I think there's a cheap hook there if they just keep one of the entrants a mystery until the match begins. They don't have to be the final entrant but if you have them come in at any point, that's some sizzle that can help keep intrigue for the match.

Either way, this felt like a match that was going to be a new staple for NXT or a floundering dud of an idea. I think it's going to be the former rather than the latter.
    Just starting to watch the show now. First impressions from the women’s match are either a bigger time limit than 25 or alternatively keep the time but ditch the penalty box completely as by the time someone’s gets in almost half their time is up.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iron Survivor matches worked out pretty decently so I'm cool if it becomes a fixture. I agree with BG that having the entrant order a mystery or "random" might be the better way to go. Both were pretty good but the men's seemed like it used the various aspecrts of the stip better (particularly the penalty box) and had some better intensity so it was a notch or two above the women's. Worth noting Kiana James really seemed to step up and show out. Gacy also seems like he's clicking into a better more aggressive side. Called Roxy and not mad about Waller winning. I think if Hayes isn't going about the NXT Title it's time for a main roster debut at the Rumble.

Dawn/Fyre was great. Good aggression, felt like a fight, and the spooky stuff was amusing.

NXT Tag Title match was an absolute blast. Highly entertaining antics from both dies, loved the twerk-off and the belt-shot fake-out-fest, and they had me with the actual belt shot that followed, and whaddaya know, awesome surprise (to me, at least) with New Day getting that Grand Slam win. Excellent stuff.

Breakker/Crews was what I expected. Perfectly serviceable if a bit meh overall. Feud wasn't hot for me so I wasn't feeling the "big fight feel" they were trying to sell and then it was just the evenly matched story and the finish seemed abrupt.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically Isla Dawn is Papa Shango lol. Or creepy Bliss.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just starting to watch the show now. First impressions from the women’s match are either a bigger time limit than 25 or alternatively keep the time but ditch the penalty box completely as by the time someone’s gets in almost half their time is up.
    I'll respectfully disagree on both suggestions lol.

Think the time works and they clearly made better use of the penalty box in the men's match.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll respectfully disagree on both suggestions lol.

Think the time works and they clearly made better use of the penalty box in the men's match.
    Tbf I haven’t seen the men’s one yet so will reserve a bit of judgement but it’s (from the women) like they were barely in there and back in. Maybe they could be “frozen out” ditching the box still fighting but can’t score a fall or longer time in the box but the box didn’t add to that particular match.

Don’t get me wrong, the in-ring portion of the match is good but the box seemed a waste of a structure.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Major notes from HBK's post-show media call:

HBK said it took 48 hours to put together the Iron Survivor matches with all the talent involved. Coaches got all the concepts on Friday and then shared that with the talent. Humorously mentioned that one of the talent said that the match was great but that they never want to be involved in it again. He said this was a type of advanced training for the developmental talent, comparing cues to everything involving a Mania entrance and match and timing with the idea of having to being able to retain in a setting such as this.

He said he expects NXT Tag Team titles to be represented on SmackDown since New Day are champions and still labeled as Smackdown talent, but nothing has been determined. He also said he hasn't run into instances where he's talked to Hunter and has been turned down in terms of suggestions of talent to come to NXT. HBK said he attributes his success rate there due to the fact he's "reasonable" in terms of the requests (i.e. not asking for Reigns or someone of that ilk). Does seem like an opportunistic situation with New Day, based on the fact NXT's next PLE is one that will actually be out on the road.

Ideally, HBK "doesn't see the rush" in sending Breakker to the main roster. His goal is to get the time to make him a more well-rounded performer for the main roster. "I would like to wrap him up nicely in a bow and deliver him to [the main roster] perfectly ready to go."

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very happy for the New Day getting their grand slam win, great match. I hope they don’t do an HBK/Solo and actually defend them on the main shows as well.

Another new wrinkle on Usos vs New Day with all the belts on the line. Triple sets of belts champs let’s go!
    Last edited by Badger; December 11th, 2022 at 12:39 AM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Are you fucking serious? What a joke wwe is

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you fucking serious? What a joke wwe is
    Okay random.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @BGMaverick watching the men’s survivor which was much better I do see more where you’re coming from as they did use the box and concept a a lot better than the women did. Fighting in the box and that dive. Also liking the guys getting quick falls in succession to create an exciting finish. Clever with Walker running a bit

Maybe still extend the time slightly on the match a bit longer than 25 mins overall IMO as still seems a bit short for all those falls but maybe that’s just me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're going to go with both women's and men's matches for this setup, I think 25 is a happy medium. You're really stretching the limits if you're asking for 30+ minutes for matches for the women where this is going to incorporate more developing talent in regards to the women compared to the men.

