Results 20,801 to 20,900 of 22880

Thread: The NXT Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun tidbit:
    The episode on November 25 of last year had the main event of KOR and Dunne in the ladder match to determine who had the advantage at WarGames. That ultimately saw Dunne win and a man in Pat McAfee's silver mask show up but they left it where the guy didn't take off the mask. The reason that was done was due to the fact that McAfee was unable to make it to Orlando for the taping. McAfee was flying down but the plane's landing gear was malfunctioning and they had to turn around and have an emergency landing.

McAfee was ticked because he couldn't be there and when he saw the guy who was his fill-in flub the jump off the floor onto the apron.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn good episode tonight.

Scott/Ruff delivered the good as I expected. Like I've said before, I could watch these two fight forever and I'm hoping that this isn't the end for them 'cuz I'd really love to see them in an Iron Man match or something. Lots of dope innovative spots here, the reverse rana off the apron being a standout and the crucifix bomb off the top was also pretty rad. I had been telling the wife about the folks being in Scott's studio during his vignettes, we've been watching Most Wanted Treasures and I mentioned AJ was on eof them, so interesting to see that's become his on-screen posse here. Will be interesting to see if they're an official stable going forward and if this is the end of Ruff/Scott or if Ruff finds some allies.

Hale looked pretty good against Grimes, good little match fro what it was. Grimes stuff later with the club and DiBiase was pretty amusing. Still curious where this goes, if anywhere.

I'm really digging Franky's deal so far where she's going around just rubbing everyone the wrong way and building up her reputation/character and interacting with the whole damn division.

Thatcher/Ciampa are great. GYV are not my cup of tea but they can go obviously. Good match. Funny stuff with Barrett's shoe considering the whole thing with Gibson and taking your shoe off (though I don't entirely get it 'cuz I think i missed it the first time around). I really hope we get Thatcher/Ciampa against MSK down the road 'cuz I think the style clash would make for a very interesting match.

Kross/KOR/Dunne/Balor exchange was decent enough. Kyle still looked like a hipster doofus but at least he didn't stick it up on the mic. Certainly more interested in these four having a title feud/match than if it were just KOR going after Kross.

Sarray/Zayda wasn't much but it was decent. Sarray's dropkicks are great and that one when the opponent's in the ropes is my new favorite move, it's ridiculous.

Haven't seen Atlas in a minute, good short match with a nice somewhat out of nowhere finish. I'm becoming a LA Knight fan.

Very much looking forward to Kushida/Escobar 2/3 Falls. Like I said, Legado with all the gold looked good last week but I'm not sure I see them winning the tag belts.

Raquel/Mercedes interview wasn't bad but it seemed to fizzle out and end a little flat. i guess I've been trained to expect intense women's promos to end with someone calling the other person a bitch, heh.

Damn, main event got bonkers. Loved the cosplay from the champs. Some crazy big spots here, this and the opening match both felt like they could've been potential TakeOver level bouts. A good number of the big spots seemed like they hit just a little off which only made them seem more brutal rather than less. Was kind of expecting Lumis to show up to either help Indi or inadvertently cost her but it was better that he didn't muddy things up and just let it play out and leave him to the backstage stuff he was involved with (poor guy). Honestly wasn't expecting The Way to win and it's interesting that it happened with Theory and Papa John not there to see and celebrate. Very happy for them. About friggin' time Candice got her a title, well deserved, and Indi's really come along.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Seems incredibly low. What else was on yesterday?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

Seems incredibly low. What else was on yesterday?
    yikes

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those don't get posted until after 4 pm EST so I'm curious where they came from.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another strong show, and like mth said Indi is really growing on me. From the first time I saw her on her own she just felt like a jobber, but really fits in well with The Way. What a difference going from the shitshow that Raw is to NXT the following night. At times the roster feels bloated enough they could probably pull off another two hour NXT during the week with everyone else not used.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Another strong show, and like mth said Indi is really growing on me. From the first time I saw her on her own she just felt like a jobber, but really fits in well with The Way. What a difference going from the shitshow that Raw is to NXT the following night. At times the roster feels bloated enough they could probably pull off another two hour NXT during the week with everyone else not used.
    That's what made NXT good at its peak: it didn't have to rely on the same people every week and those people could show up, miss an episode or two and then pick right back up.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Those don't get posted until after 4 pm EST so I'm curious where they came from.
    So ratings are in now and they're 761,000 so up from the previous week.

I apologize for posting incorrect ratings. Dirt Sheet Radio posted them on Facebook and they usually use pwinsider, fightful, and the observer as sources.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good episode of NXT. I sat there watching the main event thinking ok, when is Candice going to finally win a title? Boom. Not a big big fan of the fact we're already on our 3rd set of champions in less than 2 months but hey, a lot of fans wanted the MNW era so welcome to frequent title changes. Just a great match from start to finish.

If you're not a fan of Swerve Scott I feel bad for you son.

I keep thinking Zayda was Kayden Carter with a gimmick change. Sarray is fuckin brutal with the t-bone tazplex.

SHOCKED the GYV did the job. I'm still not feeling the Timothy-Thomaso tag-team. We had some nice progression with the Kushida/Santos feud and it looks like his boys are about to mix it up even more with MSK.

All in all, really good show. I actually liked this more than I liked Raw and Dynamite.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So ratings are in now and they're 761,000 so up from the previous week.

I expect the ratings to get even higher after that main event once people hear about and see how off the wall they went with it. Shotzi Blackheart looks like money. I'm actually afraid if they bring her to the quagmire of either of the main shows. I've always heard the name of Candice Larae, and every time I see a match with her, it's good stuff. And she employs brass knucks, so that's another point in he favor with me. Indi's springboard off the top rope leading to a Macho Man elbow through a table should be used on all the promos for everything. And Ember sold it like death, which she should have. Doubly impressed considering the beating she took in the match from the table and from Shotzi jumping on her from the scaffold.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Can't imagine many falls count anywhere matches have the pin in the ring.

