User Tag List

Page 180 of 229 FirstFirst ... 170176177178179180181182183184190 ... LastLast
Results 17,901 to 18,000 of 22889

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, just watched this week's breakout match. I need more Dexter Lumis in my life.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Ok, just watched this week's breakout match. I need more Dexter Lumis in my life.
    I didn't catch last night's show but in terms of this ROH inspired tournament, I was very impressed with BOA. Yes, he lost to Apollo Crews' smiling twin brother ACH but oh well.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer reported that Fox is in talks in regards to NXT airing (his guess) on FS1. Again, airing on Wednesdays so counterprogramming to AEW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Meltzer reported that Fox is in talks in regards to NXT airing (his guess) on FS1. Again, airing on Wednesdays so counterprogramming to AEW.
    Well, technically NXT is already a staple of Wednesday nights so AEW is the counter. We can't be letting AEW super marks get too full of themselves thinking WWE is trying to counter anything they put out there.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Well, technically NXT is already a staple of Wednesday nights so AEW is the counter. We can't be letting AEW super marks get too full of themselves thinking WWE is trying to counter anything they put out there.
    Yeah, yeah lol. I was silly in saying that but the main point is Fox is looking into the idea. As long as nothing really changes to the overall aesthetics of NXT, I see no problem with it. If it can stay as is with just a little sprinkling of Fox production, think it will have a chance to really do well for the brand, with some minimal chances of making it worse.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That pop for Dunne...

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Bianca is going to be great one day, but she is still rushing a little bit sometimes. She's getting it though.

- Priest is growing on me. Sweet entrance. I'm getting Turok vibes from him.

- Io is bae.

EDIT: One other things that's been bugging me is how I haven't been blown away by Kushida. I don't know what's not clicking because his matches have been pretty boring.
    Last edited by VHS; July 25th, 2019 at 12:38 PM.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get what you mean with Kushida. I like his look and entrance and his matches are ok, but I'm hanging out for a proper feud for him.

Strong on this episode reminded me of that viral video of the guy who went mental in the bagel shop recently.

Dream v Dunne is one of those "I didn't know that I wanted it until I saw it" things.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Haven't watched weekly in a while, but may have to catch this one to see Dunne's return to NXT.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Io Shirai is hot as Hell as a heel. But I don’t buy her as a threat. And it doesn’t help that feuding with Mrs. Gargano makes her look like an angry toddler throwing a temper tantrum at her mom.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mia Yim is a snorefest.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what I saw at a house show a few weeks back, the breakout finals and the women's title match should be quite good.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will be seeing an nxt live show right before summerslam. pretty pumped

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love how Dunne's snapping fingers is now a proper submission.

Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the build to the next Takeover.

Cole/Gargano will be a banger. As will Strong/Dunne/Dream and the tag match.

The Shirai/LeRae feud doesn't make sense, feels like LeRae is a surrogate for Sane, but the match will be a good one.

I try and stay kayfabe and get behind the faces in feuds, but I'm fully behind Baszler in the women's title. The promo from this week about dealing with things professionally made her seem way more like a face than Yim. Yim feels like a character from a Fast & Furious or Step Up movie from 2004.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yim is meh and crap. LeRae should be the one to beat Bayszler for the title.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loved that the last quarter of the episode was pretty much dedicated to the main event. Very interesting to see Gargano's approach and the role they want to convey he has in the brand. Nice touches to have him walk down the hall of alumni, have those interactions with those within NXT and how he tries to help them, and then the interactions with Rollins and Bálor. The first two matches were Cole were great and I have zero doubts that they will deliver this weekend.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Soooo, NXT moving to USA network in October and becoming a 2 hour live show...
    https://rajah.com/node/wwe-announce-...hour-live-show

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I love how Dunne's snapping fingers is now a proper submission.
    the whole snapping fingers thing is so stupid.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
    the whole snapping fingers thing is so stupid.
    If it was a submission just given randomly to a wrestler then maybe. It makes sense with Dunne though as that’s his gimmick and he can get it over.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it was a submission just given randomly to a wrestler then maybe. It makes sense with Dunne though as that’s his gimmick and he can get it over.
    To be fair, Marty Scurll got it over first....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Soooo, NXT moving to USA network in October and becoming a 2 hour live show...
    https://rajah.com/node/wwe-announce-...hour-live-show
    Oh well, no more Network for me then

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised that it ended up on USA. I thought the original conversation had been FS1.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if it will still be taped?

