User Tag List

Page 186 of 229 FirstFirst ... 176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 18,501 to 18,600 of 22880

Thread: The NXT Thread

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Singh Boys and Khali would have made a great Punjab Shield. Khali pretty much has the Reigns roar down though they’d have to make a big chest protector for him.

Doesn’t have to jump for a Superman Punch either, so big he just hits them in mid-air.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Keithly and Kylo Reilly are my favorites.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broserweights are my favorites, especially if it’s at Takeover.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely gnarly opening tag match. Broserweights looked phenomenal together and Webster & Andrews showed out. I imagine face/face tag matches have to be tricky because the hot tag element isn't really there, but those two teams were fantastic. Time Splitters were quite fun, as well. What a night for tag team wrestling in NXT.

Lio Rush has to be the fastest wrestler I've seen in quite some time. That guy is something else. Kind of crazy to think he was Lashley's mouthpiece and felt like Rush was one step away from being completely out of the picture. Think the right guy won with Swerve taking the win. Garza was a mess on commentary, haha. My guess for the two reps for NXT UK will be Devlin and Banks.

Nice to see Kacy back. Crowd definitely was happy to see her. Well-executed battle royal in the sense of fulfilling multiple agendas. Mercerdes looked like a big deal, Dakota/Teagan will be a blood feud, Shotzi was made by getting to eliminate Shayna. All of that, and the finish had some good tension. Fairly surprised Belair won without a ton of momentum in the weeks leading up to this but it should be a good contrast of styles in the match. This also suggests they want to really stall on Io/Rhea, which isn't a bad idea.

Heck of an episode.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; January 16th, 2020 at 1:43 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riddle & Dunne vs. Andrews & Flash Morgan Webster was one of the best tag team matches I've seen in a while.

I don't remember the last "tag team wrestling" chant from the crowd.

brilliant

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opening Dusty tag was absolutely bonkers. Ripping pace, crazy exchanges, excellent tag work, cool-ass double team moves, plenty of nearfalls, just top top notch. Made the other Dusty tag pale by comparison, it was good but not particularly memorable, and I found Shelley to be a bit underwhelming in his debut. The fact that he and Kushida lost was quite a surprise, though.

Great development on the Keith Lee front as well as the DIY reunion.

CW triple threat was also terrific. Rush is just excellent.

Women's battle royal was enjoyable with some great surprises. Wonderful shock to see Kacy back considering all the news was that she was done. Nice to see her working with her BFF Kayden, maybe the two of them can aim for the Women's Tag Titles. Shotzi eliminating Shayna immediately put her on the map. Surprised to see Shayna as I expected her next move to be the Royal Rumble. Nice to see some other new or less often seen folks in there, too. Nice confrontation with Mercedes and Shayna, too, also immediately establishes Mercedes nicely. Surprised Belair won, I assumed Shirai was taking it. With rumblings of Shairai possibly leaving, curious to see if there are bigger things in store (Rumble? RAW/SD?) or if Belair is just a filler before Shirai really gets something cooking in the title picture.

Excellent show.

P.S. WHERE IS DEXTER?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,179,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,006,000 viewers
    Week three: 891,000 viewers
    Week four: 790,000 viewers
    Week five: 714,000 viewers
    Week six: 698,000 viewers
    Week seven: 580,000 viewers
    Week eight: 813,000 viewers
    Week nine: 750,000 viewers
    Week 10: 916,000 (first week to beat AEW)
    Week 11: 810,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 12: 845,000 viewers
    Week 13: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 14: 795,000 viewers (win and win all the demos)
    Week 15: 831,000 viewers (unopposed and Christmas Day)
    Week 16: 548,000 viewers (review and awards show)
    Week 17: 721,000 viewers (not in the top 50 for cable programming for the 18-49 demographic)
    Week 18: 700,000 viewers

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broserweights.

That is all.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I bloody love Mercedes. Every time I see her, she draws me in.

Same as the rest, excellent episode. Battle royals are more often than not, not great. But this one had great pacing, no silly eliminations and plenty of little stories going on.

A bit underwhelming, but great to see Shelley in WWE. Watching him in ROH and TNA in 2005/6, I thought he was going to be a major star.

Opening Dusty Classic match was indeed quite bonkers. Pete Dunne is doing that little shrug of his a little too much, as tends to happen in WWE, but I love him and Riddle. Absolute fire. Andrews and Webster really irritate me, but they're bloody good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post

P.S. WHERE IS DEXTER?
    Just saw this and thought you'd like to know...he's doing Evolve this weekend.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see him get out the lab.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Just saw this and thought you'd like to know...he's doing Evolve this weekend.
    Thanks, I am aware. I'm kind of creeping on the creepy guy. I check his Twitter/Instagam everyday.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both tag matches were great. Love the Broserweights team up and Andrews/Webster are always fun.

Battle royals are typically a bit of a mess but this one was well done. Either continued or kickstarted a lot of little things.

