User Tag List

Page 215 of 229 FirstFirst ... 205211212213214215216217218219225 ... LastLast
Results 21,401 to 21,500 of 22879

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the first moment I saw him, I thought Andre Chase looked like a nerd so this I think that this weird professor gimmick fits his look perfectly, much as it doesn't really make any sense.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE might already be scrapping Joe Gacy's new gimmick, much to Fox News' disappointment:
    https://www.gerweck.net/2021/09/23/m...lated-content/

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    WWE might already be scrapping Joe Gacy's new gimmick, much to Fox News' disappointment:
    His character reminded me of PC Principal on South Park mixed with Kurt Angle's early character work. Condescending is a good way to put Gacy's gimmick and I think it had potential.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bummer for him. But it didn’t really hook me, it felt like a poor man’s poor man’s Bray Wyatt.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    it wasn't great. As long as they dont cancel pepperoni Tony, im happy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    it wasn't great. As long as they dont cancel pepperoni Tony, im happy.
    He'd be much closer to being canceled if he had that name.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Super Mario Priscuitto

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Super Mario Priscuitto
    Can lead to a crossover opportunity with the Mario movie that apparently is in development.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    His character reminded me of PC Principal on South Park mixed with Kurt Angle's early character work. Condescending is a good way to put Gacy's gimmick and I think it had potential.
    I thought it had potential, as well, with him doing the two-faced thing where he plays the calm peacemaker but he's actually repressing his aggressive derangement. I guess WWE had second thoughts about potential offense being bad for business and scrapped it which I can understand.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Can lead to a crossover opportunity with the Mario movie that apparently is in development.
    I would watch Chris Pratt in NXT.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    fuck yeah, I’m all in for this shit.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Mario movie's cast sounds like shit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jack Black would be better as Wario.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Jack Black would be better as Wario.
    And Danny Devito as Bowser.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    And Danny Devito as Bowser.
    Oooof, yeah that would be dope.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can come one get me a good avatar picture of Tony Paisan please

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can come one get me a good avatar picture of Tony Paisan please

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @mth can you make that my avatar?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mth can you make that my avatar?

gabalagoobala

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh fuck yeah, I feel so Italian now. HOWYOUDOIN

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Mario movie's cast sounds like shit.
    One positive is that it's not live action so how the cast sounds versus how they look=interesting. Trust me, when I saw the cast for Guardians of the Galaxy, I thought it was strange. Bradley Cooper voicing a cyborg raccoon. All I knew about him prior were comedies and Midnight Meat Train.

Now, if we could just use modern technology and chop up some Capt Lou soundbytes from the old show I'd be more interested in that.

I thought it had potential, as well, with him doing the two-faced thing where he plays the calm peacemaker but he's actually repressing his aggressive derangement. I guess WWE had second thoughts about potential offense being bad for business and scrapped it which I can understand.
    I wonder if Fox News reporting on it the way they did had anything to do with it. WWE try to be as neutral as possible when it comes to politics. Vince is for sure pro-America but you don't really get much left v. right going on in their stories. Politics and religion, Bruce Prichard says that's the 2 things they try their best to avoid.

I guess his original gimmick in CZW or whatever was he was the son/nephew of John Wayne Gacy lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Certainly some green moments between Elektra and B-Fab. That said, kudos to them for working with the weapons well and sacrificing their bodies for the match.

They got some buzz with Gacy's character last week and seems like they're going to lean into it for a bit.

Thought the tag team segment was much more productive than the opening segment last week in terms of utilizing guys you were going to have on camera. MSK really fits the look and style of this incarnation of NXT: fresh, dynamic, exciting.

Jobbing the entrance for a champion is shameful. Jobbing IO'S entrance is just sacrilegious. I'm curious to see how Zoey evolves with the new mindset in NXT. She was being pushed pretty aggressively before the transition, so I'll be interested to see how it goes as this title run evolves. Two weeks and something is very clear: despite not really being there for Io's moonsault on the outside, Jacy and Gigi are better workers than talkers. Pretty fun match here.

Becoming more and more difficult not to get behind Breakker. Vignettes are really hard to mess up but it is noteworthy that he came across like a badass with this one. Ciampa's FaceTime response was solid, as well. They're building the actual collision between these two quite well.

The first part of the CW Championship match had me thinking I wasn't that big of a fan of Waller. That quickly changed as he started firing up. His offense is a tad on the fresh side and he moves around very well. However, he bugged the hell out of me a few weeks ago when he was with Maverick, didn't do much with his promo earlier in the show, and his gear needs a touchup. Some tweaks here and there, and I think there's something there with him.

Creative must be excited in some way towards Lash Legend since they gave her a talking segment. She can certainly talk but she must have a ways to go in the ring. With her WNBA history, she's got to be extremely athletic so I'm looking forward to seeing what she can do. Barrett doing the Lashing Out motion was so good, haha.

Sort of interesting to see Holland lose to KOR. I know KOR needed to get his revenge after the beatdown but wasn't fully anticipating coming in the form of a victory. The heat came back around after the match as Dunne and Holland started beating KOR down but Wagner made the save.

Tony D'Angelo debuts next week, @Hero!

Goes without saying that the InDex honeymoon vignettes were hilarious. Lumis is really good at providing humor by using his mannerisms and his eyes. He had a lot of gimmicks as well for the honeymoon lol. Gargano's one-liners were pretty great, as well.

Main event was pretty good. There wasn't a lot of meat on the bone as they stopped and started building this match over recent weeks, but I thought their chemistry together in the ring was pretty good. Franky looks really good to me and there's plenty of upside with her as long as they don't lose direction with her. The finish was pretty sudden but that made in emphatic win for the champ. They teased it earlier but Mandy being the next choice as the challenger doesn't bother me. I'm interested to see how Mandy and Raquel mesh together. I wouldn't be totally surprised either if this results in a new champion.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; September 28th, 2021 at 11:12 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony debuting next week is gonna be so gaba-good.

