User Tag List

Page 131 of 137 FirstFirst ... 121127128129130131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 13,001 to 13,100 of 13686

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes some logical sense with her and Bayley being good friends out of the ring and her being frustrated with Bayley over how she's been acting, but I'm not sure many casual fans would've been aware of their friendship. Plus since Becky is also coming to Charlotte's aid then that's a tough act to match. I doubt Truth would have made much of a difference because it wouldn't have been his comedy 24/7 shtick.
    Last edited by Badger; September 25th, 2019 at 5:07 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carmella is the shits. She bumps like a sack of wet hammers. And she doesn’t look like she could crack an egg with a jackhammer.

Candice is fantastic and she has experience wrestling women and men. She’s the best female wrestler in the company. If you cut her legs off, gave her a lobotomy, and tied both hands behind her back, she’d still be better than Carmella, on Carmella’s best day.

Candice > “Real Housewives Of New Jersey” Guido Bitch Barbie.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Carmella is the shits. She bumps like a sack of wet hammers. And she doesn’t look like she could crack an egg with a jackhammer.

Candice is fantastic and she has experience wrestling women and men. She’s the best female wrestler in the company. If you cut her legs off, gave her a lobotomy, and tied both hands behind her back, she’d still be better than Carmella, on Carmella’s best day.

Candice > “Real Housewives Of New Jersey” Guido Bitch Barbie.
    I love your passion for disliking Carmella

I would only add that I think Io is the best women's wrestler in the company, but that I think super highly of Candice still.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It makes some logical sense with her and Bayley being good friends out of the ring and her being frustrated with Bayley over how she's been acting, but I'm not sure many casual fans would've been aware of their friendship. Plus since Becky is also coming to Charlotte's aid then that's a tough act to match. I doubt Truth would have made much of a difference because it wouldn't have been his comedy 24/7 shtick.
    I wouldn't consider myself a casual fan so I have absolutely no idea what their relationship is like outside of the realm of pro wrestling. Did they speak on this on tv like "Carmella came to Charlotte's aid because....."?

I'm just saying, Carmella comes out to the sounds of silence, if Truth was with her at least the crowd would have been amped up and it would've maybe made it seem like they were cheering for Carmella.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself a casual fan so I have absolutely no idea what their relationship is like outside of the realm of pro wrestling. Did they speak on this on tv like "Carmella came to Charlotte's aid because....."?

I'm just saying, Carmella comes out to the sounds of silence, if Truth was with her at least the crowd would have been amped up and it would've maybe made it seem like they were cheering for Carmella.
    The friendship has been documented since their time in NXT and online, but not something that's been brought unto main roster storylines til recently.

Even if Truth did come out with her, an initial pop maybe but then what? Not as if he could do much because he wouldn't have done anything. It was one of those things that had nothing to do with him and where Carmella and Bayley had history way before she and Truth teamed up.

I don't think it's a black mark on Carmella as such, just that they've not addressed the Carmella/Bayley relationship on TV til then plus Becky was already involved with Sasha/Bayley and no doubt would've gotten a bigger pop other than Carmella because well she's a bigger deal.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The friendship has been documented since their time in NXT and online, but not something that's been brought unto main roster storylines til recently.

Even if Truth did come out with her, an initial pop maybe but then what? Not as if he could do much because he wouldn't have done anything. It was one of those things that had nothing to do with him and where Carmella and Bayley had history way before she and Truth teamed up.

I don't think it's a black mark on Carmella as such, just that they've not addressed the Carmella/Bayley relationship on TV til then plus Becky was already involved with Sasha/Bayley and no doubt would've gotten a bigger pop other than Carmella because well she's a bigger deal.
    So basically nobody knows why Carmella came out to save Bayley we're just making assumptions based on them being "friends" on social media and possibly NXT?

Forget what I said about R-Truth you're reading wayyyyyyyyyyy too deep into what I'm saying. It was a joke, Carmella always accompanies Truth, maybe if he started coming out with her for her shit people would be like "Oh hey there's Truth what's he doing yayyyy" and by the time they realized what was going on Vince could pipe in that pop for Truth on a loop lol.

So again....Did they address the reason WHY Carmella came out beyond her being a babyface trying to help out?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So basically nobody knows why Carmella came out to save Bayley we're just making assumptions based on them being "friends" on social media and possibly NXT?

Forget what I said about R-Truth you're reading wayyyyyyyyyyy too deep into what I'm saying. It was a joke, Carmella always accompanies Truth, maybe if he started coming out with her for her shit people would be like "Oh hey there's Truth what's he doing yayyyy" and by the time they realized what was going on Vince could pipe in that pop for Truth on a loop lol.

So again....Did they address the reason WHY Carmella came out beyond her being a babyface trying to help out?
    She mentioned it in a segment on Tuesday.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    She mentioned it in a segment on Tuesday.
    Yeah they've now addressed it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I believe Psycho noted that commentary brought it up from Carmella’s perspective last week, dating back to NXT. That would be fine, since all three of them have previous ties to NXT.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She still sucks. Let's be honest....We all know why she's where she is. *Cue MOP sample*

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    Wait, I'm confused. Do people here really think that Candice LeRae and even Sonya suck? I understand not getting behind Dana, and I guess if you didn't follow Sarah Logan on the indies, I get that, too. It's not like she's had a great MR run so far. But even when I was lukewarm on Candice, I knew she was immensely talented.

Also, Nash: Izzy is training to be a wrestler so she literally could do what Carmella has done so far
    Sonya's great. She's improved leaps and bounds and is smooth as hell in the ring. Some other women could look to her as an example.

