User Tag List

Page 211 of 229 FirstFirst ... 201207208209210211212213214215221 ... LastLast
Results 21,001 to 21,100 of 22889

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah……. I’m gonna be honest, the Nash comments there only a slight step down from the Spudz comment.

Both absolutely shitty.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just going to say this. mth can get a pass but when VHS and Caito of all people on this board are trying to act morally righteous....well...I guess everyone can TRY to be a comedian these days lol. One's a try hard and the other is a Trumper. Get over yourselves.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s fair, all of my morally questionable decisions and whatnot like…… what exactly?

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I supported Trump. I still have the ability to see when comments or posts made are bullshit. Yours were.

I know you like to think your the big swinging dick of the forums, were ppl just took their tails and runs when you come to debate/argue with them…… but you’re not anything special around here. Just like pretty much all of us.

So maybe take your own advice, and get over yourself.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Yes, I supported Trump. I still have the ability to see when comments or posts made are bullshit. Yours were.

I know you like to think your the big swinging dick of the forums, were ppl just took their tails and runs when you come to debate/argue with them…… but you’re not anything special around here. Just like pretty much all of us.

So maybe take your own advice, and get over yourself.
    Stones, glass houses, yada yada.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s fair, all of my morally questionable decisions and whatnot like…… what exactly?
    You answered it already.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the question of my morality is basically whom I choose to support politically, that the basis of what you’re saying?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the question of my morality is basically whom I choose to support politically, that the basis of what you’re saying?
    What I'm saying is what does any of this commentary from you and VHS have to do with NXT? As a mod, you should know where the appropriate threads are for derailment.

And yes, 1000000% your morality is in question if you're supporting Donald Trump of all people, especially when in THIS discussion. Grab 'em by the pussy, right?? But please, continue to talk about how absurd my comments about Triple H, Andrade, and Carmella have been lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't write my review last night because this was a pretty underwhelming episode.

The stuff with Joe/Kross was decent but a bit by the numbers. When they showed Kross had laid out Regal it was on the tron and I couldn't even tell it was Regal until they showed Joe run out there. Seems quite likely Joe's going to take the title off Kross so he can be on RAW.

I like Kushida but I'm still trying to warm up to Fish and I've been pretty clear on my apathy toward Diamond Mine so the tag match didn't do much of anything for me. Surprised to see the faces win a bit since I figured they were trying to establish the stable.

I like Franky but another squash didn't do a lot for me and while Jessi and Stone were out there, there wasn't really much in the way of development.

Man, KOR should really turn heel and maybe he's going to? He came across like a real asshole during the prematch confrontation with Theory and while the "getting darker"/aggressive stuff was probably more just for the match with Cole, it did have tinges of heelishness here and there (refusing to release the hold for example). I think it'd really help if he turned 'cuz this babyface solo run isn't really working (crowd seemed to agree). Definitely seemed like Theory might've left The Way during their little backstage bit and with the dark matches and rumored call up. "If he wants to kiss Dexter, let him kiss Dexter," was hilarious but all I got of InDex this week and no Dexter appearance whatsoever...big boo to that.

Legado/Hit Row stuff was good. I can see why Cena's raps were always in slo-mo though 'cuz it seemed like the crowd wasn't really following when Top Dolla was dropping bars. Is there a giant Latino dude in developmental that Legado can enlist to even things up against Hit Row/Top Dolla?

Chase looks like an absolute goober. Jones seems like he has oodles of potential. Match was a bit sloppy at points but crowd seemed to dig Jones and he got the win which I am happy about.

So McKenzie could just tell everyone what MSK said at any time now, right? Like, we didnt' ehar their answer but she was there so...spill the beans, Mac. I do like that they finally addressed that.

The stuff with Knight/Grimes/Maverick was all well and good but I was thinking to myself, "Why does he have to punch him?" Yes, he's his butler but what's Knight going to do if he just didn't do it? Fire him? Take him to court? Just don't do it and punch Knight instead. They never established terms of a contract so there are no known consequences if Grimes doesn't do his duties. Regardless, the angle's still working, I'm just overthinking it perhaps.

Holy shit did the main event disappoint. No Boa, no Mai Ying, so nothing doing with either of them getting involved. Then the match just gets going and there's the injury/medical check and then boom, it's over. Curious if that was a legit injury (broken ribs?) 'cuz it kind of felt like maybe they just flipped the script on Xia after what happened with Martinez. Where's @VHS demanding Raquel be fired? Either way, this match was a dud and I was very hyped going into it.
    Last edited by mth; July 21st, 2021 at 11:55 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why have you summoned me? No just kidding, but what's up?

