Page 206 of 229 FirstFirst ... 196202203204205206207208209210216 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,600 of 22880

Thread: The NXT Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KOR might be the angriest Canadian I've ever seen lol. Good fire by him and it's a good tease to have everyone but Cole come out to address him to start the show. The thought of a full-blown implosion but Strong holding true to the faction and just represents UE on his own made me chuckle. It feels like things really went to crap for UE when Cathy Kelly left NXT.

I was surprised Escobar cut his promo in the parking lot but I forgot he's pretty much the overseer of that dangerous hot spot. While Escobar's logic for bailing made sense, it seemed a bit out of place for him in the context of Kross. He hasn't really been ducking Kross so doing it now was a bit off. I do like how Regal nips things in the bud when he's put into a situation. Good way to raise the stakes and make sure we're getting a match by having the threat that Escobar will be stripped of his title if he doesn't compete. They've really done a lot of nothing in terms of building this match but it's clearly leading up to something substantial.

Gargano called Indi "my daughter" lol. Hilarious. I'm surprised the tag match went as long as it did but I guess it made sense because they wanted to give them proper timing due to the fact that a good chunk of it was a wash due to Gargano being a story for the other portion. Indi does have some pretty good flexibility for a woman her size. Still rough around the edges but she's got some promise.

"Hey! Internet Wrestling Community, it's me your favorite wrestler, Pat McAfee."
    Pretty interesting wrinkle that McAfee leaned into the convenient timing of the truth he's been trying to preach since he came into NXT. It's interesting because he's been gone since WarGames but promising that he's not completely out of the picture. Now that the NFL season is totally done, he's probably going to be a little more available to NXT. Looking forward to when he's back. I doubt they can do a double turn between him and Cole but that would be an interesting way to attempt it.

Like how Kushida is still going to be in the mix, as he should be, for the NA title. Nice to include Reed and Rust. The transition out of that scene clearly showed the have nots in that title picture though in the form of Scott and Ruff. That was a really smooth match between the two of them. Lean more into the heel turn for Scott and probably have another fun match between the two of them.

Nice to see that despite the Dusty Tournament being over, NXT rolled out two women's tag matches. Probably for the best that they went away from the Phoenix Senton as the finish for Team KC. Put way too much shine on just one performer and it wasn't clean lol. I knew it wasn't going to be much but it was still set on telling another story for the ladies and I'm totally fine with that. Kacy is going to get wrecked next week but I'm pretty intrigued to see how that match goes.

Burch and Lorcan are on notice. I'll be very surprised if MSK doesn't win the title in two weeks. I know Raquel had the benefit of some heels but she still would look imposing next to MSK lol. I thought it was interesting that Dakota and Raquel played more like faces in this element but it actually kind of worked. I really appreciated the callback to when Shayna and Dakota had their moment in NXT. Glad to see Dakota wasn't intimidated like she was in past. I thought everyone played their part well in that entire segment. Big night for NXT in two weeks for the tag title pictures. The stuff between MSK, Beth and the popcorn was perfectly timed.

Grimes works in small or large doses. Not missing a beat with busting up his own Lambo was hilarious. I'm curious to see how it's kept fresh. Either way, it feels like an act that's main-roster ready.

Kudos to the sticktoittiveness for that photographer. Your talent was getting ambushed and you were all about the shots! That story made sense though. Mercedes was just used in the story to eat the pin and allow Toni get in the spotlight some more to built to the eventual singles match between Io and Toni.

Kushida/Rust wasn't as good as the Takeover match with Gargano/Kushida but this was pretty good and I was anticipating that it would be. That was a pretty scary fall Kushida took from the top. Luckily it just looked bad and he kept going. Bivens took the MVP route with Lashley: protecting his investment. Bivens showing different layers to his character is a nice touch.

LA Knight is going to talk a lot lol. Who knows when he will actually get into the ring to wrestle but he's certainly going to establish himself verbally. We'll see how that takes.

I'm surprised Zoey Starks (fka Lacey Ryan) was the first from the new female signees to come back around after the Dusty Tournament. She totally came across as a damn tank with physicality. The division is just so damn deep that the hook for her is going to have to be incredibly compelling.

Smart for either opponent from Takeover, but smart of Bálor to be the first to really strike by going back to the injured body part from Sunday's match. That's a nice attention to detail there. The ref took a hell of a beating there at the end haha. Cole made it very clear that he's pissed at KOR but it remains to be seen as to why (probably just tired of KOR getting the spotlight). That spot on the steps was kind of tough to see but it was a nice touch to show Cole is willing to hurt himself a bit to take out KOR. He covered a lot of ground quickly, leaving the traditional route and then sneaking around from the opposite side to kick Bálor. Really interesting set of circumstances. Cole wants his title back, Dunne remains in the mix, KOR is losing allies and is pissed, and everyone wants a piece of Bálor.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Not surprised to hear they're working on something like this. NXT hasn't really been "developmental" for a long time now and with so much established talent signed there's less and less room to develop their own performance center graduates. I guess EVOLVE and the house shows were serving that purpose before and they can't do them at the moment.
    It actually makes even more sense when you consider how long they've been considering the option of broadcasting other promotions on their network. Makes sense they wouldn't be ready to make that dive without putting their brand over it. But if what this article says is true, it's cool that Triple H wants them to do their own thing.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course there's gonna be mic work in this UE implosion thing, so it's a shame that KOR and Roddy are so terrible on the mic. Pretty predictable promo segment where we get no answers and just set up the obvious main event.

Bummed that Kross/Escobar got pushed back. Weird that keeps happening for Escobar's promoted matches but I suppose it helps get him heat, I guess? Odd thing to do.

First women's tag match was solid. Enjoyed Johnny in the booth. Disappointed we didn't actually see Dexter tonight. Very surprise we didn't get a later interview with The Way after the happy reunion, seemed like the kind of thing were McKenzie would've been trying to get a word with them backstage ASAP.

Very solid match between Scott and Ruff and glad to see Ruff get a meaningful win. Scott's heel turn is well done, logically based on frustration and jealousy.

Dusty Cup celebration stuff was good. MSK's mic work was less cringey than previous efforts. Raquel/Dakota being confronted by the champs was a nice surprise and the mic exchange was very entertaining (as was the hilarious albeit silly popcorn shit from MSK/Beth). Had to laugh at the "hole" line from Raquel getting in there at the end. Glad to know when the title match is happening and pretty confidant/hopefully that the NXT ladies win it because there's tons of potential for the belts to actually shine on this brand.