This was two different types of matches which is good. For example, we saw a lot of the same bells and whistles for the WarGames matches with the weapons and such. Here, you saw the box incorporated as a weapon and platform for the men and it was just a traditional setting for the women. The variety was there, so that keeps them both fresh.

It was an incredibly tough spot for the women to lead that thing off and it was trial by fire, despite best laid plans established. I thought both matches were good and showed promise for the future for the general setup. I don't think longer time is a good idea though.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they're going to go with both women's and men's matches for this setup, I think 25 is a happy medium. You're really stretching the limits if you're asking for 30+ minutes for matches for the women where this is going to incorporate more developing talent in regards to the women compared to the men.

This was two different types of matches which is good. For example, we saw a lot of the same bells and whistles for the WarGames matches with the weapons and such. Here, you saw the box incorporated as a weapon and platform for the men and it was just a traditional setting for the women. The variety was there, so that keeps them both fresh.

It was an incredibly tough spot for the women to lead that thing off and it was trial by fire, despite best laid plans established. I thought both matches were good and showed promise for the future for the general setup. I don't think longer time is a good idea though.
    It’s probably because I’m more conditioned to seeing the talent like that work about 15 or 20 minutes in a normal setting for single fall matches yet now they can score more in a lot quicker time.

But in general feel a bit better on the concept following the men’s match.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Crews/Breakker was okay but yeah a bit flat and missing some heat.

Think Waller should be the one to dethrone him as Bron is getting to the point of staleness as champ now. Call him up along with Hayes probably.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow they actually ended the Mandy reign on a normal show rather than a special like NYE. Wonder if this means Toxic Attraction will be getting called up soon or because Xmas is coming up and they wanted to make the fans happy?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soon as Roxanne made the challenge, I had a feeling she was taking it. not mad about it. Make the regular shows matter and all that. I did think the match itself was underwhelming and felt rushed. Happy that she's the champ, though. Not sure if the title change ties into Rose's release and it'll be interesting to see if Gigi/Jacey are rebranded without Mandy or how that is handled.

Scrypts got new gear and it's just as bad as his previous gear. His gimmick/look seem like they let one of the Make-A-Wish kids create a wrestler and then they made Reggie portray that kid's idea. On the plus side, JIRO! Back on TV and he fucking WON! Awesome. Figured Javi was taking it since he's getting focus. Scrpyts/Jiro in-ring should be good, though and I hope they realize what they've got in Jiro and he can move up from his jobber to the stars role.

Lyra seems pretty rad and I hope she gets in the mix with Isla and Alba.

The Pledge of Allegiance thing was stupid.

Rest of the show was good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soon as Roxanne made the challenge, I had a feeling she was taking it. not mad about it. Make the regular shows matter and all that. I did think the match itself was underwhelming and felt rushed. Happy that she's the champ, though. Not sure if the title change ties into Rose's release and it'll be interesting to see if Gigi/Jacey are rebranded without Mandy or how that is handled.

Scrypts got new gear and it's just as bad as his previous gear. His gimmick/look seem like they let one of the Make-A-Wish kids create a wrestler and then they made Reggie portray that kid's idea. On the plus side, JIRO! Back on TV and he fucking WON! Awesome. Figured Javi was taking it since he's getting focus. Scrpyts/Jiro in-ring should be good, though and I hope they realize what they've got in Jiro and he can move up from his jobber to the stars role.

Lyra seems pretty rad and I hope she gets in the mix with Isla and Alba.

The Pledge of Allegiance thing was stupid.

Rest of the show was good.
    You're practically Frosty the Snowman so it's very odd to read this kind of savagery toward kids on their deathbed..........

With that said yeah it was pretty much a given Roxanne was winning and I think that Rose getting released was no doubt the reasoning behind it. Maybe I'm overthinking it, WWE doesn't exactly let the women saver the MITB briefcase for more than a week so it's not too shocking she "cashed in" a few nights later.

This is the end of an era. At least we still have Cora Jade.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scrypts ability and allure goes out the window when you see how silly he looks.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're practically Frosty the Snowman so it's very odd to read this kind of savagery toward kids on their deathbed..........

