Page 213 of 229 FirstFirst ... 203209210211212213214215216217223 ... LastLast
Results 21,201 to 21,300 of 22880

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    They will. I agree, the look is plain but that's the intention.
    Indeed. I like what I’ve seen so far, just big bruisers. No flips just fists #Revival

Better a plain look than say well Kross!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Was that stuff about Cole being a manager confirmed? Last I read it was on some random-ass site and nowhere else. Also, bit too soon to say Elias isn't unique anymore as we have no idea what he repackaging will be...provided he's not released beforehand...

But yeah, no, I don't want Dexter to get called up.
    Meltzer confirmed the stuff about Cole yesterday and I read the stuff about Elias somewhere. Hasn't he been off TV for 2 weeks now without a peep? I don't understand why they make a show of taking someone off TV to start a new character when they don't have one ready for them.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Indeed. I like what I’ve seen so far, just big bruisers. No flips just fists #Revival

Better a plain look than say well Kross!
    LOL. Poor Kross.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Meltzer confirmed the stuff about Cole yesterday and I read the stuff about Elias somewhere. Hasn't he been off TV for 2 weeks now without a peep? I don't understand why they make a show of taking someone off TV to start a new character when they don't have one ready for them.
    Not every character immediately transitions into a new one the next episode. It's called build. Or does that word only register when you're defending AEW?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe Vince blames Adam Cole-who was champion the majority of the time NXT was up against AEW-as the reason for such lackluster ratings?? I mean, if we're going to blame Trump for everything wrong last year why not Cole?
    Maybe. That's funny though because Tony Kahn was saying at the All Out post media scrum that Adam Cole was the one thing worrying him about NXT going head to head with AEW. Just shows their difference in mind set.

I wonder what the card was for the one time NXT beat AEW in the ratings.
    NXT was headlined by an NXT Championship match between Adam Cole and Finn Balor and an NXT Women's Championship match between Shayna Baszler and Rhea Ripley.
    Interesting.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who's far from a fan of Cole, I wouldn't have been fussed about the manager thing. He can talk and if it was also going to give Keith Lee something to do, all the better. But I get fans of his being bothered that he wouldn't be an in-ring performer and the criticism is totally valid.

The Elias/guitar thing seems more like speculation but at the same time, Elias has really run his course with his gimmick and no one gives a shit anymore, so a reinvention seems like a smart course of action. But the fact that it's been two weeks without any continuation makes me think they might've already given up...or this might be like Mojo's weeks of vignettes and then a total sputter of a return.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not every character immediately transitions into a new one the next episode. It's called build. Or does that word only register when you're defending AEW?
    Where are the vignettes? I'm just saying they've done this same thing with Emma and Carmella and probably more that I can't remember and instead of capitalizing on any buzz about what someone will do next they hurry up and wait it by doing nothing for weeks, having multiple delays, sometimes even changing someone from coming next week to just coming soon, or just stop airing vignettes entirely, and then people maybe care for a week after they debut.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting.
    Think the women's match was the one that actually closed the show, IIRC.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As someone who's far from a fan of Cole, I wouldn't have been fussed about the manager thing. He can talk and if it was also going to give Keith Lee something to do, all the better. But I get fans of his being bothered that he wouldn't be an in-ring performer and the criticism is totally valid.

The Elias/guitar thing seems more like speculation but at the same time, Elias has really run his course with his gimmick and no one gives a shit anymore, so a reinvention seems like a smart course of action. But the fact that it's been two weeks without any continuation makes me think they might've already given up...or this might be like Mojo's weeks of vignettes and then a total sputter of a return.
    I don't think it's true no one gives a shit anymore. I think you could have him in the ring and everyone would hang on every word of the songs just like they used to and chant walk with Elias just like they used to. When's the last time they had him perform in the ring is the real question.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Elias is awful.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe. That's funny though because Tony Kahn was saying at the All Out post media scrum that Adam Cole was the one thing worrying him about NXT going head to head with AEW. Just shows their difference in mind set.

I wonder what the card was for the one time NXT beat AEW in the ratings.

Interesting.
    Well, what was Tony going to say when he has the only top guy he's been able to bring in from NXT? If he shits on NXT he shits on the guy who was carrying the flag in the make believe war against AEW. NXT failed, and now the guy responsible is gone. Just my take.

