Page 1 of 137 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

New year, new divas thread.

Talk all about the ladies of WWE in here.

Have at it.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I just post what I did in the last thread? Considering due to the year it's actually off-topic and all

I'll agree that this whole tournament seems as though it's geared towards the promotion of Maryse. In reality she's only sat through commentary during the match that would decide her opponent, but there was build up for a championship match long before Melina got injured, so by experience we know it's going to go in her favour.

I like Maryse. I don't usually let backstage skits or microphone work influence my decision in liking a wrestler because they are, mostly, intolerably bad. When watching the matches, it's the smaller, maybe less obvious details that impress me. With Maryse, it's things like timing and positioning that she gets right. I don't care that she has a dodgy accent because I like the way she sells getting kicked in the head. It's convincing. She really hasn't showed much offence in matches of late, she's mostly enduring a beating and then sneaking in her finisher. We know she's capable of more than a camel clutch and DDT - her high kicks, for example, would be nice to see. I hope we can see this in the next round of the tournament.

Then again, this IS the 'butterfly belt'. Does it matter that much yet?

Alicia Fox has been allowed to show some nice looking moves in the ring these past few months. I'd agree that makes her look better, but she also shows good coordination and timing. There was that recent match against Melina on Superstars which I still can't decide whether it was a mess or a success, but mostly she is impressive. There would be no complaints from me if she won the tournament.

Gail Kim is just amazingly skilled all round. If Maryse isn't the obvious winner, it should be Gail.

Eve just isn't right for it. She's not as bad as some, but she doesn't have that basic competence. She reminds me a lot of Torrie Wilson somehow, who never ever got it right despite her lengthy tenure. She'll bust out an impressive and unexpected spot every now and then, but she doesn't have it overall like the others. She's the greenest so that's understandable.

It's so nice to see Katie Lea on Raw. Hopefully there'll be a lot more of her once this tournament is done with. I was impressed with her work against Eve, when she caught her and spun her round for the backbreaker Eve's quite a big girl, Natalya only just coped with a move like that.
    Last edited by Mr McGregor; January 13th, 2010 at 8:32 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course, anything you want to carry over from the previous thread is fine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE needs more scary Divas.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally agree. I really wish Awesome Kong was in WWE. Beth Phoenix is the closest thing to a female monster, and I love her, but she's still hot and about being beautiful. I want someone that lis scary looking, I want some big monster of a chick, to just show up and start flinging bimbos around.

I miss Jazz.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh god I miss Jazz too. Would love to see her against McCool or Phoenix.

Beth's proven that muscular chicks can be pretty. Could a fat woman do the same? It'd be another Bertha Faye scenario I fear.

Poseidon, look at me!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bull Nakano... so sexy.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's too early to put a title on Alicia, she's not ready, it would do more bad than good. She's not over, and has no character and nothing really stands out about her aside from her huge hair. If they put the title on her she'd likely flop because she's not the top heel on her brand, the fans wouldn't respond and then the bookers/writers would lose faith in her. I think that's what happened to Katie Lea, they pushed her into a title feud with Mickie without giving the fans any reason to care, so they didn't respond to their matches and Katie has done nothing since.

Let Alicia find her groove first before making her a champion. She has tons of potential.

Maryse or Gail would be the way to go. Maryse has a certain aura about her not like any other Diva currently in the company. She's not exceptionally good at anything but she does grab your attention.

And Gail is easily the best wrestler on Raw and could carry the other Divas to fun matches should she be champion.

I think it would be way too soon to put the title on Alicia or Eve until they're established.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gail Kim has not had a single decent match since coming to WWE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who the fuck did Beth Pheonix piss off...last year she was the only female all year who actually had a decent storyline, had an onscreen boyfriend, and a valet that they did ZILCH for. I really wonder what happened there, she was being lifted to the heavens and then it was all taken from her...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's involved in one of the best Diva storylines that they've had in awhile...

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Bi0 This Beth/Mickie/Lay-Cool interaction is some of the more entertaining stuff we have seen in sometime.

And I totally agree that Eve is the greenest BUT that is because she is the newest of all the women (in the tourny). I disagree that she is like Torrie Wilson, but I GUESS I can accept it if someone disagrees with me

"It's all fake anyway, honey, dont'cha know?"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    she was the only female all year who actually had ... a valet that they did ZILCH for.
    Rosa Mendes is a trainwreck. If anything, they've rewarded Beth by getting that useless chick AWAY from her. I was afraid Beth was going to be used badly after the break-up of Glamarella, but going to Smackdown has worked out well for both Mickie and Beth. Mickie has a storyline for the first time since... god, Trish was around, and Beth looks like a badass through it all.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgecutioner View Post
    Gail Kim has not had a single decent match since coming to WWE.
    I'll disagree with this. Comparatively, she had a couple of decent matches against Maryse on SmackDown last year, and she was the outstanding performer in the plethora of tag matches last year.