Ok sorry.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Holy fuckin Stromboli im so excited

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was really pleased with the amount of women's stuff on the show and that it was 'ladies' night' although the way they promoted it (lots of kissy-mouth close-ups rather than clips of them in action) was a bit...ehhh.

Opening match was pretty decent if a little underwhelming. A few good spots but felt like it could have notched up a little more at the end and maybe someone should have gone through the table. Damn, the crowds really want tables.

Ah, so Gacy's "cancelling" last week was a work and the character continues. Good, I think he's got something that could be a heat machine. Promos still need a bit more polish.

Funny how they put over Quinn's win against Lorcan as a huge deal when the match and win already happened last week on 205 Live...but that show doesn't really exist. Pretty good, I quite like Quinn.

Women's tag title match was good. Zoey continues to really impress me. Once again, crowd gets a "this is awesome" chant going for a tag involving Toxic Attraction so they must be doing something right.

As stupid as Andre Chase's college professor gimmick is, I think it's going to work for him. I'm still not overly impressed with Boa, he doesn't have the same kind of presence that Xia did and I just find myself more interested in Mei Ying and hoping she'll wrestle again.

Seems NXT is slowly working on meeting AEW's "shit" quota as I'm pretty sure it was said uncensored at least twice on this show. Have to admit I'm pretty into Breakker facing Ciampa for the belt.

The InDex honeymoon stuff wasn't their best but it was still pretty amusing.

Have not been remotely into Waller yet but have to admit that he did well in the CW match and the crowd was really backing him so it seems like the potential's there. Now let's get Ivy Nile in action, please.

Lash Legend can talk! Man, WWE really love talk shows with this format, seems like they've done about half a dozen of them with different folks (Adam Rose, Street Profits, etc.). She seemed to do it effortlessly and really felt like the real deal as the host. not sure how she is as a in-ring competitor but she's got charisma and speaking skills that's for damn sure.

Skipped KOR/Holland. Just set up a tag match for later. Man, Wagner looks like Great Khali in the face to me. He needs to grow a beard.

At least Hero is hyped for Tony's debut next week.

I thought the main event got pretty good. Didn't click into that higher PPV-level gear but I was quite into it and hope to see Franky get more opportunities at this level. Rose & Co. are really becoming a focus on the show and that's fine with me, what they're doing seems to be working pretty well. I think we might see a transition soon with Breakker and Rose as champs.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seems NXT is slowly working on meeting AEW's "shit" quota as I'm pretty sure it was said uncensored at least twice on this show. Have to admit I'm pretty into Breakker facing Ciampa for the belt.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he made the same Tweet back when Shayna said it on RAW in the build up to her match with Becky at Mania last year. Lashley's said it a couple times (at ER and on RAW) so go ahead and give it a try, Seth...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mandy as champ would get those ratings up.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It just needs to be rawer, edgier, and not over-produced for ratings to go up.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I enjoyed Mei Ying and her unstoppable lady from The Ring character. All good things must come to an end, I guess.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Hero! didn't even watch his pal Tony Soprano on nxt 2.0. What a gabaghoul.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barrett with that condom comment legit blue screened me.

Joe Gacy reminds me of CJ Parker. Dude's boring as frick. Crowd doesn't seem to care either.

Ikeman Jiro has the best theme in WWE right now.

How does Robert Stone get to just make a match like that? That's some main roster stuff.
    Why is Cora friends with Baxter? Who is Baxter? Who is Cora? Why are we supposed to care?

D'angelo seems ok. Needs work, but eh what you gonna do eh?
    Last edited by VHS; October 5th, 2021 at 11:53 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not really sure I see the value in Knight still being in NXT. I thought Knight would get called up and be chum for Jones on the way out but I guess Knight was just a pawn in the story they actually want to tell: Chase and Jones.

Happy to see that despite the change, 2.0 will have stuff like Halloween Havoc in the mix. How quick are they going to pull the trigger on Breakker? I wouldn't be surprised if they do it at Halloween Havoc. They have ideas, clearly, but I', not sure what the counter punch or second move is so that certainly raises concerns with him no matter what decision they go with for the match with Ciampa.

Gacy is definitely a strong character worker and fine enough in the ring. I'm interested to see more, and I was waiting for when Parker Boudreaux would get thrown into the fray in 2.0. Using a new character to bring another new (greener) character will be a unique challenge.

A few weeks in and it seems like Grimes very well could get lost in this shuffle.

Haha, the crowd was totally behind D'Angelo. The gimmick is silly as can be (like trying to bribe the ref before the match), but he is selling it and that goes a long way to potential success.

Extremely solid vignette for Diamond Mine. Really took the time to flesh out the characters, and Bivens is the perfect guy the speak for them.

Thought the match between Mandy and Ember was good enough. Still need to see more of Toxic Attraction when it comes to their collective work on the mic. They just come off way too stiff or forced. I was a little disappointed in her promo for her level of experience, and Gigi/Jacy need some more work in that department. Hopefully the additional time helps them get comfortable.

Took a long way to get there but we are a week away from Escobar finally leveling up.

Main event was good for what it was. 1.0, 2.0 doesn't matter, that crowd just isn't totally in on MSK lol. Looking forward to Imperium and MSK.

They're really hitting you hard and heavy with a lot of new acts. That does make it kind of hard to figure out who is actually going to stick, but I appreciate the fact they're trying.

Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Why is Cora friends with Baxter? Who is Baxter? Who is Cora? Why are we supposed to care?
    They're dating in kayfabe. They're both new.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mei Ying jobbing already is pretty hilarious too.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They're dating in kayfabe. They're both new.
    They're dating in real life.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're dating in real life.
    That too lol

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I fundamentally disagree with several people on a personal level but fuck me VHS no one pisses on my chips more than you.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    eyyyyy spaghetti gabagul pastrami

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fugetaboutit

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    bribing the ref? best worker in da biz

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to say that Ember's "something needs to change" a few weeks ago seemingly went nowhere as she remains the same but apparently she flipped out after the loss in a .com exclusive so maybe the change is still coming. Heel turn? Match was good, though. Toxic Attraction is still a work in progress but it's coming together and overall seems to be working well and it's cool to have a female group getting so much spotlight.

