Page 125 of 137 FirstFirst ... 115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 12,401 to 12,500 of 13686

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think Naomi is kind of stuck in gatekeeper limbo but she's actually being used on TV now, so that's a step in the right direction.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Naomi is going to find the second wind of her career in the new tag division, assuming she is able to snag a partner. Maybe Ember can jump over to Smackdown? Those two have a ton of similarities in-ring wise and would be quite exciting to watch together.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    I think Naomi is going to find the second wind of her career in the new tag division, assuming she is able to snag a partner. Maybe Ember can jump over to Smackdown? Those two have a ton of similarities in-ring wise and would be quite exciting to watch together.
    Honestly, I think Naomi is someone they could literally build the division around. I just don't think they will ever will. A chunk of that is probably due to the fact that was around prior to the Charlotte-Sasha-Becky call ups and then you factor in who's came up since them (Asuka, Nia, Alexa, Carmella, Mandy, etc.) it feels very much like what has happened to Dolph Ziggler over the years. Someone you can always rely on to get others over, while still maintaining their own overness.

I could actually see Naomi turning heel in 2019. Will she? Hard to say, but if she does I feel it will be at least after Summerslam. Asuka turning heel might be the ticket though. But she's so fucking popular.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

I could actually see Naomi turning heel in 2019. Will she? Hard to say, but if she does I feel it will be at least after Summerslam. Asuka turning heel might be the ticket though. But she's so fucking popular.
    It's something they could look at, but that feels it's mainly for relevancy. The tricky thing could be now she's essentially tied to The Usos now but I guess that they could easily turn too. That might be a bridge too far for them, though. Who knows. With the top of the division being the way it is and new faces always around the corner, I think she's going to be on the short end of the stick more often than not. She's talented but there's easily 10-12 women I'm more interested in watching in a match within the WWE umbrella for a variety of reasons.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    It's something they could look at, but that feels it's mainly for relevancy. The tricky thing could be now she's essentially tied to The Usos now but I guess that they could easily turn too. That might be a bridge too far for them, though. Who knows. With the top of the division being the way it is and new faces always around the corner, I think she's going to be on the short end of the stick more often than not. She's talented but there's easily 10-12 women I'm more interested in watching in a match within the WWE umbrella for a variety of reasons.
    You have to keep in mind though she's been tied for them for several years including recently with their heel run while she was a babyface.

But I think we're on the same page. She's been around for awhile and had a few moments in the sun but the WWE, for whatever reason, never did much with it. I wish the battle royal victory mattered at Mania but no one has really ever had anything worth a damn come from winning.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To show I wasn't exaggerating:
    Becky, Ronda, Charlotte, Asuka, Sasha, Ember, Toni, Io, Mandy, Bianca, Rhea, and Candice.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will they do a lot of surprise appearances again for the Rumble? Im hoping to see Victoria make an appearance and RTC Ivory.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To show I wasn't exaggerating:
    Becky, Ronda, Charlotte, Asuka, Sasha, Ember, Toni, Io, Mandy, Bianca, Rhea, and Candice.
    I was with you for the first half of this list. I think you're selling Naomi short. The lady can GO

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She can, but I also am fairly into the prospect of seeing things (no matter what they are) develop and mature and evolve over time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am curious how Mandy is on your list but not Naomi when nothing Mandy has done up until this feud with Naomi has been anything of worth. Her monotone, wooden promo style could use some help for sure. WITH THAT SAID, she has potential for sure. This is her test.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen quite a bit from Naomi already and I'm not really sure where the next steps are for her character. That's not a knock on her but she's the avatar. Mandy is green as hell. It's clearly a matter of perspective on the mic work because she impressed me in the build to Survivor Series by being given more of an opportunity on the mic in those segments with the other women involved and she more than held her own. We see people who can work with material given to them and those who can't. She shows promise in the ring so I'd like to see what comes of it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we haven't seen quite a bit of though out of Naomi is depth and right now we're getting that because of the affiliation with male performers. That is key to getting women over IMHO. We've seen the big tits and the revealing outfits for years. But what has always worked nicely is pairing up women and men. Only in the WWE are women and men more segregated than blacks in the 50's. Didn't use to be that way and even today we see the interaction here and there but not as much as the Attitude Era for example.