Unless you mean decent in the 'booked to win' sense, then no that didn't happen often. As a wrestler she is is one of, if not the best lady wrestler WWE employs.

I like this Beth stuff, but I'm half expecting it to go wrong and in Mickie's favour for the guh-zillionth time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In regards to the Divas Tournament, I'm a little saddened that Jillian Hall and Katie Lea Burchill weren't pushed ... but relieved that Nikki Bella didn't receive a tournament match (any idea if the botched twin-switch caused them to pull her and add Katie last minute?). I was actually very surprised that they pushed Alicia Fox over Kelly Kelly ... and was happy to see that for two mediocre wrestlers, they didn't put on a trainwreck of an encounter like some other people on the roster - i.e., Melina Perez Vs. Jillian.

It's obviously going to come down to Gail and Maryse Ouellet, but I wish the WWE would just surprise us and flip the script and give the belt to Gail; either way, history will be made when Gail becomes the first Triple Crown Women's Champion - being the first to hold the Women's, Divas, and Knockout's Titles. Maryse will become the first woman to hold the Divas Title multiple times.

Personally, Maryse isn't the greatest ... but she's got something about her that makes you watch her. She's unique, despite being one out of a million blondes in the company, and she's just fun to watch because she can be very unpredictable lol.

As far as someone comparing Eve Torres to Torrie Wilson ... hang on just a minute. I feel that's a very unfair comparison. First off, Torrie was in the business for what ... nine years ... and was still outshined by women in the ring who had spent a considerably less amount of time in the ring. I feel Eve is leaps and bounds ahead of Torrie ... despite my fondness for Miss Wilson, she always seemed hesitant in the ring. She always seemed scared that she was going to hurt herself or maybe her own opponent. Eve has confidence in the ring despite being very green ... she's got a great and unique look ... she's got pretty decent microphone skills (at least better than Torrie Wilson) ... and she shakes things up in the ring every now and again and tries something different.

To me, Eve reminds me more of a younger Trish Stratus than Maryse does ... if she were given some more direction and more focus, she would be huge. Personally, I think she should've stayed on "SmackDown!" ... it would've been cool to see her as Mickie James' ally against Lay-Cool instead of ... ugh ... Maria Kanellis.

So much for that push we all thought was going to happen; it's nice to see the focus is still on our favorite ladies on the blue brand.

Go Vikings!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly have no idea who that is.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Brooke Adams, I believe.

Once more unto the breach Pipkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is indeed the gorgeous and not so talented Brooke Adams.

Remember when Kelly, Layla, and some other girl used to dance poorly? She was the other one.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Greatest ass in wrestling.

Once more unto the breach Pipkin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Greatest ass in wrestling.
    Also true.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh. Well. Shame her ass isn't really the focus of any of those photos then.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rosa Mendes is a trainwreck.
    I've come around on Rosa. She's not one of my favorites, but ever since the move to ECW she's really come out on her own. She does has "presence" about her and I saw the FCW match posted in the last thread and she did good (so did Naomi Night and Courtney actually) so I wouldn't mind if she stayed around for a while before she was future endeavored.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shockingly, Katie Lea has a new shoot at WWE.com. Certainly a rare thing isn't it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brooke's ass FTW

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUnJp4NHSD4[/ame]

Bring Back Dawn Marie!! GoofyGreekGuy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - Fit Finlay was in Tampa yesterday training developmental Divas with FCW. Look for some fresh faces to be called up soon.

Gerweck.net

Intercontinental Champion Andru's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess plans changes as we were informed last week that Gail Kim would face Alicia Fox in the next round on the Divas Championship Tournament.

The tag match tonight was very lack-luster which had a lot to do with the crowd. There was a very minor "We Want Maryse" chant near the end of the match. Other than that, the only thing I heard was the ladies hitting the mat and King making shit up about Gail Kim attempting to reverse Maryse's spinning back breaker into a DDT. It also didn't help that Eve & Alicia totally fucked up during one point and couldn't seem to get back on track.

