User Tag List

Page 1 of 229 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The NXT Thread

So, with the announcement that WWE:NXT will be replacing ECW in 3 weeks time, what can be expect from the show?

Will it be solely a place where new stars can hone their skills before being moved up to the big two shows? Will it be full of veterans to help the youngsters progress? Will existing stars like Yoshi and Ryder headline the show allowing established stars like Christian to move up?

Discuss what you think we can expect from the show, who you think will be on it and ultimately whether you think it will be a success or a failure. Eventually we can put results and general show chatter here too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Posted it in the ECW thread. Should probably should post it here too.

First picture of the NXT logo.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/arti...revealed-95883

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that it'll be pretty much exactly the same as ECW was.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think it would be better if they possibly had a points or ranking system which allowed wrestlers to get off the show after a certain number of consecutive wins or something. Would be a way of making every match count

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That could be an interesting concept.... Certainly better than "Oh, wait a minute, what the hell is Sheamus doing on RAW now? He was just starting to do okay on ECW!"

For people watching NXT it would certainly make them anticipate the young guy moving up to the 'big leagues'.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like them to do it that way or have a draft and if not just ring-fence it off from raw and smackdown.

Go mental with sci-fi aspects and do some properly far out stuff. Go for a niche market.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Think it would be better if they possibly had a points or ranking system which allowed wrestlers to get off the show after a certain number of consecutive wins or something. Would be a way of making every match count
    Yeah, that'd be a really good idea, only it might give it a prison vibe and may diminish the show if the whole point of the show was for people to try and get off it.

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So then will guys like Christian and Regal just not be there at all? Cuz .. I'm thinking .. if there's no stars on the show AT ALL .. and its all just newer wrestlers .. why the fuck would people want to watch that MORE than they did ECW? At least then, I could watch Christian and Regal .. .. seems kinda poorly thought through if that is true.

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also if it is just young guye, who are they going to learn from?

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps they could really turn it into a super version of Ring of Honor type deal.

Have someone that's going to absolutely star on RAW/SD be the headline just as CM Punk was in RoH.

Make Kofi Kingston, for example, the headline act on the show. He's young enough that he is 'NXT' yet he's seasoned enough now that he's a "name". It's similar to having Christian and Regal on the show but it fits more inline with the 'NXT' concept.

What I think people are forgetting with the 'NXT' show is that they'll still be travelling with the Smackdown roster. Smackdown has enough guys that they'll be able to learn without necessarily having them on the same show.
    Last edited by ChocolateThunder; February 5th, 2010 at 9:53 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Where does it say it'll just be young guys? I would hope that like ECW there'll be a couple of veterans to help out.

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not anyone of high value though. They need to get Christian onto Smackdown.
    And, they should bring back the Television Title to be defended on the show.
    Either that, or bring in a brand new belt. I don't know what they would call it,
    but something that the top "future" star wears.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Finlay, Regal, Chavo, KFN, Goldust and Matt Hardy would be excellent veteran additions to the "NXT" roster.

And then the likes of Ziggler, Yoshi, Ryder, Bourne, Reks, Baretta & Croft, Zeke, Primo, Vance Archer, Hart Dynasty perhaps etc. would work.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would've personally started this the week after Mania. Starts the whole thing off totally fresh.

Have a ECW Battle Royale at Mania with everyone. The winner gets a move to Smackdown or Raw (their choice). Christian and Regal are the last two and eventually Christian wins, leaving for Smackdown to face/help Edge. The draft happens as planned on Raw the following night and a few people switch places between Raw and Smackdown whilst a few people leave NXT with only a couple joining (Finlay and perhaps Kane).

Unfortunately with NXT starting much sooner they seem to be keeping a few people on there for a bit anyway. Hopefully a 'tv' title is introduced and Yoshi, Shelton, Ryder, Burchill and Jackson lead the next gen brand into its new era.

