Page 221 of 229 FirstFirst ... 211217218219220221222223224225 ... LastLast
Results 22,001 to 22,100 of 22880

Thread: The NXT Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mth nope, nothing has popped up yet relating to a bracket.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

Frazer/Waller was decent and nice touch with the Rollins stuff. I might have skipped a bit somewhere but when did Walker start feuding with Chase U?
    Very ancillary crossover between them over the last week or two.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    @mth nope, nothing has popped up yet relating to a bracket.
    Ah, ok. You must've just been listening more closely than me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Ah, ok. You must've just been listening more closely than me.
    No credit needed for me because they didn't mention it on the broadcast lol. Just saw it on social.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, forgot to once again mention that Pretty Deadly are just terrific. That opening was great. YES BOY.
    Last edited by mth; May 4th, 2022 at 1:00 PM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES BOY!
    Last edited by mth; May 4th, 2022 at 7:06 PM.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should just move up Waller now and give him the (Not Austin) Theory treatment. Wouldn't have minded seeing them paired up but already got a new'ish heel team with Edge & Priest on Raw.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Should just move up Waller now and give him the (Not Austin) Theory treatment. Wouldn't have minded seeing them paired up but already got a new'ish heel team with Edge & Priest on Raw.
    Vocally he's ready but that's about it. He's not good in the ring and even his look is off. Outside of the ring he's fine, but his ring gear is horrifying.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    There’s probably more mileage in a Waller/Tiffany pairing than moving Waller up to pair him up with Theory. If Waller was seen as a big deal, he would’ve already been called up. If you were going to pair him up with Theory, you better be sure he can float on his own because in WWE pairings of solo acts into a tandem are built to be broken up. Theory is getting a rub by association right now and that’s fine enough for him. Theory just needs to keep developing his charisma to fill out at a larger scale.

That’s not to say Waller is a dud. He’s got plenty to work with as an overall presentation but he’s gotta clean up his work in the ring and as I’ve said from the jump, he’s gotta ditch his boxing attire.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 4th, 2022 at 2:09 PM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is Waller that dude that appeared on RAW with AJ Styles? Quite enjoyed him on the mic. Haven't seen him wrestler thugh.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Is Waller that dude that appeared on RAW with AJ Styles? Quite enjoyed him on the mic. Haven't seen him wrestler thugh.
    Yep, that's him.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s got a couple of nice moves. That Somersault stunner and a nice flying elbow. I’d say he’s a spotty guy that needs a bit more seasoning in the ring as far as putting together a complete match goes.

The Marc Mero get-up doesn’t really fit his character. I don’t know if that was his or creative’s choice though. I think he could pull off long tights or trunks.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/m...contract-offer
    This whole thing from Bivens is worth reading. That dude is just so entertaining.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good show tonight. Dig that it was ladies match with every match featuring female performers.

Happy to get the Choo/Perez vs. TA stuff back nit he ring and no silly antics this week, just a good match. Seems like Wendy's poised for a title shot against Mandy at IYH and I am here for it, though I am sure she won't win (nor do I think she really should).

So Gacy and his new boys kidnap Breakker just to....dump him somewhere? Lame. And then Gacy talks for five minutes, says nothing of note, and doesn't reveal who the two guys are. lame. Also, there sure are a lot of guys with a pair of goons doing kidnappings on this show, huh?

Henley/Jacobs was ok but nothing special. Figured Fallon would win as she's more established but i did briefly consider her boys accidentally fucking things up for her.

I am on board with Fyre's new look/persona. Honestly, I think it's more interesting than when she was just KLR with a bat, there's a bit more of a unique aesthetic now. Happy to once again hear the crowd on board and chanting the new name and not being smartasses like they were with Gunther.

Crowd is so hype for Solo and has absolutely committed to turning on Grimes. Grimes vs. Melo's just a filler for what the people really want which is Solo's title shot and really, him winning it. It's a bit amusing that he's asking for it despite having been pinned by the champ twice, though. Feels like he should have to earn it a bit more but whatevs.

The stuff with Legado and D'Angelo was corny as fuck but that's kind of fun. Escobar ending it with "fuck you' was the biggest LOL moment.

Waller/Stratton is a pairing that should have happened yesterday. Chase and Hayward transforming along with Sarray was brilliant. Nice to see Sarray get one up on Stratton finally. I assume there'll still be another one one one between them and I can see an argument for either of them coming out on top of that.

Lyons/Grace was alright. Grace is bland AF at this point, lots of these new chicks really need to develop personas and differentiate themselves, that in-box promo was bad and then she was sort of heel in the match, sort of. Lyons is obviously a favorite to win and I support it.

Ivy Nile being a beast in the vignettes was cool and all 'cuz she legit is a beast but it felt a little pointless other than telling us something we more or less already know. Plus, not much of a beast if she's not really gotten anywhere in the women's division. Hopefully this is a sign she's going to do something of worth soon. Damon Kemp joining Diamond Mine is a decent new thing.

Main event delivered. Damn good stuff. Great work from both, good story, Jade comes out better despite losing.

Oh also! IKEMEN JIRO! Was really bummed when they said he'd be out for months and then whammo, he's back attacking Wagner. As I've said elsewhere, I really hope they back Jiro as a solo act now that Kushida's gone.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely Cora’s best match so far. She won me over a bit more and nice show of love from Nattie at the end.

If Grimes’ NA title push wasn’t so obvious and manufactured with the dead father angle, I think the crowd could’ve stuck with him more as a face. I certainly won’t complain if he goes back heel though as he is better at it. I also agree Soho should’ve done something more to earn another shot.

The Sarray/Chase U transformation was silly but nonetheless amusing. Same for the Mafia stuff and Escobar’s “Fuck You”

Gacy is just boring now, just not into this act at all I’m afraid.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So, Wendy Choo used to be that old lady with Xia Li and Boa? What a fantastic character that was. Shame they abandoned it.

Was that Jason Mewes with Andre Chase?

Does WWE use a random name generator on the internet to come up with names? And then they're going to eventually drop one of the names if they go to the main roster.
    Last edited by Donald; May 11th, 2022 at 1:12 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does WWE use a random name generator on the internet to come up with names? And then they're going to eventually drop one of the names if they go to the main roster.
    Yeah, I can't remember anybody's name anymore now that they're throwing darts at name roots. Here, I'll come up with some NXT names off the cuff...

Ganey Swob
    Jeryl Nimmy
    Byer Sol
    Fraklin Slyers
    Janey Kammo
    Gib Try

and who could ever forget... Bet Ramen.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bring back gimmick names. Earthquake, Repo Man, IRS, Adam bomb, things like that. They don't have to stick to the character forever, or they can add realness to it like the under taker

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Like, ok, with Toxic Attraction, I know Mandy Rose very well, it's a simple and effective name. But I can't for the life of me remember the other two. I just think of them as girl with orange hair and generic looking girl.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This mafia war between Legado del Fantasma and the Family is so ridiculous, but Santos and Tony have done such a great job in their respective roles that I look forward to each new development every week.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back gimmick names. Earthquake, Repo Man, IRS, Adam bomb, things like that. They don't have to stick to the character forever, or they can add realness to it like the under taker
    I just want another Tugboat to come back to inspire his dozens and dozens of Tugmaniacs in the front row all the way up to the nosebleed seats.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TrickMelo vs. Grimes/Solo was quite good. The anti-Grimes sentiment seems to have disappeared this week.