Xia's injury is unfortunate, but I'm going to hold on tight to this one because I think there's a difference between the two scenarios if you hear me out. In the case of Martinez being knocked out, Xia was a little careless in performing a simple kick. In the case of Xia getting hurt yesterday, we had Raquel coming down on her from the top rope. Xia knew it was coming and she didn't do enough to protect herself from Raquel who did nothing wrong. Not trying to be the arbiter of Xia hate, but I just think she's way too green to be out there. In the span of 2 weeks she hurts someone else and then she gets hurt, one instance she boffs someone out cold and the other she doesn't tight up to protect herself.

I know I'm coming down harsh on her, but I welcome the discussion about it.
    I do hope she's ok though, that's the last thing anybody wants to see.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looked like one of two things: A great sell or she got the wind knocked out of her. The splash is a 2-way street. You land a certain way and your opponent braces themselves for impact. It's the reason why Rikishi didn't kill Val Venis. I think both of them are still pretty green it just stands out because Li KO'd Mercedes. It happens. Seth Rollins smashed Cena's nose and about paralyzed Sting on ppv within 2 months of each other and he's by far one of the best wrestlers today, even back then.

I'm a big Xia Li fan, but this is why NXT is good and bad. Her lack of consistently being in the ring and not really working with the top tier in NXT makes her look even worse than I think she truly is. It's not like anyone is expect Raquel to carry her she's just as green. It's like watching Leviathan v. John Cena.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Was Scarlet on NXT? If so, did they explain why she wasn't on RAW?

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Was Scarlet on NXT? If so, did they explain why she wasn't on RAW?
    She was not.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can Scarlett work? Maybe they should be building her up to work with Gonzales?

Her and Carrion Cross as "NXT's Power Couple" has potential.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite trying my best to avoid spoilers, I unfortunately did have two things on this show spoiled for me.

Opening tag delivered some good hard hitting action. One of the spoiled things was Holland's return. Glad he's recovered from his nasty injured and can jump back into more or less where he was supposed to be with Dunne and Lorcan. Looks like Ciampa/Thatcher might need a third man to even the odds?

Joe quitting his position, getting hired to the roster, and then getting the match with Kross all went nicely and was a hype moment. So glad to have him getting back in the ring.

Briggs did not impress me at all while Hayes continued to impress. Sold that big boot and took that chokeslam like a champ. Briggs just did basic bigman stuff and had shitty tattoos. i was sure he was going to win so I was pleased that Hayes did.

The other thing I had spoiled was Kai turning on Gonzalez which sucks 'cuz I feel that that would've been a pretty good moment if I didn't know, although Kai's mic work was spelling it out pretty damn clearly. Totally fine with them breaking up and feuding. Would love to see Kai win it and be the crafty champ.

Welp, there's Monet's first loss. The Stone Brand angle's pretty interesting, will be curious to see if Franky just boots him from his own brand or maybe they even build to a Stone/Monet match or their stable feuds with one that Many Rose puts together. The KC's should get in the tag title picture soon.

Hit Row versus Imperium was fine for what it was. Top Dolla also does some pretty basic bigman stuff but the dude has boatloads of charisma and personality so much more fun to watch than Briggs was.

Oh my god, if I have next week's Gargano vs. Lumis match spoiled for me ahead of time, I will be so pissed. They've both beaten each other once before so it could go either way but Lumis winning certainly seems like the best option for storyline advancement as his awkwardly trying to fit into The Way family is a recipe for hilarity.

Speaking of hilarity, the golf stuff with Grimes/Knight and GYV was all pretty good.

Feels like the Cole/Reed main event was a farewell for Reed so he could have a nice spotlight match before getting called up. it wasn't anything special but it was good enough. I feel like this KOR/Cole feud might be leading to a double-turn which, like I said last week, is probably for the best for KOR as I think he might actually click as a heel and everybody already loves Cole and has been cheering him for years.

Not an amazing show but a step above last week.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When Adam Cole hit the Canadian Destroyer on Bronson Reed I about cancelled my Peacock subscription. The fakest fucking spot in NXT history. You have this skinny fat midget armed Adam Cole hitting a move that A-he can barely get his arms halfway around Reed and B-he has never hit the gym in his entire life so where's the strength?

At least when I see a guy like Kevin Owens who has baby hands and little arms, he's not doing a fucking Canadian Destroyer to Big Show.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    When Adam Cole hit the Canadian Destroyer on Bronson Reed I about cancelled my Peacock subscription. The fakest fucking spot in NXT history. You have this skinny fat midget armed Adam Cole hitting a move that A-he can barely get his arms halfway around Reed and B-he has never hit the gym in his entire life so where's the strength?