That's why I think this feud is one of the best feuds going in the WWE. There's a realism that you can connect within the storyline that make it more than what most women get served to them by creative. This could actually be something where Vince and co. see a lot more than they ever did out of Naomi in the past. She had great promise with Team B.A.D. and she's super over with her overall skill set and presentation, especially that entrance.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What we haven't seen quite a bit of though out of Naomi is depth and right now we're getting that because of the affiliation with male performers. That is key to getting women over IMHO. We've seen the big tits and the revealing outfits for years. But what has always worked nicely is pairing up women and men. Only in the WWE are women and men more segregated than blacks in the 50's. Didn't use to be that way and even today we see the interaction here and there but not as much as the Attitude Era for example.

That's why I think this feud is one of the best feuds going in the WWE. There's a realism that you can connect within the storyline that make it more than what most women get served to them by creative. This could actually be something where Vince and co. see a lot more than they ever did out of Naomi in the past. She had great promise with Team B.A.D. and she's super over with her overall skill set and presentation, especially that entrance.
    Yes on what we're seeing now and how it's showing more texture to Naomi's character. One hundred percent, yes. But I don't know if it's going to be enough to really catapult Naomi moving forward. I agree that eyes could be opened, but I think it would have to do so in a tremendous way because of this next point. Honestly, I can't say that the story is being portrayed with the emphasis being on her. So again, that opens things up to where she is a gatekeeper. "Great job, Naomi. You did what we needed you to do: elevate Mandy." What you said about eyes opening for Naomi could totally play out, but I don't think this a story that's supposed to make her come out ahead more in terms of elevating her character.

To be clear, there's no doubt Naomi is more recognizable to WWE audiences compared to the back half of my list. In addition, she's athletic and very talented. That's not what I was basing my list off of. It was based on what they could be doing going forward and their ability to make more of an impact.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naomi has come a long way from her Funkadactyl beginnings.
    @BGMaverick, I forgot to mention that I agree with you for keeping Bayley out of the top list. She had an interesting character to start, but she is really overrated in the ring, and she is terrible on the mic - worse than Nia Jax, maybe even Tamina bad.

Not sure where I'd put Carmella. I didn't like her run as a champ - it felt too overpushed, but I am digging her work with R-Truth - it just feels more naturally comfortable to her.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes on what we're seeing now and how it's showing more texture to Naomi's character. One hundred percent, yes. But I don't know if it's going to be enough to really catapult Naomi moving forward. I agree that eyes could be opened, but I think it would have to do so in a tremendous way because of this next point. Honestly, I can't say that the story is being portrayed with the emphasis being on her. So again, that opens things up to where she is a gatekeeper. "Great job, Naomi. You did what we needed you to do: elevate Mandy." What you said about eyes opening for Naomi could totally play out, but I don't think this a story that's supposed to make her come out ahead more in terms of elevating her character.

To be clear, there's no doubt Naomi is more recognizable to WWE audiences compared to the back half of my list. In addition, she's athletic and very talented. That's not what I was basing my list off of. It was based on what they could be doing going forward and their ability to make more of an impact.
    Oh yeah like I said, this is Mandy's test. But I also think it's a way for Naomi to show that they haven't wasted their time and money on her because they rarely give her anything and when they have, she's knocked it out the park. Like right now, I don't think there was a quality storyline for Mandy to show what she can bring other than this one with Naomi. Naomi can wrestle, she has the Uso connection. I don't think this works with Mandy v. Lana for example and Mandy trying to fuck with Rusev. Lana is terrible in the ring and isn't very versatile outside of the Bridgitte Nielsen Rocky 4 persona she was knocking out the park every day.

I think it's already elevated Naomi's character. Again, we never really get to see Naomi as anything other than the RVD of women doing a sweet entrance. Now we're seeing the layers, and I think the WWE want Naomi to stand out just as much as Mandy here.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    @BGMaverick, I forgot to mention that I agree with you for keeping Bayley out of the top list. She had an interesting character to start, but she is really overrated in the ring, and she is terrible on the mic - worse than Nia Jax, maybe even Tamina bad.

Not sure where I'd put Carmella. I didn't like her run as a champ - it felt too overpushed, but I am digging her work with R-Truth - it just feels more naturally comfortable to her.
    Carmella as a manager type works wonders. I thought her pairing with Ellsworth was cool, I just wasn't a fan of the timing of her winning the belt. Had she cashed in sooner, like around December, it would've been better than when they pulled the trigger. Smackdown, for all it's positives, had 2 years where they fucked up royally. The mega push of Jinder in 2017 and the mega push of Carmella of 2018 really made it difficult at times to watch certain parts of the show, especially when you look at the supreme talent in comparison to those 2 I just named.

