Page 2 of 229 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread

Give me the World Belt, dammit Zarius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. Stone View Post
    I like that idea. From early on, we'll actually find out who these people are, why they're in WWE, what they want to accomplish, what makes them stand out above everyone else. In other words, it'll be something that is often lacking in new talent brought up from developmental and jobbed out within weeks because "they're not over" (which is the fault of creative): character development.
    Then when they get the call to the big leauge, they either have an attrocious match on live television, or get buried by the jobbers.

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    The only problem I see with that is the hour timeslot. I just don't think they'll have the time to feature wrestlers, and have matches. I want to hope it will work but I don't see WWE pulling it off, hope I eat crow.

If nothing else this new concept has me very interested, I haven't watched ECW in ages but I will tune in for NXT when it starts...

When is that by the way?
    Three weeks, supposively.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    From the main page:
    I really fucking hope not. This sounds like garbage. Ugh. The only good thing about it would be that it would be one less show I would have to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like "The Ultimate Fighter", where it's part matches, part "Tough Enough"-type deal.

Hero From The Beyond UncannyIowan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I really hope this isn't the case. Not that I'm against the idea... I honestly would rather see this on WWE.com. We'll have to wait and see for sure what's going before I decide whether Tuesday's become a 100% new movie rental night or not.

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very excited for this.

Wonder if current stars will be on the show, like Ziggler, Ryder, Tatsu, etc., or will they just bring all new guys in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A decision still hasn't been made about the ECW Title. There are some within the company who want it kept around as an attraction for undercards of secondary PPVs, but Vince McMahon hasn't made his mind up yet.

Source: PWinsider.com.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that idea. From early on, we'll actually find out who these people are, why they're in WWE, what they want to accomplish, what makes them stand out above everyone else. In other words, it'll be something that is often lacking in new talent brought up from developmental and jobbed out within weeks because "they're not over" (which is the fault of creative): character development.
    Eh, blaming it on creative is only one possibility. Some talent just sucks, maybe their look isn't right, maybe the crowd just in general doesn't like their gimmick. That's the thing, will this show be kayfabe, because you could have a guy who in FCW is playing a millionaire, and then brought up to the main roster and his gimmick is he's a serial killer turned pro wrestler....So where is the investment? Now, if they break kayfabe and do like Tough Enough....they better have a kick ass personality because it limits the WWE in what they can do with them. If you have Jim Smith, who is just your average guy, then they show him wrestle and he's under a mask trying to sell a satanist gimmick or something crazy.

I don't know, I'm trying to look @ it from both sides but I'm more worried about the wrestling aspect of the show. You talk about character development, well you don't really need to follow a young wrestler from FCW to the big leagues if Vince is going to change what we know about them. That's why it's not like TUF, because Dana didn't change Forrest Griffin's name to Mr. Fantastic and change his look. Very interesting for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough It's not ALWAYS creative's fault. But there have been dozens of examples through the years where they've just given up on someone new far too quickly.

My assumption - and that's all it is- would be that we'll see them develop the character they'll use in WWE rather than explain the characters they currently use in FCW (that is, if the two will not be the same).

Bagel
    I'm interested to see what they can do with this. It seems too short on time to throw it together, spend the last show or two with those they intend to push on NXT attack those currently on ECW as a way to build it up to know what to expect. Curiosity in a product can only maintain its ratings for some time before people turn away from it.

Hyping the show and being done with ECW are two completely different ideas, how they go about handling both will keep me minimally interested until I see where it's going.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it could be interesting... I really want to see what type of gimmicks the show produces.

Black Pain would have been perfect for Sy Fy.

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I was thinking earlier while watching Superstars was this...

While I do love the fact that there is a separate show that all brands can be a part of... If Florida is right and NXT is going to be somewhat of a brand in the form of Tough Enough then what I'd like to see them do is to make Superstars a combination of a joint-brand initiative (as it is now) and it's own show.

I would dearly love to see Superstars have it's own TV title where it is defended each week against anybody on the WWE roster (regardless of brand) so that you get new matches every week. One week you could have say for instance John Morrison, from the Smackdown roster, defend the title against Evan Bourne from RAW.