At least when I see a guy like Kevin Owens who has baby hands and little arms, he's not doing a fucking Canadian Destroyer to Big Show.
    I gotta be honest, I just laughed my ass off. It’s like Sabin suplexing a train in FF6. Sabin Cole.

Last Shot with knee pad down would have been more fitting.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Panama Sunrise is easily one of the worst moves in WWE. Like, Destroyers are silly enough but whatever but then he adds this hop off the second rope like that's something better but it only makes it stupider...

Ironically, I really like his other finisher, The Last Shot.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    The Panama Sunrise is easily one of the worst moves in WWE. Like, Destroyers are silly enough but whatever but then he adds this hop off the second rope like that's something better but it only makes it stupider...

Ironically, I really like his other finisher, The Last Shot.
    Great minds think alike.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cole needs to add a submission chokehold finisher to his game and call it "The Cole Furnace" or "The Cole Chamber", so he's got something he can get everybody with, no matter what size they are.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Cole needs to add a submission chokehold finisher to his game and call it "The Cole Furnace" or "The Cole Chamber", so he's got something he can get everybody with, no matter what size they are.
    Michael Cole sorta had a “Cole Mine”

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think Adam Cole coming up to the main roster as Michael Cole's son is a good idea.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think Adam Cole coming up to the main roster as Michael Cole's son is a good idea.
    “Two Cole”

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    goodbye cole.. id stay far away from the main roster..

go be a ghost with the elite

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have him hit either Lashley or Reigns with the Panama Sunrise. That would be the best and the worst thing at the same time.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... many... factions.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Factions are dope

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How dope would an NXT Trios division be?

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening tag was fine for what it was, more about the post-match stuff to set-up the eventual six-man. Like I said last week, Top Dolla is fun to watch, he does basic shit but with so much personality.

JIRO! Jiro's my dude, happy to see him again. Crowd seems to love him and was pretty pissed with the disrespect of the jacket. Holland is alright, I dig the pounce and the front tiger suplex has been a favorite move of mine since I first saw Gangrel do one. If y'all are gonna claim you're king of the badasses, hopefully Dunne gets set after the NXT title once Joe takes it from Kross (and there certainly have been seeds planted for that).

Strong vs. Fish was boring as hell. I was hoping Fish might be the UE guy I got into post-break-up but so far, nothing to latch onto.

Grimes/Knight vs. GYV was fun for its antics and Grimey going hard in a goddamn baggy suit. That double 'rana was dope. Still doesn't make sense why Grimes can't just say "fuck you" and walk away from the butler role. Being a man of your word is one thing but c'mon, you can't contradict your morals with your better morals.

Great bit from Dakota Kai.

Breakout Tourny match was nothing special. I do not care for Baxter, his "All Heart" thing is corny and generic and he looks like a bit of a goob. Gacy looks cool but didn't do anything that caught my attention.

Stark/Shirai segment was fun if a little cheesy. But I dig that they're developing some character with it.

Main event was fun as hell and obviously an edge of your seater for me. Loved Vic's LOVE HER! and LEAVE HER! with every pin attempt. When Indi came out I started to worry she might turn on Dex with the classic wrestling swerve. Dex was busting out some new shit which was rad, shame the commentators didn't underline that he did Indi's springboard elbow (just like they didn't underline she did Silence a few weeks ago). I legit thought it was done when Johnny won and that we'd end on sad Indi and sad Dexter...so when she ran down and they got to smooching, I marked out pretty hard. Fantastic stuff. LOVE CONQUERS ALL. #InDex Now NXT's true Power Couple can rule the brand, baby.
    Last edited by mth; August 4th, 2021 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

I know this post is a few days old, but I don’t come in this thread so I’m late tit he party.

adam Cole and his destroyers are actually the reason I stopped watching NXT. I always liked Adam Cole in ROH, he seemed to be one guy who knew how to restrain himself and pace his matches well.

then there was that fucking match where he won the title. I was there live for that and I just remember him hitting like 6 Canadian destroyers and not winning and I just like…noped the fuck outta there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I know this post is a few days old, but I don’t come in this thread so I’m late tit he party.

adam Cole and his destroyers are actually the reason I stopped watching NXT. I always liked Adam Cole in ROH, he seemed to be one guy who knew how to restrain himself and pace his matches well.

then there was that fucking match where he won the title. I was there live for that and I just remember him hitting like 6 Canadian destroyers and not winning and I just like…noped the fuck outta there.
    I'm not saying I have an eye for talent but I remember seeing Future Shock for the first time and thinking you know what, that long haired son of John Morrison with the midget limbs is going to be a guy they push. My thoughts were cemented when Matt Hardy and Cole started feuding.

