Page 200 of 229 FirstFirst ... 190196197198199200201202203204210 ... LastLast
Results 19,901 to 20,000 of 22879

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah but to me, the key word in your post is "If". He hasn't been proven guilty of anything. If he is guilty, then yes, he should be locked up for a long time. But what if he's innocent?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a knock-on effect, I always hated his gimmick and his wrestling and his wannabe "Prince" bullshit and his sloppy punches and his weird, gangly ass body from the beginning.

He's not that good, has never really been that good, and people just like him because he plays fake "Prince" well. Even though he really doesn't. Prince might have got more pussy than a women's bathroom. Velveeta Cheese Dream looks like he couldn't get pussy if he covered himself in catnip and wandered through a homeless cat shelter with bells on and cat treats.

He sucks. He's probably a pedo. Even if he isn't, he's still the shits. #FireVelveteenDream

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Yeah but to me, the key word in your post is "If". He hasn't been proven guilty of anything. If he is guilty, then yes, he should be locked up for a long time. But what if he's innocent?
    Don't care, because he's the shits either way.
    Last edited by mth; September 10th, 2020 at 4:06 PM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, the Velveteen Dream isn't that good.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the Elimination Chamber, it's not Hell in a Cell, the true most dangerous place in WWE just got its own t-shirt...

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I was down on NXT last week, but I bloody loved it this week. Almost a perfect show, barring Tegan's acting. Actually, the editing of it too. Unless she was supposed to be laughing at the stupidity of it all. Maybe she was.

I loved the title match. And Balor was selling the knee so well that I actually thought Cole was going to win it. Very good match.

Love me some Bronson Reed and that was a really fun match. Even the short Velveteen Dream match was a decent little sprint.

Ripley really needed that win there and no surprise she got it.

Love the Thatcher stuff.

Balor/Kross is going to be epic.

Oh, and Fandango throwing the belt over his shoulder and onto the floor and Breeze totally no-selling it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week 01: 1,179,000 viewers
    Week 02: 1,006,000 viewers
    Week 03: 891,000 viewers
    Week 04: 790,000 viewers
    Week 05: 714,000 viewers
    Week 06: 698,000 viewers
    Week 07: 580,000 viewers
    Week 08: 813,000 viewers
    Week 09: 750,000 viewers
    Week 10: 916,000 (first week to beat AEW)
    Week 11: 810,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 12: 845,000 viewers
    Week 13: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 14: 795,000 viewers (win and win all the demos)
    Week 15: 831,000 viewers (unopposed and Christmas Day)
    Week 16: 548,000 viewers (review and awards show)
    Week 17: 721,000 viewers (not in the top 50 for cable programming for the 18-49 demographic)
    Week 18: 700,000 viewers
    Week 19: 769,000 viewers
    Week 20: 712,000 viewers
    Week 21: 770,000 viewers
    Week 22: 757,000 viewers
    Week 23: 794,000 viewers
    Week 24: 717,000 viewers
    Week 25: 718,000 viewers
    Week 26: 697,000 viewers
    Week 27: 542,000 viewers
    Week 28: 669,000 viewers
    Week 29: 590,000 viewers
    Week 30: 693,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 31: 692,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 32: 665,000 viewers
    Week 33: 637,000 viewers
    Week 34: 663,000 viewers
    Week 35: 604,000 viewers
    Week 36: 592,000 viewers
    Week 37: 731,000 viewers
    Week 38: 715,000 viewers
    Week 39: 673,000 viewers (four thousand behind AEW)
    Week 40: 746,000 viewers (26,000 behind)
    Week 41: 786,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 42: 792,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 43: 759,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 44: 631,000 viewers
    Week 45: 615,000 viewers
    Week 46: 707.000 viewers
    Week 47: 753,000 viewers
    Week 48: 619,000 viewers
    Week 49: 853,000 viewers (No AEW show)
    Week 50: 824,000 viewers (No AEW show)
    Week 51: 849,000 viewers (No AEW, different night)
    WEek 52: 838,000 viewers (No AEW, different night)

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On tap for tonight:

Non-Title Match
    Shotzi Blackheart vs. Io Shirai (opening the show)

NXT Tag Team Title Match
    Breezango vs. Imperium

North American Championship Match
    Damian Priest vs. Timothy Thatcher

Killian Dain & Drake Maverick vs. Roderick Strong & Bobby Fish

----

Very excited for Shotzi/Io as I'm a big fan of both and it should be a real fun match. Will be interesting to see if Shotzi gets screwed by Stone & Co. or gets the shock win to be in line for a title match.

Don't really care to see the tag title match yet again but hopefully it's to put the nail in these two teams going at it and perhaps a new challenger will step up here...Indus Sher come back? Or just El Legado still?

Priest/Thatcher will be an interesting style clash but I'm not really big into either guy.

Not overly interested in the Dain/Maverick shaky alliance angle but I suppose they could become the new team to go after Breezango's titles once they get their shit together so at least it'll freshen/bulk the tag scene.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Priest and Thatcher feel like they have wrestling styles that'll mix about as well as bleach and ammonia. But if they can put something good together, they should still have a Hell of a match.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also: Two MAJOR announcements from William Regal.

I suspect one is making TakeOver on Oct. 4th official. Maybe the other is determining a challenger for Balor? Any other guesses?

ALSO! Wade Barrett is officially signed to the commentary team.
    Last edited by mth; September 16th, 2020 at 6:28 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Also: Two MAJOR announcements from William Regal.

I suspect one is making TakeOver on Oct. 4th official. Maybe the other is determining a challenger for Balor? Any other guesses?

ALSO! Wade Barrett is officially signed to the commentary team.
    Knowing NXT lately, Regal's going to announce six, fatal-four ways with the winners of each match facing each other in a reverse battle royal, where the first four men to make it into the ring wrestle in a tag-team match, each teaming with a partner of their choice, and then the two partners wrestle each other in a ladder match for an NXT title shot, on October 4th.