Legend/Paxley was wierd. They put over how Pax is super strong on commentary and then she fails to lift Legend three times. I figured they were going for a "third time's the charm" spot but nope. Kind of undermined her whole deal. legend looked good focusing on the leg. This tourny feels like three stars versus a bunch of jobbers.

I really can't handle long-winded promos from Gacy. His tone comes of as so disingenuous, which words when he's talking about inclusion and shit 'cuz he's supposed to be full of shit, but when he's supposed to be talking legit and he still has that same slow, insincere tone, it's pretty fucking grating and I don't buy into it. I want to like him, there's good stuff about him, but it's not all clicking. The hooded druids still seem so goddamn out of place and corny, too, just unmask those dudes already and put 'em in similar outfits to Gacy's. Anyway, this title feud sucks and i want it to be over.

Raiders/Creeds II was very good. If they aren't straight-up booting Roddy from the group, maybe they're making him and Kemp a team to go against the Creeds? But I hope they just boot him from the group and NXT/WWE.

I still don't get why/how Chase U turned face, i guess because it's so stupid it's entertaining, but whatever. Waller/Tiffany is such a good pairing. Match was good enough for what it was.

Funny how slapping on some glasses and talking about stats, barely a gimmick, makes Kiana seem head and shoulders more interesting than most of the other bland-ass folks in the tourny. Decent match. Funny how on the surface I'd say Perez doesn't really have much different than others, either, but she's got a charisma/likeability that's just there from the jump. I see her beating Lash and facing Lyons in the final. Either one could win from there but I'm sticking to Lyons winning and beating Mandy down the road.

I was pretty hyped for Fazer/Lee and what we got was pretty good but never clicked up into the next gear but you knew that Wagner was going to fuck things up and he did. The press slam table bump was awesome but it's funny how Jiro into the crowd took him out for weeks but Lee goes onto the table, looking vastly more painful, and he's walking around backstage immediately after. Also, where was Jiro? Should've came to help the dudes. Sanga backstage was interesting, seemingly trying to be a nice guy but Lee took it wrong. Didn't really think they'd keep him around but I kind of like him so maybe they'll still work something out for him.

Esobar/D'Angelo was good. Happy to see Escobar with the big win. They need to do a six-man streetfight/stable war to cap off this feud, though. Just a big chaotic, weapons-filled, fighting all over the arena battle. Tony & Co. can win and Legado can get called up and start running the bingo on the main roster.

Holy shit the ending thing with Gacy was awful.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gacy is someone who has a good gimmick but that's it. If they could re-cast and find the right person, I think it would have more steam behind it. I'm not a fan of his wrestling either and his finisher doesn't make any sense. It's too flashy.

I see this guy as someone who had this gimmick back in CZW and in front of that audience he looked cool. I'm not intimidated by him and like you said @mth his tone is frustrating.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening tag was fine for what it was. We just need to be done with this set of guys in the NA title picture after IHY. There’s ample guys to work in this pocket of the card so they’ve gotta shuffle new guys in and hope the losers here don’t flounder creatively, as has been my concern.

Thea Hail’s vignette really harkened back to the super old school NXT vignettes for prospects to watch for. Crazy to think she’s still in high school and she’s already starting the process of getting integrated and they’re advertising it. It’s not like she needs to be there all of the time but the fact 2.0 is doing house shows again in Florida, she seems like someone who should definitely get a run every once in a while for those shows. If you’re going to sign her, let her get the experience.

Nothing really to say for Tatum/Lash. Lash has plenty of charisma but her work in the ring needs to catch up. That said, the charisma is likely going to keep her around.

Indi working into the title picture might be troublesome. She showed some promise over the earlier stages of her in-ring time but she plateaued and that lined up with her doing more work with her personality and doing more backstage stuff. That helped round her out but it’s also made her incredibly reliant on having people to work off of and if that is now eroding and she’s having to go back to working in the ring, she’s going to have to hit a higher gear somewhat quickly.

It’s slow but I think Brutus is getting a little more fluid in the ring. That said, nearly whiffing on that Brutus Bomb to the outside wasn’t ideal lol. Goes without saying, but having The Viking Raiders around for a few weeks as foes should help develop The Creeds because those guys can work. The booking of the actual finish was probably too much for its own good. Raiders should get their win back, Strong tried to get involved again, Julius caught him and cut that off but that ultimately cost him. That logically makes sense, except for the fact the No. 1 contenders eat a loss prior to their title match.

WWE tries like hell to get monikers to stick, but Arrogant Aussie is a good one for Waller. Tiffany and Waller is probably a main roster-ready act right now. It’s a duo that could get some heat very easily, fresh characters compared to the rest of the roster and they could learn/evolve. They probably need each other for now because Waller’s heat is still there but isn’t nearly as intense as it was a while back.

Roxanne/Kiana was fine for what it is. I don’t know why, but it made me chuckle as Kiana was losing steam and Barrett said the calculator was broken for her. For some with a too smart for their own good gimmick, getting crossed up like Kiana did wasn’t so sharp.

Might be the best if an absolutely bad situation but they might have lucked into a MSK makeover if they just pair Lee and Frazer together. They probably wouldn’t have the same pizzaz and synergy as the original MSK but these two seem to click, if their showdown was any indicator. There’s an entry point there, with Wagner ticked at Frazer and Quinn messing with Lee. Conveniently linked bullies can get taken down a peg by Frazer and Lee linking up. In meantime, seems like Lee has Napoleon Complex death wish.

Escobar/D’Angelo was good for what it was. D’Angelo can hit the repeat button a little too much for his strikes and needs to add a bit more to his move set in the ring, but he’s advancing at a nice pace for his match count.

The stuff with Breakker and Gacy is just tired. There’s very little upside there.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Don't watch NXT anymore, but so glad to see that Pretty Deadly have been brought over. They were so good on NXT UK.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening tag wasn't much to talk about. Nothing too impressive from Stacks and Two Dimes and I felt bad for Malik for a couple of slip ups. Crowd was really hyped for the post-match brawl, though, so whatever the big blow-off ends up being should be a hot time.

Lee vs. Sanga was a really solid big man/little man bout. That beal throw was terrific, reminded me of Keith Lee's AEW debut match. Lee made the chokeslam look like a million bucks, too. Post-match stuff was interesting, too. Babyface Sanga has my interest as does the Lee/Quinn feud.

Fyre vs. Lopez was ok but not much to talk about. Fyre's new presentation makes her more intriguing than she was as plain ol' KLR so hopefully she starts doing something interesting soon.

Lyons' injury was a damn shocker and she was certainly my pick to win the whole thing. Money's on Perez now. Stratton getting in there was a good swap.

Perez vs. Legend was alright. Nice reverse suplex from Legend.

Expected better from Rose vs. Hartwell. No idea why the crowd was chanting "holy shit" for the brawl at the end but at least they're hot for the KCs going for the tag titles. Pretty lame for Choo to get her ass beat down a couple weeks ago and her big return/revenge is...dumping balls on Rose...and they even got stuck at first. She should've had a bit of an edge here, at least, but whatever.

Stratton vs. Henley was good. Stratton's really starting to get it together and I'm digging it, good gimmick and seems to be progressing in the ring. Could have seen this match going either way but Stratton vs. Perez for the finals will probably have more heat so that's probably the better option.

