Page 177 of 229 FirstFirst ... 167173174175176177178179180181187 ... LastLast
Results 17,601 to 17,700 of 22880

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Will catch NXT this week then, based off of that write-up, Ringo.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week's episode felt like it pretty much covered most of the elements of wrestling that WWE wants to convey but in a very crisp/efficient way.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo Fortyone View Post
    I assume we're all in agreement that Eric Bugenhagen is the greatest pro wrestler of all time.
    Yep. Amazing.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bugenhagen is great stuff man.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    When McGuinness said that Bugenhagen should go to Las Vegas where he belongs, is that a jab at AEW?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo Fortyone View Post
    I assume we're all in agreement that Eric Bugenhagen is the greatest pro wrestler of all time.
    This should be exactly what Adam Rose should have been.

I get Dalton Castle vibes from him, might just be the moustache.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    When McGuinness said that Bugenhagen should go to Las Vegas where he belongs, is that a jab at AEW?
    That's a jab associated with being a sideshow.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    This should be exactly what Adam Rose should have been.

I get Dalton Castle vibes from him, might just be the moustache.
    I get the vibes. He has a somewhat similar build, mustache, kind of walks to the ring all goofy like Dalton does as well. I'd love to see them as a tag-team. Never even heard of the guy until my oldest son showed me a video on IG of the guy playing Megadeth on the guitar, idk the band exactly but it was funny as hell.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People seem to be getting a little too excited a little too quickly about Bugez if you ask me. I get a bit of Adam Rose, No Way Jose, Mojo Rawley vibes about him (not necessarily saying that in a bad way, mind you). My concern is sometimes you've got a gimmick where the crowd's really into it (like Elias getting heat during promos) but it doesn't carry over to between the bells (like the crowd not giving a shit during Elias matches). Hopefully the guy can go in the ring can keep them invested. Plus Full sail crowd versus main roster crowd and whether or not this gimmick will translate to the main roster and not fizzle out's always a concern (see: those three guys I mentioned at the start). All in all, i'm just saying I'm cautiously optimistic (and to be fair, I fucking loved when Funkasaurus Brodus Clay debuted, so who am I to talk, really...).

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Dream is the first instance I've seen where he turned down a challenge for the big belt in favour of the midcard one.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    People seem to be getting a little too excited a little too quickly about Bugez if you ask me. I get a bit of Adam Rose, No Way Jose, Mojo Rawley vibes about him (not necessarily saying that in a bad way, mind you). My concern is sometimes you've got a gimmick where the crowd's really into it (like Elias getting heat during promos) but it doesn't carry over to between the bells (like the crowd not giving a shit during Elias matches). Hopefully the guy can go in the ring can keep them invested. Plus Full sail crowd versus main roster crowd and whether or not this gimmick will translate to the main roster and not fizzle out's always a concern (see: those three guys I mentioned at the start). All in all, i'm just saying I'm cautiously optimistic (and to be fair, I fucking loved when Funkasaurus Brodus Clay debuted, so who am I to talk, really...).
    Enzo Amore.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Kind of purged him from my brain or he'd have been listed at the top, too.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a certified G ana a bonafide fud and you càan't teeeeach thaaat!!!

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Oh yeah valid points all round. Early days yet.

However I don't remember any of those blokes being over before their first match even started.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    A lot of these gimmicks are fun, but the commentators over-hype it to death and that's what kills it. Or rather one of the three commentators will shit all over it for being stupid.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blame the dude shouting down their headsets.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Damn you triple h

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bugenhagen is amazing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elias has a very bland moveset that doesn’t really get a crowd excited for the main roster he needs to spice it up.

Gulak is amazing.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss Gulak's old theme. Ugh, so good.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Bugenhagen is amazing
    Imagine if the main event of Wrestlemania next year wasn't a match..it was Bugenhagen and old blue plants getting married.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Dunne vs. Walter for the UK title is official for the Mania weekend Takeover. Looking forward to that one.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things on Matt Riddle caught my eye recently. He was interviewed by TMZ and had some pretty interesting comments about the difference between NXT and the main roster.