The fact that Grimes already trashed his Lambo and wasn't fussed about just buying another one seems to be lending credence to my thought that he might be broke before we know it...

Team KC with a nice win. Very interested in Kacey/Xia next week.

Rust/Kushida was pretty decent. Rust needs to wear a mask or grow a beard or something. And thankfully Bivens is great and keeping me interested or I wouldn't give a damn about him otherwise.

Good talking from LA Knight. I kind of got some Rock vibes from him which is pretty damn impressive. No idea what the guy's like in the ring but he can gab pretty well from the two times I've seen him so far.

I like what I saw from Zoey Starks. Got me on board pretty quick. Women's division is so fucking stacked, I love it.

I gave no shits about the main event. Doesn't help that I am not particularly into anyone in it and the match really didn't matter as the important stuff was just going to be at the tail end, so I skipped ahead to the important stuff. Pretty much went exactly as expected with Cole finally appearing to fuck things up for the face side. That suplex onto the stairs was pretty gnarly. can't say as I'm too excited about Cole getting back into the title scene but at least he's back to being a heel so I'm supposed to be rooting against him again. Glad to see Dunne get a pin on the champ and stay in the title picture, as well. Hoping he takes the title off Balor while Cole and KOR's shit keeps either of them from getting it 'cuz they're too busy with each other.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck adam cole
    Last edited by mr sabu; February 18th, 2021 at 12:29 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit because a few fans in attendance noted that they saw something potentially scary that ended up just being an elaborate work.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 18th, 2021 at 2:09 AM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Kinda hard to explain but I think it’s stood out well enough so far but he still has room to grow. If he got called up at this stage, they probably wouldn’t know how to book it properly. I hope he stays where he is for the time being though.
    I think that's Dexter's issue. I've asked over and over for someone to explain the appeal and it's ultimately what you said, kinda hard to explain. See, if I was forced to accept Dexter on Raw or SD, I wouldn't get it and someone would have to explain to me what is working.

Personally, I think he would work better outside of NXT OR they would just have him doing the same shit. NXT is based in reality way more than Raw and SD, especially when you think about The Fiend and Bliss. They tried it in NXT with Dexter and Grimes and it was probably the worst shit in wrestling in 2020. So is he really working in NXT? I don't think so, I just think that he's on this particular show. I think that "it works for NXT" is a nice way of saying "He hasn't been fired, and he hasn't been put on any other shows despite being a 10 year veteran....so it must be working" lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I think that's Dexter's issue. I've asked over and over for someone to explain the appeal and it's ultimately what you said, kinda hard to explain. See, if I was forced to accept Dexter on Raw or SD, I wouldn't get it and someone would have to explain to me what is working.

Personally, I think he would work better outside of NXT OR they would just have him doing the same shit. NXT is based in reality way more than Raw and SD, especially when you think about The Fiend and Bliss. They tried it in NXT with Dexter and Grimes and it was probably the worst shit in wrestling in 2020. So is he really working in NXT? I don't think so, I just think that he's on this particular show. I think that "it works for NXT" is a nice way of saying "He hasn't been fired, and he hasn't been put on any other shows despite being a 10 year veteran....so it must be working" lol.
    The Dexter character is not hard to grasp. You either like him or you don't and you just don't, it's cool.

Personally, I like him, but I wouldn't really miss him if he were to leave. A character like his can really only go so far before it has to morph and adapt like Undertaker would do and it seems like NXT should really only use him sparingly because he tends to quickly outstay his welcome. His wrestling is fine, but overall he's unremarkable in the nitty gritty categories.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think Lumis should ever have lost matches. Especially not on TV. It would have helped build up the character as an unstoppable force that people are terrified of. When vanilla midget Adam Cole beats Dexter Lumis it's like eh he's not so tough

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really isn't that tricky to describe him and the potential appeal. Lumis is a creepy guy, who uses his own cartoon drawings to make up for his lack of talking. He initially started as a very methodical guy in the ring and then evolved in that sense by doing a lot of acrobatic stuff. Most of his natural reactions are pretty much set to be unsettling or something of the nature. I guess he was initially supposed to be a nightmare come to life. It did seem like while there was still an audience, he was a guy who was getting over with the crowd. I think it made it hard for him to be presented as a heel. He does things things like kidnapping or drugging people to then kidnap them lol. He just happened to do it a heel so it was flipped. I tend to agree with a lot of @VHS is saying in regards to exposure because he will need to evolve if he's used more frequently.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 18th, 2021 at 2:43 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I don't think Lumis should ever have lost matches. Especially not on TV. It would have helped build up the character as an unstoppable force that people are terrified of. When vanilla midget Adam Cole beats Dexter Lumis it's like eh he's not so tough
    What's tough about a painter who has a rapist's stare? Lol.

Dexter in NXT is basically a stripped down version of what he was doing as Sam Shaw in TNA. WWE took out all the stuff that wouldn't fly on their tv shows i.e. kidnapping and attempted rape of women lol. So they just let him keep the hair and stare and here we are.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Very surprise we didn't get a later interview with The Way after the happy reunion, seemed like the kind of thing were McKenzie would've been trying to get a word with them backstage ASAP.
    Turns out they DID do one exclusive to WWE.com. Theory thinks he went on vacation and got to watch cartoons and eat Fruit Loops. The rest of The Way are freaking out, convinced he's suppressing the truth and is in denial of what really happened.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very different to what happened with Strong.

Could’ve brought back Dr Kyle to help Austin if he wasn’t all serious and angry like plus the Era splitting and all lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    It really isn't that tricky to describe him and the potential appeal. Lumis is a creepy guy, who uses his own cartoon drawings to make up for his lack of talking. He initially started as a very methodical guy in the ring and then evolved in that sense by doing a lot of acrobatic stuff. Most of his natural reactions are pretty much set to be unsettling or something of the nature. I guess he was initially supposed to be a nightmare come to life. It did seem like while there was still an audience, he was a guy who was getting over with the crowd. I think it made it hard for him to be presented as a heel. He does things things like kidnapping or drugging people to then kidnap them lol. He just happened to do it a heel so it was flipped. I tend to agree with a lot of @VHS is saying in regards to exposure because he will need to evolve if he's used more frequently.
    It's weird that he was getting over kidnapping and drugging people, but when you think about some of the people that are into wrestling, like the guys who want to kidnap Alexa Bliss and Sonya Deville-I'm not shocked that he's appealing to some fucked up incel type of fans.