Perhaps make a semi-conscious effort to give Superstars a sure-fire roster full of the young midcarders who are also part of a major brand roster (part of both brands). Of course, you can throw your audience a bone every once in a while by giving them a Jericho / CM Punk Vs (other upper mid card / main eventer) match but it'd be nice to give them a regular roster. It seems to be happening (Primo, Evan Bourne, Carlito, etc.) anyway but it'd be nice to be able to go in that direction... IF NXT is in fact going in the new brand Tough Enough style.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as Bryan Danielson is one of the featured wrestlers, I'm all for it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Oh shit, Raw spoilers.
    Last edited by Ringo; February 9th, 2010 at 5:52 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THIS POST CONTAINS RAW SPOILERS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danielson for NXT Main Eventer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like NXT is going to be a "reality" based show where the talent is competing to get to SmackDown and Raw. But it will still feature veterans from the other shows.

There will be regular appearances from WWE stars to either mentor or hinder the progress of the new talents. They'll obviously also help to draw attention/ratings for NXT.

Source: Mike Johnson, PWInsider.com.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the show going to be taped before Smackdown? Or is it going to be a contest type show that features little to no wrestling... like the original Tough Enough.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear there will still be veterans on the roster and that established guys will be making appearances. I am really getting stoked about this, it sounds like it has a lot of potential to be very interesting/different/enjoyable.

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or it could flat out suck and be the worst thing the WWE has ever done to its young roster.

I'm hopeful like you, mth, but I'm also treading carefully before I go out on a limb.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaJello View Post
    Is the show going to be taped before Smackdown? Or is it going to be a contest type show that features little to no wrestling... like the original Tough Enough.
    It seems like it'll almost certainly still be taped before SD. This is more a rebranding than an actual top-to-bottom overhaul.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunder View Post
    Or it could flat out suck and be the worst thing the WWE has ever done to its young roster.

I'm hopeful like you, mth, but I'm also treading carefully before I go out on a limb.
    Oh, i am well aware of the other side of the coin. I'm doing my best to be optimistic, but this could just as easily be very, very terrible.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    If it's similar to Ultimate Fighter, than I'm excited for it.

It will be interesting to see if the "reality" based portions of the series are kayfabed or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling its going to be layed out like Hulk Hogan's Celebrity Wrestling.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the NXT brand is going to be a reality based program about up and comers featuring cameos from veterans, I hope we see segments like this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_orIRn8Ukg[/ame]

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adair View Post
    This sounds like "The Ultimate Fighter", where it's part matches, part "Tough Enough"-type deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Version 6 View Post
    If it's similar to Ultimate Fighter, than I'm excited for it.

It will be interesting to see if the "reality" based portions of the series are kayfabed or not.
    You two both perfectly sum up my feelings and ideas on the show.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see this thread when I posted the unofficial roster that's been leaked. I will say this. I hope Archer, Baretta and Croft are added to the mix and not used on RAW/Smackdown just yet

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know of at least 7 people that are going to which brands, but the source is f4wonline.com and I don't have an account there. I heard from 2 places that f4w is the source.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danielson and Low Ki? SOLD.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Rajah.com, by way of f4wonline.com, here are who's moving so far.

to RAW:

to SmackDown:

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by EdgeHead469; February 16th, 2010 at 1:55 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spoiler-tagging just in case:

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell. They announced the roster on the main page:

http://rajah.com/base/node/18540

Wow. This could be some excellent stuff.

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by d1comics View Post
    Spoiler-tagging just in case:
    I see at least two, maybe even three guys coming out of this show in a lot better shape - career wise - then they were prior to the show. I am excited and I think if handled right, it could elevate careers.

Look what E.C.W did in introducing C.M. Punk to fans who don't follow the Indy scene. John Morrison was born on E.C.W as was The Miz. Yoshi and Ryder would be nothing if not for E.C.W.

I think this could, and will work. I like to be optimistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ECW was an actual wrestling show, though, with a belt, and traditional matchs and setups. This is not that. It is a separate entity with "behind the scenes" stuff, like Tough Enough. How many folks from Tough Enough are still around? How many amounted to anything of any worth? That's why I'm a bit afraid.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least 3.

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ECW was an actual wrestling show, though, with a belt, and traditional matchs and setups. This is not that. It is a separate entity with "behind the scenes" stuff, like Tough Enough. How many folks from Tough Enough are still around? How many amounted to anything of any worth? That's why I'm a bit afraid.
    The "behind the scenes" stuff could be cool though. Could improve promo delivery and interaction, not just wrestling, which we see a lot on Tuesday nights. It is obvious this will ALL be scripted. They will push who they want to push and give more time backstage to those they want to receive it.