Surely it will.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “The move to USA Network provides an opportunity to deepen our relationship with NBCUniversal and further build the NXT brand,” said Vince McMahon, WWE Chairman & CEO. “Over the long term, our goal is to develop a following that can be monetized to the same level as our flagship programs, Raw and SmackDown.”
    So in other words, they're gonna bring in sponsors eventually, and then they'll start to dictate the type of content thats on the show, and then it'll basically turn into a actual third brand instead of an alternative like it currently is.

No thanks. This ain't why I watch NXT.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I wonder if it will still be taped?

Surely it will.
    I'm hearing live.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneEdge View Post
    So in other words, they're gonna bring in sponsors eventually, and then they'll start to dictate the type of content thats on the show, and then it'll basically turn into a actual third brand instead of an alternative like it currently is.

No thanks. This ain't why I watch NXT.
    Yep.

Not to mention, I don't have cable and I'm not going to get it simply to watch NXT when that's one of the main reasons I have the Network. Just an odd decision. You already have 2 shows on t.v., AEW's one show on a completely different night isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of things.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I may be the only one excited by this news. I'm with ya Vince.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hearing live.

Yep.

Not to mention, I don't have cable and I'm not going to get it simply to watch NXT when that's one of the main reasons I have the Network. Just an odd decision. You already have 2 shows on t.v., AEW's one show on a completely different night isn't going to matter in the grand scheme of things.
    Yeah, thats the other thing. People are losing yet another reason to continue paying for the Network.
    This is typical of Vince though. Like everything else they ruin, they lose sight of why it was great in the first place.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The only reason I have the Network is for the $9.99 PPVs. That should really be the only reason anyone wants it. Everything else was just gravy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, thats the other thing. People are losing yet another reason to continue paying for the Network.
    This is typical of Vince though. Like everything else they ruin, they lose sight of why it was great in the first place.
    Yep. It's not the show imo that I would want to run against AEW. Not that AEW will blow it out the water or anything, just that as you said, what makes NXT special will be stripped on that size of a platform. How long before the weekly show is on tour in different arenas watering down the live market even more for the WWE? I like the ECW Arena feel the weekly show has and I'm not sure in comparison to Raw/SD on the same channel that USA will be cool with it still looking how it does today.

That reason alone will hurt the product to an extent. Not to mention, it's still pretty much developmental.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The only reason I have the Network is for the $9.99 PPVs. That should really be the only reason anyone wants it. Everything else was just gravy.
    I will never disagree with this statement outside of it being the ONLY reason. But every other reason is a distant 2nd lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clearly a wait-and-see situation right now. I have to imagine one big thing is working in the "favor" of those that are worried that the product could suffer: time. Vince just doesn't have enough hours in the day (even if he isn't sleeping) to manage everything. There's too much content and he's got to get ready for the XFL.

A best-case scenario for this move is that this a move that was likely happening but Vince is staying hands off and this was done just to get NXT more exposure. If this is staying in Full Sail, which it appears to be, that kind of lends credence to the suggestion this is just to gather more exposure. Things probably get dicey if they're getting throttled in the ratings compared to AEW or USA is unhappy with the ratings. The first premise is possible, but I highly doubt the second one is in play. I have to imagine Raw clearly doubles or maybe triples a regular USA original show and Smackdown safely doubles it. You would like to think NXT could get close to 1 million viewers, which would be the ceiling for an original USA product.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Everyone bailing on NXT going mainstream is great.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It will be on the Network 24 hours after the live airing. Are you lot still going to unsubscribe?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a disaster for NXT

2 hours so talent will be overexposed and Vince will get his paws on it and ruin it. His whole strategy now seems to be to throw the kitchen sink at AEW which is mega dumb.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The beginning of the end, most likely.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    This is a disaster for NXT

2 hours so talent will be overexposed and Vince will get his paws on it and ruin it. His whole strategy now seems to be to throw the kitchen sink at AEW which is mega dumb.
    this is a little bit of an overreaction.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to look at with Vince and NXT and looking as to why this is getting a sincere look and the benefit is just putting more eyeballs on your developmental brand:
    If Heyman and Bischoff were handling their titles and roles for their respective brands and you can take that at whatever value you want, it meant Triple H wasn't taking on more of a role with those two brands. If he's not handling NXT and Vince is going to take over, what the heck is Triple H doing?

