0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post

11 minute mini-doc on Drake Maverick.
    He's totally losing tonight then lol

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw that Karrion Kross will have a match to kick off tonight's show.

Also, Dexter Lumis vs. Roderick Strong was announced for tonight, too.

Plus:

Rhea Ripley vs. Io Shirai

Maverick vs. Kushida

El Hijo de Fantasma vs. Tozawa

Great line up.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drake about to win then Nese though out of the tournament decides to be a dick and costs him.
    @Donald

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw that Karrion Kross will have a match to kick off tonight's show.

Also, Dexter Lumis vs. Roderick Strong was announced for tonight, too.

Plus:

Rhea Ripley vs. Io Shirai

Maverick vs. Kushida

El Hijo de Fantasma vs. Tozawa

Great line up.
    Strong is losing or it's getting a shmoz finish. I'll be interested to see how Lumis works with a very strong hand.

Another shmoz finish incoming with the women's match but that makes sense for the bigger picture.

I joked about Maverick losing but he's either losing or they're creating a triple threat. The more I think about it, I just think Triple H and company couldn't find another body to fill in for the tournament and they're just making compelling television. It's odd in the big picture, but it worked.

I imagine we're getting 2-3 matches lined up for Takeover: IYH, and some slight clarity on what Cole is doing for Takeover.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Team Drake Maverick with Dexter, and then just start printing the fucking money.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Team Drake Maverick with Dexter, and then just start printing the fucking money.
    With Drake Wuertz as their official referee, where he constantly slithers to make the count or ask the person if they want to tap.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd have Tony Nese take out Drake Maverick before the match, and takes his place in the tournament. He will beat Kushida, and then go on to win the CW title.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That shotzi promo tho

Oh, it's Mia now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love Mauro, and his Wu-Tang references.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was not a fan of that Shotzi segment. Cringe central.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I may finally be interested in something Mia Yim is involved in

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    All aboard the Lumis train.

That match with Roddy was pretty great

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing an increase in Lumis love on here makes me happy face.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kross makes pretty basic moves look very devastating. You can't go wrong with that. His size really stood out when Ciampa stood right up to him. That's a very alluring component to Kross when you look at his overall upside. The build to Ciampa and Kross should be really solid and built off some strong intensity. Ciampa pointing out Kross had a "killer" entrance...I get it! Scarlett is just as interesting as Kross with what she delivers so that's a great combination between the two of them. There's something about the circumstances that screams to me that the finish for that match isn't going to be formulaic.

Interesting to see EHDF go from tights to trunks. You had to know Tozawa was fresh as hell because he didn't have to job out on Monday for Raw, so EHDF had his work cut out for him. The match didn't seem like it hit that highest gear possible but it was good. EHDF, especially compared to Tozawa, didn't really have the selling chops for a match as back and forth as it was. I hope there's a resolution to the kidnapping component "loosely" associated due to proximity to EHDF soon as it needs a new layer or a reveal now.

Thatcher and Riddle is going to be like Shayna and Natalya from Raw but on steroids. A hybrid of the Lion's Den and Bloodsport between those two will be bonkers. Considering the setting, I would've saved that for Takeover (considering an alternative could have been swapping it with Bálor/Priest) but I'm guessing Takeover is still going to be stacked and this allows a regular episode of NXT to be elevated.

Shotzi got a big-ass tank lol. The whole promo felt like a reality show segment to provide exposition. That said, I like the comparison they made with her in regards to the tank. While she's lacking a big frame, she's very tough and hard to take down and that's come across in the few times we've seen her. Putting the division on notice seems pretty rushed for her and the delivery felt a little scattered, but I like how they took the time to give her some motivation and direction.

Gargano is adapting to being a heel more smoothly than Candice, to me. It feels forced for her, mainly because she doesn't sound natural when she's talking. The inevitable mixed tag match should be good, and Gargano/Lee at Takeover is going to be a banger.

I'm glad they didn't completely drop the ball in terms of capitalizing on the momentum-building win for Grimes. More definitely seems like a good thing for Grimes. I like that he's over the top with his delivery and it just makes you want to despise him more, especially now that he has confidence and can back it up with a highly-valuable win.

There was SO much to take away from the Strong/Lumis match. The hesitancy Strong showed with Lumis even before the bell rang spoke volumes for how they want to portray Lumis. Strong is a former NA champ and a really strong technical wrestler and Lumis has only just been around for a minute, yet Strong was rattled by him. It's becoming extremely apparent Lumis has a unique presentation that very few people could actually pull off. He doesn't have a flashy offense but that doesn't hurt him at all. He more than makes up with that with psychology and in-match storytelling. His stoic or downright creepy reaction (without verbalizing it) when he's attacking and selling is unique stuff. I enjoyed the finish because Strong had to outwit Lumis just to survive and the postmatch stuff shows that the loss shouldn't derail Lumis. The stuff with Dream and the rest of UE will keep things fresh, though Dream is the least interesting component to it all, for me. The fortuitous juice for Lumis as he was cradling Strong was a great visual.

Am I supposed to see anything other than a knock-off Young Bucks vibe to Ever-Rise? Lorcan/Burch versus Imperium is going to be good shit.