I do not get this Thea Hail stuff. I guess they're trying to get kids to relate to her? They must see the next HBK in her or something as it feels like she getting this special treatment for such a young talent. Also her mic work is shit. I dunno but it feels more like she's coming across as an entitled Tiffany Stratton-type than a likeable/relatable type to me.

Was really hoping Jiro might score the upset win over Wagner but alas, i am a wishful fool. Match was only decent because Jiro is good. I do not get their support of Wagner, he sucks in every way but damn if they aren't really behind him, mowing through other more talented folks, and to what end? A title feud with Breakker? *shudder* Oh fuck, that's it, isn't it?

I skipped Hudson vs. Breakker because I did not care but heard it was far and away the MOTN so good on them. Jumped to the end just to see how it concluded, made sense to do what they did to sell the sip for the title bout. A title bout I give zero fucks about. Gacy is genuinely repelling me now.

Saw folks saying Giovanni Vinci is Aicher's repackaging so at least we know he'll be good in the ring but the gimmick seems extremely redundant of a few people going on right now.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Am I the only one who thinks Wagner looks awkward as fuck? I feel like he's what I would look like if I was a wrestler.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Von Wagner fuckin sucks. Another "he's tall" and that's it. He comes across as someone who had nothing going for him in life and his dad was like hey you're 6'4" you'll get hired.

They sign this goof but Cody Hall is still chillin.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who thinks Wagner looks awkward as fuck? I feel like he's what I would look like if I was a wrestler.
    You see the Edge + Great Khali = Wagner thing I posted awhile back? Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening tag was a great example of why these individuals need the house shows. The purpose of this match felt like it was to show D’Angelo’s lackeys can work a match. It wasn’t a memorable match for them so I see no interest in getting excited for them in a bigger match. Then you had the mishaps on the other side from the opposition and that just shows they need more seasoning.

Lee is doing so serious heavy lifting to get himself over a solo act now. Sanga as a tweener or face doesn’t interest me because the ceiling is pretty limited and they already royally screwed his upside as a heel. On top of that, he really didn’t work any differently so there’s dissonance on the overall presentation.

If Elektra is getting better, it’s fairly marginal. Her timing and footwork still seems notably off.

Roxanne is winning this or something went awry. Lash actually looked pretty solid as a dominant monster who got got. Fallon looked good and talked well in the build to the match with Tiffany. Out of all four, Tiffany looks the most main roster ready right now. That speaks volumes considering how she looked when she debuted nearly half a year ago. Night and day difference compared to her first match on NXT, which was also against Fallon.

Mandy is essentially a sexualized female version of Reigns: a champ that will get help from their tag team compatriots, will win straight up, and really doesn’t have a contender in sight that will cause a significant problem. Match with Indi was fine but didn’t really get emphasized to be much of anything. They’ve really botched Wendy with a fun gimmick. It has potential to be fun but it’s pretty sophomoric with outdated comedic gags.

Seems like they’re putting in a lot of work for Thea with her likely not really working on TV a lot. Not really sure about the rhyme or reason behind that.

Wagner is a big bag of nothing other than being serviceable in the ring and being remotely tall. That said, he’s booked relatively well as an imposing threat.

Grimes/Frazer next week sounds pretty fun. Grimes stopping by the barbershop and putting Hayes in his place was a good bit. The jaw jacking between the two of them was solid.

It’s truly a shame “Vinci” couldn’t be 2-3 inches taller. The odds of him succeeding still being tied to GUNTHER would’ve likely been much better versus whatever this new gimmick is going to be.

Main event was fine, which is notably better than how things are going for Breakker and Gacy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This slipped my mind, but I’ll be surprised if Thea actually doesn’t “go to” Chase U and most of the talk she’s been having is just a red herring.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good enough tag opener. Lots of flash from Pretty Deadline but they can work as a really good, fundamental tag team. Strong is Strong, so you know he’ll be good in the ring. Kemp clearly has a jolt of energy he’ll provide when he’s a true hot tag. He probably needs to slow down in general, but the general level of exuberance got to him. The IYH match should be good. Tricky spot for The Creeds because another loss is probably hurting momentum, but I doubt they’re going to bypass the civil war within Diamond Mine and that doesn’t need the tag titles.

The audio for the meeting between the rival factions was extra crisp. I wonder if that was unintentional comedy to help this be a little more corny.

I was almost ready to say that Elektra was fine in the first half of the match with Cora and then that kind of wasted away. I guess it was promising she got to midway through a match to show some upside but we still need to see a complete match. Her selling just doesn’t look believable and then it’s just messy when she tries to do more than generic imposing spots. Cora moves along but it seems weird where we are going, since Natalya is just magically out of the picture now, it seems. Good video package for her, and a good one by Tiffany. She’s really really coming along as an all-around project nicely.

That direction with Cora might actually make sense if they get dumb with Roxanne’s potential win in the breakout tournament. They’re together too much to not think her win will make her say they need to take the tag gold from Toxic Attraction.

The big takeaway I took from Quinn/Lee was Quinn is probably better suited just to go to Smackdown and be part of Max Dupri’s Maximum Male Models group. Took an L here to Lee, who is getting time but is directionless, so maybe there’s some validity to that thought for Quinn.

A prayer circle needs to form to ensure we are done with Gacy/Breakker after Saturday.

The Summit was fine. Jacy sounds a lot like Mandy in terms of her delivery. Kayden had good energy with her promo but she was too riled up and needed to slow down on the delivery. Good table spot onto Mandy. If Wendy’s character wasn’t so sophomoric with her physicality in non-wrestling segments, she’d probably look really sharp to be a great asset on Monday or Friday.

Easily thought we wouldn’t see Hudson on TV for a bit, in light of news circulating, but kudos to him for being out there and just continuing to work. Nice slingshot into the ring going into a German Suplex. Better gimmick and we’re cooking with gas for him. Sikoa is really gaining steam in a hurry. Easy fit for him on Fridays whenever they want to pull the trigger on that.

Lol, called it on Thea.

Match between Waller and Jensen was fine enough. I liked Jensen’s sell of the cutter.

Not a bad match between Kiana and Ivy. Braun prevailed over brains, but did seem somewhat notable that Kiana countered Ivy’s Dragon Sleeper. There’s some upside in Kiana.

Pretty good main event. Frazer just has a burst that makes him look extra springy in the ring. Great transition by him countering a power bomb into a rana. Not sure where Frazer is going to stack up in NXT but he can be a player. Should be a good one on Saturday between Grimes and Hayes.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You see the Edge + Great Khali = Wagner thing I posted awhile back? Once you see it, you can't unsee it.
    Damn you mth

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening tag was good. Kemp shows a lot of potential. I don't want PD to lose the belts to the Creeds though it seems like the logical conclusion. Would much prefer the Diamond Mine implosion fuck things up for them and then they can beat Roddy's ass and send him to AEW.

The mafia meeting was pretty good. Liked the yacht setting was cool and the actual content seemed a lot better this time than that other time 'cuz they've actually been feuding and had stuff to talk about. The stip for the six-man is a little odd and I would prefer it had a streetfight stip or something to notch it up into something more fitting to the "turf warf" vibe they're trying to sell.

Jade vs. Lopez was a mess. Elektra is great as a character and all but in ring, oof. A couple of rough spots where the timing was off and that submission that kept falling apart, I think I'd put her below Lash Legend in the skill department. Bad match.