Interesting that Timesplitters lost. I do like the idea of well known indie guys coming in for short runs, really helps put over WWE via NXT being the pinnacle of it all.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Nice to see him get out the lab.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely didn't expect to see TimeSplitters do the job. But it would have left an uneven semi-finals with 3 NXT and 1 NXT UK team so it made sense on that end as to why the "Grizzled Young (yet super old looking) Veterans" won.

I'm pulling for Dunne and Riddle. They had some seriously impressive tag-team moves.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Definitely didn't expect to see TimeSplitters do the job. But it would have left an uneven semi-finals with 3 NXT and 1 NXT UK team so it made sense on that end as to why the "Grizzled Young (yet super old looking) Veterans" won.

I'm pulling for Dunne and Riddle. They had some seriously impressive tag-team moves.
    The result felt like too much of a service to provide interest for Worlds Collide. I don't hate the idea of doing that, but I'm not overly enthused by it either. I doubt The Time Splitters will be a one and done act. In fact, I'd be quite shocked if they were. Kushida needs something of substance and there's an opening for more acts in the tag division. I wouldn't be surprised to see them versus UE for the titles at some point in the next 3-4 months.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The result felt like too much of a service to provide interest for Worlds Collide. I don't hate the idea of doing that, but I'm not overly enthused by it either. I doubt The Time Splitters will be a one and done act. In fact, I'd be quite shocked if they were. Kushida needs something of substance and there's an opening for more acts in the tag division. I wouldn't be surprised to see them versus UE for the titles at some point in the next 3-4 months.
    Yeah I basically took the loss and said, well, they know these guys are going to be around more and it's not the end all be all to win the DRC. NXT needs some vibrant tag-teams, they need to get rid of teams like the Forgotten Sons that are not over at all.

I also read Neese and Kanellis were teaming up now, could be a real positive for those 2 if it's legit. If Maria was able, shit that would be a solid trio.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I basically took the loss and said, well, they know these guys are going to be around more and it's not the end all be all to win the DRC. NXT needs some vibrant tag-teams, they need to get rid of teams like the Forgotten Sons that are not over at all.

I also read Neese and Kanellis were teaming up now, could be a real positive for those 2 if it's legit. If Maria was able, shit that would be a solid trio.

As soon as Liv Morgan is revealed as the real father, she'll be back.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    As soon as Liv Morgan is revealed as the real father, she'll be back.
    Scissor me Timbers

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Tony Nese should be the face of NXT, not in some lame tag team. He's a lot less injury prone than Gargano, Balor, or Ciampa. Please Triple H, set up an Adam Cole/Tony Nese title program.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Tony Nese should be the face of NXT, not in some lame tag team. He's a lot less injury prone than Gargano, Balor, or Ciampa. Please Triple H, set up an Adam Cole/Tony Nese title program.
    The problem with Tony is that we see of him sucks lol. He can wrestle sure, he's in shape. But he talks and it's like, w hat the fuck? Like that movie Grown Ups where the lifeguard all buffed up has the voice of a 2 year old on helium. I'm not sure what they saw in Tony to sign him. I vaguely remember he was in TNA and was almost the same, no promo, just had great abs but I could be mistaken. Even when he won the CW title I was like, why?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My Tony Nese manlove has blinded me to any of his shortcomings.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I wonder if Donald picks his favorites by throwing darts at a list of the roster.

NXT is the only weekly show I watch but a Nese/Cole feud might be able to stop that. Battle of who can be more generic.

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adam Cole instantly kills my desire to watch wrestling any time he appears on my screen. He's boring and he looks weird as hell. He's proportioned like a dwarf except he's an average sized person.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Zero View Post
    Adam Cole instantly kills my desire to watch wrestling any time he appears on my screen. He's boring and he looks weird as hell. He's proportioned like a dwarf except he's an average sized person.
    This reads exactly like what my 18 year old son would say about Adam Cole. Probably my fault, I've found the dude super generic since his tag-team days in ROH with Hollywood Kyle Hogan. Adam Cole is what you find in the PWI 500 back in 2004 in the way back with Sexxxy Eddie and JC Ice hitting that #498 spot lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a lot of people think he's great and that's wonderful, but I just don't get it. He's so damn generic and literally everything about his persona is ripped off from someone else who did this shtick way better than he does. Hell, the entire Undisputed Era does absolutely nothing for me. They're all so boring. I do love watching Roderick Strong wrestle, though. So at least there's that.

Undisputed Era = the kids I went to junior high with who pretended to be the NWO at recess.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like the boom thing Adam Cole does but even the Great Khali could make that look good. Apart from that he doesn't do much

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a lot of people think he's great and that's wonderful, but I just don't get it. He's so damn generic and literally everything about his persona is ripped off from someone else who did this shtick way better than he does. Hell, the entire Undisputed Era does absolutely nothing for me. They're all so boring. I do love watching Roderick Strong wrestle, though. So at least there's that.

Undisputed Era = the kids I went to junior high with who pretended to be the NWO at recess.
    I want to be your best friend.

That last line I would alter it to say "The kids who pretended they knew what the NWO was at recess" lol.

But yeah, I get he's popular in some circles and the UE is popular in some circles but I'm not there. I can appreciate the talent but I can also appreciate the talent of the guy who plays guitar for Miley Cyrus, doesn't mean I have to like the shit lol.