Finlay, Regal, Kane, Goldust can help out the younger guys.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the OVW logo

fb.com/therealmmatalk1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if you keep one of the established "next" guys like Kofi on this show full of people no one knows about .. what does that really do for him? Nothing..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll probably send in Bryan Danielson to take over Christian's spot and move him to RAW or Smackdown.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if WWE had got Nigel.

McGuinness/Danielson/Regal/Burchill/Katie Lea stable

Hero From The Beyond UncannyIowan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's going to be really any different than what is going on now, this is just a way to finally get away from the name "ECW". There is no way people are going to watch the show because they've been conditioned to watch a show at 10/9c on SyFy, you need to have the guys like Christian, Shelton, William Regal. So yeah, I think that this is simply a way to get out of calling the show "ECW".

At least that's what I hope.

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy chotliwala's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like that idea. Doubt they'll use it and if they did people would scream that they are ripping off Evolve.

Get Danielson and Ki on this show, have Regal be the authority figure so that they still have someone to learn from.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to see a match between the veteran's to crown a NXT GM, with Regal ending up winning it. That would be a great and entertaining way to tell the story.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I demand Bryan Danielson vs Low Ki

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A roster with guys like Danielson, Bourne, Burchill, Tatsu, the Colons and Ryder breaking free of "working WWE style" would be great. Give them 10-minute matches, let them do backstage promos before and/or after (rather than long in-ring angles), show brief video features about who they are and why they are there.

They need people Regal, Goldust an Finlay to lead them and show them the ropes.

The problem is that the show, even with Christian as a popular guy who deserves to be on the main roster, is only just scraping its way to 1.0 ratings. I don't know what they can do to get better numbers than that. It's not a matter of just changing the name and SyFy management are suddenly okay with the same ratings.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really need to promote it on RAW/SD more. I also think they should have stars from RAW/SD make guest appearances fairly regularly that would be promoted in advance, as well. Half the time ECW had a RAW/SD star show up, there was no mention of it beforehand, and even though Kane and Punk aren't the biggest stars in WWE, I'm sure there's a good handful of their fans that would tune in to see them that wouldn't otherwise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    and even though Kane and Punk aren't the biggest stars in WWE,
    You shut your mouth!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An NXT Rebound during Raw makes a LOT more sense than a Raw Rebound during NXT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we're all getting the wrong end of the stick here. This NXT business is more likely to be an hour of Goldberg squashes every week.

Seriously now, I really like Tom and mth's suggestions (have you tried saying "mth's" out loud?). Perhaps the GM role could be filled in by a more low-key version of RAW's guest host of the week, with the scope limited to WWE personalities who could be symbolically passing the torch (and their wisdom) to the next generation each week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first thought, it doesn't seem to fit the "theme" of the show, but I love The_Mike's idea to put the veterans as authrity figures passing on their wisdom.

Hey, Arn Anderson is on the WWE payroll and could always do a great promo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The show needs a new GM. I'm sorry but Tiffany is far from professional and just doesn't exactly fit. They need someone who's a veteran but is still well known and liked by the audience. Also, they must still be able to deliver in the ring. Regal is a good choice but he's a heel right now and I think a face GM would be better given the theme of the show. Goldust would be good here, added bonus is that he kinda fits what syfy is looking for.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Newfy View Post
    You shut your mouth!
    But if it's closed, how will you put your...er, um...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. Stone View Post
    An NXT Rebound during Raw makes a LOT more sense than a Raw Rebound during NXT.
    Totally.

With what The_Mike is saying, you could easily have heels from RAW/SD show up saying they want to teach these snot-nosed up-and-coming nobodies what a real superstar is, etc. Face wrestlers could come down with the wisdom/teaching approach.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by evilyn View Post
    The show needs a new GM. I'm sorry but Tiffany is far from professional and just doesn't exactly fit. They need someone who's a veteran but is still well known and liked by the audience. Also, they must still be able to deliver in the ring. Regal is a good choice but he's a heel right now and I think a face GM would be better given the theme of the show. Goldust would be good here, added bonus is that he kinda fits what syfy is looking for.