Because nothing in NXT's booking can ever be simple.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Probably that NXT is moving to Tuesdays.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotzi/Io gonna be crazy. (Try not to kill yourself, Shotzi)

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Shotzi/Io gonna be crazy. (Try not to kill yourself, Shotzi)
    Maybe you should have told Io not to try to kill her, jesus that moonsault.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Maybe you should have told Io not to try to kill her, jesus that moonsault.
    Io's a good enough wrestler. But God, she needs to work on her aim with that moonsault.

Didn't she almost crush Rhea Ripley's skull with one before, too?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xia Li turn, hell yeah.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The match with Io and Shotzi easily could have been a throwaway scenario because it was built last week. It also could have been clunky with both of them being faces. Neither of those things happened. They diid a great job showing that Shotzi was a plucky underdog and had a chance to pull one over on the champ, but the champ showed the resolve to conquer a fighting upstart. Shotzi didn't kill herself entirely over the course of the match either. She showed some technical savvy and some guts along the way. Really good stuff. Hopefully she can move on to a compelling midcard feud until it's her time to push for the title, and hopefully there's a strong Takeover contender for Io.

There's definitely a serious mean streak to Ciampa now, which comes across really well in the ring. Circling back to Atlas, based on the brutality of the beatdown from a few weeks back is a good touch. I think we need to hear from him, though. Gotta let him crush it on the mic to hear why things are so different for him now.

Speaking of talking, excellent stuff from Bálor with his promo. Good way to bring things full circle with his first run and the motivations that time compared to what they are now. The amount of swag coming from him and citing how this title is the title in WWE is something that I like to hear. Championships need to matter. So if that matters, the champion matters. I like that he's representing himself as the brand because he's a star and the company is better because of him.

It was a funny way to build some heat for Theory, coming off a competitive loss last week to Reed, as he had too much confidence and got put in his place. LOVE the intensity and ferocity from Kushida. He showed no mercy to Theory and wrecked him. I imagine the keeps going towards Dream...and everyone is going to want to see Dream get his ass kicked.

This was the right level of cheesiness with Gargano and Candice lol. I really liked that. More stuff like that and less cringe stuff like last week.

The tag title match was pretty dang entertaining. Those two can really deliver quality matches. They don't have the heat of previous tag title matches but the quality is definitely on par with them. There were multiple times where it looked like Imperium was going to take it but the right team won. It was kind of interesting to see Breeze as a major hot tag. Nothing wrong with this and it had the right amount of action and intensity. Hopefully the division can get reignited now. Great first defense for Breezango.

Pleasantly surprised that they had a women's tag match and that it involved Kayden and Kacy. They really fit well together and look like they're a natural team with genuine chemistry. Maybe it was because they had to sell so much against Raquel and Dakota but their ability to string together some natural tandem offense was quite awesome to see. Finisher needs a little more polish but it's rad. There's something to be said that NXT should have the women's tag championships. There's so much depth in the division and pretty much most of the team's on the main roster are makeshift. Some subtle character development by Xia is also great to see.

This storyline for Maverick is certainly a major step down compared to his compelling storyline during the CW title but the main point is that he's actually getting the and getting to show his personality. That was entirely absent on the main roster when they were done using him for the 24/7 title situation. He's a guy that can work in a variety of ways so it's good to see NXT found a home for him. There's a subtle nuance that's but resonates with the combustable tag partners that doesn't always click but I like how it's coming across with Maverick and Dain.

I'm absolutely here for KOR as a face. Good on him calling Ciampa out for doing the tried and true thing of wrecking someone in the parking lot haha. Give me more of this KOR. The eventual match between Ciampa and KOR is going to be awesome. The slow dissolving of Undisputed Era as we know it is pretty jarring to see.

Different way to go about it for naming a new No. 1 contender. I dig it. Without knowing the field outright, it's up in the air who actually lines up as a potential option for Bálor. Something that could be crazy is if we see some crossover between the UE guys within the match. That almost needs to happen, based on what's going on with them.

I don't think I would have believed someone if they told me three months ago Priest/Thatcher would main event an episode of NXT yet they did and it was a pretty damn good match. The IYH Takeover match did wonders for Priest. He's really gotten in a solid groove since then. There's a sense of confidence that actually seems to connect with him now. The thing I love about Thatcher is that it doesn't matter who the opponent is, he's always going to find a way to get the match into his style. He probably doesn't get enough credit for his ability to sell. I like that from him. Those two put together a nice main event and allowed Priest to have a solid defense.

Really solid episode.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late to write up my shit 'cuz I had to do the early shift at work today. But for those of you who give a damn...

Absolute STONKER between Io and Shotzi. I had high hopes and I think they even went above them. Damn-near a TakeOver type of match. Shotzi fucking brought it, girl is amazing. And Io...I love Io but goddamn, for a genius of the sky, she's pretty shitty at landing that moonsault. Probably has a good landing 1 out of 10 times.

Heel Ciampa feels right. Nice to see Atlas get elevated with this feud. I expect good things when they go at it again.

Happy to see Theory get squashed and the new and improved Kushida is dope. Hoping he wins the number one contender's doohicky. Interesting match for the title shot, i am interested.

Tag Title match was one I wasn't particularly interested in but it sucked me in as it going going to the point where I was really hanging on the pinfalls and thought Breezango might actually have a short reign. Good work, boys.

Women's tag bout was a nice showcase for the KCs. Love how their tag team package is coming together and as I've said in the past, would love to see them get a title shot and would even moreso love to see them get that shocking upset win if they do. Xia turning heel is also pretty interesting, particularly if it means they're going to invest more time in her 'cuz she is a queen.