NXT will have more challenges in regards to doubling their content, probably diluting the top tier of talent because they will be more visible, but they've really got a pool of talent that has been underutilized or has been stopped and started quite a bit. If you have stories for those performers, maybe you can minimize the overexposure of your top talent.

The caveat is obviously that Triple H continues to run things but if he's able to do that, I have some faith in him to provide a program that is still very enjoyable.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT nailed the one hour sweet spot. They were able to put in so much into 60 minutes without any of it feeling crammed in. I feel like them moving to 2 hours will also mean they'll start cramming more in to fill time.

On the flip side... this may very will be HHH's last test of whether he'll really be able to handle the shows when Vince dies or retires. Vince is going to be involved w/ his XFL junk so maybe if NXT by some chance does well enough, Vince will finally step away from RAW/SD.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    NXT nailed the one hour sweet spot. They were able to put in so much into 60 minutes without any of it feeling crammed in. I feel like them moving to 2 hours will also mean they'll start cramming more in to fill time.
    I'd say wait and see. You may be proven wrong.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    this is a little bit of an overreaction.
    Is it? See ECW from 2007 onwards if you want an example

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be on the Network 24 hours after the live airing. Are you lot still going to unsubscribe?
    Who's saying they're going to unsubscribe? Or are you just meaning in general?

For me, I'll always have it unless they bump the monthly cost to something like $30. I'm not THAT big of a fan so my boys better be chipping in when that day comes because it will lol.

But also for me, I worry for NXT because there's a 50/50 split on how well they are handled once they hit the main roster. And I'm putting that solely on Vince and co. because some characters just don't come across as awesome in the universe that is the WWE Raw/Smackdown fanbase. To a lot of people, the WWE is no different than the circus. Unless you're a die hard circus fan, do you even know the difference between clown A and Clown F? Nope.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who's saying they're going to unsubscribe? Or are you just meaning in general?
    Just seems to be the feeling around here. I just think people need to wait and see. RAW has been tremendous in the past, Smackdown probably more so in a 2 hour format. Some are saying Vince is going to drive it into the ground. Without Vince NXT wouldn't even exist. Without Vince none of what we see would exist. I'm thankful for the guy. It seems he's letting more and more people have control.

I think this is a step in the right direction. More people have access to USA than the Network. They may see these guys on NXT on USA and say "Yowie Wowie that was awesome!" and then start tuning into RAW and Smackdown, and order the Network for the TakeOver events. Maybe I"m just an optimist whatever.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Is it? See ECW from 2007 onwards if you want an example
    ECW isn't a WWE creation. Also ECW was an entity before WWE revived. People were expecting ECW and didn't get it.

NXT is going to have the same wrestlers, have the same fans, and be in the same venue.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's never "Wow this is going to be great" Look at Bray Wyatt, people are like "It's only a matter of time before he's ruined" Show some optimism!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ECW isn't a WWE creation. Also ECW was an entity before WWE revived. People were expecting ECW and didn't get it.

NXT is going to have the same wrestlers, have the same fans, and be in the same venue.
    ECW was an entity that only existed because of the WWE. To the point where once the talent were making waves in ECW, the WWE took them away and replaced them with Brakkus.

I think a lot of fans look @ NXT as a cousin of Raw and Smackdown who are like sister and brother. Now that cousin has to move in and follow the same rules as the children living in House McMahon.