“I think we’re just different and I know that’s the easy thing to say, but I would say we’re different. We’re new. We’re fresh. And we’re not the same kind of watered-down child’s product that WWE’s kind of turned into a lot. It (NXT) is more real. It’s more believable.”

He also said, “Funny enough, I was thinking about it the other day and I wanna get to the main roster, but then I was thinking, well, maybe I’m think about it wrong because NXT is so hot. Maybe we should stay and try to build NXT and make it bigger than Raw and Smackdown. You know, which isn’t impossible I don’t think. I think the big thing is Vince owns Raw, Smackdown, he owns everything and those are his babies. He’d had them forever so, I think the probability of NXT taking over at that level, probably hard. But at the same time, I don’t see
    it too far from the future as being on the same playing field as Raw and Smackdown.”

Then he had the YouTube interview with Jeremy Borash and Lesnar came up.

"Oh yeah. Retire him, bro. That's no secret. That's been the goal since I started wrestling, since the very beginning. I like to set goals that seem impossible. Only one person can retire Brock Lesnar. Only one person can end his career, and that person is going to be me. I don't like how he does it. I don't like the respect he shows. I don't like the work rate he puts out. That's just my personal opinion. I think he's capable of more. Maybe it doesn't work out for me, maybe it doesn't work out the first time but I guarantee you, I'm going to beat him and I'm going to retire him.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT has been signing a lot of experienced indie people these days and has kind of needed to give their kiddies a little ring time. Some notes about the womens tag match:

- Conti has been working on that body of hers my god, and she seems be finally be getting some unique offense in that can get the crowd's attention. Intrigued to see her progress.

- Li's intensity is great. She's another newbie that I hope flourishes in the next year.

- Vanessa Borne... totally forgot about her. She's generic and boring.

- Aliyah. How long has this girl been around in NXT and she still can't connect w/ the crowd. The only thing about her is that she sucks. And that botched finish was pretty cringey.

Also, Keith Lee's music is HORRIBLE.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Riddle is crazy if he thinks he'd be able to "retire" Brock Lesnar in a real fight.

Brock would pick his teeth with that stoner douchebro cunt.

But this? This interview is the kind of asshole heel personality they should let Riddle show on NXT TV. There's no way a guy who looks like he's a MAGA hat away from pissing off everyone should be a babyface.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The finish between Dijakovic and Lee is definitely underwhelming but I thought it was a nice way to work moving forward with two performers at the same level and the potential in terms of trajectory. You could definitely get a feel they've got a big match between them there and this was a nice sampler.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dij has been dang impressive and can't wait to see more of him. (I do think he needs a name tweak though)

Been blue in the face about it for years and they need to do something about the gosh dang metal ramp. Dij banged the back of his head on it during his dive and I can't tell you how many times that's happened in the past because the ramp is too close to the ring.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Dijakovic/Lee was such a blast. Great little TV match. Lee's theme is awful as VHS said.

Also agree with VHS on that women's tag. Aliyah's been around for years and still looks like quite easily the worst of these four. Borne's more solid but still super bland. Xia Li's definitely got something about her and Conti's quite interesting too. Not sure why Borne and Aliyah got the win.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My son told me that apparently Meltzer gave a PWG match between Lee and Dijack a 5 star rating. I could see why because in that 10 minute match I saw greatness especially out of Ketih Lee who I am not familiar with at all in terms of pre-NXT. Dijack on the other hand....I've always liked him dating back to the ROH stuff, but there's something very OVW 2002 about his look that takes me out of the moment.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The camera shot of Dijakovic stunned/frustrated and Lee standing tall in the background was absolutely badass. That's got to be one of the best camera shots of the year so far. Absolutely nailed it.

edit: realized that’s pretty much a copy to the shot of Ospreay and Ibushi. Still amazing.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 28th, 2019 at 2:51 PM.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    - Aliyah. How long has this girl been around in NXT and she still can't connect w/ the crowd. The only thing about her is that she sucks. And that botched finish was pretty cringey.
    :
    She might be the worst wrestler this decade. Absolutely gash at everything.