Or am I being daft?

The atmosphere for NXT is so much better than Raw or Smackdown because of the few fans being in. Any logical reason why this isn't done for the main roster shows? Is it just Vince and the masks or is it something else? Can't see why the location would be a problem.

I may be having a major brain melt here...

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Can't imagine many falls count anywhere matches have the pin in the ring.

Or am I being daft?

The atmosphere for NXT is so much better than Raw or Smackdown because of the few fans being in. Any logical reason why this isn't done for the main roster shows? Is it just Vince and the masks or is it something else? Can't see why the location would be a problem.

I may be having a major brain melt here...
    Best guess is besides the restrictions is that they probably think they can make more money on the main shows to have fans tune in online in the bigger Thunderdome rather than squeezing in a few fans like they do in the smaller performance centre.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure they've been asked and answered but I'm too tired to search.

I think it's weird. They have enough room to put actual fans in the Thunderdome as well. Maybe it's just not enough to warrant the possibility of something going wrong lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Next Takeover will air on June 13, and it will be their second annual In Your House Takeover.

That means there are 5 episodes to build to Takeover.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Next Takeover will air on June 13, and it will be their second annual In Your House Takeover.

That means there are 5 episodes to build to Takeover.
    That means there are 5 episodes LEFT to build to Takeover. It's not like they haven't been building to the next ppv and have been coasting since Mania....

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT is finding its groove again.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rarely get the chance to watch much of NXT, and I didn't see the whole show, but I loved that main event.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No InDex this week. 0/10 Would not recommend.

Fore reals, though, damn fine show this week. NXT really does well to have matches that feel like they could be on TakeOver every couple of weeks and hype this for the next show or two week soff that keep you hooked.

Theory/Kross was decent enough. Surprised to see Theory get so much offense. Kross' forearms to the back of the neck when Theory was down looked weak AF. For a guy meant to be a striker, his strikes aren't that good.

MSK/Breezango was a very fun time. The ref getting in the mix was hilariously unexpected.

I fucking love Ruff, i know I say it a lot, but the dude has that old babyface X-Pac-esque Big Heart Syndrome thing going on, dude keeps getting his ass beat and coming back for more. it's infectious. Good stuff against Dunne.

Gonzalez/Martinez was pretty good. Definitely were a coulpe of off bits where they got a little clunky, particularly as BG mentioned, when Raquel was on a knee and Mercedes was going for something big it seemed and then just whiffled. as for a good spot, I really liked the spear on the apron. But overall, good stuff and did well to further Mercedes' face turn. Have to admit, though, that she could use some significant wins at some point of it feels a bit like she's got all this experience/hype that doesn't ever amount to much.

Ok, yup, Hit Row is dope. Great introduction to the group with everyone getting their little intro promos. I like it, lots of potential here. Gotta admit, similar to how I feel about Escobar, I think Scott's got main event potential and the crew definitely could help give him that boost.

Grimes is always entertaining but I feel like these skits with DiBiase are getting a little repetative and meadering. I guess Grimes did sort of challenge him to a fight this week, so maybe it'll get to that actually happening soon with Ted choosing a rep or something to take on Grimes for some sort of stakes at TakeOver.

Skipped KOR/Lorcan. Nice to see Fish back, though, seems like they won't really be wrapping up any UE loose ends quite yet and honestly, I'm actually pretty curious to see more of him if they're going to develop him as a solo act, as well.

Main event delivered. The ad break fakeout BG mentioned above was really pretty rad. Match played out perfectly for the stip and both guys killed it, as expected. That move Kushida won the final fall with is super rad and one of my favorites in his set. I'd really like to see Escobar move on to one of the other titles soon 'cuz the dude is money.
    Last edited by mth; May 12th, 2021 at 12:31 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm into Hit Row a lot.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that ref that did the leapfrog an actual ref or a plant? Pretty unexpected for him to get involved.

He's possibly reffed before but never noticed lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Is that ref that did the leapfrog an actual ref or a plant? Pretty unexpected for him to get involved.

He's possibly reffed before but never noticed lol.
    He's an actual ref.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's an actual ref.
    That makes it better as NXT have done something completely different and entertaining rather than the ref just taking a bump. With more entertaining shit like that happens on the main roster.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT is fire but they still have one glaring issue and that's the North American title picture. Am I the only one not really feeling the continuation of Gargano v. Reed?
    @mth Remember how I wasn't a fan of Cameron Grimes? Add me to the list of fans lol. This Million $ Man stuff is fucking great. Homeboy comes in "I'M CAMERON GRIMES!" and boom, Million $ Man schools him on how to be a baller.

Still not a big fan of MSK. The GYV should have won the DRC but NXT has had a lot of heel tag-teams as champs over the years so maybe they wanted something different.....

The Hit Row====MOTHERFUCKIN MONEY. Swerve took a minute to win me over and I just kept seeing all the potential. I really hope this group pans out as everyone seems to have a role and could go on to bigger things.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to make a point to watch this more. I don't know the background stories behind ANY of the Hit Row, but I am intrigued. They will get me to watch more.

Seeing the Million Dollar Man on TV again is money. Most of today's talent wasn't born when he was getting crowds to hate him for knocking a basketball out of a little kid's hand, so I am glad he has a chance to teach them a few tricks.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I have to make a point to watch this more. I don't know the background stories behind ANY of the Hit Row, but I am intrigued. They will get me to watch more.

Seeing the Million Dollar Man on TV again is money. Most of today's talent wasn't born when he was getting crowds to hate him for knocking a basketball out of a little kid's hand, so I am glad he has a chance to teach them a few tricks.
    Grimes actually tried to do that bit a while back at the start of this tease and subsequently botched it because "he didn't watch the rest of the clip".