With that said yeah it was pretty much a given Roxanne was winning and I think that Rose getting released was no doubt the reasoning behind it. Maybe I'm overthinking it, WWE doesn't exactly let the women saver the MITB briefcase for more than a week so it's not too shocking she "cashed in" a few nights later.

This is the end of an era. At least we still have Cora Jade.
    Yeah, 'cuz it's really the kids I'm shit-talking here... I legit get a tear in my eye whenever they show the MAW kiddos on WWE TV. I can't help it Scrypts seems like he came from the mind of an 8 year old.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, 'cuz it's really the kids I'm shit-talking here... I legit get a tear in my eye whenever they show the MAW kiddos on WWE TV. I can't help it Scrypts seems like he came from the mind of an 8 year old.
    Not just the mind of an 8 year old, but the mind of an 8 year old who's last wish was to make a wrestling costume get shitted on by a message board mod. You shed a tear for when some kid with cancer is standing there in some shit costume? It doesn't add up lol

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Scrypts ability and allure goes out the window when you see how silly he looks.
    I actually dig it and I think if I hadn't been so into CHIKARA I would hate it. This guy looks tame compared to the shit I saw there. The Ice Cream cone tag-team, The Colony, Hallowicked, Frigthmare, etc.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not just the mind of an 8 year old, but the mind of an 8 year old who's last wish was to make a wrestling costume get shitted on by a message board mod. You shed a tear for when some kid with cancer is standing there in some shit costume? It doesn't add up lol

I actually dig it and I think if I hadn't been so into CHIKARA I would hate it. This guy looks tame compared to the shit I saw there. The Ice Cream cone tag-team, The Colony, Hallowicked, Frigthmare, etc.
    Ok, if it makes you feel better, CHIKARA is exactly what I thought of when i first saw him. I don't mind him being masked/tasseled, etc., it's just that he looks so indy/low-buget. Hopefully the gear keeps evolving 'cuz I think with some more refining, he could look pretty rad. I think I said it when he debuted but just so we're clear, look/gimmick aside, I am legit really hyped to see Scrypts wrestle. With the Jiro attack making it pretty clear he's a villain, I'm hoping for a feud with Axiom.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the build matched the look if that makes any sense. I was expecting to see someone maybe in street clothes, big badass or a creepy looking Joe Gacy type. Also, if we hadn't already seen Reginald it would've helped. Like I said I dig it but I see the negatives. The look needs to be tightened up. Maybe he was responsible for how it looks and they wanted to see how we'd react before updating it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I was expecting a goth dude looking something like Mace pre-MMM or Raven when he was rocking the skirt. The look and gimmick just don't seem to jive for me. He's this serious dark edgelord but has this flashy flamboyant gear. The lucha vibe is fine but Axiom looks more serious/threatening. It just needs some tweaks. I had forgotten Reggie existed so it took me awhile to compute who he was but once he started moving, it clicked.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the build matched the look if that makes any sense. I was expecting to see someone maybe in street clothes, big badass or a creepy looking Joe Gacy type. Also, if we hadn't already seen Reginald it would've helped. Like I said I dig it but I see the negatives. The look needs to be tightened up. Maybe he was responsible for how it looks and they wanted to see how we'd react before updating it.
    With Scrypts look I wanted his hair cleaned up so it's less of the Reggie look, but I expected a cross between Dijak meets Neo. Instead he looks like a dude wearing a lampshade doing flips and shit. I hope he develops an identity crisis and starts experimenting with a different outfit every week. Kind of like Stevie Richards being other roster characters, except Scrypts would be a different CAW template every week.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks like a mascot outside a cell phone store.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of ugly gear, that singlet that Brutus Creed wears is atrocious. I think it's supposed to make him look like a gorilla or caveman but it just looks like he has a forest of pubes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Creed Brothers are so good. A little more time in NXT and I see them doing very well on the main roster.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also get a kick out of Javier and how delusional he is plus Mackenzie just straight calling him out on it. Sorta like the old Kayla/Heyman back-and-forth. Backstage interviewers showing personality rather than just there to hold the mic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also get a kick out of Javier and how delusional he is plus Mackenzie just straight calling him out on it. Sorta like the old Kayla/Heyman back-and-forth. Backstage interviewers showing personality rather than just there to hold the mic.
    Exactly. There's a reason Mean Gene is a legend. He wasn't just the guy holding the mic. Not everything needs to lead to a match and I think that's why we don't see that kind of interaction. Gene really was his own thing, nobody before or since like him. I would be interested in a wrestling company trying to create someone along those lines that might stir the shit when doing backstage stuff, not just someone there holding a mic.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hayes vs. Axiom was a banger, as expected. Though the gimmick seemed corny at first, Axiom has quickly become a favorite of mine thanks to killer in-ring work and developing the character. Always get excited for his matches now.