I don't hate the Maverick/Dain angle but I can't say as I'm super duper into it, either. It's fine.

KOR's face turn was out of left field and felt really weird. UE were ALL ABOUT that shit and suddenly, inexplicably, and uncharacteristically KOR's condemning it. Whatevs. Just break up UE already, man.

Priest/Thatcher delivered. I'm fairly lukewarm on both of them overall but they can both go in the ring and they did and it worked real good. Loved that top rope spin kick from Priest, that's a move I'd only seen in a video game before now.

Really pumped for next week's show.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    That tag title match was bloody good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They just need some damn depth and then they can be in business with that division.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know what it is with Io and these damned moonsaults of hers? Should’ve been easy to tell that Shotzi was too far out for her to connect properly.

Otherwise a great match and I’m no fan of Shotzi’s character but she did well here.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Io Shirai -- (Sometimes) Master Of The Sky.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The five participating in the Gauntlet Eliminator:
    1. Bronson Reed
    2. Kyle O’Reilly
    3. Timothy Thatcher
    4. Kushida
    5. Cameron Grimes

Very interesting that Cole, Gargano aren't in the mix.
    Unless I'm missing something, I have to imagine we're getting Grimes versus Bálor at Takeover.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bronson Reed seems like he's been getting a pretty solid push. They've got some equity built up in him after the ladder match and his TV mini-feud with Austin Theory.

He's my prediction to win the gauntlet. He won't beat Balor, but they'll still have a great match.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Kushida's winning it. The return and more aggressive refresh feels similar to Balor's return to NXT and I've read they've had some history in Japan which i think could play into the build.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Kushida's winning it. The return and more aggressive refresh feels similar to Balor's return to NXT and I've read they've had some history in Japan which i think could play into the build.
    I still imagine Dream and Kushida are going to cross paths. KOR and Ciampa are clearly doing that. Thatcher has already faced Bálor. Reed maybe has a path but I think that's too much, too soon. Grimes and Bálor are split in matchups and they'll definitely have a strong match.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Grimes seems to be the most logical booking wise, but I could see them going with Reed as well.

Thatcher has already lost to Finn (and hasn't really earned any sort of title match) and the other two have stories ready outside of the title picture.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kushida feels like he's primed for a feud with The Velveeta Cheese Pedophile.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KUSHIDA should go back to Japan.

He's being wasted. Should absolutely be on the Main Roster or at least the NXT Champion.

KUSHIDA vs Finn Balor will remedy all of my concerns

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Kushida feels like he's primed for a feud with The Velveeta Cheese Pedophile.
    Is this going to be a thing? I mean I get the reason behind why you're not a fan of people like Velveteen but there are actual wrestlers who admitted and/or were found to have been doing weird shit and you're dead silent. But you've made countless claims with zero proof........odd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    KUSHIDA should go back to Japan.

He's being wasted. Should absolutely be on the Main Roster or at least the NXT Champion.

KUSHIDA vs Finn Balor will remedy all of my concerns
    I think wrestlers know what they're getting into when they sign with a giant like WWE. I would love to see the match. I don't see Kushida as NXT champ though.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nash, there's 100% concrete proof out there that Velveteen Dream is a pedophile. Leave him alone!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nash, there's 100% concrete proof out there that Velveteen Dream is a pedophile. Leave him alone!
    lol. Yep, tons of it that's why he's in prison oh wait....

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He's guilty. And that's coming from a guy who is a huge Velveteen Dream fan. So it must be true.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Is this going to be a thing? I mean I get the reason behind why you're not a fan of people like Velveteen but there are actual wrestlers who admitted and/or were found to have been doing weird shit and you're dead silent. But you've made countless claims with zero proof........odd.

- - - Updated - - -

I think wrestlers know what they're getting into when they sign with a giant like WWE. I would love to see the match. I don't see Kushida as NXT champ though.
    I don't follow many of the other wrestlers who were accused of all of their litany of terrible sexual misdeeds and misconducts. I do have to see this sack of shit on my TV/laptop screen every time I watch NXT. And sometimes in a featured spot. That's why I shit talk him. Dude's a pedo, and if what they're saying he did is true, he should be hung from a tree in the town square and beaten with sharp sticks until all the candy falls out of his candy pedo ass.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't follow many of the other wrestlers who were accused of all of their litany of terrible sexual misdeeds and misconducts. I do have to see this sack of shit on my TV/laptop screen every time I watch NXT. And sometimes in a featured spot. That's why I shit talk him. Dude's a pedo, and if what they're saying he did is true, he should be hung from a tree in the town square and beaten with sharp sticks until all the candy falls out of his candy pedo ass.
    There's a loophole so they can't charge him.
    https://twitter.com/MattyOrtizDrip/s...539848707?s=19

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm heading out the door in a few minutes with my pitchfork and torch. Going right to Velveteen Dream's house and protest. Who's with me?

Edit: nevermind, it's a 9+ hour drive, fuck that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess I can understand your thought process. It's like you thinking you're not racist when it's clear you are, actual comments showing you are a racist despite you denying it to the grave.

So if the idea is that this dude is a pedo despite all he did was talk some weird shit to a 17 year old.....I know girls who were that age doing worse shit with guys and girls in their mid-late 20's. If talking online is the new "KILL THEM ALL" approach to whatever issue you have with Dream, I guess.

There's a loophole so they can't charge him.
    https://twitter.com/MattyOrtizDrip/s...539848707?s=19
    The guy talking looks like he has kids in his basement.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking weird, sexual shit to a literal child is the first step toward actually doing something.

I've got no time and no place for anyone who does anything sexually untoward to a kid.

Fuck him. Dream's a good looking guy with a lot of money who's on TV. Dude should be drowning in pussy-- 18 year old pussy, not auditioning for "To Catch A Predator" with Billy Dumbfuck who doesn't know well enough not to talk to creepy strangers.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking weird, sexual shit to a literal child is the first step toward actually doing something.

