Results 20,101 to 20,200 of 22880

Thread: The NXT Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Nash knows me too well from the Derailing Argument Thread and caught me out so may as we’ll get it over with.

Everyone stop!
    Hey everyone look it's Badger he needs attention!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Hey everyone look it's Badger he needs attention!

Called your stupid bluff to make a point.

In on-topic news in response to Murph, yeah small point which Wade could have clarified but the big picture is he can’t win against top opposition so can easily be overlooked.

I actually think Theory possibly usurping Cole as the leader of UE could actually be a decent storyline. Like Rock/Faarooq lite.

Regardless Theory has something but needs other people or something to spark it alight. His debut against Strong was pretty impressive and though he fucked up a bit sense with the suspension, there’s clearly something there.

Also strongly in favour of the Power Couple holding the gold. Shirai can always challenge for it back then go on to feud with Storm, Moon etc. Priest as talented as he is still lacks personality and his “party guy” attitude after matches does not come across as natural.
    Last edited by Badger; October 16th, 2020 at 4:16 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Claims to be on topic by bringing in a comment from the DERAILED ARGUMENT MEGATHREAD. Kind of assbackwards.

And it was hyperbole you wrestling genius.

And making a giant post out of nowhere about NXT doesn't mean anything.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Claims to be on topic by bringing in a comment from the DERAILED ARGUMENT MEGATHREAD. Kind of assbackwards.

And it was hyperbole you wrestling genius.

And making a giant post out of nowhere about NXT doesn't mean anything.

The first line was hyperbole mocking your hyperbole. The meaty meaningful part was in response to Murphy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quit trying to derail the NXT thread.

Especially with trying to attempt a Nash-style post. Stick to the one sentence commentary.

Back on topic.

The midcard for NXT is struggling hard. Dexter, Grimes, Theory, etc. just not feeling it. Priest isn't horrible but if that's the guy leading the midcard, yeah that's weak.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nosh Diesel is sorry for trying to copy you. I’m hoping (or not) Mazer does that to me again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nosh Diesel is sorry for trying to copy you. I’m hoping (or not) Mazer does that to me again.
    LOL Nosh Diesel man that was so fucking clever. Don't you have an afterparty to go to where they can celebrate your greatness?

Maybe you and Damien Priest can kick with Jericho in the hottub.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Nosh Diesel man that was so fucking clever. Don't you have an afterparty to go to where they can celebrate your greatness?

Maybe you and Damien Priest can kick with Jericho in the hottub.
    Only if it’s full of Mimosa.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Nash Diesel, curious who your favorite NXT folks are, if any?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Pete Dunne has gotten himself into amazing shape, by the way.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Melly got me a Cameo from Dexter Lumis for my birthday and I am dead.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    @Nash Diesel, curious who your favorite NXT folks are, if any?
    Thankfully you asked for more than one.

Right now:
    Io Shirai
    Balor
    Velveteen Dream
    Kushida
    Tomaso
    Jake Atlas
    Dakota Kai and Raquel
    Fashion Police
    Imperium

I wish the tag scene was better. I'd like Gargano and Candace more if they weren't heels, just not feeling the heel run. But yeah I'd say those are my FAVORITES. There are some who I'm cool with that aren't exactly "favorites" and others I just don't care about at all.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Adam Cole baybay

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thankfully you asked for more than one.

Right now:
    Io Shirai
    Balor
    Velveteen Dream
    Kushida
    Tomaso
    Jake Atlas
    Dakota Kai and Raquel
    Fashion Police
    Imperium

I wish the tag scene was better. I'd like Gargano and Candace more if they weren't heels, just not feeling the heel run. But yeah I'd say those are my FAVORITES. There are some who I'm cool with that aren't exactly "favorites" and others I just don't care about at all.
    8 out of 9 of those suck bro

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shout out to Xia Li as well. I knew I'd leave someone out.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're on the same page about a few people then, at least.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANNOUNCED for this week: Dream vs. Kushida vs. Ciampa

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANNOUNCED for tonight: El Legado de Fantasma vs. Scott/Adonis/Atlas

Should be a banger.

Don't forget the NXT Tag Titles will also be on the line with Breezango vs. Strong/Fish.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong Fish would be a great tag team name

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Strong Fish would be a great tag team name
    How much fish could Strong Fish fry if Strong Fish could fry fish?

I miss the Broserweights. That was the stupidest yet greatest TakeOver promo they ever did.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and @mth, I liked it on FB but welcome as a fellow member to the Cameo club baby! I hope you and Dexter do continue a business relationship where he uses your drawings.

Amazing gift from @Melly
    Last edited by Badger; October 21st, 2020 at 5:01 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and @mth, I liked it on FB but welcome as a fellow member to the Cameo club baby! I hope you and Dexter do continue a business relationship where he uses your drawings.

Amazing gift from @Melly
    Yeah, man, i wish i had a way to show him the drawing I did but I don't use Twitter or Instagram so... Very cool, though. Dude's very reasonably priced so I'll probably get more down the road as long as WWE don't shut it down.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, man, i wish i had a way to show him the drawing I did but I don't use Twitter or Instagram so... Very cool, though. Dude's very reasonably priced so I'll probably get more down the road as long as WWE don't shut it down.
    No harm in trying dude.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely worth opening social media accounts just for this if that’s the easiest way you can send them to him.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ugh this racist pedo is still employed? #firevelveteendream.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    At least velveeta cheese lost.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Johnny/Candace vid on FB taking spins on a wheel.