Also the other two horsewomen are fucking shite.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one married to Roderick who was Ronda's assistant....She is by far the most cringe wrestler on the entire roster. It's almost to the point I feel bad until I realize she was the same chick who called out Cris Cyborg without having a single MMA fight. Dumb.

Jessamyn, I don't know, she COULD be something but a big part of me feels like these 2 will be released by the end of the year if not the end of the month.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

Jessamyn, I don't know, she COULD be something but a big part of me feels like these 2 will be released by the end of the year if not the end of the month.
    If that were a bet, that would be one I would definitely take on the opposing side of yours.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 1st, 2019 at 2:31 PM.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    She might be the worst wrestler this decade. Absolutely gash at everything.

Also the other two horsewomen are fucking shite.
    Oh my god I've just watched her latest match. What the fuck is that botch. It looks like some drunk fan has just cosplayed her way into an actual match. Fucking terrible bastard, christ.

The Rosk
    Oh God the Undisputed Era are just magnificent aren't they. That segment with Dream had some great bits.

"... makes me SO MAD"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one married to Roderick who was Ronda's assistant....She is by far the most cringe wrestler on the entire roster. It's almost to the point I feel bad until I realize she was the same chick who called out Cris Cyborg without having a single MMA fight. Dumb.

They're both pretty new and I'd say Duke is the most green of the two. Shafir hasn't really gotten a chance to show what she can do since their matches have been fairly short. I don't recall them screwing anything up.

Duke's got her height, which will help her stand out. Marina has something there I think too.

They need another year and I think they'll be pretty good. For newbs they're on track.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Oh God the Undisputed Era are just magnificent aren't they. That segment with Dream had some great bits.

"... makes me SO MAD"
    They're a joy to watch. WHERE'S CATHY KELLY?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    If that were a bet, that would be one I would definitely take on the opposing side of yours.
    Which part? Bet me they'll be gone by the end of the year or the end of the month? Lol. Both are pretty extreme

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    They're both pretty new and I'd say Duke is the most green of the two. Shafir hasn't really gotten a chance to show what she can do since their matches have been fairly short. I don't recall them screwing anything up.

Duke's got her height, which will help her stand out. Marina has something there I think too.

They need another year and I think they'll be pretty good. For newbs they're on track.
    I think there's a reason Shafir hasn't been able to show "what she can do".

These 2 are literally only there to possibly sell a NXT Horsewomen v. MMA Horsewomen match sometime in the future. So it's hard for me to really sink my teeth into anything Shafir is doing for that reason and for the shit I've listened come out of her mouth for 5-6 years in the MMA world.

Just some personal, middle school girl type bias going on for me lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which part? Bet me they'll be gone by the end of the year or the end of the month? Lol. Both are pretty extreme
    Haha, both.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha, both.

I think this is why Marina said fuck MMA and fuck fighting Cris Cyborg lol

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this is why Marina said fuck MMA and fuck fighting Cris Cyborg lol
    My thought is $100 for your suggestion of the month, $500 for the year.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My thought is $100 for your suggestion of the month, $500 for the year.
    If you're making those kind of bets you need some Gambler's Anonymous lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're making those kind of bets you need some Gambler's Anonymous lol.
    I’m not making those bets regularly, if ever. I just thought I’d see how strong your convictions were. I’d still take it as it but we can take a zero off each one lol.

Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit that Lee/Dijakovic match was amazing. The double countout definitely leaves me wanting more instead of being let down.

I've ranted about this before, but fuck that dumb fucking crowd and their stupid fucking boner for a DIY reunion. Between that and their call up to Raw/SD the best wrestling storyline of this decade is going to fizzle out and I'm fucking annoyed by that. I mean you could try and swing it that Ciampa has manipulated not only Johnny but the entire NXT universe, but it still looks very very stupid when the crowd is fucking cheering one of the best heels in years getting his own way.

Keith Lee's new theme is trash.