It's never "Wow this is going to be great" Look at Bray Wyatt, people are like "It's only a matter of time before he's ruined" Show some optimism!
    Probably because you're talking to fans who have been watching for 20-30 years. Our optimism is minimal at best lol.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Probably because you're talking to fans who have been watching for 20-30 years. Our optimism is minimal at best lol.
    That's why wrestling fans are the most miserable people on the planet Show some optimism and just say "It's only a show" and you'll be fine. It's like people who cry when their hometown team loses in sports. It's not like you have any control over the players. Because I don't know any players so I'll say Bob Smith didn't score the game winning touchdown, your Monday is ruined? wtf. Just like we don't have control over McMahon, Triple H, anyone really. I'm not gonna lose sleep over NXT on USA is all I'm saying.

I'm sure you'll come back with a quote of me being pissed off Braun Strowman didn't win the Universal Title at some point

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if the ECW brand was called something else and they didn't do the sci fi nonsense, the show could have succeeded. They had tons of talent like Punk, Morrison, Sheamus, Evan Bourne, Kofi, etc

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's why wrestling fans are the most miserable people on the planet Show some optimism and just say "It's only a show" and you'll be fine. It's like people who cry when their hometown team loses in sports. It's not like you have any control over the players. Because I don't know any players so I'll say Bob Smith didn't score the game winning touchdown, your Monday is ruined? wtf. Just like we don't have control over McMahon, Triple H, anyone really. I'm not gonna lose sleep over NXT on USA is all I'm saying.

I'm sure you'll come back with a quote of me being pissed off Braun Strowman didn't win the Universal Title at some point
    So if your favorite television show starts getting worse and worse as time goes on you should just sit and accept that it's a show?

A bit weird

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would put money on it that we're far from the most miserable fans on the planet. Imagine die hard fans of super popular shows like Big Bang Theory, Law and Order, The Goldbergs, etc. I imagine when something sucks dick on one one of those shows there are about 200x more negative tweets, posts, etc. than what you'd see from the niche fanbase of pro wrestling. You ever read the Yahoo comments for an article about the fucking Bachelor? Yeah, we're not even in the same universe as shows like that and how fucking weird their fans are.

And if you don't think fan's voicing their opinion doesn't matter, where have you been?

And you're right, when you're bitching about Braun Strowman not getting this or some other favorite of yours not getting the win, the push, etc., think back to this post you're making lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I think if the ECW brand was called something else and they didn't do the sci fi nonsense, the show could have succeeded. They had tons of talent like Punk, Morrison, Sheamus, Evan Bourne, Kofi, etc
    Exactly. It was basically OVW but renamed ECW made to look like Velocity.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    So if your favorite television show starts getting worse and worse as time goes on you should just sit and accept that it's a show?

A bit weird
    There's a lot more in life to get stressed out over than a TV show.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    So we shouldn't have opinions about TV shows.

Got it

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the Star Wars fanbase is easily the most miserable

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And nobody is disputing that D. If you're #1 stress in life is Monday Night Raw, you're fucking awesome. Imagine if that was all you had to stress about was whether or not Raw was going to kick ass or not.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Got it

- - - Updated - - -

You can have opinions, but for people to bash something that hasn't even happened yet is a bit silly in my opinion. I hope WWE knocks this one out of the park so everyone can think "I was being silly, I'm so relieved!"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got it

- - - Updated - - -

Wrestling fans used to be the worst, but now that everything is a series/trilogy/franchise/monster... they've definitely been surpassed. Star Wars... Game of Thrones... UFC... video game fans... hell even Youtube personality fanbases... they're all immensely toxic.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    You can have opinions, but for people to bash something that hasn't even happened yet is a bit silly in my opinion. I hope WWE knocks this one out of the park so everyone can think "I was being silly, I'm so relieved!"
    That's why it's an opinion, not everyone has to share it. I hope it does well as well but surely you can see why there is doubt as well

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Wrestling fans used to be the worst, but now that everything is a series/trilogy/franchise/monster... they've definitely been surpassed. Star Wars... Game of Thrones... UFC... video game fans... hell even Youtube personality fanbases... they're all immensely toxic.
    I still don't think we were ever truly even in the top 50 of worst fans. I have to agree that Star Wars fans are the worst. Even Star Trek fans after awhile gave up on being so negative lol.

I think for us wrestling fans we're so deep in the wrestling bubble we don't realize how small that bubble is in the bathtub of entertainment. We're like the 2nd to last tiny bubble that comes out of your ass after a nice tub fart.