I love how subtly or outright deliberately Kushida will go for the arm to set up his submission. He can go about it so many different ways. The second Atlas came out, I knew things were looking up for Maverick. Whether it was going to be interference or something else, him being in the background was going to allude to the triple threat component. Good storytelling for Maverick within the course of the match and that only built the tension as he kept approaching the brink of elimination with the submission attempts by Kushida. I think the finish was resourceful enough for Maverick, considering the circumstances. The triple threat is going to be all gas, no breaks and a fitting way to end group action for the tournament.

New Iron graphics for Io was a nice touch. It's really a shame that a big match such as Io/Rhea didn't have a crowd and was just a transition to the bigger picture but that's the hand they were dealt. Was really enjoying how the match was going after the commercial break, but that obviously led to what they were building towards. The Takeover match will be fantastic, and I'm curious to see which way they go with the finish.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good show last night. Step up from the week before.

Kross squashes are fun enough. Nice to see Tomaso back to step up the match for IYH. Looking forward to seeing what Kross can do in what should be a more competitive match.

Fantasma vs. Tozawa was good. Glad to see the kidnapping angle return but I think it's time for it to move forward a bit more.

Shotzi vignette was great. Love her. Said it before but her versus Charlotte for the belt would be a great feud so I hope she gets there.

For some reason it didn't even occur to me last week that Yim/Lee were a couple when the Garganos talked about them over dinner but then it clicked when Lee made the save. Dig that Yim/Lee are getting to work together in a real-life couples feud.

Lumis vs. Strong was very good. The little things that Lumis did throughout were excellent character work. "STOP LOOKING AT ME!!" A-OK with him losing because the match did so much to establish him as a character. But goddamn, the best part was post-match when he's got Strong in the hold and takes REPEATED BOOTS TO THE FACE without so much as flinching and just sits there with a trickle of blood like a motherfucking badass. Holy shit, that bit alone sold me 100% on the man. Nice to see Dream make the save, decent camera tricks on that elbow to the outside. I suspect it'll be UE versus Dream/Lumis and maybe a mystery partner at IYH.

Skipped the tag team match. I guess they gave up on Indus Sher.

Kushida vs. Maverick was good, Drake's screaming and persistence started getting a little uncomfortable and i thought Atlas was actually going to throw in the towel for him. Dig the triple threat set up.

Rhea vs. Io was real good while it lasted and the obvious Charlotte appearance/interference was fine. Triple threat for IYH sounds really good to me.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought Atlas would maybe help Drake win the match and then turn on him after he got the triple threat. I think that would've been more interesting

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Helping Drake win and a possible heel turn both crossed my mind, too.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know nothing about Atlas though

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lumis vs. Strong was very good. The little things that Lumis did throughout were excellent character work. "STOP LOOKING AT ME!!" A-OK with him losing because the match did so much to establish him as a character. But goddamn, the best part was post-match when he's got Strong in the hold and takes REPEATED BOOTS TO THE FACE without so much as flinching and just sits there with a trickle of blood like a motherfucking badass. Holy shit, that bit alone sold me 100% on the man. Nice to see Dream make the save, decent camera tricks on that elbow to the outside. I suspect it'll be UE versus Dream/Lumis and maybe a mystery partner at IYH.
    I went into the episode expecting a better idea of what was going to happen for Cole and the title picture at Takeover. I think we've gotten the answer: it's on pause.
    I think we're going to see Dream and Lumis versus Cole and Strong, because the idea of rehashing Cole and Dream at Takeover doesn't sound appealing.

Taking it a step further, I think they create tension within the match between Lumis and Dream, allowing UE to move forward, Cole gets a new challenger, we get a weird as hell feud between Dream and Lumis...which could be a disaster or an outright super appealing midcard feud.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After last week's miscommunication, I was thinking we might have Dream vs. Lumis en route to IYH for number one contendership and/or maybe it'd be a triple threat. I think you're right that there'll be problems between Dream/Lumis at IYH and they'll get a feud going, still might be for who gets the title shot, as well. And yeah, it will be weird AF.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After last week's miscommunication, I was thinking we might have Dream vs. Lumis en route to IYH for number one contendership and/or maybe it'd be a triple threat. I think you're right that there'll be problems between Dream/Lumis at IYH and they'll get a feud going, still might be for who gets the title shot, as well. And yeah, it will be weird AF.
    I definitely wouldn't have Dream/Lumis on IYH. I kind of see the idea of the triple threat but I think you need Strong in the mix via tag to keep the odds good in terms of the match not going off the rails. I think we're still setting up for Lee and Bálor to be the ones who actually take Cole down but he needs to go through this and those two need to finish up what they're doing (presumably with Lee dropping the belt) before they move on to new things.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 01: 1,179,000 viewers
    Week 02: 1,006,000 viewers
    Week 03: 891,000 viewers
    Week 04: 790,000 viewers
    Week 05: 714,000 viewers
    Week 06: 698,000 viewers
    Week 07: 580,000 viewers
    Week 08: 813,000 viewers
    Week 09: 750,000 viewers
    Week 10: 916,000 (first week to beat AEW)
    Week 11: 810,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 12: 845,000 viewers
    Week 13: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 14: 795,000 viewers (win and win all the demos)
    Week 15: 831,000 viewers (unopposed and Christmas Day)
    Week 16: 548,000 viewers (review and awards show)
    Week 17: 721,000 viewers (not in the top 50 for cable programming for the 18-49 demographic)
    Week 18: 700,000 viewers
    Week 19: 769,000 viewers
    Week 20: 712,000 viewers
    Week 21: 770,000 viewers
    Week 22: 757,000 viewers
    Week 23: 794,000 viewers
    Week 24: 717,000 viewers
    Week 25: 718,000 viewers
    Week 26: 697,000 viewers
    Week 27: 542,000 viewers
    Week 28: 669,000 viewers
    Week 29: 590,000 viewers
    Week 30: 693,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 31: 692,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 32: 665,000 viewers
    Week 33: 637,000 viewers
    Week 34: 663,000 viewers
    Week 35: 604,000 viewers
    Week 36: 592,000 viewers