Let me be clear, I'm in no way saying everyone who is a fan of his wants to replicate what they see on tv. But it does make you wonder, if he wasn't getting over as a heel doing what he was doing and people were actually cheering him on..... @mth, stick to just painting bro lol I don't need to hear about you and your wife kidnapping people because you saw your favorite wrestler on tv doing it and you guys wind up like Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hasn't he just kidnapped Roderick Strong and Austin Theory? Both bad guys. It's not like he's out there kidnapping Bronson Reed or MSK.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasn't he just kidnapped Roderick Strong and Austin Theory? Both bad guys. It's not like he's out there kidnapping Bronson Reed or MSK.
    He was also getting over or drawing a reaction from the crowd that was noticeable before doing that stuff with them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I hope he kidnaps MSK and they get trapped in a painting. Pretty sure that was an episode on Tales from the Crypt or something.

He was also getting over or drawing a reaction from the crowd that was noticeable before doing that stuff with them.
    He drew a reaction from me. Why are you here Sam Shaw? Like I said, I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it's Sam Shaw without all the shit that would get him Hassan'd by USA. A watered down Sam Shaw who paints. Can't wait until Triple H takes over for Vince.........

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kidnapping and attempted rape of women
    Wait wahhht? They did that? Yuck.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Wait wahhht? They did that? Yuck.
    Christy Hemme angle. Super weird, we can't even blame Russo on that one lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is NXT UK to be discussed in this thread? I never heard of Heritage Cup before but I checked out NXT UK this week and really enjoyed the format of the match and A-Kid vs. Sha Samuels was pretty good.

I haven't watched the main event yet but the video packages building up to it are just fantastic.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is NXT UK to be discussed in this thread? I never heard of Heritage Cup before but I checked out NXT UK this week and really enjoyed the format of the match and A-Kid vs. Sha Samuels was pretty good.

I haven't watched the main event yet but the video packages building up to it are just fantastic.
    NXT UK thread:

https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?t=153161

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's Takeover Ratings:

Dakota and Raquel vs. Shotzi and Ember: 4.0
    Gargano vs. Kushida: 4.75
    MSK vs. GYV: 4.5
    Io vs. Toni vs. Mercedes: 3.75
    Bálor vs. Dunne: 4.5

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know GYV is not everyone's cup of tea around here but I like them and they deserve credit for that match too. Zack's got entire crowds to take their shoes off.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    GYV are pretty well liked aren't they? They're a real good heel team I'd say. Always enjoy their entrance as well.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you’re right and more people like them here than I thought.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you’re right and more people like them here than I thought.
    If people aren't into them it's probably buying too much into the heel shtick or that they might not be overly flashy. That said, they really showed out in the Takeover match.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kross vs. Escobar is now a No DQ match as per Regal and if Escobar no shows, he'll be stripped of his championship.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kross vs. Escobar is now a No DQ match as per Regal and if Escobar no shows, he'll be stripped of his championship.
    I wonder if this could be a way to bring in Devlin?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think this question deserves a thread but I wanted to throw something out there after watching the Sasha Banks-Steve Austin interview.

NXT would not be where it is today without the next evolution of women's wrestling starting down there. I really think during that early Network era of NXT where the 4 Horsewomen were starting to shine that they were the main draw. Just my opinion but that interview took me back just comparing what was going on at the time, I really like the women were the main draw.

I definitely think once people like Balor, KO, Zayn, and Nakamura coming in really helped as well but for me, the women=biggest reason.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Before the Network, was NXT on TV? I remember reading results but never actually watching it. Maybe local TV in Florida?

With NBC/Universal owning Peacock and USA Network, I wonder if shows like RAW and NXT will be able to be shown live on Peacock?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANNOUNCED FOR TOMORROW:

Adam Cole explains all.

Karrion Kross vs. Santos Escobar (No DQ, if Escobar doesn't show, he is stripped of the CW Title)

Non-Title Match
    Johnny Gargano vs. Dexter Lumis

Kacey Catanzaro vs. Xia Li

GYV vs. Maverick & Dain

Io Shirai vs. Zoey Stark (Non-Title)

----
    I don't really care about the stuff with Cole/UE but I am glad they're finally breaking up and it'd be great if they all got singles music so I don't have their damn song stuff in my head after every episode of NXT.

Apparently the previous match between Kross/Escobar was called off for a "medical reason", so hopefully it actually happens this week. Woudl suck if it doesn't and Escobar's CW Title reign ends with a whimper. Match has potential to be pretty decent though the dynamic is still an odd one.

Obviously I'm super geeked for Gargano/Lumis and seeing as Dex lost their previous non-title, I'm thinking he wins here and gets a title match in the near future. Will be curious to see how things continue with Theory post "vacation". Should be highly entertaining stuff.

Very intrigued about Kacy/Xia and the "purge". Curious if it'll just be a squash like Xia's other recent matches 'cuz if Kacey puts up a fight, it could be pretty rad. Suspect Kayden will also be involved there somewhere and likely also face Xia herself. Wonder if the spooky chair lady will do anything...

Meh to the tag team match but whatever, should be fine.

Damn, Stark getting a match with the champ right quick! Assume this is a vehicle for Storm/Io to continue more than anything but Stark will hopefully get a good showing but it'd be nuts if she gets in the title mix this fast into her run.
    Last edited by mth; February 23rd, 2021 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before the Network, was NXT on TV? I remember reading results but never actually watching it. Maybe local TV in Florida?

With NBC/Universal owning Peacock and USA Network, I wonder if shows like RAW and NXT will be able to be shown live on Peacock?
    If you're talking NXT as we know it now, no. It was on Daily Motion and I think Hulu before Hulu really popped off.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANNOUNCED FOR TOMORROW:

Adam Cole explains all.