Johnny doing a kick spouting at Candace saying “I hate you!” tickles me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the opener felt like a rematch of Ciampa vs. Kushida with breaks for both of them to whoop up on Dream. I think the way that went down was fan service based on the fact that many people don't want Dream to do anything good on TV. It's a mixed bag though because seeing Dream get his ass kicked makes the audience happy but he's still on TV, which doesn't make the audience happy. Got awfully frantic during the final portion of the match. The result tells me they still have aspirations of pushing Kushida strongly (probably a Takeover title match), and they're looking use Ciampa as a utility weapon with face/heel tendencies based on convenience.

Jesse has some potential but I think she needs a while to get more seasoning. Nice to see Ember build her repertoire up, adding a submission. Dakota attacking afterwards was a good callback, with her being pissed at taking the pin from Ember in the tag match two weeks ago. That match should be good and a nice opportunity to continue elevating Ember. It'll be something, and logical booking, if they do go the route of Ember and Toni both starting at the bottom and eventually building to where they have to cross paths to see who eventually becomes the No. 1 contender.

Shame that they didn't have something better cooked up for Reed and Theory other than just a cold rematch from over a month ago, with the same result (twice, haha). The pop up Samoan Drop looked pretty damn devastating. Reed has certainly lost momentum prior to the NA ladder match, so they need to find something with substance for him. If Theory doesn't mess around, he's clearly going to be a force in NXT. The fact he's got this losing streak mean it's probably going to be impactful when he does beat someone. Both guys have plenty of promise to work off of but the fact they had a post match angle off of Theory, I'm guessing he's going to be the one of the two of them that will be pushed more significantly. Probably has a Zelina/Andrade vibe in as Zelina whipped Andrade into shape, so Theory will have a manager/mentor that gets him on track.
    Choices -
    Tired: Robert Stone
    Wired: Macolm Bivens
    Inspired: The Garganos

The six-man tag was pretty wild. It's wild that Scott had that corkscrew dive off the corner to the outside and none of the three guys braced his fall. My tailbone hurts for him, haha. The Spanish Fly spot to the outside could have gone terribly wrong but I'm glad that it appears to have went off without a hitch. The face side had three guys who are incredibly impressive in their own way. You can make a case for any of the three of them as a guy that's worth giving a notable push with proper character attention and they can deliver. I'm good if it's Atlas for the time being.

Johnny Wheel Hater is hilarious, and the random turns had him buried each time while Candice was put in a position to succeed. Simple humor works.

Congrats on Ever Rise getting their first win in NXT. The Fury and The Furry are getting some steam, despite stacking Ls.

Segway Cole (or anyone cutting promos via tablet and Segway) was humorous. I'm glad they're not abandoning the angle with UE being picked apart. It sucks that Holland is out, but I like that they used this as an opportunity to have a good mystery angle. Strong was taken out in a pretty simple way as was Fish, but I enjoyed how NXT presented the injury update for Fish. It actually felt more like how other sports doing it, cutting in with a report from your backstage correspondent and not just making a forced segment out of it. Hey, they even said hospital.

Kacy/Xia wasn't very sharp but I like how it continued to show the full-on mean streak for Xia. Raquel basically not caring about them and calling out Rhea again was simple enough to set the table for next week. She Devil is a good moniker for her, too.

I don't feel bad for the students of Thatch As Thatch Can. They should know they're in for an ass whooping.

Main event was tough since the build was continuing a whodunit and created an unexpected match. Be that as it may, the match was good but just an underwhelming pairing to work with. Very shocking to see Burch/Lorcan magically turn heel and then have McAfee return. I guess this all could have been the original setup as McAfee hiring Holland, Burch and Lorcan to combat UE. This would make sense as he didn't get UE the first time around so instead of retreating, he's reloading. McAfee was brilliant last time around so I'm definitely interested to see more.

Halloween Havoc looks pretty stacked as a Takeover-lite. Wouldn't be surprised if they go the cinematic route for Lumis/Grimes.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 22nd, 2020 at 12:55 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel a bit bad for Breezango losing them a bit soon but also happy for Burch/Orcan to get gold because they do deserve it. They do deserve recognition.

Also possible future banter for Creed and Breeze because Creed still has tag gold and Breeze doesn’t (though he still has the UUDD and LRLR belts)!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening triple threat was pretty good stuff. Happy to see Kushida get the win as I thought Ciampa might snag it. Hoping to see Kushida in the NXT Title picture sooner than later. If Dream's gonna be around, turning him heel and having him get his ass kciked all the time's probably the best option and I have to admit, it is pretty fun to watch.

Was kind of surprised Ember seemed to be acting a bit heelish in her match. Jessi impressed a bit. Nice new finisher for Ember, too, probably a bit gentler on her tailbone than the Eclipse. I'm definitely on board with Ember/Dakota feuding.

Same deal with Theory as with Dream, I'm far from a fan of his anyway, so having him get beat all the time works for me. Plus I love me some Bronson Reed so nice to see him back after a few weeks and getting a pair of wins. Theory quitting is intriguing.

Six-man tag was fun stuff. Holy shit, Adonis is only 19 if I heard correctly?! Nice to see Legado get the win as they've lost a fair bit outside of Escobar's title defenses. Atlas/Escobar should be good if that's where they're going, maybe Swerve/Adonis go after the tag title then.