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aside from Swerve there isn't much to go off of right now with the other 3 members. Shit even Swerve's history beyond "good prospect" hasn't really been fleshed out.

Very true about the fact that a lot of these wrestlers weren't even born when Ted was at his peak! Hopefully that's just a gateway for the younger fans to go back and find out why this guy is so important.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continued notable absences from Io Shirai, Tian Sha, and Tyler Rust...but still a lot going on, otherwise.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 18th, 2021 at 11:22 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say this, notable but not empty slots. Io is away, but we're getting 2-3 new women in the mix. Tyler Rust....I'll be honest, I just looked up his win/loss record thinking maybe he was on 205 or some shit....That dude has not won very many matches, at least those that are on profightdb. Just in general, he's only had a few matches in WWE but prior to that he was doing the job way more than I expected.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tyler Rust isn't missed. Malcolm Bivens is, though. Tian Sha, as well, but at least they had a couple of video things here and there.

Anyway, damn good show tonight.

First of all #INDEX IS BACK ON BABY. I'm riding the rollercoaster and popped hard when Indi found out the truth. Fun way to reveal it, now it seems like she's going to have to try to make the next move to apologize to Dex.

Stark/Storm was pretty good. Loved Storms outfit. I feel like if Stark is lacking one thing, it's superstar gear, she still looks low budget attire-wise. Storm's new finisher was dope as hell (I'd thought it finished more like a DDT than a bomb). Loved Monet interrupting the moment as she's been butting into everyone's spotlight so far, very eager to see her debut next week.

Have to admit, I'm not particularly hyped for Balor/Kross II personally, but that was a very good Prime Target that did move the needle a little for me. I'm sure it'll be pretty decent.

The Grimes/DiBiase stuff has been pretty predictable every step of the way, the only thing that isn't predictable is where it's going. Still not sure what the ultimate payoff is going to be. Payoff. Money. I dunno, was that a pun?

Dunne interview was interesting as it seemed less in character than Cole's and more genuine/unscripted. Not a whole hell of a lot new said, though, but I dig that these are becoming a regular feature it seems.

Wolfe/Dain wasn't much to talk about outside of Wolfe getting booted from Imperium post match. Will be curious where things go from here with him.

Legado/Ciampa&Thatcher was really good. I'm really coming around to the Ciampa/Thatcher team. Props to Raul for working damn near the whole match with a busted nose. Some great physical stuff. Happy Legado got the win as they can kill it with MSK and I wouldn't be mad if they won the belts (though I don't think they will).

Whaddayaknow, Bobby Fish can actually talk pretty well. I just figured with how shit on the mic KOR and Strong are, that Fish must be too since Cole always did most of the talking. But he actually souned genuine in his delivery. Will be curious to see if he develops a character going forward. I'm starting to think Fish might be the UE guy I get into post-UE. Also, I might think he's a hunk...?

Sarray/Aliyah was fine but wasn't much to talk about. Was kind of hoping Stone would get in there protesting and Sarray would toss his ass, as well, but no dice.

Loving Hit Row. Popped for @Donald's boy Nese making a rare appearance. Some nice stuff from Adonis/Top Dolla. Definitely a stable I could see looking good with some belts down the line.

Very cool that Reed's title match is 14 years exactly from his first match. Steel Cage match was very good stuff with some good antics from Theory trying to help and some nice big spots. Particularly liked that sunset powerbomb from Gargano and the top rope powerbomb from Reed. The Tsunami off the ropes followed by shutting the door and delivering a second Tsunami was a statement way to win fro Reed. Very happy for the guy and loved seeing the sincere emotion coming out of him afterward.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A very good main event as Takeover is getting closer.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 26th, 2021 at 12:00 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening tag match was real good. Seems like Ember and Shotzi bust out new offense every other match and Ember has a completely different moveset than she did on the main roster. She's really reinveted herself. Big win for them and it does seem like Ember might be getting set up as Raquel's next challenger and I am here for it.

Fish/Dunne was decent enough. Post-match attack from Lorcan was good, liked the bit where he was standing on the arm on the apron. Dunne's due for that title shot and honestly, should be NXT Champ sooner than later.

Mecedes/Zayda was ok but the post-match stuff with Tian Sha has me really hyped. Haven't really seen them in quite some time and Xia mixing it up with a badass vet like Martinez should be damn good.

Welp, Grimes is officially babyface, folks. The turn was handled quite nicely, too, with the genuine exchange with DiBiase (that even elicited an "Awwww!" from the crowd like a goddamn sitcom!), Knight out assholing the both of them and dropping Grimey (who took that snapmare driver like a friggin' champ), and DiBiase siding with the bastard, too. Really good stuff and I am fully on board with a Grimes/Knight feud. Both dudes are excellent on the mic and great in the ring. If the Million Dollar Title comes into the mix, this could be fun as hell.

Brilliant stuff with Indi/Dexter this week. HIS POOR HEART!

Hell yeah, Franky Monet. Loving her so far. Her character is great, her dog is great, her look is great, his gear is great, and she wrestled pretty well, too. I'm sold.

Happy to see Escobar step up to Reed. Was ready for him to move onward and upward from the CW scene and the matches should be damn good. Probably too soon for Reed to lose it but I'd love to see Escobar win it. Had to chuckle at the shot at Canada.