Karrion Kross vs. Santos Escobar (No DQ, if Escobar doesn't show, he is stripped of the CW Title)

Non-Title Match
    Johnny Gargano vs. Dexter Lumis

Kacey Catanzaro vs. Xia Li

GYV vs. Maverick & Dain

----
    I don't really care about the stuff with Cole/UE but I am glad they're finally breaking up and it'd be great if they all got singles music so I don't have their damn song stuff in my head after every episode of NXT.

Apparently the previous match between Kross/Escobar was called off for a "medical reason", so hopefully it actually happens this week. Woudl suck if it doesn't and Escobar's CW Title reign ends with a whimper. Match has potential to be pretty decent though the dynamic is still an odd one.

Obviously I'm super geeked for Gargano/Lumis and seeing as Dex lost their previous non-title, I'm thinking he wins here and gets a title match in the near future. Will be curious to see how things continue with Theory post "vacation". Should be highly entertaining stuff.

Very intrigued about Kacy/Xia and the "purge". Curious if it'll just be a squash like Xia's other recent matches 'cuz if Kacey puts up a fight, it could be pretty rad. Suspect Kayden will also be involved there somewhere and likely also face Xia herself. Wonder if the spooky chair lady will do anything...

Meh to the tag team match but whatever, should be fine.
    I'm in love with these 2 women. These 2 and Peyton Royce are the future.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edited my above post, new match announced.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the hell is Zoey Stark? One thing you have to prop NXT for is the use of "enhancement talent".

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She debuted last week. Was in the first round of the Women's Dusty cup.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still trying to get my head round Santana Garrett disappearing for months then getting a Rumble spot, eliminated quickly and now seemingly disappearing again. What was the point?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still trying to get my head round Santana Garrett disappearing for months then getting a Rumble spot, eliminated quickly and now seemingly disappearing again. What was the point?
    Word was that was supposed to be Mia Yim's spot but she had Covid. Santata was a random choice to fill it, though.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word was that was supposed to be Mia Yim's spot but she had Covid. Santata was a random choice to fill it, though.
    With a deep as a women's roster as they have, it was like "really?" Even Aaliyah would've been more relevant.
    Last edited by Badger; February 24th, 2021 at 1:13 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With a deep as a women's roster as they have, it was like "really?" Even Aaliysh would've been more relevant.
    Santana Garrett is probably the most slept on woman on their roster. She looks amazing, she can work, she can cut promos.....But she's not used for shit it's so weird.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santana Garrett is probably the most slept on woman on their roster. She looks amazing, she can work, she can cut promos.....But she's not used for shit it's so weird.
    Tbh I forgot who she was and had to look her up to remind myself. She's only won one match against the aforementioned Aaliyah.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tbh I forgot who she was and had to look her up to remind myself. She's only won one match against the aforementioned Aaliyah.
    It's because Santana is actually good in the ring and not the worst.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The Rumble was only her second match since last May. She really was a strange inclusion.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's someone that is literally at the top of the list for me in terms of massively underused talent. Not just in NXT but overall. If I were the WWE, I'd be replacing Lacey Evans spot with Santana. Immediately.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rumble was only her second match since last May. She really was a strange inclusion.
    She had a few matches on tv this summer but it was strange to just slide her in and then do zero. Even if it was simply to fill in Mia Yim's spot....

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I read somewhere Santana was someone who had a soft callup, like Chelsea did, and obviously hadn't been utilized.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe I read somewhere Santana was someone who had a soft callup, like Chelsea did, and obviously hadn't been utilized.
    Hmm. Never heard that about Santana but you know how rumors go.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's someone that is literally at the top of the list for me in terms of massively underused talent. Not just in NXT but overall. If I were the WWE, I'd be replacing Lacey Evans spot with Santana. Immediately.
    If she got called up now, casual fans will probably be like wtf plus the NXT women’s roster is deep. I’m not saying she’s not good but Joe Bloggs wrestling fan doesn’t know her. Give her a good run in NXT first and a winning streak before calling her up.

On the subject of Lacey, she was no doubt headed for a big push and title run on the back of this Flair angle as she ticked all the boxes on what Vince likes. Too bad for her she got pregnant lol (joking there obviously).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, reported back in November.

From Fightful
    Yet another "phantom call up" has happened in WWE. Fightful has learned that Santana Garrett was "called up" to the WWE main roster this past summer, but never debuted. Garrett appeared on Raw, Main Event and NXT throughout the spring, before vanishing after May. She reappeared on the July 1 episode of NXT, but hasn't been seen on TV since. We've heard that there were several creative pitches involved with Santana Garrett, including being involved in a tag team, but the pitch never made it through in the end. Earlier this year, Chelsea Green was called up and not used until November, and Vanessa Borne was called up as far back as February and not used.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm off the Kross boat now. Dude's boring.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love that Santana’s work is known here! She’s held close to 30 championships in other promotions and was ranked no. 4 in 2015 in PWI women’s wrestler list. It just truly makes no sense to me at this point why she’s not being used more.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barrett sounded way too clean the first time I heard him, so it made sense he was doing remote commentary. Hope all is well with him.

Opening match was pretty good for what it was. Nice kip up from Lumis. Considering that seems to be a slippery part of the mat, with the decal, it looked cool. I do like how he's able to control his tempo with his actions and stay at that pace. It's probably really easy for him to speed up but keeping things slow really works for him. Sounds like Theory isn't the only one being caught in Lumis' web. This is NXT so this is a very notable and strong win for Lumis and likely adds more depth to what's going to become an incredibly deep pool of contenders for the championship. Already document the therapy segments as comedic gold.

Slow clap for the video package for MSK. Better late than never but that finally helped add layers to the guys. It's kind of been working backwards in terms of the rollout for them but it's all working. They're shaping up to be an incredibly formidable pairing in NXT.

Heck a gnarly beatdown, though brief, by Scott on Ruff. Simple segment though as they worked to get Scott and Rust over and then provide sympathy for the underdog. Good use of time.

“With enough money, you can humiliate anyone.” What a message for Grimes to take from The Million Dollar Man lol. Of course that played out hilariously as he couldn't be bothered to watch the rest of that classic video, thus missing the hook. I remember hearing they signed Anriel Howard, a former WNBA player, back in December and we finally saw her tonight. That was a good payoff to the segment with the final segment.

