Results 13,201 to 13,300 of 13686

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    You are really complaining about Austin losing the title to Kane? That first blood match where he lost was awesome including the next night where he won it back. One of my favorite attitude era memories
    Complaining, no. Saying it was a stupid booking decision, yes. I wasn't a fan of the stop and start World title runs we had been experiencing since Survivor Series 1996. If you go back, Austin never had a strong World title reign as a babyface. I actually disliked that entire year when it came to how they kept flip flopping the World title from Austin to kane back to Austin, vacated on some dumb shit, rehashed the Montreal screwjob, Rock and Foley flip flopping the belt back and forth.

Keep in mind I marked the fuck out for Foley winning, but then he lost it like a week later. Killed the joy lol. So yeah, I'm not "complaining" I'm just saying I didn't agree with the choice as it took away from Austin having a good quality reign that I was a fan of World champions having.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Complaining, no. Saying it was a stupid booking decision, yes. I wasn't a fan of the stop and start World title runs we had been experiencing since Survivor Series 1996. If you go back, Austin never had a strong World title reign as a babyface. I actually disliked that entire year when it came to how they kept flip flopping the World title from Austin to kane back to Austin, vacated on some dumb shit, rehashed the Montreal screwjob, Rock and Foley flip flopping the belt back and forth.

Keep in mind I marked the fuck out for Foley winning, but then he lost it like a week later. Killed the joy lol. So yeah, I'm not "complaining" I'm just saying I didn't agree with the choice as it took away from Austin having a good quality reign that I was a fan of World champions having.
    I get the flip flopping argument. I just thought those two nights were great so the title changes didn't bother me at all. I remember when Big Show won the title and then lost it to HHH like 2 months later lol. I was like, why didn't HHH just win the title to begin with? Bruce Prichard would say that they didn't think he was ready but then ready two months later ha

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the flip flopping argument. I just thought those two nights were great so the title changes didn't bother me at all. I remember when Big Show won the title and then lost it to HHH like 2 months later lol. I was like, why didn't HHH just win the title to begin with? Bruce Prichard would say that they didn't think he was ready but then ready two months later ha
    I didn't even get to see that Raw the following night. There was a huge power outage due to a tornado that hit right outside of my city and the winds were knocking down power lines left and right. Finally the power came back on around 8 but the cable company was still fucked so we didn't know until the next day via the internet that Austin wound up winning the belt back.

But yeah I wasn't a fan of Kane wining at all. Like I said I was sick of the stop and start title reigns. Austin was barely 2 months in and he lost it in some Russo style bullshit. And the crazy part is, I wasn't exactly a Stone Cold fan, I was more of a fan of if you're the top guy, the end all be all, you shouldn't be dropping the strap to anyone for awhile. Fast forward and it's almost like a negative if someone holds the belt longer than a month lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly is Becky's character supposed to be now? I'm being serious. Originally, her deal was "I've had to scratch and claw and fight for everything I've had". Even after winning both titles at 'Mania, she still had this kind of underdog mentality, that she was a fighter and had to keep fighting for what she had. She finally gets a win over Asuka and now she's the GOAT and even cockier than before "I've got super powers! I'm unbeatable!".

I also don't get the booking between Liv and Lana. How does this feud continue after back to back wins for Liv with the second being a squash? With the attack from Lana afterwards, I can't see this ending, but why not have Ruby cost Liv the match?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    What exactly is Becky's character supposed to be now? I'm being serious. Originally, her deal was "I've had to scratch and claw and fight for everything I've had". Even after winning both titles at 'Mania, she still had this kind of underdog mentality, that she was a fighter and had to keep fighting for what she had. She finally gets a win over Asuka and now she's the GOAT and even cockier than before "I've got super powers! I'm unbeatable!".

I also don't get the booking between Liv and Lana. How does this feud continue after back to back wins for Liv with the second being a squash? With the attack from Lana afterwards, I can't see this ending, but why not have Ruby cost Liv the match?
    Untouchable Becky. She conquered the thorn in her side and now she has nothing but confidence. That could get grating in a hurry, though...especially if there's not a lot left ahead of her in terms of challenges. They'd never do it, but it'd be kind of interesting to go back down the well of Rollins and Becky now with a switch for Becky. It was a hell of convenience to show Becky and Rollins together when it served a purpose for a mixed tag but there's not a whiff of it now that they're doing entirely different things.

They sure as heck continued things with Murphy and Black and there weren't any problems. Main issue is the quality is down the drain in this scenario. If anything, there's promise because on the surface, this seems like they're distancing Lashley and Lana a bit so Lana can go back into the role of the second to someone. In this case, she'd be Riott's second, but it's all in conjunction to serve the bigger purpose: help get Liv over. But that's why you didn't have Riott cost the match, because that kills win-loss momentum for someone you're trying to build up.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Untouchable Becky. She conquered the thorn in her side and now she has nothing but confidence. That could get grating in a hurry, though...especially if there's not a lot left ahead of her in terms of challenges. They'd never do it, but it'd be kind of interesting to go back down the well of Rollins and Becky now with a switch for Becky. It was a hell of convenience to show Becky and Rollins together when it served a purpose for a mixed tag but there's not a whiff of it now that they're doing entirely different things.

They sure as heck continued things with Murphy and Black and there weren't any problems. Main issue is the quality is down the drain in this scenario. If anything, there's promise because on the surface, this seems like they're distancing Lashley and Lana a bit so Lana can go back into the role of the second to someone. In this case, she'd be Riott's second, but it's all in conjunction to serve the bigger purpose: help get Liv over. But that's why you didn't have Riott cost the match, because that kills win-loss momentum for someone you're trying to build up.
    Yeah, if I didn't know better, I'd say Becky is primed for a heel turn. Having her side with Seth isn't going to happen, but I imagine they would be the second coming of Edge and Lita. I just hope this new level of arrogance is short lived and scrappy Becky returns once her 'Mania opponent surfaces.