Knight vs. Jones was good for what it was. Knight's got everything so it's a little frustrating to see him kind of fiddling about since the Grimes feud ended. Hopefully he gets some direction soon, he's main event material.

I'm all in on Ciampa vs. Breakker.

Gacy's gimmick is working for me and I think one of the better new characters 'cuz it actually has some depth/layers you can work with. He's still not 100% sunk into it yet, it still feels a bit performative (part of the problem being a lot of these guys already debuted sans these characters and then suddenly put them on with the rebranding, so they don't feel organic) and not genuine and the promos still need to feel a bit less stilted, but it's still fresh and if/when it clicks, I think it'll be good. Jiro got to look good in the match, too, and I hope they don't just make him a jobber where he only wins on 205 as the crowd digs the guy and he's unique, charismatic, and good in the ring. Also, didn't recognize Parker until I read a review but cool to see him appear.

The switch-up to Jade's match was a nice surprise but damn, Franky's eating a few too many losses. Nice for Cora to get a big win but is it really a big win if Franky hasn't really been established as someone worth beating?

Grimes looking for a lady should be fun. Match with Dunne was fine. Always funny when a commentator is like "WOW, I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT MOVE BEFORE!" when it's a move the guy's done several times in the past (Grimes' backflip into a German suplex). At least they put the least interesting new guy in Wagner with the least interesting established guy in KOR. I really hope this leads to Wagner turning on him 'cuz everyone turning on Kyle and beating him up pleases me. Also, holy shit did Wagner sound hella Canadian tonight.

Was the crowd full of Hero!s for Tony or what? Did not expect that. I liked his finisher. His gimmick is shit but I'm trying to enjoy it ironically and maybe that's what everyone is doing? EY MA THIS PASTA PRIMAVERA IS AMAZIN and what not.

Welp, they've successfully killed Tian Sha. Boa never felt on the same level as Xia and now Mei Ying, who used to have a hell of a presence about her, lost her second match like a goob. I'm all for Indi getting a big win and the power and love and the other half of what was going on here but it was at the expense of the wrong opponent.

I suspect we're getting a six-woman all on the line match at Halloween Havoc where Toxic Attraction take all the gold and I am ok with that.

Main event tag match was very good. I was rooting for TrickMelo as I'm really getting into them so I was real bummed when they were the first ones out. I thought maybe Briggs/Jensen were gonna get it done 'cuz new era and all after that but MSK retaining is fine. Can't say as I'm excited about Imperium showing up as I find them super boring.
    Last edited by mth; October 6th, 2021 at 11:29 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tony Spiccoli is so over, he’s the man. I’d say you do the titles like this in nxt:

champion: Steiner
    north American Champion: Tony Linguini
    cruiserweight champion: Tony Salami
    Tag champs: Gabagool Gremlins (Tony Manicotti & Steiner)
    women’s titles: all go to vague Cousins of Tony’s and they’re called dames or something

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mandy Rose is Italian, right? Or they could bring Carmella back to NXT.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Liv Morgan is super Italian, look up her shoot name. She’d be awesome with Tony

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandy Rose is Italian, right? Or they could bring Carmella back to NXT.
    She is, and so is her man (if they are dating).

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I forgot that her real name is Amanda Saccamoto. Good Italian girl

Tony D’Angelo’s shoot name is JOEY ARIOLA which sounds more like a gimmick than his gimmicked name

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Tony D’Angelo’s shoot name is JOEY ARIOLA which sounds more like a gimmick than his gimmicked name
    I can't resist a chance to post this song.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The internet seems to confirm what I mentioned in regards to who she is dating. She's apparently dating Sabatino Piscitelli, better known by the ring name Tino Sabbatelli.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tino Connolitelli

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    632,000, down from 655,000.

Give Steiner and Mandy the titles and then make them a couple.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    I fundamentally disagree with several people on a personal level but fuck me VHS no one pisses on my chips more than you.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously though, I'm more intrigued to see D'Angelo's progress in the next year. If they go pedal to the metal Italian, he could be a keeper.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll never be anywhere close to the best Italian 'rassler, probably the best wrestler ever. Bruno

Hopefully he can become this generation's Little Guido/Nunzio.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    According to Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics, the median age of NXT viewers is 62 years old.

That means that the average NXT viewer was a teenager when Bruno Sammartino was champion.

These people now see the next generation of great wrestling paisans (Tony) and they can’t tear their eyeballs from the screen

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The show certainly doesn't seem to be making headway with capturing a younger audience lol.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Parker Bordeaux looks more like Lars Sullivan than Brock Lesnar now.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Wow, is anyone watching NXT anymore? How is '2.0' going then?

The last week I watched I think was 2 weeks before the relaunch.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just pull up the clips of Tony D’Angelo because he’s the man

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

I'll watch it tonight. Had more tornadoes in the area so had to be weather alert.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I watched but then we often watch other stuff after and it gets late and I go to bed. But now I am up and breaktfast'd so I can indulge you with my bullshit you probably don't read...

As mentioned previously, I'm digging Gacy character and think there's a lot of potential there as long as he keeps improving and polishing his mic/character work. Dude can go in the ring pretty well, it seems, and the match with Ciampa was really good. I was sure Gacy was going to pull off the win thanks to Harland so it was a nice surprise he didn't and Harland's post-match stuff was not what I expected and added some more intrigue to what his deal is and how he relates to Gacy. Dude certainly looks hella creepy.

Toxic Attraction feel like they've been cutting the same promo for about a month and just spinning their wheels until they win the belts. Kind of dumb that Gigi/Jaycee are getting another unearned title shot when they already faced and lost to the champs and have done nothing to bounce back other than attack the champs.

Interesting having a lot of people's entrances overlap previous people's exits. I like Quinn a lot so hopefully he gets an angle going soon so there's a reason to care more about him.