WHY DOES THIS WHEEL WANT ME DEAD?! The Power Couple is one of the best things going and I love them dearly. Praying to the wrestling gods that they win the titles next week.

As I said before, Maverick/Dain stuff is real predictable/y but I'm still totally hooked.

Xia's heel turn is pretty much confirmed until we find out what the hell the letter from Boa is about which could turn things sympathetic.

Thatcher's thing was fine for what it was, I guess. Feel bad the crowd was getting the opponent's name wrong when they were chanting for him. I assume this might lead to a student one-upping Thatcher at some point?

UE getting taken out throughout the night was interesting as the match being changed up had me immediately thinking something of significance had to be happening. I initially thought it was going to be further the potential break-up of the group and I definitely was not expecting what actually happened. I think it's safe to assume McAfee was behind the Holland attack, as well. On the one hand, I've got to be pleased that I didn't expect McAfee or the heel turn for Burch/Lorcan but on the other hand, I can't say as I'm excited to see more McAfee/UE feuding or more babyface UE or more UE being the primary focus of the show in general.

Oh, also, nice little backstage thing with Grimes/Lumis to set up their match next week though i think it'd have been nice to have had a little more going into it and reasoning for the stip. Also, the stip is a bit concerning as I'm having flashbacks to the House of Horrors match which was atrocious and some of the shittier cinematic matches in recent memory but Grimes and Lumis are both awesome so I'm hoping they'll spin gold out of whatever they're doing. It might just be a "good actors in a bad movie" situation.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McAfee continued to heel it up after the show, calling the CWC dog crap. Praised the success Lorcan and Burch finally achieved after long careers grinding it out. He said tonight was "the start of something very special." Definitely painted a picture that they're a working trio.

Capped it off with, "We're the greatest. You suck." lol.

Six-man tag was fun stuff. Holy shit, Adonis is only 19 if I heard correctly?!
    I think you misheard. I believe he's in his late 20s or early 30s.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 22nd, 2020 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not how I would have foreseen it and maybe it does result in more face UE, but Danny and Oney getting a mouthpiece is still all good and ties in nicely. They're not promo guys so getting someone to speak for them without having to join the monopolising Robert Stone Brand is fine.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems everyone is turning. Lots of faces and heels swapping.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I think you misheard. I believe he's in his late 20s or early 30s.
    Makes more sense. I think they said he was signed by WWE in 2019 when they were also mentioning his military career. Can't find a birthday but a quick bit of Googling has him graduating high school in 2008 which puts him around 30, give or take.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes more sense. I think they said he was signed by WWE in 2019 when they were also mentioning his military career. Can't find a birthday but a quick bit of Googling has him graduating high school in 2008 which puts him around 30, give or take.
    He’s good. Still kind of green in some areas but actually advanced in some nuanced areas. He’s a dude to work with, for sure.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he's a hunk, too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ........yeah

I didn't realize Fandango was 39. He looks a lot younger than that.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Soon he'll be old enough to take over the undertaker character

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HALLOWEEN HAVOC is tonight! Here's the line up:

NXT North American Championship (Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal)
    Damian Priest vs. Johnny Gargano

NXT Women's Championship (Spin the Wheel, Make the Deal)
    Io Shirai vs. Candace LeRae

Haunted House of Terror Match
    Cameron Grimes vs. Dexter Lumis

Rhea Ripley vs. Raquel Gonzalez

Non-Title Match
    Santos Escobar vs. Jake Atlas

PatMcAfee, Lorcan & Burch to appear.

Vic Joseph & Wade Barrett have a costume contest

Hosted by Shotzi Blackheart

----

Since they didn't do it before, I think they'll do it now, and we'll see The Power Couple winning both titles. The match stips should be interesting. I think one of them is going to be a nostalgic throwback like Coal Miner's Glove. Both matches should deliver.

Haunted House Match has me concerned that the stip and likely cinematic nature will be corny and disappointing but given that both guys in it are terrific and the strength of their performances and clash of personality, etc., it could be gold. Grimes is hilarious and being spooked at every turn should be amusing with Dexter just slithering and stlalking him like horror movie killer, could be really fun. Cautiously optimistic.

Rhea and Raquel should be a good slugfest hoss fight. I'd like to see Rhea win so she can move on to face new champ Candace.

I dig that Atlas is moving into the CW Title picture. Should be a good match.

Don't really care about McAfee and the boys and the feud with UE.

Any guesses for the announcer costumes? How about Wade dresses as Vic and Vic dresses as Wade so they both just show up in suits like normal.

I love Shotzi but will admit when she announced the Wheel a couple weeks back, she was trying a bit too hard and I hope she's not doing that all night or it could get a bit grating.

I hope the CWC is all decked out with Halloween decorations and shit. Bring back that classic big-ass pumpkin set piece, too.

Overall, super stoked for the show, much more than I was for the last TakeOver. Halloween is my favorite holiday and NXT is my favorite TV show and it's a real good line up. Hell yeah.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was like why would the Cruiserweight Championship be decked out with Halloween decorations

This should be a great show, really looking forward to it!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotzi trying too hard is exactly my biggest issue with her and why I find her so annoying. I fear she may cringe the shit out of this with her hosting.

Nonetheless should be a good show which I may watch live if I can stay awake. Mon the Power couple!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well you might get lucky because there was another Covid outbreak at the PC and apparently someone who's supposed to be on the show tonight (not in a match) is not able to appear...

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Cue AEW this week*

“Sloppy shop!”