Lyons/Stark was a good taste of what they can do.

Tag title triple threat was good. That 'rana off the shoulders was nuts. Paxley remains unremarkable and seemingly has nothing but that flippy move.

I have no interest in seeing Crews remain in the title scene but I do have significant interest in Hayes stepping into it. I will say Crews' mic work once he and Hayes got into it here was probably some of his better stuff. No more smiley diner chat but actually getting serious was far more compelling.

Lopez/Hartwell was meh. Solo Indi ain't got it and Electra's got it from the personality side but still has a ways to go in ring. The finsih was good, I completely missed the knucks prior to the replay.

Good continuation of Dawn/Fyre through the night.

New Day/B&J was damn good. ND have brought big energy and top-notch match quality and B&J have come a long way to becoming pretty reliable for high match quality themselves. The stuff with Kiana is pretty decent for keeping things interesting, too.

Waller with the steel plate was pretty good. I was trying to figure out how they were going to end the show and didn't expect it, so well played.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only real gripe I have about Waller is his gear. The flipside is that he's not a big guy, muscle wise, so IDK if anything traditional would look better. Aside from that he's probably the only guy that I'd like to see take the title off Bron. Carmello Hayes is cool but he needs something other than being champion. We need to dive into his character more and get some depth going on.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see some people complain that JD is losing lately but I don't mind, not really a fan and someone's got to win and someone's got to lose. He can bounce back later. And they're trying to build up the Creeds for their Indus Sher match so they gotta look strong. Pretty excited for the tag match when it goes down.

Jade/Choo was good. Was surprised Choo won. Would like to see her momentum continue, though, as she always starts/stops, it seems.

Serious Jiro could be something. Match was ok but felt a little clunky maybe because Scrypts never really worked actual matches as Reggie? Also, he should look at Penta from AEW for gear improvement inspiration, they've got similar outfits in general but Penta's looks a million times better.

Not fully understanding Lyra's matches so far. Seems like the opponent's getting in a lot of offense and this one in particular, it was 2/3 Lash and then a quick barrage/finisher from Lyra at the end. Doesn't feel like it's fitting the warrior gimmick that she's struggling this much to win, especially when she's supposed to be the seasoned one in the match. But I like her.

Waller: "I'm in Australia and I am going to win the title in our match!"
    Breakker: *SMASHES THE TV*
    Dude, he didn't even say anything TV smashing-worthy. Calm your tits, champ.

I still don't like their promos but other than that, i love Schism now. Six-man got good and that suicide dive parade was fun and the finish sequence was great. They were really clicking as a group here.

Battle for the Bar should've been a ladder match with the deed hang up. As it was, pretty underwhelming. I expected more from Kiana after she stepped up at Deadline but it was pretty meh and Fallon winning is the least interesting outcome storyline-wise.

Gulak invitational was very similar to when Thatcher was around. Seemed like he was going a similar route with getting too rough as it went on. They really trust the fans know about Gulak beyond what we've seen on TV as your average fan probably forgot he existed and at best thinks he's a jobber.

I was tuning out a bit during the main event, honestly, not really the match's fault. i just knew Tony wasn't winning and I don't really dig him and knew Dijak was going to show up and it was all kind of obvious. I saw a few of the big spots and it all seemed fine.

Really excited for Isla/Alba next week.
    Last edited by mth; December 28th, 2022 at 1:13 PM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NXT main events have felt like they've lacked that spark to keep me around lately. The last time in about two months I saw the end of the show was last week with Waller & Breakker. I expected Perez would win the week prior with all the buildup throughout the show, but not at the expense of Rose being fired. Same with expecting Dijak to interfere last night in some capacity.

Good to see Jiro on TV. I feel they have something special with him, maybe it translates to the main roster, maybe not, but in the way Chase connects with the crowd, I see something similar here.