I've just never been a fan and he's actually someone I struggle to understand why he's held to such a high standard.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like Adam Cole a lot. I really enjoyed his work in ROH once he found a personality (aka when he joined the BC)

I liked his early NXT stuff too, but I dunno, that title match, I don’t even remember who he beat. That match just completely fucked me up and made me dislike NXT Cole.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Cole would be a perfect fit for AEW. You all can chant BOOM together. I wonder what gang sign he'll come up with when he forms the new stable UE.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    https://www.pwinsider.com/article/14...dated.html?p=1
    As Dave Scherer and I discussed on the We Don't Need No Name Show this week, there has been lots of talk internally of major changes for the NXT brand including a new logo, new lighting, a focus on younger talents and a different format to the TV shows. This housecleaning tonight appears to be part of those changes.
    Didn't they get rid of a lot of the younger talent? I'd never even heard some of the names until today.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    https://www.pwinsider.com/article/14...dated.html?p=1

Didn't they get rid of a lot of the younger talent? I'd never even heard some of the names until today.
    Most of them were 30-plus in terms of age. Ruff and Atlas would be the notable exceptions.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    30 seems like a weird cut off.

How many people under 30 are really good wrestlers?

Raquel Gonzalez is 30. I guess her days are numbered.

Who on the roster is even under 30 right now? Everyone whose wiki I look up is 30 or older.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    30 seems like a weird cut off.

How many people under 30 are really good wrestlers?

Raquel Gonzalez is 30. I guess her days are numbered.

Who on the roster is even under 30 right now? Everyone whose wiki I look up is 30 or older.
    I just brought up a number lol *shrug*. It, the age, probably is a number that matters if NXT is going to remade into more of an actual developmental brand.
    For comparison, guys like Ruff, Atlas, Dunne, Bate, MSK, Theory, A-Kid, Dragunov are all in their mid to late 20s and have show enough to be valuable.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will be very interesting to see how the media and Triple H handle the presser next week prior to Takeover.

Bálor commented last week that he'd actually be down for a third run in NXT.

"NXT is hard to even put into words. For a long time, European wrestling was my home. Then, I spent so much time in Japan that I really felt like Japan was my home and even if I left, I would return to Japan and finish my career there. Then, I encountered NXT and what it is and the camaraderie in the group of performers. NXT became something that was in my heart.

"I used to think that other things in my career would mean more and the two times in NXT, for different reasons, have been two of the most beautiful periods in my career. Personally and professionally. I feel like I've grown so much in NXT and I feel part of the team. I bond with the guys that are there. Not only the guys in the ring but the staff behind the scenes, the producers, the trainers. Something that I really feel attached to and feel passionate about. I've had two runs there and hopefully, in the future, there will be a third."
    Might not happen at this rate.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think it will and he's better off on Smackdown as long as he's actually having good matches and not sitting in catering.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm curious to see what happens on NXT tonight. If anything. Maybe they wait til after Takeover for the reboot or whatever.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious to see what happens on NXT tonight. If anything. Maybe they wait til after Takeover for the reboot or whatever.
    Has anyone in the WWE confirmed there is going to be this massive reboot? I mean, they didn't release any older talent other than Mercedes and by WWE standards a 40 year old woman might as well be 100.

I wonder if NXT itself will focus on younger talent, or newer non-established talent I should say, and if they bring in some established guys maybe they go through NXT the same ADR did or Daniel Bryan and CM Punk to get acclimated to how working on tv really is compared to youtube or Twitch.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've had two weeks to book this show since the previous two were taped. Would imagine they're not suddenly shifting gears before Takeover.

Like I mentioned earlier, I'm much more interested to hear how Triple H addresses this in his Pre-Takeover Phone Presser next week.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the supposed comment "no more midgets" (A lot of wrasslin fans sure do hate when dudes under 5'7" are called that) or the shift from "older talent"? I'm still not even sure what that even means. NXT doesn't exactly have a bunch of old dudes down there as it is. Most are probably in their 20's, early 30's, and those in their early 30's seem to have been there for a bit like Gargano who's only 33.

And again...what is anyone basing this on? Did WWE ever mention NXT was going to do all this negative shit people keep rambling about that didn't come out until these turds were recently released?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Meltzer, I think. Seems like it's going back to being developmental and abandoning any idea of being a 3rd brand.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    36 is going to be fucking awesome.

Meltzer, I think. Seems like it's going back to being developmental and abandoning any idea of being a 3rd brand.
    Good. I think NXT was more beloved when it was the silent 3rd brand. I'm not even negative to them attempting to evolve the brand into something bigger because they had every right to do so because of how much buzz NXT was getting. But we have no idea if what Meltzer put out there is even remotely close to the truth. The truth is probably buried somewhere in there i.e. new set up lol. We'll get a stage that rotates or something weird.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For whatever it is worth, PW Insider is where I saw it first.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarray/Dakota was damn good. Real aggressive and intense with some rad moves and counters from both. Nice win for Dakota going into the title match. Kind of dumb to have Raquel "break her silence" by just stating what we already know, they have a match at TakeOver.