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So anyone else watching this atm?

Pete Dunne is back and heel.

Games of war anyone?

Grime’s selling is making this worth it!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Taz is so old

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good match between Gonzalez and Ripley.

Oh and happy for Gargano, tbh Priest ain’t bad in the bad in the ring but totally wooden as a character. Hopefully Candace pulls off the double!

Bagel
    Really getting a T-Bird & Skank (from The Crow) vibe with Grimes tonight. Like a little worm on a big fucking hook.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tbh I thought the extra zombies were a bit over the top and not really fitting with Lumis. Should’ve really had more of just Lumis on his own but Grimes worked hard to sell it. Okay match but could’ve been executed better.

I mean a big chunk of that match was just Grimes screaming and running back to the arena, why not have Dexter stalk him more.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Taz is so old
    You must spread reputation before giving it to Donald again.

Tables, Ladder and Scares. Pun shout-out for you!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would have had Chad out there to make it Gables, ladders, and scares.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ach well at least Johnny done it for the couple. One out of two ain’t bad and Shirai still has Moon and Storm to contend with for some classics.

Decent show overall. Some good bits and mildly entertaining but not blown away, certainly not a TakeOver level.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe have some urine body part containers so it could be Gables, Bladders and scares

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe have some urine body part containers so it could be Gables, Bladders and scares
    Gable, Drake Maverick pissing himself like he used to with AOP and Dexter Lumis....

Gables, Bladders and Stares.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That show was DOPE. Shotzi hosting was good, she didn't do too much and overstay her welcome and I liked the costume changes. Costume contest leading to Bad News Barrett was delightful.

Gargano/Priest was fun. Good use of the environment and props. Liked how the Wheel that Johnny hates got used near the finish. Great fall from Priest at the end, all the debris and shit helped add to it looking rougher than it probably was. Happy half the Power Couple got it done.

I'll admit McAfee's heel mic work is good at least. Dunne's return alone was a nice surprise but the heel turn was a real jaw dropper. Assumed he was legit backing up KOR and maybe setting up a tag match fro next week and then WHAMMO. Well done. If McAfee becomes the voice of a solid heel stable, I might come around to him being around.

Atlas/Escobar was solid enough. Non-title had me thinking Atlas would win so nice surprise he didn't. I assume he'll contend he deserves another go since there was dirty cheatin' and I'm here for it.

Ripley and Gonzalez went at it full tilt. Just intense beating the shit out of each other. Great stuff with both of them looking like beats at various points. Happy Rhea got the win so she can hopefully get back in the title hunt and I don't think the loss hurt Raquel as she got to look very impressive even in defeat.

Haunted House of Terror was much better than I expected. Yeah, there was some corny spooky stuff but Grimes is an idiot who would be spooked by all that, so it works. Plus I think the editing was good, it moved along nicely, and I liked that it was split between the location and actually in the CWC. The zombies contortionists were dope and Dex standing in the foggy ring with them slithering around and climbing on him was badass. We just rewatched the first four Friday the 13th flicks a few days ago and this felt like it fit right in there with that stuff. The shower scene was particularly hilarious. Great stuff. I hope this feud isn't over, though, and that we do get a legit straight in-ring match between them as well.

Was very surprised that Io retained after Johnny won the NA Title. Was sure Candace also winning was a lock. Really good match with some nasty spots/bumps with the hardware. Was surprised Shotzi got in the mix to help and also that the Ghostface person was not unmasked (I assume it was Indi and we'll find out later).

Damn fun show that I personally thought was better than the last TakeOver (hell, maybe better than TakeOver XXX while I'm at it).
    Last edited by mth; October 29th, 2020 at 12:11 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually on reflection, I’ll give the Horror match extra points for Grimes caving in one of the zombies.

Could’ve made more use of Lumis but maybe that’s me being petty. Like Grimes running down the road for example, should’ve stopped to take a breath then look behind and Lumis is Terminator walking and he has to keep running. Majority of the credit has to go to Grimes here.

Show could’ve done without that shit Shockmaster bit though. Typical corny WWE humour.
    Last edited by Badger; October 29th, 2020 at 12:23 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Indi Hartwell was supposed to be the one in the Scream get-up but she's the one who had to quarantine and not be at the show hence the lack of reveal.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Enjoyed that a lot, but the Dexter/Grimes match scared the living shit out of my boy.

Shotzi wasn’t over the top, which was nice and unexpected.

Best match was the opener, I suppose, but I really enjoyed Rhea and Gonzalez too and nothing was bad.

Also, didn’t post last week, but I was super happy to see Lorcan and Burch take the belts. Two hard working dudes right there and they deserve this push they’re seemingly getting. Loved the Dunne, Mcafee stuff too. Saw the turn coming, but still great. And a great little nod to Strong turning on Dunne a couple of years ago. I mean, why would Dunne help anyone in UE?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since BGM's having power issues and won't be posting for a bit, I got this:
    Quote Originally Posted by main page
    Last night's NXT show, promoted as Halloween Havoc, was a big success with TV ratings as the show generated 876,000 viewers, beating AEW's Dynamite - with 781,000 viewers - for the first time since the summer. In the 18-49 demographic Dynamite held onto its dominance, finishing in 12th spot on the night with a 0.32 rating while NXT posted one of its strongest numbers in recent memory with a 0.25 rating for 21st spot. It also beat Dynamite in the people 12-34 category for perhaps the first time ever.