I think Lee vs. Quinn is becoming my new Swerve vs. Ruff where I could watch them fight a hundred times. Good style clash, speed, intensity, etc.. Really would like a nice long match between them still.

I can't wait for this Gacy/Breakker feud to be over. I have wanted to like Gacy and tried but it is just not doing for me. I don't think he's winning Sunday but please knock him down the ladder a bit, maybe the NA Title scene would be ok against Solo whenever he wins the belt.

Women's Champship summit was better than expected. Crowd was super hot, Wendy just bored AF with TA's jabbering was great and got a loud chant going, and the stuff from the KCs was good, too. Finally Choo does something more fitting in response to the ass beating she took, much better than the dumb ball dump. Shame they souldn't have presented her better in the build up to this, as someone TA would sleep on (see what I did there?) but is actually not to be fucked with when the bell rings. If the KCs dont' win the tag titles at IYH, they should go to the main roster and win those belts instead.

Solo needs to win the NA title yesterday. Hudson is alright. i tired to Google whatever news BG is talking about and all I found was weird fucking site that seemed to shove his name into a badly translated article about Jake Atlas' recent arrest but I saw no credible sites reporting that.

Good video packages for the Breakout final. I am becoming a big fan of Stratton and want her to win it more because of what she could do with it as a heel but I think Perez is going to and that's just fine, I like her, too.

Briggs/Waller was fine. Wagner still sucks. Popped for Quincy backstage, hope they start using him soon.

Nice to see Ivy in a match again, she doesn't have them enough. James seems to be pretty decent in ring and even though glasses and liking numbers is a pretty one note gimmick, at least she has something unlike most of the chicks in the Breakout tourny. I heard Ivy is facing Maiko on NXT UK soon?! Hell yes, I am going to watch that. Hope Ivy gets in the NXT women's title soon, it's odd that she's never sniffed the scene even though she's presented as such a beast.

Grimes/Frazer was good. I wish Frazer had a bit more personality/gimmick/whatever, he's got babyface Neville vibes in ring that I really dig but I need more to latch onto. Think Grimes should retain Sunday, lose it to Solo ASAP, and Hayes can go after Breakker.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What's the news about Duke Hudson? I haven't seen anything

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the news about Duke Hudson? I haven't seen anything
    Long story short his bf is Jake Atlas. They were going to have a threeway with a female. The shit went south when Hudson spent too much time south on the girl instead of south on his man, jealousy kicks in like 99% of 3somes. Atlas attacked Hudson, nothing serious but Hudson called the cops so Atlas would leave him alone before it got worse.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The same thing happens in my day dreams of a 3some with Tony Nese and Dana Brooke, but I don't call the cops.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Long story short his bf is Jake Atlas. They were going to have a threeway with a female. The shit went south when Hudson spent too much time south on the girl instead of south on his man, jealousy kicks in like 99% of 3somes. Atlas attacked Hudson, nothing serious but Hudson called the cops so Atlas would leave him alone before it got worse.
    You got a link to somewhere credible? When i searched last night, I just got two really sketchy sites and anything that wasn't sketchy didn't mention Hudson whatsoever.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solo needs to win the NA title yesterday. Hudson is alright. i tired to Google whatever news BG is talking about and all I found was weird fucking site that seemed to shove his name into a badly translated article about Jake Atlas' recent arrest but I saw no credible sites reporting that.
    The credible sites aren't talking about because they're credible lol. They're not going to use the opportunity of the story to out someone.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair point there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got a link to somewhere credible? When i searched last night, I just got two really sketchy sites and anything that wasn't sketchy didn't mention Hudson whatsoever.
    It's the wrestling world, name a site that's credible because even articles on major sites like ESPN can sometimes be total bullshit. Just read some of the stories on mainstream media sites that aren't wrestling talking about Sasha and Naomi.

I had read an article on FB 2 nights ago that didn't mention Hudson, only Atlas. BG is the first person I saw make mention of something with Hudson, so I googled Duke Hudson and the articles popped up. Seems kind of random to insert Hudson in the story just for laughs so I imagine it's true.

Had BG not mentioned Hudson's name (shouldn't you be asking HIM for the credible sites?) I wouldn't even have thought of looking up anything else about Atlas' situation.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a shame that in 2022 we're still living in this world of fear where people are scared to be "outed" as BG put it. Despite BG putting Hudson's name in the mix without any credible news site like the New York Post confirming it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I read something about Jake Atlas but didn't see anything about Duke Hudson in the article. Also, there are credible wrestling news sites? Most of them are just rumors they treat as news, or two articles saying the same thing in different wording.

Should coming out even be a thing? Who cares?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I understand the "credible" point. Like I said, I only saw Hudson's name on two sites that looked like they were made by non-English speaking robots, so it was a super low-ass bar. I would've accepted anything that at least didn't refer to Atlas as "Map book". And considering the bullshit sites that are also loaded with phobia, I thought maybe Hudon's name might've just been thrown in by someone pulling it out their ass for giggles.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s a thread on Reddit with a link to the Orange County police records and a case number.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...tm_name=iossmf
    Last edited by Badger; June 1st, 2022 at 7:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: wrong thread

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IYH predictions:

Pretty Deadly retain to further the implosion of Diamond Mine. Creeds will absolutely have it won at one point but maybe Roddy fucks it up for them.

Rose retains. I love Choo but a champion's gimmick, she does not have.

I feel like Gigi/Jacy could lose their titles, though, and with the main roster title tourny apparently off, the KCs aren't going to go win that so....I'll say KCs win the tag belts.

I feel like Solo should be the NA champ ASAP but who the better person to win it from is the question. He already lost to Grimes, can't remember if he has had a one on one with Hayes. I think Hayes should move up to face Breakker after this but maybe a quick regaining to the NA belt to then lose it to Solo is a good move? Are Hayes and Trick maybe splitting soon, so maybe trick screws things up here? I'll go with Grimes retaining.

Six-man tag I think is going Tony D's way, being the newer group they're trying to establish. Legado can lose stuff and not be damaged by it.

Breakker retains despite a bunch of weird bullshit from Gacy. He said something "very, very different" is going to happen, soooo...that bugs on the mat thing Wyatt did, but it's home video of Breakker and his dad or some such nonsense.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah about the same for me.

If Breakker wins (and please God let him win so this can finally be over) maybe those two hooded guys might be exposed in the process. I dread to think what the surprise is.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wish Vince would buy back Cole, Lee, Fish, Kross and others and turn it back to 1.0. Keep some of the 2.0 guys

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Everyone but KOR

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish Vince would buy back Cole, Lee, Fish, Kross and others and turn it back to 1.0. Keep some of the 2.0 guys
    Lee, yes, the rest, no thank you.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening six-man was quite good but I had technical issues that bungled up the finish so I only saw that part in replay which kind of ruined things for me. Very curious how the angle plays out from here.

Women's tag title match was solid enough. Really disappointed the KCs didn't get the big win, feels like they're never going to do it at this point and as this was the peak of their momentum, not sure where they'll go otherwise.

NA Title match was great. Very happy Hayes won, hope to see Solo take it off him soon. Grimes should turn heel.

Women's title match was alright but not the best. Wendy's dream sequence pre-match basically spoiled it (not that anyone probably expected her to win) and the unzipping/hulking up bit could have been done more effectively. A TA shirt wasn't that exciting a reveal and it felt like she was wrestling with her wardrobe as much as she was with Rose. There was still some good stuff in there, though.