I think its overall purpose will be served. Help fans become aware of these young guys who will eventually be on the main roster. When they come out of nowhere and attack a man on Raw, see Brett DiBiase, they receive no reaction. However, if people have watched them on TV for three months and then see them on Raw, they will already be aware of who they are and their background.

It will work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^
    Fair enough. No need for me to throw the baby out with the bathwater. I am interested, just fearful. In a week we'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the idea of introducing these guys on the "low key" show. As said above, it gives the audience a chance to find out who they are, why they're working for WWE, what sets them apart from everyone else. But there's no pressure of live TV or expectations that they've to take a slot on a PPV when they're not ready.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How many folks from Tough Enough are still around?
    Miz and Morrison...
    Contestants from Tough Enough weren't already WWE employees. These guys are WWE developmental talents that are waiting to be called up. They are equivalent to Sheamus, Yoshi Tatsu and The Hart Dynasty...

It's basically the FCW Roster...

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which on paper looks pretty good right now.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

If this is the roster, it's a damn good one...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; February 17th, 2010 at 2:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In an article in Variety, Vince McMahon said eight WWE stars will be paired with a rookie each. It was going to be 12, but will be reduced by next week.

EDIT: There's no longer an issue withe the NXT trademark. The training side of the Scottish Wrestling Alliance was also called NXT, but their owner has said WWE worked with them to deal with the potential conflict. The SWA were planning to rename it anyway. Source: Click here to see the story and statement from the SWA owner at PWInsider.com.
    Last edited by Tom B. Stone; February 16th, 2010 at 3:44 PM.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    regal and brian

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finlay and Danielson
    Shelton Benjamin and Michael Tarver
    Goldust and Brett DiBiase

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In an article in Variety, Vince McMahon said eight WWE stars will be paired with a rookie each. It was going to be 12, but will be reduced by next week.
    What does that mean? They'll each work a program with the new wrestler?

They will travel the road with him?

Did Vince give any more info?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Vince's comments were intriguing yet also a bit vague.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is all from the main page regarding NXT, as I didn't see it all posted in here yet:
    After all the speculation about what WWE's new NXT show would be like, we finally have some new concrete information - it's got nothing to do with science fiction or conspiracies.

Entertainment industry publication Variety reveals that WWE NXT will be a reality-based show, similar to Tough Enough and UFC's "The Ultimate Fighter," that will feature eight rookie wrestlers from WWE's developmental system (Florida Championship Wrestling) as they work their way towards a spot on the main WWE roster. Each rookie will be paired up with a veteran WWE superstar as their mentor, "with egos often getting in the way, as they learn the ropes of competing in the ring in front of live audiences, creating characters and speaking on camera."

WWE is teasing the series as a window into how the company truly operates.

"These kids crash and burn a lot," said Vince McMahon. "By putting them into this environment we'll find out if they can make it. There's no better way to develop skills than being in front of an audience. And that makes for good television. "

McMahon added, "ECW' feels old, it feels tired. Sometimes our brands need freshening up. You have to continue to reinvent yourself."

The weekly show will be broken into seasons, with two or three seasons airing per year. It will feature a totally new "look and feel" for WWE programming.

"Syfy is excited to continue our partnership with WWE, Vince and his team with this innovative live event-reality show," said Syfy president Dave Howe. "The 'NXT' rookies take the challenge of our new tagline 'Imagine Greater' to heart as they embark on their ultimate dream quest to be the next generation of revered heroes and champions in the fantastic arena of the WWE."
    WWE NXT DEBUTS ON SYFY

STAMFORD, Conn., February 16, 2010 – World Wrestling Entertainment and Syfy today announced the next generation of reality television with the debut of WWE NXT, Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 10:00 PM ET/PT on Syfy.

WWE NXT is a hybrid live event/reality show featuring eight well-known, popular WWE Superstars (“Pros”) mentoring eight WWE “Rookies.” These Rookies, who are learning the ropes, are athletes who epitomize pop culture and personify strong attributes – they are opinionated and aggressive – which means inherent conflict between Rookies and other Rookies, conflict between Rookies and Pros, as well as, conflict between Pros and Pros. The trials and tribulations of the WWE NXT cast ensure action-packed, innovative entertainment – WWE Style.