I've been eagerly awaiting Ivy's in-ring debut and she did not disappoint. What a beast. Thrilled to see my beautiful boy Jiro show up with his eyes on the CW Title. Hopefully this isn't a one-off situation and he keeps gunning for it, pushing him as a guy that just won't stay down with Diamond Mine roughing him up every week but he keeps coming back seems like it could really work. Fun little match with Creed and happy to see him seeming to align with Kushida. Seems like things might be turning around for Jiro and he might become more than just a jobber to the stars.

Lash Legend rules. The talk show is a little corny but she kills it. Interesting there's some kind of angle brewing with D'Angelo, not sure how this might play out since obviously she's not going to have a match with him.

Tag match was fine but hard to get into since I give no damns about the face team. I'd probably like Wagner about twice as much if he'd grow a beard, though.

Chase U is hilarious. It's such a stupid gimmick and then he's just flipping out and cursing and I've gotta laugh. Definitely so bad it's good.

I want to like Waller but I think he's gottta lean a little harder into just being a goof. I can't tell if I'm supposed to be taking him seriously or thinking he's a dork. Match was fine but nothing special. Waller teaming with Grimes to try to get him chicks could be funny stuff.

Poor Sarray. Came in with fanfare and seemed on a good run and now she was a stepping stone for Toxic Attraction and barely gets into action in a losing effort tag match. I was expecting Indi beating Mai Ying to lead to Tian Sha wanting revenge and then maybe InDex versus Boa/Ying at HH but nope. So twice now Indi gets a nice win at the expense of someone I thought had good momentum going. And HH seems like a show where Dexter should be in a spotlight match but I guess he'll just be backstage for Indi to kiss before the tag title match.

Main event was super good. I think both guys are easily main event material all around and could be in the NXT title picture. Was certain Scott was losing here so the finish was a nice, wait for it...swerve. Melo cashing in for the big win was perfectly executed complete with false finish and boom, hot new guy's immediately on the map with the belt. Loved it.

Overall, i think this was the best episode of NXT 2.0 so far and i think things are beginning to click into place with the rebrand.

Oh yeah, and the mystery grace digger person sounded like a woman with an accent to me but maybe that was just the vocal distortion effect. Maybe it was Elias, @Bert? And a nice hype video for the Usos' brother, hopefulyl he's as talented as they are.
    Last edited by mth; October 13th, 2021 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh yeah, and the mystery grace digger person sounded like a woman with an accent to me but maybe that was just the vocal distortion effect. Maybe it was Elias, @Bert? And a nice hype video for the Usos' brother, hopefulyl he's as talented as they are.
    Don't tease me. From the video I thought it seemed like a woman though.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dakota Kai gonna go full-on goth...? Nox is already Lady Kane, might as well have Lady Taker...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dakota Kai gonna go full-on goth...? Nox is already Lady Kane, might as well have Lady Taker...
    That's who I think it is. Feels like a give away just the way she says "again."

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid show last night. Was wondering how they would handle the NA title storyline with Hit Row on Smackdown.

I want to know more about some of the characters beyond new faces matching up with other new faces, or the new ones aligned with the show regulars. (Wagner/O'Reilly & Ciampa/Breakker)

Feels like Malik Blade might become the new Leon Ruff. Undersized, might get a small push somewhere to show more, maybe not. Intrigued by Gacy's character development. Have to let things play out instead of pouncing on an idea being questionable in its first week. I'm guilty of judging things from the first appearance.

One vet I thought would be gone after the draft was Grimes. I think he's maxed out what he can be on NXT and the next step is probably being released.
    Don't know why they killed off any momentum Tian Sha had left, but I guess Diamond Mine needed more screen time than the heel trio. I like character developments, so Chase and D'Angelo being slowly fed to us. Overall, good stuff going on but I think a little too heavy on the new faces. Good presentation for the most part.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like commentary is trying to 2.0 their attire and look more hip and chic.

Good opener. I like Gacy's character but it actually creates some unwanted dissonance when he actually wrestles based on his promos in contrast to how he works. He's good in the ring and essentially a Kevin Owens starter kit with his look and ability in the ring, but I'm more interested in him as a talker than worker. The pairing with Harland would theoretically work where Harland does most of the heavy lifting and Gacy talks. Problem is, Harland is nowhere near ready to be getting in there and tussling on the reg, but that might not matter.

Quinn seems fine but I'm going to need to see more foundation of a character before I'm that interested in him.

Another week, another solid step in the right direction for Diamond Mine. Ivy didn't set the world on fire in the ring but she was pretty competent and her style fit the aesthetic of the group. Like the Creed Brothers in a tag setting but Julius was fine on his own.

Lash is totally fine in her role here. I am curious if they plan to extrapolate it in to actually working. It's clearly a transition for her going from the WNBA into being a wrestler. She seems ready-made as a talker so I hope there's actual development being done in regards to the other facet if they're going to utilize her in that way.

The match between Hudson and Waller seemed to be the intersection of stabs in the dark that really aren't clicking. A poker player gimmick seems really weird and Waller doesn't make sense as a hybrid boxer playboy...who loses. They're just weird characters that need to be tweaked.

Sad to see Sarray come in with some serious fanfare and get left in the dust now. The roster clog that the main roster faced over the last couple of years is now very prevalent in NXT. Grimes, Knight, KOR, Dunne, Escobar, Sarray, Franky, Ember, Raquel (when she loses the gold), Io (when they lose the tag gold), and Mandy (when she eventually loses steam) are all pieces that can't be just there to help elevate others, so they're really going to get lost in the shuffle. Where most of these acts are in 6-12 months will be something.

The apple doesn't fall very from the tree, and the Younger Uce can work a similar style to his older brothers. Seems like Sikoa has a good chance to bubbling up in NXT as long as they don't botch his character. The teaser vignette for Halloween Havoc certainly gave off a vibe of a 2.0 Dakota Kai. Thing is, what's the point if it is her? If Dakota didn’t get the gold during the black and gold era, it’s hard to see her winning in this era. She's already been in the business of making other women look good, so this is a wait and see thing.