As much as I wanted Creeds to lose, I have to admit the tag title match was great and their win was well done and a feel good moment. Hell of an SSP to finish, too. I hope Pretty Deadly don't go back to NXT UK now and stay in 2.0 'cuz they're wonderful.

Have to admit, the NXT title match was damn good. Vast improvement over their previous bout and I legit got pretty into it despite not really giving a shit. The story/stip played into it well and there was good action, intensity, and some nice big spots. Pleasantly surprised. Now let's get Gacy out of the title picture and do something else, please.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony D's guys need better names like Johnny Stromboli and the Calzone Kid

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PLEs for NXT don’t have any differentiation of substantial note in the 2.0 era so that kind of took the steam away of flat card. I guess there’s special entrances but this is still a far far cry from the Takeover era. On the other side of the spectrum, this crowd certainly does help elevate things. The reactions don’t always correlate to the action in the ring or feel overinflated, but it worked for a PLE setting.

Escobar looked like a badass with his look and D’Angelo’s video was pretty good. It’s hard to screw up a six-man in WWE’s format so this delivered and then some. Again, really could’ve gone without the tag match with D’Angelo’s goons prior to this match to keep some mystery to how they’d work. Pretty sensible finish, considering the stakes and the tendencies of both groups. A lot of the out-of-ring material has been corny but the two groups seem to mesh together well, so I’m not totally bothered this is continuing. It’ll naturally allow Legado to rise up when they advance things.

I guess kudos for trying to advance a very minor story within the women’s division with Tatum and Lash going after Alba.

Women’s tag match was fine. Katana (lol) has Naomi tendencies where she’s ambitious with moves at the expense of execution and logic. She’ll learn, hopefully, and just try to sprinkle in more effective stuff along the way. Wasn’t the cleanest of wins for TA but fair enough in the scope of a tag match. That certainly takes the wind out of the sails of the KC gals. This finish has me even more convinced Roxanne is winning the tournament and using the opportunity to team with Cora to challenge for the tag titles.

Thought the match between Grimes and Hayes delivered. There seemed to be a lot of talking between the competitors and the ref that seemed to be caught on screen a lot. Those moments and the slower pace at times kind of disjointed the feel to the match a bit. Williams kind of helped mitigate that a bit, but the guys really hit the marks to keep the match going. Not surprising to see Hayes win and now he’s got a Sikoa situation. Grimes probably is going to be a forgotten figure of sorts, so he needs something tangible to happen to kind of keep him relevant. He got kind of stale, but the crowd turned on him too. Neither of those factors did him any favors.

Mandy/Wendy was rather meh. They went with the traditional match of the heel being methodical and lots of rest holds on the face. That’s fine if the face has good fire and energy to battle back but then you get the wet fart of Wendy trying to take off her jacket lol. If I’m right about the women’s tag picture, there’s no immediate end in sight for Mandy’s reign.

Good back and forth between Tiffany and Roxanne. With how Tiffany has been going and how Roxanne works, I’m pretty optimistic the match is going to be pretty good.

Creeds/Pretty Deadly was a banger. Julius is certainly a guy to watch and the SSP was gnarly. Brutus is a wrecking ball that can go awry sometimes, but he’s fun to watch. Their overall trajectory is looking good and they’re evolving rather well. The storytelling for this feud has been going for a little bit and The Creeds had momentum building prior to that. PD became the thorn in their side all of the sudden and helped establish the new team. I really thought we’d see the challengers lose and continue to see the implosion of Diamond Mine. I thought that would be counterintuitive to their momentum but I’m glad to see they won. I guess the implosion will happen as champions and that probably helps delay any malaise the champs may come across due to booking, but we’ll see what happens after that. @mth, I wouldn’t worry about PD leaving to go back to UK. If anything, there’s a natural fit for them to get called up right now. A certain manager is looking for new models…

They really just went from A to Z on Gacy’s character and that really hurt the build of this continued feud. The first match between the two was a little tough and questions arose as to whether Breakker was solely looking good based on the fact of who he was facing. This match probably helped quelled those concerns a bit. Gacy is no slouch but they had better chemistry and cohesion in this rematch. Gacy’s theatrics within the match harkened back to Taker and Wyatt. That’s fine within the scope of a match but it doesn’t work in this framework of NXT, in addition to being too rushed of a character development. That spear to the outside looked great and Gacy sold it fantastically. Remarkably, the second spear was even more great. I think, when hit right, it’s more impactful than his actual finisher. Let’s see where things go now.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mth, I wouldn’t worry about PD leaving to go back to UK. If anything, there’s a natural fit for them to get called up right now. A certain manager is looking for new models…
    Bruh... I'm 'bout to go sacrifice a virgin goat to the gods of wrestling...

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Women’s tag match was fine. Katana (lol) has Naomi tendencies where she’s ambitious with moves at the expense of execution and logic. She’ll learn, hopefully, and just try to sprinkle in more effective stuff along the way. Wasn’t the cleanest of wins for TA but fair enough in the scope of a tag match. That certainly takes the wind out of the sails of the KC gals. This finish has me even more convinced Roxanne is winning the tournament and using the opportunity to team with Cora to challenge for the tag titles.
    You might be right, but TA didn't get the clean win this time since Jacy snuck a shot onto Kayden from the outside to set up for Gigi. I could see these two teams going at it once more with the KCs finally getting a much deserved win (in my opinion, at least).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT IYH was pretty solid.

I wasn't a fan of Tony winning, at all. IDK maybe I'm alone in this one but I don't see anything of worth with this guy, his gimmick, or his crew. But my 21 year old son is a big fan lol. I told him he was too young to truly remember Deuce and Domino but that's what this shit reminds me of. He goes "Yeah but I was a big fan of the Vaudevillians" and I'm out of answers.

Wasn't shocked neither of the women's titles changed hands. Kitana is great, always been a fan, but this team she's in has always been lame to me. I figured they might actually win, but now I'm thinking this loss might lead to them getting called up. The upside is it doesn't seem to be that big of a deal as to what you've done in NXT so the fact they've been low carders for the entire time might not matter if they show up and win the women's tag belts.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    You might be right, but TA didn't get the clean win this time since Jacy snuck a shot onto Kayden from the outside to set up for Gigi. I could see these two teams going at it once more with the KCs finally getting a much deserved win (in my opinion, at least).
    No disagreement with your line of thinking. I just think they’re pushing things relatively quickly with Roxanne and I think it’s way too fast for her to beat Mandy. The constant mentioning of Cora seems to indicate they want you to know (by beating you over the head with it) that they’re friends. There’s a can of worms with that route, seeing a team that’s never paired up to beat the champs, but you’d like to think they’ll give the new champs an opportunity to mesh and evolve together.

We need Io back (either here or up on Raw/Smackdown) soon. Hopefully she heals up quickly.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The same stuff we're hearing about Roxanne from BG is the same stuff we heard about Cora.

I also don't get the mentality that a first time pairing means they shouldn't be able to beat the tag champs. How many times over the years have we seen two singles wrestlers win the tag belts on their first try? Happened quite a bit in the 80's and 90's.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Carmello Hayes is awesome

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What on earth do they see in Von Wagner

Is Nathan Frazier Heath Slater?
    Last edited by Donald; June 7th, 2022 at 8:28 PM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Awesome that the week I decide to watch NXT live, one of my favorites shows up!