I think that's where I was confused. Is Lana going to play second fiddle to Ruby? I guess I was caught off guard because everything's been about getting Lana over, but Liv was shown to be the superior wrestler. This would mark the second or third time they pushed Lana as a wrestler only to relegate her back to being a manager. If they're switching gears and quietly phasing out the Lana, Lashley, and Rusev storyline, it doesn't feel like there was any real pay off.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, if I didn't know better, I'd say Becky is primed for a heel turn. Having her side with Seth isn't going to happen, but I imagine they would be the second coming of Edge and Lita. I just hope this new level of arrogance is short lived and scrappy Becky returns once her 'Mania opponent surfaces.

I think that's where I was confused. Is Lana going to play second fiddle to Ruby? I guess I was caught off guard because everything's been about getting Lana over, but Liv was shown to be the superior wrestler. This would mark the second or third time they pushed Lana as a wrestler only to relegate her back to being a manager. If they're switching gears and quietly phasing out the Lana, Lashley, and Rusev storyline, it doesn't feel like there was any real pay off.
    I doubt they're turning Becky because she's still got so much momentum. The issue is having enough people for her to tussle with. If she became a heel, no one is remotely close to ready and the issue worsens.

I'm presuming Lana will be the second fiddle to Riott. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but Lana was the conduit to try to get Rusev and (to a lesser degree) Lashley over. There was a payoff but it wasn't a good one where the people you wanted to see get their comeuppance really didn't get that. I guess they did in some ways because Lana has been put in her place to an extent by Liv. The way I'm projecting, Lana really will get hers because this just looks like a program that is about getting Liv over. Problem is, Rusev hasn't done anything since the stuff played out so that's not ideal at this current state.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt they're turning Becky because she's still got so much momentum. The issue is having enough people for her to tussle with. If she became a heel, no one is remotely close to ready and the issue worsens.

I'm presuming Lana will be the second fiddle to Riott. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but Lana was the conduit to try to get Rusev and (to a lesser degree) Lashley over. There was a payoff but it wasn't a good one where the people you wanted to see get their comeuppance really didn't get that. I guess they did in some ways because Lana has been put in her place to an extent by Liv. The way I'm projecting, Lana really will get hers because this just looks like a program that is about getting Liv over. Problem is, Rusev hasn't done anything since the stuff played out so that's not ideal at this current state.
    Take it with a grain of salt, but I read a report when this storyline started that Rusev was supposed to come out of this looking really good Like you said, this whole thing was to get the men over, but somewhere along the line it became all about Lana. Rusev's no better off than when this whole thing started. I agree that Liv might be the one who benefits the most. This is like the Rusev, Lana, and Ziggler storyline all over again with Summer Rae being the only one who benefited from it, short lived as it was.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky Lynch isn't going heel. She needs to keep watching Conor McGregor because I can tell she's pulling inspiration from that man. Who just so happens to be one of the most popular sports figures on the planet and by far the biggest draw in MMA-despite having his own set of anti-McGregor fans.

So what will come across as "oh she's so fucking cocky now gross!" will also come across as "I'm glad we have someone who is extremely confident and entertaining as well!"

Personally, I don't see her going heel but if she did it wouldn't shock me depending on the situation. I definitely don't want to see WWE do some corny shit with her and Seth again, god damn that was brutal. I truly believe this was the start of Seth's decline in popularity because he came across as such a beta male.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the plan is to turn her heel but we'll see how the fans take to her confident character. I will say the sunglasses shit is corny and the King saying something about her wearing sunglasses as night was lame. one would think she is even going to get more full of herself after beating Asuka again.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think the plan is to turn her heel but we'll see how the fans take to her confident character. I will say the sunglasses shit is corny and the King saying something about her wearing sunglasses as night was lame. one would think she is even going to get more full of herself after beating Asuka again.
    It was more bad on King's part because he mixed up two sayings about sunglasses into one lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's weird because a lot of fans will cheer a cocky heel but boo a confident face. Which is weird, and I'm not saying she is on the same exact identical level as these 2 but John Cena and The Rock really thrived in that role as confident babyfaces. I"m mainly talking Cena during his US title and first WWE title reign. Shit fast forward to his feud with The Rock when he went back to the old school Cena persona, fans were eating it up. And like I said, I can tell she's been taking a page from McGregor and he has his share of "haters" but he also has his hefty share of supporters.

What she has to worry about is not coming across as a douchebag. So far so good but WWE can put words in a talent's mouth that backfires.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's weird because a lot of fans will cheer a cocky heel but boo a confident face. Which is weird, and I'm not saying she is on the same exact identical level as these 2 but John Cena and The Rock really thrived in that role as confident babyfaces. I"m mainly talking Cena during his US title and first WWE title reign. Shit fast forward to his feud with The Rock when he went back to the old school Cena persona, fans were eating it up. And like I said, I can tell she's been taking a page from McGregor and he has his share of "haters" but he also has his hefty share of supporters.