I like the boom thing Adam Cole does but even the Great Khali could make that look good. Apart from that he doesn't do much
    LOL

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will admit though that I also don't feel like I can give Cole an objective shot to really draw me in and get me truly invested in him. It's completely irrational. The way he looks is too strange to me. I don't know what feature it is of his that does it, but he looks like a giant dwarf. I think I've narrowed it down to his thicc thighs and his hairline, but it could also just be the total package because he's got short little arms too. I've thought way too much about this, and I totally recognize that it's weird.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will admit though that I also don't feel like I can give Cole an objective shot to really draw me in and get me truly invested in him. It's completely irrational. The way he looks is too strange to me. I don't know what feature it is of his that does it, but he looks like a giant dwarf. I think I've narrowed it down to his thicc thighs and his hairline, but it could also just be the total package because he's got short little arms too. I've thought way too much about this, and I totally recognize that it's weird.
    Naw man I've been saying the same shit for years. For me it literally starts with the visual, of anything, and that's how we all are.

Some people get confused and think "oh I like dudes like Braun Strowman he's ugly as fuck!" but it doesn't have to always be a sexual attraction. Some people just look strange. We have quite a few short dudes with big heads, normal sized torsos, and little limbs in my family. I think they're mostly my dad's distant relatives from Scotland so take that for what it's worth.

My son won't even acknowledge a good match the guy has though. I might not be a fan of the guy, but I thought his match with Pete Dunne was stellar, the Takeover War games shit is pretty slick. But honestly, I'm there just thinking, does it have to be Adam Cole? Stealing Heath Slater's catchphrase is the ultimate deal breaker bay bay

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    War Games was dope. He's been in some matches I've enjoyed, but other than him and Pete Dunne none of them were 1:1 matches.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His match with Bryan was good (particularly if you look at the circumstances surrounding the match altogether), same with all of the Gargano matches.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I'll say that Adam Cole is a decent worker and his skills elevate when working really awesome guys who consistently make other mediocre talents look like a million bucks. That's why you see guys working with Daniel Bryan, Gargano, Styles, etc. because those guys can take the Adam Cole's and the Corbin's and those mediocre or less talents and make you go "I can't stand the guy but damn that match with Seth Rollins was tight. That match with DB on Smackdown was good!" But then Adam Cole goes and wrestles someone like Tucker Knight and yeah....weak.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah fuck Tucker Knight

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is it bad, that when I look at the Worlds Collide match listing, I don't know who 8 of the people are? Maybe I should watch and get myself up to date on the WWE product Or maybe I just need to watch NXT UK

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching probably helps

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the minority here, but I enjoy UE. have been a fan of Strong for a while. Consistently delivering on Takeovers.

I usually binge every 3 weeks or so. Maybe if I was watching every week, it would get more stale.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I'm in the minority here, but I enjoy UE. have been a fan of Strong for a while. Consistently delivering on Takeovers.
    Same.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love NXT but I have next to no interest in Cole vs Ciampa

So that kinda sucks, for me

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would think Ciampa will win the feud because he's stated he does not want to be on the main roster, and UE have been around for what, 2 years now? It's about time some, if not all, of them, appear on the main roster. UE vs. Monday Night Messiah would be cool.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's the February title match, with Cole retaining thanks to UE. 'Mania Takeover should be Cole vs. Lee, Cole/O'Reilly vs. DIY, Strong vs. Riddle, Balor vs. Dream and Ripley vs. Shirai.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith Lee is fine and all but I am not into him as the next top guy like some people are. I'd prefer Ciampa be the one to dethrone Cole.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ciampa needs to lose to Cole and have that set up his return to being the top heel. NXT is pretty stacked with "next in line" talent. Keith Lee, Matt Riddle, Pete Dunne, and then there's Velveteen Dream but IDK how long he's out. The negative is there isn't much on the heel side.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh boy...

Toni Storm versus Io Shirai tonight.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That ought to be a dandy.
    Also, NA Title match between Lee and Strong and two more Dusty Classic matches.
    Should be a killer show tonight.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    CM Punk answering Keith Lee when asked who should win the rumble:

https://streamable.com/oey3p

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    CM Punk answering Keith Lee when asked who should win the rumble:

https://streamable.com/oey3p
    Punk is funny but I agree man. Keith Lee winning the Rumble, smart. It's not going to happen. I wish it would be damn what a pick.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Surprised he didn't pick himself

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't get that to play but here's the YouTube clip including Christian and Paige answering, as well, and also them all picking the Women's Rumble winner, too:

Punk is on point about Lee. I'm conflicted about the match tonight because obviously Lee winning is good but if he doesn't, he could/should move on to bigger and better things, as well.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Lee wins tonight. I think you have to execute something big for him or they possibly run the risk of losing the audience with him. The iron isn't boiling hot on him but it's pretty damn hot. Conversely, I think you have to start turning the page with UE. They said their prophecy was centered on them winning all of the gold. They did and they've all had it for a while. I think it's time to turn things and they slowly but surely start to lose their stranglehold of the respective title pictures.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the play here is losing due to interference, him and Dijakovic losing a tag title challenge due to interference, then getting Cole at 'Mania Takeover, Undisputed Era get slapped with an "interfere and you get stripped" stip and lose all the belts, then leave NXT in protest together.