Carmella has had the benefit of working alongside people who could work with any other female and make it happen. When she was with Enzo and Cass, Ellsworth, now R-Truth, those 3 acts were/are great and you could have literally pulled off everything we've seen because it's 90% the guy she's with. Carmella on her own....Like recently when she came out for some odd reason to save Charlotte Flair, zero crowd response. Had she ran out with R-Truth, the place would have been going crazy. Everyone loves Truth.

It's easy to hide massive flaws in your game when your partner(s) are bringing everything else to the table. You put James Ellsworth with any female on the roster and that shit would have worked because Ellsworth was such a great character. I miss that guy.
    And it's highly likely Carmella is a future Hall of Famer. Crazy.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mella is money lolz!

I'm at peace with the fact she's not that good a worker though and she's more entertaining when she has a strong valet. Beating Charlotte and then beating Asuka multiple times even if the wins were cheap was too far but gotten past that. She plays a good role even if not good solo.

Speaking of Asuka....definitely the best and most over star they've fucked up 7n recent memory. Even if Kanuki Warriors was her idea, she's way too good for that. She should be up at the top with Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte and Becky. I've said this before but as much as they tried to push the Women's Revolution, it's always been the same ones at the top.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Carmella's great in the spot she's in right now. Keep her way from the women's titles, and give her a tag team run down the line, and I'm good with whatever she does.

I've really tuned out this new Horsewomen feud. Been there, done that. At least with the draft, they'll have to separate them, but it's still probably going to be Becky/Sasha and Charlotte/Bayley until 'Mania. Then we'll get a RAW, Smackdown, and Tag title "WINNER TAKES ALL" match, lol.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to repeat the same point ad nauseum, but as much as they tried to make this an "#OMGwomen", same problem with the men's division has come up for years. They're stuck in the safe zone and hold ceetainwomen to a pedestal. Alexa would also be in that group if it weren't for her injury issues.

They have the most talented women at their disposal for years, but again they play it safe. Asuka especially is the worst affected. She is the most talented woman they have on the roster period but because her English isn't great, she's been relegated despite being naturally over in spite of the language barrier.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Nikki > Alexa. I get what you are saying though. I love the Four Horsewomen, but they have to elevate Ember, Mandy and others. The women's tag division should help those people, but it's treated like a joke thanks to Iconics and poor booking. Honestly, the WWE had just acquired talent and has zero idea with 60% of it. It's done to stop AEW more than anything else.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the women who chased after Carmella for the 24/7 title: Mandy, Sonya, Asuka, and Kairi. They should be considered top talent in the division, but considering the men who've been chasing after that belt, it puts those women at the level of jobbers. I know their roster is smaller, but why wouldn't they use Liv Morgan, Dana Brooke, and the IIconics instead? They're all doing nothing and it would have been the perfect time to use them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Nikki > Alexa. I get what you are saying though. I love the Four Horsewomen, but they have to elevate Ember, Mandy and others. The women's tag division should help those people, but it's treated like a joke thanks to Iconics and poor booking. Honestly, the WWE had just acquired talent and has zero idea with 60% of it. It's done to stop AEW more than anything else.
    What women have they signed in the last year to avoid them going to AEW? Everyone on the main roster right now has been in the WWE for 2-3 years at least, well before AEW was even a blip on anyone's radar.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Which women, specifically, did WWE hire to keep from going to AEW?

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Which women, specifically, did WWE hire to keep from going to AEW?
    Likely coincidental in timing (beginning of 2019), but WWE didn't sign Jazzy (Alpha Female), Viper, Rachael Ellering, or Kay Lee Ray until after AEW was announced. Definitely probably Santana Garrett was officially snatched up in August to prevent her from signing with AEW, but also she's been an infrequently used talent in NXT (unsigned) for years, so it was just a matter of time in her case.

Other than those women, I can't think of any that were specifically signed to spite AEW. And I honestly don't think any of those women sans maybe Santana were signed to keep from going to AEW. Any other new signees this year (like Catalina Garcia or Briana Brandy) are either new to the wrestling world or weren't established enough to be a blip on the radar.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Likely coincidental in timing (beginning of 2019), but WWE didn't sign Jazzy (Alpha Female), Viper, Rachael Ellering, or Kay Lee Ray until after AEW was announced. Definitely probably Santana Garrett was officially snatched up in August to prevent her from signing with AEW, but also she's been an infrequently used talent in NXT (unsigned) for years, so it was just a matter of time in her case.

Other than those women, I can't think of any that were specifically signed to spite AEW. And I honestly don't think any of those women sans maybe Santana were signed to keep from going to AEW. Any other new signees this year (like Catalina Garcia or Briana Brandy) are either new to the wrestling world or weren't established enough to be a blip on the radar.
    Didn't all of those women compete in a Mae Young Classic?

And are we seriously going to assume that every single person the WWE signs post-AEW are only getting signed because of AEW? 3 of those 4 names were signed because they had really nothing going on for the UK women's division.

I just think it's an extremely ridiculous thing to say that the biggest wrestling company in the world only signs wrestlers if they think AEW wants them. Honestly shocked you of all people would even suggest something so absurd.

I mean for fuck's sake, Paul Ellering was working for NXT so it's not exactly a shocker that his daughter, who has wrestled for the WWE several times over the last 3-4 years would be signed.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't all of those women compete in a Mae Young Classic?

And are we seriously going to assume that every single person the WWE signs post-AEW are only getting signed because of AEW? 3 of those 4 names were signed because they had really nothing going on for the UK women's division.

I just think it's an extremely ridiculous thing to say that the biggest wrestling company in the world only signs wrestlers if they think AEW wants them. Honestly shocked you of all people would even suggest something so absurd.

I mean for fuck's sake, Paul Ellering was working for NXT so it's not exactly a shocker that his daughter, who has wrestled for the WWE several times over the last 3-4 years would be signed.
    Eh, I think you might have misinterpreted what I wrote, but I'll take the blame for that since they are my words after all. Serves me right for speculating after drinking.