What she has to worry about is not coming across as a douchebag. So far so good but WWE can put words in a talent's mouth that backfires.
    Very true. I think it's how that person pulls it off, the booking, and the commentary. Like I said you can't have Jerry or Saxton saying some corny shit on commentary. You can't have Becky coming across as a douche. It all has sync perfectly or you end up like Seth Rollins.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very true. I think it's how that person pulls it off, the booking, and the commentary. Like I said you can't have Jerry or Saxton saying some corny shit on commentary. You can't have Becky coming across as a douche. It all has sync perfectly or you end up like Seth Rollins.
    I'm only about 40 minutes into Raw so I have yet to see her so I'll have to check and see how the commentary was presented. Was Lawler talking shit? He's been coming across as more of a heel lately. And Byron fucking sucks so why he's even there I have no clue. I'm glad they got rid of Vic Joseph, now they just need to get rid of the dude on 205. Sick of these Michael Cole/Josh Matthews sounding turds.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm only about 40 minutes into Raw so I have yet to see her so I'll have to check and see how the commentary was presented. Was Lawler talking shit? He's been coming across as more of a heel lately. And Byron fucking sucks so why he's even there I have no clue. I'm glad they got rid of Vic Joseph, now they just need to get rid of the dude on 205. Sick of these Michael Cole/Josh Matthews sounding turds.
    she was wearing sunglasses for some reason.

he said something like her future is so bright she has to wear sunglasses at night. just came off as lame. and flexed like a superhero. I don't know just came off as campy for me. I could be in the minority.

she was much more likable heading into Mania last year

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    she was wearing sunglasses for some reason.

he said something like her future is so bright she has to wear sunglasses at night. just came off as lame. and flexed like a superhero. I don't know just came off as campy for me. I could be in the minority.

she was much more likable heading into Mania last year
    2 reasons I would guess would be her big push was a breath of fresh air and she had super bitch Ronda Rousey and lame ass Charlotte on the other side.

I don't really see anything unlikable about her at all. You could be in the minority on this one.

I do know that there are fans who are over Becky Lynch, people thinking she should be fighting from the bottom and chasing the title instead of being a dominant champion. Which is hilarious to me because the reason she got over in late 2018 was due to the fact fans were sick of her fighting from the bottom and chasing the title and not being a dominant champion.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sunglasses easily came across to me as working off the Deal With It meme and how she just sees herself as unstoppable now. I can see how she comes across as unlikable. I just don't find her or the division that interesting. The division might be slightly improving, which should help her, but we'll see. Just me obviously, but the segment with Becky and Asuka was the third most interesting thing for the women that night. Maybe fourth.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 5th, 2020 at 5:12 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sunglasses easily came across to me as working off the Deal With It meme and how she just sees herself as unstoppable now. I can see how she comes across as unlikable. I just don't find her or the division that interesting. The division might be slightly improving, which should help her, but we'll see. Just me obviously, but the segment with Becky and Asuka was the third most interesting thing for the women that night. Maybe fourth.
    I'll definitely have to come back to this after finishing Raw. The only segment I've seen with women in it so far was the ultra uber predictable turn by Ruby. I'll just say I'm not and never have been a fan of the Riot Squad or any of the 3 involved beyond thinking Liv was hot. And Lana.....she's so fucking worthless....so yeah I'm hoping that whatever else is left (Rhea Ripley challenging Charlotte has me intrigued) isn't as bad as what you are telling me because damn that's depressing.

But hey they all can't be winners, not even sure why Becky and Asuka are having a segment to begin with considering that ship has sailed but I'll have to check it out.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, putting a patch of a goat on your jacket that says GOAT and wearing meme glasses is pretty douchey already.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know, putting a patch of a goat on your jacket that says GOAT and wearing meme glasses is pretty douchey already.
    Is it though? I'm not negative to it. For one it's just merch and it's better than having an actual goat like they did our boy Daniel Bryan making him look like a buffoon.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it though? I'm not negative to it. For one it's just merch and it's better than having an actual goat like they did our boy Daniel Bryan making him look like a buffoon.
    I definitely think it is. Sunglasses at night while indoors is lame

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely think it is. Sunglasses at night while indoors is lame
    lol. Maybe. But literally everyone you think is cool does it. Name 10 people in Hollywood you like, I'll find you 10 pictures of them wearing sunglasses indoors.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. Maybe. But literally everyone you think is cool does it. Name 10 people in Hollywood you like, I'll find you 10 pictures of them wearing sunglasses indoors.
    i think Flair used to do it and pulled it off. Maybe she can.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think Flair used to do it and pulled it off. Maybe she can.
    Knocking someone for wearing sunglasses indoors, to me, is like hearing old people telling the youth to stop turning their baseball hat backwards.

The Rock pulled it off. Batista, Edge, Christian, Bret Hart, the list goes on. And you're not the only one stuck on her wearing sunglasses indoors.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knocking someone for wearing sunglasses indoors, to me, is like hearing old people telling the youth to stop turning their baseball hat backwards.

The Rock pulled it off. Batista, Edge, Christian, Bret Hart, the list goes on. And you're not the only one stuck on her wearing sunglasses indoors.
    it just seems too random. Maybe she can pull it off. It just seems forced that's all

Bret Hart-was basically always part of his gimmick to give to a fan
    Edge/Christian-were douche bag heels
    The Rock and Batista did a great job pulling the look off. The Rock was always a d-bag heel or face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it just seems too random. Maybe she can pull it off. It just seems forced that's all

Bret Hart-was basically always part of his gimmick to give to a fan
    Edge/Christian-were douche bag heels
    The Rock and Batista did a great job pulling the look off. The Rock was always a d-bag heel or face.
    Edge/Christian also wore glasses when they were faces, Edge debuted wearing glasses.