I'd love to see Regal hit her with the knee trembler to "retire" her.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed that post...Goldust as GM would be all kinds of awesome. Just imagine his office...gold desk, gold director's chair, gold drapes, he's chillin' in his robe/wig...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an idea. Have Regal take Tiffany out and then take over the show and pretty much do whatever the hell he wants. Have the faces rally together and fight him and the heels for control of the show. Have the faces elect Goldust as their leader and then have a big blowout match at WM with the leader of the winning team becoming permanent GM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I missed that post...Goldust as GM would be all kinds of awesome. Just imagine his office...gold desk, gold director's chair, gold drapes, he's chillin' in his robe/wig...

With Yoshi Tatsu as his own Tajiri.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evilyn View Post
    Here's an idea. Have Regal take Tiffany out and then take over the show and pretty much do whatever the hell he wants. Have the faces rally together and fight him and the heels for control of the show. Have the faces elect Goldust as their leader and then have a big blowout match at WM with the leader of the winning team becoming permanent GM.
    That's pretty much exactly what I fantasy booked for ECW a couple months ago (minus the Goldust as leader part, which I certainly wouldn't complain about). It almost happened, too, when she got injured in the car accident and Regal was GM for a night...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    With Yoshi Tatsu as his own Tajiri.
    Exactly. They'd still wrestle, too, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to also suggest someone like Dean Malenko, but he's not as good on promos as Double A.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty much exactly what I fantasy booked for ECW a couple months ago (minus the Goldust as leader part, which I certainly wouldn't complain about). It almost happened, too, when she got injured in the car accident and Regal was GM for a night...
    I remember that, it's a great idea and it works perfectly here. The thing is they never said anyone attacked her, she just had a random car accident. Of course there's the whole man on woman violence thing. I've got no problem with it but some might. Have Katie come back to EC...NXT and take her out as sort of a hired gun deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right so now I think you've all got my expectations up. But yeah, assorted contracted veterans as GM's, youngsters wrestling short matches (perhaps even with time limits like Impact used to have but without the judges) and DANIELSON.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. Stone View Post
    Hey, Arn Anderson is on the WWE payroll and could always do a great promo.

I would watch NXT every week if Double A was running the show.

This would be great, too. It gives everyone a reason to distrust each other, so alliances between wrestlers would mean a lot more.
    Last edited by Motherboy; February 5th, 2010 at 6:16 PM.

PurePlayer
    Quote Originally Posted by chotliwala View Post
    Like that idea. Doubt they'll use it and if they did people would scream that they are ripping off Evolve.

Get Danielson and Ki on this show, have Regal be the authority figure so that they still have someone to learn from.
    I don't know what the hell Evolve is, and I think most people don't know what it is either so there wouldn't be that rip-off feeling. I could be wrong though.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't think anyone in the general public knows what Evolve is. The only people that would be screaming about it would be a handful of nerds.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not even a handful.

Just Gabe.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Could we get a board of directors for NXT?
    Like Rhodes, Steamboat, Piper, Dibiase, Malenko and Anderson?

They could be used to make announcements, talk to talent in backstage segments, and things of that nature...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BOOM BOOM BOOM

Perfect.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thought I had, and this is something I suggested whenever ECW had New Talent Initiatives, would be to have a their few new stars on, and then after the show, have a poll on WWE.com where the fans can vote on which star(s) they'd like to see more and other polls that relate to the new talent. They could vote on which match was their favorite each week, too. Make it interactive, they could really play this up more, try to get the fans involved so they feel like they are a part of the show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again good idea.

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see them throw a bonus NXT match on WWE.com - something similar to TNA, but its basically a glorified dark match. Just another way to give the talent who don't appear on the show that week something that the gen. public can watch. They're always gloating about their hit numbers.

PurePlayer
    We all know that these are all good ideas, but the WWE won't do anything of the sort.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think the idea of dressing all the wrestlers as babies was very good.

Paul. Ringo. John. Carl. TapOut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news.