Her stuff with R-Truth....I want to like it because I like R-Truth but everytime I see Carmella I just get angry. Was her big push really due to her relationship with Cena? Same thing happened with Nikki Bella, mega push after her relationship with Cena was made public. Go back 10 years the reason they created the Divas championship was so Michelle McCool could also be a champion and people claim that was due to her relationship with Taker.....gossip in wrestling is superior to all other gossip categories lol.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bayley can certainly go in the ring, her NXT Takeover matches have more than proven that. Her mic work leaves SO MUCH to be desired, though...

I don't know, I just feel like Bayley has been given absolute shit to work with since coming up to the main roster. Buried beyond belief in her title feud with Bliss, then floating, then her potential feud with Sasha, then floating, now what? I hope she is able to prove you wrong with the tag team scene.

And she's not Tamina bad on the mic No one is that bad. I still don't understand why Tamina has a job. She is all around usually terrible.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK there is a lot of potential with Lacey Evans...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJpVM7Dvw7w

That moonsault at 6:55 is pretty damned impressive!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacey Evans has a great look, great character, she's good in the ring. And the gimmick isn't a "You're going to box yourself in with that shit". Plus I could easily see her being a top babyface.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for sharing that Lacey/Nattie match. The ladies are often as good as the guys when given time.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK there is a lot of potential with Lacey Evans...

That moonsault at 6:55 is pretty damned impressive!
    Let me just go ahead and embed that video. Some people are lazy and they don't want to click twice to watch something.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Meltzer, Rousey looks to be finishing up with WWE after Mania. This was generally the idea, going for a year and then looking to start a family, but she would still be affiliated with the company. Originally it was announced she signed a multi-year deal, but this seems to be the working impression now for everyone involved. It's possible she could still do stuff with the company but at a much reduced rate, ala Lesnar and Cena. Also possible they look to see if Ronda will work to Summerslam.

If Mania is the likely end date, makes sense why they suddenly went with Banks in the sense they could get that in before Rousey is on the way out. Have to imagine they give Lynch the rub at Mania.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's true then the fans are going to boo the ever living snot out of her come Mania. It's all going to be about BOO ROUSEY rather than watch this excellent match that's about to take place.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    If it's true then the fans are going to boo the ever living snot out of her come Mania. It's all going to be about BOO ROUSEY rather than watch this excellent match that's about to take place.
    I think she was going to get relatively booed in a triple threat, and heavily booed in a match with just Becky, but I think one or both of the competitors with Ronda would be more than enough for the audience to be invested rather than just crapping on the match.

She can lose at Mania, have a blow off of some sorts at Summerslam or just keep her on ice until Smackdown comes to Fox in October. I think we are at the point where if she's scaled back it's not the end of the world.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No matter.

Baszler is going to make Rousey feel like yesterday's news soon anyway.

I just worry about Vince's perception of the women's division if he doesn't have a marketable non wrestler to promote.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, just look at the Women's Division in 2017. Other than the Elimination Chamber and MITB matches, nothing much of note happened. We may get more of that if Rousey leaves.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly doubt that. Just the fact they will likely continue to have their own PPV each year and the big move to Fox will be enough to keep them honest.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's hope so. And I just realized the Women's Chamber match was 2018

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd still say - though the gap is narrowing - that the women's stories are still more compelling than the men's, regardless of the brand.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Ronda has basically came out and said this:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...tart-a-650202/

She's shooting down the rumor 200%. She's actually pretty hot about it, stating that people need to not worry about what she does with her vagina lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's easily a case of verbiage mattering. She should of course shoot down the rumor of leaving or quitting. That doesn't rule out the possibility of stepping away.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's easily a case of verbiage mattering. She should of course shoot down the rumor of leaving or quitting. That doesn't rule out the possibility of stepping away.
    Right. But if you pay attention to the comments, nobody is acting like she's just going on hiatus. Some think she'll be like Lesnar, maybe wrestle at Summerslam or some other big big show like Mania......To me it sounds like the typical shit dirtshitters do, they heard 2 words and run with it. She probably did an interview where she said after WM she'd like to maybe focus on a family, but every woman her age in wrestling seems to say that. I've heard Sasha Banks talk about it and she's like 25.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right. But if you pay attention to the comments, nobody is acting like she's just going on hiatus. Some think she'll be like Lesnar, maybe wrestle at Summerslam or some other big big show like Mania......To me it sounds like the typical shit dirtshitters do, they heard 2 words and run with it. She probably did an interview where she said after WM she'd like to maybe focus on a family, but every woman her age in wrestling seems to say that. I've heard Sasha Banks talk about it and she's like 25.
    It's reporting that falls short on both levels, to some extent. Meltzer's verbiage was somewhat abstract in terms of finality, because he easily corrected himself by saying it wasn't about being done with WWE for good. Obviously her quote in ESPN is more meaningful because of what she actually said. I felt like Shelburne (who is a very good reporting, primarily for the NBA) or the editing dropped the ball to some extent because it felt like more of a footnote in the article that a WWE source essentially said she can still be involved while she's evaluating or in the process of being pregnant and having a family.

As a former reporter, it feels like both went to a degree for headline-making comments (more on Meltzer's side than ESPN). That's generally the misguided approach to editors in general but it's still annoying to me.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; January 25th, 2019 at 4:53 PM.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could watch Rhea vs Kacy all day. Kacy is ridiculously athletic, and Rhea makes Kacy look like an absolute superstar. Excited to watch both of these ladies!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did they call up Nikki Cross?

Why do they still employ Alicia Fox?

What on Earth did they see in Dana Brooke?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember when there were rumors they wanted to do Charlotte v Dana at 'Mania?

Speaking of Dana, did she get a breast reduction recently? I don't know if it was the gear she was wearing in the Rumble, but she looked a bit smaller. Good for her if she did. It should help improve her mobility.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post

Speaking of Dana, did she get a breast reduction recently? I don't know if it was the gear she was wearing in the Rumble, but she looked a bit smaller. Good for her if she did. It should help improve her mobility.
    Yeah I remember those rumors. lol.

I'm just not a fan at all.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did they call up Nikki Cross?

Why do they still employ Alicia Fox?

What on Earth did they see in Dana Brooke?
    Nikki is pretty fantastic, assuming they don't kill her character right away. She bumps like a champ and has a super interesting aura about her.

Alicia. Oh lord, Alicia. She's funny and can sell the hell out of some finishers... but she's ridiculously sloppy for being an active wrestler since 2006. I've said it before, but I think she should manage one of the other women or maybe some guy on 205 and she can have a valet feud with Maria or something. Like, she's not awful in the ring, but compared to everyone else on the roster she just hasn't kept up.

Dana is an odd one to me. I want to like her. She's athletic but also kind of boring. I can't tell if her mic work is purposefully cringe worthy (like I think Natalya does) or if she is really just not good at that. Mostly I think she was brought up to the roster way too soon. She should have cooked down in NXT for another year or so.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if she took the implants out but she's definitely lost the extra weight she put on after she left NXT and it's showing in the ring. Dana looked to have a ton of potential in NXT. She seemed to get what wrestling was and could just fly around the ring. Then she was called up and not only had the boob job but seemed larger, far slower and less nimble.

Whatever she's done she's really reminding me of the woman I saw in NXT who had all that potential so good for her. I think she could still make something of herself in an Alexa Bliss kind of way. She might not ever be a ring general but she can get good enough to be passable and combine that with her above average facial expressions and ability to be in the moment and work the crowd.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alicia's got plenty of personality and seems like she'd do well in a manager role. She's good at interacting with others and showing character, etc., and seems to shine far more at that than in the ring. Specific examples where I thought she did well in that regard are in this past MMC and in the 205 romance angle with Noam Dar awhile back.

Not sure about Dana. She's athletic but other than some nice flippy moves, it doesn't seem to have translated into much wrestling ability and her mic/character work's never really seemed all that strong either.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Alicia Fox is super entertaining but I don't see any need for her to be in the ring any more. The roster's big enough. She should be managing, absolutely.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep her with Jinder.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's fine in that role.

She doesn't hinder Jinder.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    She's fine in that role.

She doesn't hinder Jinder.
    Yeah but she does look over his shoulder and distract him while he's trying to hook up online.

She hinders Jinder's Tinder.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which does prevent him from hooking up on overseas tours.

So she hinders Jinder's tinder kinder.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Yeah but she does look over his shoulder and distract him while he's trying to hook up online.

She hinders Jinder's Tinder.
    You mean she looks over he shoulder while he's trying to hook up online, but she distracts him with a few ember that have stopped giving off flames, but still contain combustible matter.

She hinders Jinder's Tinder with cinders

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg this is so awful I'm in heaven right now.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is awful. But don't let this distract you from how WWE is utilizing Alicia Fox to the detriment of Jinder's physical and mental preparations.

Not only does she constantly cause distractions during Jinder's meditation, but she's also been shown backstage interrupting Jinder's pre-match stretching routine.

So, she hinders Jinder's limber.

I'll admit that was a stretch.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 7 year old daughter pointed something out to me last night while we were watching Smackdown on Hulu.

Are there any women in the WWE with short hair? My daughter has super short hair, basically what they call a "pixie cut" like Andi Mack or Barbara Gordon from Gotham or Halsey when she's not wearing a wig.

But I can't think of any. Ruby Riott used to but not anymore.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ruby's hair was shorter again at the Rumble. Not sure if it changed for RAW?

I always thought Alexa would look good with a pixie cut.

But yeah, my wife and I have had similar conversations. There have been a couple women in the MYC but that's about it.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not since the glory days of Serena Deeb

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Not since the glory days of Serena Deeb
    Serena's glory days in WWE were in FCW. Mia Mancini > Straight Edge Serena

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to know who Daniel is going to bring in as his Serena.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nash Diesel asks a fine question. Could it be Nikki Bella? Could Nikki Cross become an obsessed Vegan (You want to play? Play with Nikki and Kale)? What about Serena Deeb herself?

If you enjoy debating this, or any other question ever, you should certainly sign up for Wilfred's Debate.

The Women's Wrestling/ Diva thread has a storied tradition of having consistent thread contributors kick ass in Wilfred's, producing multiple champions.

Could you be "The Man"?

https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?t=153573

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if she took the implants out but she's definitely lost the extra weight she put on after she left NXT and it's showing in the ring. Dana looked to have a ton of potential in NXT. She seemed to get what wrestling was and could just fly around the ring. Then she was called up and not only had the boob job but seemed larger, far slower and less nimble.

Whatever she's done she's really reminding me of the woman I saw in NXT who had all that potential so good for her. I think she could still make something of herself in an Alexa Bliss kind of way. She might not ever be a ring general but she can get good enough to be passable and combine that with her above average facial expressions and ability to be in the moment and work the crowd.
    It does feel like Dana has gotten back a bit of the mojo she lost after coming up to the main roster. I don't know if she'll get more opportunities, but at least she's back to where she was.

My 7 year old daughter pointed something out to me last night while we were watching Smackdown on Hulu.

Are there any women in the WWE with short hair? My daughter has super short hair, basically what they call a "pixie cut" like Andi Mack or Barbara Gordon from Gotham or Halsey when she's not wearing a wig.

But I can't think of any. Ruby Riott used to but not anymore.
    Yeah, Ruby is the only one that comes to mind. There's really no variety in hairstyles. The women in WWE love the long hair extensions. I don't know if the idea is too look as glamorous and larger than life as possible, but it would be nice if a few of them had different lengths. Becky and Alexa would both look great with shorter hair.

You do see non Wrestlers like Charly or Renee with short hair, but they mix in the hair extensions now and then.
    Last edited by Sasori; January 31st, 2019 at 8:03 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing women (and my girl says I don't) there is no way they all want the same haircut. That's just a marketability thing.

I think it's dumb and quite in line with that period in the mid 2000s when every single new male wrestler had a buzz cut and a back tattoo.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its more like all the mullets worn in the 80's, by male and female wrestlers

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would love it if they used this to help out some young talent like a Xia Brookside for example.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its more like all the mullets worn in the 80's, by male and female wrestlers
    I guess its a wrestling thing. If a style works for one it must work for all.

Like the beard thing.

Half the roster has a beard now. "Worked for Bryan it'll work for me."

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knowing women (and my girl says I don't) there is no way they all want the same haircut. That's just a marketability thing.

I think it's dumb and quite in line with that period in the mid 2000s when every single new male wrestler had a buzz cut and a back tattoo.
    HAHAHAHAHA No shit. Why did half of OVW look like Randy Orton? But that's my generation, 35-40 year old dudes 20 years ago all had like the Goldberg tribal tat and then either their last name on their back or some weird tribal shit that wasn't even tribal lol. Just looked like a death metal band font from Sweden.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those were truly dark days. They all looked like a bunch of tools. Christian was lucky. He escaped the back tatoo.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those were truly dark days. They all looked like a bunch of tools. Christian was lucky. He escaped the back tatoo.
    He also debuted in 1998. I think dude is talking about guys like Orton, Jindrak, Batista, Lesnar, etc. Fuck i think even Shelton had a back tat.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Random thought, but Charlotte is so much hotter with the devilish heel smile and mascara up to her eyeballs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Random thought, but Charlotte is so much hotter with the devilish heel smile and mascara up to her eyeballs.
    I must be missing some female trend because suddenly I am noticing a lot of women wearing that dark lipstick. A couple of my female friends have posted pics on IG with this dark ass lip stick. I'm not a big fan of it but hey whatever makes them happy, right?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must be missing some female trend because suddenly I am noticing a lot of women wearing that dark lipstick. A couple of my female friends have posted pics on IG with this dark ass lip stick. I'm not a big fan of it but hey whatever makes them happy, right?
    She's also heel, thatalso makes her more attractive. The darker the better lol

But she pulls the Cruella De Ville lookish off well!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's also heel, thatalso makes her more attractive. The darker the better lol

But she pulls the Cruella De Ville lookish off well!
    Is she a heel? I guess the only people she's wrestled lately were a mixed bag. Didn't she fight the IIconics after losing the TLC match?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is she a heel? I guess the only people she's wrestled lately were a mixed bag. Didn't she fight the IIconics after losing the TLC match?
    That was before the Rumble though. Yeah she went mad at Rousey at Survivor Series but you can put that down to fighting for the brand. After Rumble, Charlotte must be full heel now.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They recreated how Becky turned on her pretty much, but this will still get Charlotte massive heat and even more face heat for Becky.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was before the Rumble though. Yeah she went mad at Rousey at Survivor Series but you can put that down to fighting for the brand. After Rumble, Charlotte must be full heel now.
    Yeah she needs to be full heel now. Especially if they don't put her in the main event with Becky and Ronda. If Asuka is champ come Mania, I have a bad feeling her opponent will have them on the pre-show if it isn't Charlotte. And I think Asuka-Charlotte 3 at Mania with Asuka getting the W would be awesome.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah she needs to be full heel now. Especially if they don't put her in the main event with Becky and Ronda. If Asuka is champ come Mania, I have a bad feeling her opponent will have them on the pre-show if it isn't Charlotte. And I think Asuka-Charlotte 3 at Mania with Asuka getting the W would be awesome.
    Yeah it's gotta be an Asuka-Charlotte Mania match. Charlotte relentlessly taunting Asuka along with a rabid attach on Asuka down the line is where this feud should go.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's gotta be an Asuka-Charlotte Mania match. Charlotte relentlessly taunting Asuka along with a rabid attach on Asuka down the line is where this feud should go.
    2018 post-Mania was terrible for the SD Women's division. You not only had Charlotte end Asuka's streak, by submission, you had Charlotte lose to John Cena's new piece 2 days later and for what? Carmella is terrible. So 2019 has to be better because post-Summerslam it's been the shit.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fear they may have Charlotte lose to Asuka at Mania, but then turn around and have her (Charlotte) interfere in the main event between Becky v Rhonda.

The Man needs to beat Rhonda clean, or it will not be pretty, especially the way the crowds are reacting to Becky. I think they have to acknowledge that the pro-Becky crowds are whitehot, and will happily boo Rhonda because of it.

They haven't advertised what they are doing, and the rumors of a 3-way continue, but I am not sure what they will do with Asuka if not Charlotte. It would seem to me that since they want the press and attention of women headlining Mania, they will want to do it as early as they can.

Part of me would like to see a champ vs champ Charlotte v Becky in a 15-20 min Main event, and have Rhonda simply break Steph's arm in a 5 min singles match at Mania.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2018 post-Mania was terrible for the SD Women's division. You not only had Charlotte end Asuka's streak, by submission, you had Charlotte lose to John Cena's new piece 2 days later and for what? Carmella is terrible. So 2019 has to be better because post-Summerslam it's been the shit.
    I think they ran out of ideas for a bit when Asuka's streak ended. They tried to make Asuka look sympathetic having Ellseworth and Carmella fooling her but it only made her look bad. She still remained and is over though and I think they've realisedcthat now.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've shown before that they don't like having Charlotte go full heel. They are scared to death of using their bigger female stars as villains. It's insane. Charlotte and Sasha Banks should be heels ALWAYS. One is the best bully in the division when you let her be and the other would be the best cocky heel they have if they ever turned her.

These things have to start happening to keep the division fresh. Becky's change of attitude lit the whole division on fire. Imagine if Alexa turned cool heel or babyface sometime soon and Sasha turned full heel (not just misunderstanding with Bayley heel).

Those two moves alone would change the division on Raw in a major way.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fear they may have Charlotte lose to Asuka at Mania, but then turn around and have her (Charlotte) interfere in the main event between Becky v Rhonda.

The Man needs to beat Rhonda clean, or it will not be pretty, especially the way the crowds are reacting to Becky. I think they have to acknowledge that the pro-Becky crowds are whitehot, and will happily boo Rhonda because of it.

They haven't advertised what they are doing, and the rumors of a 3-way continue, but I am not sure what they will do with Asuka if not Charlotte. It would seem to me that since they want the press and attention of women headlining Mania, they will want to do it as early as they can.

Part of me would like to see a champ vs champ Charlotte v Becky in a 15-20 min Main event, and have Rhonda simply break Steph's arm in a 5 min singles match at Mania.
    Attempted interference but Becky fighting it off and still beating Rousey could work though.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attempted interference but Becky fighting it off and still beating Rousey could work though.
    Could be a huge risk if that's the main event, because after 7 hours of wrestling, crowd fatigue may make the reaction a bit unpredictable. The last thing they want is a "This is Boring!" chant when the crowd senses stalling while another wrestler makes the long journey down to the ring.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be a huge risk if that's the main event, because after 7 hours of wrestling, crowd fatigue may make the reaction a bit unpredictable. The last thing they want is a "This is Boring!" chant when the crowd senses stalling while another wrestler makes the long journey down to the ring.
    Who said anything about stalling? Becky and Rousey knocking shit out of each other Charlotte coming down will get instantaneous heat regardless of the PPV length.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zelina Vegan obviously. (Vegan Nox also works.)

I actually think Dakota Kai could have been pretty great in a role like that. Shame her leg has fallen off.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    Zelina Vegan obviously. (Vegan Nox also works.)

I actually think Dakota Kai could have been pretty great in a role like that. Shame her leg has fallen off.
    Good work on the vegan puns!

Yeah real shame about Dakota though. Building on the Bayzler feud could have lead to great things.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her hair was going to hold her back.

Always looks like she was just waking up.

I wonder if Brie would shave her head?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One woman who is well overdue due for a title run. Ruby Riott.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://squaredcirclesirens.com/elimi...mber-spoilers/

Thoughts, y'all? Any truth to that 6th team? I mean, I figured as much but wasn't sure.

I am cautiously optimistic about it all. I really hope women like Peyton, Billie, Sonya, Sarah, and Liv are able to shine in this match, as we already know Bayley and Sasha can deliver, and the women from the 6th team, while not overly amazing, can be entertaining. Tamina/Jax are just not good in the ring, and Mandy is still green as hell. This has potential to be an entertaining match, but I think has just as much potential to be awful if Nia/Tamina are allowed to stay in the match for an extended period of time.

Like I said, cautiously optimistic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://squaredcirclesirens.com/elimi...mber-spoilers/

Thoughts, y'all? Any truth to that 6th team? I mean, I figured as much but wasn't sure.

I am cautiously optimistic about it all. I really hope women like Peyton, Billie, Sonya, Sarah, and Liv are able to shine in this match, as we already know Bayley and Sasha can deliver, and the women from the 6th team, while not overly amazing, can be entertaining. Tamina/Jax are just not good in the ring, and Mandy is still green as hell. This has potential to be an entertaining match, but I think has just as much potential to be awful if Nia/Tamina are allowed to stay in the match for an extended period of time.

Like I said, cautiously optimistic.
    Holy fuck there is just such a gap between every team and the Boss and Hug Connection in terms of talent. Holy fuck. This would have been perfect to bring up Sane and Shirai even if this wasn't their official call up, even to j-o-b.

Why this match is in the Chamber is beyond me but I guess it's better than a standard tournament.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy fuck there is just such a gap between every team and the Boss and Hug Connection in terms of talent. Holy fuck. This would have been perfect to bring up Sane and Shirai even if this wasn't their official call up, even to j-o-b.

Why this match is in the Chamber is beyond me but I guess it's better than a standard tournament.
    You're not wrong. At all.

Don't get me wrong, Peyton, Billie, and Sarah can all go in the ring (and Liv has no problem taking some sick bumps!), but since coming to the main roster none of them have done anything spectacular in the ring. In fact, Billie actually looks worse than she did when she was on the indies...

Sky Pirates (Io/Kairi) being the 6th team would be amazing, btw. Sasha/Bayley working with them would look incredible. But we will likely see Tamina and Nia overstay their welcome in the match, squashing all of the other ladies.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're not wrong. At all.

Don't get me wrong, Peyton, Billie, and Sarah can all go in the ring (and Liv has no problem taking some sick bumps!), but since coming to the main roster none of them have done anything spectacular in the ring. In fact, Billie actually looks worse than she did when she was on the indies...