I stated that it was very likely coincidental that the UK women were signed after AEW was announced, and as you beautifully pointed out, WWE was trying to bolster the UK brand anyway. And same with Rachael, as you pointed out, her father works for WWE (also, she's pretty good). And like I pointed out, Santana has been wrestling for NXT as a "jobber" for years now. And I do think each of those women competed in one of the MYCs.

Lotjx brought up a discussion point (which is sadly a talking point being discussed often over at Diva-Dirt) so I thought I'd take a gamble and see if I could see it like Lotjx. You know my posting pretty well by this point, so my statement that read: "Other than those women, I can't think of any that were specifically signed to spite AEW. And I honestly don't think any of those women sans maybe Santana were signed to keep from going to AEW" should have made it fairly clear that I didn't buy into the argument for any of the women except for maybe Santana, but I certainly had no problem entertaining the idea and trying to understand why someone would think that.

To keep the discussion going for the sake of it, no, it wouldn't blow my panties off to discover Vince wanted to sign people to keep them from going to his competitor. That practice happens all the time in the entertainment industry; trust me if you will on this one, I'm a career musician, I've literally been signed to a company that ended up using me quite sparingly just so I wasn't snatched up by another company. Pretty shitty, but I was young, too. But, as you and I have together pointed out, some baseline research pretty clearly shows that argument doesn't hold up regarding the women's division in the WWE.

At this point, AEW's women's division just seems so different than WWE's... every women just seems to be in the right company (whether that is AEW or WWE) for the time being.

We cool, brother? <3

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It never occurred to me that Becky would lose on Sunday. She's still getting a major push and even got put over by the Rock, so her victory seemed like a foregone conclusion. However, allot of people commented how Sasha should have won and that it was the best time for Becky to lose the belt. I have to agree. Unless they call up someone from NXT, Becky doesn't have any credible challengers. What does Sasha even do now? Go back to tag division?

What I didn't expect on Sunday was both Sasha and Bayley losing. Someone in the HIAC thread commented on how they never fully capitalized on the Bayley heel turn. How she could have given motivational speeches to kids, but not follow her own advice. There was definitely potential in making her a hypocritical heel, but the opportunity has come and gone.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    It never occurred to me that Becky would lose on Sunday. She's still getting a major push and even got put over by the Rock, so her victory seemed like a foregone conclusion. However, allot of people commented how Sasha should have won and that it was the best time for Becky to lose the belt. I have to agree. Unless they call up someone from NXT, Becky doesn't have any credible challengers. What does Sasha even do now? Go back to tag division?

What I didn't expect on Sunday was both Sasha and Bayley losing. Someone in the HIAC thread commented on how they never fully capitalized on the Bayley heel turn. How she could have given motivational speeches to kids, but not follow her own advice. There was definitely potential in making her a hypocritical heel, but the opportunity has come and gone.
    I guess there's a good chance that turning Bayley heel was really an advance move in reforming the Boss and Hug connection as a tag team and giving them another run with the belts.

I suppose all will be made clear after the draft.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I could see Becky losing to either Shayna or perhaps Ronda if Fox doesn't want her for SD

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no rush imo for Becky to lose the title. Let's get Bayley drafted on the same show as Becky and she just snaps on Becky hardcore, even worse than before.

I know right now it's smelling like we're going to see a long, long build to Survivor Series with champ v. champ, Flair v. Lynch. But that's almost 2 months away. And it's been done to fucking death lol. So in the meantime, have Becky mix it up with Bayley. WWE can do the champ v. champ match @ Survivor Series, put Boss and Hug on a SS team, then wrap up Bayley v. Lynch at TLC.

You could have Bayley cost Becky the match against Charlotte at Survivor Series. Do a chair match between the 2 at TLC, then after the match out comes Ronda to build toward their Mania match.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Ronda is trying to get pregnant. I don't see her coming back for mania.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I thought Ronda is trying to get pregnant. I don't see her coming back for mania.
    She's been gone 6 months, and I don't know if there was any real concrete truth to that rumor. I mean, if she's under a 3 year deal, is there a clause that says they'll freeze her contract or pay her to attempt to get knocked up?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call me crazy, but I see Becky losing the Women's title to a debuting Toni Storm, on the RAW after Wrestlemania.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie
    Call me crazy, but I see Becky losing the Women's title to a debuting Toni Storm, on the RAW after Wrestlemania.
    Would be a helluva way to debut.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just remembered someone.

Yeah, she has a good chance of dethroning Becky when she comes back.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just remembered someone.

Yeah, she has a good chance of dethroning Becky when she comes back.
    She's beautiful. I definitely think her and Becky will have a legit feud. Her dethroning The Man would honestly be the best option. You can't deny the excitement fans have when it comes to the underdog going after the monster.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That could also be good. Just something to light a fire under Becky's ass for a few months to get us to mania.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky has a bee in her bunnet that she can’t beat Asuka so much that she grants Asuka a title match.

One more mist spit later then Asuka two belts!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky has a bee in her bunnet that she can’t beat Asuka so much that she grants Asuka a title match.

One more mist spit later then Asuka two belts!
    Asuka Two Belts 4 Life

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, I really don’t want Nia on top again. She has obvious presence but she’s really not that good in the ring or on the mic and I think Becky would struggle to work with her for a good match even if they have history. She botched that punch after all. Nia/Bliss had a good backstory but the matches were disappointing.

Nia has the look to be a threat, but carrying either brand as champion no. May sound harsh, but not really missed her in her absence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Nia comes back as a babyface to back up Becky. At least for a bit.

They can say “Becky earned her respect” from taking that wicked potato and surviving.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seriously, I really don’t want Nia on top again. She has obvious presence but she’s really not that good in the ring or on the mic and I think Becky would struggle to work with her for a good match even if they have history. She botched that punch after all. Nia/Bliss had a good backstory but the matches were disappointing.