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was mildly surprised Strong beat Lumis clean because it’s not the typical route these things go, would’ve expected a DQ. Not a complaint because it was handled very well to keep Lumis strong, just an observation.

The fact Dream remains in the conversation seems to bode well for his investigation.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Angle’s going to be the ref in the Thatcher/Riddle cage match.

Unexpected surprise.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ripley and Shirai vs Charlotte and partner of her choosing announced for this week’s NXT too.
    Last edited by Badger; May 23rd, 2020 at 3:44 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice surprise with Kurt considering they just released him. Curious if him being ref will play into the match in any way.

Candace LaRae for Charlotte's partner? Dakota Kai?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I figure Thatcher gets the win since they're comparing him to Angle.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice surprise with Kurt considering they just released him. Curious if him being ref will play into the match in any way.

Candace LaRae for Charlotte's partner? Dakota Kai?
    they did tease that Charlotte was interested in Candace on the Bump I think, so I could see that

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    I figure Thatcher gets the win since they're comparing him to Angle.
    LOL seriously? There's nothing the 2 have in common beyond being a little ground submission heavy. Thatcher is not a legit wrestler or fighter he just plays one on tv.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Thatcher is a legit hardass.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    LOL seriously? There's nothing the 2 have in common beyond being a little ground submission heavy. Thatcher is not a legit wrestler or fighter he just plays one on tv.
    You are correct. They have nothing in common outside the things they do have in common.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Kushida v Maverick match was so fucking good in terms of the story told.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    You are correct. They have nothing in common outside the things they do have in common.
    So why compare him to Kurt Angle because he does a little submission work? Plenty of wrestlers out there that do submission work even more than what Thatcher does in the WWE and I don't see them getting compared to Kurt Angle in this manner. At least when they compare Dolph to HBK there's more than just they're agile.

That's just setting up the dude for failure. Even the way he does grappling in pro wrestling isn't like Angle. Thatcher is that slow, pretty Johnny Saint stuff whereas Angle is more American style heavy on trying to actually fuck you up as opposed to just working the joints.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    What's pretty about Thatcher's wrestling?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's pretty about Thatcher's wrestling?
    The transitions are really smooth but not in a way that looks like he's trying to actually hurt his opponent.

Just because you train as a pro wrestler to be like a Kurt Angle doesn't mean you're going to be like Kurt Angle. It's like an actor being convincing as Michael Jordan in a movie despite not being Michael Jordan, or even a pro basketball player. Just because a dude snatches an ankle lock that looks worse than Cena's STF doesn't mean=Next Kurt Angle.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Now that the Masked Singer is over, I can devote my Wednesday evenings to either Dynamite or NXT.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Who are the assholes booing Drake Maverick?

Edit - nevermind they're booing everybody...

Kushida kinda fell on his head there.
    Kinda glad Rockstar Spud won.
    Last edited by Horatio; May 27th, 2020 at 8:17 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice opener. Drake vs. HDP

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    That's the most I've enjoyed Keith Lee thus far. Good segment.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I like how they're keeping the heat between Kai and Nox. Those two should never be even.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, Shotzi. Don't do that trust fall again. Jesus that could have been bad.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    That's the second time I've seen Shotzi do something absolutely insane. Makes me want to check out her indy wrestling to see if she's really looney.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the second time I've seen Shotzi do something absolutely insane. Makes me want to check out her indy wrestling to see if she's really looney.
    Shotzi's nuts, the shit I've seen her pull back here is Oakland WWE would never allow. She's durable, but holy frick she can't be doing that shit anymore.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Yeah, that was scary.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Io and Rhea made an awesome team. I can really get behind Io if she's a baby.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Much deserved video package for Lorcan and Burch. I hope they turn some heads feuding w/ Imperium.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Not a fan of Ciampa, but I'm eager to see him vs Kross. Seems like a legit battle of egos.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An O'Connor Roll into an Everest German Suplex was a heck of a look by Kushida. Atlas has looked impressive in this tournament, with this match being a standout. I thought he would just get a slow rollout during the tournament and then take some time to develop but I think we're at the point where they should work to develop his character now. I don't get the logistics of how the Avalanche Armbar doesn't do serious/legit damage to an arm but it looks cool as hell. The finish was certainly interesting. I like the added touch to show the replay after the break. It protected Kushida and feed into being compelled to root for Maverick. Good and creative stuff. I'm surprised they're doing the Finals next week and just not saving it for Takeover.

The dueling dinner promos was an interesting way to continue the banter going between Mia/Candice and Lee/Gargano. Mia looked way more gritty and tough compared to what Candice has been trying to do with her turn. It probably doesn't help that Gargano kind of swoops in and overshadows her with his charisma and delivery.

