Page 169 of 229 FirstFirst ... 159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,900 of 22880

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sanity and the Wyatt family also freebirded the belts, so it’s not like wwe is scared to use them

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE ALL KNOWING WIKIPEDIA says that the group holds the title already

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    nah, fuck you. i'm right

he tag title match didn't seem to get to that 'other gear' for me. the ending was nice, but the "i beat the fuck out of you all match but it was really just a plan" always strikes me as weird.

also whatever her name is, with her constant interference made almas look weak as fuck and that always hindered what i think of his matches
    Nah fuck you in your beautiful face, I’m the right one

funny cause I liked he tag match for the story it laid out. I thought the pacing was superb, even if the AOP didn’t feel as monstrous as I would have hoped. John/Tom wasn’t in the right gear for me for the first half of the match.

i loved Vega being all over the match. A good valet should be.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    nah, fuck you. i'm right

he tag title match didn't seem to get to that 'other gear' for me. the ending was nice, but the "i beat the fuck out of you all match but it was really just a plan" always strikes me as weird.

also whatever her name is, with her constant interference made almas look weak as fuck and that always hindered what i think of his matches
    Isn't that the point of her though? He was a jobber before right? and since he was with her he got good.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    couldn't tell ya andy. i know he lost a few times on Takeover specials, but i don't follow nxt that much. i think that is a pretty shit gimmick with not much else to do, if true.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Sanity and the Wyatt family also freebirded the belts, so it’s not like wwe is scared to use them
    I know, the Spirit Squad did it after all too. I'm just hoping they still keep rhe tag belts when Bobby's healed and they use it before them.

Also Strong turning may seem contrived at first glance but he can apply heel logic to it. He's constantly preaching in his promos about how he's fighting for his family. He took the easy way out but he did it for them so there's extra income.

Plus Dunne is no doubt wanting to wreck the whole group and I hope he brings in British pals to help like Mike referenced earlier.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    i loved Vega being all over the match. A good valet should be.
    if done right, but this just makes the dude look really weak as fuck, to me.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    couldn't tell ya andy. i know he lost a few times on Takeover specials, but i don't follow nxt that much. i think that is a pretty shit gimmick with not much else to do, if true.
    Alex is at least honest about his heritage unlike Andy.

Also I like the story that Vega helped him get more focused. Almas is clearly skilled on his own but she adds an extra dimension to it. I'm hoping she competes properly at some point, she can clearly go.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Also Strong turning may seem contrived at first glance but he can apply heel logic to it. He's constantly preaching in his promos about how he's fighting for his family. He took the easy way out but he did it for them so there's extra income.
    even if this were true, Dunne had the match won when he got Strong turned on him. Strong was dropping O'Reilly on the fucking apron his a minute or two before he joins them.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    even if this were true, Dunne had the match won when he got Strong turned on him. Strong was dropping O'Reilly on the fucking apron his a minute or two before he joins them.
    Strong is cunningly greedy.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Brilliant show.

Four great matches and a really well done turn in the tag title match.