-- NXT's 876,000 viewers is one of the highest the show has ever gotten going head-to-head against Dynamite and the combined audience of 1.657 million was also the highest wrestling viewership on Wednesday since early February.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for them, hell yeah

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah fuck aew go get em nxt

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry for the delay...winter weather caused a lot of power outages and I finally got power back.

The overall set design looked very cool. Production is always a strength of WWE and I feel like NXT can mainline that stuff and get the goods. I liked the fact that was pretty much presented as a Takeover-lite, including special entrances. Shotzi owned the role as the host and she came off very well. I knew Barrett was going to dress up like himself, haha. That was a good callback.

The weapons definitely spiced up an already played out traditional match between Gargano and Priest. The sliced bread spot on the steps was pretty awesome. Poor Priest has to take gnarly bumps on ring steps lol. The match was pretty entertaining and it was clever to have the mystery person to tip the scales in Gargano's favor. The decision wasn't an outright surprise but it does seem like Priest's reign as champion was stunted somewhat. Honestly, I've seen enough of him to know they either need to move him up to the NXT title picture or figure a plan to get him onto the main roster within the next couple of months. He's really come a long way over the last few months, and he likely has Bálor to think for that. Gargano is likely going to have Priest as a thorn in his side in the immediate future but Bronson Reed was also presented as someone who will be gunning for Gargano too.

McAfee has to be one of the best talkers in WWE and has total control of himself when he's on a run of heavy dialogue. His story as to why he was vengeful towards UE but unable to retaliate in swift fashion made sense. His rationale for picking who he picked made sense, too. Seeing Dunne return was great to see. Looks like the young man has been hitting the gym hard as hell during the pandemic. The "baby weight" is off him and the dude looks shredded. Wonderful callback to have him ultimately pull a ruse on KOR as UE turned Strong as they were a tag team a couple of years ago. He is better utilized as a heel so this is good realignment for him. Big advancement and more clarity from one week to the next. Babyface UE is here now. Looking forward to see how this culminates over the next few weeks.

Atlas/Escobar felt incredible rushed, which is a bummer. That's okay as long as they follow through and use this as more of a chapter two of their story. Atlas is running into the same problems Scott had previously so we have to see how he's going to account for those if he truly wants to dethrone Escobar.

Rhea/Raquel was really solid. That was a great payoff for a feud that's been built for a while between two powerhouse women. Big E likes the beefy men slapping meat but the two showed that women can have a haas fight as well. I thought commentary really did a solid job conveying that these two were thrown off because they haven't come across an opponent as physically imposing as they are. Raquel had her version of the Tour of the Islands...wow. The head scissors counter by Rhea? Wildly athletic and impressive. The match was evenly booked and didn't hurt Raquel whatsoever. She's been more of a factor than Dakota over recent weeks so the dynamic between the two of them is likely going to be altered, with Ember and Dakota about to square off.

They tried a little too hard with Maverick and Dain. Probably sounded better on paper versus the actual execution.

Lumis/Grimes struck me as three things: campy, B-movie horror, and sports entertainment. It's really hard to weave all three of those together and I'm sure the milage varied for different people but I think they were able to produce an entertaining "match" here. It certainly helps to have a guy like Grimes as the vibrant part of the story and having an opposite in Lumis goes a long way.

Ciampa delivers a great promo, and it certainly seems like we're getting what I was anticipating in the sense he's a character with motivation based on convenience. He was a soulless heel when he returned but has kind of eased back into a protector of himself and NXT. Just don't get too cute and give Dream more than he needs with this.

Poppy and Io is a marriage made in NXT heaven. The main event had a hell of a lot of bumps in it. Massive props to these two for putting their bodies on the line for a fantastic finale for the evening. Shotzi surprisingly being the equalizer for the ghost-face mystery attacker was a surprise but it was fitting. I like the fact that they zagged when it could have been presumed they made the night about the Gargano's having all of the gold after Johnny got the title to start the show. Io's got a lot of talent chasing her, starting with Rhea. That's been a feud that's been money waiting to happen for NXT and it looks like they can finally go towards that now.

Kudos to NXT earning a ratings "win" over AEW with this episode. In addition to what I outlined at the beginning, this episode gave you pretty much most of what NXT has to offer: theatrics, logical storytelling, strong work in the ring, strong production work. Most importantly, they showed versatility from match to match and promo to promo.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 30th, 2020 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grimes-Dexter was easily the worst cinematic match I've ever seen in my life. Grimes was too animated and Dexter fucking sucks.

I thought the NA and Women's title matches were incredible, especially Io v. Candace. Easily match of the night.

Not a great show but not a terrible show. Definitely curious how Dunne is going to do in a stable. I feel like he's someone who should be coming in solo but that's ok. I was skeptical about his tag team with The Riddle and they were the best thing going in WWE for awhile.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    For someone who thinks FTR is the best tag team of all time, I can't take your Dexter comment seriously.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For someone who thinks FTR is the best tag team of all time, I can't take your Dexter comment seriously.
    lol. I don't think they're the best of all time but I get what you're saying.

Dexter just does nothing for me. He's been playing this gimmick for 10 years and it's never won me over. Plus it doesn't help he's very very bland as a wrestler. He kind of reminds me of Elias in terms of in-ring ability. But the gimmick.....What is it supposed to be because that match last night made zero sense.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just bustin' chops. I like Dexter Lumis, but would like to see how he does in a major feud. I also have never seen or heard of Dexter Lumis prior to his NXT debut. After looking him up and seeing a few videos from him in TNA, I think being silent is much better for him.