I don't give a shit about the Briggs & Jensen and what's-her-name tension going on there. There is a lot going on with their tag division, I feel like that is the strength of the show. Even without New Day they had many good teams.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bron’s had his time with the title. Nothing against him but the reign’s getting a bit meh now. I wouldn’t mind Waller or Melo (seems like they might be hinting at him this week) taking it off him then Bron gets called up.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having Bron fatigue myself. It doesn't feel like he's getting better, more like he is who he is. From first appearance on NXT to now? Yeah, improved but now a bit stale. I hope Waller wins and Bron shows up in the Rumble just so Waller can say he made Bron run to Smackdown or Raw.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    Having Bron fatigue myself. It doesn't feel like he's getting better, more like he is who he is. From first appearance on NXT to now? Yeah, improved but now a bit stale. I hope Waller wins and Bron shows up in the Rumble just so Waller can say he made Bron run to Smackdown or Raw.
    Waller would be a great chickenshit heel champ but with Melo saying he was going after the NXT title, seems to me they may be hinting him as Bron’s next challenger. Possibly for the NXT Mania show unless they do triple threat shenanigans.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Bron is ready for the main roster after Mania.

The only downside to him right now is simply we haven't seen him as anything but the man. He goes to the main roster I don't want to see him in the World title mix immediately, I want to see him climb the ranks. Get that US/IC title by the end of 2023. He's going to stand out. His look, his vocals, his in-ring style.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Bron heads to the main roster, can they please start using the Steiner name?

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here, would rather he be in the midcard and built up when he's moved up. Not put in handicap matches with a couple (or more) local nobodies. Physically, he doesn't really stand out from a lot of the main roster so building him that way would be dumb. Depending who the midcard champs are come Mania, if still Gunther that would be one I'd like to see on the main roster. Austin Theory needs the title more than putting Bron over to drop it. A lot can change between now and 2-4 months from now.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he doesn't lose to Waller, I think Hayes would make an excellent NXT champ. So maybe he beats Waller, drops it to Hayes at the Mania weekend show, then debuts on RAW the next night. And I think you have Theory, I assume still champ, do an open challenge after a successful Mania defense and then Bron debuts and wrecks him and wins the title straight out the gate.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only gripe with Hayes is that he's kind of bland. Trick is a nice addition because Hayes has no charisma and his wrestling isn't anything out of the ordinary by today's standards. I think right now he could be NXT champion but I don't know if I would care about a single feud he'd be in.

Honestly this would be the time for someone on the indies or a bigger international promotion to come in and win the title. If they could get that Hammerstein dude that would be my pick. With who they have now, Waller is someone who I think could do some good. Been a long time since we've had a heel NXT champion that didn't suck. I'm talking since the days of Kevin Owens.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only gripe with Hayes is that he's kind of bland. Trick is a nice addition because Hayes has no charisma and his wrestling isn't anything out of the ordinary by today's standards. I think right now he could be NXT champion but I don't know if I would care about a single feud he'd be in.

Honestly this would be the time for someone on the indies or a bigger international promotion to come in and win the title. If they could get that Hammerstein dude that would be my pick. With who they have now, Waller is someone who I think could do some good. Been a long time since we've had a heel NXT champion that didn't suck. I'm talking since the days of Kevin Owens.
    If Hammerstone came to WWE, that would be immensely awesome. I would cry happy tears for a month.
    Last edited by VHS; December 29th, 2022 at 6:10 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Googled "Hammerstein" 'cuz I don't know who you're talking about but only got Alexander Hammerstone and the Hammerstein Ballroom...I'm assuming you don't want a venue as NXT champ, so I assume you mean the guy...?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Godammit, Hammerstone, yes. Oopsy

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL the whole time I was thinking, that doesn't sound right but sounds like it could be right.

Yes, the guy. Although NXT should do some shows at the Hammerstein. Isn't that where Raw used to be held? 30th anniversary is coming up in January.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's time to move Breakker up, give him a few weeks then debut at the Rumble. I'm not sold on him dropping the title to Waller, nor Waller really doing anything significant as champion but you throw in a repackaged Commander Disease as his muscle and I think it works. He needs someone for backup and Indus Sher are a little tied up.

I like their surprise champions with New Day showing up, Perez getting the title, why not shake things up slightly? I think the shows are better when you have either a coward for a champ or someone surrounded by people.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    It's time to move Breakker up, give him a few weeks then debut at the Rumble. I'm not sold on him dropping the title to Waller, nor Waller really doing anything significant as champion but you throw in a repackaged Commander Disease as his muscle and I think it works. He needs someone for backup and Indus Sher are a little tied up.