Bad timing for a rare productional issue on NXT for Zoey. Those first moments are critical to make an impression and she didn't get that promo. I'm sure it wasn't going to set the world ablaze, but it's an opportunity lost. Hopefully she knocks it out of the park the next time she gets to talk. The match with Io was a little jittery/sloppy in some spots (the pace may have been a little on the fast side) but it got in a nice groove after the commercial break. Stark certainly got a healthy amount of that match. Seemed like a Rust-like performance when he faced Ciampa. They must have rather high hopes for her. I do like that they waited for the Toni interaction after the match, allowing the match to finish cleanly. Should be a banger in two weeks.

That was easily the most back-and-forth match Xia has had since she returned. It made sense since Kacy was the opponent. My goodness, the leg bump looked gnarly. Xia dragging Kacy back up by her hair was a good touch too. Really good beatdown. I went into it intrigued to see how it would play out and I was pleased.

Nice video package hyping up the women's tag match. I'll be curious to see if they try to squeeze out two more defenses for Nia and Shayna on Friday and Monday. That would build some quick momentum for them and make it that more impactful if Dakota and Raquel are going to win.

GYV is just really damn good. Who gave Drake a microphone lol. Simple but effective match. Gets GYV right back to the top of the list as contenders. I don't think Wes Lee's broken hand is going to cause a delay for the tag title match but it's certainly going create more a deficit for them, which should make a compelling watch if it can be sold well. Still imagine we're getting MSK winning next week then running it back with GYV. Nice to see Dain is actually caring about Maverick lol. Good SAnitY callback, too.

It must have been in the midst of calling out multiple, multiple people but I don't remember Escobar calling out Kross via promo about not being a real champion because he had to relinquish the belt due to injury. That right there is enough ammunition to set Kross off. Just wish that could have been outlined a little more clearly in the weeks leading up to this. I didn't anticipate it starting as literally street fight but that was a nice touch. Fitting it happened in the hot zone of danger in NXT, between two dudes who thrive there. Help or not, it's wild and speaks incredibly highly of Escobar that the CW champion got so much on Kross. Great table spot with the Saito Suplex. Really enjoyable match. That's the kind of stuff from Kross that works, and Escobar had a star-making night. Escobar needs to be done with the CW title now and move on because he can hang with the heavies.

Cole is a such a prick. What a terrible, terrible human being. McAfee tried to tell everyone and no one would listen. I thought he was going to swerve that promo by saying he was sorry that he didn't do it sooner but this played out just as well. I thought he had mixes of Reigns now and Orton during his psychotic phase. Bálor moved Strong to the side awfully easily lol. Strong can be a really tough promo but I thought he held his end of the bargain rather well. He should have seen what was coming though. A legit crowd would have eaten all of that up, for sure. There are a lot of different ways they can go with this so I think they're setting things up nicely so far.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good show tonight.

Lumis/Gargano was loads of fun. The wrestling was solid but this was all about the characters involved and everyone was on point making this entertaining as hell. Love that Indi is now crushing on him too so The Way kids are both falling for Dex and their parents don't know how to handle it. BG's talking about the floor kip up but I was more impressed with that delayed vertical suplex where he was lowering/raising him back up a few times...damn, dawg. Big big win for Dexter and hopefully there's an NA Title match in his near future. This storyline is gold and is giving me life.

Holy shit that apron bump by Ruff! Scott's heel turn is really good.

Loved Grimes' basketball schtick throughout the night. Hilarious. Definitely seems like my prediction of him running out of money because he's an idiot is the route they're going. I'll call it now: this ends with him talking a load of shit to someone who is then about to beat his ass, so he goes to pay his way out of it and he pulls out empty pockets and proceeds to get the beatdown.

Shame Zoey's pre-match promo got bungled by the tech botch. She really got a lot of time to hang with the champ which seemed like a hell of an endorsement. Super stoked for Io/Toni in a couple weeks.

Nice little bout with Xia/Kacy before the nasty leg stomp ended it. I assume Kayden/Xia's in the next week or two. Will be curious to see what happens after she's dispatched the both of them...Women's Title shot, I hope.

I can't see Dakota/Raquel losing next week given everything that's going into the title match. First Women's Dusty Cup ain't happening to set up losers. This kind of hype doesn't set up losers. They're winning the belts and it's going to be wonderful.

Seems the seeds are being planted for Dain to potentially turn on Maverick. I completely forgot about him and Wolfe being in Sanity together.

Ok, Kross/Escobar was pretty fun. Didn't expect it to be as much of a hardcore/parking lot brawl as it was. Good stuff outside the arena with the truck and some good use of the CWC landscape inside. Saito through the table was real nasty. So, is Kross a full-on babyface now? 'Cuz this seemed like a babyface making match. Gotta be honest, though, coming out of it, I was just thinking, like BG above, that Escobar is above the level he's at and should be in the main event scene soon more than I was thinking anything about Kross. Dude still has yet to impress me other than a couple of nice suplexes. Scarlett always looks like she's just realized she shit herself.

Dead serious, I totally forgot Cole was coming out while I was watching the previous match. just figured that was the main evnet and end of the show until somewhere near the end. Shows how much I really care. I bought the angle they seemed to be taking at first and was like, "Oh no, there's gonna be some bullshit drama for a couple weeks before he really underlines that he's a bastard" but thankfully that happened in the same segment. Holy shit, Roddy's bad on the stick. I laughed far too many times throughout this whole thing. "WHAT IS HAPPENING?!?" had me cackling. Anyway, yeah, pleased that Cole wasn't going to be doing some prolonged fake-out and cemented things to end the show. So Cole/Roddy goes down first, Cole wins, then Kyle comes back and Cole/Kyle happens later and good ol' mth sleeps through the whole thing, heh. And I guess Balor's in there somewhere or something.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scarlett always looks like she's just realized she shit herself.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gargano stable is cringeworthy for me. I can only handle them for the takeover shows because of the good matches Gargano is capable of. Lumis does nothing for me.

I enjoy Kross, Balor, UE breakup, Pete Dunne, Xia Li, and Kai/Raquel tag team right now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    The Gargano stable is cringeworthy for me. I can only handle them for the takeover shows because of the good matches Gargano is capable of. Lumis does nothing for me.