Cameron, NC Grimes was a bit annoying with his squealing and panting shit.
    Last edited by Donald; October 30th, 2020 at 3:23 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haunted House of Terror was the best Cinematic match after the Boneyard.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Haunted House of Terror was the best Cinematic match after the Boneyard.
    Unless I’m forgetting one, I agree.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Ummm firefly funhouse at WM was awesome you fuckersm

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ok, we’ve all had a drink.

Ok, just me.

I did enjoy the Firefly Funhouse match also.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Haven't had a drink in a month, Trying to last until Christmas lol... Don't like my odds.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would probably put this one with the MITB match at HQ. I’d have those slightly behind One Final Beat with Gargano/Ciampa, and the two mania cinematic matches as the cream of the crop.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One Final Beat was horrible. Firefly Funhouse Match...man, I still don't know how I feel about that one...I respect it but I can't say I like it. MITB at HQ was pretty damn fun but a bit lackluster in some regards.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah One Final Beat was shite, by far not even the best Johnny/Ciampa match in their rivalry.

The Boneyard is the best cinematic match IMO. Lumis/Grimes as said earlier was okay but felt a bit like Grimes had to work a bit overtime with Lumis not even doing that much to scare him. Kinda like Roderick Strong having to ham it up with the being locked in a boot thing.

Lumis has the base of a creepy character but think needs to turn it on a bit more. He needs bigger feuds than what he’s been getting. It’s not like he’s been handled badly or anything but just something missing a bit to make him really terrifying. I kinda think the thing he had with Dream being halted kinda halted him a bit plus his injury.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally finished this. Loved it, loved the theme, the set up and the matches. Good stuff by NXT

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dexter-Grimes stuff was terrible. I'll let the guy who has Dexter as his avatar who blindly loves everything he does for no reason at all get a pass but anyone else chiming in saying this was good, I don't know what to say.

The big issue is that Dexter is not established enough to warrant this kind of stuff. Nothing about his character has been explained well enough to even understand what the fuck that match was supposed to represent? They tried to make it out like he has some type of supernatural elements to his character, that's news to most.

See, this is what failed him in TNA. They tried to do this weird silent serial killer type approach but it was a dud. That's not to say something similar to this character wouldn't work, but Sam Shaw aka Dexter Lumis has been a failed experiment for 10 years. Maybe they'll learn faster than they did with Jaxson Ryker or whatever they call Gunner now. Another guy who had a good physique yet never amounted to shit despite being heavily featured.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ok to be wrong, ND.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ok to be wrong, ND.
    I'll admit I was wrong about New Day. But that didn't take 10 years to prove me wrong.

I get that his mustache is desirable but does he have a Dark Passenger? Or is he part of the Wyatt Family? They need to flesh this guy out or let him go back to blood spatter analysis with the Ouija board.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that Lumis/Grimes match was embarrassingly bad, I thought.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Grimes isn't going to be anything more than a jobber on the main roster. He needs to be more of a threat.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if they elaborated more on his background and did more of those paintings, that wouldn't be horrible. I did think that was a cool element.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANNOUNCED FOR THIS WEEK:

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Velveteen Dream

Shotzi Blackheart vs. Toni Storm

Ember Moon vs. Dakota Kai

Kushida vs. Cameron Grimes

----

Pretty solid line up. Two potential bangers in the women's division there. Kushida and Grimes should be really fun and it'll be interesting to see if Grimey's still shook after the HHoT match and if things with Lumis aren't over. And I have to admit that watching Dream get his ass whooped on the regular is pretty entertaining so I can get on board with Ciampa stomping him into mush.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seems weak to me, especially after last week's card. Would have rather seen Grimes vs. Lumis in a standard match this week.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Looks solid as to me. Can't really compare it to a loaded, well built card last week. Well you can, but I think it's a little unfair.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Life isn't fair.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight's card looks 100x better than Halloween Havoc imo. This is a Takeover card. You have 4 of the absolute top guys in NXT, you have 4 of the top women in NXT going at it. No fluff anywhere and I make no bones about my dislike of Grimes BUTTTT I'm not the booker and where he's positioned, he's a top player imo.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems weak to me ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Looks solid as to me ....
    Damn

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ember/Dakota was solid with the finish I expected. Not bad to have Ember need to fall and rise a couple times before she gets into title contention rather than going straight to the top of a very healthy division.

Wasn't expecting Grimes/Kushida to go as long or be as competitive as it was as I figured Grimes being spooked would cost him the match sooner. Good stuff though I was expecting Dexter to pop up to spook Grimes rather than just the ref.

Ok, gotta admit, I think I'm getting on board with the Kings of NXT. McAfee's winning me over. Dude can talk and is funny and more charismatic than all of UE put together. As someone who isn't a fan of UE, I rather enjoyed him giving a rundown of their NXT career with jabs and quips and realizing I agreed with him made me realize I can root for these dudes against them and get into this feud. Also, Pete Dunne is dope. Lorcan and Burch are alright, too. With Dain getting his head smashed in tonight, i wouldn't be surprised to see Maverick try to step up on his behalf and get his ass beat to further get heat on the Kings.

Johnny Gargano when he was a face was a guy where I respected him in-ring skill and knew I'd see a good match but found bland as hell as a character but now, heel Johnny Gargano has quickly become one of my favorites in not just NXT but WWE (along with Candace). Dude is a goddamn delight. Dig that Ghostface is being kept in the mix as a pal but not yet revealed.