- Ladder melee was wild. One of the better multi man ladder matches they've done. Excellent debut for Ricochet who looked like a star. Dain and Sullivan chucking people and ladders around was a lot of fun. Velveteen Dream's Purple Rainmaker from the top of the Ladder was nuts. He managed to actually jump off it rather than just fall and it looked great. Adam Cole winning is probably the right call. He's proper over too. Maybe a three way feud for the title with EC3 and Ricochet?
    - Really enjoyed Ember/Shayna and I'm kind of baffled as to why more people aren't into Baszler. I think she's great. Ember brought her usual big spots and inventive move set. Shayna trying to pop her shoulder back in by charging into the ring post was brutal. Crowd sucked for most of this, tired after the ladder match perhaps or maybe they just haven't taken to Ember like they did Asuka or Sasha or Bayley. The "Too Sweeeeeet" thing is utterly cringeworthy and genuinely takes me a little bit out of matches and anyone that does it should be put in a camp. Looking forward to Baszler's reign. Sane should be the first challenger. Ember will move up to the main roster now you'd think.
    - Tag Title match was a fun sprint but the crowd were still mostly sitting on their hands. The Strong turn was great. Managed to be pretty shocking despite making complete sense with Strong's ROH history and the call back to TUE offering him membership before. Also Dunne's been the heel until now but last night he was the most popular guy in the match with the large British contingent so it worked even better. I didn't think I would be as into TUE as I am but I love their whole presentation. I think they're better off in NXT right now as well. AOP should be moving up now, hopefully Evil Ellering goes with him.
    - I thought Almas/Black was up there as one of the best NXT title matches they've done. Zelina's involvement is always so good. There were some convincing near falls towards the end and I became convinced Almas was retaining. Really pleased to see Black win though. It's his turn. Almas & Vega to move on up. Smackdown the likely destination?
    - And the main event. This was a long match and usually when matches go this long my engagement will peak about 10 minutes before the end and I'll look back and think they should've finished it earlier, but not here. This was an epic. The last 10 minutes was the peak. The sit down tease was masterfully done. One of the best examples of overt "storytelling" in a match that I've ever seen. Gargano's face, Ciampa's face. And then Ciampa swinging with the brace and missing. I loved the crutch theft, the use of the knee brace, the DIY call backs and the two brutal spots on the outside - the suplex off the announce table and powerbomb onto the concrete. Gargano is a top class babyface and Ciampa is so convincing as a sick psychopath heel. I didn't think this was perfect but it was very close.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUT HE WOULD HAVE GOT IT IF HE DIDN'T TURN.

sorry badger, no logic works with this one.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    - And the main event. This was a long match and usually when matches go this long my engagement will peak about 10 minutes before the end and I'll look back and think they should've finished it earlier, but not here. This was an epic. The last 10 minutes was the peak. The sit down tease was masterfully done. One of the best examples of overt "storytelling" in a match that I've ever seen. Gargano's face, Ciampa's face. And then Ciampa swinging with the brace and missing. I loved the crutch theft, the use of the knee brace, the DIY call backs and the two brutal spots on the outside - the suplex off the announce table and powerbomb onto the concrete. Gargano is a top class babyface and Ciampa is so convincing as a sick psychopath heel. I didn't think this was perfect but it was very close.
    the most brutal spot was the legit superkick ciampa took. fucking hell.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUT HE WOULD HAVE GOT IT IF HE DIDN'T TURN.

sorry badger, no logic works with this one.
    He didn't want to taje the chance. Also I think he may have been secretly pissed at Dunne for beating him for the UK title so he decided to use him to get back at him.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOPE BADGER GET OUT

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOPE BADGER GET OUT
    Whatever way you think of it, the bright side of it is this is going to get Dunne even more over as a face and want to stomp the fingers out of Undisputed Era. Strong is a slimey cunt who preaches family values yet took the easy way out for glory. He could've been honourable and taken the tirkes with Dunne, but this will no doubt lead to a Strong/Dunne rematch where they try to rip the UK title off him too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should be a few call ups after Raw. Lots of new NXT members and lots of them ready to move to the top of thr card.

I wouldnt be surprised with a big clear out up to the main roster the next two nights.

I would say Almas, AOP, Sanity and maybes The Iconic Duo moving up would work out, they are all ready and would create the space on NxT for for the newbies to make their mark.

All those would be fine on the main roster.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll fight you

and you too chatty, why not

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always assumed that he had to wait to put the AOP out of commission before he could turn on Dunne, knowing that if he turned too soon, Dunne would have come after him, and AOP could have picked them off easily at that point.

He turned right after he put AOP down.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll fight you

and you too chatty, why not
    10pm by the monkey bars!

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nobody View Post
    I always assumed that he had to wait to put the AOP out of commission before he could turn on Dunne, knowing that if he turned too soon, Dunne would have come after him, and AOP could have picked them off easily at that point.

He turned right after he put AOP down.
    see badger this is how it's done i am now on board

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Oh dear Matthew is browsing lets see what troglodyte has to say shall we
    also notice how this dumbass disappears once an actual discussion about the topic gets going.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is some logic to Nobody's post, but it still doesn't change my reasoning that Strong is still a slimey cunt and what better timing to do the turn than Wrestlemania weekend to get the crowd buzzing.

Also there's always a chance AOP move up soon.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good show.