Nia has the look to be a threat, but carrying either brand as champion no. May sound harsh, but not really missed her in her absence.

Nia and Alexa had a good backstory but if you're going to knock Nia's workrate, then we can't forgive Bliss for being one of the worst in the ring on the main roster. She's very sloppy. Nia's had some really good matches against Asuka, Bayley, and Ronda Rousey. I actually thought Ronda v. Nia was one of the best women's matches in WWE last year.

And Becky's not exactly Charlotte or Asuka. Very few women are. The bar isn't that high and the type of match Nia and Becky would have would work just fine. I'm sure they've wrestled several times in the past as well, but the story is there. With Becky, she's not over because she's a great wrestler, her workrate is alright but she's not a top 10 wrestler. She's over because of her character and I really think Nia coming in and wrecking shop would be a great way to change up what's going on with Becky so far.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia and Alexa had a good backstory but if you're going to knock Nia's workrate, then we can't forgive Bliss for being one of the worst in the ring on the main roster. She's very sloppy. Nia's had some really good matches against Asuka, Bayley, and Ronda Rousey. I actually thought Ronda v. Nia was one of the best women's matches in WWE last year.

And Becky's not exactly Charlotte or Asuka. Very few women are. The bar isn't that high and the type of match Nia and Becky would have would work just fine. I'm sure they've wrestled several times in the past as well, but the story is there. With Becky, she's not over because she's a great wrestler, her workrate is alright but she's not a top 10 wrestler. She's over because of her character and I really think Nia coming in and wrecking shop would be a great way to change up what's going on with Becky so far.
    There’s a reason she’s not been pushed further than she has. For the few good matches she had, there are just as many of not more black marks. She has a history of being reckless and injuring other people. Becky’s not the best thing technician, but her connection with the audience is undeniable. That’s why she’s top.

The novelty of Nia coming back might be fun but I doubt she’d progress unless her ringwork increases dramatically and consistently. Across all the rosters including NXT and NXT UK, there’s a whole bunch of wrestlers who could realistically challenge Becky (eg Bayzler, Ripley) but they insist on keeping the same people on the top.

Not limited to the women’s division. WWE as a whole can’t seem to get out of playing safe and they lack balls.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait for Nia to come back and will mark out hard when it happens. Love her. Never really got a proper blow-off between her and Becky and it could be pretty dope if things came around and we got them one-on-one.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia Jax sucks, hope she never comes back.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so torn on Nia. I actually kind of miss her, but she's not fantastic at much. Nash nailed it with Bliss, too. If you come for Nia's in-ring work, Bliss is fair game.

I think I have to respectfully disagree a tad about the Becky issue. At some point, I feel there must be a small, discernible distinction between being a good in-ring wrestler and being a crazy talented athlete (and yes, of course you can be both, like Io and Asuka). In terms of wrestling skill alone, I think Becky can out wrestle Charlotte (just like I think Bayley can out wrestle Sasha). Now before anyone rips me up, I love Charlotte (and Sasha) and she's a damn fine wrestler. And she's clearly one of the best athletes in the entire company. But judging on purely technical mat wrestling skills, Becky (in my humble opinion, which I realize is just an opinion) out wrestles Charlotte. Y'all nailed it when saying Becky appeals to the audience. I just happen to think she's also a damn fine wrestler.

But honestly, at their level, it is kind of like deciding if you want to eat pizza or tacos. I love them both, as do most people, so who cares which one you choose to be your favorite as long as you're happy. (also I've been drinking again before jumping on the internet, so y'all welcome) <3

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am so torn on Nia. I actually kind of miss her, but she's not fantastic at much. Nash nailed it with Bliss, too. If you come for Nia's in-ring work, Bliss is fair game.
    It's true Bliss isn't tremendously better than Nia in the ring offensively. But her selling is much better.

And her promo work is much better.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    It's true Bliss isn't tremendously better than Nia in the ring offensively. But her selling is much better.

But Nia has a completely more powerful look than tiny Bliss. Nia simply looks like she should be able to wipe the floor with most of the roster - men or women alike. Nia shouldn't have to sell that much. I am hoping that in her time away, Nia has really worked on her promo skills, because I think they're more of a glaring weakness for her than her offense. When Nia comes back, they probably have her come after Becky, to be close to a loss, then they will have Tamina come back as well, for perhaps a distracted victory.

And while we're at it, I disagree with @BuffyRocks in that I think Charlotte is a better wrestler, both in the ring and on the mic, than Becky. The only area Becky beats her is on Twitter.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed Bliss busting out a couple new moves since she's been drifting towards being a face. She's done interviews in the past regarding her ringwork and how she can do more than she does but intentionally avoids flashy moves because she's a heel and doesn't want pops. I'll be curious to see how much her moveset changes and what else she might bust out now that she and Nikki seem locked into the face position.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post

Oh, her promo work is leagues better than Nia.

And @3puppies that's totally cool. Like I said before, they are both so great. And honestly I get why some people think Charlotte is the better wrestler. Even as a heel, she has a flashier move set than Becky, and if mat wrestling doesn't appeal to one, then yeah, Becky probably comes off as just a good wrestler and nothing more. I think Becky's promo skills are on the same level if not better than Bliss, though Charlotte has shown immense growth in promo skills since she first came to the main roster. Really, all three of those women can deliver on the mic.

You know who else I think can really deliver a promo? Mickie James.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite the fact that her ring-work has never been superb, Bliss is still very watchable. I am not suggesting she belongs in a 25 minute match, but there are very few women on the roster who would keep me interested in a match that goes more than 12 minutes or so. The latest thing that bugs me about the women is how awkward they can look when trying to get in position to take their opponent's upcoming move. For some of this, we can probably fault the director / camera work - they should be focussing on the person getting ready to perform an offensive move, especially a leap off the top turnbuckle, instead of showing the "victim" squirming to get just into the right position and then lay perfectly still and flat out. If you can move to get into that perfect position, you could move to roll out of the way.

But I also wanted to mention that when it comes to selling, throughout an entire match, Bliss seems to understand the importance of facial expressions as well as anybody. So many of the women seem to forget this - they seem excited that their opponent hit a big move, instead of selling pain or frustration. And when Bliss is talking trash in the ring during her match, she gets into it.

So if they keep Bliss/Nikki together as tag faces, I'm thinking they will use Bliss in the Enzo "face-in-peril" mode until Nikki gets the hot tag.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I have to respectfully disagree a tad about the Becky issue. At some point, I feel there must be a small, discernible distinction between being a good in-ring wrestler and being a crazy talented athlete (and yes, of course you can be both, like Io and Asuka). In terms of wrestling skill alone, I think Becky can out wrestle Charlotte (just like I think Bayley can out wrestle Sasha). Now before anyone rips me up, I love Charlotte (and Sasha) and she's a damn fine wrestler. And she's clearly one of the best athletes in the entire company. But judging on purely technical mat wrestling skills, Becky (in my humble opinion, which I realize is just an opinion) out wrestles Charlotte. Y'all nailed it when saying Becky appeals to the audience. I just happen to think she's also a damn fine wrestler.

But honestly, at their level, it is kind of like deciding if you want to eat pizza or tacos. I love them both, as do most people, so who cares which one you choose to be your favorite as long as you're happy. (also I've been drinking again before jumping on the internet, so y'all welcome) <3
    I was thinking about this yesterday, and for all the praise Becky's gotten as a technical wrestler, I think it's never suited her in the ring. It could simply be the fact that very few women on the main roster can wrestle a technical style, so whenever she tried going that route, it didn't come together. I feel like Becky's had her best matches after she turned heel and became more of a brawler.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My top 10 on the main roster would be:

Asuka
    Charlotte Flair
    Bayley
    Kairi Sane
    Becky Lynch
    Natalya
    Mickie James
    Nikki Cross
    Sasha Banks
    Nia Jax

But character goes a long way. Sasha Banks is sloppy, but the total package is there. She can talk, she can sell, but to be honest, the only 2 people she can apparently have a somewhat high level fight against would be Charlotte and Bayley. The HIAC match with Becky was dope, the match with Ronda Rousey at Rumble was good too. But I just don't see enough consistency to put her in the top tier.

Once Io Shirai comes up, that's my #1, even over Asuka.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandy & Sonya > Nia

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandy & Sonya > Nia
    I haven't seen enough of them on their own having a match longer than 2 minutes to make that claim. Nia has a totally different style than pretty much everyone else, but that's also why I put her at #10 because she's not as versatile due to having a powerhouse driven style.

If Mandy and Sonya can keep getting better and evolving, I see no reason why they wouldn't be top 10 in my eyes.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mandy & Sonya > Nia
    I'd probably agree, at least for one of them. Sonya doesn't have much to display for a character so Nia has her throttled there but I'm generally impressed any time Sonya gets enough time in the ring. Mandy has the most potential of the three because she actually is showing competence and growth in the ring. Her running knee looks gnarly too. She can get a character over and she's got upside in the ring.

Double ACL surgery on someone who carries a healthy amount of weight doesn't necessarily seem promising. It's not a death sentence but it's not ideal.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Charlotte a good ways above everyone else. Then Becky and Asuka. I drop Asuka only because of her weak promo ability - the language barrier makes her emotions only come through as a mere change in volume.

I don't see putting Bayley above Becky in any way. Becky is better in the ring and has a better character. Her ability to read, and react with the crowd is so much better than the entire roster, I'd say male or female, if we discounted Kevin Owens.

While I agree with some of your points about Sasha being sloppy and her not having a good match with anyone outside the very top, I don't see why you'd put Kairi or Nattie that much ahead of her. And if you include Mickie James and Nia Jax, then why can't you include Ronda Rousey?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have Charlotte a good ways above everyone else. Then Becky and Asuka. I drop Asuka only because of her weak promo ability - the language barrier makes her emotions only come through as a mere change in volume.

I don't see putting Bayley above Becky in any way. Becky is better in the ring and has a better character. Her ability to read, and react with the crowd is so much better than the entire roster, I'd say male or female, if we discounted Kevin Owens.

While I agree with some of your points about Sasha being sloppy and her not having a good match with anyone outside the very top, I don't see why you'd put Kairi or Nattie that much ahead of her. And if you include Mickie James and Nia Jax, then why can't you include Ronda Rousey?
    I kept Ronda out specifically because I have no idea if she's in fact ever coming back. I at least know we'll see Nia and Mickie James.

For me, Asuka's "weak promo ability" i.e. subpar English, gets excused by her magnificent ring work. That's why I also put Charlotte as #2. Sasha and Becky are way better talkers than Charlotte, but they're not even close to being as good as she is in the ring.

And I have to disagree about Becky being better in the ring than Bayley. Bayley is without a doubt one of the best female wrestlers on the roster, she might lack in the promo dept, which to be perfectly honest I wasn't even factoring in characters and mic work, it was purely from what they can offer in the ring. I mean, Becky's still in my top 5 because she CAN deliver, and I wouldn't be negative to bumping her up a little.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bayley hasn't really had a good match since arriving on the main roster, at least not one that's been incredibly memorable. Maybe three Elimination Chamber tag.

Her matches are fine, just not that great. I'd probably put her last as far as all Four Horsewomen go.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Bayley hasn't really had a good match since arriving on the main roster, at least not one that's been incredibly memorable. Maybe three Elimination Chamber tag.