I've got no time and no place for anyone who does anything sexually untoward to a kid.

Fuck him. Dream's a good looking guy with a lot of money who's on TV. Dude should be drowning in pussy-- 18 year old pussy, not auditioning for "To Catch A Predator" with Billy Dumbfuck who doesn't know well enough not to talk to creepy strangers.
    17 isn't a literal child my guy. My friend Toni was 16 and moved out into her own apartment. I don't think children are allowed to do that shit. Plus her man was 25.

Is it that it was a dude? I'm being serious and you're someone who has already dug his own grave plenty of times so admitting you take issue with a black dude in his early 20's talking to a 17 year old dude online, it wouldn't be a shock. Honestly, it wouldn't be a shock if many people took issue, I get it. Maybe he's gay and has no desire to get 18 year old pussy and should've aimed for 18 year old anus.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I guess I can understand your thought process. It's like you thinking you're not racist when it's clear you are, actual comments showing you are a racist despite you denying it to the grave.

So if the idea is that this dude is a pedo despite all he did was talk some weird shit to a 17 year old.....I know girls who were that age doing worse shit with guys and girls in their mid-late 20's. If talking online is the new "KILL THEM ALL" approach to whatever issue you have with Dream, I guess.

The guy talking looks like he has kids in his basement.
    He looks like Jason Mantzoukas but that doesn't make him wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    17 isn't a literal child my guy. My friend Toni was 16 and moved out into her own apartment. I don't think children are allowed to do that shit. Plus her man was 25.

Is it that it was a dude? I'm being serious and you're someone who has already dug his own grave plenty of times so admitting you take issue with a black dude in his early 20's talking to a 17 year old dude online, it wouldn't be a shock. Honestly, it wouldn't be a shock if many people took issue, I get it. Maybe he's gay and has no desire to get 18 year old pussy and should've aimed for 18 year old anus.
    I take issue with any grown adult having sexy times talk with anyone under 18. Male or female. I also don't care that Teenycream Pedo is black. He's a gross sack of shit, who deserves to be blackballed.

People wanted Matt Riddle's head on a stake because some psycho ex-bitch of his claimed he fooled around on his wife with her.

This Michael Jackson pedo cover up shit is leagues worse than any of that. And nobody seems willing to do anything about it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He looks like Jason Mantzoukas but that doesn't make him wrong.
    I guess I can somewhat see it lol

I take issue with any grown adult having sexy times talk with anyone under 18. Male or female. I also don't care that Teenycream Pedo is black. He's a gross sack of shit, who deserves to be blackballed.

People wanted Matt Riddle's head on a stake because some psycho ex-bitch of his claimed he fooled around on his wife with her.

This Michael Jackson pedo cover up shit is leagues worse than any of that. And nobody seems willing to do anything about it.
    To be fair, Riddle DID cheat on his wife and this chick was just a stage 5 clinger....depending on who you believe.

I 100% believe if this was a 17 year old dude and a 22 year old female wrestler you wouldn't be saying shit.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, Riddle DID cheat on his wife and this chick was just a stage 5 clinger....depending on who you believe.

I 100% believe if this was a 17 year old dude and a 22 year old female wrestler you wouldn't be saying shit.
    I'd probably say the kid's a lucky prick.

But that still doesn't make it okay. Shit still smells funky in the state of Denmark, no matter how you size it up.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The thing that's different than just a normal statutory rape case is Dream being a celebrity to these kids and these kids being fans and more easily swayed and influenced to make decisions they might not normally make because of the fact they're fans and Dream essentially having power over them. That's what makes this grooming.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing that's different than just a normal statutory rape case is Dream being a celebrity to these kids and these kids being fans and more easily swayed and influenced to make decisions they might not normally make because of the fact they're fans and Dream essentially having power over them. That's what makes this grooming.
    Either way, we need to call Chris Hansen.

"Mr. Velveteen Dream, why don't you come over here and have a seat?"

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    In cheating on a spouse, are both people horrible people?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On tap for tonight:

* Tommaso Ciampa vs. Jake Atlas

* Gauntlet Eliminator with Bronson Reed, Kushida, Kyle O’Reilly, Cameron Grimes and Timothy Thatcher, to determine the new #1 contender for NXT Champion Finn Balor at Takeover

* Battle Royal with Rhea Ripley, Dakota Kai, Raquel Gonzalez, Candice LeRae, Tegan Nox, Shotzi Blackheart, Kayden Carter, Kacy Catanzaro, Aliyah, Xia Li, and Indi Hartwell to determine the new #1 contender to NXT Women’s Champion Io Shirai for a title shot at Takeover

----

Will be nice to see Atlas get some spotlight against a major player. Should be a good match. Will be curious to see if this becomes a long term feud or if this'll be the end of it.

Gauntlet stip is interesting and all the guys can go so it should deliver. Like I said before, I think Kushida's winning but I could see Dream appearing to screw him out of the win. Otherwise, I'll be rooting for Grimey and Reed as usual.

I suspect the Women's Battle Royal will be a bit standard until it gets down to the final few where it should get more compelling. I'd say Rhea's probably most likely to win with Shotzi perhaps being the runner-up.

What say you folks?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - I think Ciampa will still crush him. Maybe a bit competitive but not very much I expect.

- Leaning Kushida but wouldn’t be surprised at a Dusty finish and it becomes a triple threat. They like that stuff.

- Leaning Rhea but see above the except with Shotzi involved with Rhea.

Should be a great episode either way.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://twitter.com/JonAlba/status/1...457534977?s=19

I'll be interested to see what changes get made tonight. Maybe retribution shows up and wreaks havoc or something. It would make more sense than what they're doing on RAW.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No keep that Retribution shit away please!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Changes should be William Regal coming and saying "You know what? Why am I having a gauntlet match when the number one contender should be the best wrestler in the world, Tony Nese!"