Borne/Aliyah getting that win was weird. I'm hyped about both Li and Conti, seems weird that they lost this. Hopefully it leads to a feud between the two of them.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I appreciate the Monty Brown/Marquis Cor Von thing they're doing with Lee.Not original but could get him over.

Aliyah is fucking garbage.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, i wouldn't be surprised if they just started writing Aliyah and Bourne off NXT because they've been there ages now and they're totally empty.

Sasha... Becky... Bayley... so many others were able to find themselves in only a fraction of Aliya/Bourne's whole tenure so far. They make me FF through NXT and that's something I hate doing.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who gets the soon to be vacant NXT World Title?? I hope its that guy who was singing while fighting the other week who Gulak ripped up. Boobenheim?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dream can be a double champ.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My guess is Adam Cole.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck I hope not.

Give it to Gargano, Dream, Keith Lee, or Matt Riddle.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck I hope not.

Give it to Gargano, Dream, Keith Lee, or Matt Riddle.
    Based on what you’ve said about it, color me shocked on your stance lol.

Theres different things in play that will really test NXT’s creative. This is happening at the turning point of the calendar. Yes, guys have randomly shown up in the last month from NXT but the general idea is that you see call ups in April. If DIY is shelved, are they no longer interested in Gargano as a stand-alone performer on the main roster? I could see a point of view that suggests they won’t be interested. I don’t ageee, but I see it. If he’s going to stay on the main roster, he doesn’t make sense as the champion. If you’re going with someone who is likely carrying the brand for the next 6-12 months, Cole and Dream (maybe not Dream) are the two obvious choices to me. Really depends on if Dream is moving up “immediately” (April). Riddle is an interesting dark horse choice because he could just catapult to the top of the card. Keith Lee needs more time to show who he is and what he is about. He’s definitely the least advanced ofnthebpeople mentioned.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on what you’ve said about it, color me shocked on your stance lol.

Theres different things in play that will really test NXT’s creative. This is happening at the turning point of the calendar. Yes, guys have randomly shown up in the last month from NXT but the general idea is that you see call ups in April. If DIY is shelved, are they no longer interested in Gargano as a stand-alone performer on the main roster? I could see a point of view that suggests they won’t be interested. I don’t ageee, but I see it. If he’s going to stay on the main roster, he doesn’t make sense as the champion. If you’re going with someone who is likely carrying the brand for the next 6-12 months, Cole and Dream (maybe not Dream) are the two obvious choices to me. Really depends on if Dream is moving up “immediately” (April). Riddle is an interesting dark horse choice because he could just catapult to the top of the card. Keith Lee needs more time to show who he is and what he is about. He’s definitely the least advanced ofnthebpeople mentioned.
    I'm not a fan one bit of Adam Cole. But I could see the reasoning as to WHY they would put the belt on him. I respect I'm in the minority in terms of people who appreciate Adam Cole BAY BAY, but I've just never liked him all the way back to the Future Shock days in ROH. My only issue with Adam Cole being champion is that it feels too much like he'd be given the belt just to sell the stable being the Horsemen i.e. having all the gold. It's a paint by numbers approach, and it works.

I think giving it to Keith Lee or Riddle would definitely feel like an out of left field move, but not completely because it would immediately make them major players. Right now imo they already are.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a fan one bit of Adam Cole. But I could see the reasoning as to WHY they would put the belt on him. I respect I'm in the minority in terms of people who appreciate Adam Cole BAY BAY, but I've just never liked him all the way back to the Future Shock days in ROH. My only issue with Adam Cole being champion is that it feels too much like he'd be given the belt just to sell the stable being the Horsemen i.e. having all the gold. It's a paint by numbers approach, and it works.

I think giving it to Keith Lee or Riddle would definitely feel like an out of left field move, but not completely because it would immediately make them major players. Right now imo they already are.
    Your opening salvo with your reasoning was extremely refreshing to read, so props for that and thank you.

As for the logic of putting him as champion, they literally have said this year is about having them all hold gold so thisnwoildnplay into that. If that’s the case, they’re clearly not moving up anytime soon (you would hope). If that’s the case, you give them long reigns and then you instantly make the individuals (teams) that beat them, and you get your natural transition for UE to be called up.