I'm assuming next week we get Maryse over Eve and Gail over Alicia. And possibly we may see Maryse vs. Gail at the Rumble in the finals.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Eve screwed that match up moreso than Alicia, she missed her drop kick by about 3 feet then Alicia had to pretend it still connected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maryse is the best thing about the bunch on Raw unless they decide to do something with Gail Kim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Melina did one more shoot before her injury. Look lovely

She also got on Twitterhttp://twitter.com/realmelina

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was no point to that tag match on Raw. They clearly had to rush through a performance in under 5 minutes. They didn't even have time to sell the spots properly. Plus you've got Eve missing her dropkicks, supposedly a signature move of hers. She clearly isn't meant to be there, although the next best face (probably Kelly Kelly) may not have done any better.

Thoroughly disappointed WWE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Melina looks like a bloke in make up for fucks sake.

Maryse, by the way, has a stomach of an ANGEL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown Spoilers....

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Some women can pull off the bald look. Pics of Serena?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Molly Holly looked good with a shaved dome, and Roxxi in TNA didn't look too bad, either.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

With a face like that, her hair is the last thing she should be concerned about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Smackdown Spoilers....

Mollycoddler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be difficult to make Nora look bad, though.

I'm not surprised Serena volunteered. She spent years in OVW trying to get a contract. Now that she has one, I bet she'd do almost anything to show her dedication to the company. The models would likely never do what she did.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smackdown Spoilers....

Quote Originally Posted by virus21 View Post
    Alright, so most of the time, you Diva folks talk about spoilers openly after they've been posted, yeah? As a mod, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to enforce here regarding spoilers, 'cuz normally I see you guys talking about them ithout tagging them, but I also don't want people getting ticked if SD diva stuff is spoiled.
    So, would some regular diva threaders let me know what you prefer?

I'll tag my response to this stuff just to be safe, even though I already talked about the other thing sans tags:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mollycoddler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Alright, so most of the time, you Diva folks talk about spoilers openly after they've been posted, yeah? As a mod, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to enforce here regarding spoilers, 'cuz normally I see you guys talking about them ithout tagging them, but I also don't want people getting ticked if SD diva stuff is spoiled.
    I always read spoilers so I don't care, but I know the trend used to be going by American time. When Raw airs in the U.S., it's fair game, but I think SD stuff is typically kept in tags, unless it's really minor. Perhaps that has changed, but it's what I remember most doing.

Ziggle Yourself Tonight TheMagnum's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, if Serena doesn't land a spot on the main roster eventually, I will feel sorry for her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGreekGuy View Post
    I would.

Just bought a 360!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get very uncomfortable watching a woman get her head shaved and if her head was shaved "against her will" it would just make it worse. I hope she does land a spot on the SD. I would suck if they sent her back down to developmental or worse....... FUTURE ENDEAVORED HER!!!!

Who are you to doubt El Dandy?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PWI reports that Serena Deeb will be a permanent Punk follower now on the SD roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess we are getting Mickie James vs. Michelle McCool for the Women's Championship at The Royal Rumble ... According to what happens on Smackdown this week.

I would love to see Mickie finally get some measure of revenge on Michelle, however I do not see Mickie winning. Seems more like a possible send-off with all the rumors of Mickie entering the music industry. I am most likely just over-thinking though.

Regardless, it should be a good match!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I guess we are getting Mickie James vs. Michelle McCool for the Women's Championship at The Royal Rumble ... According to what happens on Smackdown this week.

I would love to see Mickie finally get some measure of revenge on Michelle, however I do not see Mickie winning. Seems more like a possible send-off with all the rumors of Mickie entering the music industry. I am most likely just over-thinking though.

Regardless, it should be a good match!
    I would hate it if Mickie didn't come out on top. She has been booked rather weak during this whole thing and for her to lose would be stupid. I don't think Mickie is leave to purse music. If Jericho can do Fozzy and wrestling, why can't Mickie do country and wrestling.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll tag my response to this stuff just to be safe, even though I already talked about the other thing sans tags:
    I usually don't complain if people post spoilers in here since it is the TV/PPV thread but I do prefer if people use tags because I'd like the option of posting in here tuesday thru fri without having the show spoiled for me. People in here do a pretty good job of using tags anyway, though it can be contradictory at times since you can usually put two and two together like when people say "Oh so 'spoiler' is now a 5 time women's champion" or this whole thing with the Punk storyline.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main page says Awesome Kong has put in her notice to TNA. They may try to persuade her to stay, though. But if she does leave, I REALLY want WWE to sign her (though I doubt they would).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Main page says Awesome Kong has put in her notice to TNA. They may try to persuade her to stay, though. But if she does leave, I REALLY want WWE to sign her (though I doubt they would).
    Fucking Love Sponge. WWE would never sign Kong. Hogan is high on Kong and it seems that Bubba is being left out in the cold and soon (we all hope) will be fired. TNA isn't going to risk losing Kong. They already lost Alissa Flash.