Where are the vignettes? I'm just saying they've done this same thing with Emma and Carmella and probably more that I can't remember and instead of capitalizing on any buzz about what someone will do next they hurry up and wait it by doing nothing for weeks, having multiple delays, sometimes even changing someone from coming next week to just coming soon, or just stop airing vignettes entirely, and then people maybe care for a week after they debut.
    Well to be fair, Emma didn't go from dancing with Santino to Emmalina within a week or two. She was off tv for awhile and then the vignettes started. Correct me if I'm wrong but the last vignette Elias did was talking about finding himself. Does that happen within a few weeks? Either way who cares? He fucking sucks lol. Are you honestly giving a shit about Elias?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's true no one gives a shit anymore. I think you could have him in the ring and everyone would hang on every word of the songs just like they used to and chant walk with Elias just like they used to. When's the last time they had him perform in the ring is the real question.
    People used to do a lot of things. They USED to give a shit about Elias until they turned him babyface. He can't work, that's his biggest problem. In the ring he is boring, outside of insults on the guitar-he was meaningless. His schtick got old.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    People used to do a lot of things. They USED to give a shit about Elias until they turned him babyface. He can't work, that's his biggest problem. In the ring he is boring, outside of insults on the guitar-he was meaningless. His schtick got old.
    Wasn't Ryker supposed to the face in that feud?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well, what was Tony going to say when he has the only top guy he's been able to bring in from NXT? If he shits on NXT he shits on the guy who was carrying the flag in the make believe war against AEW. NXT failed, and now the guy responsible is gone. Just my take.

Well to be fair, Emma didn't go from dancing with Santino to Emmalina within a week or two. She was off tv for awhile and then the vignettes started. Correct me if I'm wrong but the last vignette Elias did was talking about finding himself. Does that happen within a few weeks? Either way who cares? He fucking sucks lol. Are you honestly giving a shit about Elias?
    We all have our wrestlers we like for some reason. For mth it's Dexter Lumis, for Hero it's QT Marshal, for me it's Elias, no idea who yours is.

Edit: for Donald it's Tony Nese.
    Last edited by Bert; September 9th, 2021 at 1:33 PM. Reason: The

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've only had crowds for a little bit ...and they found a better guy in their eyes to play a guitar. Hearing Boogs talk about getting called up to the main roster was interesting. Guy actually didn't know how to fully play the guitar and had to adapt on the fly for the Nakamura entrance stuff.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    They've only had crowds for a little bit ...and they found a better guy in their eyes to play a guitar. Hearing Boogs talk about getting called up to the main roster was interesting. Guy actually didn't know how to fully play the guitar and had to adapt on the fly for the Nakamura entrance stuff.
    A different type of guitar on a different show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A different type of guitar on a different show.
    Still probably more appealing, though. And might be a rare case where they want to avoid redundancy.

And they're making more of an effort for Boogs as a wrestler than they did with Elias.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We all have our wrestlers we like for some reason. For mth it's Dexter Lumis, for Hero it's QT Marshal, for me it's Elias, no idea who yours is.

It WAS Peyton Royce.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Ryker supposed to the face in that feud?
    No clue, he sucks too so fuck him as well.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope Tony Nese shows up in AEW so I can follow it. I hope Tony Khan is smart enough to put him in the main event.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me right now it’s Top Dolla. As he said he wore Legado like a poncho.

He’s a great prospect.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I hope Tony Nese shows up in AEW so I can follow it. I hope Tony Khan is smart enough to put him in the main event.
    He had Ever Rise in the main event for like 2-3 weeks straight and they were the bottom tag-team in the entire company. Someone like Neese would be a shoe-in for World champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He had Ever Rise in the main event for like 2-3 weeks straight and they were the bottom tag-team in the entire company. Someone like Neese would be a shoe-in for World champion.
    Sure, if you disregard them losing every match they've been in (not including Dark).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, if you disregard them losing every match they've been in (not including Dark).
    Who gives a shit if they win or lose they're main eventing the A show lol.

I guess that's what Raw and Smackdown are lacking. Instead of Roman v. Finn Balor for the World championship it should've been Roman Reigns going 50/50 with Titus.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why 50/50? Man you love to move goal posts.

Tony picked up 2point0 because they're older guys with experience and charisma who can bounce back from losses.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why 50/50? Man you love to move goal posts.