Wasn't particularly invested in Balor/Kross but it seemed like it was good enough. Some nasty suplexes/landings in there. Reckon Balor might be heading back to RAW/SD in the near future unless he's gonna bring back the Demon to get it done against Kross...?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping they wait for the fans to be in attendance for Balor's return to the main brand. I'm thinking Smackdown could use him more with Bryan leaving Smackdown. Will he challenge Reigns in time for Summerslam and make it a 5 year story in the making where he wins back the universal title that he won for the first time?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Hoping they wait for the fans to be in attendance for Balor's return to the main brand. I'm thinking Smackdown could use him more with Bryan leaving Smackdown. Will he challenge Reigns in time for Summerslam and make it a 5 year story in the making where he wins back the universal title that he won for the first time?
    Sadly for his sake, it feels like Raw needs him much, much more. He'd do much better on SD, but Raw literally needs that guy.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was curious that they mentioned Reigns was watching a couple of times in the build...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A disappointing finish to a big match, but the show was quite bonkers.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; June 1st, 2021 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The opening triple threat was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Had a good bit of the trope where one dude is on the outside and while I appreciated the creativity of some of the spots, some felt a bit contrived and silly. But there was some pretty good stuff in there, as well. Didn't even think of Cole showing up so that was a decent surprise.

Ember barrelling out immediate afterward was nice and it was kind of amusing we got back to back surprise attacks.

Atlas vs. Knight was decent but felt like it was about twice as long as it needed to be. Once Ted and Grimes were both out there, they could have wrapped it up quicker. Nice to see Atlas get a win (and on the first day of Pride month, baby!). Would be nice if Grimes and Knight had the Million Dollar Title on the line at IYH but maybe a stip comes along later 'cuz it's not really clear what the "Million Dollar Legacy" they're fighting over is supposed to be. Oh, and poor Ted really seems to be struggling with his interview/promos.

I have to admit, I actually really liked the Cole/Kross confrontation. I thought the mic work and the reality of it and personal shots and stuff was really good. Kross actually impressed when he wasn't just spouting apocalyptic bullshit (Taker had the same problem, good mic skills hampered by too much gimmicked dialogue). I got a little hyped. Not mad about the 5 way for IYH.

Dude, hell of a callback for Xia to cite the MYC from 4 fucking years ago! Nice. NXT's pretty damn good at remember stuff and using it.

SAD DEXTER IS SAD.

Was eager to see Hayes in action 'cuz I've heard a bit of buzz but honestly, didn't really see anything that made him stand out. He was fine but he seemed like a fairly standard solid cruiserweight. Match was decent but I was expecting more.

Not much to the Women's tag team match. Surprised Zoey barely did anything. Agree with BG that it's odd Toni wasn't mentioned and we haven't seen her since she debuted that new move and seemed to be getting back no track. Was a little surprised we didn't see sad Dexter appear but the InDex saga is a slow burner (not a complaint, just an observation).

Tag Title match was good. Reed splashing Escobar into the wall looked great although Escobar didn't sell it all that well afterward. Would be pretty rad if the obvious six-man at IYH was Winner Takes All, although I can't see the heels getting ti done unfortunately even though I really want to see Legado with all the gold.

Very good episode overall. It seems to me like NXT generally has a lot of what people seem to miss from the Attitude Era (I don't mean the stuff that made it TV-MA).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right before NXT started some shit was circulating about how it was going to be this epic episode and be watching for a shocking surprise, Adam f'n Cole.....

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and there's no way they were planting seeds for Candice LeRae versus Poppy, were they?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Oh and there's no way they were planting seeds for Candice LeRae versus Poppy, were they?
    It's possible but I'm not exactly banking on it. If I'd put a percentage of likelihood of that happening, I'd probably put it at 30 percent. While there's an opening or opportunity there, I just think there's too many ripples that come into play that I think are counterproductive to what likely needs to play out within the women's division.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    She has said in the past that she would like to give it a go. She does BJJ (or one of the martial arts anyway) so should be alright doing a few spots etc.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm here for it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's possible but I'm not exactly banking on it. If I'd put a percentage of likelihood of that happening, I'd probably put it at 30 percent. While there's an opening or opportunity there, I just think there's too many ripples that come into play that I think are counterproductive to what likely needs to play out within the women's division.
    If Poppy were to be involved I would've had her manage Ember and Shotzi for that hardcore match or something.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went ahead and watched the Cole/Kross segment again. That was pretty good stuff, all in all. Cole's promos have really gotten better, though he was already good there, since UE broke up. They tried the tweener/face stuff when UE was going up against The Kings but that wasn't taking, but the crowd was certainly interested in him last night. It kind of spoke to an underlying problem in the sense that it appears Kross isn't exactly being taken in full by the audience that is present like I'm guessing the guys in the back are hoping. I thought he sounded much better here but the audience was just more interested in Cole.

I highly, highly doubt they're going to take the championship off Kross at Takeover but if he does lose, I can see Cole being the guy to so. If he does, I can see Kross moving up to one brand while Bálor moves to the other one. If he does lose, I can very easily see it where KOR has him on the rope but Cole steals the pin and maybe just pins KOR so Kross loses the gold but is protected on the way out. Based on that, you've got your summer program (rehashed) and The Way can break off with Dunne and Lorcan.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    If Poppy were to be involved I would've had her manage Ember and Shotzi for that hardcore match or something.
    She has the link with Io of course so that could always happen (probably will actually).

Pretty sure it would only be a one off thing, she has an album out soon and will be touring again. Hopefully anyway...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crazy how time flew by but this set us on our way to Takeover: In Your House this weekend.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Theory vs. Lorcan was pretty good. Theory busted out some rad new moves like that dope modified Spanish fly. Dude's been impressing me as a character and in-ring and has really turned me around on him.

The overplaying of Reed's splattering of Escobar was a bit much and felt like something they'd do on RAW/SD (just short of some shitty Photoshop jokes) but everything served its purpose setting up the Winner Takes All six-man that was clearly coming for the past couple of weeks. I'm stoked for the match, should be killer.

Gotta Admit that Dain generally doesn't do much for me but the match with Scott was pretty good mainly because Hit Row are awesome and Scott's so friggin' good. Some rad evasions and moves in there.