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish WWE signed Kong and set her off in a feud with Beth. Amazing potential
    Last edited by ChocolateThunder; January 21st, 2010 at 9:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kong mentioned in an interview that she was offered a contract by both the WWE and TNA at the same time but went with TNA. I can see them offering her one again but she could possibly turn it down again. If she accepts it, Beth vs Kong could be awesome to see.

They've also had their eye out on Melissa Anderson (aka Alissa Flash) so with her departing TNA, hopefully they reach out to her as well!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyGreekGuy View Post

They've also had their eye out on Melissa Anderson (aka Alissa Flash) so with her departing TNA, hopefully they reach out to her as well!!
    Yes, because watching Melissa job to Kelly and Maryse would be so entertaining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope neither Kong or Flash go to WWE. They would never be treated the right way, just look at how they're treating Gail.

Especially Kong, she'll be made into a joke within 6 months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evilyn View Post
    I hope neither Kong or Flash go to WWE. They would never be treated the right way, just look at how they're treating Gail.

Especially Kong, she'll be made into a joke within 6 months.
    6 months? It wouldn't take them take long to do it

"It's all fake anyway, honey, dont'cha know?"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kong in WWE would be probably be a disaster. It was bad enough when Beth had to lose to chicks like Kelly Kelly through surprise roll-ups and I have no hesitation in saying they'd have Kong doing that crap too even though it would be awful. Plus, I think them hiring her would be like them hiring Gail Kim all over again in that they'd do it to take her away from TNA and then proceed to waste her.

Could you imagine a huge imposing mountain of a woman like Kong with that fucking butterfly title around her waist though?
    Last edited by PT*Paratroopa; January 21st, 2010 at 10:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    6 months? It wouldn't take them take long to do it
    Well I hope that they would try to do something with her but you're probably right. My thinking was that they would push her as a monster, but then quickly burn out.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know, would WWE want her now that they have Beth, a diva who's strong and attractive?

Plus I don't know if they would have Kong losing to Kelly Kelly and the like. I mean, yeah Beth has lost to them but only with cheap roll-ups.

They're already too many women on the roster doing nothing, I don't want them to add two more.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't see Kong fitting in on Raw, especially since she's probably 3 times Maryse's weight and yet 6x more athletic. But it's not completely out of the realm of possiblity that SD would do a good job of booking Kong, if they could avoid fat jokes which might be easy since they've used most of their fat material on Vickie and Mickie (didn't mean to rhyme). Though I don't think there's a snowballs chance in hell of Kong ending up on WWE TV. But a roster with Kong, Beth, Natalya, Mickie and Michelle would be awesome, it would probably lure Trish back to the WWE again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PT*Paratroopa View Post
    Kong in WWE would be probably be a disaster. It was bad enough when Beth had to lose to chicks like Kelly Kelly through surprise roll-ups and I have no hesitation in saying they'd have Kong doing that crap too even though it would be awful. Plus, I think them hiring her would be like them hiring Gail Kim all over again in that they'd do it to take her away from TNA and then proceed to waste her.
    If Christy Hemme can, why not Kelly Kelly?

I'd be all for Maryse bringing in Kong to take out Gail Kim, after Gail Kim wins the title at the end of this tournament! Rekindling their old rivalry. I'd much rather see Kong on Smackdown though. It's the better division. Bring Gail Kim over too! Ha.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know, I'm on the opposite side of the fence: I actually could see WWE bringing in the likes of Awesome Kong and Alissa Flash to spice up their division. Why? TNA has made it very clear that they are going to war against WWE ... well, I apologize ... Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff have made it clear that they're going to war. From a business perspective, TNA did something surprising by stealing Jeff Hardy right out from underneath the WWE ...

... If the WWE want to get even, they would hit TNA where it counts in one of their most lucrative business prospects: the Women's Division. WWE is doing the right thing on "SmackDown!" by having their women involved in storylines and getting promos and mic time, as well as having them put on decent matches in a storyline that's obviously leading to a huge pay-off ... meanwhile, carefully grooming Natalya Neidhart and keeping Maria Kanellis mostly out of the ring. The "RAW" writing team needs to straighten the fuck up.

It's not entirely outside of the realm of possibility that WWE would take Alissa and Kong and use them against TNA to revamp their own Women's Division. I do heartily agree that Kong and Alissa, if they were to sign, should join the "SmackDown!" brand ... for one, they have the better commentating team (is it just me, or is anyone else LOVING Matt Striker as the throwback, heel commentator? He's also knowledgeable and actually contributes to the women's matches like Jim Ross, and Todd Grisham is more tolerable than Michael Cole). On commentary, the fans would be educated at home to women like Kong and Alissa, who probably would look ridiculous with the Divas Championship (which, even though I like it, NEEDS an image overhaul so it can be taken seriously).

