Page 11 of 229 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 22879

Thread: The NXT Thread

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wonder how much longer they'll put danielson on the loosing streak for.

but i can not see him being the first one to be voted out. ( if it works by people getting voted out )
    Last edited by mr sabu; March 26th, 2010 at 9:31 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really bothered that NXT was mostly Mania videos this week, that makes total sense and really was the right thing to do, since the show itself doesn't have a match on the card or any other way to really promote the PPV.

Onto the matches then:
    -Barrett & Sheffield vs. Slater & Gabriel was ok. Pairing Sheffield with Barrett was interesting considering their past encounters, and the end of the match only further enforced a possible feud between them, which is cool. Regal preferring Barrett over his own rookie could play out quite well, if they go with it. Gabriel did a whole lot of not much here, Slater did his usual decent offense, and both Barrett and Sheffield did fairly well, too. Another win for Slater puts him up as having quite the win/loss record so far.

-Otunga & Young vs. Bryan & Tarver was the better of the two matches, I think, based on all the factors involved. LOVED Punk just chilling on the steps with his back to the ring, completely not giving a crap. Bryan's guillotine right into that rad crossface-type move was really cool. Tarver's confrontation with Gallows, thought it cost him the match, was interesting and has me curious if they might be having a match as soon as next week. Also, the finish with Bryan inadvertently knocking Tarver off the apron also could set up Bryan vs. Tarver, perhaps.

Really interested in the voting/poll results next week. The categories are interesting ways to judge and it'll be interesting to see what the rookies do in response to their results (since I assume no one's going home, they're just getting mid-semester grades, so to speak, since the season is supposedly 17 weeks).

I have to say that, considering the voting stuff next week, so far, it hasn't been entirely fair to certain folks....particularly Tarver, for example. He's had three matches so far, all against other rookies, and has lost them all. Meanwhile, you've got other rookies who have had more matches, and not only faced pros, but have beaten them, as well. So, obviously they'd be likely to score higher, but they've been given bigger opportunities.

But this could be a good thing, Tarver could score low, but that could be what really lights a fire under him. And after attacking Slater last week, and the interaction with Gallows this week, and the mishap with his tag partner, maybe he'll really step up and start bustin' chops. Meanwhile, a guy like Slater, who's got a great win/loss record and whatnot could rank high and start getting cocky, over confidant, etc. So, the grades could be further devices for more character development and storyline stuff.

Just kind of rambling and thinking out loud with all that.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Newfy View Post
    I distinctly remember them saying one week (perhaps last) that someone would go home. It was essentially talk of the voting and something like "Who will stick around and who will be sent packing?" or "Some may go on to stardom and some may never be heard from again." though, in fairness, they do seem to change their plan from week to week, so I wouldn't be surprised if things have changed.
    I remember them saying that too, but from the sounds of things they're just evaluating and not sending anyone home now.

Like mth said, I think there'll be a turnaround. Slater's good, but a bit of an annoying gimp and I think he will fall. Bryan will get a crap overall score, but it will all turn around when he probably beats the Miz.

Would like to see more of Tarver and Sheffield too and if the Young/SES relationship will progress.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Bryan ever going to get a break? Guessing he will win the US title.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    So I tuned in 10 minutes late but just caught that Bryan is number one in the rankings. Cole's rant was great. Josh & Cole's banter is enjoyable. Also there will be an 8-Rookie Battle Royal tonight with the winner hosting Raw next week.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except, Barrett is in the tag match... so he can't be in both matches, can he?

Intercontinental Champion TheSupremeForce's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pulling for Barrett to win both. He's the man anyway.
    Jericho is apparently the best commentator in the company.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jericho had better be a commentator when he retires from wrestling in 2021

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find Barrett to be boring.

I'm thinking either Otunga or Daniels is winning the battle royal, they're the one that will bring the most attention, seeing that's what the guest host thing has been about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as I heard the opening chords of that video I knew it was "Colorful" and I knew it was going to be brilliant. Thank Adam for that one (now that we finally know his name). What a man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of the rookies are going to bring in any real attention as guest host. They can't even get people to keep tuning in to NXT at the moment.

If wade wins, it gets Jericho easily back onto Raw for a show... He'll end up Speared for the 2834927343432nd time, but I'm willing to make that trade.