Mercedes got to look like a badass getting attacked and then squashing that poor no namer. I'm pretty hyped for their match at IYH but am a little worried as Mercedes always seems to have a couple of clunky spots in her matches and Xia's never really had many drawn out bouts. Hopefully they click well and kill it.

The InDex continuations were fun. Dex getting hugged was pretty hilarious, he looked like a deer in the headlights when the shit hit the fan. Still curious what/when the payoff for this angle will be.

There it is! DiBiase with the ladder stip and the Million $ Title on the line. Mentioned last week that the belt needed to come into play to make things clearer and the ladder stip only has me more excited as it's my favorite gimmick match. Really think this could be the show stealer on Sunday.

Much like how The Way has turned me around on Thoery, the pairing with Ciampa has turned me around on Thatcher and now I'm a bit fan of Toothless Timmy & Old Man Ciampa as a duo. GYV are obviously solid in the ring but do nothing for me otherwise so I'd much prefer T&C beating them and getting in the title picture but I suspect GYV are due to finally fulfill their "soon to be" catchphrase eventually. Oh yeah, also, Ikemen Jiro seems pretty cool and I want to see more of him on NXT please.

I legit forgot about Io even being a thing that could happen and figured they were building to Poppy vs. Candice after the success of Bad Bunny and whatnot. So yeah, nice surprise and I'm all for it but I'm not gonna lie, I was also totally here for Poppy wrestling, too.

Ember vs. Dakota was real good and I'd have preferred switching it with the men's segment that closed the show, honestly. Ember again busting out new moves every week with the rad sommersault stunner and Dakota not one to be outdone with a new move of her own with the swinging DDT thingie. Emeber's really impressed since she came back to NXT, revamped her look, changed up her moveset, keeps busting out new shit, seems to really be doing a strong resurgence and it'd be cool if it led to a title win but I don't see it happening.

Main event thing was fine for what it was. The way it played out iwth everyone coming out one at a time, interrupting the previous dude to say their little paragraph was kind of corny and scripted feeling but they had some good digs on each other and overall, they've done well to make this whole thing feel pretty personal. Seems pretty obvious to me this match is Kross' to win what with everyone talking so much shit about him and it being so early in his reign. Also the match I'm least interested in on Sunday just because I'm only really a fan of two guys in it. Will be curious to see how it plays out though as it's a lot of bodies to manage.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Index will happen eventually. They’re just taking the long winding road and the pop when they eventually kiss will be magnificent!

So looking forward to the ladder match and the Million $ Belt.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Predicitions for the PPV:

Pete Dunne
    LA Knight
    Xia Li
    Raquel Gonzalez
    Reed & MSK

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Predicitions for the PPV:

Pete Dunne
    LA Knight
    Xia Li
    Raquel Gonzalez
    Reed & MSK
    Now normally when it comes to Donald and wrestling predictions, it’s like looking at a mouldy piece of bread and deciding whether to either pick the mould out and chance it or throw the whole loaf out but I agree with most of this.

I’ll say Kross retains as I feel it’s still too early for him to lose the title but agree with the rest here.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though more unsure on the ladder match tbh cos knowing the NXT crowd I feel they’ll just cheer Dibiase anyway even if he fucks Grimes over so they may just give the crowd what they want. It also depends if they’ll have Dibiase still stick around or just have the winner carry the belt

I think Knight is the better person to win and would do better for Grimes in the long run if he was chasing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I’ll say Kross retains as I feel it’s still too early for him to lose the title but agree with the rest here.
    That's a good bet but the question for the winner or even the other competitors is, what's next?
    Seems safe to presume Gargano and Theory will feud with Orcan and Dunne properly. Cole and O'Reilly are going to continue, probably. Where does that leave Kross?

The out could be that you have him lose here (he moves up) and then those two programs can continue, you spend your time developing guys to move higher up the card and Cole/O'Reilly can be your big summer feud with the gold as the centerpiece. Feels really uncertain for what would be next for Kross if he keeps the championship. The fact he's getting ridiculed so much over the last two weeks either makes him strong by retaining or proves the others right as he's on his way out the door.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE really fucked up in retaining me as a fan when they released Strowman, but I'll still give NXT a shot because I do quite like Karrion Kross, Pete Dunne, and Dexter Lumis. Plus Tony Nese shows up to wrestle every 10 weeks or so.

Pete Dunne is more of a wish, as I think he may be the best on all three brands. Maybe they'll move Kross up to the main roster and I can have something I'm interested to continue watching.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a good bet but the question for the winner or even the other competitors is, what's next?
    Seems safe to presume Gargano and Theory will feud with Orcan and Dunne properly. Cole and O'Reilly are going to continue, probably. Where does that leave Kross?

The out could be that you have him lose here (he moves up) and then those two programs can continue, you spend your time developing guys to move higher up the card and Cole/O'Reilly can be your big summer feud with the gold as the centerpiece. Feels really uncertain for what would be next for Kross if he keeps the championship. The fact he's getting ridiculed so much over the last two weeks either makes him strong by retaining or proves the others right as he's on his way out the door.
    I think he may possibly put someone over strong d on the way out to the main roster but probably a singles match. I could be wrong but probably too early to push Kross to the main roster after TakeOver as he’s just recently come back but I also know they tend to push people out NXT quickly before they’re ready.

Kyle overcoming Kross one on one later in the year after the Cole stuff is done over the summer once and for all would be good.

Also wouldn’t object though to Pete winning and eventually having Kyle go over.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see Kross losing Sunday. You don't have everyone saying he's all sizzle and no steak and that he doesn't belong and can't really hang, etc., only to have it all validated (even if he's going to move up). You don't finish that by showing that, yes, in fact, this guy really is shit. You have him prove them wrong. He's been champ for five minutes with one defense. He's going to win and he's going to win definitively. I could see Dunne most likely being the guy that doesn't take the fall in the match then coming out next week and setting up a one-on-one. I think we're going to see Kross vs. Dunne and Kross vs. KOR before this title reign is over with one of them being the guy (probably KOR unfortunately) being the one to dethrone him.