Shotzi and Raquel looked like they were trying to do too much, too soon within the match but those two have some pretty unique chemistry together. Raquel's power moves look really imposing. There's something about her strength and balance that makes it all click. Hell of a spill on that coffin drop by Shotzi. Sheesh.

Good set of vignettes for Imperium and Burch/Lorcan. Feels like that was the first bit of character development for the latter in forever.

Really good mention of Hana by Ranallo. Chelsea made sense as a partner for Charlotte. They're looking to push Chelsea, it can come off as a strong sign for the Robert Stone brand, etc. etc. I like how the story was framed: Io was focused on the match and Rhea was too focused on getting Charlotte. Interesting wrinkle to help continue a push for Chelsea that she took a bullet for Charlotte that helped set up the win.

Regal is such a great authority figure. "But if you want to forego those discussions, then keep acting like a 'bay-bay'." I guess we're going to get some kind of cinematic match or setup for Dream and Cole. The last cinematic match for NXT wasn't a consensus fan favorite so I can see why they'd want to have another go at it.

Great combination of Scarlett lurking and Kross' promo. I liked the touch of just having the camera locked on his eyes. I think we're going to see a finish at Takeover where Ciampa is just knocked the hell out and unable to finish the match. I think that's going to be a way to give Kross an emphatic Takeover win, protects Ciampa by not taking a pin or tapping out, and they can circle back to it if they want to.

Fight Pit isn't a bad name change from Lion's Den. I like how they creatively covered the possible awkwardness of everyone getting into the Fight Pit. Love the graphics for the guys prior to the match. NXT has dabbled in creative prematch graphics and they're always good. They set the tone super early for the physicality. Great visuals with the doctor checking Thatcher. That was a brutal match. The finish felt kind of rushed but you kind of set that tone with the type of match they were in. Really good stuff and those were two guys who were perfect for the setting.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Great stuff from Riddle and Thatcher. Riddle is great with a sprint but usually his opponents are especially spotty at give and take with him. And Thatcher doesn't even get enough credit for the beatings he takes -- he works snug but he is the type to give two teeth rather than take two. I'm sure the reaction to this match will be mixed but I thought it was a lot of fun.

I also like that Thatcher is getting wins with whatever finisher works. They're not changing that about him.
    Last edited by Horatio; May 27th, 2020 at 10:06 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid show tonight despite the distinct lack of Lumis. I have to admit, I think I might enjoy wrestling more without a crowd. Call me crazy but having "fans" back tonight was almost too much noise for me and almost felt distracting. I think I was adjusted and comfortable. Weird.

Opening triple threat was solid. Clever finish and I dig Kushida being a class act and admitting the win to Maverick. I kind of suspect the kidnapping stuff's going to affect next week's title match in some way, either the outcome of the match or maybe cause it to not happen or finish.

Loved Mia and Keith's parody of the Gargano's dinner segments. The flashlight stuff mocking the effects was particularly amusing.

Shotzi and Raquel did real well, lots of good reversals and exchanges and a nice clash of styles that worked really well. But HOLY SHIT that trust fall whiff was scary as fuck.
    @Melly called Chelsea as Charlotte's partner while i was still guessing. I had figured Candace but after she was all over the first part of the show I was struggling to think of someone else. Green makes sense. Good tag match.

I thought the Cole/Regal thing was going to be live in the ring and might include an appearance from Dream and/or Lumis so just a video chat was a bit disappointing. But it was fine. Now that he title match is set, it's the stip about Dream not getting a shot that has me intrigued. Now I'm wondering if Lumis might cost Dream the match...

Ciampa squash was fun, stuff with Scarlett/Kross worked well. Bg's probably on point about how the IYH match will go, could see Ciampa passing out in the Krossjacket.

Dig the Fight Pit set up, looks pretty badass and worked real well as an environment, hopefully we see it used again down the line. Match itself was pretty good. The teeth bit was probably a work, yeah? I kept looking to see if Thatcher was legit missing teeth the rest of the match. They did well to make it intense and convincing and Thatcher got a nice big win to put him over as a nasty badass and Riddle's likely moving on so say the rumors so a good way to go out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid show tonight despite the distinct lack of Lumis.
    Catch you boy on Cameo.

I thought the Cole/Regal thing was going to be live in the ring and might include an appearance from Dream and/or Lumis so just a video chat was a bit disappointing. But it was fine. Now that he title match is set, it's the stip about Dream not getting a shot that has me intrigued. Now I'm wondering if Lumis might cost Dream the match...
    The more I think about this segment, the more I like it. It was framed well, even with the limitations they're working with. The stip is interesting and it does leave the door open for either result. If Dream loses, he's just out of the picture until Cole loses (which is likely bound to be shorty after this feud). If Cole loses, there's a big unknown setup for him and UE. Still think it's going to end up being Cole retaining but they're quelling my concern with the ways they could work the match up via the cinematic route.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever Dunne comes back, would it be better them being a heel team or Dunne objects to Thatcher's treatment of Riddle and they pick up and they feud?

Hapoy with either but leaning to the latter because that would be tasty and brutal.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Regal really is the perfect authority figure. Only gets involved when shit goes down.

