Page 124 of 137 FirstFirst ... 114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 12,301 to 12,400 of 13686

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all of the above. Wrestler of the Year is basically WWE's MVP.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    That's true. Losing the title could work in Becky's favor. She would have to be a lock to win the Rumble at that point. Fans will shit all over it if she doesn't.

Asuka winning the title would go a long way toward rehabing her, but I can't help wondering if she'll end up as a transitional champion. With Mandy getting a push, I could see her becoming Women's Campion in the near future.

On a related note, this has to be the most badass pic Becky's ever posted. She's untouchable in the Women's division with her twitter game.

That pic was made by a very good friend of mine!

@skyhighrollins on IG is her handle.
    Last edited by VHS; December 5th, 2018 at 4:57 PM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think all of the above. Wrestler of the Year is basically WWE's MVP.
    AJ Styles?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    When you factor in what Rousey has been doing ALL YEAR long, I do think she's close.
    But I don't mean who they've pushed the hardest. I mean who has legitimately earned the audiences approval. Not just one good tag at mania and a couple decent matches that have been beaten into our heads as classics when they were nothing close.

Dont get me wrong. Ronda's fine. I mean Baszler is going to steal a ton of her heat when she debuts but Ronda can hold her own and seems to get what she's supposed to be doing most of the time.

But when's the last time you heard every fan in the building chanting Ronda's name at a Smackdown taping? She's maybe half as over as Becky right now.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    But I don't mean who they've pushed the hardest. I mean who has legitimately earned the audiences approval. Not just one good tag at mania and a couple decent matches that have been beaten into our heads as classics when they were nothing close.

Dont get me wrong. Ronda's fine. I mean Baszler is going to steal a ton of her heat when she debuts but Ronda can hold her own and seems to get what she's supposed to be doing most of the time.

But when's the last time you heard every fan in the building chanting Ronda's name at a Smackdown taping? She's maybe half as over as Becky right now.
    Truest thing I've read today, sir.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoever said some of Ronda's matches have been "classics" needs to be tested. If anything, the PPV matches have exceeded expectations and the TV matches have been scattered. The Survivor Series match with Charlotte was easily her best singles match. Nothing she's done would be considered a "classic".

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well since she's been in the business less than a year, they're certainly incredible matches comparatively. No one has ever had a slate of matches this good this quickly. Even Kurt needed a year in development.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Whoever said some of Ronda's matches have been "classics" needs to be tested. If anything, the PPV matches have exceeded expectations and the TV matches have been scattered. The Survivor Series match with Charlotte was easily her best singles match. Nothing she's done would be considered a "classic".
    How do you quantify classic?

They're not Steamboat/Savage, but I would argue that Ronda has been involved in some matches that have created very memorable moments (in a positive way).
    Last edited by Mazer; December 6th, 2018 at 3:08 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cewsh View Post
    Well since she's been in the business less than a year, they're certainly incredible matches comparatively. No one has ever had a slate of matches this good this quickly. Even Kurt needed a year in development.
    She's doing great considering her short amount of time in the business.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky - MVP
    Ronda - Rookie of the Year

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Seldon View Post
    Becky - MVP
    Ronda - Rookie of the Year
    There you go.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watch the Storm/Ripley UK title match? There was some potential there but I think they tried to push a 20-25 minute match/story into a 12-15 minute match. Felt a little rushed, but I think they've got some really good potential for the future with those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    How do you quantify classic?

They're not Steamboat/Savage, but I see old argue that Ronda has been involved in some matches that have created very memorable moments (in a positive way).
    It's either got to tell an incredible story with fantastic in-ring work, or (definitely lowering the bar) have a ton of memorable spots. The Mania match feels like it flirts with each of those qualifiers but doesn't really meet the threshold for either.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any problems with your definition.

Mine probably broadens out a bit. You could call it a "modern" classic type definition, which to me speaks to matches that I will remember positively for an extended period for a host of possible reasons (in-ring work, story, spectacle, etc).