Riddle makes much, much more sense compared to Lee because I don’t know what the hell Lee’s character is. That’s why the match with Dijakovic made sense last week. It was a match between two guys who they clearly have plans for but they’ve been in a holding pattern. Neither have much of a character but you expect that to come across as their feud continues. I know Lee came out to run off Ohno while Riddle and Ohno were feuding but Lee ultimately lost that match to Ohno (and Ohno loses to almost everybody lol). Lee is just a big guy who is athletic as hell with an underdeveloped personoa to the viewing audience. If you’re not familiar to Lee prior to NXT, they haven’t done much to explain what he’s about.

Riddle, to me, feels like he’s been given more of a spotlight on TV and through social media avenues via WWE to provide exposition.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 6th, 2019 at 12:32 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not read the spoilers, but I did hear about Tommaso.

I would love a Matt Riddle vs. Johnny Gargano match for the Interim Championship

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck.

We're never going to see a proper end to Gargano/Ciampa are we.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It should never end.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was 75 minutes and it still felt like it went by briskly. They could maybe get away with a weekly two-hour show but it might get thin over time. One thing that certainly helped is the fact that NXT has a very healthy group of tag teams and NXT just nails it with tag team matches.

The opening promo package to hype the Dusty Classic was so good. Great production work and immediately created a sense of urgency with stakes on the line. Loved that and made each of the teams feel important.

Riddle and Dream definitely have chemistry that can work off each other.

Such a gut punch to see Ciampa out there, knowing what we now know. Bittersweet to hear them come down to the ring with the DIY theme, too. The match to close the show was awesome. I've never seen that wheelbarrow DDT into a wheelbarrow suplex. Great creativity. Gargano/KOR could be an absolute classic if they decide to go down that road. Didn't expect to see the rebound lariat again but KOR brought it out. Still looked silly, like Ambrose's, but it looked a little more natural for him.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 7th, 2019 at 1:54 AM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought they only had an hour....even if it's on the Network. Can they just make shows however long they want? That would do wonders with RAW and Smackdown, instead of having pointless things happening just to fill out the time frame. O

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they only had an hour....even if it's on the Network. Can they just make shows however long they want? That would do wonders with RAW and Smackdown, instead of having pointless things happening just to fill out the time frame. O
    It's their own Network. They can do whatever they want, really. It's not like all of the Network specials (Chronicle, 365, 24 and etc) are all 30 or 60 minutes. The issue that I perceive you're mentioning is that they won't get nearly the revenue they're getting from cable networks if they went just on their own with the Network. If they were able to do that, the indicating number would be that their ratings are really high.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 7th, 2019 at 11:49 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was sad Street Profits lost. I would be into the finals being Mountain Boys v. Black/Ricochet. I don't see DIY getting past them, especially if the semi-finals haven't happened yet.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was sad Street Profits lost. I would be into the finals being Mountain Boys v. Black/Ricochet. I don't see DIY getting past them, especially if the semi-finals haven't happened yet.
    Bate/Ford was interesting when it was happening. Basically, either of them is interesting when they’re in the ring but Bate seems like he can pretty much do anything with anyone based on his technical proficiency. They’re adding some attitude of some kind to SP so I’m interested to see where it goes. It better not be lackadaisical like what they were doing with The Mighty. Could be the case though because the team really only has a personality for one person, and the upside only resides within one person.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bate/Ford was interesting when it was happening. Basically, either of them is interesting when they’re in the ring but Bate seems like he can pretty much do anything with anyone based on his technical proficiency. They’re adding some attitude of some kind to SP so I’m interested to see where it goes. It better not be lackadaisical like what they were doing with The Mighty. Could be the case though because the team really only has a personality for one person, and the upside only resides within one person.
    I think Montez Ford has the biggest upside of the two for sure. He needs to just clean up his upper body, add about 10-15lbs. and he'll be on his way. It's purely cosmetic and quick fix for him. As a team I think they have mileage as well but Angelo needs to step it up. He's not that big, he's not really anything special. TBH, they could probably find a better partner for Ford but hey this is still developmental and they're not exactly getting the mega push so there's time.