I'm glad to hear ECW is ending. It's just pointless to keep the name. It was worth a shot, but regardless of what they hoped for or intended, calling it ECW was bound to draw comparisons that were unnecessary. Giving it a new name, look and direction will help it stand out as something unto itself and I think it's a decent name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateThunder View Post
    I'd like to see them throw a bonus NXT match on WWE.com - something similar to TNA, but its basically a glorified dark match. Just another way to give the talent who don't appear on the show that week something that the gen. public can watch. They're always gloating about their hit numbers.
    They have links to watch full episodes of SD, ECW and Superstars from the website. If that is going to generate hits, than a bonus match wouldn't.

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay....

Here is another thing I'd like to see, but the WWE probably wouldn't go in this direction.

Since it's based on the "next generation" of wrestling I'd like to see more of a high flying, quick, risk taking, extremely athletic feel to the brand. TNA has the X-Division as a part of its show, well WWE has the NXT as a whole show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats why in the draft thread..I want Bourne and Ziggler moved there. That would be a fun show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It came up in my Wrestlemania prediction re-hash, but I figured I'd ask here: do you folks think that any of the ECW feuds/angles will continue? Also, who do you think will be crowned the NXT Champion?

Personally, if nothing else gets continued, I am loving Zack Ryder and Hurricane arguing over who is the hero of ECW. I want to see them continue their feud, though of course with a new tint once NXT happens. I would personally have a Battle Royale on the first NXT, which introduces the new talent, as well as new angles and gimmicks for old talent, and crowns the NXT Champion (I love how easy it is to write that and how much fun it is to say!). I would give the title to Ryder at this point, and continue his and the Hurricanes feud, though Ryder would get a slightly different gimmick to match what SyFy is wanting (think Lex Luthor instead of crazy "bro").

Oh you didn't know? The Guy on the Couch's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see the same roster and same idea (getting young guys a chance to show off). But I would like the difference to be an entirely new format. For example. Make the title a TV title with a rule that it needs to be defended every week. I would say make the matches have a ten minute time limit so that the champ doesn't have to win they just have to last ten minutes to keep their title. Then the challengers would have to work hard and fast to beat the champ. I'd also like to see a ranking system where if you wanted to get a championship match you had to be the top rated wrestler. It could go by win/loss record or if it is a tie time of matches would come in. So you have to beat your opponent as fast as possible to get ahead on the brand. If the champion cannot defend the belt the two highest rated guys would fight for it and the champion would have to start over. also if the champ lost he would get one rematch but if he lost he would have to start from scratch. if a number one contender lost they would also go to the bottom of the list.

The roster is fine. but a new format could be fun. and I really like the idea of time limits and time effecting rank. It is only an hour long show and some fast paced action could get the fans interested.
    Last edited by The Guy on the Couch; February 6th, 2010 at 5:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its a great idea to have a show with only new tallent featured I think WWE should of went this idea a looooong time ago.

Well I give my hats off to Vince for making the ECW last longer than the XFL.

So what now is going to happen??? We are going to have a ECW champ running around?? What's going to happen to the belt???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since it's based on the "next generation" of wrestling I'd like to see more of a high flying, quick, risk taking, extremely athletic feel to the brand. TNA has the X-Division as a part of its show, well WWE has the NXT as a whole show.
    That's kinda, sorta what I meant but you've phrased it better.

EDIT: Bryan Alvarez at F4W/WO reports that the word is WWE may not know what to do with the ECW Title yet. It's likely Christian will end up on SmackDown.
    Last edited by Tom B. Stone; February 6th, 2010 at 7:37 AM.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If ECW is now NXT, will Superstars become PRIMRK?
    Last edited by Badger; February 6th, 2010 at 9:48 AM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's some really great ideas in here. Its a shame that they will most likely just continue ECW as it was under a new name. It'd be nice to get on board at the start with a kind of 'underground' less popular wrestling federation loaded with young guns (I'd like to support The Hart Dynasty as a dominant tag team, rather than relative small fish in a big pond as they are at the moment) and speculate about how they'd fit into one of the bigger brands.