It's a little pedantic, and classic probably wouldn't have been a term I would have used, but i think her WM match and her Charlotte Flair match both stand solid chances of matches that will be remembered for an extended period.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have any problems with your definition.

Mine probably broadens out a bit. You could call it a "modern" classic type definition, which to me speaks to matches that I will remember positively for an extended period for a host of possible reasons (in-ring work, story, spectacle, etc).

It's a little pedantic, and classic probably wouldn't have been a term I would have used, but i think her WM match and her Charlotte Flair match both stand solid chances of matches that will be remembered for an extended period.
    When I think of classics, the first that come to mind in very recent memory (within the last 18-24 months), I think of LWS with Charlotte and Becky, Styles/Cena at Summerslam, Bate/Dunne from NXT Chicago. The further I make a list, it's going to steer more towards NXT as opposed to main roster. NXT kills the main roster in that regard.

And I would definitely agree that those two Ronda matches stand out in good ways.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronda Rousey is hands down the most over female wrestler on the entire roster. If she wasn't, Becky Lynch wouldn't be getting her name chanted on Raw. Becky wouldn't even be getting mentioned outside the wrestling bubble whereas thanks to Ronda she's getting some coverage here and there outside that bubble. It's died off considerably since leading into Survivor Series but at least she's still got a good pop going in the wrestling bubble.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Ronda Rousey is hands down the most over female wrestler on the entire roster. If she wasn't, Becky Lynch wouldn't be getting her name chanted on Raw. Becky wouldn't even be getting mentioned outside the wrestling bubble whereas thanks to Ronda she's getting some coverage here and there outside that bubble. It's died off considerably since leading into Survivor Series but at least she's still got a good pop going in the wrestling bubble.
    I just have to disagree here. Becky was way over before she ever had any interaction with Ronda. Her interactions with Ronda certainly helped her get even more over.

I think it is important to understand (obviously you do understand, I am saying this as a general statement) the potential differences between being over in the WWE and being popular outside of WWE. Ronda will likely always have more mainstream appeal than Becky, but Becky is arguably (I say arguably because if you think Ronda is more over that is totally fine!!) the most over wrestler right now on the entire roster, male or female. It is more than a "good pop." Becky being insanely over in no way says that Ronda isn't also super over with the crowd, because she certainly is.

Attributing Becky's name chants on Raw to Ronda isn't totally off the mark I guess, and I honestly I've not thought of it that way before, so I'll sit with my thoughts on that

Obviously, at the end of the day we are both arguing something pretty subjective, and both Ronda and Becky are on fire right now so.... I think they both win still?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    I just have to disagree here. Becky was way over before she ever had any interaction with Ronda. Her interactions with Ronda certainly helped her get even more over.

I think it is important to understand (obviously you do understand, I am saying this as a general statement) the potential differences between being over in the WWE and being popular outside of WWE. Ronda will likely always have more mainstream appeal than Becky, but Becky is arguably (I say arguably because if you think Ronda is more over that is totally fine!!) the most over wrestler right now on the entire roster, male or female. It is more than a "good pop." Becky being insanely over in no way says that Ronda isn't also super over with the crowd, because she certainly is.

Attributing Becky's name chants on Raw to Ronda isn't totally off the mark I guess, and I honestly I've not thought of it that way before, so I'll sit with my thoughts on that

Obviously, at the end of the day we are both arguing something pretty subjective, and both Ronda and Becky are on fire right now so.... I think they both win still?
    She wasn't as over as Ronda before the Ronda feud. And even then, I think Rancid was being a little over the top by saying Ronda is maybe half as over as Becky Lynch. Again, as I said 3-4 times, in the wrestling bubble, Becky Lynch is fucking over that's for sure. But so is Ronda. RIGHT NOW, sure, Becky seems to be more popular among fans. But yeah, saying Ronda is maybe half as over as Becky is wild.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She wasn't as over as Ronda before the Ronda feud. And even then, I think Rancid was being a little over the top by saying Ronda is maybe half as over as Becky Lynch. Again, as I said 3-4 times, in the wrestling bubble, Becky Lynch is fucking over that's for sure. But so is Ronda. RIGHT NOW, sure, Becky seems to be more popular among fans. But yeah, saying Ronda is maybe half as over as Becky is wild.
    I understand you now!