Bate is a guy who I totally agree, he can adapt to really anyone and he's what, 21? Crazy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Montez Ford has the biggest upside of the two for sure. He needs to just clean up his upper body, add about 10-15lbs. and he'll be on his way. It's purely cosmetic and quick fix for him. As a team I think they have mileage as well but Angelo needs to step it up. He's not that big, he's not really anything special. TBH, they could probably find a better partner for Ford but hey this is still developmental and they're not exactly getting the mega push so there's time.

Bate is a guy who I totally agree, he can adapt to really anyone and he's what, 21? Crazy.
    Just to be clear, I meant Ford has the bigger upside of the two within Street Profits. It’s not even close to me. In regards to Bate and Ford, I’d lean towards Bate but Ford clearly has potential. I agree in terms of your to-do list for Ford. I’m wondering if their edge builds to SP eventually breaking up and Ford does his own thing on NXT. I’m not saying within the next two months but something that happens by the end of Summer. I don’t know if that’s a good idea because Ford could get lost in the shuffle but it’s an option. I really was digging his look with the ski mask, the glasses, and the crown.

Bate actually turned 22 today. Upside is off the charts for him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be clear, I meant Ford has the bigger upside of the two within Street Profits. It’s not even close to me. In regards to Bate and Ford, I’d lean towards Bate but Ford clearly has potential. I agree in terms of your to-do list for Ford. I’m wondering if their edge builds to SP eventually breaking up and Ford does his own thing on NXT. I’m not saying within the next two months but something that happens by the end of Summer. I don’t know if that’s a good idea because Ford could get lost in the shuffle but it’s an option. I really was digging his look with the ski mask, the glasses, and the crown.

Bate actually turned 22 today. Upside is off the charts for him.
    Oh yeah I knew what you meant about Ford, that's what I was building off of, I didn't think you were saying Bates and Ford were a tag-team lol.

I think that British Strong Styles (MM and Dunne) are going to HOPEFULLY be the next big UK wrestlers on the main roster. Thoughts?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah I knew what you meant about Ford, that's what I was building off of, I didn't think you were saying Bates and Ford were a tag-team lol.

I think that British Strong Styles (MM and Dunne) are going to HOPEFULLY be the next big UK wrestlers on the main roster. Thoughts?
    Bate and Dunne are main roster ready, in my opinion. I think they’re still lacking in terms of promos but they’ve improved over the last year. They’re showing the right trajectory in that regard. Seven has some of the issues that Dawkins has, where he’s clearly seen as the “inferior” guy on the tag team but Seven clearly has the chops in the ring and charisma that only makes that Dawkins comparison a loose one.

I think the thing that ultimately “hurts” the promise of BSS on the main roster is the UK brand really needs them. I think that brand suffers midily if they’re not there. The good thing is that Bate and Dunne are babies basically. They’ve got time. I also think they’ll want to do something with BSS and Walter/European Union (Barthel and Aichner). That’s probably a money six-man feud. So they’re probably a year away, at the earliest, of coming stateside on the regular. Then I’d worry about DIY syndrome on the main roster: does the old man understand what he’s got with these guys? That’s the concern I had with Ciampa and Gargano but they were getting pushed. That was promising, but the injury with Ciampa leaves it a mystery. I’d clearly worry if Vince knows how good Dunne and Bate could be. Triple H clearly knows.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bate and Dunne are main roster ready, in my opinion. I think they’re still lacking in terms of promos but they’ve improved over the last year. They’re showing the right trajectory in that regard. Seven has some of the issues that Dawkins has, where he’s clearly seen as the “inferior” guy on the tag team but Seven clearly has the chops in the ring and charisma that only makes that Dawkins comparison a loose one.