“Once again, WWE will bring something entirely new to the television landscape as WWE meets reality TV,” said Vince McMahon, Chairman and CEO, World Wrestling Entertainment. “As we introduce this brand new franchise exclusively on Syfy, WWE NXT will have a completely different look and feel from our other WWE television programming.”

“Syfy is excited to continue our partnership with WWE, Vince and his team with this innovative live event/reality show,” said Syfy President Dave Howe. “This is a unique combination of heart-stopping entertainment and gritty behind-the-scenes reality. The NXT Rookies take the challenge of our new tagline ‘Imagine Greater’ to heart as they embark on their ultimate dream quest to be the next generation of revered heroes and champions in the fantastic arena of the WWE.”
    Source: PWInsider.com

As reported earlier, the new WWE NXT show will feature wrestlers from Florida Championship Wrestling, who will be paired off with WWE veterans in their quest to make it to the main roster.

Here's a look at the nine wrestlers who are expected to be part of WWE NXT: Season 1, which debuts next Tuesday night on Syfy:

- Justin Angel (FCW Champion)
    - Daniel Bryan (formerly Bryan Danielson)
    - Kaval (formerly Low Ki)
    - Skip Sheffield
    - Joe Hennig (son of Mr. Perfect Curt Hennig)
    - Brett Dibiase (son of the Million Dollar man, brother of Ted Jr.)
    - Darren Young
    - Heath Slater
    - Michael Tarver
    Honestly, as much as I am going to miss ECW, I think NXT sounds quite fascinating and I am really hoping it lives up to the potential it has as something new and unique.

Who are you to doubt El Dandy?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has Danielson and Low Ki on WWE television within a week's time, so I'm pumped. Also I've been a hueg critic of how WWE throws out bland vanilla babyfaces on TV to debut them and expect fans to latch onto them...this gives these guys a chance to develop character which is sooooooooooooooo vital.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that does sound exciting.

I hope it involves some type of live matches before Smackdown... and not fights in a training school ... ala The Ultimate Figher.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no better way to develop skills than being in front of an audience.
    I think that answers your question...er, well, i guess it wasn't a question, but you know what I mean.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm gonna be interested how they mix reality with kayfabe, how much they decide to use of each.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYD View Post
    It has Danielson and Low Ki on WWE television within a week's time, so I'm pumped. Also I've been a hueg critic of how WWE throws out bland vanilla babyfaces on TV to debut them and expect fans to latch onto them...this gives these guys a chance to develop character which is sooooooooooooooo vital.
    But it depends on what character they portray on the main brands that matters doesn't it? I mean yeah you might think Low Ki is a cool dude but what if he's stuck playing a goat herder with one eye and a horrible southern accent? I think Shelton Benjamin is cool outside of the ring because of his love for video games, but on t.v. he's one of the most boring guys in town to the point where his skills aren't enough to really care if he's on or not.

I don't really see how it gives them a chance to develop character in a way that is different than how they've been doing it for years. Definitely an interesting aspect, but the idea that people are having that this gives them an advantage over someone who just debuts on ECW like how Vance Archer or Tatsu did. It all comes down to what they do when they are actually put on Smackdown or Raw, and what gimmick they're going to get because a lot of guys don't wind up doing the same thing they were in development.

This show is just basically giving us another peek behind the curtain, very intriguing, but it's not something I'm backflipping about because I'm not a fan of completely destroying kayfabe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE scrapped Tough Enough because they thought it was "too inside", so I don't think they'll break kayface with NXT.

Josh Matthews was also a TE contestant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post

If this is the roster, it's a damn good one...
    How old is Joe and Skip. Joe needs to do something with that hair and Skip looks like hes pushing 40. Anyways this looks good. Bryan, Brett and Kaval going to be on tv next week this is awesome.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, Bill put Johnny Prime, but the roster list has Justin Angel:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I think that answers your question...er, well, i guess it wasn't a question, but you know what I mean.
    Right... but the last Tough Enough had live elements to it... I.E. Puder trying to shoot on Angle in front of the Smackdown crowd.

I'd hate if the only live experience they get is in contest/segments.

I want to see full length matches between the wrestlers.

If that makes sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so stoked to have Justin Angel on TV. I don't know why but I love that dude.