Tony picked up 2point0 because they're older guys with experience and charisma who can bounce back from losses.
    I didn't move any goal posts. Ever Rise have been having competitive matches (that's what I meant by 50/50) with main eventers but to you it's fine because they still lose.

And I don't see where you're coming from about them being able to bounce back from losses. I guess that's where we phone Excalibur? I'll be honest I only know of them via WWE and they were jobbers there just like in AEW. Only difference is that Vince didn't put them on the main event of Raw having competitive back and forth matches with Drew, Lashley, etc. IDK I could be wrong, you seem to know a lot about what Tony Khan does and doesn't think. Maybe they were dope in EWR.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should play a game and see how long Bert can go without making an excuse for AEW. Shocked you aren't over in the other thread jerking off with Hero over Bryan's theme song.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANNNNNND you're already in the other thread making a buffoon out of yourself. Trolling at it's best. Sad really.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I didn't move any goal posts. Ever Rise have been having competitive matches (that's what I meant by 50/50) with main eventers but to you it's fine because they still lose.

And I don't see where you're coming from about them being able to bounce back from losses. I guess that's where we phone Excalibur? I'll be honest I only know of them via WWE and they were jobbers there just like in AEW. Only difference is that Vince didn't put them on the main event of Raw having competitive back and forth matches with Drew, Lashley, etc. IDK I could be wrong, you seem to know a lot about what Tony Khan does and doesn't think. Maybe they were dope in EWR.
    First you were talking about Tony Nese being world champion because 2point0 loses main events on Dynamite. Then you mentioned something about Titus O Neil who has no charisma or wrestling ability so it's not really a comparison. Then you were talking about 50/50, 50/50 generally means the booking and equal wins and losses, right? If you're saying that they're not squashed, you're right. What a crazy concept. Losing to 3 of the most popular people on the roster doesn't hurt them. That's what I mean by they'll bounce back. They can go into a program with a tag team like the Best Friends pretty easily after OC makes Matt shave his head and that feud finally ends.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    ANNNNNND you're already in the other thread making a buffoon out of yourself. Trolling at it's best. Sad really.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First you were talking about Tony Nese being world champion because 2point0 loses main events on Dynamite. Then you mentioned something about Titus O Neil who has no charisma or wrestling ability so it's not really a comparison. Then you were talking about 50/50, 50/50 generally means the booking and equal wins and losses, right? If you're saying that they're not squashed, you're right. What a crazy concept. Losing to 3 of the most popular people on the roster doesn't hurt them. That's what I mean by they'll bounce back. They can go into a program with a tag team like the Best Friends pretty easily after OC makes Matt shave his head and that feud finally ends.
    No what I said was that if TK is putting Ever Rise of all people in the main event then Neese is a shoe -in for World champion. Meaning that Neese was booked much better in WWE than Ever Rise so of course he stands a chance at getting the big push. And by the way, it was a fucking joke you dork lol.

Excuses Excuses Excuses. All Excuses Wrestling brought to you by Proud Bert, the leader of the Transformers Against Single Mothers.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    the leader of the Transformers Against Single Mothers.
    Explain this part to me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen to how "matter of fact" Bert is about everything when talking about AEW. Is this the kind of attention you lack in your non-Rajah life? Or is there where you do the Gerald Broflovski routine?

If you don't get that comparison, well, that explains all we need to know from All Excuse Wrestling's newest addition.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Explain this part to me.
    I don't know, explain to me how all studies are facts. I figured the 3 days you were on vacay you'd have an answer.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds like you're upset because you can excuse making shit up and speaking matter of factly yourself as "joking."

That joke about the TNA ratings was a real knee slapper.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you're upset because you can excuse making shit up and speaking matter of factly yourself as "joking."

That joke about the TNA ratings was a real knee slapper.
    Not as funny as the joke the mods pulled on you, good luck in the future.

I speak in a way that if someone is misunderstanding what I'm trying to say, I do my best to explain why you're coming at it from the wrong angle. But people like you don't really care about that. People have misunderstandings all the time.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's drop the personal attacks and just talk about the wrestling, please.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    600,000 viewers yikes. Is there anything on the show that won't keep this from getting even lower? Remember when NXT was competition to Dynamite?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    600,000 viewers yikes. Is there anything on the show that won't keep this from getting even lower? Remember when NXT was competition to Dynamite?
    When was NXT competition to Dynamite? If it was, it never should've been. Just looking at the rosters, why would anyone in their right mind think Dynamite was going to lose to NXT?