I'd be fine with Otunga winning this match, because I pretty much guarantee that he'd bury himself by hosting Raw.

h
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Look at that dweeb looking face." Man this commentary is awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, who didn't see Wade Barrett getting ganged up on coming?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everybody uniting against Wade makes him look good.

I do hope that they go back to some actual one-on-one matches next week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking like Otunga will get the win and maybe bring Jennifer Hudson with him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have nothing against Barrett, it just that there doesn't seem to be anything else about him except 'I'm a big guy, pay attention to me'. It doesn't help that Jericho's charisma is so overpowering that he can't break though.

And I was right Otunga won. Vince is gonna ride that fame train for all it's worth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    427 green M&Ms I might turn around Otunga.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do any of the rookies have more than one real attribute at this point?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaJello View Post
    Looking like Otunga will get the win and maybe bring Jennifer Hudson with him?

One would hope for that. But at this point it wouldn't shock me at all if that just doesnt happen. And not for the lack of WWE trying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was at Wrestlemania, and she did show up to watch his matches when he was in FCW so maybe.

But yeah WWE will try. I'm surprised they didn't get her to sing at WM, maybe she said no? By the way, the lady they got to sing won the one she was in.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hudson didn't sing because she was black obviously..... I'll wait for this one.

As for NXT, I think is my favorite so far. Maybe because of the rankings and that they are finally getting somewhere. Jericho was awesome on commentary. Surprised they didn't bring up Miz when mentioning Tough Enough.

Jericho to Cole: You're lucky Mathews is sitting here between us. Him and his 1 match.

"That's a stupid question. I'll slap you in the face, you jackass!"

Otunga makes sense to host since he is the closest to an actual celebrity out of the 8.

Oh, can someone make a GIF of Bryan coming out looking at his finger, then holding it up for the crowd?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good episode of NXT. Glad Barrett won that 8 man tag match. And then to make him look like a huge threat in the battle royal. I actually didn't think Daniel was going to rank number 1 but hey he has had the most matches and against more quality opponents. So I was pleased with his ranking and Barrett as they are my two favorites and have been since episode 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like the guaranteed title match that goes to the winner. While it protects them from too much complaining when other NXT rookies end up on Raw or Smackdown by giving the "winner" something more tangible, it pretty much guarantees that Bryan wins and cashes in against the Miz. Bryan is going to get "called up" regardless. I'd have preferred to see him get shafted by the pro's/the situation and not "win" but end up feuding with the Miz anyway. I just don't see any of the others being ready to wrestle a title match at a ppv yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good NXT tonight. I Like the Stipulation for the Winner of NXT getting a Title Shot against any Champion. Should be interesting when David Otunga Guest Hosts RAW. Funny stuff with Micheal Cole,Josh Matthews,and Chris Jericho on Commentary.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah but with that stipulation it is pretty much set that Daniel Bryan will face Miz for the US title after this thing is over. It is not like Barrett will face Jericho.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael Cole needs to go away

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, tonight was an exciting show. We got all the info we wanted, we got to see a great display from Barrett with the pros, really helping to put him over, and the set up for Raw. Good show. Even though I really cannot stand Otunga, this is a good move for his character.

It does bother me that their little ranking is very obviously not based on the scoring system they said ti would be. No way that Bryan is number one, with a 0-5 streak and no "it" factor. Whatever though, I still enjoyed it.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not like Barrett's finisher, but I'm sure they can give him a better move set within the next few weeks. He got a great pop from the crowd after the finish as well.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Kamikaze View Post
    Michael Cole needs to go away
    You mean Mediocre Cole?

Tonight was the first time I watched NXT. The commentary between Jericho, Mathews, and Cole was my favorite part of the show.

Matches were pretty good.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that's because Jericho was there to mediate. I like Matthews though

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Rubbish. Cole works just fine on next, and his banter with Josh makes for enjoyable commentary. Because... you know, he's MEANT to be a massive dickhead on this show.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cole being meant to be a dickhead is my entire problem with it.

He's an announcer, not a wrestler, and he's derailing entire segments with this.

Hero From The Beyond UncannyIowan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually like Cole on NXT better than Raw because he actually shows some personality. Maybe I'm just a fan of the heel/face dynamic at the booth. Sometimes though he lays it on too thick, must've been his time with JBL and hearing the way that guy would sometimes come across as he was burying a wrestler.

Did anyone notice the response from the crowd when Christian and Matt Hardy were about to lock up?