Tired: Ember
    Wired: Dakota
    Inspired...Scarlett

Really good main event and a nice way to create their own MITB moment with Hayes deciding to invoke his Breakout Contract as a moment. Good setup at the start of the show with LDF doing their kidnapping bit to put Scott on edge. That was definitely a zag with the natural inclination being that Escobar would win the championship. Wonder where he goes from here. This setup also allowed to get the gold off Scott (after finally get a defense lol) but protecting him on the way out. As for Hayes, he's certainly very good in the ring and the pairing with Williams spices his character up. If Bron Breakker is getting fast tracked, Hayes is on his own fast track as well. Based on what we've seen from him, he's worthy of the attention.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 14th, 2021 at 12:34 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the draft hadn't already happened, i would think Legado to the main roster would be a good move. Just seems like things never click into that top tier for them. i was sure there'd be a time where Wilde/Mendoza were tag champs while Escobar had a singles title but it never seems to all come together for them with being fully on top of the brand, hence why I'd say maybe they're better off moving on. But my next thought would be for Escobar to do the same thing as when he got out of the CW Title scene and that's move up to the next belt, the NXT Title. If Breakker beats Ciampa, he'll need a good first feud and Escobar backed by Legado would be good. Although, it'd probably just mean another feud where Legado comes up short...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the draft hadn't already happened, i would think Legado to the main roster would be a good move. Just seems like things never click into that top tier for them. i was sure there'd be a time where Wilde/Mendoza were tag champs while Escobar had a singles title but it never seems to all come together for them with being fully on top of the brand, hence why I'd say maybe they're better off moving on. But my next thought would be for Escobar to do the same thing as when he got out of the CW Title scene and that's move up to the next belt, the NXT Title. If Breakker beats Ciampa, he'll need a good first feud and Escobar backed by Legado would be good. Although, it'd probably just mean another feud where Legado comes up short...
    My easy suggestion would be to say screw the draft and use the kidnappings this week be a means where LDF just gets called up to Smackdown and continues to haunt Hit Row. That’ll never happen but that’s the easy answer for everyone, and makes a distinct suggestion that 2.0 is worth a watch, as long as commentary suggests that it should be by explaining the backstory between the two factions.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I'll watch it tonight. Had more tornadoes in the area so had to be weather alert.
    Ah, gotcha. Hope all is good.

I watched but then we often watch other stuff after and it gets late and I go to bed. But now I am up and breaktfast'd so I can indulge you with my bullshit you probably don't read...

As mentioned previously, I'm digging Gacy character and think there's a lot of potential there as long as he keeps improving and polishing his mic/character work. Dude can go in the ring pretty well, it seems, and the match with Ciampa was really good. I was sure Gacy was going to pull off the win thanks to Harland so it was a nice surprise he didn't and Harland's post-match stuff was not what I expected and added some more intrigue to what his deal is and how he relates to Gacy. Dude certainly looks hella creepy.

Toxic Attraction feel like they've been cutting the same promo for about a month and just spinning their wheels until they win the belts. Kind of dumb that Gigi/Jaycee are getting another unearned title shot when they already faced and lost to the champs and have done nothing to bounce back other than attack the champs.

Interesting having a lot of people's entrances overlap previous people's exits. I like Quinn a lot so hopefully he gets an angle going soon so there's a reason to care more about him.

I've been eagerly awaiting Ivy's in-ring debut and she did not disappoint. What a beast. Thrilled to see my beautiful boy Jiro show up with his eyes on the CW Title. Hopefully this isn't a one-off situation and he keeps gunning for it, pushing him as a guy that just won't stay down with Diamond Mine roughing him up every week but he keeps coming back seems like it could really work. Fun little match with Creed and happy to see him seeming to align with Kushida. Seems like things might be turning around for Jiro and he might become more than just a jobber to the stars.

Lash Legend rules. The talk show is a little corny but she kills it. Interesting there's some kind of angle brewing with D'Angelo, not sure how this might play out since obviously she's not going to have a match with him.

Tag match was fine but hard to get into since I give no damns about the face team. I'd probably like Wagner about twice as much if he'd grow a beard, though.

Chase U is hilarious. It's such a stupid gimmick and then he's just flipping out and cursing and I've gotta laugh. Definitely so bad it's good.

I want to like Waller but I think he's gottta lean a little harder into just being a goof. I can't tell if I'm supposed to be taking him seriously or thinking he's a dork. Match was fine but nothing special. Waller teaming with Grimes to try to get him chicks could be funny stuff.

Poor Sarray. Came in with fanfare and seemed on a good run and now she was a stepping stone for Toxic Attraction and barely gets into action in a losing effort tag match. I was expecting Indi beating Mai Ying to lead to Tian Sha wanting revenge and then maybe InDex versus Boa/Ying at HH but nope. So twice now Indi gets a nice win at the expense of someone I thought had good momentum going. And HH seems like a show where Dexter should be in a spotlight match but I guess he'll just be backstage for Indi to kiss before the tag title match.

Main event was super good. I think both guys are easily main event material all around and could be in the NXT title picture. Was certain Scott was losing here so the finish was a nice, wait for it...swerve. Melo cashing in for the big win was perfectly executed complete with false finish and boom, hot new guy's immediately on the map with the belt. Loved it.

Overall, i think this was the best episode of NXT 2.0 so far and i think things are beginning to click into place with the rebrand.

Ok, well I have a free night coming up, Saturday, with not a lot on, so may watch it this week. Sounds at least like it'll be a bit of fun. I recognise almost none of the names mentioned and that can only be a good thing as the main reason I stopped watching was that it was a little stale. Well, that and thinking the whole thing is pointless when the NXT to main roster success rate is so poor, but that's another conversation for another day.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Ok, well I have a free night coming up, Saturday, with not a lot on, so may watch it this week. Sounds at least like it'll be a bit of fun. I recognise almost none of the names mentioned and that can only be a good thing as the main reason I stopped watching was that it was a little stale. Well, that and thinking the whole thing is pointless when the NXT to main roster success rate is so poor, but that's another conversation for another day.
    Dynamite is on Saturday just in case you forgot. Although I guess it's way into the morning your time anyway?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. Much less intense as opposed to Sunday, but both nights were okay.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Dynamite is on Saturday just in case you forgot. Although I guess it's way into the morning your time anyway?
    Aye, 1am start. I'll have Rampage from Friday too though, so we'll see. Nobody needs to spend the entire night watching wrestling. Especially when there's snooker on!