Blackheart/Storm was good if a little sloppy at times but they did well to cover that with Shotzi being shook by her tank being stolen. Candace smashing it was good heel shit.

Thatcher's stuff isn't particularly interesting to me and if it's being used to introduce this Austin Grey dude, I mean, ok idea, i guess, but meh...

Xia's story continues to intrigue as it seems less like a heel turn and more of a sympathetic thing, maybe...?

Io/Rhea one-on-one is gonna be tremendous.

Dream/Ciampa as the main event kind of surprised me and honestly, if it were my show, I'd ahve switched this with Toni/Shotzi and ended with the tank smash instead. Just not that significant a feud to really feel like it needed to main and not really that great of a match other than the killer finishing sequence with the cool-ass schoolboy into Willow's Bell. Otherwise it was mostly just Ciampa beating the crap outta Dream and smashing his cast a bunch. I was certain something big must be coming, like the return of Karrion Kross, for it to be closing the show but nope, just a win for Ciampa who I suspect is going to be going after Balor when he's clear which is fine (let's get Kushida in that picture soon, please, too, thanks).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The show felt like it was doing well to go with the theme I thought was best to utilize after Takeover: let the ladies do the work and see them deliver.

I thought Dakota/Ember was solid. This will hopefully be something they let sit on the burner for a while. It's imperative to really give Ember time to develop more personality. What we saw from the video package in previous episodes provides steps in the right direction but more will be required. The trajectory is now established with her in the sense she's not going anywhere for the time being so let her evolve. Dakota is going to be a good foil for her and allow that to happen.

Kushida/Grimes had no build but it didn't really need it as these two are phenomenal. Just give them time and you'll get an entertaining match (albeit with a little too much gaga for my liking for the finish). Grimes did a nice job over the course of his time on the episode to show that he was shook from Halloween Havoc. Grimes has really come a long way in the course of a year in NXT. He just looked like a dude without a character and a fun hat that was getting time show off. Now he's got a character and time to work. I'm going to be interested to see how he is utilized over this next year. He's got the easy role of being a gatekeeper in the bag but I do hope he's got a NA championship run in him over the next year. The fact he was so competitive with a well-pushed Kushida makes me optimistic that they'll do well with Grimes.

Very telling that Io, who is usually not interested in most women in the division because she doesn't see them as threats, called out Rhea and wants to face her. Based on the roster over the last several months, this has been the money match NXT has had in its back pocket. They've found ways to keep them apart and then cross paths but not directly (thanks, Queen), so it's good we're finally getting there now. Give me some underwater Io promos again. Rhea's retort was pretty strong.

Pat McAfee is catching on to the whole sports entertainment thing as a crossover performer probably faster than most have in previous instances. Yes he needed to show he could perform when the red light was on for an actual match, but he was ready to knock it out of the park the moment they went forward with pushing Cole/McAfee at Takeover XXX. He's delivering nothing but the goods every time he gets on TV. Just a pure natural. This is a bittersweet program in some ways because it's missing a key figure in Holland but they're doing a great job building up this foursome to take on Undisputed Era. I thought they would go with The Brand as their moniker but The Kings on NXT works well enough. Good job going full circle for the segment with Dain, and continuing the trope that the NXT parking lot is a war zone. Atlas continued that later...my word.

There wasn't a lot there for stakes between Shotzi and Toni so I kind of like the fact that this was presented cold, but they did put effort earlier in the episode to promote it. Didn't make a lot of sense initially (but was welcomed) to see Shotzi rush to the ring but it made sense after the fact because she thought Toni did her wrong by messing with her tank. I feel like we had gone a match or two for Shotzi without the scary spots but that goes back to square one after this one. I would have been incredibly surprised if we got a different result than we did.

It's Toni time. Toni and Ember returned at the last Takeover and they were being pushed in similar fashion but the results of the evening suggest Toni is going to be the one to see the next big shot after Rhea/Io clash. When looking at Toni and Ember as who should get the shot, I would agree that Toni is the one who is worth going for it right now. Yeah, Toni is younger so you've got time to develop her but I think you're going to see a higher level of potential for a more well-rounded "sports entertainer" in Toni right now if you put more of an emphasis on her over Ember. Let's see what she's got.

It's quite remarkable to see how seamless Gargano has made his turn from white meat babyface to utterly cheesy scumbag. Ts and Ps to Shotzi's tank. Ghostface continuing to mingle both with Gargano and Candice makes me think my hunch plays that there's two of them and the exact two being Theory and Indi. Who knew a tank would be that big of a factor but that's a testament to Shotzi getting it over and her being an endearing character. That said...I imagine Robert Stone loved the hell out of that.

Thatch-as-Thatch-Can segments just don't click as anticipated in front of a live crowd. I guess it's setting up a match for someone as a trainee to actually get over on Thatcher. That person looks to be Greene.

Xia's story is likely getting a big wrinkle as early as next week. The fact this is happening on NXT makes me think the payoff is going to be quite significant. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of it.

Ciampa/Dream was a prim and proper ass kicking. Now that Dream has pretty much played out getting beat from the people's he's interacted with since returning, I would be perfectly fine with him stepping way, way into the background for a long time.