Holy shit what's wrong with Ted DiBiase? Everything just screeched to a halt when he came out and it seemed like once again he was forgetting his lines the whole time. Jesus that was rough. But the storyline's still engaging and the stip is interesting.

Ok, Dolan impressed me her more than she has prior. Seemed to be showing more personality and her in ring seemed more on point. Finisher was cool as hell. I ddin't even pick up on the roses and Mandy Rose connection but yeah, maybe she's putting a group together here. I am intrigued.

Man, you could just replay Cole/KOR dialogue from the build of their previous matches and play it back here. Yawn. KOR still sounds so rehearsed and unconvincing on the mic. A cage match for the third fall seems pretty anticlimactic, I was expecting it to be a Loser Leaves NXT stip so Cole could go on the RAW or SD. I kind of hope this match is closing TakeOver so I can just turn off the show and not have to figure out how I'm going to get (skip) through it.

Damn, these Breakout tourny matches are quick affairs. Not mad a bout it here as I dig Jones, and so does the NXT universe it seems, and Baxter's nothing special to me at this point. I'm going with Jones to win the whole thing.

Xia conspicuous in her absence. Nice to see Boa get some spotlight though he didn't really do anything too attention grabbing but he was fine. Interesting to see Mai Ying up out of the chair but then it was just the same old smoke we've seen but it seems like we could be getting closer to her getting in the ring perhaps?

InDex date stuff was all a goofy good time. While the ending was totes adorbz I was kind of hoping for something a bit more escalated as I was hoping we'd be seeing an InDex vs. Johnny/Candace match getting set up but maybe that'll happen next week.

I'm pretty amped for Kross/Joe because I fucking love Joe. Speaking of "fucking" good line from Joe with the swear in there.

Right, so Dragunov can talk pretty well. Good promo. And I really enjoy his wrestling, great style and cool moves. But man does he have a big weird head. I don't know if he should grow a beard or what but I can't fully invest with that goofy mug on him. Match was a damn banger, though, really good stuff and I was predicting the Walter appearance but thought maybe he'd just waflle the both of them and I was surprised Dunne just walked away rather than pointing at the NXT UK title. Thought maybe we were setting up a triple threat here but Dunne did not seem to give a damn about the belt. Kind of cool that they're giving the UK title match this much spotlight.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarray/Dakota was damn good. Real aggressive and intense with some rad moves and counters from both. Nice win for Dakota going into the title match. Kind of dumb to have Raquel "break her silence" by just stating what we already know, they have a match at TakeOver.

Holy shit what's wrong with Ted DiBiase? Everything just screeched to a halt when he came out and it seemed like once again he was forgetting his lines the whole time. Jesus that was rough. But the storyline's still engaging and the stip is interesting.

Ok, Dolan impressed me her more than she has prior. Seemed to be showing more personality and her in ring seemed more on point. Finisher was cool as hell. I ddin't even pick up on the roses and Mandy Rose connection but yeah, maybe she's putting a group together here. I am intrigued.

Man, you could just replay Cole/KOR dialogue from the build of their previous matches and play it back here. Yawn. KOR still sounds so rehearsed and unconvincing on the mic. A cage match for the third fall seems pretty anticlimactic, I was expecting it to be a Loser Leaves NXT stip so Cole could go on the RAW or SD. I kind of hope this match is closing TakeOver so I can just turn off the show and not have to figure out how I'm going to get (skip) through it.

Damn, these Breakout tourny matches are quick affairs. Not mad a bout it here as I dig Jones, and so does the NXT universe it seems, and Baxter's nothing special to me at this point. I'm going with Jones to win the whole thing.

Xia conspicuous in her absence. Nice to see Boa get some spotlight though he didn't really do anything too attention grabbing but he was fine. Interesting to see Mai Ying up out of the chair but then it was just the same old smoke we've seen but it seems like we could be getting closer to her getting in the ring perhaps?

InDex date stuff was all a goofy good time. While the ending was totes adorbz I was kind of hoping for something a bit more escalated as I was hoping we'd be seeing an InDex vs. Johnny/Candace match getting set up but maybe that'll happen next week.

I'm pretty amped for Kross/Joe because I fucking love Joe. Speaking of "fucking" good line from Joe with the swear in there.