What really surpassed us though is the influx of reality tv. For awhile, WWE was the only reality tv show out there. But once The Real World hit, once people caught on to daytime talk shows, we took a major backseat.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The press release says the episodes will go up on the network 24 hours later.

So basically if you're like VHS and have the network but don't do cable, NXT is now on Thursdays.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The press release says the episodes will go up on the network 24 hours later.

So basically if you're like VHS and have the network but don't do cable, NXT is now on Thursdays.
    I'm in the same boat with having Hulu so I'm glad to hear it won't go on Hulu but to the Network. We just have to pray they don't edit what is aired live like Hulu does.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the same boat with having Hulu so I'm glad to hear it won't go on Hulu but to the Network. We just have to pray they don't edit what is aired live like Hulu does.
    I also hope USA understands how that's going to affect viewership.

I mean if you have the choice, how would you want to watch NXT? Live with commercials? Or an ad free version one day later? A lot of network subscribers (let's say that's about a third of Raw viewers) aren't going to watch it since they have the ad free version on the network to watch.

I'm just afraid of USA complaining about low numbers. And asking why there aren't more stars on the show. We are a hop, skip and a jump away from NXT being fucking ruined.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also hope USA understands how that's going to affect viewership.

I mean if you have the choice, how would you want to watch NXT? Live with commercials? Or an ad free version one day later? A lot of network subscribers (let's say that's about a third of Raw viewers) aren't going to watch it since they have the ad free version on the network to watch.

I'm just afraid of USA complaining about low numbers. And asking why there aren't more stars on the show. We are a hop, skip and a jump away from NXT being fucking ruined.
    Perspective is really the key figure that's unknown right now. Again, USA original content isn't exactly lighting the world on fire. John Pollock looked it up and a currently-running episode on Wednesday night got 900,000 viewers. I would like to think that NXT can hit that number. USA is reportedly paying a fraction of the price compared to what they're paying annually for Raw so I have to image the expectations aren't set at a lofty level right now. That's just how I view it from a logical perspective.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah they had a ton of talent and Vince squandered a lot of it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are folks on Wall street estimating that the NXT tv deal with USA may be paying WWE far more than the 30 million a year that was originally reported. With some saying it may be as high as 100 million.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of hope they move only alumini back to NXT. Alister Black, Almas, AOP with their og manager, Booby roode. Hell even get cesaro down there.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And Braun Strowman back too as a Rosebud

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Braun Strowman back too as a Rosebud
    You don't want ya boy as tag team and universal champ?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    You don't want ya boy as tag team and universal champ?
    He won't beat Seth Rollins, there's no way. WWE had their chance to strap a rocket to Braun Strowman and they didn't, for whatever reason. The time has passed.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    The time has passed, so they probably will.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Manny vs. Priest: It's still so freaking cool seeing Manny on WWE programming. He's learning so dang much, and Priest is definitely excelling.

Mia vs. Borne: Snore. Mia is still boring as frick and Borne is still looking like a fresh rookie. And Aliyah needs to eat a damn sandwich for God's sake.

Lee vs. Dijak: Cannot wait for this rematch.

I'm happy Thorn's getting a shot at singles now. Hopefully he finds his hook for the audience.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind if John Cena showed up on NXT (cuz whore)..and get beaten up by the Forgotton Sons

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was an episode that would have been really damn good for the opener on USA. You had an extremely strong haas match with Lee and Dijakovic, a good squash, quality production promo on a top star and a rising star, a grand arrival for Rhea Ripley, and one of the greatest strengths of NXT: quality tag team wrestling.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad the focus is starting to shift from Yim to Ripley because Mia just wasn't working. I hope she doesn't hang on the coat tails.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There seemed to be some production confusion on what everyone was aware of in terms of implication for the main event. I don't remember commentary bringing up that Rhea would have been added to the women's match next week for the title shot opportunity, so there was a disconnect when she lost by DQ from a storyline perspective. It's not a huge deal but just something kind of there. She's being treated like a big deal and she presents a much different foe for Shayna, so all of that is great.

Gargano and Thorne should be pretty fun, too. Gives Thorne, who seems to be fitting into this type of character well, a very good foil and allows Gargano to stay in a feud of relevance.