Ladder match was damn solid. SOme nutty spots, everyone got some chance to shine. Ricochet had a great debut with some jaw-dropping moves, Dream looked amazing with that bananas elbow drop and that fucking bonkers-as-hell DVD on the ladder (spot of the match), and some good slams through and off by the other guys. I think my expectations were a touch higher so I didn't feel quite as blown away as I thought I'd be but maybe that's also because my least favorite guy int he match won it. I went into it thinking, "As long as Adam Cole doesn't win..." probably because I was suspecting he would. And he did. I don't get him.

Women's match was the second best match on the show for me. Loved Bazler's work here, the shoulder popping, and holding her hair for the submission was brilliant, and that Eclipse counter was dope. Moon is solid in the ring but I agree with those saying she really needs to work on her character.

Tag title/Dusty Classic match was pretty forgettable for me. It was fine but nothing too amazing. Roddy turning is probably good since he's bland, though, but I just don't care for Undisputed Era. And you contrast the massive pops for this heel group/heel turn with the awesome heat Ciampa got later and it seems like something's off.

NXT Title match was real good. Maybe not quite up to what I expected but pretty close. Love Vegas' involvement, nice to have a manager that gets in the mix (unlike Heyman) and that she does fucking ranas and not just a slap or leg grab. Big fan of both guys, would have been happy with it going either way, but very cool for Black to get the belt. He'll be a killer champ. I was expecting Ciampa to beat Gargano and step up as the next challenger but we'll have to see, I guess.

Main event was amazing. That heat for Ciampa, like I said, was awesome. Very refreshing to see a really good heel that actually gets heat for being a really good heel. So much awesome story telling with all the call backs and symbolism and creative use of objects and spots and stuff. For a good while I figured Ciampa was going to take it, like I said to go after Black, and Gargano would get called up, so I bought a lot of the nearfalls. Match of the night, for sure.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    So I just read someone listing all the call backs to their CWC match and tag matches together and there were even more than I noticed when watching. Wonderful.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mth, Ciampa brutally turned on Gargano a few months ago after being friends for many years then cost him his career until this Takeover. I think it's slightly unfair to compare this with Roddy's turn when it's just happened. The level of heat for Ciampa was always going to be bigger.

When the Era clash with Gargano, the heat will come in waves.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    https://streamable.com/jyt49

loved THIS I did.

Also KOR taking off his belt ready to do the air guitar only to change his mind when he looked to Cole struggling behind him.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying the heat should be the same. I'm just saying other than a brief boo when he stomped Dunne, it was all cheers and YES! and shit for a heel turn and a heel group. Big pops for heel Cole in the ladder match, too. That ain't right. Be better heels? Or do I blame the crowd?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I'm not saying the heat should be the same. I'm just saying other than a brief boo when he stomped Dunne, it was all cheers and YES! and shit for a heel turn and a heel group. Big pops for heel Cole in the ladder match, too. That ain't right. Be better heels? Or do I blame the crowd?
    The NXT drowd are a fickle up and a lot of rhem are self-serving but yes I agree if Cole didn't play singalong with the crowd with his babaaay catchphrase, that would help the turn.

I think this could eventually play out though the more they fuck over Dunne. He couldvbe Austin-like in his revenge as long as they do not have him pander to the crowd because he's getting more over (like Cole does a bit, I'm with you on that).

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall them getting better boos at previous TakeOver events so I'm chalking it up to the smarky Mania crowd. Then again, that same crowd also booed the shit out of Ciampa, so some of the blame probably should go on the guys or the writers or whatever, too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Eh, they're cool NWO-style heels. I'm kind of okay with that oddly.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No doubt. The NXT crowd are a always funny bunch though...."We deserve it!" Owens was the master at putting them doubt,

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, they're cool NWO-style heels. I'm kind of okay with that oddly.
    Maybe add Ciampa to the group. I'm hoping they take over rhe entire roster NWO style, until Dunne, Gargano and maybe Black and some others unite in an unholy alliance to stop them.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Big news from Axxess

Last edited by Ringo; April 8th, 2018 at 1:43 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good call Mike!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordo View Post
    Wonder if Dave will give it five stars.

I don't really care about his ratings but it's fun to see. They had a little botch before the first Gargano escape but they covered it fairly well. The reverse Rana they did to cover wasn't clean but it still looked fairly effective.