Right, so Dragunov can talk pretty well. Good promo. And I really enjoy his wrestling, great style and cool moves. But man does he have a big weird head. I don't know if he should grow a beard or what but I can't fully invest with that goofy mug on him. Match was a damn banger, though, really good stuff and I was predicting the Walter appearance but thought maybe he'd just waflle the both of them and I was surprised Dunne just walked away rather than pointing at the NXT UK title. Thought maybe we were setting up a triple threat here but Dunne did not seem to give a damn about the belt. Kind of cool that they're giving the UK title match this much spotlight.
    I read this and now I'm going to cosplay as Richard Masur in the movie IT. Someone draw me a bath.....

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Not watched the past 3 or 4 weeks, but seems like this week was bookended by 2 matches I should check out, especially as I'm such a fan of both Dunne and Dragunov.

TakeOver I will obviously watch. Eager to see everything, barring Cole and O'Reilly.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If they were canning anyone over 30 why are Lumis and LA Knight still there

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Height.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Regal's gotta be pushing 40 as well yeah?

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Cuz they're awesome.

Like two thirds of the roster is 30 or over.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    And Regal's gotta be pushing 40 as well yeah?
    I hope this is a joke

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I hope this is a joke
    I didn't respond because I was pretty sure it was.

More releases are bound to happen if they're really set on this new direction, that doesn't mean they all need to happen at once though.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Regal is 53

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every release from NXT will now be under the microscope and reality won't be a factor when the outrage hits.

The reality that not everyone will make it.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nothing's guaranteed in life. Just because WWE is making record profits doesn't mean they have to keep you on board.

Only thing that sucks is that WWE can terminate you, but you can't terminate WWE. It's like, if you really didn't want Bronson Reed anymore, wait until his contract runs out. You both signed it so stick to it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing guaranteed in life... is life.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing's guaranteed in life. Just because WWE is making record profits doesn't mean they have to keep you on board.

Only thing that sucks is that WWE can terminate you, but you can't terminate WWE. It's like, if you really didn't want Bronson Reed anymore, wait until his contract runs out. You both signed it so stick to it.
    Who's to say if Bronson Reed wanted to leave they wouldn't have granted him his release? But I do get what you're saying.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    The only thing guaranteed in life... is life.
    Death.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Death.
    The Immortal Hulk Hogan begs to differ.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Death.
    Beat me to it.
    The Immortal Hulk Hogan begs to differ.
    False advertising.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Candace LeRae is pregnant...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Candace LeRae is pregnant...
    I'm really happy for them. Do you think WWE would release a pregnant lady?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austin and Indi get to be a big brother and sister!!

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhetorical question?

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Austin and Indi get to be a big brother and sister!!
    I was going to say they got to work replacing Austin pretty quickly.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to say they got to work replacing Austin pretty quickly.
    Or they knew he wasn't long for the family and decided they knew Indi was going to be a tough task to wrangle in with Lumis, so they wanted another child lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #NeverForget

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    #NeverForget

Is that Francine?

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dawn marie

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Francine?
    Dawn Marie. They fired her while she was on maternity during her pregnancy. It was actually a pretty big story when it hit and this also could've been around the same time Test was fired while out with a broken neck.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I thought Bert was joking and referencing Dawn Marie. Didn't they just release Maria Kanellis while she was pregnant, too?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I kind of like Dragunov. He comes across as a bit of a doofus with his facials and big ol' head and the conducting during his entrance but I think that's starting to charm me and as I've said, I think in-ring he's pretty great so yeah, I'm getting on board. Not getting on board with Diamond Mine, though, and I'm hoping they recruit more members soon to make up for losing Rust and to become more interesting. Is the Japanese dude whose name I haven't figured out yet (keeps sounding like they're calling him Hatchet Man like the ICP thing which I know is wrong) ever going to wrestle? Oh yeah, and quite the blood from Dragunov there, not sure what busted him up.

Hit Row/Legado stuff was very good but I wasn't keen on the multiple camera shots as it felt too produced and took away from the grit of a parking lot fight. Wonder if Legado might recruit someone like that masked lucha chick in NXT (she was on RAW with Sin Cara for maybe two weeks) to even the numbers after B-Fab got physical?

I really don't care for Josh Briggs. Impressed to see them do that moonsault/crossbody thing Grimes does. Crowd is super into this angle as they're super into Knight and Grimes, both dudes seem over as hell. Glad it seemed Ted didn't forget his lines this week.

OHMYGOD. The mixed-tag with InDex vs. Stone/Kimea was EVERYTHING. Good god, what a fun time. Loved Indi imitating Dexter, loved Stone's antics and the big whiffing dive. Everyone and everything was on fucking point. And damn did InDex escalate quickly with a proposal already! I thought Beth was giving her condoms and that the "next level" was banging so yeah, the proposal was pretty shocking. Very curious how soon the wedding will be and what kind of madness we can expect there. The eyeball ring was a brilliant touch. And yeah, that "pie" bit was hilarious.