Authority figures can work if they don't plaster them all over the show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Chelsea fired Robert Stone after the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Whenever Dunne comes back, would it be better them being a heel team or Dunne objects to Thatcher's treatment of Riddle and they pick up and they feud?

Hapoy with either but leaning to the latter because that would be tasty and brutal.
    I doubt the tag team is likely the route they go because if people are back, GYV are a team that are in a better position to get pushed as a heel tag team. If not, just do whatever you feel is best for the two of them. Having Thatcher and Dunne square off is perfectly fine but I'm skeptical of what happens for Dunne after the fact. Dunne is probably going to have a harder time getting over as a face without someone as charismatic as Riddle to navigate him.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Apparently Chelsea fired Robert Stone after the show.

I doubt the tag team is likely the route they go because if people are back, GYV are a team that are in a better position to get pushed as a heel tag team. If not, just do whatever you feel is best for the two of them. Having Thatcher and Dunne square off is perfectly fine but I'm skeptical of what happens for Dunne after the fact. Dunne is probably going to have a harder time getting over as a face without someone as charismatic as Riddle to navigate him.
    Although Dunne was already quite over before the Broserweights.

Can see your points about having them drawbacks of the team but even taking Riddle out the equation and just having a badass competitive rivalry or even a title shot at stake would work. Always an excuse to have that match.

Dunne also would be a decentchoice for a main roster call-up. Thatcher too early.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although Dunne was already quite over before the Broserweights.

Can see your points about having them drawbacks of the team but even taking Riddle out the equation and just having a badass competitive rivalry or even a title shot at stake would work. Always an excuse to have that match.

Dunne also would be a decentchoice for a main roster call-up. Thatcher too early.
    The outlook is plateaued either way because the depth is so strong in NXT, but I think Dunne's ceiling is capped relatively low on the face side but pretty high as a heel. Like I can see a heel Dunne being a singles champ in NXT. I have a harder time seeing that as a face.

Just seems to me the prospects of a feud between Dunne and Thatcher are more appealing and entertaining than as a tag team.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The outlook is plateaued either way because the depth is so strong in NXT, but I think Dunne's ceiling is capped relatively low on the face side but pretty high as a heel. Like I can see a heel Dunne being a singles champ in NXT. I have a harder time seeing that as a face.

Just seems to me the prospects of a feud between Dunne and Thatcher are more appealing and entertaining than as a tag team.
    Oh yeah, Dunne/Thatcher singles I think is more appealing. Also great potential in Dunne as a heel but he has worked as a singles NXT (UK) champ for a long time before. If they were to do Dunne vs Thatcher, Dunne would probably have to be the face in that one cos I think he's who the crowd would root for. Dunne going back heel in the future though is a real possibility.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I have to admit, I think I might enjoy wrestling more without a crowd.

The teeth bit was probably a work, yeah? I kept looking to see if Thatcher was legit missing teeth the rest of the match.
    I do, too. AEW has some good "characters" but the heel section last night was awful with the moaning and groaning. They sounded like wailers.

I noticed two molars he had missing after the match. One off the top and one off the bottom.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 17: 721,000 viewers (not in the top 50 for cable programming for the 18-49 demographic)
    Week 37: 731,000 viewers

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's a hell of a leap. Must be because I watched it this week/

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang, look at that jump.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think Angle might have had something to do with it?

What were AEW’s ratings?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What were AEW’s ratings?
    I doubt that was a major contributor. A factor, yes, but just one of many things. I think the biggest thing was there wasn't a UFC show on this Wednesday as opposed to last Wednesday. That, a unique match, a returning legend, a mystery opponent with three top women, etc.
    AEW was up, as well.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would have been higher if Dexter was on tho.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to admit, I think I might enjoy wrestling more without a crowd.
    Yeah I'm with ya. I can't stand the Ful Sail crowd 60% of the time. I like it when heels get booed for doing heel shit - I'd take no crowd at all over them getting cheered.

Shotzi/Gonzalez was a fucken banger. Loved all the shithousery with Dakota, Tegan & co on the outside. TV matches are great when they're like this. Save the clinics for matches that mean something.

The tag match sold me on Chelsea Green. She was real good in that.

I would fucken love it if Maverick is behind the kidnappings. EHDF is way too obvious for an NXT storyline.

Awesome main event. Really liked how the teeth thing was a good segue for the last ad break so that the last segment they can just go nuts.

Rajah Universal Champion Mikey73181's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it’s not gonna happen, but I would have loved if they used the old “house” entrance way for In Your House this weekend.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What were AEW’s ratings?
    North of 800,000.

Not 100% sure why the jump. It wasn't like the week before was truly any different than the average they've been pulling forever. That 600,000 region. AEW were up about 100,000 viewers as well and obviously most of this is crossover channel flipping so to speak.

I doubt that was a major contributor. A factor, yes, but just one of many things. I think the biggest thing was there wasn't a UFC show on this Wednesday as opposed to last Wednesday. That, a unique match, a returning legend, a mystery opponent with three top women, etc.
    AEW was up, as well.
    I don't think the UFC was that big of a factor when like I said above, it wasn't like last week was a number below the norm. That UFC card wasn't a drawing card outside of MAYBE Overeem and Claudia. Outside of those 2 fighters, naw.

I would say a combination of the show being pretty damn good still and this particular show had a quality build, solid matches, I think everything you mentioned outside of the UFC comment is spot-on. Plus, I think the more we see FANS, don't care what kind, it brings us back to a sense of normalcy.