I enjoy Kross, Balor, UE breakup, Pete Dunne, Xia Li, and Kai/Raquel tag team right now.
    That lack of acknowledging Bivens is sad.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see Dakota/Raquel losing next week given everything that's going into the title match. First Women's Dusty Cup ain't happening to set up losers. This kind of hype doesn't set up losers. They're winning the belts and it's going to be wonderful.
    I thought the same thing when Asuka won the first Women's Rumble. Then she lost clean to Charlotte lol. I was like, what the fuck? You have the first woman to win the Rumble and she loses?? The best part was that Charlotte then lost the belt a week or two later to the 5 star Omega prodigy Carmella.

So I would not be shocked at all if they lost. It would honestly be a smart move to have them win and use that as a way to get them on the other 2 shows.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Raquel manages to hoist Nia up that is going to be a sight though the story should come full circle with Dakota getting the pin on Shayna.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man alive, Meltzer really doesn't like Lumis.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    He didn't really like Goldust either, and he did okay.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does anyone really like Meltzer?

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does anyone really like Meltzer?
    The Young Bucks named a move after him.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Could have named it that to mock him.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could have named it that to mock him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Raquel manages to hoist Nia up that is going to be a sight though the story should come full circle with Dakota getting the pin on Shayna.
    Is Raquel actually strong or is she just tall? It's easy to toss around Io Shirai and Candace but have we seen any real feats of strength from Raquel? Sure, powerbombing Rhea Ripley looks impressive....But that's like saying Kevin Nash powerbombing Undertaker in 1996 is the same as Nash powerbombing 600lbs Giant in 1998.

Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    He didn't really like Goldust either, and he did okay.
    It just goes to show that just because Dave Meltzer doesn't like someone or does like someone it's not the end all be all.

But at least I can get down with his thoughts on Lumis. Sorry mth.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gonna need a better source than two 14 year olds.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Raquel actually strong or is she just tall? It's easy to toss around Io Shirai and Candace but have we seen any real feats of strength from Raquel? Sure, powerbombing Rhea Ripley looks impressive....But that's like saying Kevin Nash powerbombing Undertaker in 1996 is the same as Nash powerbombing 600lbs Giant in 1998.
    I was thinking more along the lines of a chokeslam, powerbomb would probably be a bit much.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking more along the lines of a chokeslam, powerbomb would probably be a bit much.
    I've never been impressed with Nia Jax's agility and that's why you rarely see people do any kind of power moves to her. It always looks terrible because she does zero to help lol. If we stick with a chokeslam, look at Undertaker. There are big men who can make it look good and then there are big men who look like they sandbag Taker and get 2" off the ground lol.

What would be impressive is Raquel hitting her finisher on Nia. That's in a perfect world but Nia Jax....Maybe in something less constrictive because her outfit I think plays a huge part in her lackluster mobility. Bigger talent take a huge risk trying to work with other big talent like they would with a smaller individual.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Wes Lee's broken hand is legit so no word on if the tag title match is actually happening tomorrow or not.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Big Tone can claim the runoft. Rumor has it this show is going to Tuesday.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, starting April 13th is the rumor.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TONIGHT:

WWE Women's Tag Team Championship Match
    Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Dakota Kai & Raquel Gonzalez

Non-Title Match
    Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch vs. Tomasso Ciampa & Timothy Thatcher

The Way go to therapy

----

Tonight's the night the Women's tag belts make the big move, I'm pretty confidant. Hyped.
    Don't really care about the other match though I'm sure it'll be a hard hitting affair.

Cannot wait for The Way's therapy session(s). Going to be tremendously entertaining, I'm sure.

Will update this post if anything else gets announced.
    Last edited by mth; March 3rd, 2021 at 12:23 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ratings are probably going to be really low with Shaq wrestling on the other channel. I am definitely intrigued with the women's tag titles.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ratings are probably going to be really low with Shaq wrestling on the other channel. I am definitely intrigued with the women's tag titles.
    If a Shaq match in 2021 is responsible for any type of spike in ratings, like a significant one to where people are questioning NXT's rating outcome....We need to burn this industry to the fucking ground and rebuild it in the proper image.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight is the night where the prophecy from back in October/November comes to life.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a Shaq match in 2021 is responsible for any type of spike in ratings, like a significant one to where people are questioning NXT's rating outcome....We need to burn this industry to the fucking ground and rebuild it in the proper image.
    I think AEW gets over a million viewers this week lol. I normally change channels between the two shows if I do watch but I am definitely tuning in to see what happens. I think some NBA fans who used to watch wrestling might turn in.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think AEW gets over a million viewers this week lol. I normally change channels between the two shows if I do watch but I am definitely tuning in to see what happens. I think some NBA fans who used to watch wrestling might turn in.
    This entire post is a serious problem lol. You're excited to see Shaq???? And I'll say this, obviously we'll get into a dog chasing it's tail argument but I don't think we're going to get more than a handful of NBA fans wanting to see old ass Shaq "wrestle" against people they've never heard of. NBA fans that used to watch wrestling are not going to be lured back in simply because my uncle Shaq Diesel is wrestling.

So yeah, like I said, if there are fans like you out there who are easily drawn in by something like this hey, I can't fault you. I mean I'm sure rap fans who used to watch wrestling helped bump up that AEW rating when Snoop Dogg was on the show. Plus you had the boxing fans tuning in to see Mike Tyson so you might have a point.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what WWE's issue is when they have the most downloaded artist on the planet on their show, who helped sell over 6 figures worth of merch within like a week, yet their ratings are still dropping.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shaq attack

shaq fu

can't wait

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what WWE's issue is when they have the most downloaded artist on the planet on their show, who helped sell over 6 figures worth of merch within like a week, yet their ratings are still dropping.
    It's so many things, so many little things that have built up over the years.

- Lazy booking, including 50/50 and the same finishes over and over again.
    - Bad writing and many times TOO much writing, an overall terrible watch.
    - Frantic camera work, accompanied by too many cuts between cameras.
    - Lack of new star power and relying on older wrestlers still.
    - Unconvincing promos, making everybody look and sound like the same person.
    - Not trusting wrestlers to be themselves.
    - Horrendously mediocre commentary most of the time.
    - Too much going on. 3 hours is still a lifetime to sit through. And then an hour. And then two more hours.
    - Roster is too big, making 80% of it look like jobbers.
    - Too many titles and too many meaningless title reigns.