Might watch this tomorrow, given the replay goes up sans adverts on BT quite quickly. Wrestling is a lot more digestable when there isn't an advert every 5 minutes.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Lee wins tonight. I think you have to execute something big for him or they possibly run the risk of losing the audience with him. The iron isn't boiling hot on him but it's pretty damn hot. Conversely, I think you have to start turning the page with UE. They said their prophecy was centered on them winning all of the gold. They did and they've all had it for a while. I think it's time to turn things and they slowly but surely start to lose their stranglehold of the respective title pictures.
    The caveat here is what plays into what FB just alluded to, just in the sense of interference. They could prolong the moment for another month and have the actual title change happen at Takeover. I'm not sure if stalling it for that long is good or bad.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    I think the play here is losing due to interference, him and Dijakovic losing a tag title challenge due to interference, then getting Cole at 'Mania Takeover, Undisputed Era get slapped with an "interfere and you get stripped" stip and lose all the belts, then leave NXT in protest together.

Might watch this tomorrow, given the replay goes up sans adverts on BT quite quickly. Wrestling is a lot more digestable when there isn't an advert every 5 minutes.
    Really is. I watched Raw on BT Sport for the first time this week. They cut out the excessive American ad breaks so it's only 2 and a half hours. Then just fast forwarded through the rest. Made a show that I've found virtually unwatchable for a good while now watchable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There weren't any ad breaks on the one they put up on BT player, so it clocked in at less than 2 hours. I might start watching again at that rate to be honest, if it can be watched inside a couple of hours and I can cook dinner or something around the dragging segments. Not that is much of an issue with NXT as it's all generally pretty good. Thumbs up for the BT coverage anyways.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Isn't NXT on the Network the next day without adverts? Or do you not have the Network?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got rid of it a while back, considering it hardly got used and I wasn't watching NXT when it was pretaped. I'll get it again for the Rumble as it's the Rumble, but it's generally a needless monthly expense when I'd generally just been grazing through PPV's other than 'Mania and the Rumble. If they can pick up momentum with me (to be honest, I actually enjoyed Raw and think everybody's pretty well cast at the minute, give or take), I might keep it after 'Mania.

In fact, the last time I watched it on the PS4 it was pretty error prone. Is that still the case?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got rid of it a while back, considering it hardly got used and I wasn't watching NXT when it was pretaped. I'll get it again for the Rumble as it's the Rumble, but it's generally a needless monthly expense when I'd generally just been grazing through PPV's other than 'Mania and the Rumble. If they can pick up momentum with me (to be honest, I actually enjoyed Raw and think everybody's pretty well cast at the minute, give or take), I might keep it after 'Mania.

In fact, the last time I watched it on the PS4 it was pretty error prone. Is that still the case?
    I would say you'll deal with the same issues any other streaming service has but it's not crippling like say when they first started or when they did the update not too long ago. I haven't really had any issues other than when trying to rewind a live ppv, sometimes it glitches but nothing to make me want to Elvis Presley my tv over lol

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mania seems like an awfully long time to wait for them to finally strike with Lee. They'll have to do a lot to keep him hot in the meantime. And UE hanging onto all the belts that long as well...yuck. I'd rather see them crack early, lose all the belts, then try to rally for their one last shot at getting them all back at the Mania weekend TakeOver where they fail. Then they invade RAW/SD the night/week after.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would say you'll deal with the same issues any other streaming service has but it's not crippling like say when they first started or when they did the update not too long ago. I haven't really had any issues other than when trying to rewind a live ppv, sometimes it glitches but nothing to make me want to Elvis Presley my tv over lol
    Once I hit play on the live feed I put the remote down. You think you're going back 1, 2 minutes, then you find out you've gone back 40. Then when you try to find out where you were you end up going to live and being spoiled lol

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mania seems like an awfully long time to wait for them to finally strike with Lee. They'll have to do a lot to keep him hot in the meantime. And UE hanging onto all the belts that long as well...yuck. I'd rather see them crack early, lose all the belts, then try to rally for their one last shot at getting them all back at the Mania weekend TakeOver where they fail. Then they invade RAW/SD the night/week after.
    I like a lot of the mindset here. The main idea is that there's a tipping point with Lee in terms of the fans losing the interest and the timeline. We've seen it happen with Strowman on the main roster for well over a year, for example. NXT is usually pretty good in terms of striking while the iron is hot or still being in the neighborhood of it. Looking at it from UE's perspective, I'm kind of interested to see which approach could be a better story, a slow burn of losing the titles or having Takeover be the night. I think you can tell a story with the slow trickle of the titles fading away from them and how they react but I think it's also a shock if they lose them in one night at Takeover (Strong to Lee, Fish/O'Reilly to some team, and Cole to Ciampa). I think you get a story that they just had a bad night and they try to take things back but they're unable to.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or they strike too early and fuck it all up like they did with Roman Reigns. Roman had a great showing at the Survivor Series, dominated in the Rumble, and within 6 months was arguably the most despised wrestler on the roster other than maybe Randy Orton in terms of ass booking that annoyed people.

Mania is a little over 2 months.....If the ADD generation that has plagued pro wrestling would just let people get some REAL momentum it would be wonderful.

I like CM Punk's idea about Keith Lee but the problem is, and he fuckin knows it just won't say it obviously, Vince is a weirdo. Having Keith Lee win reminds me of the idea of Scott Steiner in like 1992 winning the Rumble that was pitched by Bruce Prichard. Only it would have been Scott's debut as opposed to having some momentum going in on WWF tv. I really don't want to see Keith Lee as North American champion, same reason I wasn't high on Velveteen Dream as North American champion.

They just seem above it. Have Matt Riddle take the strap and make him a super fighting champion.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can you imagine Big Poppa Pump in 1992, instead of the University of Michigan Scott Steiner.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you imagine Big Poppa Pump in 1992, instead of the University of Michigan Scott Steiner.
    Yeah I would have watched even more WCW during that time lol. Hated Poppa Pump. Still do. Give me over the top neon singlet Scotty Steiner any day.

I just can't get over how short Steiner is. As a kid he looked gigantic, then you find out he's like 5'9"

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or they strike too early and fuck it all up like they did with Roman Reigns. Roman had a great showing at the Survivor Series, dominated in the Rumble, and within 6 months was arguably the most despised wrestler on the roster other than maybe Randy Orton in terms of ass booking that annoyed people.

Mania is a little over 2 months.....If the ADD generation that has plagued pro wrestling would just let people get some REAL momentum it would be wonderful.

I like CM Punk's idea about Keith Lee but the problem is, and he fuckin knows it just won't say it obviously, Vince is a weirdo. Having Keith Lee win reminds me of the idea of Scott Steiner in like 1992 winning the Rumble that was pitched by Bruce Prichard. Only it would have been Scott's debut as opposed to having some momentum going in on WWF tv. I really don't want to see Keith Lee as North American champion, same reason I wasn't high on Velveteen Dream as North American champion.

They just seem above it. Have Matt Riddle take the strap and make him a super fighting champion.
    I don’t get the comparison to Reigns simply for the timeline and trajectory. As soon as Reigns ended the loose connective tissue to Ambrose after The Shield broke up, he was rocketed into WWE championship opportunities. There was no significant in-between windows for him. He had some feuds but he didn’t bother with any midcard titles but he was in the midst of those opportunities and then was entering that realm of groans for Rumble entries and Mania main events. It felt like he was on the fast track and in a lot of ways he was. He was also not the choice of the fans compared to an alternative like Bryan.

Lee has been in NXT for over a year and a half, has had some straight up start and stops to his general trajectory and he’s done different things: be someone to put a monster over, show off his skills, do some tag stuff, and now challenge for a mid-card title. There’s a progression that isn’t forcing the issue. And he’s not stepping over someone who is beloved because people dig Lee and feel like they’re helping him get this steam.

There was a sense that Reigns, while liked at one point, suddenly got shoved down people’s throats and had to be the center of programming. Lee is still liked by a high amount of people and he’s still not going to be the focal point of NXT. If Lee isn’t a champion, he’d probably get lost in the weeds a little bit. He’s certainly above that status but that’s just the nature of what goes on with so much talent on board. Riddle was going to be absolutely lost at sea if he didn’t have this Broserweights tag act now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t get the comparison to Reigns simply for the timeline and trajectory. As soon as Reigns ended the loose connective tissue to Ambrose after The Shield broke up, he was rocketed into WWE championship opportunities. There was no significant in-between windows for him. He had some feuds but he didn’t bother with any midcard titles but he was in the midst of those opportunities and then was entering that realm of groans for Rumble entries and Mania main events. It felt like he was on the fast track.

Lee has been in NXT for over a year and a half, has had some straight up start and stops to his general trajectory and he’s done different things: be someone to put a monster over, show off his skills, do some tag stuff, and now challenge for a mid-card title. There’s a progression that isn’t forcing the issue.

There was a sense that Reigns, while liked at one point, suddenly got shoved down people’s throats and had to be the center of programming. Lee is still liked by a high amount of people and he’s still not going to be the focal point of NXT. If Lee isn’t a champion, he’d probably get lost in the weeds a little bit. He’s certainly above that status but that’s just the nature of what goes on with so much talent on board. Riddle was going to be absolutely lost at sea if he didn’t have this Broserweights tag act now.
    Yeah I wanted to avoid a 40 paragraph explanation behind using Roman as an example lol. It was just a loose comparison to show what happens when you decide to strap the rocket, of any size, too early. Keith Lee winning the NXT championship in February could be too soon.

And here's the problem. People think, like you, oh Matt Riddle was going to be ABSOLUTELY be lost at sea if it wasn't for the the Broserweights tag team. How do you figure? He's barely been in NXT for a year right? Is there a time table? Does a championship define how good you are in NXT? Because some of us are taking a massive shit on their men's champions right now lol.

If Lee isn't champion before Mania he's lost in the weeds? That's ridiculous. If that's how you and others feel then the dude is going to be the black Bo Dallas.

But yeah, the Reigns comparison wasn't meant to be identical, just me being paranoid that sometimes fans who don't have any fucking patience *cough* Sasha Banks heel turn *cough* they start getting all weird about how people are pushed. NXT fans are for the most part patient. I've been waiting for Dream to be NXT champion for about a year while duds like Black and Cole held the belt to crickets. Oh I'm sorry Dave Meltzer thinks Adam is wonderful (that's what happens when the young guys blow him at PWG shows). But ultimately, it comes down to Keith Lee will be fine if he isn't a champion. I'd rather he not be a champion and win the Rumble and go on to face Lesnar or whoever the fuck at Mania. But even then, that's a pretty big push for a guy that again had a good showing at Survivor Series but hasn't really been in any significant feuds aside from Dijack and whatever he's doing with the UE with 3-4 other guys.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I wanted to avoid a 40 paragraph explanation behind using Roman as an example lol. It was just a loose comparison to show what happens when you decide to strap the rocket, of any size, too early. Keith Lee winning the NXT championship in February could be too soon.

And here's the problem. People think, like you, oh Matt Riddle was going to be ABSOLUTELY be lost at sea if it wasn't for the the Broserweights tag team. How do you figure? He's barely been in NXT for a year right? Is there a time table? Does a championship define how good you are in NXT? Because some of us are taking a massive shit on their men's champions right now lol.

If Lee isn't champion before Mania he's lost in the weeds? That's ridiculous. If that's how you and others feel then the dude is going to be the black Bo Dallas.

But yeah, the Reigns comparison wasn't meant to be identical, just me being paranoid that sometimes fans who don't have any fucking patience *cough* Sasha Banks heel turn *cough* they start getting all weird about how people are pushed. NXT fans are for the most part patient. I've been waiting for Dream to be NXT champion for about a year while duds like Black and Cole held the belt to crickets. Oh I'm sorry Dave Meltzer thinks Adam is wonderful (that's what happens when the young guys blow him at PWG shows). But ultimately, it comes down to Keith Lee will be fine if he isn't a champion. I'd rather he not be a champion and win the Rumble and go on to face Lesnar or whoever the fuck at Mania. But even then, that's a pretty big push for a guy that again had a good showing at Survivor Series but hasn't really been in any significant feuds aside from Dijack and whatever he's doing with the UE with 3-4 other guys.
    He'd be winning the NA title, not the NXT title.

I guess my only example that I think holds value is Braun Strowman. Dude had progression and wasn't totally forced down people's throats but they've consistently missed opportunities for title changes in his favor, let alone major standout matches at Mania. I think that's a cautionary tale.

You still misrepresent my point on Banks I said it was weird that Bayley wasn't asked about it when she was referenced by Banks, when they were already talking to Bayley about something lol. Seemed like a small detail that easily could have been corrected.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; January 22nd, 2020 at 4:40 PM.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same.
    We will represent the Portland crowd well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Love me some Keith Lee.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not sure why final isn't at World's Collide.

Another solid outing though. Everything was good to great with three Broserweights/Imperium being a standout for me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinda disappointed they didn't have a finish for Toni/Io but it was another scenario where they opted to show the depth of the division. I don't get why the crowd booed Toni, though. Good followup match between Shotzi and Shayna. They even added a storyline after the fact on YouTube with Deonna Purrazzo attacking Shotzi backstage so that'll get started on TV eventually.

The Broserweights went from being a team I didn't know I wanted to now being one I never want to separate. Their chemistry in the ring is awesome and they're only getting better together with the promo work. Now I want them to win the Dusty and take on UE and win those belts. Since the Final is next week, I'm taking a guess that the winner faces UE at Takeover.

The main event was great. Good story continuity with last week and Strong attacking the lower leg. Walter is going to chop Cole so bad on Saturday that it's going to make the one he had tonight look pleasant.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; January 23rd, 2020 at 1:05 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dragunov would be a good fit for a Balor stable...

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good show. Skipped the UE/GYV tag match because I dont' care but the other Dusty tag was quite good. I'd be A-OK with the Broserweights remaining a thing for awhile.

Toni/Io didn't wow me but it got good before the non--finish. Still seems to me that IO's gonna get in the title picture sooner than later.

Nice to see my first Shotzi match, good showing, she's got a cool vibe about her. I was expecting Mercedes to run out to help her when Baszler wouldn't release the clutch considering the face off during the battler royal last week.

Balor's squash might've been the best showing of his new heel focus since he turned.

KEITH LEE WOOPWOOP KEITH LEE WOOPWOOP. Super happy Keith got it done. Match didn't wow me but it's hard to when Lee's on the mat getting his leg worked the majority of the time, good story but not super thrilling action other than his few comebacks. Also, dude didn't sell the ankle at all once the bell rang, c'mon now. Still, good stuff overall. Now let's get those other belts off UE ASAP, too, thanks.

Oh, and finally, WHERE IS DEXTER?!

Kinda disappointed they didn't have a finish for Toni/Io but it was another scenario where they opted to show the depth of the division. I don't get why the crowd booed Toni, though. Good followup match between Shotzi and Shayna. They even added a storyline after the fact on YouTube with Deonna Purrazzo attacking Shotzi backstage so that'll get started on TV eventually.
    Because she's opposing Rhea and they fucking love Rhea.
    Last edited by mth; January 23rd, 2020 at 11:36 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They didn't boo her, at least I don't remember them doing so as strongly, when she came out last week and outright challenged Rhea to the match lol.

Bálor: I was actually mesmerized with his entrance once he got on the first turnbuckle. The way that was framed and the spotlight was in the background, they absolutely nailed that shot.

Another small point, they were so smart in terms of taking people of the presumed scent after the opening match. UE was distracted and that caused the loss and that made me think they were going to spoil the match with Imperium but they didn't. Also, Imperium didn't interfere in the main event, which low-key was big for Lee because that allowed him to get a clean win with UE trying to derail him.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; January 23rd, 2020 at 11:40 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edit for double post

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Week one: 1,179,000 viewers
    Week two: 1,006,000 viewers
    Week three: 891,000 viewers
    Week four: 790,000 viewers
    Week five: 714,000 viewers
    Week six: 698,000 viewers
    Week seven: 580,000 viewers
    Week eight: 813,000 viewers
    Week nine: 750,000 viewers
    Week 10: 916,000 (first week to beat AEW)
    Week 11: 810,000 viewers (higher than AEW)
    Week 12: 845,000 viewers
    Week 13: 778,000 viewers (tie)
    Week 14: 795,000 viewers (win and win all the demos)
    Week 15: 831,000 viewers (unopposed and Christmas Day)
    Week 16: 548,000 viewers (review and awards show)
    Week 17: 721,000 viewers (not in the top 50 for cable programming for the 18-49 demographic)
    Week 18: 700,000 viewers
    Week 19: 769,000 viewers

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KEITH LEE WOOPWOOP KEITH LEE WOOPWOOP. Super happy Keith got it done. Match didn't wow me but it's hard to when Lee's on the mat getting his leg worked the majority of the time, good story but not super thrilling action other than his few comebacks. Also, dude didn't sell the ankle at all once the bell rang, c'mon now. Still, good stuff overall. Now let's get those other belts off UE ASAP, too, thanks.

Oh, and finally, WHERE IS DEXTER?!

He didn't sell it last week either when he ran out for the save I was like dude, your fucking ankle was just Pillman'd!! Love it though

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the only people who would boo Toni Storm as dudes who like other dudes and women who are jealous of that ass.

I like Rhea Ripley, but neither of them are Io. Fuck the world. NXT's women division has been and I hope always will be a top 5 reason to watch pro wrestling in general. Skilled wrestlers that don't look like they were put through the Sable maker.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    One could argue that NXT's viewership went up because AEW was taped.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One could argue that NXT's viewership went up because AEW was taped.
    While viable, I'm not sure if that exactly correlates. Unless you were totally aware it was taped, you would presume it was live. They didn't advertise that the show was going to be taped in advance. They also had the 'live' graphic on during the airing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT's viewership went up imo because the semi-finals were happening and a title match with a surging Keith Lee. I mean it only went up about 40,000 so it's not a huge bump.

I didn't know AEW was pre-taped. I just assumed it was live.

Joint Manipulation for the win. That promo with Bro and Dunne was on par with the PWG promo Paul London did with Bryan Danielson about Joey Ryan and Scott Lost where he talked about being the Dolphin Master in a 2 person pod with the American Dolphin.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regal will be announcing Cole's opponent for Takeover Portland on Wednesday.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regal will be announcing Cole's opponent for Takeover Portland on Wednesday.
    They're saying it will be "epic"

Which leads me to think that it's not anyone on the roster. When you use words like "epic" you generally aren't going to give us a match we saw coming a mile away i.e. Ciampa v. Cole.

I told my friend last night, I bet it's John Cena lol. That's my go-to now.

But seriously, they've been having Cole and Ciampa going at each other so it's not exactly EPIC to announce him as the challenger.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're saying it will be "epic"

Which leads me to think that it's not anyone on the roster. When you use words like "epic" you generally aren't going to give us a match we saw coming a mile away i.e. Ciampa v. Cole.

I told my friend last night, I bet it's John Cena lol. That's my go-to now.

But seriously, they've been having Cole and Ciampa going at each other so it's not exactly EPIC to announce him as the challenger.
    Killer Kross maybe?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd make it Walter, if you can convince him to come to Portland.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Killer Kross maybe?
    Why on Earth would that dude be considered EPIC? Calling him an epic challenger is catering to a very very very smarky fanbase.

I'd make it Walter, if you can convince him to come to Portland.
    lol.

It would make perfect sense and to make it even more epic, title v. title winner take all.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol.