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My WWE:NXT Roster:

Matt Hardy
    Rey Mysterio
    Dolph Ziggler
    Jack Swagger
    Vance Archer
    Primo Colon
    Evan Bourne
    Slam Master J - New Gimmick
    Yoshi Tatsu
    Abe Washington
    Tyler Reks
    Greg Helms
    Trent Barreta
    Caylen Croft
    Zeke Jackson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay....

Here is another thing I'd like to see, but the WWE probably wouldn't go in this direction.

No no no you have it all wrong.....

Vince's new tallent is going to be told to slow it down and take rest holds for a long time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    If ECW is now NXT, will Superstars become PRIMRK?
    I don't get it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad you said it, because I'm lost, too. I thought it was just a "I've been gone from wrestling too long" thing, so I didn't bring it up. Whew.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think many non-UKers would get that.

There is a clothing/shoes/household/furniture store in the UK called Next. There's also one called Primark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys who I'd like to see comprise the NXT roster....

Swagger
    Bourne
    Ryder
    Ziggler
    Primo
    Tatsu
    Baretta
    Croft

Throw in some developmental talent like Kaval, Daneilson, Henning, DiBiase, Curt Hawkins, Johnny Curtis, Mr Tarver and Justin Angel.

Have a few vets like Finlay, Helms and maybe Matt Hardy.

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is what I would do with the ECW Title.

The Elimination Chamber pay-per-view is the last time we ever see an ECW Championship match. It is retired with whoever (Christian) wins the ECW Title match.

The following night, the first of NXT, Vince McMahon comes out with Christian. They retire the ECW Championship (this is where Vince mentions the long history of the title holders including Tommy Dreamer, RVD, Rhino, etc, etc.). However, what they are going to do is to have a brand spankin' new championship called the NXT Title. Over the weeks leading to Wrestlemania XXVI there will be a tournament deciding who will face off for the right to be called the inaugural NXT Champion.

However, as a bonus caviar to Christian since he retired the ECW title he will automatically be granted a birth in the match at Wrestlemania (essentially he's still viewed as champion but without a belt).

Bryan Danielson debuts and wins the tournament and therefore faces Christian at Wrestlemania XXVI for the NXT Championship. Danielson defeats Christian.

The following night at the 2010 WWE Draft before any draftees are announced Christian and somebody else (Regal?) are traded to Smackdown for Dolph Ziggler and Kane. (More on that part in another thread). In RAW and NXT's trade Jack Swagger and Evan Bourne are traded to NXT for Shelton Benjamin and Vladimir Kozlov.
    Last edited by ChocolateThunder; February 6th, 2010 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of folks are talking about new format and such, both here and in the other NXT thread. This isn't the place for that specifically, as I just was hoping for lots of zany gimmicks wrestlers could get into with the SyFy theme, but I will go ahead and adress my thoughts on it, since The Guy brought it up.

- TV Title: Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Every show needs a distinct title, and I think having a TV title on NXT is the perfect way to do it. I don't know about time limits and all that what-not, as it is already a 1-hour long show, so there's no need for that specific addition, but I love the idea of a title that is only defended on NXT and only on TV. It helps make the show feel a little more special, and helps with its own gimmicky-ness. Plus, WWE now owns the rights to the old WCW one. Just bring it out of the vault.
    - NXT Tag Titles: There needs to be a specific NXT brand Tag Titles. WWE has fallen very short on their Tag division, so putting a Tag Title onto NXT as well as the Unified Tag Titles leads to that building up of new talent they want. Plus, Berreta and Croft need some shiny around their waists.
    - Other belts: While another belt would be good, I certainly don't think they'll do that. Since this show is more than likely going to be more gimmicky than the two main shows, another belt isn't necessary. If they DO bring a new one, I would have it be either a Women's or a Hardcore belt. But that's just me.
    - Time limits/point systems/etc. - Come on guys, this is never going to happen. While it is kind of interesting, in the long run, that isn't something SyFy is wanting to see. They want to see a show that caters to their audience, while the WWE is looking for a show to train up the young guys. They aren't going to change the basic format of the WWE show, just the themed packaging. Either way, I am stoutly against this idea.
    - Time slot: I really would love for this to go to two-hours. I don't think it'll happen, at least not right away, but if this new version catches on, I think SyFy will ask for it, and WWE will more than likely reply. Then it can get a slightly bigger roster, and turn into OVW 2.0, where guys can really test out their gimmicks and their moves.