Glad that last night they did explain some more about the show. Weird that DB was #1, it's almost like the voting is legit cuz even though his record is 0-5, he's definitely the best (imo).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the heelish announcer role, and I agree with you that he lays it on too thick sometimes. Almost like he is trying too hard to be a heel. I didn't mind little jabs at wrestling in gymnasiums and stuff like that, but it gets to the point where it is just ridiculous. Interesting that they are voting people out, but not for another six weeks, if I understand that correctly. That gives a lot of time to get these guys exposure before you have to decide what to do with them.

This was the second week in a row that was really light on wrestling though. I understood at least a little bit last week because they were selling Wrestlemania, but I'd like to see these guys in more singles matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it hard to enjoy the show when the commentator is heel.

I feel like only the color guy should be a heel.... and the commentator should either be neutral or a face.

Hero From The Beyond UncannyIowan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the problem becomes is Cole the color guy? I know that traditionally the color guy sits to the right of the announcer but the way those 2 come across it feels like Cole is the color commentator and Matthews is the "announcer". There is definitely more of a gray area these days, look @ Matt Striker, imo he's more knowledgeable about the match but he also has the little quips to go with it. He's like a mix of Joey Styles, JR, and Mr. Perfect.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cole literally ranted for a few minutes on NXT about this. Not while wrestling was going on, just with the camera on him yelling like a crazy person.

It just seems such an abrupt deviation from the character he has always had before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How so? He's always been a tool that kisses the ass of the "cool" people, and now he sees this relatively popular "rookie" who isn't "cool", and [attempts to] make fun of him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest gripe is that they can't get the records right. The undefeated Slater is listed at 3-1 and Michael Tarver was listed as 1-2. I believe there were a few other errors last night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how long this'll stay up, but for those who missed it last night I think this package is brilliant:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vghSIwKOW84"]YouTube- Shawn Michaels Farewell Music Video[/ame]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Newfy. My girlfriend actually stopped my DVR without thinking, so I missed the entire speech and everything else that came with it.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man, Jericho on commentary is gold.. seriously.. whenever he retires as a wrestler i think he could easily make an awesome heel manager (as he is now)/announcer... easily.

I quite like Barrets finisher.. it just needs a bit more "glamour" about it. It's basically Cena's AA.. but forward slam, rather than side.. and Cena gets away with it... He's a tall man, and looks powerful, so it's plausable that that move freakin hurts..

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    How so? He's always been a tool that kisses the ass of the "cool" people, and now he sees this relatively popular "rookie" who isn't "cool", and [attempts to] make fun of him.
    When has Michael Cole ever, EVER, cared this much about a wrestler outside of a segment containing them?

Hell, when has he ever had a negative word to say about a face of any kind? He tears Miz down on Raw every week, and the turns around and talks about how he's amazing and Bryan is shit every Tuesday.

It just seems so random.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because he's a tool; you're looking for a logical answer where there is none.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, Michael Cole the person is a tool.

I really don't think Michael Cole, the character, has ever intentionally been one, and certainly not in this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael Cole sucks at performing characters, and has never been able to keep his real-life douche-baggery out of his "Cole character", which is why this seems perfectly natural to me.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx1PhviIAt4"]YouTube- Michael Cole loses it, drops F bombs!!!!!!![/ame]

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked this weeks show.

I thought the 8 man tag was pretty great. It went a long time and you got to see a lot of stuff you wouldnt see on Raw or Smackdown.

I loved the bit where I beleive Barrett was crawling over to make the tag and Hardy had his arm stretched to tag in and CM Punk kept slapping his hand away so he could tag in himself.

The Battle Royal was a bit rubbish eliminating two people in the advert break.

Darren Young being last in the rankings must play in to him thinking about joining SES so he can improve himself.

It needs pointing out that Cole isnt commentating as a heel per se. He is just being a heel when it comes to Bryan and its fun. I also liked Regal shaking Barretts hand and tagging out as it keeps up the story that he likes and rates him highly.

Infact thats what I like about the show. Its fun. All of the pros really seem to be enjoying themselves. Regal doing his save me bit to Punk was nice. And the 3 way commentary is excellent because although they are trying to stay in character they are also pissing themselves laughing.

Kinda wish they would do a bit more with Sheffield. They gave him a few strong spots in the Battle Royal but they happened in the advert break so it was pointless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would someone suggest this week was light on wrestling? Sure there were only two matches, but they dominated the show. There were no backstage interviews, only the one recap, and other than the Shawn michaels thing which is understandable, no video packages. Just an in ring ranking which had to be done, and two decent length matches that filled out most of the time

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I don't know if this has already been confirmed, but I haven't heard or read it until now - Striker said on Smackdown that whoever is last in the rankings from next week will be eliminated, and so on until one is remaining.

Again, sorry if you've all known about this for weeks but I'm sure the full layout was still unclear until recently.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds good. glad they are going forward. question I have is, once this season is done, are they going to go right into season 2? will they wait a little while?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I think waiting a few months (perhaps even until after Summerslam) would be a good idea. And then bring in a new batch. This would appear to be their intention.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be for the best. Most of the NXT guys will end up on RAW or SmackDown anyway. Bryan, Barrett and Gabriel absolutely. Probably Otunga too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I expect those four to be called up to the main roster for sure, and possibly Skip too. He's good fun.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are they going to fill the show with in between seasons if they were waiting a few months between them?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm don't think they are going to hold off, it doesn't match their filming schedule since NXT is filmed prior to Smackdown. I bet they just move straight to the next (NXT) batch of guys, possibly with familiar faces coming back for another season.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NXT is fast becoming my favourite WWE show.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know if NXT was on sky Thursday? My sky plus didn't record it.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    NXT TIME!

Quick Q: Did they not mess up on Slater's graphic? Coulda sworn he was 4-0.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Awesome start to the show. Bryan is number 1, I love it. Trash talking Cole and Cole firing back after is great. Cole fucking HATES Bryan, this is great. We never get Cole showing genuine emotion for anything, so it's nice to see him actually doing SOMETHING.

Just noticed most of pro's are heel. seriously, 3 faces amongst 5 heels. Oh well.

HEY JERICHO ENJOY THAT TITLE FOR THE NEXT HALF HOUR UNTIL SWAGGER MURDERS YOU NEENER NEENER NEENER.

Jericho is great on commentary. When he retires, he should do color full time. Regal was brilliant here with his begging and then tagging out because he didn't want to face a fellow englishman. I just they'd god damned dod something with Regal already. Matt Hardy got a HUGE pop here. Maybe Fat Matt really is ready for a push.

Awesome tag match, just about everyone got to show SOMETHING. Jericho really is amazing on commentary here, destroying cole AND josh as they can do nothing, but laugh along.
    Last edited by Hero!; April 3rd, 2010 at 3:51 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The battle royal was good for what it was. A lot of the eliminations felt rushed, but it seems like the whole was supposed to boil down to Otunga and Gabriel having a bit of a singles match. Gabriel hit a a great follow-up inziguiri after a missed spin-kick, very impressive move. Glad Otunga got the win, Justin looked good through the in-ring action, Otunga needed the win. I'm sure he'll do great on RAW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will there be a storyline between NXT and Kane?

Prediction: Daniel Bryan will get his first win over Kane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I don't know if this has already been confirmed, but I haven't heard or read it until now - Striker said on Smackdown that whoever is last in the rankings from next week will be eliminated, and so on until one is remaining.
    hang on, I coulda sworrn he said that the next round of voting was in 6 weeks?

Maybe i misheard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats what I heard as well. And when that time comes, every week the last in the rankings is eliminated.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, that's what striker said, but then Cole/Matthews said differently later on in the show. To be honest, I don't think they even know what's going to happen since they seem to just making up the rules as they go along.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 weeks seems kind of a long time for the next round of votes. But in an age w/ American Idol, DWTS and all that other stuff, you see it more frequent.

You can vote for a rookie on the website, so it may start on Tuesday.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I just realised that when I said Striker I meant Josh. He said next week, right?

Wow. Still confused.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Striker said 6 weeks, Josh said next week. Guess we'll just hafta wait and see how it all plays out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Will there be a storyline between NXT and Kane?

Prediction: Daniel Bryan will get his first win over Kane.

Just have a random 1 match a week thing and whoever beats him is saved from elimination. Something to that extreme.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got around to watching last week's NXT, bit later 'cuz of Easter and various weekend activities. Quick thoughts:

-I am curious if the rankings are legit, or kayfabe. Some are kind of odd, but same make sense from storyline perspectives. Also, they need to get their win/loss stats sorted out, like half of them are wrong. The exchange between Bryan/Otunga during this was pretty funny.

-C9ole flipping out about Bryan's ranking, and Cole flipping out in general, and the bickering between him and Josh over Bryan, and their shots at each other, etc. is really entertaining. Loving the commentary on NXT.

-8-man tag was solid and fun. Jericho was GOLD on commentary, but have to give props to Josh and Cole for adding to the amusing banter, too. Barrett winning is cool, they definitely seem to play favorites with the rookies when it comes to pushing some of them.

-main event battle royal was a bit meh. It really wasn't much to talk about and most of the eliminations were uninspired. My wife was convinced Gabriel was winning, so Otunga taking it surprised her (but not me, even if i hadn't read the spoilers, I would have figured Otunga would win). Gabriel looked like a bit of an idiot after he hit the 450 and then stood there, and even scratched his head, like a moron.

-427 green M&M's. Brilliant.

They need to figure out just WTF the plans is with the rankings and elimination stuff from here on. Striker said they'd do it again in 6 weeks, then that week and each thereafter, the lowest ranked would go home. That makes sense, as by the numbers, it's a 17 week season, and it's been six, six more makes twelve, then one each week until there's a final four the last week, who would then have some kind of match, I would think, to determine the winner.
    But then all the rest of the show (and I think of last week's SD), they were talking as if there are going to be rankings as soon as next week, and eliminations as soon as next week, too.

So, I hope they either clear it up on RAW tonight, or we'll have to wait until tomorrow's NXT for things to be clear (though I haven't checked WWE.com to see if it's been explained fully there yet...).

I'm hoping Otunga hosting RAW means some of the other rookie show up, and that they promote the hell out of NXT tonight.

Courier
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor Swagga is sweating bullets!! He looks good with the belt though; hope he grows into the role and doesnt just lose at the next PPV...

Sorry, wrong thread - title's too similar!

Not Aware Of This? ThE_GrEaT_GaM's Avatar
    Your Posterior Better Contact Someone At Once
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man as much as I tune in to this show and try to watch there seems to be something that throws me off.....I just don't like NXT that much for whatever reason.....

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Ahahaha YES. Danielson just VERBALLY BATTERED Michael Cole.

Also, the title shot stip is cool. Bryan/Miz
    Last edited by Ringo; April 6th, 2010 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Cole is getting dumber and dumber.

Danielson has been great tonight so far.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fucking christ this shit is stupid.

Anyways, of this whole batch Otunga deserves it the most. He's already pulling in crazy heat. On that note I'm loving the noticable backlash Bryan received from the live audience. I've never seen someone so over-rated in my life.
    Last edited by Mark Hammer; April 6th, 2010 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    Why? I think it's pretty neat. This is what they should be doing more of to give the guys unique characteristics.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Michael Tarver.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Why? I think it's pretty neat. This is what they should be doing more of to give the guys unique characteristics.
    A keg race? Seriously?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otunga only has heat because he screwed Cena on Raw. Sure, it worked, but that doesn't mean anyone will care a month from now.

I would like to see an actual one-on-one match again at some point. Of course, Kane vs Slater would not have been my first choice.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer View Post
    A keg race? Seriously?
    It makes it look like more of a competition rather than just another brand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay did Bryan shoot Micheal Cole's dog or something? I get he's not a fan and all but I think he's taking things a bit too far

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSupremeForce View Post
    Otunga only has heat because he screwed Cena on Raw. Sure, it worked, but that doesn't mean anyone will care a month from now.
    He was getting reactions (not quite as strong as they are now but reactions nonetheless) before he walked out on Cena. The crowd cares more about him than anyone else on the NXT roster. He's money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just as likely that his reactions are the response to the fact that he's the heel equivalent to Bryan when it comes to getting overpushed at the expense of everyone else.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well, Bryan just lost... again.

I'm getting bothered by this, I mean, he couldn't even beat Young? This "underdog" thing is going too far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was definitely the first time that a loss made Bryan look bad.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought he would win after he locked in the Cattle Mutilation. I marked out ahrd for that too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    No. Danielson's first win needs to be a big deal. Beating Darren Young in an undercard NXT match would be shit.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    But he still looked bad, I was hoping the Miz would cost him the match.

I am loving Matthews owning Cole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the last person you want Daniel to beat is Darren Young. I'm glad Barrett won his match against Otunga though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting show tonight. There were so many things that I would call great, and so many things that made me slap my forehead in sheer stupidity ... but I was entertained the whole time. I really enjoyed myself, which is the point.

It kills me that these guys are not performing like they did in FCW before they came up here. Tarver, who was a monster in FCW, is a joke. Gabriel, who was an offense machine, seems to have the same basic spots and that's it.

Loved the Darren Young/Daniel Bryan match ... until it ended. It isn't that I mind the ending, it makes sense for the story for Young, and in effect, it makes sense for Bryan. But it was so short. It was SO good and yet, ended so quickly. This is the first time I've actually seen Bryan acting like the indy's Bryan I remember seeing. The underhooks, the submission into submission into submission. Great stuff.

Barrett/Otunga was a good match as well, heck, I liked all the matches. I really would have loved to see Slater beat Kane, but I can understand why he didn't.

After watching this, though, I really only have any faith or want to see Barrett and Bryan make it to the main roster. If the other six didn't make it (including Sheffield, look below for why) I wouldn't be heart broken. But regardless, it was a good show today, even with crazy keg antics. I wonder what next (NXT) week's physical challenge will be. I hope it is fighting the ECW Zombie.

And [DISCLAIMER: rant to follow, ignore if you don't want to here a mark getting pissed at the handling of a character he loved]

- WHY THE FUCK are they changing a character who hasn't been allowed to PLAY THE FUCKING CHARACTER HE MADE?! Sheffield turning heel absolutely KILLS ME! Why hasn't he been allowed to do the in-ring promos he did in FCW that made him great? Why haven't we been able to see him just joke around and be funny? Because of the idea of the reality aspects of the show? FUCK THE REALITY ASPECTS if that's the case. Turning Sheffield heel is a terrible choice, and I very much hope that this doesn't stick, and is part of a good story for him.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really thought the keg competition was dumb. If I'm the only one, I'll shut up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The keg competition was dumb, but I was really surprised at how well Gabriel and Slater carried the keg.

After tonight's NXT and Raw last night, I have to say Otunga is not as bad as I'd initially feared. While I still think he's the "Heel Bryan" (guy getting pushed much harder than everyone else), he hasn't looked completely out of his element. While he's definitely the most raw rookie, I enjoyed his match with Barrett.

Most importantly, I'm anxious to find out what witty insults Cole comes up with next week to continue his feud with Daniel Bryan. Can even the brilliant Michael Cole come up with insults even better than "tool" and "dweeb?" Tune in next week.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cole has actually been more entertaining on NXT than RAW. I think it's obvious Bryan is going to win. He'll choose to face Miz and take the US Title.

Banned
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Senor Ochoa View Post
    I really thought the keg competition was dumb. If I'm the only one, I'll shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hammer
    Nope.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't hate Cole anyway. I just had to laugh at that particular pair of insults.

While I understand why they had to add the title match stipulation to the show, it does pretty much guarantee that Bryan wins. On the other hand, that would mean that the Miz would have to be US Champion months from now, so maybe I can't complain too much. Still, I'd have rather seen Barrett "win" NXT and Bryan end up feuding with the Miz anyway, since at this point, they really don't need any further reason to have a match.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet if Bryan wins and beats Miz for the US Title, Cole will chastize him for not going after the WWE Championship. It'll be great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But not until after Cole suggests that Bryan is most qualified to compete for the Diva's Championship.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe this ends in Bryan snapping and destroying Michael Cole in the ring.

Then, Miz can all of the sudden want Bryan around but he takes him down and makes him tap. Miz then puts the US Title on the line against Bryan to save face. And then Bryan can win the belt there, with no Michael Cole announcing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I know this is more a critque of MNR but still...

If you're David Otunga... and you're looking to secure a WWE Contract... why would you opt out of a chance to win the straps with Cena?

I know he's a heel but it just makes no sense.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by d1comics View Post
    - WHY THE FUCK are they changing a character who hasn't been allowed to PLAY THE FUCKING CHARACTER HE MADE?! Sheffield turning heel absolutely KILLS ME! Why hasn't he been allowed to do the in-ring promos he did in FCW that made him great? Why haven't we been able to see him just joke around and be funny? Because of the idea of the reality aspects of the show? FUCK THE REALITY ASPECTS if that's the case. Turning Sheffield heel is a terrible choice, and I very much hope that this doesn't stick, and is part of a good story for him.

It might be a bad choice for his character but I do think that it shows faith in his ability as a performer.

He's the first guy in NXT to turn and that's gotta count for something