Thanks. Much less intense as opposed to Sunday, but both nights were okay.
    Glad to hear it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In an ideal world, the people being called up have now been viewed by the higher-ups that are involved in NXT now (Vince and Bruce). If that's the case, then the transition should theoretically be smoother.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The call-up thing's never affected my enjoyment of NXT itself. Sure, it makes me mostly hope that folks stay put but it's not like it's always in the back of my mind making me enjoy the NXT product any less. It's still its own show that can be enjoyed for what it is. Like, the mix tapes can still slap before they get signed to a major label. And to be honest, people get released as much, if not more, than people get called up. After big names like Wyatt and Strowman, I'm honestly more worried about that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The call-up thing's never affected my enjoyment of NXT itself. Sure, it makes me mostly hope that folks stay put but it's not like it's always in the back of my mind making me enjoy the NXT product any less. It's still its own show that can be enjoyed for what it is. Like, the mix tapes can still slap before they get signed to a major label. And to be honest, people get released as much, if not more, than people get called up. After big names like Wyatt and Strowman, I'm honestly more worried about that.
    I love that comparison.

I will say this....I think people put too much stock in what is accomplished in NXT. It's not that it doesn't matter, but you can't try look at say Keith Lee v. Adam Cole for the NXT championship and pretend it's on the same level as Roman Reigns v. Brock Lesnar for the Universal championship.

Trust me if there was a Network back in the day OVW would've been on it. We would've been like holy shit what are they doing to Leviathan?? He went from OVW champion to a deacon for a lower card tag guy. We would've wondered why they made Nick Dinsmore into Eugene. They probably would've done things a little differently with that level of exposure.

I'm with you @mth. When I watch NXT I'm watching the show in the moment. Yes, there are times where I play fantasy booker of the future, I do hope they change Braun Breakker's name if he gets called up lol. There are more times where I go "Raw is going to suck if this guy is on it" Usually Adam Cole. Funny thing is, I would've probably turned into a mark for the guy if they changed him up a little lol.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kinda hoped they would've done one thing different. While I like having someone step up (Breakker) chasing the champ, I would have liked to see more new guy vs. old guy which could've led into their own Survivor Series-style Takeover match somewhere.

As it is we have some new guys paired up with old ones, maybe they do more in the coming weeks to build on that as the future overtaking the present and them grouped together to feel like they have to defend their position on the roster.

I see some of Wade Barrett in Duke Hudson. His build, mannerisms, his punchable face and think he's going to be a good one at least for NXT. The gimmick seems kinda lame but I need to see it play out. Like Grimes at first, I wasn't sold on it but he made it work.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    I kinda hoped they would've done one thing different. While I like having someone step up (Breakker) chasing the champ, I would have liked to see more new guy vs. old guy which could've led into their own Survivor Series-style Takeover match somewhere.

As it is we have some new guys paired up with old ones, maybe they do more in the coming weeks to build on that as the future overtaking the present and them grouped together to feel like they have to defend their position on the roster.

I see some of Wade Barrett in Duke Hudson. His build, mannerisms, his punchable face and think he's going to be a good one at least for NXT. The gimmick seems kinda lame but I need to see it play out. Like Grimes at first, I wasn't sold on it but he made it work.
    I fucking hated Cameron Grimes almost as much as I hate Adam Cole but he actually won me over a little with the whole LA Knight/Million $ Man stuff.

You know who I'm really loving is Toxic Attraction. They have that whole Jawbreaker thing going on.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they would just call it NXT again. Calling it NXT 2.0 is dumb.

Duke is an absolute gem, trust me. While I'm still kinda ehh about his character right now, I'm still happy he's finally able to show what he can do out there. He has main event written all over him, and I don't put that stamp on many folks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Calling it NXT 2.0 after the first week has been overkill.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy that since WWE apparently didn't want Bron's last name to be just Breaker.

So they made it Breakker

Just so we didn't worry that he was trying to literally break Bron.

Its the little things.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see Gargano back, and a quick tussle with Hayes is a good way to help further establish the new NA Champ as a factor going forward. It was obvious The Way as we knew it is clearly no more but there's certainly some steam in Papa John as a face. We know he can be the purest of babyfaces but a comical face who can go in the ring would be another good wrinkle to his character.

The student section for Chase was a nice touch, but I'm not that interested in him.

The Creed Brothers vs. Imperium was a match I never thought about but was instantly intrigued to see it when they announced it earlier in the day. The match was a good test for the Creed Brothers and I thought they meshed somewhat well with Imperium, even with the clash of styles and the heels vs. heels dynamic. Imperium is class as a tag team but I don't know if they have a ton of value for upward mobility for them as a group here. In addition to that, no idea how WALTER fits, though he was mentioned during the match. Continuity was established with Jiro and KUSHIDA distracting the Creed Brothers, allowing Imperium to get the win. Of course, MSK came in and got booed for jumping Imperium haha. Ivy couldn't keep the stone face when Bivens voiced his displeasure in a way that only he can.

KOR and Wagner's country bromance was awkward.

Much like the tag match before it, Cade and Elektra had a weird roll-up finish where it appeared the one being pinned barely kicked out in time but the three-count was made.

Jacy took a hard fall on that dive to the outside. Sasha, Brie, and Carmella have had nasty falls like that but somehow came out okay on the other side but Jacy wasn't as lucky. Good on medical to take her out of the mix. Hopefully she's okay. Could be crazy to see Mandy pull Adam Cole-like double duty at Halloween Havoc but she may have to if Jacy isn't alright. Persia looked pretty decent in there.

Ru Feng looked like a hybrid of Priest and Nakamura. D'Angelo wasn't as impressive in the ring the second time around but that might not really matter haha.

Escobar channeling his inner KOR by playing air guitar to Briggs & Jensen's theme was everything.