Note: this is a cross-post, just for the record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVyPD6tTcm0[/ame]

This is supposedly the theme for NXT. "Wild and Young" by American Bang. Not sure if I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible.

It's like some cheesy soap/reality show for teens...

Oh shit.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If that is the theme, then it will be the worse wrestling theme I've ever heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It reminds me of when Star Trek: Enterprise bizarrely opted for a Bryan Adams type song for its theme, completely going against years of established formula.

Sounded gaaaay.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's like in WCW when they gave Booker T cartoon music, except nowhere near as hilarious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds pretty crap, really.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVyPD6tTcm0

This is supposedly the theme for NXT. "Wild and Young" by American Bang. Not sure if I like it.
    The Wild And The Young - Quiet Riot
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUWbTny4xp4[/ame]

Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldXNVbKTsOo[/ame]

Neither of them would probably have fit a wrestling show, but they're both awesome....

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    Terrible.

It's like some cheesy soap/reality show for teens...

Oh shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    If that is the theme, then it will be the worse wrestling theme I've ever heard.
    sounds like most of the shitty music the WWE has chosen for it's weekly tv themes over the years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know much about Skid Row and have only just heard of Quiet Riot - but both those songs that Blood picked are pretty good. A lot better than what we'll probably get from WWE.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    sounds like most of the shitty music the WWE has chosen for it's weekly tv themes over the years.
    This one is gerrible (gay and terrible), the other themes were just terrible. Smackdown's is pretty good now, and I don't mind the current Raw one.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post

Youth Gone Wild - Skid Row
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldXNVbKTsOo

Neither of them would probably have fit a wrestling show, but they're both awesome....
    I absolutely love Skid Row and this is going back to the late 80's when my brother loved them. Youth Gone Wild is absolutely perfect I think. How about Slave to the Grind?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, its just music I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Wild and Young" is passable. I can see why they chose it, and I can envision the pyros in my head with the song (especially towards the end where they amp up the chorus). But really, I bet the only real reason they chose this song was because it was a good financial deal.

PurePlayer
    RAW's current Nickelback theme is pretty good I think. Not a fan of the current ECW and Smackdown ones though.

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just a theme. I really don't care much less either way.

I am sure that once they insert the images of the superstars who will be on the show, they will then go back and edit the video. If they feel the need for a different theme, it will happen.

I am pumped for this NXT brand.
    Should be immense.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right now I still think ECW's got the best theme of all of WWE's shows. I hated SmackDown's for awhile, but it's growing on me. As much as I loathe Nickelback, RAW's has a good sound to it musically for a pump-up-the-crowd feel.

That NXT track, though, barf. Not really the type of song I'd pick for the new/fresh/young/cutting-edge show or whatever.

Once more unto the breach Pipkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ECW theme is easily the best of the bunch right now. Superstars' is good, and I never got the hate for SD!'s current theme, I like it. Of the four current show songs, the only one I don't care for is RAW's. It doesn't get me pumped up for RAW at all. It's nowhere near as bad as this NXT song though...I agree with what everybody else has said about that.

It sounds like the theme to something like One Tree Hill or some different shows of that genre that I've never heard of. Just horrible. If they're going to have this music they might as well move it to the CW and just make the whole show about the romance between Zack and Rosa, and their gay friends Croft and Baretta.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croft and baretta rule. i will not stand for any shit talking of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly think they could rule. Train them up, get them some interesting promo material, and they could revitalize the tag division.

Once more unto the breach Pipkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    croft and baretta rule. i will not stand for any shit talking of them.
    I wasn't talking shit about them...I was talking shit about that genre of TV.