I mean I get it, I'm not dying on the hill, but it sounds like we're getting into nitpicking because she's a top talent whereas nobody would probably give a shit if she was midcard.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sasha also wore/wears glasses for her entrance. I don't give a crap about Becky wearing glasses. My only gripe was King botching his line lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sasha also wore/wears glasses for her entrance. I don't give a crap about Becky wearing glasses. My only gripe was King botching his line lol.
    she did it from the start and it was part of her gimmick. You can say the same for Diesel. Big Daddy Cool. He didn't one day try to be cool give himself a nickname and wear it. I guess I am complaining over nothing but it just didn't work for me

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    she did it from the start and it was part of her gimmick. You can say the same for Diesel. Big Daddy Cool. He didn't one day try to be cool give himself a nickname and wear it. I guess I am complaining over nothing but it just didn't work for me

Maybe she needs to rock the steam punk gear again?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, the easy answer is evolution of a character and relating to modern day social media culture. The bigger concern to me is how they plan to maintain Becky as an enjoyable/entertaining face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me, the easy answer is evolution of a character and relating to modern day social media culture. The bigger concern to me is how they plan to maintain Becky as an enjoyable/entertaining face.
    Ronda, Nia, or Shayna for Mania. Those 3 names right there can carry Becky to at least Survivor Series imo.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ronda, Nia, or Shayna for Mania. Those 3 names right there can carry Becky to at least Survivor Series imo.
    I meant more from her actual perspective in terms of her character. She's getting a little more braggadocious or flamboyant and that might turn some people off along the way. May not but I'm just interested to see where it goes for her.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant more from her actual perspective in terms of her character. She's getting a little more braggadocious or flamboyant and that might turn some people off along the way. May not but I'm just interested to see where it goes for her.
    All of that depends on who she's working with. If you hate the person she's feuding with then you're going to be more relaxed on her being flamboyant and cocky. If she's against someone that a lot of people enjoy, they might not be into it or it might not work against someone at all and comes off as forced.

I don't think Stone Cold Steve Austin would be who he is today if he worked with Headbanger Thrasher and Meat. Just a loose example, not meant to compare Becky and Austin side by side in great detail. I'm just saying it definitely depends on your dance partner because pro wrestling isn't just about watching someone solo in the ring cutting promos for 10 years.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of that depends on who she's working with. If you hate the person she's feuding with then you're going to be more relaxed on her being flamboyant and cocky. If she's against someone that a lot of people enjoy, they might not be into it or it might not work against someone at all and comes off as forced.

I don't think Stone Cold Steve Austin would be who he is today if he worked with Headbanger Thrasher and Meat. Just a loose example, not meant to compare Becky and Austin side by side in great detail. I'm just saying it definitely depends on your dance partner because pro wrestling isn't just about watching someone solo in the ring cutting promos for 10 years.
    I more or less agree but I'd add a condition that it's not an immediate rehash, which Asuka is in the short term...which is why I held it in such low regard for what happened on that episode. It was just introducing a new wrinkle to Becky's character but I doubt they're suddenly changing gears with Asuka and she'll get the belt.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 6th, 2020 at 3:13 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I more or less agree but I'd add a condition that it's not an immediate rehash, which Asuka is in the short term...which is why I held it in such low regard for what happened on that episode. It was just introducing a new wrinkle to Becky's character but I doubt they're suddenly changing gears with Asuka and she'll get the belt.
    Oh yeah none of those names dropped would be immediate rehashes. Those 3 women could keep Lynch busy for a while and there's plenty of people waiting in the wings to step in if something starts to get stale.

We can't forget about Ember Moon either. She needs some serious character development and maybe her being out has given them plenty of time to add a little more to her. I'm not high on Ruby Riot, but you never know what might come of a feud with Becky Lynch. I'm just throwing shit out there with those 2 names as possibilities, we just have to actually see the story to really decide if it's working.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine they'll throw someone like Baszler at Becky for 'Mania, but I haven't a clue what they'll do with Bayley. I missed Smackdown, so I don't know if they've moved on from Lacey or not. I don't really want to see another feud with Sasha, but they've got to do something to get people excited about that division. The best thing going right now is the storyline between Mandy and Otis.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine they'll throw someone like Baszler at Becky for 'Mania, but I haven't a clue what they'll do with Bayley. I missed Smackdown, so I don't know if they've moved on from Lacey or not. I don't really want to see another feud with Sasha, but they've got to do something to get people excited about that division. The best thing going right now is the storyline between Mandy and Otis.
    I imagine it'll be Noami, who confronted Bayley on Friday. Either that or a four-way with those two being the major players.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine it'll be Noami, who confronted Bayley on Friday. Either that or a four-way with those two being the major players.
    Oh yeah, Naomi made her big return at the Rumble. She's a good choice to start a program with Bayley, although I do think a four-way would create more interest in the long run for 'Mania.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mania looks like this to me if I booked it:

Shayna vs. Becky
    Bayley vs. Naomi or fourway with those two, Lacey, and Carmella could be an option
    Rhea vs. Charlotte or Rhea vs. Charlotte vs. Bianca
    Kabuki Warriors vs. Bliss and Cross vs. Divas of Doom vs. NXT Team

Female rumble with Mandy and Sonya being the key figures.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm down with that card.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is very much not my kind of music but...

...this is pretty good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post

...this is pretty good.
    2 things....First off how did this dorky band pull this off? Second, I got some really strong Drake and Josh vibes from the production of that video. Not a knock just took me back to when my older kids would watch that show all the time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't understand why they would have Carmella pin Naomi when Dana was there. This was also Naomi's first match back and they decide to have her lose

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't understand why they would have Carmella pin Naomi when Dana was there. This was also Naomi's first match back and they decide to have her lose
    Mania isn't for two months so there's time there.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post

...this is pretty good.

Wait.... this.... is a ...... real song?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I remember when music videos had a budget.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Wait.... this.... is a ...... real song?
    She’s a big fan of them, they’re a big fan of her.

It’s cheesy but then again I like cheese.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was surprised because it's February and usually they pitch Naomi the title for a quick run around this time.

Honestly, I figured it was going to be Dana Brooke. But then I remembered it wasn't Main Event, or against Sarah Logan. I know she had the triple threat tag win with Lacey Evans, but damn she does not win very often.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm reading rumors that the IIconics have been pulled from TV to be repackaged. Don't know how much stock to put into this.