Really good video package for Mandy and Raquel's championship match next week. Not Prime Target good but good, nonetheless.

Beyond tired of the 'can they coexist' storyline WWE opts to run with. It's just been overload on that as of late. The match was fine but those undertones were just overdone here. Breakker still looks good but it's an incredibly small sample we're working with here. They're clearly behind him but it'd be awfully fast to go all the way with the championship right now.

Halloween Havoc (hosted by LA Knight, with "special guest" Chucky)
    Solo Sikoa debuts
    A Mysterious Person (re)debuts
    Carmelo Hayes & Trick Williams visit the Dexter Lumis Open (Haunted) House

MSK (c) vs. Imperium: Spin The Wheel, Make The Deal Match for the NXT Tag Team Championships
    Io Shirai & Zoey Stark (c) vs. Indi Hartwell & Persia Pirotta vs. Toxic Attraction: NXT Women's Tag Team Championship Scareway to Hell Ladder Match
    Raquel González (c) vs. Mandy Rose: Spin The Wheel, Make The Deal Match for the NXT Women's Championship
    Tommaso Ciampa (c) vs. Bron Breakker: NXT Championship Match
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 19th, 2021 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuckin Tony deangelo fuggedabouttit

i hope for Halloween he’s dressed as the gabba ghoul

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Elektra Lopez needs to learn how to do a power slam, I had no idea she was that green.

And that KOR/Wagner stuff. What the hell was that junk?

Jacy Jayne nearly killed herself with that dive. That was cringe.

D'angelo did a nuggy tho. I popped.
    Last edited by VHS; October 20th, 2021 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great opening. Melo and Trick are money and I've quickly fallen hard for them. Happy to see Johnny show up and even happier to see Dexter show up. Looks like the makings of a good tag match and I'm here for it.

Chase vs. Jones let me down. The whole thing was nothing which is a shame as I like Jones and have been very much enjoying Chase's new gimmick.

You got good stuff in-ring with Creeds Bros. vs. Imperium but it was hard to care as it was heel vs. heel with nothing on the line. Popped for Jiro and Kushida's appearance. MSK got some real heat with their appearance with pretty loud "you suck" chants. Man, I still don't know what those poor boys did. Backstage bit with Kushida/Jiro was good except why the hell was it in the bathroom when Kushida was trying to take a whizz?!

KOR/Wagner should just kiss already.

Cade's thing seems to be upset wins which is ok, I suppose. Happy to see Legado getting so much screen time this week. They can take over the whole show for all I care.

Shame the triple threat had to become a one-on-one after Jacy's scary fall. Hope she's not rocked too bad and can make Havoc.

Is everyone just enjoying D'Angelo ironically? Or is he good enough that it's becoming legit? He's definitely got something. Disappointed there was nothing from Lash regarding her producer's abduction.

While I'm glad Brooks & Jenson have more character than their first appearance as a team, I'm not getting any more into them. Nice win for the Legado boys.

Odd they censored "shit" from Raquel when they said it two or three times in a past episode. The hype for the match is pretty good.

Main event was fine. Breakker always looks impressive in the ring and seems like a complete package. Still not sold on the singlet, to be honest (AND YES I GET WHY HE WEARS IT). Standard fair for the coexisting opponents tag match.

Pretty hyped for next week. Eager to see Solo's debut. I'm pretty damn sure the gravedigger is Dakota so curious to see if that's correct and what the new deal is for her. Happy as hell Dexter has something and expecting some fun stuff from another haunted house, Trick and Melo are excellent choices for getting spooked. Don't really care about the men's tag match so hopefully it gets a fun stip. Women's tag has me hyped, I'm a big ladder match boy. Women's title should be good and NXT title should also be good. Pretty sure we'll see both titles change hands for the new era.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mth, if someone wears what their family wore, there can be no questioning it.

I don't care of they're not actually acknowledging it or not. Its just the law of fandom.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don’t get it what’s ironic about Tony D’Angelo?

You got a problem, eh??

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention that I'm glad LA Knight is hosting. I was sure Waller was going to win but Knight's really been fumbling around since the feud with Grimes so happy to see him back on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    mth, if someone wears what their family wore, there can be no questioning it.

I don't care of they're not actually acknowledging it or not. Its just the law of fandom.
    Did they ever acknowledge he's Rick's kid on air? I know they said Jenson was a second gen wrestler without naming his pops but it seems like they've just been dancing around Breakker's stuff with references and nods but I don't remember if they ever outright said he was even second gen...?

I don’t get it what’s ironic about Tony D’Angelo?

You got a problem, eh??
    I'm starting to think nothing's ironic so fuhgeddeboudit.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention that I'm glad LA Knight is hosting. I was sure Waller was going to win but Knight's really been fumbling around since the feud with Grimes so happy to see him back on track.

Did they ever acknowledge he's Rick's kid on air? I know they said Jenson was a second gen wrestler without naming his pops but it seems like they've just been dancing around Breakker's stuff with references and nods but I don't remember if they ever outright said he was even second gen...?

I'm starting to think nothing's ironic so fuhgeddeboudit.
    I still need to watch last week, but I'm not remembering it ever being acknowledged. More little winks than anything.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They haven't, which makes it all the more puzzling.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other thing I was noticing was how deep the men's tag team scene could be, lots of dudes are pairing up right now:
    Gargano & Lumis
    Kushida & Jiro
    Hayes & Williams
    KOR & Wagner
    Creed Bros.
    MSK
    Imperium
    GYV
    Briggs & Jenson
    Gacy & Harland
    Grimes & Waller (? seemed like a potential alliance last week)
    If Thatcher comes back he can realign with Ciampa

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hop on the Rajah discord if you'd like to chat in real time!
    https://discord.gg/dAYFPr8V

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wow so every title that was on the line has changed tonight? Pretty crazy.