Oh, and I forgot to say how jealous I am that Poppy got to hug mah bwah last night...

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How exactly is Kross all sizzle and no steak. If I'm not wrong, he's undefeated? I don't understand where they're coming from.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How exactly is Kross all sizzle and no steak. If I'm not wrong, he's undefeated? I don't understand where they're coming from.
    He was injured right after he won the title from Keith Lee and had only defended against Balor since coming back and winning it. He definitely has potential and good signs are there but he's not been really been fully established yet.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And as someone who's only seen him in NXT thus far, I side with those guys. Still not totally sold on him myself. He's got all the bells and whistles but still waiting for more proof he's got what it takes between the ropes. Kind of why I'm getting into this match build up as I'm agreeing with their digs and am curious to see him silence the doubts.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I don't get the sizzle and no steak either. He just beat the guy that beat all the other guys in the match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Yeah I don't get the sizzle and no steak either. He just beat the guy that beat all the other guys in the match.
    They're going inside baseball with their promos. He's getting wins and has the championship but their points are that he needs all the bells and whistles so he can be propped up in the best possible state (Cole insinuated that) and that he's not really that good in the ring (Gargano insinuated that). Basically...a main event act that hasn't gotten over from an onlooker's perspective.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kross is a guy that's got main event written all over him, but I'll be danged is his act didn't turn stale what feels like ages ago. His death and destruction demeanor comes off as very forced and Scarlet's Napoleon Dynamite dancing is pretty cringe. I still like Kross and was very high on him when he debuted. But he's just kind of boring now. I think it'd do him good to start shedding the act little by little and show more humanity and personality.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick thoughts/predictions going into tonight's PPV:

Karrion Kross (c) vs. Adam Cole vs. Pete Dunne vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Kyle O'Reilly: Fatal Five-Way NXT Championship Match
    The match I care the least about since I'm only a fan of two guys in it (Dunne/Gargano) so I might struggle to stay tuned in. I'll be rooting for Dunne the most. I'm absolutely certain Kross is winning. It'll probably be good but I do think, much like that recent triple threat, there'll probably be some contrived "cool" spots. Lots of bodies to keep track of so will be curious to see ho wmany guys are in/out of the ring most of the match.

Raquel Gonzalez (c) vs. Ember Moon: NXT Women's Championship Match
    Cannot see Ember winning but think she'll put up a damn good fight in a very good match.

Bronson Reed (c) & MSK (c) vs. Legado del Fantasma: Winners Take All Six-Man Match
    I really want Legado with all the gold but I don't think it's gonna happen. Too early in the face side's reigns and MSK seem like they're still gonna be challenged by and likely lose the titles to GYV at some point down the line. This match will likely be terrific.

LA Knight vs. Cameron Grimes: Ladder Match for the Million Dollar Championship
    Potential show stealer. Very hyped for this one. Both guys can go and ladder matches are my favorite. Think the best benefit is for Knight to win to further Grimes' face turn with a sympathetic loss (and a big bump finish) and to further make Knight a massive asshole strutting around with the Million Dollar Championship.

Xia Li vs. Mercedes Martinez
    Excited for it as I love both of them but a little worried as Martinez has had some clunky spots in a lot of her recent matches and Xia's still not overly polished. Might be a little rough but hopefully they click for the majority of it and it's pretty badass. Xia wins unless there's a DQ because of Boa or the spooky chair lady with some post-match antics.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Obvious lip synch to start the show. Fun.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Assisted 450 was sweet.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gargano's 90's HBK tights are fucking sweet.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pretty good show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fun but of nostalgia with the opening bit for the show. Todd Pettingill looked great. They definitely had more people in the CWC for this Takeover.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Triple H and HBK's post-Takeover thoughts:

- In regards to the main event, Triple H thinks people underrate what Kross can bring to the table and his overall skill level and experience. He said they just gave those five guys a framework of what they were looking for and then just let them do the magical work they're known to do. HBK said Kross is not in the "NXT mold" but he's different and he's appealing because he is different.

- Triple H really put over Xia Li, citing that she barely spoke English and didn't know what WWE was when she tried out. They told her it was like kung fu theater and she fell in love with it. He put over her sacrifices to become a wrestler and learn everything, and said that she was very emotional with this being her first Takeover. He cited that there have been a lot of stops and starts in regards to Tian Sha due to multiple factors but her ablty to role with the punches made him more of a fan of her.

- HBK said DiBiase wasn't contacted until several weeks in where Cameron Grimes started acknowledging him on TV. Both LA Knight and Grimes were blown away that the Million Dollar Championship was involved, and both loved the title as kids

- Triple H was non-committal in regards to Todd Pettingill being a reoccurring character in NXT.

- When asked about the state of NXT with a potential spark being missed over recent months, Triple H said he's happy with the product. He said ebb and flow is always a natural byproduct in a company like theirs that is always going. Like most things, they are a work in progress, but he's extremely happy with their brand. HBK said it's a good problem to have if their standard has been established so highly and people wonder if something is lacking/missing. All in all, that just pushes everyone to work harder.

- Both guys said MSK continue to just be MSK and they don't try to mimic anyone else. HBK said the tag team takes great joy in being able to be themselves and just allowing them to get the most out of what they're capable of doing and not trying to put them in a specific box, being presented as something they're not.

- Triple H says that William Regal has been an integral part of NXT since day one. Said Regal will be a part of NXT until he says he doesn't want to anymore. Triple H said Regal is one of the biggest recruiters they have in NXT and has an eye for talent who are just getting started in the process of wrestling.