I'd give it 5 stars still I think.
    Meltzer: Ladder match the best multi-man ladder match ever, Gargano vs. Ciampa one of the best matches in WWE history.
    Sounds like he will.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ringo = Tom B. Stone and more.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always feel people over rate NXT shows. Seen it branded 10 out of 10 and the best PPV ever. Talk about getting carried away.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best PPV ever no. Best Takeover show ever, a case can be made.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously, fantastic show all around. One of the best in quite a while. I must say that the ladder was my favorite. So much so that it was a bit hard to get into the following matches. The main event was awesome as well, but it took a while to really get going, at least for me. I think I may need to re-watch it, without having 2.5 hours of great action preceding it. It's hard to really keep invested for too long in a row (yikes, how am I supposed to handle Mania...).

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Big news from Axxess

I love it

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Seldon View Post
    Obviously, fantastic show all around. One of the best in quite a while. I must say that the ladder was my favorite. So much so that it was a bit hard to get into the following matches. The main event was awesome as well, but it took a while to really get going, at least for me. I think I may need to re-watch it, without having 2.5 hours of great action preceding it. It's hard to really keep invested for too long in a row (yikes, how am I supposed to handle Mania...).
    Nap until kick off. Nap again if Kid Rock performs (sorry Donald).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good plan. Actually, since I'm in Sweden, the pre-show starts at 11pm (main show at 1am). So my plan of attack is to watch the pre-show live. Then sleep, work, and watch the main show on Monday evening, fast forwarding during any Kid Rock.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I plan on watching Kid Rock in slow mo.

Baw

it

daba

da

bang

a

dang

diggy

diggy

diggy

said

the

boogy

said

up

jump

the

boogy

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will

he

bodyslam

some

Democrats?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THIS version of Ciampa that showed up to wrestle Johnny Gargano tonight is the exact kind of challenger Alester Black needs as the new NXT champion. I wouldn’t have Gargano touch Ciampa or vice-versa until Wrestlemania weekend next year.

Give Black a nice NXT title run. But have Ciampa beat him for it.

Give Adam Cole a good North American Title run and have Gargano beat him for it.

Then 12 months from now, Wrestlemania weekend on NXT we get Thomaso Ciampa/Johnny Gargano - 3 - Title vs. Title.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kid Rock is great. Y'all love a bore fest like ciampa and gargano but hate on bawitdaba makes no sense to me

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "This won't be poltical...."

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm no rip-off , it's all original
    Not too political a little cynical
    About the fakes and squakers that talk a lot of Ku-ca
    I know a lot of chicks that like to call me poppa

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I'm no rip-off , it's all original
    Not too political a little cynical
    About the fakes and squakers that talk a lot of Ku-ca
    I know a lot of chicks that like to call me poppa
    Word to your mama

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Word to your mama
    Word to ya mamma and ya sister bitch
    I play hoes like a muthafuckin football game
    I pull my dick out and he'll say it's good ya'll came

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Word to ya mamma and ya sister bitch
    I play hoes like a muthafuckin football game
    I pull my dick out and he'll say it's good ya'll came
    I can manage your rap career. I ask for no more than 40%

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Unfortunately the fee I give to my.manager would be 41%

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm willing to swing for 42.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we end up seeing a unification match between the UK and North American champion at some point. Maybe we get Strong/O'Reily defending the tag titles while Cole faces Dunn in a unification match at the next takeover. I wonder who challenges Black once Almas uses his rematch. Maybe Sullivan or EC3? Or some type of multi-man match? I feel like a Ricochet vs Dream match would be wild.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    I think we end up seeing a unification match between the UK and North American champion at some point. Maybe we get Strong/O'Reily defending the tag titles while Cole faces Dunn in a unification match at the next takeover. I wonder who challenges Black once Almas uses his rematch. Maybe Sullivan or EC3? Or some type of multi-man match? I feel like a Ricochet vs Dream match would be wild.
    I'd just rather see the six-man match between Undisputed Era and British Strong Style. Dream's been harping on Indie guys taking spots and jabbing at Ricochet, so I wouldn't be shocked to see that play out, which would be fantastic.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I was pretty solid on my opinions on NXT folk before last night. But now I fucking love Velveteen Dream more than before. I fucking love Adam Cole. And Kyle O'Reilly. Shayna Baszler is brilliant. I'm super excited about vengeful Pete Dunne.