Right now it's reminding me of being a really really young kid when once in a while we'd get to see the the SHOW World Championship Wrestling I think back in the late 80's, just like how that Powerrrr show is now with the small studio audience. So I'm not a fan of no crowd but I 'll take this crowd that looks like a local rap show lol.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still enjoy the majority of the show week to week. I just can’t adjust to the empty arenas and I just miss pre pandemic nXt and NXt uk. They are doing the best they can and it is good to see the show still getting some love on these forums.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On tap for tonight:

Drake Maverick vs. El Hio del Fantasma for the Interim Cruiserweight Championship.

Should be interesting to see if Maverick's redemption arc is completed with him succeeding and also whether or not all the kidnapping shit factors into this match's outcome at all. Good story stuff going into it, potential to be a banger.

Mia Yim vs. Candace LeRae
    Their men are battling Sunday but they're going at it tonight. Should be pretty intense and solid enough. Will be curious to see if any of Shotzi/Nox/Kai/Gonzales get involved. Reckon we might get a schmozzle leading to a six-women tag bout restart or maybe at IYH.

I think that's all that's being promoted so the rest of the show's wide open for final IYH hype and other surprises.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yim/LaRae leading to a mixed tag was another thought I'd had but didn't type above. Johnny is really becoming a little shit and I'm loving it. The car keys were clever. Gargano/Lee is going to be real good, i reckon, Johnny's gonna ping-pong all over for the big man, should be fun as hell.

When Dex was about to be interviewed, I was worried he was gonna talk, not that it'd ruin him but I was really hoping he's stay silent and then...he went the art route and I marked out. I thought they'd dropped that aspect of his character. Love it. Nice to see him pop up again later in the show, as well. I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing him at IYH in the Dream/Cole match.

The Dream/Cole Prime Target was pretty good other than when Dream turned into Prince in the mirror. The women's title one was also very good and Io in a deprivation tank was killer.

Nese/Scott was alright. Gallagher coming out seemed pretty pointless.

BREEZANGO!! I considered them for the mystery team but figured 'Dango's injury was far from healed so I marked out when I realized they were coming out. Super happy they're getting the shot, too. Surprised to see Indus Sher show up as they seemed to have dropped out of the picture for several weeks.

I'm not sure what they're doing with Stone and Aliyah exactly but it's mildly interesting.

When Grimes came out, I said to the wife, "I hope he's facing Bronson Reed," and I got my wish. Nice to see the Thicc Boi back on TV. Decent match, not the best Cave In though.

EHDF/Maverick was pretty good but didn't really hit a higher gear. Not surprised to see the masked guys appear and whether or not they're with Fantasma is still unclear (I think they will be). I'm still not 100% sold on EHDF living up to the hype yet. So, Maverick gets a happy ending after all thanks to a new contract from Papa Trips...so, was it all a storyline from the get go? Is this still a slap in the face to the folks that were legit let go? Or is this a nice feel good story for the folks at home dealing with the bullshit int he world?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll spare the lengthy recap because I came to my own conclusion that most of you DGAF about my opinion to read through them lol.

Prime Target for the Women's title was a first-rate promo package. Incredible way to tie everyone together as NXT generational powers collide.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I GAF! I always look forward to your weekly review! It's a vital part of the thread...

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll spare the lengthy recap because I came to my own conclusion that most of you DGAF about my opinion to read through them lol.

Prime Target for the Women's title was a first-rate promo package. Incredible way to tie everyone together as NXT generational powers collide.
    Your conclusion is wrong.

Also a lot of eye attacks these days. Not complaining as it’s a great heel move.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I like Maverick's reviews.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received some PMs and read your posts above, so I appreciate the views you all shared with me. I'll write something up later this evening. Thank you.

Might be a bit delayed in outlining the ratings later this afternoon, but I'll post that as well.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 37: 731,000 viewers
    Week 38: 715,000 viewers

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I'm still not 100% sold on EHDF living up to the hype yet. So, Maverick gets a happy ending after all thanks to a new contract from Papa Trips...so, was it all a storyline from the get go? Is this still a slap in the face to the folks that were legit let go? Or is this a nice feel good story for the folks at home dealing with the bullshit int he world?
    I think you're right about EHDF being aligned with the bad luchadors. I can't see them hyping him up in this jobberific tournament unless it's for a mighty swerve (no, not that Swerve).

This has to be the feel good story of Drake's redemption in troubled times. I don't think it was planned, but he probably opened some eyes on his nary way out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like randomly creating the mixed tag match was shortsighted. It's been established that the couples were set to cross paths and I would have hyped that as a legit match announced for the evening. I do like the fact that they intertwined multiple women's stories to create the six-woman tag for Takeover.

The Lumis segment seemed unnecessary in the sense that they kind of gave away a fun potential reveal for Lumis' role in the backlot brawl. I do like how they found a way to keep him uniquely mysterious without having him talk. I think it would have been more impactful for him to be somewhat out of sight, out of mind for the episode and potentially have him take UE out of the mix via his portrait. Seems like that could have bene more impactful than him channeling his inner Bob Ross.