Raquel/Dakota interview thing was fine. Nice that they seemed to cut each other off and mutter under their breath, etc., made it feel a lot more natural.

Hayes/Hudson was pretty decent and I definitely felt like it could've gone either way. I'm glad Hayes won as I prefer him. I am starting to see upside in Hudson, though. Could see Hayes or Jones winning so pretty hyped for the finale.

Tag title match was fine. Thought Imperium might actually get it done, especially when Walter came out. Stuff with Dragunov and Walter and whatnot was all fine for hyping the UK Title match.

Kross/Joe confrontation wasn't much to talk about. Mic work was fine, the brawl was fine though it seemed like the two big barrier breaking spots were done in slow motion rather than at full tilt speed, came off a little clunky and staged because of it. Still seemed to sell it for the crowd, though, so whatever, I guess, they were hot. Funny how the rumors are that NXT is supposedly going younger and yet it seemed likely ol' Joe's gonna become the next champ.
    Last edited by mth; August 18th, 2021 at 12:33 AM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hope someone makes a GIF of that Stone Dive.

Shocked in a good way that they are setting an Index wedding this early. Should be great comedy.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT does more in two hours than Raw does with three. The main shows, with a couple exceptions, seem so flat. Last night NXT was fantastic.

Still not getting into Diamond Mine. Adding someone like Hudson from the breakout tournament would be ok. He seems like a Barrett lite, hopefully he doesn't have the same fragility as the guy. Hudson could benefit from a mouthpiece, and Strong could benefit from not being the only wrestler in the group as of now. For all the weeks of hype, release Rust... it looks pretty sad. But NXT has so many groups, this one just gets easily lost.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ariel Helwani interviewed WWE President and Chief Revenue Officer Nick Khan and a big part of it revolved around the "revamp" of NXT.

"We're doing a complete revamp on NXT, led by Triple H, Paul Levesque, who is really one of the architects of the original NXT," said Khan said. Khan, who said is very good friends with Triple H, continued: "In terms of an NXT rebrand, look for it in the next couple of weeks. It's gonna have a whole new look, it's gonna have a whole new feel."

"So what we found, it's part of why we did the tryout [Las Vegas tryout on Friday], what we want to make sure is it's easy for folks who want to be WWE superstars figuring out how to be WWE superstars," said Khan. "If you think of the life of an elevated athlete throughout their career, the opportunity to go play somewhere has always been easy, being able to play somewhere is not. That's what's hard. If you're an amazing high school football player, colleges come after you, you get recruited, you go into their system, and either you make it or you don't make it. All that it takes to get there? Difficult. The system? Not difficult. We want our system to be an easy system where people who want to be superstars know how to get to us and we can get to them."

That revamp is going to change the purpose of NXT. "What we believe, because of lot of the 'indie wrestlers' if you will have come through our system and are in our system with SmackDown and Raw now, we don't want to just keep doing that same thing," said Khan. "We want to look elsewhere for great young talent."

Basically, they're no longer looking for the hot stars on the Indies and they're looking startup performers so they can mold them into WWE performers.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; August 22nd, 2021 at 5:12 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ariel Helwani interviewed WWE President and Chief Revenue Officer Nick Khan and a big part of it revolved around the "revamp" of NXT.

"We're doing a complete revamp on NXT, led by Triple H, Paul Levesque, who is really one of the architects of the original NXT," said Khan said. Khan, who said is very good friends with Triple H, continued: "In terms of an NXT rebrand, look for it in the next couple of weeks. It's gonna have a whole new look, it's gonna have a whole new feel."

"So what we found, it's part of why we did the tryout [Las Vegas tryout on Friday], what we want to make sure is it's easy for folks who want to be WWE superstars figuring out how to be WWE superstars," said Khan. "If you think of the life of an elevated athlete throughout their career, the opportunity to go play somewhere has always been easy, being able to play somewhere is not. That's what's hard. If you're an amazing high school football player, colleges come after you, you get recruited, you go into their system, and either you make it or you don't make it. All that it takes to get there? Difficult. The system? Not difficult. We want our system to be an easy system where people who want to be superstars know how to get to us and we can get to them."

That revamp is going to change the purpose of NXT. "What we believe, because of lot of the 'indie wrestlers' if you will have come through our system and are in our system with SmackDown and Raw now, we don't want to just keep doing that same thing," said Khan. "We want to look elsewhere for great young talent."

Basically, they're no longer looking for the hot stars on the Indies and they're looking startup performers so they can mold them into WWE performers.
    He said they don't want to just keep doing that same thing--which is funny because they've always had a mix of "indie" talent and people who were from other sports or were built from the ground up.