I might start watching NXT for Toxic Attraction holding all of the gold though.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to see that Jacy was good to go after the scary fall last week. She took a beating after being slammed onto the prone ladder and then taking a moonsault from Io. That was one of the many bumps in the ladder match that looked pretty damn brutal. The most brutal ladder bump of the night was clearly the one near the end where Io was pushed off the ladder to the outside on another ladder. The fall was so slow and she just rotated as she landed. Such a nasty looking fall. Not a surprise to see Toxic Attraction take the gold. Hopefully Zoey and Io end up alright after the bumps they took.

Gacy's got a nice uranage.

Bivens calling Jones out for the obvious in terms of weight was hilarious because Bivens has a way with words. That said, it was impressive that Strong still stood up to the request for the match. Jones sold that knee from Strong for the finish incredibly well. The match was fairly filler but it made efforts to help everyone who was involved in the match.

The crowd was thirsty for a table but they ultimately got into the match and they seemed split between the Raquel and Mandy. Seemed like Raquel was screwed the moment the Street Fight stipulation was announced. It was going to be the rest of Toxic Attraction eventually coming out (thought Barrett had a good cover for them not just instantly coming out by saying they were recovering from their match), or the return of Dakota. Seems like they gave it a try with seeing if Dakota was going to stick with the decision makers on the main roster and she didn't, so they opted to bring her back. At least there's continuity because she lost to Raquel before she left so she's back for revenge. Time to see how far Toxic Attraction can go. Mandy gets gold for the first time in her career.

Hayes and Williams going after the NA Championship at Lumis' Open (Haunted) House was cheesy but entertaining.

Sikoa looks just like his brothers so this could be awkward in its own way, like they refuse to acknowledge the lineage between Breakker and his father.

Aichner had a great moment, showing off his strength as he was doing some leg work by carrying both members of MSK. There was a lot going on, with the lumberjacks (Jiro and KUSHIDA mocking The Creed Brothers) and then a non-2.0 NXT match suddenly busting out. Imperium just rode through the chaos and outlasted the champs. The crowd thing for MSK has picked up more steam over the last week. Coincidentally, it seemed like they didn't get booed as much over the course of the match. Go figure. Of course, MSK doesn't get booed (as much) and they lose, haha.

Glad they had Chucky in Breakker's locker room earlier in the evening. Then you have Chucky referencing Breakker growing up as a lil' pup during the pre-match video package. Good to harken back to the last time Chucky was featured in wrestling. "I hope being a loser doesn't run in the family." Sheesh, Chucky hahaha. Donning Kratos gear was a good look for Ciampa, adding to the big-match feel. Commentary tried to cover for it admirably but that was a weird botch with Breakker just slipping off the middle rope as he was going for the bulldog. Ciampa went old school by taking the mat off on the outside and delivering a blow. It took that and two Fairytale Endings to put Breakker down. Outside of the botch, Breakker did pretty well. The guy is athletic and he seems to work somewhat like Cena. Not a bad blueprint to work off of as you develop. Kind of relieved they didn't hammer it all the home by doing the change tonight. Breakker's getting his feet wet, so hopefully they keep grooming him nicely. Will be interesting to see where Ciampa goes from here.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chucky's hosting was pretty effectively done.

Ladder match had a few fumbles early on but had some damn good and nasty spots, as well. Really felt like it could have gone to anyone at a few points so well worked. Felt like Persia really got a chance to shine. Was worried about Zoey's knee so hopefully just good selling and no injury. Speaking of which, holy shit to Io's bump at the end. Good lord. Figured Toxic Attraction were clean sweeping tonight, good for them.

Harland raided Rowan's old wardrobe. I'm quite interested in this Gacy/Harland thing.

Pretty sure Jones/Strong had this match on 205 Live a week or two back. Seems like they're test running a few matches there before they make the bigger show. Good bout. Want more Ivy in ring, though, please.

Crowd certainly seemed to turn really pro-Mandy as the Women's Title match went on. As I said, expected the clean sweep for TA and am cool with it. Dakota was expected but the same pink hair makes me think this won't include a makeover. Don't mind the feud kicking back up, though.

Haunted House this year wasn't as good as the previous one. It was fine and moderately amusing, everyone did well in their roles, but it seemed a bit bland and lacked a real climactic conclusion, especially compared to how the last one ended in the arena with zombies and shit. Still, happy to have guys I like working with other guys I like and again, they all nailed their parts in it.

I'm still not sure if I'm supposed to like Waller or think he's a dingus. The double Dracula costumes was funny, made funnier by Knight saying Waller's was a discount bin costume when they were identical. And yeah, like BG said, might have some problems with Solo getting strong Uso chants. The family resemblance is hella strong.

Tag title match was loads of fun. Lumberjack stretch was enjoyable with some great dives into the mix. Unique to have them clear out and have a second stretch sans lumberjacks. Nice back and forth exchanges in the final stretch. i wasn't sure abut the winner so they had me going a bit. No issue with the title change though I'm not really a fan of Imperium. Definitely seemed like the boos for MSK were virtually non-existent tonight which is interesting considering the recent news about it.

Main event was good. I was sure it was going to be all belts changing hands and the real ushering in of the 2.0 era with Breakker capping off the night so it was a bit of a surprise to see him lose. He certainly looked good in defeat and it took all of Ciampa's big guns to put him down. He'll be better off taking a longer journey to the top. Will be curious if someone new steps to Ciampa and where Breakker goes next.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think both of you long-form reviewer guys should fight to the death. Maybe we can make it for the North American or Cruiserweight championship too since NXT doesn't care much about either of them. I'm not counting silly skits.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know we'd just be making out by the end of it...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then there'd be two recaps of it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot to mention I popped hard for Barrett's Frankenstein shirt. Also, whoops to Vic calling him "Stu".

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why didn’t Tony deangelo fight on Halloween havoc?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solid show. Wonder if the any champs that lost get moved up to main roster.

Missed the Diamond Mine thing after the talking about the open challenge, but probably didn't really miss anything. Ivy Nile is the only reason to watch that group.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Solid show. Wonder if the any champs that lost get moved up to main roster.

Missed the Diamond Mine thing after the talking about the open challenge, but probably didn't really miss anything. Ivy Nile is the only reason to watch that group.
    Bivens and Roddy are great.