- Triple H wanted to thank the fans and talent for riding through this last year-plus. WWE knows they're not trying solve the world's problems by doing their thing, but they are just trying to provide entertainment and hoping people come back for more. The talent was thrilled with the crowd being involved with the Takeover show.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn good show. I nailed my predictions on this.

Opening six-man delivered the goods. Nice matching gear for the faces. Legado's entrance gear was on point, as always. Still don't get why the crowd have mostly turned on MSK (even though they still pop for their high spots). The body splash through the wall looked brutal. Nice big win for the face team.

I was a little concerned going into Xia/Mercedes but they killed my doubts and brought it. Really good intense fight, no clunky spots or botches that I noticed. Would have been cool if Mercedes had gone for the same move she'd used to beat Xia in the MYC at some point in the match. Xia's overall look was awesome, loved the multi-colored braids. Post match stuff was interesting, Mercedes going wild with the chair and readily stepping up to Mei Ying helped underline her badassery and they've done a great job with Ying where it feels tense AF when someone confronts her. I had thought maybe Kayden/Kacy might appear to even the odds but ti was not so. Curious if Ying will ever actually wrestle or where things will go. I know I'm gonna be hyped when Xia opts to go for the Women's Title.

Damn, the crowd was hot for Knight/Grimes. Very telling for these dues as characters that click. Match was everything I wanted/expected. Some nice nasty uses of the ladder and some jaw dropping spots (big jump off the scaffold by Grimey) and the finish played out exactly how I anticipated and how it should have.

Raquel and Ember have both grown so much over the past while. Raquel's obviously improved like a mofo over the last year and Ember's really reached another level since coming back to NXT, as well, and it was great to see that combine in this match. Some dope counters and new stuff (twisting vader bomb!) and Raquel's strength just making shit look effortless (snatch sidewalk slam and that cool way she did her finish). Damn good. Shotzi's return was spoiled for me 'cuz of a thumbnail but glad to see her back to even the odds.

Dexter was looking DAPPER. All spiffed up for some reason. Hope he took some pics. Funny stuff with the Karate Fighters thing. Shame no development with Indi, though.

I was worried I'd tune out a bit during the main event but they actually kept me hooked throughout. At first it seemed like it was going to be the tropey thing but it was fitting with each guy getting a shot at cross and then it moved onto being more non-stop action with everybody staying in there or rapidly cycling through (outside of Kross getting taken out through the door/desk). Crowd seemed hottest for Dunne/Kross pairing off it sounded to me. Everyone got some good bits where it looked like they might pull it off but Kross rightfully and not surprisingly pulled off the big win (followed by the ref repeatedly telling him to "sell").

Regal's "change" remark is intriguing. Didn't say he was quitting. Maybe getting some sort of assistance/enforcement?
    Last edited by mth; June 14th, 2021 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rumor/potential spoiler:

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all for it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Regal's comment, I was worried that he's going to be released so he's doing the job on the way out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Regal's comment, I was worried that he's going to be released so he's doing the job on the way out.
    Certainly doesn't seem like that's the case...
    Triple H and HBK's post-Takeover thoughts:

- Triple H says that William Regal has been an integral part of NXT since day one. Said Regal will be a part of NXT until he says he doesn't want to anymore. Triple H said Regal is one of the biggest recruiters they have in NXT and has an eye for talent who are just getting started in the process of wrestling.
    They were very effusive towards praising his ability to help coach and develop within NXT.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TONIGHT:

-William Regal addresses "changes" to NXT

-GYV vs. Thatcher/Ciampa: Tornado Tag Team Match

-KUSHIDA open challenge for the CW Title

-LA Knight's Million Dollar Championship coronation

-Io Shirai's return address

-Raquel Gonzalez & Dakota Kai vs. Kayden Carter & Kacey Catanzaro

-Imperium vs. Breezango

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Joe got me to watch NXT.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s like the magic roundabout. He gets released from one non-wrestling role then back in another.

Not complaining about his return btw.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This Trey Baxter guy has a weird look to him. I expect a hillbilly gimmick if he ever makes it to the main roster.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also, how does NXT not have picture in picture.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    LA Knight sucks. And not like "you're supposed to dislike him, he's a heel" I just think he sucks.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    LA Knight is the best.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, how does NXT not have picture in picture.
    They do but not for every break though.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    LA Knight is the best.
    How do you feel about Eli Drake?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know the name but haven't seen anything of him. Meaning I never saw LA Knight before NXT.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    NXT needs to figure their segments out. Regal was talking and suddenly it's Ciampa and Thatcher.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see that they kept the capacity crowd at the CWC around. Kind of shocking there was only four matches but there was still so much that happened here.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; June 15th, 2021 at 10:43 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn good episode tonight outside of a complete lack of Dexter Lumis.

Regal absolutely crushing it with the emotion during the opening had me legit thinking he was leaving. JOE IS BACK BABY. Love the enforcer role for him and love how he handled things all night. What a cool ass motherfucker. Choking out Cole was a real highlight. Look forward to him putting fools in their places going forward. Love it.

Didn't really give a shit about Imperium vs. Breezango. I'll give a shit about Imperium whenever Walter shows up again.

I didn't see the phone battery promo things. I assume the debut/return is at GAB after it gains a few more percents over the next couple weeks.

Trey Baxter did some nice moves (nothing I ahven't seen from other wrestlers, though) but looks a bit goofy and his intro promo didn't really do anything to make him stand out. A few bungled bits in the match, too, with Kushida trying to get flipped over the rope. Kushida vs. KOR should be pretty good and I honestly would prefer to see KOR in the CW scene over the main event.

LA Knight rules and I love him. What an asshole. Knew he was going to swerve with the promo but was not expecting him to deck and stomp Teddy. Dude's getting the heat. Meanwhile, Grimes is getting over real nice as a face act which is pretty funny considering he was getting booed so hard he couldn't finish a promo a few months back. Grimey is so good.