Sky Pirates (Io/Kairi) being the 6th team would be amazing, btw. Sasha/Bayley working with them would look incredible. But we will likely see Tamina and Nia overstay their welcome in the match, squashing all of the other ladies.
    I love their name, Sky Pirates.

The thing is, they can preach a women's evolution/revolution but most of the women still wrestle like Kelly Kelly is their trainer and not Sarah Del Ray.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babes. New tag division/champs. Entertaining EC match. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babes. New tag division/champs. Entertaining EC match. Thoughts?
    I'm loving the tag-team division. I have yet to watch Raw so I'm not sure how they're doing it in terms of what brand challenges the champs but either way it's cool. Love the belts, reminds me of Stardom-style championship belts.

I'm also glad they went with the obvious in Banks and Bayley. Sometimes, actually more often than not they stray from the obvious even if it's positive just to throw people off and I hate that shit.

For me, the dream match for the belts would be Boss and Hug Connection (Dumbass name) v. Sky Pirates

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't watched Raw, but from the results Ruby gave Ronda a more competitive match than at EC.

Could it really have killedcthem to do that at the PPV?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the tag belts, they're gorgeous. Totally down with the BnHC as champs, they're basically the reason the belts got made, in a sense. Hoping Riott Squad get them down the line with the Freebird rule, or else Liv/Logan get them with Ruby as Women's Champ sometime post-Mania.

I haven't watched Raw, but from the results Ruby gave Ronda a more competitive match than at EC.

Could it really have killedcthem to do that at the PPV?
    Yeah, the RAW match was basically what i was hoping for at the PPV. Almost felt like an apology match.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm loving the tag-team division. I have yet to watch Raw so I'm not sure how they're doing it in terms of what brand challenges the champs but either way it's cool. Love the belts, reminds me of Stardom-style championship belts.

I'm also glad they went with the obvious in Banks and Bayley. Sometimes, actually more often than not they stray from the obvious even if it's positive just to throw people off and I hate that shit.

For me, the dream match for the belts would be Boss and Hug Connection (Dumbass name) v. Sky Pirates
    Sounds like a great match for 'Mania. Go old school All Japan Women and make it 2/3 falls
    Last edited by Sasori; February 19th, 2019 at 7:16 PM.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It did almost feel like an apology match. Weird, but glad they were given more time.

I will echo what everyone else has said and that I love the potential behind this new division, and that Bay/Sasha are the champs. It was the obvious choice, but very clearly the right one. I thought all of the teams played their parts well in the EC match. And now that there is an actual division, women like the IIconics and FabGlow and Riott Squad will actually get more ring time with talented vets in Bay/Sash. It can only be a good thing for all. And actually, I am not one bit put off that it will be defended on NXT, too. Sky Pirates vs BnH at Wrestlemania would be a fucking stellar match.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how much of an apology it was when Ronda seemed to have no trouble dealing with all three members of the Riott Squad even after getting a severe beating from Becky the night before.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how much of an apology it was when Ronda seemed to have no trouble dealing with all three members of the Riott Squad even after getting a severe beating from Becky the night before.
    Ronda is basically Austin now. Short of Kharma returning, Tamina, Nia, Bliss along with the entire heel women's roster doing a run in she's virtually unbeatable.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean Ronda taking a beating from Charlotte at Survivor Series, then coming back the next night smiling after spinning a couple of U2 records defies logic slightly.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean Ronda taking a beating from Charlotte at Survivor Series, then coming back the next night smiling after spinning a couple of U2 records defies logic slightly.
    Must spread rep Ronda has become the most protected person in the company outside of Brock. It's such rare booking. No 50/50. Just total domination.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must spread rep Ronda has become the most protected person in the company outside of Brock. It's such rare booking. No 50/50. Just total domination.
    She is pretty damned protected. Even during the Becky beat down, Charlotte just took it while Ronda continued to try and get up. I know I am splitting hairs here, but I was like, "damn, Ronda... sell this just a little bit more, pleeeease."

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Protected my ass. You see Becky clock her w/ that crutch? (Paulie Gualtieri voice)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was good If only these two could wrestle.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was good If only these two could wrestle.

Hahaha, this is golden!

I don't understand why they are such mediocre performers on the main roster. They actually seemed a lot better on the indies... hopefully they continue to improve/get their groove back!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cracks me up every time.

"You gotta be JYORKIN me!"