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What on earth do they see in Von Wagner

Is Nathan Frazier Heath Slater?
    Heath Slater 2.0

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hayes is compelling as a character in general but things really go up a notch when he has a championship. The swagger just radiates off him with the gold. Sikoa was good in this role. He had to talk but he didn’t do more than he needed to.

Wagner and Jensen did not have a lot of chemistry there in the ring. On top of that, it felt like Wagner didn’t really know what he wanted to do there in stretches of the match. Wagner seems to be pushed but having him lose here to Jensen seems lame.

Two weeks, two good outings for Frazer. Not really sure what his ceiling is but Neville sounds like a fair possibility. Makes sense to give Frazer the win over Escobar since he’s having issues with D’Angelo.

Apollo Crews answering the challenge of Breakker was a welcomed surprise. Just about anyone would’ve been pleasant just for the implication that Gacy was gone from the championship picture. Felt like the writing was on the wall for Crews when he disappeared off Raw and they started giving Nigerian monikers to Omos. Crews didn’t have the accent and just sounded like a normal guy. Interesting second go round for Crews. They didn’t know what to do with him in NXT and they rushed him to the main roster. Regardless of what he ultimately does, a match between Crews and Breakker would be fun.

Gacy’s goons, Diad, will compete next week. I’ll be surprised if this is anyone other than GYV.

Did not anticipate Tiffany to work wrist locks and stretching the digits of Roxanne. Different attack by her and while it probably went on for too long, it helped add a different layer to her attack and helped tell the story of Roxanne fighting from underneath and having to sell her arm. Great looking setup for the triple jump moonsault by Tiffany. Cleaner miss would’ve been better but it set up the finish to have Roxanne take the win.

Two losers, Tiffany and Wendy, square off again. We’ll see if those goes better for Wendy this time around. Tiffany probably has identity theft protection this time around, as well.

Time filler segment with Chase pissed and willing to take on Pretty Deadly because they jumped Bodhi. Something must have been in the water that Andre and Sikoa had, wanting to jump into handicap matches. Thea seemed to fit the part of the overly enthusiastic upstart, trying to help Chase. Not a lot here but again, there probably wasn’t supposed to be.

Alba/Tatum was fine. Was a pretty quick match but it seemed like the point was suggest Tatum earned some respect for Alba. Fun to see Tatum roll further back but Alba didn’t care and still hit a swanton for the win. Lash/Alba doesn’t sound appealing though. Lots of work ahead for Alba.

Celebration time for Diamond Mine. Seemed good enough for everyone at first before Enofé and Blade wanted a match for the championships and the Creed Brothers obliged. Strong didn’t like the fact they’re just handing out opportunities. Couldn’t care less for Enofé and Blade but the champs have to do something until Strong & Kemp try to rock the boat.

I guess Aichner needed time to grow a beard to be Vinci, so we’ll get his “debut” next week. Commentary is going to need to explain this when we clearly know this is just a gimmick swap lol.

At least they really didn’t rehash the handicap match. That wasn’t a surprise, but the surprise was that Crews was the help for Sikoa. Guess he’ll establish himself back on NXT before getting the match with Breakker. Works for me. Crews looked good, sharp, and engaged. Match was pretty fun and the faces ended the night with a win.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Briggs beating Wagner made me happy as Wagner sucks and I really hope they give up on pushing him (they won't).

Legado joining the family raises similar logic questions as Grimes becoming Knight's butler did: why not just don't do it? I guess I'm supposed to assume there's an off screen contract or authority figure that enforces the stip but it'd be nice if they even briefly mentioned they're locked into it with their job on the line or something. Otherwise, why not just be like, "fuck this" and refuse. Anyway, it was like "Santos Es-crowbar?" and he was like "Santos Es-No-Bar" , amirite?. Good match. Frazer's enjoyable in the ring. Escobar is probably one of my favorites that I, for some reason, always forget to list as one of my favorites. Legado could go up against the Bloodline and I would love it.

APOLLO! Was not expecting him and am not mad about it. I've always liked the guy and we all agree he got called up from NXT too soon so it's awesome to see him back for another round. Will be curious how long this lasts as most of these main roster guys are only around for a coupler weeks.

Breakout final was a bit clunky at a few points, seemed like they weren't on the same page a couple of times. I like Perez, she's got the wholesome everygirl appeal but she's basically Cora without a skateboard and it's a little underwhelming while Tiffany's over there with personality shooting out her ass, so I was rooting for Tiff even though I expected what we got. I think Bg's right about Perez/Jade going for the tag titles. Interesting to see Indi added into the mix, not mad about that but it's a little lackluster after she already tried and failed to beat Mandy in a mediocre match.

Happy to see Pretty Deadly are still around. The stuff was them and Chase U was fine. Was really hoping we might see another new Chase U member show up to help Andre, maybe Quincy Elliot or something but nope. Hail being there was fine but other than a slap, it was a little like, "that's it?", I was expecting her to crossbody PD or something.

Fyre/Paxley was fine. Fyre's swanton was crazy. It'll be nice to see her get a feud going so we can explore this new character beyond the vignettes and Legend could really benefit from someone with the skill/experience. I'm very much here for it.

I expected Grimes to be Solo's partner in the main and was not thrilled about it but was very pleasantly surprised when Crews reappeared. Match was good. Crews is great. It's kind of funny how a main roster midcarder who most people forget is even employed is over AF when they show up in NXT.
    Last edited by mth; June 8th, 2022 at 11:41 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

APOLLO! Was not expecting him and am not mad about it. I've always liked the guy and we all agree he got called up from NXT too soon so it's awesome to see him back for another round. Will be curious how long this lasts as most of these main roster guys are only around for a coupler weeks.
    Think the notable difference is those who have come down generally have a purpose that brings them back to the MR. Ziggler is an exception in the immediate sense but he showed back up this week. Crews, however, doesn't have anything to come back to, probably.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if they’ll bother to repackage Azeez or just let him go? Probably should just let him go, he was greener than Charlie’s Green Man.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Escobar + D'Angelo = Vinci

I'm curious to see Aichner with a new gimmick, the guy can go in the ring and Imperium gave him no real character, but the gimmick they're rolling with feels so redundant to other guys already on the roster. We've got a bunch of rich, fashionable, high-class guys and a super Italian guy already. Will be curious to see how he fits into that and differentiates himself. By default the gimmick seems like a heel but it could be interesting to see him roll as a face against Tony D and maybe shit on him for going an immoral route and disgracing the heritage and playing into the stereotypes, just confront Tony's gimmick for what it is, a cartoon mafia man. Otherwise, I feel like if Vinci's just there to be another guy who looks down his nose at everyone because he's got money and fancy cars and $1000 suits, etc., it's going to be pretty same ol', same ol'.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if they’ll bother to repackage Azeez or just let him go? Probably should just let him go, he was greener than Charlie’s Green Man.
    They should just have him and Omos go back down to developmental and keep working. Keep them at the PC for a little while longer. They have some really impressive big men in terms of the visual, I'm even warming up to Shanky. I like that all of these giant dudes are paired up with people and not on their own-yet.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should just have him and Omos go back down to developmental and keep working. Keep them at the PC for a little while longer. They have some really impressive big men in terms of the visual, I'm even warming up to Shanky. I like that all of these giant dudes are paired up with people and not on their own-yet.
    Azeez is definitely the most green out of the three. I can’t see Omos being sent back down any time soon. Definitely still a far cry from the working giants we’ve seen but still serves a purpose in terms of spectacle and I don’t think having him work the hardest is their big concern. Shanky ehhhh not in love with the dancing gimmick just now tbh as there’s more charismatic big men that have done that shit better. He can work a bit though and still has some upside like Omos. Azeez was really that bad in the ring IMO that I can’t see the same upside for him and it would take a lot of work to get him up to speed and I’m not sure if they can/would invest that time on him when they’ve got their big men more than covered. I could see him being future endeavoured but I guess we’ll see.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Azeez is definitely the most green out of the three. I can’t see Omos being sent back down any time soon. Definitely still a far cry from the working giants we’ve seen but still serves a purpose in terms of spectacle and I don’t think having him work the hardest is their big concern. Shanky ehhhh not in love with the dancing gimmick just now tbh as there’s more charismatic big men that have done that shit better. He can work a bit though and still has some upside like Omos. Azeez was really that bad in the ring IMO that I can’t see the same upside for him and it would take a lot of work to get him up to speed and I’m not sure if they can/would invest that time on him when they’ve got their big men more than covered. I could see him being future endeavoured but I guess we’ll see.
    All 3 fit under the same category. Super green, won't last on their own, minimal training, simply there for the spectacle.