Mania isn't for two months so there's time there.
    True, but after Naomi made a statement the week before by stepping up to Bayley, you'd figure they would follow through and not have her take a loss immediately. They could have had Naomi hit her finisher and just as she's about to cover Dana, Carmella throws her out of the ring and steals the win. Pretty simple booking and something Carmella's done in the past.

I was surprised because it's February and usually they pitch Naomi the title for a quick run around this time.

Honestly, I figured it was going to be Dana Brooke. But then I remembered it wasn't Main Event, or against Sarah Logan. I know she had the triple threat tag win with Lacey Evans, but damn she does not win very often.
    I can't see Dana as anything but enhancement talent.
    Last edited by Sasori; February 10th, 2020 at 6:51 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but after Naomi made a statement the week before by stepping up to Bayley, you'd figure they would follow through and not have her take a loss immediately. They could have had Naomi hit her finisher and just as she's about to cover Dana, Carmella throws her out of the ring and steals the win. Pretty simple booking and something Carmella's done in the past.
    The exact explanation you gave provided an exact reason for doing what they did: avoiding the predictable outcome. If it's that formulaic and Carmella has done it before, do you really need to run the same finish again? Not a bad instance of zagging and that helps the cause in making your new No. 1 that viable, which seems to be something they want to do at least in this scenario. Carmella outright won and didn't just steal the win. That feels fresh for that multi-person match. As for Naomi, shit happens in a fatal four-way and now she's got time to build herself up to peak at Mania. The only thing that works against her is if Carmella and Bayley show dynamic chemistry and that transitions into something more than a transition feud.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 10th, 2020 at 6:56 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queen Cathy Kelly commented today and said that Takeover on Sunday is her last venture with WWE. No word on what her next step will be.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I will be in mourning for a while

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will make for an interesting post-Takeover interview with Triple H, I’m sure.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naomi via The Women's Wrestling Weekly Podcast on her life over the last year or so.

“2019 kicked my ass, pretty much. I lost my cousin, who was like a sister-cousin. Same age. She passed tragically giving birth so that was — I had never experienced [having to] deal with anything like that, and there was just no way I could focus and work going through that. So I took time off for that. Also, before that happened, I was just extremely exhausted, extremely tired, maybe for the like the past year and, we all work so hard and we never wanna say, ‘I need time off’ or ‘I need a break.’ Only time in ten years I’ve ever taken time off, legitimately, was due to injuries and even that isn’t time off because you’re so stressed out about missing out, your spot being taken and trying to rehab. That’s probably one of the most stressful things so, I finally just had to get myself together, mentally, emotionally, physically. I was just breaking down so when I asked for that time off to bury my cousin and to go back home and be there with my family, and her kids that are left here, I end up going to the doctor just to see what was wrong with me because it was very hard for me to get through matches. I was extremely fatigued all the time. I was literally chugging energy drinks just to get through the days of travel and matches. I didn’t know what was wrong. I found out I was severely anemic. I never knew that. So bad to the point where the doctors told me had I came in later, whatever count was at a 9.4, if it would’ve got under a nine, then I probably would’ve [needed] a blood transfusion which that blew my mind, because I always thought I’m fine, I’m healthy, I’m working out everyday, I’m eating good. But it was that, and I found out I had a stomach ulcer. I found out I was completely Vitamin D deficient, so I was just… I don’t even know how I was going through everything and life and my schedule that way, and so finding that out really woke me up and helped me to realize that I really need to take better care of myself instead of being so focused on everyone and everything else.

"And just taking a mental break. That’s what it was more than anything, and I didn’t expect to be off that long but, that’s just how it ended up happening and how storylines went and I needed it. That was a hard time, a scary time because obviously I miss work, and you never wanna take off for those kind of things and yeah. I was really able to reconnect with my family, my loved ones, my friends who I haven’t seen in years just because I’ve been on the road and traveling and so focused on work and the schedules never work.”
    She also noted on what she wanted to do during her down time on Smackdown.

“I asked about a year ago to go down to NXT to work. I just think NXT is awesome. I love NXT and also, the time I wasn’t being used much on the main roster so, I was like, ‘Dang, can I go down there and just see what I can get into, what could happen, and the talent down there is just so good.’ Just so good, and this was at the time where… I love Bianca, and her personality and her spirit is even more beautiful so, that was one idea I had. I either wanted to go work against her or to be with her or to do this story but it wasn’t the right time and also, B is a star all on her own and I think they want her to be that and come into her own but, it’s just a dream of mine because we’ve never officially had two African-American tag team champions. That’s never happened, and I think, it might’ve been me and Cameron — we were the first legit, two black tag team females.”

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naomi via The Women's Wrestling Weekly Podcast on her life over the last year or so.

She also noted on what she wanted to do during her down time on Smackdown.
    Thanks for posting this. Naomi has never been in my top five wrestlers, don't hate her at all, I just never got overly excited with her. But this is a reminder that they are all humans and need breaks every so often, too. Glad she is healthy again, and I am actually glad to see her on TV as it is something different.

And love that she gave Bianca such praise. Bianca went from a clearly ridiculously athletic woman to a legit superstar in a relatively small amount of time. She's great, and I legit hope she is added into the Charlotte/Rhea match, with her picking up the surprise win, just so Rhea can move to Raw and feud with Charlotte over the summer.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found an interesting stat.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's nearly 7 years worth.