Very excited to see how the rollout goes next week.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally forgot NXT debuts on TV next week... it's going to be immense. Let's hope it continues to flourish and this isn't the brick wall that stops its exponential prosperity.

It is crazy how back in 2012 this started as a crappy alternative to ECW and we sat through keg races and obstacle courses. 7 years later and it's arguably the best wrestling program in the world.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The "rollout" has been underwhelming in terms of how they're addressing NXT going to USA. The commercials have been very generic.

If it were me, I'd get Hunter out there front and center on Monday night and give him a 5-7 minute promo to hype it.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The "rollout" has been underwhelming in terms of how they're addressing NXT going to USA. The commercials have been very generic.

If it were me, I'd get Hunter out there front and center on Monday night and give him a 5-7 minute promo to hype it.
    Or they could go old school and give him a 20 minute opening promo....

"The gameuuuuh has changeduhhhhh! NXTuhhhhhh is cominguhhh to USAuhhhhhhhhh!"

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or they could go old school and give him a 20 minute opening promo....

"The gameuuuuh has changeduhhhhh! NXTuhhhhhh is cominguhhh to USAuhhhhhhhhh!"
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Badger again.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Badger again.
    Also motorbike with Steph on the back, Conan the Barbarian outfit, sledgehamer plus leather and denim.

Actually that should probably be the opening segment for the USA network premiere.

Beat that AEW!

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also motorbike with Steph on the back, Conan the Barbarian outfit, sledgehamer plus leather and denim.

Actually that should probably be the opening segment for the USA network premiere.

Beat that AEW!
    I read that as motorboat with Steph which would get all of the ratings

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read that as motorboat with Steph which would get all of the ratings
    Although still a Boeing 747 getting lost in the Grand Canyon.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although still a Boeing 747 getting lost in the Grand Canyon.
    Tittyfucking Steph would be like a sapling falling down and sliding between two Mount Everests.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    So, in the UK, will I be able to watch the USA Network debut on Thursday night on the Network? Or will it be available a few hours after that, so US Thursday night?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think an hour of the NXT show next week is going to be on the Network, and for the first couple of shows. After that, NXT will be on the Network 24 hours after the airing on USA.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    It used to be a little earlier in the UK for the Mixed Match Challenge, as that wasn't available otherwise over here, so hopefully it can be a little earlier.

Not a big deal though, in the grand scheme of things.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who is your favorite talent from NXT history?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Bayley, probably.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sami

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've bloody wasted him. Could have been a great face and the heel turn against fans had potential but now he's a loud-mouthed moaner to get squashed for lols. What did he do to piss them off?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the original question, Kevin Owens. He made an impact and one of few that transitioned from NXT to main roster against Cena no less. Also the best NXT crowd troller there is. If he is going to be working NXT more to help with the USA Network debut, can only be good.

Velveteen Dream is a close second.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami
    Zayn or Callihan?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Zayn

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Callihan is one that got away, He's such a wanker in Impact and I love him

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the NXT version of Corbin and that grubbenheim or buggenheim guy who plays air guitar for like 10 minutes before and after matches.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT's Asuka for past.
    Velveteen Dream for present.
    Dexter Lumis for future.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackdadday View Post
    I liked the NXT version of Corbin and that grubbenheim or buggenheim guy who plays air guitar for like 10 minutes before and after matches.
    Yeah NXT Corbin had a good belly button that you get lost in.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hyped.

Anyone else watching live?

Intercontinental Champion TooCool's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hyped.

Anyone else watching live?
    Great start to NXT. But then I just remembered having commercial breaks suck. One thing I really enjoyed about NXT on the Network is the lack of commercials and if there is one, you can just quickly skip ahead like 30-45 seconds. On network TV, it's going to be 3-4 minutes of interruption.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, the added commercials are a bit unfortunate

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    they're doing a good job with the presentation so far making it look like a unique, exciting show. that four way is the most i've enjoyed a WWE TV match in a while.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nigel just called Candace LaRae a “wrestler”.

Maybe Vince really isn’t micromanaging NXT like he does the big boy shows?

Also, I thought this had a two-hour block? Is AEW TV two hours?