Prime Target for the NXT championship also seemed to lay it on that Cole isn't retaining. I haven't really been convinced that Dream is going to work as the main champion right now. The only chance I see of Dream not winning is if Lumis' projection of how things go down on Sunday actually goes awry and then Dream/Lumis tangle. That works for all parties because that buys Dream more time to get seasoned because he'll be able to move back into the title picture when Cole eventually loses.

I never would have guessed that Breezango would have been the mystery team. It's an interesting hotshot for them, especially after Lorcan and Burch got serious attention for the first time in a while. That might be the long-game play, though. Having Indus Sher come out kind of tries to represent that the depth of the tag division may be better than we anticipate. Might be the case, but it seems like it's more quantity over quality. That said, having a team that came out as astronauts against a team that prides itself on saying that the mat is sacred is a good collision of philosophies.

The championship match was good, but I think that was mainly due to Maverick. EHDF hasn't been able to click as a compelling character through the tournament. I thought the initial vignette for him was really fantastic and fresh, but nothing has really developed since then. The luchador reveal needs to take shape ASAP. It's also extremely weird that commentary has gone for two weeks now in saying that the match was for the CW championship and not the interim CW championship. As I said, Maverick was the most compelling aspect of the main event and of the tournament. Part of me likes the fact that he ultimately still got his moment in the spotlight by getting a contract but it was somewhat hollow. I can be easily swayed away from that but it felt like the threats were kind of magically gone and the title instantly didn't matter because he had a contract. Just think it could have been executed a little more cleaner.

Takeover Predictions:
    - Female faces win the six-woman match.
    - Bálor wrecks the ever-loving piss out of Priest when it comes to closing time.
    - Gargano pins Lee to become the NA champ.
    - Kross knocks Ciampa the hell out to lead to a ref stoppage.
    - Io is set to pin Rhea to win the match but Charlotte steals the win. Creates anguish for seeing Io so close, Rhea continues to build uncertainty due to a slide, and Charlotte gets more heat.
    - I'm up in the air with the NXT match but I'll go ahead and see Lumis inadvertently costing Dream the match, so Cole retains.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't have had Maverick get offered the new contract until next week's show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't have had Maverick get offered the new contract until next week's show.
    The stakes, though not outright explained in a deliberate fashion, were laid out through the entire tournament. That's what made Maverick so compelling. To have it all washed away in less than three minutes kind of cheapened the moment. It probably wasn't as egregious as the stip for 32 between Shane McMahon and Taker, but it's up there on the list.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Stone guy is like that Sylvester Lafort guy from NXT's early early days. He was there, he left, and nobody really noticed.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The stakes, though not outright explained in a deliberate fashion, were laid out through the entire tournament. That's what made Maverick so compelling. To have it all washed away in less than three minutes kind of cheapened the moment. It probably wasn't as egregious as the stip for 32 between Shane McMahon and Taker, but it's up there on the list.
    You sound almost word for word like the Bleacher Report review I read.
    The impact of the loss had almost no time to sink in. You barely got to feel anything. Soon as Maverick was heading up the ramp in tears, Triple H is already there behind him contract in hand and you knew what was happening. If they just ended the show with him done, sobbing his way up the ramp, then you could feel it and buy it. Then next week, they could have an exclusive farewell interview that Trips interrupts to offer him the new contract. As it was, Trips was legit interrupting your own thought that this was it for Drake.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the tournament and live Maverick but just could not get into this storyline at all. The way they kept going on about it made it clear to me they weren’t really going to fire him.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had known Nash back when I was travelling to Iowa regularly, cause I definitely would have wanted to meet and surprise gift him an Undisputed era shirt. I would have feigned belief that all his anti-Adam Cole posts were sarcastic. I don't think I could have sold it, but it would have been entertaining for both of us.

Glad that Cole's sticking around.

We've all got people we don't like, and I'm not into debating why someone has to enjoy someone I do. I do think he adds value though.

Generally speaking, I think a lot of people have enjoyed NXT for the last couple years. Cole has been a huge part of that run. The crowd is engaged with him at the live events. I find his matches at Takeover to be entertaining, crowds and fans seem to respond well. UE moves a lot of merch. In some ways, there's a good dynamic. Some people, like Cole and UE keep going on NXT, and allows for consistency to keep TV consistent when other guys like Riddle and Lee won't be there that long and should make quicker moves to the main roster.

I agree that WWE shouldn't throw crazy money at him. But I doubt they don't think they're getting good ROI either.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sound almost word for word like the Bleacher Report review I read.
    The impact of the loss had almost no time to sink in. You barely got to feel anything. Soon as Maverick was heading up the ramp in tears, Triple H is already there behind him contract in hand and you knew what was happening. If they just ended the show with him done, sobbing his way up the ramp, then you could feel it and buy it. Then next week, they could have an exclusive farewell interview that Trips interrupts to offer him the new contract. As it was, Trips was legit interrupting your own thought that this was it for Drake.
    It was a difficult tight rope to walk if the intention was to get Triple H to give him the contract. I don't think you could have had the title match LEAD the show and then have a closing comment by Maverick, but that could have been a viable route to take. You could do the match to lead the show, then end the show with him being able to give thanks. He would be allowed to have a fiery and emotional promo, then you get a post-credit reveal of Triple H and giving him the contract.