600,000 viewers sounds par for the course doesn't it. I thought they were hovering around anywhere from 550-700,000 viewers this whole time. Plus you also have to remember PP, how many people watch it live? I don't. I wait the next day and watch it on Hulu because I don't have USA.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wwe needs a complete overhaul of everything.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestling needs an overhaul. Nobody but WWE is making money. And while they're making money, the product is lackluster. I think if you took everything good in WWE and killed an hour of Raw you'd be like damn, not as bad as I think. It's hard to maintain interest across so many shows.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was NXT competition to Dynamite? If it was, it never should've been. Just looking at the rosters, why would anyone in their right mind think Dynamite was going to lose to NXT?

600,000 viewers sounds par for the course doesn't it. I thought they were hovering around anywhere from 550-700,000 viewers this whole time. Plus you also have to remember PP, how many people watch it live? I don't. I wait the next day and watch it on Hulu because I don't have USA.
    I'm not saying NXT was real competition to Dynamite or would actually beat them in the ratings but they were within 100k. Now Dynamite has it doubled. And the WWE fan boys on twitter thought it was competition lol

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect next week's rating will be up as a lot of folks will probably tune in just to see what the "new" NXT is and then it'll go down when they find out it's the same as the old NXT just with a different logo/set.

RAW is the red brand, SmackDown is the blue brand, and up until next week, NXT was the black and gold brand. But now what are they gonna be? The rainbow paint splatter brand?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying NXT was real competition to Dynamite or would actually beat them in the ratings but they were within 100k. Now Dynamite has it doubled. And the WWE fan boys on twitter thought it was competition lol
    Yeah I can't speak on fanboys of either company, they're fucking idiotic and delusional.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just posted yesterday how NXT beat Dynamite in the ratings once. With the main events being Adam Cole vs Finn Balor and Rhea Ripley vs Shayna Bazler.
    Last edited by Bert; September 10th, 2021 at 2:01 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just posted yesterday how NXT beat Dynamite in the ratings once. With the main events being Adam Cole vs Finn Balor and Rhea Ripley vs Shayna Bazler.
    And?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    RAW should be 2 hours. There's a lot of filler that ruins the shows.
    NXT should be 1 hour and only on Peacock/Network, showcasing the best up and comers
    SmackDown is fine as it is.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only seen clips, but is Dexter Lumis's gimmick that he never talks?

I heard about this, but never watched it. Way better execution than the Miz v Priest match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    RAW should be 2 hours. There's a lot of filler that ruins the shows.
    NXT should be 1 hour and only on Peacock/Network, showcasing the best up and comers
    SmackDown is fine as it is.
    There's a lot of commercials too

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I've only seen clips, but is Dexter Lumis's gimmick that he never talks?
    Yes.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically a creepier Orange Cassidy (though he does now does talk a bit more often after that “debate” with Jericho).

I think one day Dexter will break the silence and actually be quite eloquent. He’ll have to say “I do” at least lol.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not surprisingly, I've had a few dreams where Dexter's popped up. He often talks and I get mad that he breaks kayfabe.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not surprisingly, I've had a few dreams where Dexter's popped up. He often talks and I get mad that he breaks kayfabe.
    The moment Dexter talks will be like Kane dropping the voice box at X-Pac’s behest….

“Suuuuuck iiiiit!”

I actually think Indi going heel at the end could go great for his face character

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe for his vows he'll do the Wyle E. Coyote thing and hold up a sign...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Basically a creepier Orange Cassidy (though he does now does talk a bit more often after that “debate” with Jericho).

I think one day Dexter will break the silence and actually be quite eloquent. He’ll have to say “I do” at least lol.
    I hope that when he finally talks, he sounds like Mike Tyson.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I both Beth is the maid of honour plus if it goes wrong, Wade will gloat to hell!

Either way, segment will be win-win!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I hope that when he finally talks, he sounds like Mike Tyson.
    I hope he never talks.

Personally extremely hyped for the wedding. Lots of things I'm curious about. Who's going to fuck things up? Who will be guests? Will Indi or Dexter turn or bail? Will this be when Dexter finally talks? Will it be live in-ring or a pre-taped/cinematic segment like the bachelor(ette) parties? Maybe the whole thing goes off without a hitch?
    Last edited by mth; September 10th, 2021 at 7:02 PM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has to be live.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Joe has to give up the title? Jesus Christ.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kinda makes sense…new NXT, new champion. Do a tournament!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are you getting this from? I'm not seeing any news. Is this a spoiler?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Where are you getting this from? I'm not seeing any news. Is this a spoiler?
    The Power Game, himself. https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/...132364805?s=19

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already had Ciampa, KOR, Dunne, and Knight set up to compete to be the No. 1 Contender.

