Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 211217218219220221
Results 22,001 to 22,021 of 22021

Thread: The NXT Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mth nope, nothing has popped up yet relating to a bracket.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

Frazer/Waller was decent and nice touch with the Rollins stuff. I might have skipped a bit somewhere but when did Walker start feuding with Chase U?
    Very ancillary crossover between them over the last week or two.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    @mth nope, nothing has popped up yet relating to a bracket.
    Ah, ok. You must've just been listening more closely than me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Ah, ok. You must've just been listening more closely than me.
    No credit needed for me because they didn't mention it on the broadcast lol. Just saw it on social.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, forgot to once again mention that Pretty Deadly are just terrific. That opening was great. YES BOY.
    Last edited by mth; May 4th, 2022 at 1:00 PM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES BOY!
    Last edited by mth; May 4th, 2022 at 7:06 PM.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should just move up Waller now and give him the (Not Austin) Theory treatment. Wouldn't have minded seeing them paired up but already got a new'ish heel team with Edge & Priest on Raw.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Should just move up Waller now and give him the (Not Austin) Theory treatment. Wouldn't have minded seeing them paired up but already got a new'ish heel team with Edge & Priest on Raw.
    Vocally he's ready but that's about it. He's not good in the ring and even his look is off. Outside of the ring he's fine, but his ring gear is horrifying.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    There’s probably more mileage in a Waller/Tiffany pairing than moving Waller up to pair him up with Theory. If Waller was seen as a big deal, he would’ve already been called up. If you were going to pair him up with Theory, you better be sure he can float on his own because in WWE pairings of solo acts into a tandem are built to be broken up. Theory is getting a rub by association right now and that’s fine enough for him. Theory just needs to keep developing his charisma to fill out at a larger scale.

That’s not to say Waller is a dud. He’s got plenty to work with as an overall presentation but he’s gotta clean up his work in the ring and as I’ve said from the jump, he’s gotta ditch his boxing attire.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 4th, 2022 at 2:09 PM.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is Waller that dude that appeared on RAW with AJ Styles? Quite enjoyed him on the mic. Haven't seen him wrestler thugh.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Is Waller that dude that appeared on RAW with AJ Styles? Quite enjoyed him on the mic. Haven't seen him wrestler thugh.
    Yep, that's him.

Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s got a couple of nice moves. That Somersault stunner and a nice flying elbow. I’d say he’s a spotty guy that needs a bit more seasoning in the ring as far as putting together a complete match goes.

The Marc Mero get-up doesn’t really fit his character. I don’t know if that was his or creative’s choice though. I think he could pull off long tights or trunks.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/m...contract-offer
    This whole thing from Bivens is worth reading. That dude is just so entertaining.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good show tonight. Dig that it was ladies match with every match featuring female performers.

Happy to get the Choo/Perez vs. TA stuff back nit he ring and no silly antics this week, just a good match. Seems like Wendy's poised for a title shot against Mandy at IYH and I am here for it, though I am sure she won't win (nor do I think she really should).

So Gacy and his new boys kidnap Breakker just to....dump him somewhere? Lame. And then Gacy talks for five minutes, says nothing of note, and doesn't reveal who the two guys are. lame. Also, there sure are a lot of guys with a pair of goons doing kidnappings on this show, huh?

Henley/Jacobs was ok but nothing special. Figured Fallon would win as she's more established but i did briefly consider her boys accidentally fucking things up for her.

I am on board with Fyre's new look/persona. Honestly, I think it's more interesting than when she was just KLR with a bat, there's a bit more of a unique aesthetic now. Happy to once again hear the crowd on board and chanting the new name and not being smartasses like they were with Gunther.

Crowd is so hype for Solo and has absolutely committed to turning on Grimes. Grimes vs. Melo's just a filler for what the people really want which is Solo's title shot and really, him winning it. It's a bit amusing that he's asking for it despite having been pinned by the champ twice, though. Feels like he should have to earn it a bit more but whatevs.

The stuff with Legado and D'Angelo was corny as fuck but that's kind of fun. Escobar ending it with "fuck you' was the biggest LOL moment.

Waller/Stratton is a pairing that should have happened yesterday. Chase and Hayward transforming along with Sarray was brilliant. Nice to see Sarray get one up on Stratton finally. I assume there'll still be another one one one between them and I can see an argument for either of them coming out on top of that.

Lyons/Grace was alright. Grace is bland AF at this point, lots of these new chicks really need to develop personas and differentiate themselves, that in-box promo was bad and then she was sort of heel in the match, sort of. Lyons is obviously a favorite to win and I support it.

Ivy Nile being a beast in the vignettes was cool and all 'cuz she legit is a beast but it felt a little pointless other than telling us something we more or less already know. Plus, not much of a beast if she's not really gotten anywhere in the women's division. Hopefully this is a sign she's going to do something of worth soon. Damon Kemp joining Diamond Mine is a decent new thing.

Main event delivered. Damn good stuff. Great work from both, good story, Jade comes out better despite losing.

Oh also! IKEMEN JIRO! Was really bummed when they said he'd be out for months and then whammo, he's back attacking Wagner. As I've said elsewhere, I really hope they back Jiro as a solo act now that Kushida's gone.

Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely Cora’s best match so far. She won me over a bit more and nice show of love from Nattie at the end.

If Grimes’ NA title push wasn’t so obvious and manufactured with the dead father angle, I think the crowd could’ve stuck with him more as a face. I certainly won’t complain if he goes back heel though as he is better at it. I also agree Soho should’ve done something more to earn another shot.

The Sarray/Chase U transformation was silly but nonetheless amusing. Same for the Mafia stuff and Escobar’s “Fuck You”

Gacy is just boring now, just not into this act at all I’m afraid.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So, Wendy Choo used to be that old lady with Xia Li and Boa? What a fantastic character that was. Shame they abandoned it.

Was that Jason Mewes with Andre Chase?

Does WWE use a random name generator on the internet to come up with names? And then they're going to eventually drop one of the names if they go to the main roster.
    Last edited by Donald; May 11th, 2022 at 1:12 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does WWE use a random name generator on the internet to come up with names? And then they're going to eventually drop one of the names if they go to the main roster.
    Yeah, I can't remember anybody's name anymore now that they're throwing darts at name roots. Here, I'll come up with some NXT names off the cuff...

Ganey Swob
    Jeryl Nimmy
    Byer Sol
    Fraklin Slyers
    Janey Kammo
    Gib Try

and who could ever forget... Bet Ramen.

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bring back gimmick names. Earthquake, Repo Man, IRS, Adam bomb, things like that. They don't have to stick to the character forever, or they can add realness to it like the under taker

Mentioned
    346 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Like, ok, with Toxic Attraction, I know Mandy Rose very well, it's a simple and effective name. But I can't for the life of me remember the other two. I just think of them as girl with orange hair and generic looking girl.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This mafia war between Legado del Fantasma and the Family is so ridiculous, but Santos and Tony have done such a great job in their respective roles that I look forward to each new development every week.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bring back gimmick names. Earthquake, Repo Man, IRS, Adam bomb, things like that. They don't have to stick to the character forever, or they can add realness to it like the under taker
    I just want another Tugboat to come back to inspire his dozens and dozens of Tugmaniacs in the front row all the way up to the nosebleed seats.