You do know they've sent people back down to the PC/developmental to get better even after debuting on the main roster. I'm not saying it's the right call I'm saying if they want these guys to improve and last, they should be at the PC. They can still do both. Or they can fire him, IDGAF either way they all suck and have no real upside beyond what they're already doing which is fine, but it'll get old.

I'll be shocked if any of the 4 giants we've seen (4th is the big dude in NXT) in the company 2 years from now. Shanky will probably survive because he's Khali's boy and the WWE have a great relationship with him. Shanky would be over if he didn't look like an idiot.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All 3 fit under the same category. Super green, won't last on their own, minimal training, simply there for the spectacle.

You do know they've sent people back down to the PC/developmental to get better even after debuting on the main roster. I'm not saying it's the right call I'm saying if they want these guys to improve and last, they should be at the PC. They can still do both. Or they can fire him, IDGAF either way they all suck and have no real upside beyond what they're already doing which is fine, but it'll get old.

I'll be shocked if any of the 4 giants we've seen (4th is the big dude in NXT) in the company 2 years from now. Shanky will probably survive because he's Khali's boy and the WWE have a great relationship with him. Shanky would be over if he didn't look like an idiot.
    Yeah I know, I’m well aware of that but as far as Omos goes, he has shown glimpses of personality on TV. I saw him on UUDD once and his real self is quite funny so they can go through with a change when the monster act goes stale. He is a bit slow in the ring but I don’t think (at this stage) anyway they’d send him back down. If his ring work really degrades then perhaps but they’ve got enough to cover that at this stage anyway. His matches with Lashley haven’t been THAT bad. There was the short AJ match but put that down to silly booking more than Omos. Shanky has some as well at least even if the gimmick is a bit cringe but at least he’s trying with it. I’m not sure what they can do with Azeez. Maybe put this down to not knowing enough about the guy but other than size, haven’t seen much else on the upside.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know, I’m well aware of that but as far as Omos goes, he has shown glimpses of personality on TV. I saw him on UUDD once and his real self is quite funny so they can go through with a change when the monster act goes stale. He is a bit slow in the ring but I don’t think (at this stage) anyway they’d send him back down. If his ring work really degrades then perhaps but they’ve got enough to cover that at this stage anyway. His matches with Lashley haven’t been THAT bad. There was the short AJ match but put that down to silly booking more than Omos. Shanky has some as well at least even if the gimmick is a bit cringe but at least he’s trying with it. I’m not sure what they can do with Azeez. Maybe put this down to not knowing enough about the guy but other than size, haven’t seen much else on the upside.
    I'm not saying this is an apples to apples comparison but keep in mind, they sent Big Show and Mark Henry back down to developmental and it was a combo of getting in better shape AND getting better in the ring. Big Show was a multiple promotional World champion when they did that.

Azeez, probably the end of him. IMHO he was done when Strowman beat his ass on Raw Underground. But in terms of Omos, Shanky, I think a little polish won't hurt. I don't really see any of these guys lasting or improving beyond what we've seen. I'd rather just have Omos around and they focus on tightening up whatever he has to offer. And if that's just him being big standing next to guys so be it.

There's no excuses that need to be made for these guys from us as this is probably as good as they're going to get. Even if they keep polishing their skillset, it's not much of a skillset.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word is Azeez is now listed internally as an NXT guy, too. As for him being green, dude's been with them since 2016, if he's still this rough at this point, not sure if he'll get much better.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Word is Azeez is now listed internally as an NXT guy, too. As for him being green, dude's been with them since 2016, if he's still this rough at this point, not sure if he'll get much better.
    I'll be 200% honest. I liked him as the focal point of Raw Underground. He somewhat looked like the main bad guy in the movie Lionheart to me. I haven't really watched any matches of his beyond that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dolph went to NXT, won the World title and now is doing what? Playing 2nd fiddle to his brother backstage at AEW.

Azeez will go to NXT, win the World title, and then come back and beat Roman.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be 200% honest. I liked him as the focal point of Raw Underground. He somewhat looked like the main bad guy in the movie Lionheart to me. I haven't really watched any matches of his beyond that.
    I've always had an eye for the dude just 'cuz he looks cool. Was eager to see what he could do whenever he made it to TV. Then he made it to TV and...eeehhh.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geezo, was not aware he’d been around that long and also forgot about him being on Raw Underground (had burned that shit from my memory lol).

Yeah definitely cut their losses with him by now at this point.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always had an eye for the dude just 'cuz he looks cool. Was eager to see what he could do whenever he made it to TV. Then he made it to TV and...eeehhh.
    He's in a stupid fuckin gimmick I'll give you that. Again, I've barely seen him work and looking up his win/loss record it doesn't look like he wrestles that much and when he does, usually with Apollo. What I've seen, passable. I think if he would've had the Raw UG gimmick going on it'd be 100x better. Like Batista. Imagine seeing him OVW...and then you see him on Smackdown as a sidekick who could barely get in the ring without tearing his shoulder. Not saying dude is going to be Batista but shit if they want him to be something they have to put in more effort.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per Meltzer, Troy ‘Two Dimes’ Donovan of the D'Angelo family was let go yesterday. This wasn't a budget or creative decision, but a policy issue and he was told he may be brought back in a year.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh no, not Two Dime.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh no, not Two Dime.
    Should’ve got his two cents….sorry dimes in before they decided to let him go.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hopefully he comes back as Four Nickels

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he comes back he can be 'Two Times'. If he's having trouble making cents out of the situation, he should remember 'the one constant in life is change'. (Not sure who coined that phrase.)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A quarter of me misses him already.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate everything about Tony D. I can't stand his style in the ring, his finisher, his gimmick is something I'm not sure would've been acceptable even during the Occupation Era I mean New Generation Era.

Sometimes gimmicks that are "outdated" can be somewhat cool in a nostalgic way but this is like a really, really bad SNL segment with Jim Breur as Joe Pesci that won't fuckin end.

It is funny how different a mega stereotypical white gimmick is met with zero negativity but Cryme Tyme was the end of the world for some of you white apologists.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate everything about Tony D. I can't stand his style in the ring, his finisher, his gimmick is something I'm not sure would've been acceptable even during the Occupation Era I mean New Generation Era.