I like their surprise champions with New Day showing up, Perez getting the title, why not shake things up slightly? I think the shows are better when you have either a coward for a champ or someone surrounded by people.
    Waller is the type of heel champion NXT that will stand out. He's not out there trying to get a 5 star match and wrestle for 30 minutes. Yeah you put a big guy with him or a badass in general as his "bodyguard" it will do even more for him. He doesn't look like a badass, he's not a muscular guy, so he needs something extra. A trademark weapon and/or some muscle is the way to go.

Bronn is ready and Rumble would be a good match to "introduce" him. I would still keep him in NXT until Mania. After Mania bring him in to the US/IC title picture.

Here's my question....Do we have 2 "Brauns" or does he just go by a different name? Maybe just his last name? If he went by just his last name he'd sound like an 80's action movie character.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree on the US/IC title picture. Right now it looks like setting up for Sheamus-Gunther or Braun-Gunther for Mania, or a triple threat possibly. I'd prefer seeing this scenario:

Theory and Gunther hold the midcard titles until Mania
    Theory issues an open challenge the Raw after the Rumble; goes through a number of lowecard people. Same deal like with Reigns and "I beat everybody, there's nobody left" and out comes Bron.

Theory drops the title at Mania, gets moved to Smackdown, can feud with Sheamus, RIcochet, some face holding that title.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hayes/Crews was a banger and one of Crews' better NXT matches. Honestly, his NXT Title match was probably one of his lesser bouts.

Axiom should get in the NA Title scene soon. Him and Lee could do something pretty wild, I bet.

Dijak's new gimmick isn't the best but at least it's something and more than he had going for him character-wise last time he was in NXT.

The GIRL FIGHT segment was corny and some of them were bumbling their lines a bit but I don't care, I marked otu and thoguht it was awesome. Hyped for the battle royal.

Fyre/Dawn went on too long backstage and the silly refs shouting at them sound so dumb in those types of segments. Should have just rung the bell and started the match backstage since it was Extreme Resolution and all. The in-ring part was good, they're continuing to do well selling their animosity. Shame that table didn't break no the senton but they improvised pretty quick with the Gory bomb, unless that was always the plan(?).

Love Javi outside the ring (Feliz Javi-dad is fucking brilliant) but he does nothing for me between the bells. Oro's alright but this match was nothing.

Gulak doing the Thatcher Lite thing is fine, I assume he'll eventually go full heel and get into with his own dude, Walker.

Gacy/Kofi was pretty good though I'd have liked seeing it look like Joe could win it more convincingly at some point.

Waller Effect was fine for what it was supposed to do. Don't think Waller's winning the title.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dijak's new gimmick isn't the best but at least it's something and more than he had going for him character-wise last time he was in NXT.
    Yeah, Dijak's new look just ain't it. His match was good, but he looks like a job guy from 2003. I think it would have been better if he's just gone back to his colorful self, but with a spin on it. This all black w/ a white D is not his final form.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe it's just me but Dijak looked a hell of a lot like Zack Ryder from the neck up last night. First time I noticed this.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, he's dyed his hair/beard darker, I think...? I just don't get the gimmick, he's going on about "hard justice" and whatnot but what the hell does that mean, justice for WHAT exactly? It's a bit like SCRYPTS where he's being dark and angsty but the motivations aren't clear at all...it's just these edgelord word salad promos and attacking folks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate to be negative about Dijack but he's one of those guys that remind me of like a Mark Jindrak. Someone who should've figured a way into a Mexican or Japanese wrestling promotion and stand out as the big athletic American wrestler. It's like watching someone you know could be a main eventer but the pieces never fall into place. Let's be honest....can anyone really think of anything he's done that stood out as much or beyond the Keith Lee matches? Or anything even in the same universe? I can't.

I also thought about how I can see the former Grizzled Young Vets getting the NXT tag titles under the Schism gimmick. GYV were kind of like a Euro FTR. But for some reason I never really cared for them. I'm a bigger fan of them now than I was a year ago.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took me about two months to realize GYV were off TV when they were. They're where they need to be now. Part of a group and less of a spotlight on them than being two dudes in a tag team on their own like they were.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't HATE the whole "we're a throwback" type gimmick but it just felt boring with them. Now I'm interested because while I'm not super high on Gacy, I like the other 3.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GYV were one of my least favorite things in NXT but now Schism is one of my favorites.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Massive heat (well more Gibson really) when it was a UK crowd “If you hate Gibson shoes off!” The heat and gimmick didn’t translate as well to the US audience though.