But I also don't see anything special about Croft and Baretta though. Their old music was pretty cool, but I always find myself bored while watching them.

To be fair though, that is probably less due to them and more due to my disinterest in wrestling right now. I'm bored by most things in WWE. Keeping score for the Fantasy WWE game is the only thing keeping me watching any show other than SD! right now.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipkin View Post
    To be fair though, that is probably less due to them and more due to my disinterest in wrestling right now. I'm bored by most things in WWE. Keeping score for the Fantasy WWE game is the only thing keeping me watching any show other than SD! right now.

Very similar situation on my end. It's not that the programming is bad or anything, I just don't have much of an interest in it anymore. If it weren't for our massive MSN chats i'd probably not watch wrestling anymore.

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first knew Nickelback's song was going to be the new RAW theme I was steadfast against that as the new theme. However, it really has grown on me and I like it as the theme. I do like Smackdown's and the current ECW one.

Point is, I think it'll grow on people until they just 'accept' it and listen to it or tune it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this would be a much better choice for NXT

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_HHm9ki3JI[/ame]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first knew Nickelback's song was going to be the new RAW theme I was steadfast against that as the new theme. However, it really has grown on me and I like it as the theme. I do like Smackdown's and the current ECW one.

Point is, I think it'll grow on people until they just 'accept' it and listen to it or tune it out.
    Yeah, like you and PurePlayer said, I despise Nickelback, but the song chosen for the RAW theme may be their best song, period... meaning it's average rock and fitting enough for a wrestling show. Nice theme.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    That NXT theme would fit one of those horridly fake MTV 'reality' shows; Next, Made, My Super 16 and whatever they are called.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah totally.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    I think this would be a much better choice for NXT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_HHm9ki3JI
    That'd be a great song... but I'm sure the rights to it would be pretty expensive. I thought they were one of the hot bands lately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Florida Championship Wrestling put out a release today about their big show this Friday, with Bryan Danielson headlining and Edge making an appearance. They also strongly hinted that more of the FCW guys will move to become the focus of NXT.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the main page:
    source: PWInsider.com

Fans have been wondering what exactly WWE NXT will be since Vince McMahon announced that ECW would end its run on Syfy and be replaced by the "next evolution" of WWE.

The word going around is that the NXT concept will be portrayed as a "reality" based series featuring new wrestlers who viewers will be able to follow inside and outside of the ring. Fans will be able to follow wrestlers from day one and get their personal insight, their background and goals, creating a different sense of deeper insight, etc.

As it stands now, the concept appears similar to WWE's former Tough Enough series with talent not only feuding with each other, but for the opportunity to become the "next" big WWE Superstar and move onto Raw or SmackDown

WWE has been pitching different concepts for the series and formalizing plans since the fall, but all signs to point to this concept being the nucleus of NXT.
    Sounds interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like that idea. From early on, we'll actually find out who these people are, why they're in WWE, what they want to accomplish, what makes them stand out above everyone else. In other words, it'll be something that is often lacking in new talent brought up from developmental and jobbed out within weeks because "they're not over" (which is the fault of creative): character development.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be good. It may well prove popular as well.

Someone posed something similar the other day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just hope most of the current ECW roster moves up then. Just give it a clean slate with Regal, Matt Hardy, and Finlay on the NXT brand to help out. But Yoshi, Zeke, Ryder, AW, Koz, Croft Barreta, Archer, Christian, Benjamin, ect. should all be moved to SD or RAW. But the focus should be these FCW guys moving up... maybe Croft and Barreta could stick around. But I think they are over enough to go to Smackers.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only problem I see with that is the hour timeslot. I just don't think they'll have the time to feature wrestlers, and have matches. I want to hope it will work but I don't see WWE pulling it off, hope I eat crow.

If nothing else this new concept has me very interested, I haven't watched ECW in ages but I will tune in for NXT when it starts...

When is that by the way?
    Last edited by Jordo; February 8th, 2010 at 3:03 PM.