It goes on and on and on. If I could narrow it down into once sentence it would be... an inconsistently overproduced chore that's so out of touch it's not worth your time and money. WWE's last chance to even pivet back to what it used to be is Vince leaving.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LA Knight will be appearing live on NXT tonight. Will be curious to see who he kicks up a feud with. I'm not familiar with the dude pre-NXT but his mic work so far has been pretty sturdy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    It's so many things, so many little things that have built up over the years.

- Lazy booking, including 50/50 and the same finishes over and over again.
    - Bad writing and many times TOO much writing, an overall terrible watch.
    - Frantic camera work, accompanied by too many cuts between cameras.
    - Lack of new star power and relying on older wrestlers still.
    - Unconvincing promos, making everybody look and sound like the same person.
    - Not trusting wrestlers to be themselves.
    - Horrendously mediocre commentary most of the time.
    - Too much going on. 3 hours is still a lifetime to sit through. And then an hour. And then two more hours.
    - Roster is too big, making 80% of it look like jobbers.
    - Too many titles and too many meaningless title reigns.

It goes on and on and on. If I could narrow it down into once sentence it would be... an inconsistently overproduced chore that's so out of touch it's not worth your time and money. WWE's last chance to even pivet back to what it used to be is Vince leaving.
    This always goes 50/50 for me. On one hand, I can't really say it would be better. I'm 39 and Vince has made every decision in wrestling since I was 4 years old. I don't really know of a non-Vince WWF that I can use as a comparison.

On the other hand, I think when I hear people-including myself-say "Vince leaving is what's best" it's more about just saying...well, it can't be any worse lol. I mean it can, we know that Vince is the best to ever do it and there are plenty of current examples that are just not even close to Vince's best days. Sure AEW or NJPW or whoever might be better NOW, but what about a year from now? 75 years....Global.

The list you provided, digging most of it. It's basically everything wrong with every single promotion in America at least. I think Jim Cornette said it best, something like the Nitro-Attitude Era basically did 30 years of wrestling in the span of 3-4 years. I think that there's very little room for originality but that's still not an excuse. It's been a painful year without fans, but it's been a painful 20 years overall imo. Too much reliance on WWE to carry the torch, not enough fans to keep pro wrestling mainstream. I blame Jeff Jarrett's 80 WCW title reigns.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LA Knight will be appearing live on NXT tonight. Will be curious to see who he kicks up a feud with. I'm not familiar with the dude pre-NXT but his mic work so far has been pretty sturdy.
    He was in a stable with Drew McIntyre in TNA. I hope that means something. He looks like Mr Kennedy and I fucking hated that guy. Not like "Hey good job heel!" No it was, this guy sucks put him in the "alumni" section.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last week provided a nod to SAnitY (which continued again as LA Knight was coming out) and this week presented one towards Ringkampf. I like that Imperium is being sprinkled into the programming and teasing that something is on the horizon for the group. It took an injury to MSK but it was good to see Ciampa/Thatcher back in the mix as they've been absent since their elimination from the Dusty Tournament. Good physicality to the match. Served a purpose for both teams and now you've got something cooking with Ciampa/Thatcher.

"I'm not here to be therapeed on. You therapy on him. You don't therapy on me." Heel Gargano has been an absolute gem. It was funny to mention the therapist talked in great detail with Lumis earlier and that he had nothing but terrible things to say about Theory and his "mediocre abdominal section." Then it was a funnier swerve to have it all be a ruse by Gargano. They were going to be solid skits once it was announced and they delivered. Keeping $100 for Chuck E. Cheese = Gargano is a great father.

Stone having PTSD with Shotzi and the tank was a funny touch. With so many women and so little time, the RSB could be an intriguing entity to clump some together and get them some more time on TV. The match between Ember and Aliyah really didn't do much for me. Aaliyah looked rusty in some spots and the match was paced slowly, it seems, to account for her.

Simple and efficient video package for the women's championship match next week. That seemed to put Toni over in a big way as Io said that Toni is her toughest challenge and that a win against her would establish her as the greatest champion in NXT history. While I think Io retains, a small part of me thinks we could actually see a title change there next week.

It's a shame the women's tag title match wasn't the main event, but the finish gave reason as to why it wasn't. Good formula to work with, with Dakota being the rag doll. The added layer was there with the history between Shayna and Dakota. It was jarring when it was Rhea and it was equally jarring to see Raquel so imposing against Shayna. What an unexpected turn of events with a screwjob by Pearce (who has no authority in NXT) to bring a main-roster official to get to the finish. The chase is officially on for Dakota/Raquel.

Regal's proclamations usually deliver, so a landscape-changing announcement next week is going to be very notable.

Swerve ain't happy, lol. His turn has evolved over several weeks and I like the hook on it. Not sure what his ceiling can ultimately be but Ruff is certainly a good fall guy to continue the process of pushing Swerve as a heel.

Nice overall presentation for Knight. He showed what he can do on the stick. Sounds like he's ready to put everyone on notice. He's clearly not of their ilk on the mic but he had shades of Flair, Rock, and Austin in his delivery style. It's just a matter of how fast they want to push him but he can talk his way to garnering more attention.

Great to Grimes got Josiah Williams' music as his new theme (and good for Josiah to get some shine). Good enough match between Reed and Grimes but it certainly seemed to be focused on having Knight come back and mess with Reed. Grimes and Reed are two guys you imagine NXT wants to push hard, so it made sense to see what we saw. Grimes gets the sleazy win which works for him and now we see Knight get his first feud in Reed. I could go either way with that being a Takeover match but it's certainly got potential to be a fun feud. With the mentions, they really need a payoff one time where DiBiase comes and interacts with Grimes.

Escobar and Ledgado got their heat back but I'm curious to see where they go with it.

Bálor forcefully pushed the buttons of Strong, which didn't seem necessary, but Strong acted accordingly to set up the main event. Strong's new theme seemed a little generic (per usual) but it didn't sound that bad. Another Bálor match, another where the match stayed inside the ring. It was technical proficient, which was expected between the two competitors. Fun counter into the stomp. All in all, the counters during the match were quite solid. Bálor has really delivered bangers since he moved to NXT.

Stacked show next week with both the NXT and NXT Women's championships are on the line and Regal's announcement.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't really care about the opening tag match but the tag division is pretty deep and solid in NXT so can't really complain.