I'd also have Lars Sullivan return and set up a Lars vs. Tomasso program.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My boy Atlas is going to get ran through

Cameron Grimes for the win

Xia Li would be dope. As long as it's not Kayden. Did anyone like her tag-team finish with Kacy? I liked the idea but Kayden is pretty terrible.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changes should be William Regal coming and saying "You know what? Why am I having a gauntlet match when the number one contender should be the best wrestler in the world, Tony Nese!"

I'd also have Lars Sullivan return and set up a Lars vs. Tomasso program.
    I think it’s gotten to the point I’d rather they just cut ties with Lars now and if things get better later down the line then maybe he resurfaced and return. Don’t think it’s worth the shitstorm now and he still has mental issues.

I don’t think they could even easily slot him into a program. Give him time, could even take years for him to make any kind of comeback but would rather him stay away longer for the long term benefit rather than bring him back quick to bring a gap.

Worst comes the worst he finds work elsewhere but the way things are, can see nothing but negative if they brought him back now.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Announced for TakerOver:
    NXT North American Championship
    Damien Priest vs. Johnny Gargano

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Announced for TakerOver:
    NXT North American Championship
    Damien Priest vs. Johnny Gargano
    I can certainly see either winning that. Considering Priest has been on a roll with matches, that should be a very good match.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Money’s on Priest. Funny feeling they’ve put Gargano in that heel role that will put guys over but no doubt the match will be a bang.

A slight take on the SAS motto here but “Who cares who wins?” The match will rock!
    Last edited by Badger; September 23rd, 2020 at 4:20 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evil Ciampa is best Ciampa.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting approach to slightly sweeten the crowd noise...with no crowd, haha. Weird to have Vic Joseph AND Wade Barrett off commentary.

Definitely a good amount of indie wrestlers mixed in with NXT projects to fill out the ring for the battle royal. Even with that, and an injury absence by Tegan, there was a lot of depth in that ring. It feels like you don't really see this, but it was nice to see a story of two, in this case, women dominate the field. You usually just see one get the Diesel/Kane push with eliminations but seeing two get that helped build anticipation to see Rhea and Raquel square off. Unfortunately it felt like they didn't milk that more when it came to the finishing stretch of the match. I guess that keeps it more open that they'll circle back to it later. Kacy got the moments to show off her crazy athleticism and there was a nice touch to show that Kayden was still there for her.

With the presumed favorite out, Candice became a top choice. She's been out of the title picture for a while and her character has gotten some better seasoning in the meantime. I imagine Tegan finds a way to derail the pursuit or could be a huge moment of redemption if Candice somehow pulls out a miracle championship win. Candice and Io had a great Takeover match before, so I anticipate this will deliver the goods once again.

This was more of a physical side from Atlas in his match with Ciampa. It came across rather naturally, so that's good to see that versatility. Ciampa got aggressive when he picked his spot to cut off Atlas' attempt for the cartwheel DDT. Don't really know why Ciampa took the kneepad off when it didn't lead to anything, haha.

The promo package hyping the five guys competing for the gauntlet eliminator was well done but it probably would have served better to air last week. I like how 4/5 of them talked about gunning for Bálor and the championship. Feels like most people talk about just the championship, so people are gunning for him and the title.

It seemed weird as a premise but I actually didn't hate the idea of the cluster tag match, creating a No. 1 contenders match, then setting up a Takeover match. I don't feel like we've seen that in execution in a while, if ever, so this made good use of four teams in a bit of a unique way. Part of me thinks was a makeshift way to acclimate to the outbreak that happened within NXT. Seems likely Fish was part of that outbreak and that might mean we see Cole/Strong as the representation for UE. That's interesting.

Priest's promo earlier in the show didn't really click and felt overly released but his match was still fine. His moveset seems to be growing and it all looks gnarly. Like all of the big stuff almostt comes across better than his actual finisher. There seems to be a weird approach to Theory. He clearly got demoted. He's getting a lot of TV time, actually looks decent or given a fair amount of the matches (more than he probably should) but he always loses. He has an extremely bland character but his actual work in the ring is very sharp. Not sure what the end game is other than some humble pie. The fact that Candice got the Takeover opportunity, that makes me more intrigued in seeing Priest/Gargano because it's an opportunity to follow through on them gaining the gold together. The mixed tag match will be fun.

What a whacky but intriguing teaser package. Sounds like a former champion is coming back to NXT at Takeover. I seriously thought that was a commercial for a video game at first. Let the speculation begin...

It feels like the CW title has been on ice for a few weeks so I'm glad it's coming back around to see a conclusion between Scott and Escobar. I imagine that'll be a TV match in the next two or three weeks.

The Ridge Holland video promo just made me miss Pete Dunne and wish Tyler Bate was in NXT. Holland seems like he could be an interesting weapon but I'm not sure where exactly he's going to fit in but they may have plenty of time to let him develop. The fact he just had a squash seems to help lend credence to the idea they'll take it easy with building him. That's for the best.

KOR and Kushida starting the main event was a great way to go. Those two were going to mesh together incredibly well and set the pace for the match being evenly matched and highly competitive. Reed was going to be a fit in any position outside of the start because he was going to look great as a wrecking ball to the existing field. As expected, Dream ruined things for Kushida. I'm fine with that because it means those two are going to square off and with a more aggressive and now pissed off Kushida, The Timesplitter is about to destroy Dream.

I like the general theme of how the match played out. KOR was going to be the worker who went the distance. You shouldn't really be behind him based on his history but the way he worked the match built some support for him as he inevitably goes solo. You had the great tease of that only to see the shithead come in and ruin things. Surprisingly they didn't go that route. Time to heat KOR up. Should be a REALLY technical and dramatic match between KOR and Bálor. Just on their ability, that's worthy of being a Takeover main event.