The KC's looked terrific in their tag match tonight. Match was fantastic, too. Legit thought they were going to win it a couple times (with Kai taking the fall to start the fallout with Raquel). Like BG said, the KC's remind me a bit of female version of MSK and I dig it. Some great tandem and high flying stuff from them, very fun and exciting to watch (and of course their opponents are no slouches, either). My MOTN.

Was curious who was gonig to come to Shirai's aid. Initially thought maybe Dexter would distract Indi in trying to patch things up. Not mad it was Stark as I dig her but a bit unexpected as she seemed to be starting up a team with Sarray.

Shame about the production errors although, with the whole "chaos" theme lately, it was kind of appropriate.

Main event was pretty fun. I realized that if Thatcher and Ciampa had a child together, he'd look just like Gibson. I'm really getting into Thatcher and Ciampa, they're pretty awesome and this was a great hard hitting, high octane, chaotic affair. Very pleased they won and look forward to them hopefully getting a title match with MSK that should be a rad clash of styles.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just dropping in to say the KCs looked fantastic tonight. Easily their best match since being in WWE. Many women in the WWE seem to be paired up, but these two move and act like an actual team (even more than the now broken up Riott Squad, and I love Ruby and Liv). Would love to see them win the gold sometime this year.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Wheres my InDex payoff bitches?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Wheres my InDex payoff bitches?
    Better enjoy it while you can because I doubt what happens after the payoff will be rewarding haha.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Thats life.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm imagining Dexter unveiling a big-ass mural that shows his love for Indi, they finally get together, and then the issues with Candice/Johnny's disapproval leads to a mixed tag-team match, InDex vs. the Power Couple. After that, who knows...I think Indi eventually breaking his heart on purpose is the right move to keep him a tortured artist.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone sell me on why I should give 2 shits and a fuck about MSK.

Let's pretend I've never heard of them until now. In reality, what I know of them is few and far between prior to NXT. I know about Impact, I think Ethan Page was the 3rd man correct? Aside from that....? Is the push deserving? So far I'm just seeing 2 guys that are lame but can do the same moves 99% of the wrestlers out there today are doing.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Trey Miguel was the third.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nash Carter I could take or leave but I really like Wes Lee. But they have the same problem a lot of folks have in that their only character is that they're a good wrestler who's worked really hard to get where they are.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another busy show. Looks like Great American Bash is coming together, and Diamond Mine was revealed.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another week, another show without Dexter Lumis. You're really testing me here, NXT...

Ok, I got a little more on board with Carmello Hayes this week. Match with Cole was better than the one with Kushida. Impressed that he turned the crowd around from the "who are you?" chants to rooting for him. Sold Cole's finisher like gold.

Women's tag match was fine but nothing to get too excited about. But it's nice how stacked the NXT women's tag scene is (really makes the RAW/SD women's tag scene barely look like a scene).

The Way vs. Lorcan/Dunne was quite enjoyable. Seems The Way are dabbling in face territory as of late, certainly playing the role here and likely will continue with Gargano seemingly up against Kross at GAB.

I really like Franky but will admit that her two matche sthus far haven't knocked my socks off but to be fair, there's not been much to them. Very eager to see her get in there with some legit competition at some point. And I am digging her seemingly trying to steal Robert Stone's girls away.

Fun stuff with Ever-Rise/Hit Row. Match served its purpose.

Martinez/Atlas is a pretty dope team to get during Pride month. Looking forward to the mixed tag next week. First time we'll see Boa in the ring since... ? Kind of interesting how this Tian Sha thing has been entirely Xia wrestling even though they were both doing the training stuff.

I dig all the possible matches they've been teasing with Joe. They've got to be thinking he'll be getting back in the ring down the line. Only question is when...?

Did not give a shit about the main event for two reasons: 1. I knew the Diamond Mine was coming, so I was just waiting for it and this was essentially just filler until that happened. 2. I hate Kyle O'Reilly. So I tried to watch but I was in and out, mostly just mad that Dexter wasn't on the show, and enjoying the company of my cat. It seemed to deliver what it promised. As far as the Diamond Mine is concerned, bit of a letdown for me. Strong is bland AF, Rust never really impressed me yet and he looks goofy, and I don't know who the third guy they didn't even address is, so hopefully he's cool? I like Bivens, at least. Meh.

So yeah, mixed bag of a show for me.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good show overall but the reveal of Diamond Mine was a lot of meh. One guy I like, but all three of them just don't seem very charismatic or appealing. I was hoping for some fresh faces in NXT to be Diamond Mine, or I would've been OK with Strong leading some younger guys debuting. They have a ton of stuff going on, a lot of groups or teams being pushed. Hit Row, Diamond Mine, tag division is insanely strong, both men's and women's, women's singles division, too. The top of the card, too. They could do great things even just having half the roster they do now. Hit Row looks like they have enough people to mix it up with someone in every division on the show.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LA Knight sucks. And not like "you're supposed to dislike him, he's a heel" I just think he sucks.
    He has improved much from when he last was on NXT jobbing to Corbin and Mojo

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Has Adam Cole been saying 'bay bay' after saying his name every time for long, or just since they've been on USA? Like, every time. May as well officially be his name. Very main roster and highly irritating, to me.

Not been feeling NXT much lately. That said, The Way may well be my favourite act in the company right now.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Has Adam Cole been saying 'bay bay' after saying his name every time for long, or just since they've been on USA? Like, every time. May as well officially be his name. Very main roster and highly irritating, to me.

Not been feeling NXT much lately. That said, The Way may well be my favourite act in the company right now.
    Good job you don’t watch UpUpDownDown and live in the UK then as they’ve got “Adam Cole and the Bay-Bays” merchandise for their US viewers on their shop.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia