Results 20,101 to 20,136 of 20136

Thread: The NXT Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Nash knows me too well from the Derailing Argument Thread and caught me out so may as we’ll get it over with.

Everyone stop!
    Hey everyone look it's Badger he needs attention!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Hey everyone look it's Badger he needs attention!

Called your stupid bluff to make a point.

In on-topic news in response to Murph, yeah small point which Wade could have clarified but the big picture is he can’t win against top opposition so can easily be overlooked.

I actually think Theory possibly usurping Cole as the leader of UE could actually be a decent storyline. Like Rock/Faarooq lite.

Regardless Theory has something but needs other people or something to spark it alight. His debut against Strong was pretty impressive and though he fucked up a bit sense with the suspension, there’s clearly something there.

Also strongly in favour of the Power Couple holding the gold. Shirai can always challenge for it back then go on to feud with Storm, Moon etc. Priest as talented as he is still lacks personality and his “party guy” attitude after matches does not come across as natural.
    Last edited by Badger; October 16th, 2020 at 4:16 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Claims to be on topic by bringing in a comment from the DERAILED ARGUMENT MEGATHREAD. Kind of assbackwards.

And it was hyperbole you wrestling genius.

And making a giant post out of nowhere about NXT doesn't mean anything.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Claims to be on topic by bringing in a comment from the DERAILED ARGUMENT MEGATHREAD. Kind of assbackwards.

And it was hyperbole you wrestling genius.

And making a giant post out of nowhere about NXT doesn't mean anything.

The first line was hyperbole mocking your hyperbole. The meaty meaningful part was in response to Murphy.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quit trying to derail the NXT thread.

Especially with trying to attempt a Nash-style post. Stick to the one sentence commentary.

Back on topic.

The midcard for NXT is struggling hard. Dexter, Grimes, Theory, etc. just not feeling it. Priest isn't horrible but if that's the guy leading the midcard, yeah that's weak.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nosh Diesel is sorry for trying to copy you. I’m hoping (or not) Mazer does that to me again.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nosh Diesel is sorry for trying to copy you. I’m hoping (or not) Mazer does that to me again.
    LOL Nosh Diesel man that was so fucking clever. Don't you have an afterparty to go to where they can celebrate your greatness?

Maybe you and Damien Priest can kick with Jericho in the hottub.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Nosh Diesel man that was so fucking clever. Don't you have an afterparty to go to where they can celebrate your greatness?

Maybe you and Damien Priest can kick with Jericho in the hottub.
    Only if it’s full of Mimosa.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Nash Diesel, curious who your favorite NXT folks are, if any?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Pete Dunne has gotten himself into amazing shape, by the way.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Melly got me a Cameo from Dexter Lumis for my birthday and I am dead.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    @Nash Diesel, curious who your favorite NXT folks are, if any?
    Thankfully you asked for more than one.

Right now:
    Io Shirai
    Balor
    Velveteen Dream
    Kushida
    Tomaso
    Jake Atlas
    Dakota Kai and Raquel
    Fashion Police
    Imperium

I wish the tag scene was better. I'd like Gargano and Candace more if they weren't heels, just not feeling the heel run. But yeah I'd say those are my FAVORITES. There are some who I'm cool with that aren't exactly "favorites" and others I just don't care about at all.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Adam Cole baybay

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thankfully you asked for more than one.

Right now:
    Io Shirai
    Balor
    Velveteen Dream
    Kushida
    Tomaso
    Jake Atlas
    Dakota Kai and Raquel
    Fashion Police
    Imperium

I wish the tag scene was better. I'd like Gargano and Candace more if they weren't heels, just not feeling the heel run. But yeah I'd say those are my FAVORITES. There are some who I'm cool with that aren't exactly "favorites" and others I just don't care about at all.
    8 out of 9 of those suck bro

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shout out to Xia Li as well. I knew I'd leave someone out.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're on the same page about a few people then, at least.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANNOUNCED for this week: Dream vs. Kushida vs. Ciampa

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ANNOUNCED for tonight: El Legado de Fantasma vs. Scott/Adonis/Atlas

Should be a banger.

Don't forget the NXT Tag Titles will also be on the line with Breezango vs. Strong/Fish.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong Fish would be a great tag team name

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Strong Fish would be a great tag team name
    How much fish could Strong Fish fry if Strong Fish could fry fish?

I miss the Broserweights. That was the stupidest yet greatest TakeOver promo they ever did.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and @mth, I liked it on FB but welcome as a fellow member to the Cameo club baby! I hope you and Dexter do continue a business relationship where he uses your drawings.

Amazing gift from @Melly
    Last edited by Badger; October 21st, 2020 at 5:01 PM.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and @mth, I liked it on FB but welcome as a fellow member to the Cameo club baby! I hope you and Dexter do continue a business relationship where he uses your drawings.

Amazing gift from @Melly
    Yeah, man, i wish i had a way to show him the drawing I did but I don't use Twitter or Instagram so... Very cool, though. Dude's very reasonably priced so I'll probably get more down the road as long as WWE don't shut it down.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, man, i wish i had a way to show him the drawing I did but I don't use Twitter or Instagram so... Very cool, though. Dude's very reasonably priced so I'll probably get more down the road as long as WWE don't shut it down.
    No harm in trying dude.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely worth opening social media accounts just for this if that’s the easiest way you can send them to him.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh this racist pedo is still employed? #firevelveteendream.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least velveeta cheese lost.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Johnny/Candace vid on FB taking spins on a wheel.

Johnny doing a kick spouting at Candace saying “I hate you!” tickles me.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So the opener felt like a rematch of Ciampa vs. Kushida with breaks for both of them to whoop up on Dream. I think the way that went down was fan service based on the fact that many people don't want Dream to do anything good on TV. It's a mixed bag though because seeing Dream get his ass kicked makes the audience happy but he's still on TV, which doesn't make the audience happy. Got awfully frantic during the final portion of the match. The result tells me they still have aspirations of pushing Kushida strongly (probably a Takeover title match), and they're looking use Ciampa as a utility weapon with face/heel tendencies based on convenience.

Jesse has some potential but I think she needs a while to get more seasoning. Nice to see Ember build her repertoire up, adding a submission. Dakota attacking afterwards was a good callback, with her being pissed at taking the pin from Ember in the tag match two weeks ago. That match should be good and a nice opportunity to continue elevating Ember. It'll be something, and logical booking, if they do go the route of Ember and Toni both starting at the bottom and eventually building to where they have to cross paths to see who eventually becomes the No. 1 contender.

Shame that they didn't have something better cooked up for Reed and Theory other than just a cold rematch from over a month ago, with the same result (twice, haha). The pop up Samoan Drop looked pretty damn devastating. Reed has certainly lost momentum prior to the NA ladder match, so they need to find something with substance for him. If Theory doesn't mess around, he's clearly going to be a force in NXT. The fact he's got this losing streak mean it's probably going to be impactful when he does beat someone. Both guys have plenty of promise to work off of but the fact they had a post match angle off of Theory, I'm guessing he's going to be the one of the two of them that will be pushed more significantly. Probably has a Zelina/Andrade vibe in as Zelina whipped Andrade into shape, so Theory will have a manager/mentor that gets him on track.
    Choices -
    Tired: Robert Stone
    Wired: Macolm Bivens
    Inspired: The Garganos

The six-man tag was pretty wild. It's wild that Scott had that corkscrew dive off the corner to the outside and none of the three guys braced his fall. My tailbone hurts for him, haha. The Spanish Fly spot to the outside could have gone terribly wrong but I'm glad that it appears to have went off without a hitch. The face side had three guys who are incredibly impressive in their own way. You can make a case for any of the three of them as a guy that's worth giving a notable push with proper character attention and they can deliver. I'm good if it's Atlas for the time being.

Johnny Wheel Hater is hilarious, and the random turns had him buried each time while Candice was put in a position to succeed. Simple humor works.

Congrats on Ever Rise getting their first win in NXT. The Fury and The Furry are getting some steam, despite stacking Ls.

Segway Cole (or anyone cutting promos via tablet and Segway) was humorous. I'm glad they're not abandoning the angle with UE being picked apart. It sucks that Holland is out, but I like that they used this as an opportunity to have a good mystery angle. Strong was taken out in a pretty simple way as was Fish, but I enjoyed how NXT presented the injury update for Fish. It actually felt more like how other sports doing it, cutting in with a report from your backstage correspondent and not just making a forced segment out of it. Hey, they even said hospital.

Kacy/Xia wasn't very sharp but I like how it continued to show the full-on mean streak for Xia. Raquel basically not caring about them and calling out Rhea again was simple enough to set the table for next week. She Devil is a good moniker for her, too.

I don't feel bad for the students of Thatch As Thatch Can. They should know they're in for an ass whooping.

Main event was tough since the build was continuing a whodunit and created an unexpected match. Be that as it may, the match was good but just an underwhelming pairing to work with. Very shocking to see Burch/Lorcan magically turn heel and then have McAfee return. I guess this all could have been the original setup as McAfee hiring Holland, Burch and Lorcan to combat UE. This would make sense as he didn't get UE the first time around so instead of retreating, he's reloading. McAfee was brilliant last time around so I'm definitely interested to see more.

Halloween Havoc looks pretty stacked as a Takeover-lite. Wouldn't be surprised if they go the cinematic route for Lumis/Grimes.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 22nd, 2020 at 12:55 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feel a bit bad for Breezango losing them a bit soon but also happy for Burch/Orcan to get gold because they do deserve it. They do deserve recognition.

Also possible future banter for Creed and Breeze because Creed still has tag gold and Breeze doesn’t (though he still has the UUDD and LRLR belts)!

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening triple threat was pretty good stuff. Happy to see Kushida get the win as I thought Ciampa might snag it. Hoping to see Kushida in the NXT Title picture sooner than later. If Dream's gonna be around, turning him heel and having him get his ass kciked all the time's probably the best option and I have to admit, it is pretty fun to watch.

Was kind of surprised Ember seemed to be acting a bit heelish in her match. Jessi impressed a bit. Nice new finisher for Ember, too, probably a bit gentler on her tailbone than the Eclipse. I'm definitely on board with Ember/Dakota feuding.

Same deal with Theory as with Dream, I'm far from a fan of his anyway, so having him get beat all the time works for me. Plus I love me some Bronson Reed so nice to see him back after a few weeks and getting a pair of wins. Theory quitting is intriguing.

Six-man tag was fun stuff. Holy shit, Adonis is only 19 if I heard correctly?! Nice to see Legado get the win as they've lost a fair bit outside of Escobar's title defenses. Atlas/Escobar should be good if that's where they're going, maybe Swerve/Adonis go after the tag title then.

WHY DOES THIS WHEEL WANT ME DEAD?! The Power Couple is one of the best things going and I love them dearly. Praying to the wrestling gods that they win the titles next week.

As I said before, Maverick/Dain stuff is real predictable/y but I'm still totally hooked.

Xia's heel turn is pretty much confirmed until we find out what the hell the letter from Boa is about which could turn things sympathetic.

Thatcher's thing was fine for what it was, I guess. Feel bad the crowd was getting the opponent's name wrong when they were chanting for him. I assume this might lead to a student one-upping Thatcher at some point?

UE getting taken out throughout the night was interesting as the match being changed up had me immediately thinking something of significance had to be happening. I initially thought it was going to be further the potential break-up of the group and I definitely was not expecting what actually happened. I think it's safe to assume McAfee was behind the Holland attack, as well. On the one hand, I've got to be pleased that I didn't expect McAfee or the heel turn for Burch/Lorcan but on the other hand, I can't say as I'm excited to see more McAfee/UE feuding or more babyface UE or more UE being the primary focus of the show in general.

Oh, also, nice little backstage thing with Grimes/Lumis to set up their match next week though i think it'd have been nice to have had a little more going into it and reasoning for the stip. Also, the stip is a bit concerning as I'm having flashbacks to the House of Horrors match which was atrocious and some of the shittier cinematic matches in recent memory but Grimes and Lumis are both awesome so I'm hoping they'll spin gold out of whatever they're doing. It might just be a "good actors in a bad movie" situation.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McAfee continued to heel it up after the show, calling the CWC dog crap. Praised the success Lorcan and Burch finally achieved after long careers grinding it out. He said tonight was "the start of something very special." Definitely painted a picture that they're a working trio.

Capped it off with, "We're the greatest. You suck." lol.

Six-man tag was fun stuff. Holy shit, Adonis is only 19 if I heard correctly?!
    I think you misheard. I believe he's in his late 20s or early 30s.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; October 22nd, 2020 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not how I would have foreseen it and maybe it does result in more face UE, but Danny and Oney getting a mouthpiece is still all good and ties in nicely. They're not promo guys so getting someone to speak for them without having to join the monopolising Robert Stone Brand is fine.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems everyone is turning. Lots of faces and heels swapping.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I think you misheard. I believe he's in his late 20s or early 30s.
    Makes more sense. I think they said he was signed by WWE in 2019 when they were also mentioning his military career. Can't find a birthday but a quick bit of Googling has him graduating high school in 2008 which puts him around 30, give or take.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes more sense. I think they said he was signed by WWE in 2019 when they were also mentioning his military career. Can't find a birthday but a quick bit of Googling has him graduating high school in 2008 which puts him around 30, give or take.
    He’s good. Still kind of green in some areas but actually advanced in some nuanced areas. He’s a dude to work with, for sure.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And he's a hunk, too.