Outside of Gargano, I like how the episode placed an emphasis on eventual contender's having to earn a way to championship match. Considering how that is often a flimsy premise on the main roster, it's appreciated that the simple act of progression through action is utilized.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Takeover guess:

Bálor vs. KOR
    Io vs. Candice
    Priest vs. Gargano
    Breezango vs. ??

Anything out of the grab bag of..
    Kushida vs. Dream
    Raquel vs. Rhea
    Escobar vs. Scott

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be happy with that card and any of those 3 matches as the pre-show match.

I just want them to do Takeover: Halloween Havoc.

But I know that's not going to happen.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, it took me until halfway through the main event of the show to realize there was no live crowd and it was piped in noise and an empty arena.

Battle Royal was solid. I didn't think of Candace earlier because I figured she and Tegan would be an aside to the title feud but after Tegan was out backstage I picked Candace as soon as she made her entrance. Kacey with the rad-ass ninja spots was dope, though I think there was a quick pull away where she might've taken an accidental spill. Sham ea few important eliminations happened during the ad, such as Xia Li's. Cool to have a few unknowns in there there. Really good stuff at the finish with Shotzi/Candace. Io/Candace being revisited is good, I missed their first TakeOver match, and with the face/heel roles reversed, it should be interesting.

Ciampa/Atlas was what I expected, a strong showing for Jake and the dominant win for Ciampa. Yeah, very odd he pulled down the kneepad but then went for the Fairytale Ending.

Gotta admit I skipped through the odd-couple tag team match 'cuz I didn't really care. Burch's finisher was dope, though.

I'm not particularly connected with Priest as a character and think he was much better suited to being a heel but he delivers in the ring and I really enjoy his style and matches. Also, I don't mind seeing Theory get beat up and I like the idea of him being a super cocky young dude that just loses all the time.

Didn't see the teaser vignette so I'll have to track that down. EDIT: Saw it on Youtube. Intriguing. Hope to the gods of wrestling it's not Retribution related. If it's someone returning I'm gonna guess Bo Dallas.

Scott/Escobar again? Yes, please!

I'm intrigued by Holland. Reminds me of a young Lesnar.

Welp, the KOR face turn seems even more obvious (and still feels a bit unnatural). Once the gauntlet started I said to the wife that KOR would probably win because he's the guy I'm least interested in of the bunch and then once Kushida was out (thought Dream might cost him at TakeOver rather than here when i picked him to win), I knew that's where it was going to go. Reed got to look a beast and Grimey got a fair bit of time to shine, as well, so that was good. KOR can go in the ring but fuck...can UE just break up and these dudes can just get a bit of new paint and polish? I want to care more. The match is going to be good but I won't be particularly invested. I actually thought Cole/Strong might attack him when they came out to hug to close the show but nerrrrp.
    Last edited by mth; September 24th, 2020 at 12:57 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Jinder Mahal an NXT champion?

Maybe its him?

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Jinder Mahal an NXT champion?

Maybe its him?
    Nope.

Closest he got was to the final of tournament to crown the first champion where he lost to Rollins.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Man, I'm hoping it's fucking Neville.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I'm hoping it's fucking Neville.
    Nah not him. He’s not been on AEW TV recently due to travel restrictions.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, but didn't big bad Miro say he met PAC backstage at AEW a couple of weeks ago?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, but didn't big bad Miro say he met PAC backstage at AEW a couple of weeks ago?
    No

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was asked about him but he didn’t say he met him.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was probably hiding somewhere with his other troll friends. No wonder Miro didn't see him.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    People on reddit think it's Bo Dallas, which I would be ok with. I want to Bo-lieve.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Haven't seen him in a long time. Hope it is!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    NXT was good this week, but I enjoyed NXT UK more. Well, the opener really. Walter and Huxley was a brilliant little hard hitting scrap. Actually, REALLY hard hitting. Yikes.

Not really feeling The Hunt as a tag team. Bit cringe, but Pretty Deadly I love. The look, the entrance theme. Brilliant.

Enjoyed the main event, KLR and Niven, but I felt the end made Niven look quite weak, given the ‘injury’ to Ray. A simple little cannonball into an unprotected turnbuckle finishing off Niven after all that was kinda piss poor.

Intrigued by the Heritage Cup, but I don’t expect to be loving it. I know it’s a UK old school thing, but rounds in wrestling I can’t see me being able to easily get in to. That said, I’ll try and go in with an open mind.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bo Dallas or Bobby Roode makes the most sense.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest I thought it was a woman at first.

I heard Roode was going to returning to Raw soon, not sure if WWE announced it or what. Bo Dallas......You know what? That guy was solid in NXT, had a solid gimmick coming up in terms of midcard comedy that could have morphed into something else. Definitely wasn't ready when he showed up with the black glove on at Rumble years ago.

My question is this....In this day and age, can a guy like him transform and be something else or is he stuck in some comedy shit for eternity?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Takeover guess:

Bálor vs. KOR
    Io vs. Candice
    Priest vs. Gargano
    Breezango vs. ??

Anything out of the grab bag of..
    Kushida vs. Dream
    Raquel vs. Rhea
    Escobar vs. Scott
    Has been updated to
    Bálor vs. KOR
    Io vs. Candice
    Priest vs. Gargano
    Kushida vs. Dream
    Anything else is TBD.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed to see the thread quiet today/night.

Guess I gotta start off by geeking out that Dexter Lumis is back! And he might feud with Grimes! Hell yes. Everything's comin' up mth.

Shotzi/Dakota was real solid and goddamn, does Shotzi have to almost die every week? Like, it's kind of a badass thing but also scary. Wouldn't mind seeing these two going at it over the title sometime down the road.