In the draft, shake things up ... send Maria to "RAW" and on "SmackDown!" you have the likes of Kong, Alissa, Mickie, Michelle, Beth, and Natalya. I'd probably send Eve Torres over to "SmackDown!" in the draft. On "RAW" you would still have Maryse Ouellet, Kelly Kelly, Alicia Fox ... and with them, to help them cultivate and grow as competitors, the likes of Jillian Hall, Melina Perez, Katie Lea Burchill, and Gail Kim.

I'd just release The Bella's (who do shit) and Rosa Mendes (the weakest wrestler of the bunch). If they are still around, stick their useless asses on ECW or whatever brand it becomes later in the year.

Like another poster pointed out, this revamp of the Women's Division may just well lure the likes of Trish Stratus back; not only would it possibly lure back Trish, it may even pique the interests of women like Lita or Molly Holly or Ivory or even Tara/Victoria (if things continue getting worse in TNA and she feels the change in atmosphere). All-in-all, if Trish is willing to come back twice, just to work with the Glamazon, you know she'd come in and put on a hell of a match against Kong.

Hero From The Beyond UncannyIowan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WWE being so hesitant to push women's wrestling on par with the men is the only reason I wouldn't put money on Kong going to the WWE. If they weeded out 3-4 of them, put Maria as a valet, Kong would probably be handled better but the fact there are maybe 10 minutes of diva action between 4 shows every week.....You never know, Kong could be that person who makes the WWE work hard at making the divisions credible because you can't just have anyone beat someone the size of Kong. And the WWE does have Beth, but she's not a monster, and every division needs a true monster.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kong would be fine in WWE and I think they would use her right.

I dont think they would have used her right in the past as she was a relative unknown in the US. Now though she has proven that she can do his stuff on the big stage and her gimmick is now set as a monster. Its not like they could hide her under another gimmick.

More importantly no matter what Kong does she would get a reaction that would be hard to ignore unlike Gail Kim who nobody really cares about if they dont give a reason to care about her. Gail is normal looking and can be easily lost in the shuffle. Kong is anything but that.

The only thing Kong would lack is an over face foil for her. There is no truely big fan favourite star in the WWE womens division now like a Trish or Lita in the past.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know that Kong doesn't fit the diva mode but she can glam it up with the rest of them

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I disagree. They could restart the Gail and Kong fued. People would go crazy. Even though people say Gail does not have a following, she does as the wwe polls show and her spots have garnered her attention. If the wwe builds Gail up as they have slowly been doing over the last few weeks with back stage appearances i.e. with jillian, interaction with the miz, carlito, and great matches like the mix tag she could have some steam behind her.

All they would have to do is have her chase Maryse for the title. She loses the title to Maryse because of the Miz interference. Those two become the golden couple and she and MVP fued with them and the have a mix tagged at the Feb Pay per view and then it leads to a Diva Title Submission match or something else at Wrestlemaina. Gail Kim wins the title and out comes Kong to Destroy her either afters she wins or as interference to help Maryse Keep the title. They already have built in history and the story line is a no brainer.

As far as flash, I would send her to Smackdown with a slow build or to ECW with a debuting start. She could start destroying the females of ECW. Savannah, Courtney if she returns, Rosa and then she finally beats the hell out of Tiffany. She gets fired and appears on another brand as a bad ass heel.

Fighting Villainy!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ol' Wooderson would probably book Kong like this:

(before we go further, ol' Wooderson pledges to stop referring to himself in the 3rd person)

If I'm the E, I decide to hit TNA right in what works best for them: the women's division. Go ahead and bring over Kong & Cheerleader Melissa, have them just show up and randomly start beating the hell out of people; culminating with both the Women's & Diva's champions (whoever they are, hopefully someone good) uniting to take a stand against them. They are quickly overwhelmed, but out comes Gail Kim for the save...no wait, she just took out the two champions. Kong & Melissa raise Gail's hands and a new stable is born.

Next appearance we get them to cut heel promos on the Divas, with Gail saying that she left to find competition, and found it in Kong & Melissa. She comes back and finds the Women's division to be a joke. Gone are the Lita's and Trish Stratus's, and they've been replaced by Barbie Dolls and twigs. Gail came back to the E and she's brought the best Women's Wrestlers in the world with her (they'd all make a point about not being "Diva's"). The trio would put the Women's Division on every brand on notice, saying that they were watching all of them and looking to cut some weak links loose. They'll allude to an unnamed, high-ranking WWE Official as their "Benefactor" who has allowed them to appear on any show in order to further their agenda.