Jesus

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Charlotte has almost as many days as Becky and Sasha combined

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per PWInsider, Rhea Ripley will be off TV for an unknown time period due to the fact her work visa has expired. She had to return to Australia as part of the process to get it renewed. In light of world events with the pandemic, it could be a while until she’s actually able to be back stateside.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really sucks.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per PWInsider, Rhea Ripley will be off TV for an unknown time period due to the fact her work visa has expired. She had to return to Australia as part of the process to get it renewed. In light of world events with the pandemic, it could be a while until she’s actually able to be back stateside.
    I've always been curious how a work visa for a pro wrestler works and why WWE weren't able to prevent it from expiring. Could that be why she dropped the title? One would think unless it was already in the cards to have Flair go over and give a mega boost to NXT. Her and Balor are huge grabs for the brand, I liken it to when ECW got Benoit in the draft.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandy's recent social interactions have been... quite eye catching.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Found an interesting stat.

Charlotte = 74 days on average
    Bayley = 133 days on average
    Becky = 145 days on average
    Sasha = 54 days on average

I'm also one of those people who are like, you may have 12 title reigns but that also means you've lost the title at least 11 times.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's insane how they debuted... 5 year ago? And Charlotte's had a dozen title reigns?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And very few of Charlotte's reigns have been memorable. Her first run with the RAW title and her first with the Smackdown title are the only ones of significance. Every other time, she dropped it a month or two after winning it, sometimes even less.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There was a few months where Sasha and Charlotte traded title wins seemingly every week

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sasha could win the hell out a title but she can't defend it worth a damn.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll guarantee you the most commonly searched term along with any of those women in that social engagement graph is "feet".

Just a hunch. For a little while Eva Longoria was the most commonly searched woman on the internet and the most closely matched search term with her was "feet".

Because foot fetish people are dangerous and creepy. And they're like the Terminator. They absolutely will not and cannot be stopped.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    I'll guarantee you the most commonly searched term along with any of those women in that social engagement graph is "feet".

Just a hunch. For a little while Eva Longoria was the most commonly searched woman on the internet and the most closely matched search term with her was "feet".

Because foot fetish people are dangerous and creepy. And they're like the Terminator. They absolutely will not and cannot be stopped.
    Never understood the fascination...I have feet.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's talk about Tamina.

How has she lasted this long? Promo? Nope. Athletic? Nope. Can she wrestle? Nope. Look? Nope. Her hiring was purely based on his father and we know plenty of wrestlers that have come and gone and some still there due to this, no big deal if you can carry your own weight.

Now we're getting the whole "People want new faces in the title picture, now we have one and people are bitching! FICKLE!!" Wrong. And I'm not pulling this out of thin air. Go to any post about Tamina since pre-Mania on any WWE social media page and there's essentially 3 camps:

Camp 1: The pro-Tamina crowd who are probably family or just very positive fans who would be cheering any jabroni no matter who it was.

Camp 2: The ones who I just spoke of saying that basically quality doesn't matter.

Camp 3: The opening of my post lol.

The only time I ever found Tamina to be useful was the time she was like Diesel to AJ Lee's HBK. Remember when Diesel would basically just throw a big punch and fuck someone up, roll them back in and HBK gets the pin? That was Tamina. Superkick, AJ Lee gets the W. She's also been a square peg to the round hole that is pro wrestling. And God damn most of it she's spent injured.

There are so many women, probably making less, that the WWE could be bringing up to the main roster. I mean, I'm sure some might go "AEW will use Tamina better" (LOL @ AEW's women's division) but I think it's time for Vince and co. to cut ties. And why the fuck is she getting a push while that Dark Side episode is hot about her dad? Fuckin weirdos.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Tamina resurgence has been perplexing. She's got nothing to offer. Can't talk. Can't work. Just stands around like she doesn't even want to be there. And remember that tag match she and Nia had with Bayley and Sasha last year? Tamina blew spot after spot. Just terrible all around.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamina has made a career of being non-existent. She shows up, gets a minute push... gets injured... then leaves for 6-9 months. Rinse, repeat. I can't imagine she's ever getting a title reign, but why push her at the expense of the real talent?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because even when WWE hears the message that they should rotate people in and out of the main storylines, they don't truly listen.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Late night ramblings:

Tamina vs Bayley is a waste and is clearly filler/made to add to the inevitable Sasha vs Bayley, but it really could have been anyone else. It should have been Carmella because she at least has charisma and actual history with Bayley. Tamina has always been garbage in the ring.

Liv Morgan has no right to be as good as she is in the ring. She's no HW or Io/Asuka/Kairi, but damn, she really has been busting her ass the past year. Ruby is fantastic as always, too. Shame about Sarah Logan. I was actually a fan of her indie work, so here's hoping they bring her back as Crazy Mary.

OMG Shayna is a borefest. I've no idea why she's getting the push she's getting. I don't dislike her because she's a "good heel" I dislike her because she is boring as fuck.

NXT women have really been stepping it up. The ladder match, while not as good as WarGames, was really quite entertaining. I really dig Rhea, Candice, Dakota, Tegan, Mia, Io, and Shotzi. Plus, I think this could be a nice, breakout year for Kacy C. in NXT.

Ok goodnight y'all.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia continues to be either the most gifted wrestler in terms of performing moves on opponents that looks radically unsafe....or she's very unsafe.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was cringing watching Nia throw Kairi around the ring. Like she just didn't give a damn. I think Pentagon Jr. treated Kairi better when he beat the crap out of her for 10 min. in LU.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean look at Lesnar. Sometimes you're just holy fuck that dude just does not care....And I've yet to really hear anyone say he's careless. I've heard he works snug which is understandable many many wrestlers do....but sometimes I'm like holy fuck he didn't even care where AJ was going on that suplex lol.

So could that be the case with Nia? It looks sloppy but it's safe? I'm leaning toward she's just sloppy and like Viscera didn't fully understand how to work like a big man. Yoko could drop a leg on you, light as a feather. Viscera gives you the Earthquake finisher and crushes your fucking chest cavity!