It's just a weird scenario because, as you mentioned, things weren't given a chance to breathe. It doesn't seem natural if you did my idea because what would the closing segment of the show been if Maverick won? That's a weird circumstance, but WWE is full of those when it comes to structuring their shows haha.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/...-year-champion

Adam Cole Day continues in this thread.

ESPN published an article where he discusses his year as champ.

Also references what a great crowd Portland was. Hell yeah we were.
    @BGMaverick

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/...-year-champion

Adam Cole Day continues in this thread.

ESPN published an article where he discusses his year as champ.

Also references what a great crowd Portland was. Hell yeah we were.
    @BGMaverick
    It was such an amazing experience to be a part of. My goal this weekend was to actually go back and watch it. I haven't rewatched it in full since the show. I've only seen a few bits and pieces of the show, so I'm looking forward to going back for the rewatch.

Really good meeting you, too. Hope the kiddos are doing well.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rajah meet-ups at wrestling shows are great. Had a poster meet-up at a Scotland show with former Rajah poster Alicia (Mazer and a few others will remember her). Really nice girl and one of the few former Rajah female greats we had.

Her kids thought I looked liked Trevor Murdoch.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was such an amazing experience to be a part of. My goal this weekend was to actually go back and watch it. I haven't rewatched it in full since the show. I've only seen a few bits and pieces of the show, so I'm looking forward to going back for the rewatch.

Really good meeting you, too. Hope the kiddos are doing well.
    Absolutely. Good to meet you as well. You are always welcome in the Portland crowd Kids are doing well. Excited to be able to take a break from online school soon. Glad the weather has been good. God bless the Oregon summers.

I need to watch on the network as well. I watched Lee and Domink the next day, but need to check it all out

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also BG, glad you had a change of heart on posting the recaps and others reached out to you. Although maybe partially our fault for not giving you enough public praise, they are very much appreciated and speaking personally, a good indicator of what to look out for when watching NXT being a bit behind on the UK time zone.

You have killed in the W-forums this year like no other.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I had known Nash back when I was travelling to Iowa regularly, cause I definitely would have wanted to meet and surprise gift him an Undisputed era shirt. I would have feigned belief that all his anti-Adam Cole posts were sarcastic. I don't think I could have sold it, but it would have been entertaining for both of us.

Glad that Cole's sticking around.

We've all got people we don't like, and I'm not into debating why someone has to enjoy someone I do. I do think he adds value though.

Generally speaking, I think a lot of people have enjoyed NXT for the last couple years. Cole has been a huge part of that run. The crowd is engaged with him at the live events. I find his matches at Takeover to be entertaining, crowds and fans seem to respond well. UE moves a lot of merch. In some ways, there's a good dynamic. Some people, like Cole and UE keep going on NXT, and allows for consistency to keep TV consistent when other guys like Riddle and Lee won't be there that long and should make quicker moves to the main roster.

I agree that WWE shouldn't throw crazy money at him. But I doubt they don't think they're getting good ROI either.
    If I'm ever in Iowa, I'll drop off a pair of Bret sunglasses and an Adam Cole Bay Bay shirt for Nash then run into the cornfields before kdestiny can get revenge for accidentally being shot by me during Mafia.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a serious note, no news on Dream must be good news as he's still being pushed.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Excited for In Your House. Am I the only one that hopes Todd Pettengill shows up?
    Just read Pettengill will be on the show! I'm pumped for Todd.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a serious note, no news on Dream must be good news as he's still being pushed.
    I really would have liked to get some resolution to the investigation so I know if I should feel right cheering for him. As it stands, the allegations have really taken the wind of the of my sails for his run at the title.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really would have liked to get some resolution to the investigation so I know if I should feel right cheering for him. As it stands, the allegations have really taken the wind of the of my sails for his run at the title.
    Understandable.

Not been an update on it yet so can only hope it's good news.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also BG, glad you had a change of heart on posting the recaps and others reached out to you. Although maybe partially our fault for not giving you enough public praise, they are very much appreciated and speaking personally, a good indicator of what to look out for when watching NXT being a bit behind on the UK time zone.

You have killed in the W-forums this year like no other.
    Thanks for the shout. I'll do what I can with the recaps and such.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick predictions/thoughts for IYH tonight:

Six woman tag team match
    Hoping this is one of those full speed ahead, moves moves moves, no chinlocks or rest spots type of matches. Just tags and action and big spots, maybe a finisher fest to close it out. I'll say the face team pulls of the win (because I'm predicting a lot of heels elsewhere).

Balor vs. Priest
    Having Balor win this makes the whole feud pretty brief and easily resolved so I'm going with Priest getting the upset and the feud going on beyond tonight.

Kross vs. Ciampa
    Not a complete squash but pretty one sided, Kross wins via KO, Ciampa passes out in the Krossjacket.

Lee vs. Gargano
    Gargano pulls off the win with heel tactics and Lee moves on to the NXT Title going forward.

Flair vs. Ripley vs. Shirai
    I can't see the Charlotte project being over already so I'll say she retains.

Cole vs. Dream
    Alright, so my original thought was that Cole retains because Lumis costs Dream the match. Dream then moves on to feud with Lumis while Cole is challenged by Lee. But that would make 5/6 of my predictions for heels and I can't see that many bad guys getting the win soooo...fuck it, Dream gets it done will help from Dex.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predictions:
    Face women's trio
    Bálor
    Kross
    Gargano (new champ)
    Charlotte
    Cole