Therapy segments absolutely delivered. Everything was so good. The bit about Dexter ragging on Theory to the doc had me rattled for a sec but the literal pay-off was a satisfying conclusion. Dex, The Way, and this storyline are my favorite thing going right now.

Ember/Aliyah was pretty clunky and meh but that Eclipse at the end was terrific.

Soon as the Women's Tag Title match wasn't the main event I knew the NXT girls weren't winning and that kind of took the wind out of my sails from the get go. The finish explained why and was interesting and made up for it in the fact that there's clearly going to be more to the story and a possible bigger, better stage for the title change to take place.

Heel Swerve is good. Nice promo.

Knight really reminds me of The Rock in his delivery (and the shades). Like I said earlier, I'm sold on his mic skills already but I'm really curious to see what he's like in the ring. Based on the promo, it sounds like he's going to keep it basic so hopefully he makes it interesting at the same time. Kicking something up with Reed is interesting as I'm a big Bronson fan. Grimes being a fuck-up Million Dollar Man wanna-be is good shit (Yes! Got the new theme!) and I was pleasantly surprised to see him get the win (and thanks to Knight).

Skipped through the main event 'cuz I didn't give a shit though I did watch the entrances to see if Roddy had solo music and stuff (which he did, which is good). Can't say as I'm particularly chuffed about Cole/Balor next week, either, but I'll probably watch it. I am, however, chuffed about the Women's Title match, interested in Xia/Kayden, and am curious what Regal's announcement will be.
    Last edited by mth; March 4th, 2021 at 1:03 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very good episode as per the usual but the Way segments as per the usual were my favourites. I was thinking they were going to have Dexter start speaking after the psychiatrist said he couldn’t stop talking but then when it was revealed Johnny set the whole thing up!

I think this may end eventually with Theory finally getting a clue and going face though. Or Johnny eventually get tired of his stupidity and kicks him out.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus hoping the women’s tag title rematch is at the next TakeOver.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feels like NXT has a bloated roster but they have no problem making seemingly insignificant people get decent airtime once in awhile. My favorite of the three.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Feels like NXT has a bloated roster but they have no problem making seemingly insignificant people get decent airtime once in awhile. My favorite of the three.
    That’s the beauty of the brand. Even unknowns like Leon Ruff get a title win. It has a real “anything can happen” vibe (which mostly happens in the parking lot!) that is lacking on the main roster somewhat.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    NXT has loads of hot midcard acts currently but it's let down by a less than compelling main event scene imo. And I'm not sure when and how that will change any time soon. Still the best overall wrestling show right now for my money.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Bloody love The Way so much. All 4 of them. Johnny though, so good.

I don't care about any of the UE stuff or Cole/Finn next week. Just blah. Yes, the match will be good I'm sure, but I'll still yawn.

Intrigued by Regal's bold claim on his announcement.

LA Knight kinda reminds me of Austin Aries.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The Regal announcement is bound to be about NXT: Evolve, surely?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT has loads of hot midcard acts currently but it's let down by a less than compelling main event scene imo. And I'm not sure when and how that will change any time soon. Still the best overall wrestling show right now for my money.
    Agree that the main event scene could use a bit of freshening up but at least the matches have not disappointed.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Regal announcement is bound to be about NXT: Evolve, surely?
    It's either:
    - That
    - Setting up another match with bigger implications between the two teams
    - Moving to Tuesday's and
    - That move culminating in the debut of NXT women's tag titles

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The show was alright. I just finished it. Women's tag title match.....you know the result of that match didn't truly piss me off until it was announced Nia and Shayna will have a rematch against Banks/Belair.....WHY!??!?!?!

I said this earlier....Just like with the first ever women's Rumble. Asuka won, and then lost clean at Mania. So I wasn't surprised when they lost because this is what happens I guess when Raw/SD bookers mix with NXT bookers.

I'm with Murphy about this whole situation with UE, Balor, etc. Right now NXT has a great roster but a lot of misplaced talent. I love Finn as champion but I feel like he's losing credible challengers. The reality is, imo, we're all wanting him v. Walter. They teased it a year ago and we haven't stopped thinking about it.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The show was alright. I just finished it. Women's tag title match.....you know the result of that match didn't truly piss me off until it was announced Nia and Shayna will have a rematch against Banks/Belair.....WHY!??!?!?!

I said this earlier....Just like with the first ever women's Rumble. Asuka won, and then lost clean at Mania. So I wasn't surprised when they lost because this is what happens I guess when Raw/SD bookers mix with NXT bookers.

I'm with Murphy about this whole situation with UE, Balor, etc. Right now NXT has a great roster but a lot of misplaced talent. I love Finn as champion but I feel like he's losing credible challengers. The reality is, imo, we're all wanting him v. Walter. They teased it a year ago and we haven't stopped thinking about it.
    Wasn’t aware Banks/Belair were getting a rematch but I’m with you...whyyyyy?????

Dakota/Raquel are far more deserving of a rematch after this week’s events and should win it. Prob gonna do the tired odd couple angle with Banks/Belair if they win those titles.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn’t aware Banks/Belair were getting a rematch but I’m with you...whyyyyy?????

Dakota/Raquel are far more deserving of a rematch after this week’s events and should win it. Prob gonna do the tired odd couple angle with Banks/Belair if they win those titles.
    I think this is when Banks turns heel.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Finn as champion but I feel like he's losing credible challengers. The reality is, imo, we're all wanting him v. Walter. They teased it a year ago and we haven't stopped thinking about it.
    Hopefully we will get this soon.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is when Banks turns heel.
    True point. They have been hinting at Sasha doing that lately tbf.

Just hope Dakota/Raquel are the ones to dethrone whenever it happens.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A initial report suggested that when you tried to deactivate your Network account, it labeled that you would be missing out on a Takeover on April 8 (which is a Thursday). A new report is suggesting this is potentially part of a plan to have a two-night Takeover, with the first night being on Wednesday.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 5th, 2021 at 4:25 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A initial report suggested that when you tried to deactivate your Network account, it labeled that you would be missing out on a Takeover on April 8 (which is a Thursday). A new report is suggesting this potentially part of a plan to have a two-night Takeover, with the first night being on Wednesday.
    A two night Takeover would be fucking doss!!! (sorry slipped into Scottishness there)....I mean brilliant!

I’d be more than happy to spread seven hours over two nights so everyone gets their moment.