Eventually we'd have one or maybe two other women join their stable, but their primary purpose would be to have a solid heel pressence...which just happens to be the best wrestlers in the promotion.

So that's how ol' Woo....err, that's how I would do it.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are sooo many creative ways that WWE could bring in Kong and Flash....but its WWE,so it likely wont happen

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by evilyn View Post

Would.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kong in WWE?

agashgashgashgashgashghasgajsahggshagha

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw "SmackDown!" tonight ... and I have to say, it's leaps and bounds better than freakin' "RAW" ... overall, just everything is better, the wrestlers get mic time and storylines ... they have actual wrestling matches ... and the BEST commentating team out of all the brands, and I say that mainly because Matt Stryker is a nice throwback announcer who invests in the storylines, acts knowledgeable (and probably is!) and also is kind of heelish (something "the King" USED to be golden at, now he's just that pervy commentator). For anyone who didn't see the broadcast yet, I'll spoiler tag my thoughts just in case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I felt that the Mickie James segment went on for too long. I'm quite fine with the Michelle/Layla insults going on for some time before anyone comes out, but Mickie and Maria's exchange with them didn't seem to achieve much.

I know there are a lot of divas worse at delivering lines than Mickie, Layla and Michelle, but it still felt quite awkward. Maria looking to the crowd for approval after most lines was cringeworthy, but that's just her all over.

I don't watch WWE religiously, so I don't know what the whole Layla stuttering thing was all about either.

If this is going to rumble on into 'Mania, I want it to be Michelle vs Mickie vs Beth. Beth adds great physical presence and technique to a match that has all the chance to be a botchfest at what will be the real 25th anniversary of WM.

I loved the CM Punk segment. Deeb delivered on the mic well, and any female willing to shave her head for an angle gets extra marks. I can't wait to see where this one goes. I've never been convinced by Punk in the past, but I was impressed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the Mickie James segment. It was a bit lengthy, could have probably trimmed Maria and Laylas' speaking parts, but the good thing about it was they delivered a reason for Mickie to hate the heels. Calling her fat every week (when she clearly isn't, and I still wish they would have someone fucking say that already, because this is grossly irresponsible) was hardly a reason for a feud; a grown woman should have been able to just laugh at them and treat the insults with the contempt they deserve. Unfortunately, she just cried all the time instead, and this was meant to justify a lengthy feud. Now, though, they've finally done something worth getting our teeth into, and it's probably the first time in a couple of years I have seen the writers give the women a reason to fight beyond some name calling and "I want the belt". Good show.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed with the comments above. Michelle and Layla are wonderful together (the Layla stuttering thing was her imitating Porky the Pig, Jayz) and I love how they are so into themselves. It is almost like they really do think they are doing "good" things for Mickie. Plus, Mickie's speech was nice. It kind of had undertones of "Hey internet rumors, I am not going anywhere!" plus it was a nice women empowerment speech regarding body image. Maria's line did seem a bit forced, but I think that is because none of us are used to seeing Maria as a threat. Wish it could have been Eve instead of Maria... Layla's last line of, "I have manners, I'm ENGLISH!" was golden.

Beth is going to turn on Michelle and Layla soon enough, so I wasn't too upset about her siding with the heels this week.

And yay for Serena finally debuting. Head shaved, eh? Looks cute still

Intercontinental Champion LUNATIC's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Would.
    agreed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Beth does turn on Michelle because I'd hate to see her just fall in line. The segment was alright, it kinda dragged but it was much better than what Raw's been doing.

I liked the Straight Edge Society segment, Sereena played her part well and I'm intrigued. My immediate thought was I wish Jeff and Lita were around for some Team Extreme vs SES 6 person tag.

Overall they continue to do good on the SD side with the women, while the Raw side is stuck in the 90s.

Real Madrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RAW Diva Matches

Real Madrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Jemma Palmer still waiting for her visa?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alicia was great last night. It's about time they let her show some personality and do some stuff outside the ring.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I was looking forward to the Gail Kim vs Alicia Fox match last night much more so than seeing mon amour Maryse. Alicia looked really good, it was a shame there were a couple of slips and that the match only lasted 2 minutes, but Alicia was mostly solid in and out of the ring.