Her matches are fine, just not that great. I'd probably put her last as far as all Four Horsewomen go.

Nothing she has done on the roster has really come close to her Takeover work with Sasha.

Bayley really shined as the face in peril there but ever since she's been called up, she hasn't been able to shine to the same degree though that is partly down to booking and her place in the pecking order. The heel turn was a nice change of pace, but again she's still not quite shining but losing twice to Charlotte in a row hasn't helped either. She's still lacking that fire and aggression that was so prevalent in NXT but hopefully she can step it up.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen enough of them on their own having a match longer than 2 minutes to make that claim. Nia has a totally different style than pretty much everyone else, but that's also why I put her at #10 because she's not as versatile due to having a powerhouse driven style.

If Mandy and Sonya can keep getting better and evolving, I see no reason why they wouldn't be top 10 in my eyes.
    True that Mandy & Sonya don't get many singles matches, but if you watch Sonya, she's fire in the ring. More than just a good hot tag, she moves incredibly well and her strikes are pretty lethal. Mandy is good in her own right, but not quite as crisp. Obviously she has the character edge on Sonya and her looks will always get her attention.

Btw, where's Peyton Royce on your list?

I'd probably agree, at least for one of them. Sonya doesn't have much to display for a character so Nia has her throttled there but I'm generally impressed any time Sonya gets enough time in the ring. Mandy has the most potential of the three because she actually is showing competence and growth in the ring. Her running knee looks gnarly too. She can get a character over and she's got upside in the ring.

Double ACL surgery on someone who carries a healthy amount of weight doesn't necessarily seem promising. It's not a death sentence but it's not ideal.
    I'm interested to see how things pan out for Mandy and if she'll get a serious push down the line.

Damn, I forgot how severe Nia's injury was. I think she's not due back until next year, but who knows if she'll make it in time for the Rumble.

Here's the thing about Bayley. She's the Ironwoman of the division. In short matches, her talent isn't really noticeable, but the longer it goes, the better she gets. She has this ability to go to levels that most of the women can't. It's just so rare for her to get those long matches to show what she can really do. It's definitely a weakness that would be good for her to work on.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post

I would agree with most of this. I felt she had a much stronger showing in terms of match quality and who she was working with earlier in her main roster career.

Nothing she has done on the roster has really come close to her Takeover work with Sasha.

Bayley really shined as the face in peril there but ever since she's been called up, she hasn't been able to shine to the same degree though that is partly down to booking and her place in the pecking order. The heel turn was a nice change of pace, but again she's still not quite shining but losing twice to Charlotte in a row hasn't helped either. She's still lacking that fire and aggression that was so prevalent in NXT but hopefully she can step it up.
    Shit, nothing Becky Lynch has done on the main roster or in NXT could compare to Bayley and Sasha's Takeover matches. Bayley in NXT is truly a different animal, and maybe that's like what you're saying about the booking and her place in the pecking order. The Alexa Bliss feud really fucking sucked for her.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, where's Peyton Royce on your list?
    Where's Peyton Royce in general? lol.

She's not very good in the ring yet but yeah man if my list was based on personal favorites as opposed to who I felt were the top 10 in the ring, Peyton would be #2 under Asuka.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Alexa Bliss feud really fucking sucked for her.
    Especially that "This Is Your Life" segment.

*shudders*

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Especially that "This Is Your Life" segment.

*shudders*
    Bayley had the template already in place. She was basically John Cena in NXT. And even for a brief moment she was going strong with big wins within the first 4-5 months being on the roster. The Alexa feud was just a botch. Alexa's not good in the ring, she's all visual and verbal. She's someone who the WWE feels needs a title, but ultimately she doesn't. She just needs to talk, stay the fuck out of the ring. Imagine her as the spokesperson for a stable, or hell, that Moment of Bliss stuff was gold.

It's just too bad they didn't, or haven't, realized that yet.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want to know why Vince wasn't sold on Bayley. He pulled the rug out from under her in the worst possible way. I know he likes to change things last minute, but Bayley not wanting to use the kendo stick?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayley had the template already in place. She was basically John Cena in NXT. And even for a brief moment she was going strong with big wins within the first 4-5 months being on the roster. The Alexa feud was just a botch. Alexa's not good in the ring, she's all visual and verbal. She's someone who the WWE feels needs a title, but ultimately she doesn't. She just needs to talk, stay the fuck out of the ring. Imagine her as the spokesperson for a stable, or hell, that Moment of Bliss stuff was gold.

It's just too bad they didn't, or haven't, realized that yet.
    There's still time though.

To be honest, at first I wasn't sold on her teaming with Cross at first and thought she was gonna turn on her at any minute just to go back to square one. I've warmed to it a bit now though and Bliss has shown some improvement. As a face, she can be more flashy and creative with her offense rather than just generic heel hair-pulling and shit. There's something to be said if eventually Nikki goes pure psycho and turns heel on Bliss and violently beats her then Bliss fights back. She's certainly got the mic skills to be a defiant face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want to know why Vince wasn't sold on Bayley. He pulled the rug out from under her in the worst possible way. I know he likes to change things last minute, but Bayley not wanting to use the kendo stick?
    He went too far with Bayley being a white meat babyface. Like fuck man, even HBK was booked like a super vanilla babyface but when he had to step up his hardcore game against Diesel and Mankind, he delivered. And Bayley can do those kind of matches. But I think the idea was Bayley is such a good girl she couldn't stoop to Bliss' level.

That's what Vince does though when the wrestler comes up and is in front of a bigger audience, wider demo, he waters them down more and more and more.

Bayley was a good promo in NXT, but on the main roster it's like they coach her by saying "Sound like the kid in class who just wants to get their book report done and over with when reading it to the class". Where is the fire? She can turn it up in matches, but overall they need to let her be more confident.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speculate that she was too cutesy for Vince and not got the glamour model physique that he generally likes.