I think the thing that ultimately “hurts” the promise of BSS on the main roster is the UK brand really needs them. I think that brand suffers midily if they’re not there. The good thing is that Bate and Dunne are babies basically. They’ve got time. I also think they’ll want to do something with BSS and Walter/European Union (Barthel and Aichner). That’s probably a money six-man feud. So they’re probably a year away, at the earliest, of coming stateside on the regular. Then I’d worry about DIY syndrome on the main roster: does the old man understand what he’s got with these guys? That’s the concern I had with Ciampa and Gargano but they were getting pushed. That was promising, but the injury with Ciampa leaves it a mystery. I’d clearly worry if Vince knows how good Dunne and Bate could be. Triple H clearly knows.
    I definitely agree that we could use them on NXT UK for a good year. There are too many expendable players right now that Vince and co. are still using even if it's on the C-shows on the Network and openers for house shows. Guys like Apollo, Ascension, Colons, Rhyno, several others that just don't fit and aren't really worth the time and money. So once you clean a little house on the main roster and you find a truly positive spot for those we're talking about in NXT, I say let's wait, build that UK brand for sure!

I have to also say the European Union are in my top 5 reasons to watch NXT in general.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely agree that we could use them on NXT UK for a good year. There are too many expendable players right now that Vince and co. are still using even if it's on the C-shows on the Network and openers for house shows. Guys like Apollo, Ascension, Colons, Rhyno, several others that just don't fit and aren't really worth the time and money. So once you clean a little house on the main roster and you find a truly positive spot for those we're talking about in NXT, I say let's wait, build that UK brand for sure!

I have to also say the European Union are in my top 5 reasons to watch NXT in general.
    Yeah, time is definitely on the side of BSS (as long as they can avoid the injury bug and they remain invested in the industry). I think 12-18 months is a good period for NXT UK to establish themselves, find new hot talent and then begin their integration. I can’t imagine it’s attracting less viewers than 205 Live so I imagine it’s heading in the right direction in terms of being self-sustaining.

EU’s match with Ricochet and Black was quite good. Barthel looks like a good worker and has a smug look. Aichner is pretty flashy. Combined, they give you a better look overall compared to, like, Lorcan and Burch: a competent tag team that can make a run under the right conditions.

Whether its NXT proper or NXT UK, they really do know how to handle their tag teams. That’s not to say teams slip through the cracks but you know they’re going to deliver really good tag matches.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With that said, I'm not a fan of the Forgotten Sons. No clue what they're even about. At all. 3 jobbers. That's all I see. lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally agree with that. I'm not really seeing much there.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    With that said, I'm not a fan of the Forgotten Sons. No clue what they're even about. At all. 3 jobbers. That's all I see. lol.
    That one guy's menacing face had me bursting out with laughter. Looked like he was shitting his pants.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question....

When was the last time the WWE released an active NXT member? I don't mean these fools they use to job once in a while from the performance center. I mean someone that is used somewhat regularly if not consistently. Seems like there are several talents in NXT that have been lurking around for awhile.

The Forgotten Sons....That team looks jank, weak ass finisher, nothing special about them whatsoever. And Gunner from TNA as their "leader".....I'm just not feeling it, not one bit. What does the name of the team even mean?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If it leads to them having parents with amnesia, I'm all for it. I watched an Unsolved Mysteries episode last week that had a guy who was wanted by the police for smuggling stuff or something, and he just turns up one day saying he didn't know who he was, and they said he had amnesia. He didn't even recognize his mother or family. I think he faked that to avoid prison.

But it would be cool if these guys had parents who didn't know who they were, hence the Forgotten Sons name.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question....

When was the last time the WWE released an active NXT member? I don't mean these fools they use to job once in a while from the performance center. I mean someone that is used somewhat regularly if not consistently. Seems like there are several talents in NXT that have been lurking around for awhile.

The Forgotten Sons....That team looks jank, weak ass finisher, nothing special about them whatsoever. And Gunner from TNA as their "leader".....I'm just not feeling it, not one bit. What does the name of the team even mean?
    Is Juice a qualifier?

Bagel
    They'll be pissed when they find out Bray Wyatt found the family fortune before they knew they were even all brothers, maybe from another mother.