Sometimes gimmicks that are "outdated" can be somewhat cool in a nostalgic way but this is like a really, really bad SNL segment with Jim Breur as Joe Pesci that won't fuckin end.

It is funny how different a mega stereotypical white gimmick is met with zero negativity but Cryme Tyme was the end of the world for some of you white apologists.
    I like Tony, but he along with the majority of NXT 2.0 is still too inexperienced for TV. He's onto something with this over the top mob cliche shtick though. He's embracing it and on the road to making it his own, and that alone makes me thinks this little plant deserves more water to grow. In the ring, he's still kinda boring, but at least he's mechanically sound. I do think his gimmick is straight out of WWE's bastard version of ECW though. I'm so 50/50 with Tony that a thin breeze could topple me over any which way.

The Cryme Tyme stuff is pointless.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I like Tony, but he along with the majority of NXT 2.0 is still too inexperienced for TV. He's onto something with this over the top mob cliche shtick though. He's embracing it and on the road to making it his own, and that alone makes me thinks this little plant deserves more water to grow. In the ring, he's still kinda boring, but at least he's mechanically sound. I do think his gimmick is straight out of WWE's bastard version of ECW though. I'm so 50/50 with Tony that a thin breeze could topple me over any which way.

The Cryme Tyme stuff is pointless.
    Not if you're Italian. What's with the accent? He's from Illinois. That's 3 hours east of where I live. The accents don't change that drastically lol. Well, then again some of these mugs that live in IA and IL have that redneck Simpsons voice down.

I feel you on the WWECW comment. It's like if WWECW decided to make their own version of Da Baldies. A PG version of an already shit stable. I also think that the gimmicks are not only put on green talent but the gimmicks don't feel very well thought out. And then there's gimmicks that have no place being cool like Wendy Chu and the shit is pretty entertaining. IDK.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Damn good five minutes from NXT right here.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Saw that match last night. That spear and the Jackhammer move both looked rough.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone want me to write my usual review?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's with people in NXT wrestling in their pajamas? First Wendy Choo and now Joe Gacy's minions.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone want me to write my usual review?
    only if you want to, but I would enjoy reading it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick hits:

-Amusing to see Stacks and Two Dimes get promoted or celebrated or whatever knowing one them of them is already out the door. Will be curious to see if/how they explain that in a couple of weeks.

-Tag title match was solid and a nice contrast of styles.

-Choo blasting Stratton with confetti (in the tits) right in front of the ref was dumb. Stratton/Choo feuding is fine, though, as I like them both.

-The Apollo Crews vignette was super wierd. he's taking about time and correcting his past in NXT and all but then there's this weird fantasy sequences where he fucking assaults an asshole in a diner and then..real life, the whole thing repeats, and he fucking assaults a man in a diner for realz. ...whut?

-Quinn/Lee was good, as it is every time, but too short and this time Lee won again with a real finisher. Wish these guys could've gone on to have a PLE-type match 'cuz I think they could really put on a killer with more time. Quinn/Sanga is a bit interesting to me but Sanga needs to be rebuilt, if possible, and Quinn being on the losing end of this feud with Lee really should win, so...

-Holy shit the Dyad wrestled in their stupid-ass cartoon pajamas. Ridiculous.

-Breakker squashing Hudson was fine for what it was.

-With that entrance, Vinci should be working for Max Dupri. As for the match, as you'd expect, dude delivered in the ring. The new gimmick, though? Still not sure what the deal is. The entrance didn't seem to fit and in-ring he just did moves and was good but no real character work was shown there. So, who knows.

-TrickMelo vs. Stacks/Two Dimes felt like filler and i didn't care much.

-No offense to the ladies in the main event but I kind of checked out in the middle of it. It was fine but I didn't really get pulled into the story as it's always just babyfaces trying to shut down TA all the time and no titles were on the line so just wasn't that thrilled about it. Indi as a solo act does seem lacking to me.

-Grimes starting to be a bit more of a dickhead this week was refreshing. Getting a shot at Breakker is a bit out of order but I don't mind it, match should be a dandy and maybe Grimes'll put his NXT career on he line (lose and get called up?).

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As kinda silly yet entertaining as this Mafia thing is, I think in the long run this will be great for an Escobar face run when he finally decides he’s had enough. If he accidentally on purpose costs Tony the match against Melo for the NA title, could go a long way to pushing that as I think really the fans are dying to cheer for him. Face run has definite potential as been heel pretty much the whole time I think.

Choo stuff right now is indeed silly but if she has that break-out moment where she wants to be serious it could be good but not holding out.

Stole my thoughts about Vinci/Aichner. Maybe they might go that route in time, call him up then add him to the stable. Gunther going wtf could be interesting.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It definitely feels like Escobar is heading for a face run. When the right time comes, just have Joaquin and Cruz stab him in the back and side with Tony and you're good to go.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Grimes starting to be a bit more of a dickhead this week was refreshing. Getting a shot at Breakker is a bit out of order but I don't mind it, match should be a dandy and maybe Grimes'll put his NXT career on he line (lose and get called up?).
    I'd have title versus career and have Grimes win. Then Breakker puts his career on the line for the championship, then loses and call Breakker up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Five Takeaways:
    So the creative figures in NXT must really like Alba, Vinci, and McDonagh because rather than dumping them, they’re just randomly trying to repackage them. With that, makes sense that the one fka Devlin was going to come back after he lost his right to be in NXT UK after losing to Dragunov. Let the Mustache Mountain implosion run it’s course relatively quickly and bring Tyler Bate (as Tyler Bate) to 2.0. Side note, why the hell is the closing shot of McDonagh a wink but he’s wearing sunglasses? Hahaha.

I’m moderately intrigued with what they’re ultimately trying to accomplish with Wes Lee. He got dealt a bad hand with the tag team dismantling and then they’ve been trying to re-establish him as a solo act. Overly moody yes, but he’s pretty good at trying to get a character across on screen through nonverbal actions and even more so through verbal actions tonight. The jousting between Williams and Lee was good, and we’re going to see if Williams can develop in the ring with a good worker in there with him. The fact they’re willing to let him fight his own battles without Hayes being around is a nice touch too.

Whoever is running 2.0 needs to just hire Crews to manage the parking lot. Seems like he’s got badass heroics on his mind and will likely clean that disaster area up in due time.

Kayden and Katana sounded dumb as hell getting mad that Roxanne and Cora were going to call their shot and challenge Toxic Attraction for the tag titles. K&K lost, and Roxanne won a tournament to earn a championship shot. Sucks to suck, but they had their chance and lost. Booking a No. 1 contenders match between them doesn’t make sense because Roxanne and Cora can lose and still challenge Toxic Attraction lol.

Based on how pointless the segments have been the last few days, I halfway assumed Vince was going to show up here to announce that the main event of the night was D’Angelo against Hayes for the NA Championship. Seemed like the match was more about the angle than the match itself, which is fine, I guess. D’Angelo can work a straightforward match but I’m not sure he’s at a stage where he can help elevate a match to a higher gear. Legado screwed The Don, and I guess we’re ready for the next step there. As for Hayes, Sikoa should be the ideal choice but he’s stuck in 50-50 booking land with Waller.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    NXT 2.0 is missing something. It appears to be too bright, and most of the talent having no identity. The talent seem interchangeable.