IMO, they should have promoted Gail Kim a lot more. Apart from one, the match spots were impressive and the ending was cool, but there was no focus on Gail Kim advancing to the final, and she didn't even get an entrance

Maryse made me laugh on the mic. "You're disrespectful! I don't accept apologies" The match was not so great, and Eve seems to be getting worse gradually

For the final of this thing I hope they give them more than 4 minutes to work a match. I also hope it's on par or better than some of the entertaining matches Gail Kim and Maryse had on SmackDown last year.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McGregor View Post
    Yep I was looking forward to the Gail Kim vs Alicia Fox match last night much more so than seeing mon amour Maryse. Alicia looked really good, it was a shame there were a couple of slips and that the match only lasted 2 minutes, but Alicia was mostly solid in and out of the ring.

IMO, they should have promoted Gail Kim a lot more. Apart from one, the match spots were impressive and the ending was cool, but there was no focus on Gail Kim advancing to the final, and she didn't even get an entrance

Maryse made me laugh on the mic. "You're disrespectful! I don't accept apologies" The match was not so great, and Eve seems to be getting worse gradually

For the final of this thing I hope they give them more than 4 minutes to work a match. I also hope it's on par or better than some of the entertaining matches Gail Kim and Maryse had on SmackDown last year.
    How was Eve's performance bad last night?

She has a bad match last week (the botch also included Alicia) and now people are hopping on this bandwagon of "Eve sucks". She hit a sweet dropkick, did her senton flip, an admittedly odd looking power/body slam, performed a nice moonsault, hit a released northern lights suplex (not a botch how some thought) and floated into the pin and then sold the heck out of that DDT. For taking the Trish Stratus route of training on your days off, I think she is doing quite well. That's not to say you don't have a valid view point, especially after two weeks of awkward matches, but I hardly see Eve's progress declining.

Alicia (who I dearly love) was the cause of all the slip ups in her match last night against Gail. I sure hope people don't start to hate on her now, too.

Totally not meaning to sound like some crazy Eve/Alicia Fox mark, but I really think these two women could be big stars this time next year.

Award Winning Radishes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    How was Eve's performance bad last night?

She has a bad match last week (the botch also included Alicia) and now people are hopping on this bandwagon of "Eve sucks". She hit a sweet dropkick, did her senton flip, an admittedly odd looking power/body slam, performed a nice moonsault, hit a released northern lights suplex (not a botch how some thought) and floated into the pin and then sold the heck out of that DDT. For taking the Trish Stratus route of training on your days off, I think she is doing quite well. That's not to say you don't have a valid view point, especially after two weeks of awkward matches, but I hardly see Eve's progress declining.

Alicia (who I dearly love) was the cause of all the slip ups in her match last night against Gail. I sure hope people don't start to hate on her now, too.

Totally not meaning to sound like some crazy Eve/Alicia Fox mark, but I really think these two women could be big stars this time next year.
    I'm sorry, I thought it was bad I'm not considering any such 'bandwagon', I literally watch and compare to the last two decades of wrestling I've watched. The suplex was nice, but the powerslam was lackluster, the dropkick was average, and the moonsault didn't catch much air. When you compare that performance to her SmackDown matches, it's a decline in progress I think. I still love you

Also, I think Gail Kim might be to blame for the most obvious slip up during that match, although I'm not sure what they were trying to do. I guess Gail was trying to go for a hurricanrana but she didn't get high enough to sit on Alicia's shoulders and so improvised from that position. I dunno, maybe it was Alicia, we can only speculate. It wasn't serious enough to stop me liking either girl.

Alicia Fox

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McGregor View Post
    I'm sorry, I thought it was bad I'm not considering any such 'bandwagon', I literally watch and compare to the last two decades of wrestling I've watched. The suplex was nice, but the powerslam was lackluster, the dropkick was average, and the moonsault didn't catch much air. When you compare that performance to her SmackDown matches, it's a decline in progress I think. I still love you

Also, I think Gail Kim might be to blame for the most obvious slip up during that match, although I'm not sure what they were trying to do. I guess Gail was trying to go for a hurricanrana but she didn't get high enough to sit on Alicia's shoulders and so improvised from that position. I dunno, maybe it was Alicia, we can only speculate. It wasn't serious enough to stop me liking either girl.

Alicia Fox
    Eve, Fox and Mr McGregor.

Eve did have better SD! matches. Oh well, let's hope for an all around better Raw next Monday!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eve was wrestling Natalia on Smackdown and now she is wrestling Maryse. Point proven i think

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we all knew once Eve was sent to Raw it would slow down her development as a wrestler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a random note....