How good is wrestling?

- - - Updated - - -

Already?

Man why does everyone have a such a hard-on for unification match fantasy booking.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd post.

I love the attention to detail in the Gargano/Ciampa match. The ref wearing plain black instead of stripes and ignoring rope breaks. And also the match starting after the 2 hour mark (when Takeovers usually end) and the main event, lending even more credibility to the "unsanctioned" stipulation..

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo Fortyone View Post
    3rd post.

I love the attention to detail in the Gargano/Ciampa match. The ref wearing plain black instead of stripes and ignoring rope breaks. And also the match starting after the 2 hour mark (when Takeovers usually end) and the main event, lending even more credibility to the "unsanctioned" stipulation..
    It did go on after two hours didn't it? That's old school booking. They should've turned the lights out.

Or just way down.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I was pretty solid on my opinions on NXT folk before last night. But now I fucking love Velveteen Dream more than before. I fucking love Adam Cole. And Kyle O'Reilly. Shayna Baszler is brilliant. I'm super excited about vengeful Pete Dunne.

How good is wrestling?

- - - Updated - - -

Already?

Man why does everyone have a such a hard-on for unification match fantasy booking.
    Well it seems like the UK title was the secondary title for a couple months on NXT but they added the North American title. I just don't see the point in two secondary titles on the NXT brand.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I'm with you on everyone you mentioned. TUE and Shayna are doing some great work right now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it seems like the UK title was the secondary title for a couple months on NXT but they added the North American title. I just don't see the point in two secondary titles on the NXT brand.
    I'll agree if they continue to shelve the idea of a UK show, but I don't think they're absolutely done with it yet. The fact they're running a UK KOR tourney makes me think they're still interested.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't sure if her at first, but I'm definitely more of a Shayna fan now after Takeover. I hope we see more of Belair too.

Stone Cold Pete Dunne is going to be great as well. Looking forward to Strong/Dunne 2.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just finished watching Shayna and Ember. Wow. Shayna has come a long way since I first saw her. Great match. Shayna is going to be a great addition to the main roster down the road.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The boys in NXT look absolutely jacked. Must be the time off the road.

YOUR NEXT ROH CHAMP... greebull's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    REMINDER that tonight at 8PM ET on WWE NETWORK, we will see 2 matches that were taped before Takeover, in New Orleans. (WrestleMania week ain't over yet!)

ALSO: They will tape 3-4 episodes of NxT TV tonight at Full Sail, starting at about 7PM ET, so I'll be posting spoilers in this thread.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv Morgan posted a pic on Instagram every match of the tapings.

Good few weeks

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mauro is all of us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that, it was awesome. Hilarious and fantastic and the same time.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    So, War Raiders..?

It's ok I guess.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really see why they couldn't keep War Machine unless ROH has the rights, but I didn't think they did that with their stars.

Past their first names, at least they got to keep everything else about their package.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I like War Raiders as a name. Their run in and beat down was good.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only real issue is it doesn't pop and roll off the tongue like War Machine did. In particular, the "WAR MA-CHINE" chant feels so natural. But I think it's a nitpick considering they seem to be every bit theirselves. Loved the segment myself, and I think a Raiders/Machinery feud to kick off their debut run could be sick. Hope they run through every other tag team while TM61 get built up doing the same before having some epic #1 contender match to set up for TUE's downfall.

YOUR NEXT ROH CHAMP... greebull's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPCOMING MATCHES on NxT TV:

April 18:

April 25:

May 2:

May 9:

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't looked past the first two weeks because I don't want to spoil any potential surprises or angles, but:

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I like War Raiders as a name. Their run in and beat down was good.
    I was hoping we'd get at least one AoP/War Machine match before AoP went to the main roster. Could have ended in a double DQ or something, wouldn't matter, just seems like a fun slobber-knocker pairing to me.

Like mentioned earlier somewhere I hope they hook up with Paul Ellering, if he isn't completely done with NXT/WWE.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect the name change may relate to the Marvel Comics character.