Question....

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Juice a qualifier?
    That was the only guy I could think of lol. And that was like 4-5 years ago, maybe not that long idk. I remembered Bull Dempsey as well. But again, that was awhile back.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they are supposed be like ex-military guys who came back and society cast them aside or some shit like that. I know Cutler and Gunner for sure used to be military guys... they probably just added Blake for the look, lol.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it leads to them having parents with amnesia, I'm all for it. I watched an Unsolved Mysteries episode last week that had a guy who was wanted by the police for smuggling stuff or something, and he just turns up one day saying he didn't know who he was, and they said he had amnesia. He didn't even recognize his mother or family. I think he faked that to avoid prison.

But it would be cool if these guys had parents who didn't know who they were, hence the Forgotten Sons name.
    Forgotfel Fathers vs Forgotten Sons at a TakeOver.

Forgotten Sons win because the Fathers forget to show up.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, that's the idea apparently. It seemed to be suggested that there'd be more of a political element to their promos. But we haven't seen much of that. They just look dominant and make angry faces. Shite.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lorcan/Burch are miles better. I hope they either get an NXT or NXT UK tag title run soon. Maybe even a call-up.

The Bar vs Lorcan/Burch would be uppercut city.

The Rosk
    Must be a cull coming up soon. Too much shit.

Dawkins
    All of the Forgotten Sons
    Kona Reeves
    Sabbatelli
    Aliyah

All boring and shite.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else think Ciampa might lie down for Gargano? NXT finger poke of Doom? It'd be an interesting addition to their history.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackdadday View Post
    Anyone else think Ciampa might lie down for Gargano? NXT finger poke of Doom? It'd be an interesting addition to their history.
    Naw. It wouldn't make sense one bit for Tomaso to do something like that. He might be cool with Gargano, but he LOVES the championship. He's vacating it and he'll use that as a way to jump back in to title contention later this year when he returns.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I think they are supposed be like ex-military guys who came back and society cast them aside or some shit like that. I know Cutler and Gunner for sure used to be military guys... they probably just added Blake for the look, lol.
    Really? That would actually make them way more interesting than they currently are (going from nothing to mild). Put a bloody mic in their hands ffs.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I read or heard that NXT is doing their next set of tapings tonight or tomorrow. That means we're getting the answers to Ciamp's injury and setup for the future then.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Yeah, Ranallo tweeted that the final set of tapings before TakeOver are tonight.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well spin my nipplenuts and send me to Alaska.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn DIY I wish they could have finished that story at Takeover.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving the build to Takeover. Will be interesting to see who they put in contention for the NXT Title with the usual key players tied up with other stories, main roster, injuries or any combination thereof.

Dunno about the women's being a F4W. Would have much preferred Shayna (with goons) vs Io (with Kairi)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Takeover Card spoilers i found on tpww.net

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alastair Black/Ricochet vs DIY should've been the Dusty Rhodes Classic final. Forgotten Sons are pants and not memorable which fits their moniker nicely.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm starting to wonder if it's some sort of meta-gimmick

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Ricochet/Black will be NXT and Raw tag champions by the end of Wrestlemania weekend.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    I wonder if Ricochet/Black will be NXT and Raw tag champions by the end of Wrestlemania weekend.
    I doubt it...

...but the fact that they're balls deep in both the RAW and SD tag title scene makes me think maybe they'll be pulling double duty for those titles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stocky View Post
    Takeover Card spoilers i found on tpww.net

Jesus christ that card looks fucking amazing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They babyfaced the hell out of Ciampa with his video of him in Alabama for surgery.

Holy hell, that main event.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest takeaway from the fatal 5way was that Riddle is going to be a massive deal if they don't screw him up and he remains in the company. I felt like the match was a really good coming out party for him and his fluidity worked. This match was like at a 10 from the jump and kept trying to go even more frenetic but he just looked really comfortable in there and meshed with each of the four guys. His style stood out, as well.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riddle's character scream heel to me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah same.

But wowee he was unreal in this match.