Nash elaborated more there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky Lynch blowing up is fucking beyond me to be honest. How Vince allowed that to happen when everything about her doesn't fit the apparent mold we see.....She has to have someone high up going to bat for her that Vince respects. It's a good example of what happens when you let the audience truly guide you.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She does fit the physical mold a bit better than Bayley to be fair however I don't think that's the realreason.

Fans love an underdog plus Charlotte being the one she turned on helped as she's constantly on top. Although Charlotte was supposed to be the face and Becky the heel, the fans wanted the other outcome and though they tried to play it off as heelish, the reaction was so loud because the fans like a rebel that they had no choice but to officially make her face. That combined with Becky's charisma blew her up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very 2019 or extremely modern in terms of what happened for Becky after the breaking point, at Summerslam in 2018. Up until that point, she was an endearing babyface who was seen as being shortchanged. She was booked in a way to change course after Summerslam because she was relatively damaged or reached her perceived ceiling. The crowd responded favorably to her having enough, her character changed and she was emboldened. Her witty online or off main TV persona was tweaked and cranked to 11 with bravado and that played extremely well.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a modern take on a classic trope that's been around for years. Fans got behind Bryan because he was seen as being held down by the system. Fans got behind Punk for speaking out along with Cena being on top. Fans got behind Austin for similar reasons despite essentially being a dick.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia's big, but she has no strength or any momentum behind her movements. Her offense looks unconvincing like throwing a dead leaf at oncoming traffic, and her promos suck. I don't get why there's any anticipation for her return when before she was dropping Charlotte on her head or breaking Becky's nose or fucking Bayley's shoulder up or concussing Zelina.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing I can really add to the discussion that hasn't already been said, but just wanted to comment that I genuinely enjoy reading y'alls comments

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am digging the new Bayley though. Best part of Smackdown by a mile.

RIP Bayley Buddies!

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Feeling the new emo Bayley.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like her haircut as well.

I’m hoping they progress this further by having her refuse hugs because the audience smells.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Her new t-shirt slogan/catchphrase should be "Go hug yourself!"

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Her new t-shirt slogan/catchphrase should be "Go hug yourself!"
    YES!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    The haircut will grow on me. I'm also positive her look will be tweaked over the coming weeks. In a perfect world her little inflatable dude would pop up flipping the middle finger. Just imagine when she throws her hands in the air she flips the bird as they pop up flipping the bird. #gohugyourself

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've been asking for Bayley to go hardcore for a while, and it's finally happened. Good riddance to the Bayley Buddies (About time one of the women cut their hair too). She also gave the best promo of her career

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOVED Bayley's full heel turn. Never would I have dreamed that she would have stabbed her Bayley buddies, but damn, it was a pretty great turn.

Question Do y'all think the Women's tag champs will still rotate between the rosters? Or will Kabuki Warriors, IIconics, and Fire/Desire all get drafted to Raw and have Raw be the home of the women's tag division?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the tag belts are exclusive, what are the women on the other brand going to do? I think they'll still be cross brand.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    LETS SMOKESHOW THIS BITCH!

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving Bayleys turn and the new haircut. Will be interesting her and heel Sasha on the same show. Two woman power trip please.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hair is awful. It's like a 90s Rachel bob.

But she seems to be committed and I totally support it.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't think I could like these three anymore Team Kick + Candice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqkUi8_xpE

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    They need to get some talent into Raw and SmackDown. Whether it be the UK girls or having more than one woman be dominate in NXT. They need tag teams and people to help build the midcard.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who did Mandy & Sonya piss off? They've been booked terribly ever since the draft. They're not even going to be on the Women's Survivor Series team

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it's bizarre. I see Mandy as someone that could be a great top heel to bank on in a year or two.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes you have to justify paying people X amount of dollars. Dana Brooke and Carmella, arguably the worst female talents on the main roster....They gotta do something with them here and there. Especially Dana. She really tries, but idk what they're trying to do with her.

Mandy and Sonya have been in quite a few beautiful situations for being so young in the game. I don't think they've pissed anyone off, there's just only so many spots on these teams. For all we know 1 of them could still make it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's no secret my fandom of Dana Brooke, but is she really one of the worst female talents on the roster? I really hope she proves everyone wrong! Survivor Series just may be the place to do just that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    It's no secret my fandom of Dana Brooke, but is she really one of the worst female talents on the roster? I really hope she proves everyone wrong! Survivor Series just may be the place to do just that.
    Without a doubt.

I hope she proves everyone wrong and really shines but she might get outshined severely depending on who is also in the match.

The big issue for Dana is that we don't really know what she's supposed to be bringing to the table. When she first arrived in the lackey role, seemed ok. Could she be more? Maybe. Let's find out sooner than later.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without a doubt.

I hope she proves everyone wrong and really shines but she might get outshined severely depending on who is also in the match.

The big issue for Dana is that we don't really know what she's supposed to be bringing to the table. When she first arrived in the lackey role, seemed ok. Could she be more? Maybe. Let's find out sooner than later.
    She's certainly way closer to being the bottom five overall than the top five.

And precisely. The issue is her character is someone who hasn't been in the spotlight and is trying to show she's worth the time and energy. Okay, cool. But why? Why are you worth it? The situation with her is making a point but they're not going to go out of their way to explain why, other than convenience for the need to have people from the brand in the match and she's someone different to use.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And precisely. The issue is her character is someone who hasn't been in the spotlight and is trying to show she's worth the time and energy. Okay, cool. But why? Why are you worth it? The situation with her is making a point but they're not going to go out of their way to explain why, other than convenience for the need to have people from the brand in the match and she's someone different to use.
    I liked that time she stepped up to fight Ronda. She cut a cookie cutter underdog promo but it was necessary and did the job. It wasn't a dominant female trying to convince us she was being held down and/or not given the chance to shine.