It would make perfect sense and to make it even more epic, title v. title winner take all.
    Meh, I guess epic could be drawn on the fact it's title for title but I see a easy tie-in where the NXT UK side won that match and Cole's head is on the chopping block so he has to protect the title.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why on Earth would that dude be considered EPIC? Calling him an epic challenger is catering to a very very very smarky fanbase.
    Which is the NXT fanbase but I don't think it's epic personally just a thought

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Which is the NXT fanbase but I don't think it's epic personally just a thought
    I think the fanbase is expending like crazy especially over the last year or two even more with the USA platform. Killer Kross wasn't exactly a big deal in the promotions he spent 5 minutes working for. But that's just me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meh, I guess epic could be drawn on the fact it's title for title but I see a easy tie-in where the NXT UK side won that match and Cole's head is on the chopping block so he has to protect the title.
    Yeah I mean they might think simply having Walter challenge the NXT champion even if his own title isn't on the line could be seen as EPIC. It wouldn't be the first time the NXT UK champ got a shot at the NXT title, but I think for it to be truly EPIC, you have to put them both on the line. If you don't, it's a given that Walter is losing imo. Fuck that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind predictable if it tells a great story up to the inevitable finish.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind predictable if it tells a great story up to the inevitable finish.
    I mind predictable when it involves Adam Cole. That vanilla midget going over Walter makes my dick shrink inside my body it's painful.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone explain to me all the hate for Adam Cole. Cuz I don’t get it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Someone explain to me all the hate for Adam Cole. Cuz I don’t get it.
    The funny thing is, some of us Cole haters are trying to figure out all the love the guy gets. lol.

Seriously....What is so appealing about Adam Cole? One of my best friends has a huge hard on for the guy and all he says is "He's a great worker" So fucking what? Cesaro is a great worker, Hulk Hogan is a great worker.

Trust me Caito we're in the minority. All you "BOOM" "BAY BAY" mugs needs to explain yourselves. Dwarf fetish?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of us who aren't high on him have explained why in this thread.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I’ve only recently kind of come back to posting a little more, and tbh don’t really feel like scrolling thru to see if reasoning is any more than “I think he is boring and he is short”.

There’s something to be said about being a good worker. And the two guys Nash chose to use as an example maybe weren’t the best, as both are very over with fans. One of which arguable one of the most beloved pro wrestlers of all time....

Anyhow, yeah, I do think he is a good worker. I also buy into his heel character. He plays it very well. He seems to have chemistry with most everyone he gets in the ring with, and I can’t remember the last time I watched a match or segment he was in and said “well, that just wasn’t very good.” And he is more than passable on the mic. Very good even.

So basically, I like the character, I believe he is a very good promo, and that he always has, at the absolute worst, good matches with whoever I see him in there with. I don’t really care how tall or short he is.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for Cole...
    He's a very capable performer in the ring and on the stick. There's charisma that works both as a natural heel or a cocky one that tends to gain support. There's some duality to him that really has some advantages but he's more suited as a heel. If he's a heel, he can get cheered and everything coming out but he's pretty good at working to get that cheering to stop and get the audience to boo him. He can show disgust, arrogance, or cockiness when he cuts a face off from a hope spot. His size actually works to his advantage where he can be rag dolled rather easily and that's great when a face comes back on him. He's got mobility and agility to fire up if he was working as a face. Listening to him over time and hearing his perspective on things, Cole has a pretty good awareness of psychology and how to manipulate things to attempt to make things better. I mean, it says something that he's able to be successful in most companies that he's in. It's not like he's having to float from promotion to promotion because he can't get over. Either he's really slipping through the cracks and he needs to buy a lottery ticket or he's actually talented. He's not the best in the world or in the ballpark but he's a good encapsulation of skills that can be marketed.

If you don't like him, that's cool, but he's talented. If he's someone who can work on the main facets in the ring: working and talking, that's going to make you a desired asset to a company.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll repeat my stance for my good friend Caito. Simply put for me: I think Cole's very capable in the ring and I enjoy his matches but outside of that, I think he's incredibly bland and generic and is an uninspired, dime a dozen heel with no defining characteristics that set him apart. Boring looking, boring character, good wrestler.
    He falls into the box with guys like Orton, Sheamus, and Drew for me where I dig their in-ring work and will check out their matches if they're against someone I like but otherwise, I've got no connection.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll repeat my stance for my good friend Caito. Simply put for me: I think Cole's very capable in the ring and I enjoy his matches but outside of that, I think he's incredibly bland and generic and is an uninspired, dime a dozen heel with no defining characteristics that set him apart. Boring looking, boring character, good wrestler.
    He falls into the box with guys like Orton, Sheamus, and Drew for me where I dig their in-ring work and will check out their matches if they're against someone I like but otherwise, I've got no connection.
    Two of those three names are not bad comparisons at all, haha. Especially in terms of status or perceived outlooks. For me, it sounds like most people who don't like him view him as the third name I didn't correlate: Sheamus.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, I was going to point out Sheamus. I hate the way they booked him when he was a face though.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll repeat my stance for my good friend Caito.

Lol nothing but love for ya man.