Looks like we’re pretty close to Dunne getting gold.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Joe did an Instagram video announcing it, so no spoiler

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit. That sucks. Poor Joe always with the bang-ups. Welp, at least it sounds like it'll be brief and he'll be back. Guess that fourway's gonna be for the belt then?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope it's just kayfabe and he's not really hurt. He just came back!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I’m pretty sure it’s a work. They probably want the title on someone else for the rebrand.

who is young and cool on this program? Pete Dunne?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I’m pretty sure it’s a work. They probably want the title on someone else for the rebrand.

who is young and cool on this program? Pete Dunne?
    Who are you asking? Vince will probably give you a different answer, but Dunne probably makes the most sense.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seems like Dunne or Knight. Could be Dunne as another reason to consider staying when his contract is up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like Dunne or Knight. Could be Dunne as another reason to consider staying when his contract is up.
    Knight would be a dumb decision. Dunne is the logical choice, and seeds have already been planted for Dunne and Joe.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Knight would be a dumb decision. Dunne is the logical choice, and seeds have already been planted for Dunne and Joe.
    Makes more sense than Ciampa or KOR. Can't see KOR being a top guy and Ciampa has already had a run. Knight is billed at 6'1, how tall is he really? If it's Vince's pick Knight wouldn't surprise me.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much as I absolutely love Knight, it's probably too soon for him. Dunne seems the most likely choice unless OHGODPLEASENO they put it on Kyle. I'd also be ok with Ciampa but that seems like a guaranteed no.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes more sense than Ciampa or KOR. Can't see KOR being a top guy and Ciampa has already had a run. Knight is billed at 6'1, how tall is he really? If it's Vince's pick Knight wouldn't surprise me.
    The only angle I see with Knight is that he’s a Miz lite and Miz can easily be a champion but he’s a transitional one. Dunne is someone who can be that or a top champ who can carry things.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope it's Dunne. Is the 4 way match for the debut of NXT 2.0?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it's Dunne. Is the 4 way match for the debut of NXT 2.0?
    That’s what was scheduled.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who are you asking? .

You guys who watch this program?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys who watch this program?
    They’ve subtly told a story that Dunne wants Joe. I have no reason to believe that Joe is suddenly going to be off TV for good and whatever this is for him is just something for a relatively set amount of time. If it wasn’t that, I’d probably have Ciampa be the guy. Since I have a timeline in place, it’s Dunne who is the guy for me. If they really want to get cute and make this like a MacGuffin, then it’s Knight. He gets a cheap title run, Joe comes back and wrecks him, and we get our inevitable feud between Joe and Dunne.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don’t think Joe comes back. This is so weird. Why have him do it online on a Sunday night? Remember: Vince fired Joe. Him being back was 100% a triple h thing and triple b isn’t calling the shots in NXT anymore.

just because of how old ciampa and Eli drake are, I’d say Dunne wins and holds it until some new guy is ready to beat him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn’t make sense based on what he said. He said it will be for a time and alluded to the fact that whoever becomes the champ will have a problem when he comes back.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well, yeah. What’s he supposed to say? “I’m gonna sit at home and pray I don’t get released again”?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, yeah. What’s he supposed to say? “I’m gonna sit at home and pray I don’t get released again”?
    If Vince is a worry, why is Joe giving a message that suggests he’s coming back…only to get fired? That makes everyone look stupid. As to why you do it now, you’re giving more attention to your top title, rather than being ambiguous than the CW championship. Brings attention to your refreshed brand on Tuesday.

We don’t have answers and have plenty of questions.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If Vince is a worry, why is Joe giving a message that suggests he’s coming back…only to get fired? That makes everyone look stupid.
    We don’t have answers and have plenty of questions.
    No one is saying that Joe is being fired right away. I’m saying that Joe was programmed in as champion under Hunter and it’s likely that Vince does not want Joe leading his brand in the new era. Whether joe is fired again or remains in the wwe developmental system is to be seen.