I mean, do we have a considerable amount of fans who are tuning in to see her and others booked as non-factors wrestling each other every episode of Main Event? Do we see any character development on that show? The fact the WWE don't even advertise a single match on any of the 3 shows on TV makes me wonder what the purpose these talents are supposed to have if we don't even know they exist?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes you have to justify paying people X amount of dollars. Dana Brooke and Carmella, arguably the worst female talents on the main roster....They gotta do something with them here and there. Especially Dana. She really tries, but idk what they're trying to do with her.

Mandy and Sonya have been in quite a few beautiful situations for being so young in the game. I don't think they've pissed anyone off, there's just only so many spots on these teams. For all we know 1 of them could still make it.
    What's odd is that Sonya is on Total Divas along with Carmella. Every so often, they include members of the cast in a WWE angle that can be used for content on the show. Carmella winning the 24/7 belt felt like a total divas moment. I can understand not using both Mandy and Sonya in the SS match, but this feels like the perfect time for Sonya to get a total divas moment along with Carmella. Choosing Dana over both of Fire and Desire is pretty outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post

A while ago I was reading how Dana committed herself to improving in the ring. She was going down to the performance center on her own time to train. Her work is definitely cleaner than it used to be, but even after all the improvements, she's still mediocre.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Yeah, it's bizarre. I see Mandy as someone that could be a great top heel to bank on in a year or two.
    Now that I think of it, they kind of got derailed during their feud with the Kabuki Warriors. It was a natural storyline for Fire and Desire to get the tag titles off the IIconics and then have the Kabuki Warriors chase them for a bit until finally getting the big win. It seemed like a no brainer, but suddenly Bliss and Cross are interjected into the situation and they get the belts. Meanwhile, Mandy starts a feud with Ember Moon over her mag cover. I can't remember who even won that feud.

In a way, it's kind of a good thing that Mandy isn't being shoved down our throats. She's still learning, so when they finally do decide to give her a big push, she'll be more experienced and ready to make the most of it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this were 1998, Mandy Rose would be the number 1 woman in the whole company. Because she'd be in a bikini in every issue of WWF Magazine, they'd sell a million posters and calendars of her with her tits out in various sexy outfits, and she'd be in Playboy or some other men's magazine. She'd be making a million dollars a year and she wouldn't have to take a bump.

Now, she's just mediocre Wrestling Barbie who can't shortcut her way to a spot just by being hot.

In 2019 WWE, Sonya Deville has the real upside. She's a legit athlete, she has an athletic background outside of wrestling, and she's gay. She should be the badass babyface, overcoming adversity and preaching that everyone can make it big, no matter your gender or your sexual orientation. "Its okay to be gay. And if anybody says otherwise, punch 'em in the teeth." She could be a hero to the marginalized people. Instead, she's nothing.

My biggest bugbear in WWE right now is the complete lack of love for Sarah Logan. She should be rocking that Xena - Warrior Princess/Princess Mononoke thing and just tearing bitches up like a savage wolf woman on TV. Instead, she's been a Main Event fixture. And that sucks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv Morgan is still MIA too. She was drafted to Smackdown and has yet to make her debut.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this were 1998, Mandy Rose would be the number 1 woman in the whole company. Because she'd be in a bikini in every issue of WWF Magazine, they'd sell a million posters and calendars of her with her tits out in various sexy outfits, and she'd be in Playboy or some other men's magazine. She'd be making a million dollars a year and she wouldn't have to take a bump.

Now, she's just mediocre Wrestling Barbie who can't shortcut her way to a spot just by being hot.

In 2019 WWE, Sonya Deville has the real upside. She's a legit athlete, she has an athletic background outside of wrestling, and she's gay. She should be the badass babyface, overcoming adversity and preaching that everyone can make it big, no matter your gender or your sexual orientation. "Its okay to be gay. And if anybody says otherwise, punch 'em in the teeth." She could be a hero to the marginalized people. Instead, she's nothing.

My biggest bugbear in WWE right now is the complete lack of love for Sarah Logan. She should be rocking that Xena - Warrior Princess/Princess Mononoke thing and just tearing bitches up like a savage wolf woman on TV. Instead, she's been a Main Event fixture. And that sucks.
    Mandy and Sonya both have upside.
    I guess you could say Logan does, too, but I wasn’t impressed with her the very few times she talked.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, you nailed it with this post. I also agree that Logan's lack of love is shocking. She's seriously a fine wrestler, and has a different enough gimmick that she should be far more popular than she is. I'm afraid she isn't fantastic on the mic, which in this day, is likely a huge factor as to why she's getting nothing.

Sonya is a great athlete, and while she and Mandy will likely be paired together for a long time, I hope 2020 is a year for her to gain a championship, or even become a MITB winner.

Also, for what it is worth, I think Dana isn't awful in the ring, but horrible on the mic, and Liv Morgan is far better than anyone thinks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to say how much I appreciate Kairi changing things up after her heel turn. The way she mocks and laughs at her opponents and the addition of the eye makeup. She really likes putting the boots to people as well
    Last edited by Sasori; November 14th, 2019 at 3:59 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heel Kairi is wonderful. Both the Kabuki Warriors are really doing well with the turn, love their new looks/vibe, they feel like those spooky ghosts in Japanese horror flicks with a little heavy metal mixed in. Also, being assholes.

I really hope Liv Morgan actually comes back. After the whole "real" thing seeming to set up a freshened up gimmick happened 3 months ago, it's beginning to worry me that she'll just get released before she ever returns with it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's so weird is that Liv was actually drafted (iirc she made it into the very last round). However she has yet to appear on Smackdown. Meanwhile, Mandy and Sonya weren't drafted, but have been featured on a regular basis