I'm also a bit surprised they kept the one guy called Rowe when there's a big bearded fellow named Rowan already.
    Last edited by mth; April 12th, 2018 at 11:24 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Think between the Marvel War Machine and the gutter pos mma War Machine they probably figured in total it just wasn't worth it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Meltzer ratings

North American Championship Ladder match *****
    Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler ***1/4
    AOP vs. vs. Dunne & Strong vs. The Undisputed Era ***1/4
    Aleister Black vs. Andrade Cien Almas ****1/4
    Johnny Gargano vs. Tomasso Ciampa *****

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lars Sullivan has beaten Daniel Bryan to his first 5 star match!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Also, Daniel Bryan's brother-in-law (Cena), father-in-law (John Laurinaitis), NXT rookie (EC3) and a kid from the Tough Enough where he was a judge (Velveteen) all got 5 star matches before him.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Also, Daniel Bryan's brother-in-law (Cena), father-in-law (John Laurinaitis), NXT rookie (EC3) and a kid from the Tough Enough where he was a judge (Velveteen) all got 5 star matches before him.
    Wait, What?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    He was in two tag matches that got ***** in 95 and 96. Both alongside "Dr. Death" Steve Williams.

Or were you unaware he was DB's father in law? Married the Bellas mother.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Oh no, I meant the matches. I always heard he was kinda average.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus christ, five stars for the ladder match? It was great but that's extreme. Also think Gargano/Ciampa was shy of the five stars due to the slooooooow start, but more understandable than the ladder match.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the ladder match had an obvious advantage of being a multi-man match so the pace never really has to drag. While that's the case, it's hard to be innovative or keep it going to where it's not redundant and I think you had key players in that who really took the match up another level. It's easily the best multi-man ladder match I've seen.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Lars Sullivan has beaten Daniel Bryan to his first 5 star match!
    His theme if fucking dope.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that Adam Cole won should prevent that ladder match from being 5 stars.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm assuming WWE changed War Machine's names to War Raiders because of the MMA fighter also nicknamed War Machine, who frequently beats up his pornstar girlfriend.

So yeah, not a big surprise.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll reach everything but the Almas/Black match seemed like the match of the night to me.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ciampa vs Johnny only got five stars. Fuck, Dave is cheap.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What is considered for the rating? Story, action, stand out moments, crowd participation?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    I'll reach everything but the Almas/Black match seemed like the match of the night to me.
    It was my second match of the night behind Gargano/Ciampa, but it was very close. I do think the title match was better rounded from beginning to end.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atty View Post
    Ciampa vs Johnny only got five stars. Fuck, Dave is cheap.
    If that match would've happened in Japan, it would've got 8 stars.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    I'm assuming WWE changed War Machine's names to War Raiders because of the MMA fighter also nicknamed War Machine, who frequently beats up his pornstar girlfriend.

So yeah, not a big surprise.
    No problem with changing the name but War Raiders is the worst name ever. Anyone from the UK will think it sounds like a packet of crisps.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    If that match would've happened in Japan, it would've got 8 stars.
    Needed more Kenny Omega.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Ladder Match was great but not five stars great.

I cannot for the life of me work out how he gave Gargano/Ciampa five stars, neither do I get the seemingly never ending praise the match is getting from most on here. It was over produced, plodding, the selling was poor in places and disappointed.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    The Ladder Match was great but not five stars great.

I cannot for the life of me work out how he gave Gargano/Ciampa five stars, neither do I get the seemingly never ending praise the match is getting from most on here. It was over produced, plodding, the selling was poor in places and disappointed.
    Did you not enjoy the match at all? I agree the first half was plodding and I can see the argument for over-produced, but otherwise I thought it was still a great match. Big spots, high emotion, plenty call-backs to previous matches and history, and had the crowd engaged. I agree it wasn't five stars because some of the things you mentioned automatically kept it from being that high. That's hyperbole. But I believe there was more to enjoy then hate.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Technically, I think the match could have been more well-rounded and slow in parts, but the build, the second half of the match and the emotional investment I think overrided that. There were parts I thought they were going to give it to Ciampa so Johnny could move up to the main roster, but they gave it to the man the people wanted badly to win. I would give it 4 stars at the very least. The knee brace finish too was very clever.
    Last edited by Badger; April 16th, 2018 at 12:36 PM.