Great video confrontation between Scott and Escobar.

Was it me or was the mystery video person seemingly female?

Cameron Grimes is the best. I could get behind a face Holland.

Nese always makes me think of Donald and that's kind of nice 'cuz it almost automatically makes me invest in the match wondering how Donald's reacting and have fun knowing we're on opposite sides rooting for/against him. Kushida squashing him was pleasing, heh. Hoping Kushida steamrolls through Dream and moves on to challenger Balor after TakeOver.

DID I MENTION DEXTER IS BACK?!? Melly actually popped before me because I was expecting him to turn around into Regal so it took my brain a second to process.

Face UE does nothing for me so I barely listened to Cole's promo and as I've said, he and Thoery could have a Battle of the Blandest and by gawd, they did, so I skipped it.

Love the KCs and am a big Xia Li fan and the heel turn is interesting.

A video and a sit down were not enough to get me into KOR. The match should be decent but I expect it to be like Priest's match with Balor where he gets to shine really good and have a break out performance that he loses. KOR winning and getting a post-match beatdown from UE would do more for me personally.

Main event tag was fine and it's fun to have mixed tags where the guys/gals can mix it up a bit. Love the Garganos and how they operate when they're out there together. So much fun to hate them. Figured they'd get the win in this kind of fashion so they could stand tall going into their title shots.

Can't say as I'm super hyped for TakeOver's card personally but it should be a solid enough show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It took a while for Dakota and Shotzi to get going but I liked how they meshed together. I really get squeamish watching Shotzi push the limi with how much punishment she'll put her body through and that suplex on the apron was tough to watch. Raquel being neutralized by Rhea certainly opened the door for Shotzi to get the upset. It seems like NXT doesn't seem to be involved with the upcoming draft but the results and impending results make me wonder if Dakota and Raquel could be getting jobbed out before they move off NXT.

The split-screen treatment for Escobar/Scott was serviceable. It's kind of dragging its way to Takeover but those two will deliver when it comes to getting it done in the ring on Sunday.

They're leaving it open for the surprise return Sunday, open for being a female or male. I don't have a great guess but I'm looking forward to seeing who it is.

NXT's Prime Target mini-docs are top, top shelf. WWE booking can get incredibly lazy and repetitive. They'll provide you a match and you really don't see why you should be compelled to root for someone. This put effort and energy into giving you a reason to root for Kyle O'Reilly. It gave you much-needed backstory into his motivations and his time he's put into the business. It was a nice touch having him talk about how he's never been able to really cross paths with Bálor until now. There is a disconnect, which mth has mentioned, in the sense that the turning of him and UE seems unnatural. They've missed that step in some ways but his sincerity is coming off as genuine, which certainly helps.

I like how they're explaining that Kushida has been frustrated with the adjustment coming to America wearing on him and how that's now being projected with how he operates in the ring. I always dig how he subtly finds a way to go after someone's arm. That entry point generally comes out of nowhere but then he cranks things up after he's found his opening. Based on how the story has been framed with Dream/Kushida, I'd be quite surprised if Kushida doesn't get a big Takeover win.

Holland and Grimes certainly wouldn't be a feud I would anticipate but that might be a good way for multiple things to happen. Grimes can stay on TV and carry a program with someone by talking for the two of them. Holland can get some additional TV time and work with someone very strong in the ring and learn from them. Either that, or a returning Lumis and Grimes works well enough. With Lumis back, I do wonder if they circle back to Lumis and Dream but now as foes.

It was probably just a timing issue but it seems odd that Cole didn't get a proper entrance. Theory's opponents continue to get tougher as the weeks go by and he continues to get moments to show out during them. They're natural ebbs and flows within a match but he does look like a guy who can certainly hold his own in the ring against top talent within the brand. His face gets awfully blue/purple as matches go on though, haha. There is something that feels cloaked in terms of Cole's cheerleading for KOR after the match. Defending the name of UE before the match and teeing up the matchup with Theory made sense, but it felt like a step too far afterwards.

I like what they're doing with Kayden/Kacy and Xi. The bit at the end where they were basically trying to lock up one another for a roll-up finish could have been clunky but I thought that it looked good. It feels like Xi really hasn't gotten a lot of time over recent months so her getting this time with some attitude provides some optimism that something will come of the effort.

Quite unfortunate to have that Legends Lounge segment play out Monday and HBK had to be "magically" right back up and ready to go two days later. Minor gripe, but I'm sure they could have worked around that. The split-screen dueling promos served it's purpose earlier in the show and this face-to-face served its purpose too. I thought it gave another opportunity to show KOR's personalty and charm. Bálor really didn't put up with any of it and spoke like he knows he's not going to lose. The good thing was that KOR spoke the same way, so now I'm just ready to see them duke it out.

The promos for the mixed tag competitors over the course of the night were great. The Power Couple was insufferable and the champions actually had much more chemistry together than I anticipated. It got surprisingly sexual for the entrance for the champions lol. As for the match, it was good but that wasn't a surprise considering the participants. You would think The Garganos would win as they're more accustomed to working together, and you needed to create the seed of doubt that the champions are going to retain on Sunday.

Takeover 31:
    Bálor versus O'Reilly for the NXT Championship
    Io versus Candice for the NXT Women's Championship
    Priest versus Gargano for the North American Championship
    Escobar versus Scott for the Cruiserweight Championship
    Kushida versus Dream

Not a lot of building done for the matches but they should all be high quality.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; September 30th, 2020 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super sad news about Nox suffering yet another ACL tear. That girl's whole WWE run has been ACL tears.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor girl can’t catch a break.

Wild guess for the mystery person at TakeOver, think it could be female so maybe Ember Moon?