There has been a toy rumble on the wwe.com site for the last week and a half now, and all of the new matel action figures were involved, including Beth Phoenix. viewers basically vote in each round who they want to see advance. Well they started off with 17, and are now down to 5, and Beth is one of the last 5. Just thought it was interesting as others like Triple H, Mysterio, & Kingston, all fan favorites , have been eliminated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received the Glamarella Mattel two-pack as one of my birthday gifts today from my old roommate; she found it completely by accident. I have to say that I love the fact that Mattel made a SEPARATE mold specifically for Beth's body type and that it looks just like her. Given their tremendous detail, I can't wait to see them create Mickie James, Maryse, Melina, and Michelle McCool.

If they do a Classics Line, I really hope they bust out a really good Trish Stratus and Sable too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - WWE Diva Maria will be taken off SmackDown TV for a while because apparently there is a clause in her contract for Celebrity Apprentice that says she can't appear on any other TV show while Apprentice is on the air. The season is set to begin on NBC on March 14th.
    I know she wasn't much help to Mickie but she was the only other face there. I wonder what they're gonna do, are they turning Beth face or binging in someone new?

Raw has 10 divas, Smackdown will have six with Serena debuting soon(Well 7 if you count Vickie, but since she doesn't wrestle, I don't.) And only 2 faces(with one leaving soon). It's time to send some ladies over to Smackdown. My suggestion? Eve. With a heel McCool, Layla, and Serena, and a face Mickie, Beth And Eve, the sides will be balanced.
    Last edited by evilyn; January 28th, 2010 at 8:58 AM.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, it will probably still be Layla/McCool attacking Mickie without the help of anyone else. I have a feeling Beth will be attacking the other two ladies in the near future. I wonder if this is eventually going to lead to Layla breaking away from Michelle?

Owner of Mark Hammer Mike Russo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_man_diva View Post
    I received the Glamarella Mattel two-pack as one of my birthday gifts today from my old roommate; she found it completely by accident. I have to say that I love the fact that Mattel made a SEPARATE mold specifically for Beth's body type and that it looks just like her. Given their tremendous detail, I can't wait to see them create Mickie James, Maryse, Melina, and Michelle McCool.

If they do a Classics Line, I really hope they bust out a really good Trish Stratus and Sable too.
    Would love to see a Piggy James figure complete with her barnyard titantron.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    Eh, it will probably still be Layla/McCool attacking Mickie without the help of anyone else. I have a feeling Beth will be attacking the other two ladies in the near future. I wonder if this is eventually going to lead to Layla breaking away from Michelle?
    I hope not. They're a good pair.

Michelle is a solid wrestler with no charisma, Layla's a charismatic chick whose average in the ring.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the McCool/Layla/Beth Pheonix trio dominate on Smackdown for a while.

I figure with Bret's return, The Hart Dynasty(Natalya) will turn face(if they haven't already. I haven't had time to watch full shows in a while) shortly, so they could roll with Mickie and Natalya taking on McCool/Layla/Beth in a long term fued.

The New Gen
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're setting Beth Vs Mickie up for WM and that's the reason why Beth is involved in this whole mess

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Beth/Mickie or Beth/Mickie/M.C. Cool

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like them to play off that McCool is so annoying that even other heels hate her, which is why Beth is involved.

I do wonder what thier going to do face wise now that Maria is gone.

Intercontinental Champion LUNATIC's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like them to play off that McCool is so annoying that even other heels hate her, which is why Beth is involved.

I do wonder what thier going to do face wise now that Maria is gone.
    Call up April Lee or have Savannah swithc brands. April Lee is more likely since Savannah and Rosa look like they're restarting their FCW feud on ECW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SGft7LDyUQ[/ame]

Not even seen this mentioned but it was an OK match, bit lackstar really good to see Jillian and Katie Lea but compared to Smackdown i just cant get behind the RAW women at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.C View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SGft7LDyUQ

Not even seen this mentioned but it was an OK match, bit lackstar really good to see Jillian and Katie Lea but compared to Smackdown i just cant get behind the RAW women at the moment.
    That's due to not having the Barracuda until June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care how awful that segment was on Smackdown b/w Michelle McCool & "Piggie James", it was one of the funniest things Iv'e seen in a long time from wrestling!

Layla is hysterical! Everything she said made me crack up! And she did an awesome job. I really think she found her niche in being Michelle's little sidekick.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't think it was that bad. It went a little longer than needed, and I personally would have had either Mickie or Beth come down at the end and beat on the both of them, but it was fairly amusing overall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That segment reminded me of the mock Trump/Rosie match on Raw. And it was just as cring worthy. Lets hope they drop this angle after the Rumble and move on to something with Beth and then something with her and Nattie.