I had a big long post saved in Notepad that I deleted but it basically boiled down to how I hoped NXT could have a big impact on WWE in that 1) we become more invested in the superstars because it's impressed upon us that these guys NEED us to make it. Hopefully it might snap audiences out of the apathy they're sometimes guilty of and REALLY get behind guys, whether they're cheering them or booing them. 2) It's my hope that by trying such a fresh and radical approach with NXT, and especially the fact that it seems like it'll be ever-changing, it ripples out to the rest of WWE and we get a bit more shock and awe. The last BIG change, I feel, was the draft. And the most recent "shock" was Sheamus winning the title. Two things that have divided a lot of people, but have still shaken up the overall picture of the WWE. Basically it's my idealistic hope that NXT could lead to a much fresher WWE with a return of that "anything can happen" feel in the next few months.

Who are you to doubt El Dandy?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UncannyIowan View Post
    But it depends on what character they portray on the main brands that matters doesn't it? I mean yeah you might think Low Ki is a cool dude but what if he's stuck playing a goat herder with one eye and a horrible southern accent?
    I LOLed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JAYD View Post
    I LOLed
    I figured a few would It'd make a funny character in a shitty t.v. sitcom.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really excited about this. I hope Arn Anderson does something on this show.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe he can give up his spot again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be great to see guys like Double A, Steamboat and Sarge involved somehow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarge screaming at Brett Dibiase while he does pushups, saying that he's not going to make it on his family name alone would be glorious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Vic Grimes can jump out of the bushes after every day and try to sell the rookies cocaine. However their training reminds them to "just say no." Then Linda McMahon can use it in her ad campaign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back Hardcore Holly.. so he can yell at them and say they are worthless. Only for them to beat him up and throw him out of the building.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of the partnerships

Last edited by VanillaJello; February 16th, 2010 at 11:33 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More pairings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pairing

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hearing it on ECW I really don't see everyone's fuss with "Daniel Bryan". It's a fine name.

Intercontinental Champion Sphere's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    To give him a personality?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Back for a visit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping for Daniel Bryan and HBK....wishful thinking I spose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will Tarver do if Carlito gets fired during the season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT Pairing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in terms of WWE experience... Miz does have a lot more.

aka A.B Dangerously (WCF)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will Tarver do if Carlito gets fired during the season?
    That made me chuckle. I'm quite excited about NXT and I didn't think I would be. Mainly though, my excitement is because I don't know what the show is fully about, so next week will be interesting. Hope it turns out well and leads to some good future superstars.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Darren Young looks like a black John Cena.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT Pairing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Darren Young looks like a black John Cena.
    Straight up, the dude does look like CENA. Darren Young is Black. His name is Fred Sampson. look it up on wiki.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT Pairing

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManGang View Post
    As far as WWE land and the storyline goes, DANIEL BRYAN is the fresh faced rookie and Miz is a champion. Their actual experience is irrelevant.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it kind of hilarious how you guys are spoiler tagging stuff and then everyone is responding to it totally tag free which completely exposes what's under the tags.

But we're in TV/PPV, and I think by this point, anyone that didn't want stuff spoiled would have realized there's spoilers abounding with all the tagged stuff, so you guys can go ahead and stop tagging stuff.

*SPOILERS ABOUND!! GET OUT IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED NEXT WEEK!*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just trying to be helpful.

*Shrug*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT Pairing

This is my favorite pairing of the bunch.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just trying to be helpful.

*Shrug*
    Yep, and I appreciate it. It's everyone that's responded to the tagged stuff with untagged replies. But again, it's not an issue at this point, so don't sweat it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    As far as WWE land and the storyline goes, DANIEL BRYAN is the fresh faced rookie and Miz is a champion. Their actual experience is irrelevant.
    That's logical.

I cant wait to see NXT next Tuesday. My early hypothesis is that NXT will get a good first week viewing.

Back for a visit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I saw Punk was a coach all I could think was Low Ki...and yet no...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaconda sniper View Post
    This is my favorite pairing of the bunch.
    I'm interested, but only ...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to stop reusing the last name "Gabriel". It's a shitty, gimmicky last name, but not gimmicky enough where they could change it like "Nitro".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would have liked for WWE to announce a WWE Legend as a Pro. Steamboat and his son for NXT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steamboat - Bryan would have been a fun pairing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I understand, Richie Steamboat is probably a good year or two from being ready for the call-up.

Yeah, Steamboat/Bryan would have been good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could of feuded over the nickname 'Dragon' as well.