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    Late night ramblings:

Tamina vs Bayley is a waste and is clearly filler/made to add to the inevitable Sasha vs Bayley, but it really could have been anyone else. It should have been Carmella because she at least has charisma and actual history with Bayley. Tamina has always been garbage in the ring.

Liv Morgan has no right to be as good as she is in the ring. She's no HW or Io/Asuka/Kairi, but damn, she really has been busting her ass the past year. Ruby is fantastic as always, too. Shame about Sarah Logan. I was actually a fan of her indie work, so here's hoping they bring her back as Crazy Mary.

OMG Shayna is a borefest. I've no idea why she's getting the push she's getting. I don't dislike her because she's a "good heel" I dislike her because she is boring as fuck.

NXT women have really been stepping it up. The ladder match, while not as good as WarGames, was really quite entertaining. I really dig Rhea, Candice, Dakota, Tegan, Mia, Io, and Shotzi. Plus, I think this could be a nice, breakout year for Kacy C. in NXT.

Ok goodnight y'all.
    Funny thing is...I think Tamina is going to win. I think Sasha is going to cost Bayley the title and then cash in on Tamina immediately after. That's if they do the women's prior. So the year long reign as champion ends where it began for Bayley but possibly due to shady means. If one of them is going to be a heel, Sasha is the better of the two.

But how funny will that be, all these years Tamina gets the title only to lose it like 2 minutes later. She sucks.

The Riott Squad have been fucked since the start. Literally from debut until now everything that has happened has pretty much sucked or been dumb as hell. They debut as just some random trio the night after another random trio (Absolution) debuts on Raw doing the same routine. They had a little bit of shine with Ronda Rousey for a few weeks but then it was back to job squad.

Individually it's been worse. Ruby was hurt, Sarah was on Main Event wrestling the same 2 women every week, and Liv.....Poor Liv.

Shayna...I have to agree. She had her thing in NXT and she peaked. I'm not negative toward the push or the ability, but I am toward the presentation at times. This whole "biting your flesh" bullshit was just a bad way to kick off your Raw run. Dominant in a boring ass Elimination Chamber, arguably the worst one ever. Match with Becky was good but the lack of crowd hurts the vibe.

I don't know....If there was a chance to get her a little more character it might have been with a victory over Becky but clearly the WWE don't see that as a financially positive result.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was cringing watching Nia throw Kairi around the ring. Like she just didn't give a damn. I think Pentagon Jr. treated Kairi better when he beat the crap out of her for 10 min. in LU.
    Still better than watching Tamina moving around slower than a sack of tatties and lifting her leg for a superķick like a dog about to have a piss.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nosh Diesel View Post
    Still better than watching Tamina moving around slower than a sack of tatties and lifting her leg for a superķick like a dog about to have a piss.
    I'd disagree because your scenario just looks bad, while Nia's potentially really injures Kairi. It looked brutal.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd disagree because your scenario just looks bad, while Nia's potentially really injures Kairi. It looked brutal.
    Humour sir!

For the record I didn’t notice anything too dangerous really, just Nia sloppiness.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the altered buckle bomb (low turnbuckle) she applied to Kairi. Nia tweeted it. It's easily a case where some serious whiplash could go down.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That being said, Nia is still sloppy and needs fine-tuning in her offense in case she does hurt someone (hi Becky) but there is so much better talent on the roster I'm not sure she's worth another investment. Alexa bullying and making funof Nia was a great ideain theory but zero chemistry in thering and their matches were a chore.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the altered buckle bomb (low turnbuckle) she applied to Kairi. Nia tweeted it. It's easily a case where some serious whiplash could go down.
    That is true, think all wrestlers should stop doing that. Look at Seth/Sting and they're leagues ahead. Dangerous move dor anyone not just Nia.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That being said, Nia is still sloppy and needs fine-tuning in her offense in case she does hurt someone (hi Becky) but there is so much better talent on the roster I'm not sure she's worth another investment. Alexa bullying and making funof Nia was a great ideain theory but zero chemistry in thering and their matches were a chore.
    They easily could have market corrected Nia with someone like Jordynne Grace.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    Late night ramblings:

Ok goodnight y'all.
    We've talked allot about Dana Brooke. She spent the better part of year going back to the Performance Center to improve her skills, but after all the work she put in, the best you could say about her is that she's mediocre.

On the other hand, Liv has improved considerably in the ring. She's gotten more comfortable working as a singles wrestler and you can see her work hard to execute every move properly. She might not have natural talent, but she makes up for it with her determination (does that mean she has "grit", lol). The main thing holding her back is the lack of a defining character.

I mean look at Lesnar. Sometimes you're just holy fuck that dude just does not care....And I've yet to really hear anyone say he's careless. I've heard he works snug which is understandable many many wrestlers do....but sometimes I'm like holy fuck he didn't even care where AJ was going on that suplex lol.

So could that be the case with Nia? It looks sloppy but it's safe? I'm leaning toward she's just sloppy and like Viscera didn't fully understand how to work like a big man. Yoko could drop a leg on you, light as a feather. Viscera gives you the Earthquake finisher and crushes your fucking chest cavity!

Funny thing is...I think Tamina is going to win. I think Sasha is going to cost Bayley the title and then cash in on Tamina immediately after. That's if they do the women's prior. So the year long reign as champion ends where it began for Bayley but possibly due to shady means. If one of them is going to be a heel, Sasha is the better of the two.

But how funny will that be, all these years Tamina gets the title only to lose it like 2 minutes later. She sucks.

The Riott Squad have been fucked since the start. Literally from debut until now everything that has happened has pretty much sucked or been dumb as hell. They debut as just some random trio the night after another random trio (Absolution) debuts on Raw doing the same routine. They had a little bit of shine with Ronda Rousey for a few weeks but then it was back to job squad.