No updates on Bálor is a little troubling but the picture seems relatively clear. Ciampa has looked strong and protected (more or less) since he came back, and Kushida has looked fierce since he's been given attention. We really didn't get a clean finish when these two squared off originally and I figure they're both going to run with Bálor or Kushida is ultimately going to get the win over Ciampa and assert himself as the No. 1 contender. Ciampa's promo after NXT went off the air was as passionate as one can be. I doubt it amounts to anything in the big picture but it's certainly worth watching if you have time to for it.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; November 5th, 2020 at 2:10 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Loving the Kings of NXT. Always been high on McAfee and Pete Dunne is my man. Add Lorcan and Birch to the mix and I'm a happy man.

I still love Toni Storm. Glad to see her back.

And Gargano is totally the MVP of NXT. And Candace is seemingly getting more and more comfortable with the heel thing. Lovely.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bit shocking to see NXT lose in the ratings this week. I wonder when people will see past the crap that is AEW. I guess they saw through WCW eventually. Only time will tell.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit shocking to see NXT lose in the ratings this week. I wonder when people will see past the crap that is AEW. I guess they saw through WCW eventually. Only time will tell.
    When you can watch NXT anytime you want on the Network it makes it pretty easy to see why AEW wins the "ratings war".

It's not so much that people like AEW more, it's pretty much the exact same audience, it's just that one isn't available on demand. Right now though I think both shows are pretty solid. I do find it funny that Jericho, Moxley, etc. can barely beat a 3rd brand of virtual nobodies.

It's like if ECW on TNN were competitive with Raw in 1999-2000.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    When you can watch NXT anytime you want on the Network it makes it pretty easy to see why AEW wins the "ratings war".

It's not so much that people like AEW more, it's pretty much the exact same audience, it's just that one isn't available on demand. Right now though I think both shows are pretty solid. I do find it funny that Jericho, Moxley, etc. can barely beat a 3rd brand of virtual nobodies.

It's like if ECW on TNN were beating Raw in 1999-2000.
    Without Jericho, Moxley, Miro, best tag team ever FTR, AEW is a bunch of virtual nobodies. Actually, maybe axe FTR and Miro from that list cause did they ever draw a dime?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t know how it is for Americans, but NXT takes fucking ages to show up in the Network here after it airs.

Fact of the matter is AEW are winning because they are more accessible and they have the bigger names compared to NXT but really it’s a petty victory against WWE’s 3rd class flagship show no matter how many times Jericho comes up with nicknames. Still miles away from being a threat. Not shitting totally on AEW as I still watch and things I do like it. One thing I definitely would say is don’t need to spill blood or try too hard like mock WWE to say “look at us”. Just do their own thing.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also to be honest though storyline-wise not in the AEW title hunt, Cody is still such a mark for himself it’s annoying. I’d love for the day Arn turns on him.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know about when NXT shows up on the network, I always just watch the DVR I have of it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without Jericho, Moxley, Miro, best tag team ever FTR, AEW is a bunch of virtual nobodies. Actually, maybe axe FTR and Miro from that list cause did they ever draw a dime?
    LOL

Don’t know how it is for Americans, but NXT takes fucking ages to show up in the Network here after it airs.

Fact of the matter is AEW are winning because they are more accessible and they have the bigger names compared to NXT but really it’s a petty victory against WWE’s 3rd class flagship show no matter how many times Jericho comes up with nicknames. Still miles away from being a threat. Not shitting totally on AEW as I still watch and things I do like it. One thing I definitely would say is don’t need to spill blood or try too hard like mock WWE to say “look at us”. Just do their own thing.
    It takes about a day or two for the Network. Hulu is next day more often than not but they cut shit out so fuck that.

I agree. Not a real threat to WWE because WWE are an entity that transcends pro wrestling. Nobody in PRO WRESTLING can compete with them. I remember reading some suit from the WWE saying they aren't competing with TNA they're competing with U2, they're competing with Hollywood. AEW only exists because a billionaire's kid needed something to do. WWE have been in the entertainment industry, in general, for almost a century promoting and then expanding to what we see today.

That's why we'll never see a true "Monday Night War" again because WWE are so distant from what they were in 1995-2001 it's not even worth it. AEW might as well say they're going to one day compete against Universal or Viacom.

Also to be honest though storyline-wise not in the AEW title hunt, Cody is still such a mark for himself it’s annoying. I’d love for the day Arn turns on him.
    Cody needs to turn heel and dethrone Moxley. I would love it to be Omega who does it, but I'm ready for Cody to go into Triple H-McMahon family mode. He can get out of that stipulation about the World title. Why? By telling people he owns part of this bitch and he can. But he has to do it against someone just as if not more beloved i.e. Moxley, maybe Kenny if he can recover from this Adam Page crap from the last year.

Then Arn can turn on him lol

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANNOUNCED:

NXT Tag Team Championships
    Lorcan/Burch vs. Breezango

North American Championship
    Johnny Gargano vs. ????

Toni Storm vs. Candice LaRae

Xia Li vs. Raquel Gonzalez

----

I assume the champs retain and UE shows up to brawl with them post victory.

Gargano will defend against a "worthy opponent" to prove he can successfully defend singles gold so I wonder if it'll be a joke person he picks to be easily defeated or lay down for him? They mentioned the masked person in the preview, maybe they'll come out and lay down for him?

Toni/Candice should be a banger.

Xia's storyline is intriguing so I'm curious to see how things develop. I assume she'll lose and then what happens?

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. the copium is strong.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Call me insane but I like both shows.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody has got to start somewhere.