I said that Triple H hired him. Vince has already once decided Joe’s fate and that fate was to let him go. Vince now runs this brand. It’s not hard to see why they’re pulling back on Joe starting with the relaunch.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one is saying that Joe is being fired right away. I’m saying that Joe was programmed in as champion under Hunter and it’s likely that Vince does not want Joe leading his brand in the new era. Whether joe is fired again or remains in the wwe developmental system is to be seen.

I said that Triple H hired him. Vince has already once decided Joe’s fate and that fate was to let him go. Vince now runs this brand. It’s not hard to see why they’re pulling back on Joe starting with the relaunch.
    My question would then circle back to your question of why on Sunday? He’s been the champ for three weeks. If Vince is dealing with stuff at the top, seems pretty dumb to wait this long to pull the trigger on cutting Joe off at the knees. They’ve been running programming for the last couple of weeks indicating Joe is transitioning the brand. I’d make a case that there aren’t many better choices on the brand to transition the program. You can make him a silly champion and lose quickly if you really don’t like him. This seems sudden.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Exactly. The Sunday night quick burial of the story makes no sense. Why not have Joe come out on NXT and vacate on TV? Why have him drop the title 2 days prior to the relaunch of the brand?

unless you don’t want him on the program.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That still doesn’t account for the multiple weeks of taped programming that emphasized he was the champion and he’s leading the charge. Vince is a moron yes, but not opting to redo taped segments doesn’t make a lick of sense unless something suddenly changed to where they had to make the best of a weird situation. I doubt they’d force themselves into a situation like that. I could be wrong and could be giving them too much credit but this seems astronomically dumb to suddenly decide you’re done, based on circumstances already established.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vince once upon a time fired Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal, John Morrison, Daniel Bryan (twice), Shelton Benjamin, Gallows, etc. and brought them back. Some in just as quick of a turnaround as Joe (see Daniel Bryan).

I've never been under the impression that Triple H has always had 110% control over every aspect of NXT.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fatal 4-way is crowning a new champion.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Let’s go Peter dooooooon

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pete Dunne is the obvious answer to who needs to pick up the mantle and run with it.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    But it wasn’t only on screen talent that fell victim to WWE’s “budget cuts” as reason for termination, when the company decided to merge numerous departments into one, now called “WWE Media.” This new division within WWE has been overseen by Kevin Dunn since it’s conception in late May of this year. Another round of NXT releases happened back in August, which saw another 12 talents cut. Unfortunately it appears as though this wasn’t the last of WWE’s cuts within NXT, this time however it was on the production end.
    While speaking with sources in WWE, I was informed that there was another round of production related cuts made at NXT this week. Additionally, I was told that “They’re down to a skeleton crew.” When I asked for details as to which areas within the company were part of the latest round of terminations, I was just told “production.”
    WWE NXT is also set to debut an all new look and feel for the brand, as well as a remodeled CWC on this upcoming week’s episode of NXT TV.
    We will keep you updated if we hear anything more about the latest round of WWE NXT production cuts.

According to Cassidy Haynes of Bodyslam, NXT’s production crew also got cut pretty badly recently. I wonder what that means for the production of this show. Maybe going back to basics like the FCW/earlier NXT days?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also, frightful select reporting that Gargano’s contract is up soon.

he seems happy with the gig tho, so I think he’ll re-sign

Edit: his contract expires 12/3/21. That’s soon!
    Last edited by Hero!; September 13th, 2021 at 7:40 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't be sad seeing Gargano bounce.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Gargano stays. He's been one of the best things going since the heel turn.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    My money for tomorrow’s 4-Way is on Kyle O’Reilly.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shouldn't this really be NXT 3.0?
    Early 'reality competition show' days
    Training/developmental show for pre-Main Roster period
    and a 'new era' tonight...

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    Shouldn't this really be NXT 3.0?
    Early 'reality competition show' days
    Training/developmental show for pre-Main Roster period
    and a 'new era' tonight...
    In that case it should be 4.0 with it becoming its own legit brand rather than just developmental.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rex steiner has apparently been renamed "Bron Breaker" ahead of tonight's show.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Do they use a random name generator on the internet

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rex steiner has apparently been renamed "Bron Breaker" ahead of tonight's show.
    That's dumb. Rex Steiner was a great name.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If they bring in Scott as his mouthpiece, NXT 2.0 will be the best show in the history of anything. If my math calculations are correct, they'd easily see an increase of 87.18% in ratings.