Individually it's been worse. Ruby was hurt, Sarah was on Main Event wrestling the same 2 women every week, and Liv.....Poor Liv.

Shayna...I have to agree. She had her thing in NXT and she peaked. I'm not negative toward the push or the ability, but I am toward the presentation at times. This whole "biting your flesh" bullshit was just a bad way to kick off your Raw run. Dominant in a boring ass Elimination Chamber, arguably the worst one ever. Match with Becky was good but the lack of crowd hurts the vibe.

I don't know....If there was a chance to get her a little more character it might have been with a victory over Becky but clearly the WWE don't see that as a financially positive result.
    The last time I can remember Lesnar being really reckless was when he broke Jamie Noble's rib. I think it was the same night he destroyed the car and threw one of the doors which hit a fan. Nia broke Becky's face shortly before getting surgery, so her recent track record isn't too good, lol.

Yeah, the Riott Squad was a missed opportunity. They were pretty much done as a group when Ronda was killing all three of them at once. Not sure why Ruby never got a decent push. At least Liv is a favorite of Heyman so she'll be featured to a certain extant.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They easily could have market corrected Nia with someone like Jordynne Grace.
    If they wanted a monster big woman, Piper Niven would've been good. She has had Bell's which is a risk though.
    Last edited by Nosh Diesel; April 21st, 2020 at 1:48 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've talked allot about Dana Brooke. She spent the better part of year going back to the Performance Center to improve her skills, but after all the work she put in, the best you could say about her is that she's mediocre.

On the other hand, Liv has improved considerably in the ring. She's gotten more comfortable working as a singles wrestler and you can see her work hard to execute every move properly. She might not have natural talent, but she makes up for it with her determination (does that mean she has "grit", lol). The main thing holding her back is the lack of a defining character.

The last time I can remember Lesnar being really reckless was when he broke Jamie Noble's rib. I think it was the same night he destroyed the car and threw one of the doors which hit a fan. Nia broke Becky's face shortly before getting surgery, so her recent track record isn't too good, lol.

Yeah, the Riott Squad was a missed opportunity. They were pretty much done as a group when Ronda was killing all three of them at once. Not sure why Ruby never got a decent push. At least Liv is a favorite of Heyman so she'll be featured to a certain extant.
    Could you imagine if we held every wrestler who actually connected with a punch accountable like we did Nia? Flipside is, how many wrestlers blew the fuck up after getting stiffed like Becky? I'll be honest, that moment is what cemented Becky. Becky in the crowd, blood covering her face, was this generation's Austin @ WM 13. Iconic imagery.
    @BGMaverick The only thing I would say about Grace is that she's about half the size of Nia. Nia is about 6ft, Grace is about 5'3-5'4" I don't even really see the connection you're making between the two other than they're both average.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they wanted a monster big woman, Piper Niven would've been good. She has had Bell's which is a risk though.
    Piper is a "monster" based on size but outside of that....She looks like a sweetheart. And she's not as big as Nia either. It seems like a lot of people are just looking for women that are heavier than Alexa Bliss and going "MONSTER BIG WOMAN!" Niven doesn't really work the same as what they're doing with Nia. Nia works like Bam Bam, total savagery. Piper, Grace, they don't really work like they're bigger woman. A little bit here and there but not like Nia.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Piper is a "monster" based on size but outside of that....She looks like a sweetheart. And she's not as big as Nia either. It seems like a lot of people are just looking for women that are heavier than Alexa Bliss and going "MONSTER BIG WOMAN!" Niven doesn't really work the same as what they're doing with Nia. Nia works like Bam Bam, total savagery. Piper, Grace, they don't really work like they're bigger woman. A little bit here and there but not like Nia.
    Not as tall or heavy as Nia true but Niven's still stocky and 200 plus lbs. That is "monster" for a woman wrestler really IMO.

She is a sweetheart but she's very competent in the ring and could probably pull off a savage if she was asked to.

The ultimate blueprint though was Kharma/Kong but AEW have her now.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting a bit confused with all this Nash and Nosh Diesel stuff I take it this has something to do with the Wilfred's Debate.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting a bit confused with all this Nash and Nosh Diesel stuff I take it this has something to do with the Wilfred's Debate.
    Nipe, PPV predictions bet with Mazer. He got 2 more points than me so he had this changed to this for a month.

Only a couple of weeks or so left.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nipe, PPV predictions bet with Mazer. He got 2 more points than me so he had this changed to this for a month.

By that time you will have assimilated into your new normal.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    By that time you will have assimilated into your new normal.
    Maybe I could take part in Wilfred's and have it changed back just to go against Nash and REALLY confuse the fuck out of people!

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I could take part in Wilfred's and have it changed back just to go against Nash and REALLY confuse the fuck out of people!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Mazer again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't participated in the PPV prediction thread for quite a while. This is a whole new dimension.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allot of fans aren't too happy with the way Nia treated Kairi on Monday, particularly the buckle bomb spot. Nia proudly uploaded a clip of it to her twitter account which only made them angrier. The irony is that Nia is on record for not liking how much Alexa got hurt wrestling Ronda, yet she was being pretty rough herself. Between the Rumble and Monday night, this hasn't been a good year for Kairi.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2020/04...ot-on-wwe-raw/

https://www.givemesport.com/1563978-...nst-kairi-sane

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between the Rumble and Monday night, this hasn't been a good year for Kairi.
    Hmm. Kairi didn't exactly have a stellar end to 2019. Remember TLC?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Kairi didn't exactly have a stellar end to 2019. Remember TLC?
    Damn, I literally cannot keep things straight today. I meant TLC, not the Rumble, so disregard the good year part