And as it's been pointed out, going back to The Rock, it's hard to deny the fact that the WWE has and will continue to produce legit homegrown talent that goes beyond the wrestling bubble. That's not to say they haven't found success with people like Punk, Bryan, AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, etc. over the last 20 years but there are a lot of people who misunderstand the intentions here. The best developmental territory was OVW, hands down, the proof is there. Mix it up, I highly doubt they're never going to sign anyone that isn't 100% homegrown, that'd be dumb. They might just not put too much focus on them in NXT and put them on the main roster depending on the talent. If they signed MJF I doubt he'd be going to NXT.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    walter/dragunov ending was beautiful.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    walter/dragunov ending was beautiful.
    Incredible story told at the end. Should've ended the show really

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Potentially a swan song for NXT as we know it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Instantly went on sale, that says it all (elite).

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edge, McIntyre, and Reigns must be gone too lol.
    Not saying you're wrong, but PPV weekend means stuff goes on sale.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Edge, McIntyre, and Reigns must be gone too lol.
    Not saying you're wrong, but PPV weekend means stuff goes on sale.
    Fightful and PWInsider are also saying he didn't re-sign, but I posted that in the AEW thread. Young Bucks put up a new bio about infamous seances and he was killed off on BTE. Britt Baker retweeted it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fightful and PWInsider are also saying he didn't re-sign, but I posted that in the AEW thread. Young Bucks put up a new bio about infamous seances and he was killed off on BTE. Britt Baker retweeted it.
    I saw your post lol. Maybe I misread but PW Insider said they confirmed he was done with NXT but didn't have anything else. Just seems like the journos are covering their butts right now but hard to ignore the AEW messages lol. Just was calling out the shirt stuff as a dead giveaway lol.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see the pre-show match but @BGMaverick, far as I've know, they've been building Holland/Thatcher for a couple of weeks now.

Grimes/Knight was fine for the in-ring action and good for the story. Dudes are both really over. Have to admit, i wanted Ted to become Knight's butler but Grimey getting the big win is fine. Dude's come a long way from getting nuclear heat to one of the most beloved babyfaces on the roster.

Gonzalez/Kai was terrific. The intensity and emotion were there, Dakota was bumping her ass off (she's so good at everything) and a nice big finish. Hope if she gets called up it's to RAW and she gets in the title scene ASAP. Was not expecting KLR but she's a welcome addition to the scene.

Walter/Dragunov lived up to the hype. Goddamn what a war. Had a feeling Dragunov was going to get it done. I'm definitely sold on Dragunov at this point even with his big weird head.

Did not watch Cole/KOR.

Kross/Joe was decent enough. Joe seemed pretty on point but I thought, if anything, Kross was the one bringing things down. I just don't think he's that great. Super happy Joe won.

They've been having a t-shirt sale all weekend, it means nothing, they do these sales every major PPV.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see the pre-show match but @BGMaverick, far as I've know, they've been building Holland/Thatcher for a couple of weeks now.
    Unless I misheard him, Holland called out Ciampa Tuesday. Very possible I heard it wrong lol

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Does Walter jump to one of RAW/SmackDown? Or does he stay in Europe and keep working the indy scenes there?

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless I misheard him, Holland called out Ciampa Tuesday. Very possible I heard it wrong lol
    You very much did...

C'mon, BG, get your head in the game!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did...
    Nobody bats 1000 lol. Thanks.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see Walter more regularly either on NXT with Imperium or one of the main show though it depends on if he’s still reluctant to live in the States. Guess we’ll wait and see.

Anyway absolutely superb match!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, Walter is the best in-ring performer today. AJ Styles is a close 2nd but Walter....everything he does, incredible.

Him and Drago had the match of the year. Their previous fight was in the same conversation, in front of nobody. Incredible performance from both wrestlers.

I also want to say this...Kind of kills the rumors that NXT is just going to be about young, non-indie talent when the champion is now a 45 year old god of the indies from back in the day.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    IMO, Walter is the best in-ring performer today. AJ Styles is a close 2nd but Walter....everything he does, incredible.

Him and Drago had the match of the year. Their previous fight was in the same conversation, in front of nobody. Incredible performance from both wrestlers.

I also want to say this...Kind of kills the rumors that NXT is just going to be about young, non-indie talent when the champion is now a 45 year old god of the indies from back in the day.
    Not really. That comes from "big pussy" Nick Khan himself.
    https://www.sescoops.com/2021/08/nic...die-wrestlers/

Mickie James called him that, and it fits.
    https://twitter.com/MickieJames/stat...845858306?s=19