Also think Kyle loses either through Cole costing him or clean then Cole takes out his disappointment on him.
    Last edited by Badger; October 1st, 2020 at 10:45 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This does feel like the turning point for UE. Not entirely sure why I'm sensing this, but NXT is probably hitting a potential sudden shift for the next year or so.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cole turning on KOR would really help this UE semi-face turn make a little more sense. Seems like Cole has been sort of face since the McAfee stuff (but that felt more like you had to cheer him because Pat was being such an asshole and insulting the brand/business) and KOR's turned in the past couple weeks outta nowhere but Fish/Strong are still definitely heels. Cole coming out to congratulate KOR on a solid showing where he comes up short against Balor only to then drop him and lay him out would be good to straighten things out with Cole/KOR feuding and better establishing KOR as a face with more of a reason for us to support him than just the fact that he's been in the business for awhile and is a good wrestler (like just about everyone else).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cole turning on KOR would really help this UE semi-face turn make a little more sense. Seems like Cole has been sort of face since the McAfee stuff (but that felt more like you had to cheer him because Pat was being such an asshole and insulting the brand/business) and KOR's turned in the past couple weeks outta nowhere but Fish/Strong are still definitely heels. Cole coming out to congratulate KOR on a solid showing where he comes up short against Balor only to then drop him and lay him out would be good to straighten things out with Cole/KOR feuding and better establishing KOR as a face with more of a reason for us to support him than just the fact that he's been in the business for awhile and is a good wrestler (like just about everyone else).
    Just to elaborate or detail that, the deliberate (talk to me like I'm a second grader) story suggests the splitting of UE might not be what we generally anticipate.

- UE was supporting Cole as he was portrayed as the sympathetic or protective figure of NXT with McAfee so he worked as a face.
    - Fish and Strong have been working together more often than not as of late and they've been working as heels.
    - O'Reilly would be alongside Fish and Strong but wasn't approving of their heelish tendencies, then stood up to a clear heel in Ciampa. He's now working as a plucky and charismatic underdog.
    - Cole took defeat incredibly well to Bálor and has been vocally supportive of O'Reilly. The line about KOR surprising people but not surprising Cole was actually crafted very well because you can ultimately spin that either way.

I don't know if it makes a lot of sense to split UE in half but the story suggests that could be the case. That would be a zag because wrestling storytelling makes you anticipate a swerve.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per POST Wrestling, NXT broadcasts will be moving from Full Sail to the Performance Center for the foreseeable future. This move takes effect starting on Sunday for Takeover.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why don't they just do NXT in The Thunder Dome?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m okay with them not going to the Thunderdome. It has its own atmosphere in the PC and it has a nice old school feel.

They can bring friends and family too to the PC.

https://rajah.com/node/update-nxt-ta...dience-members
    Last edited by Badger; October 3rd, 2020 at 12:29 PM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pretty sure the OC broke up when Karl anderson and generic big guy #4 got canned.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a new club...the orange club.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump the leader?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is WWE Hall of Famer Donald Trump the leader?
    He’s also been in negotiations to try and sway Orange Cassidy too.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I prefer the PC/Full Sail aesthetic over the ThunderDome for NXT, as well.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    He’s also been in negotiations to try and sway Orange Cassidy too.
    Orange cassidy would fit in well with the shitty comedy wwe pulls out

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange cassidy would fit in well with the shitty comedy wwe pulls out
    But you also do shitty comedy.

That’s why we love you though.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm hurt

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hurt
    Shitty (but still great) comedy brought us together. I did it but you do it better and it’s your thing and you should never change. Passing torchlight.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Donald here’s one that’s even worse for and it won’t work quite work as well written down as opposed to speaking with the spelling but still qualifies as crappy. Would bump crappy jokes thread but it’s archived.

A premier athlete brought his brother’s daughter backstage. She got lost and he couldn’t find her. He was distraught until she was found by a colleague who then saw him and shouted him over:

See told you it was shit.
    Last edited by Badger; October 3rd, 2020 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hurt
    Nice to meet you, Hurt. I'm mth. [/dad joke]

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    @Donald here’s one that’s even worse for and it won’t work quite work as well written down as opposed to speaking with the spelling but still qualifies as crappy. Would bump crappy jokes thread but it’s archived.

A premier athlete brought his brother’s daughter backstage. She got lost and he couldn’t find her. He was distraught until she was found by a colleague who then saw him and shouted him over:

See told you it was shit.
    That's brilliant, but what if the premiere athletes boy child hung out with the star of Taken? Nese son/Neeson is a force to be reckoned with

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice to meet you, Hurt. I'm mth. [/dad joke]
    That classic always makes me smile.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, so predictions for tonight. Have to admit, I'm not particularly hyped for this show because it doesn't really have any of my top favorites on it but it's still all solid talent who can deliver. It was also put together and built up pretty quick so it doesn't really feel like as big of a deal. Having said that, that's why I think some big shit might go down.

I'm going to say the Power Couple gets it done and Gargano/LeRae both win their matches/titles. Both matches should be damn good, too.

Mystery person is revealed to be Ember Moon with more of a video game vibe to her gimmick.

Kushida beats Dream in decisive fashion.

Swerve beats Escobar in a banger of a match.

Speaking of swerves, I think all of Adam Cole's support for KOR will be a ruse/swerve and he'll either come down to hug him post match and beat the shit out of him or he'll cost him the match itself. KOR gets booted from the UE and we'll see KOR/Cole feuding afterwards while Kushida moves up to challenge Balor.

What say the rest of you?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I haven't seen NXT in weeks and wasn't sure what the card even was until I looked it up today. It looks like a lackluster card on paper, but NXT usually exceeds expectations so I'm looking forward to it.

I think all the champions will retain, and kushida will beat Dream.

I think the mystery guy will be Tony Nese or Bo Dallas