Long story short: We deserve a Becky vs Ronda match at WM because they are both over as fuck, and the chain wrestling that could potentially happen when they are both trying to lock in the arm bar could be baller.

As much as I love Charlotte, I think Becky could pull an even better match out of Ronda. Though, a triple threat wouldn't totally be a bad thing, but (and this is a lot of ifs), if Becky loses to Asuka at TLC, and then wins the women's RR, I fail to see how Charlotte could be shoehorned into a triple threat without looking like she weaseled her way in, which is a story we've experienced at SS and now at TLC.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I mean the only real way to settle this is to have Lynch vs Rousey at mania.

Obviously.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand you now!

Long story short: We deserve a Becky vs Ronda match at WM because they are both over as fuck, and the chain wrestling that could potentially happen when they are both trying to lock in the arm bar could be baller.

As much as I love Charlotte, I think Becky could pull an even better match out of Ronda. Though, a triple threat wouldn't totally be a bad thing, but (and this is a lot of ifs), if Becky loses to Asuka at TLC, and then wins the women's RR, I fail to see how Charlotte could be shoehorned into a triple threat without looking like she weaseled her way in, which is a story we've experienced at SS and now at TLC.
    Oh, they'll find a way if they really want Charlotte in there.

Yeah I mean the only real way to settle this is to have Lynch vs Rousey at mania.

Obviously.
    And Becky wins.

Obvs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Becky AND the WWE can maintain this momentum into WrestleMania I will be shocked!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching Smackdown and when Charlotte said "Change the song" I was like, yes, please. It's starting to become what usually happens to anything organic that wasn't supposed to get over as well as it does. They start overdoing it. So every week now Becky comes out, grabs the mic, does her best impression of Conor McGregor, calls people "dopes" and that she's The Man. It's literally the same promo. Good thing Twitter exists or you'd never hear Becky say really anything new.

Now...with all of that said. I'm enjoying Becky more than ever. But I do fear that the WWE and Becky and the fans might not ride this wave like they are now come Mania. If she can maintain, then we have a real top tier player. There are so many positive directions they could go with her but again, it's the WWE. They have butterfingers when they catch lightning in a bottle.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I was watching Smackdown and when Charlotte said "Change the song" I was like, yes, please. It's starting to become what usually happens to anything organic that wasn't supposed to get over as well as it does. They start overdoing it. So every week now Becky comes out, grabs the mic, does her best impression of Conor McGregor, calls people "dopes" and that she's The Man. It's literally the same promo. Good thing Twitter exists or you'd never hear Becky say really anything new.

Now...with all of that said. I'm enjoying Becky more than ever. But I do fear that the WWE and Becky and the fans might not ride this wave like they are now come Mania. If she can maintain, then we have a real top tier player. There are so many positive directions they could go with her but again, it's the WWE. They have butterfingers when they catch lightning in a bottle.

And the fickle WWE fanbase rears its ugly head. Wrestlemania is five months away, its not five years. People need to stop looking for the bad in everything in this business. I am sure there will be an off week or two, but we will get there. Unless they totally fuck up Becky which I doubt since she is in charge of her twitter not Vince.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    And the fickle WWE fanbase rears its ugly head. Wrestlemania is five months away, its not five years. People need to stop looking for the bad in everything in this business. I am sure there will be an off week or two, but we will get there. Unless they totally fuck up Becky which I doubt since she is in charge of her twitter not Vince.
    5 months prior to WrestleMania 30 the WWE were about to have their most over wrestler since The Rock work the midcard against fucking Sheamus for the 4th year in a row so please don't label me some fickle WWE fan.

This isn't me LOOKING for the bad. This is me just having a realistic opinion on how the WWE books talent. What exactly was fickle about my statement? Or did you just learn that word this week after Daniel Bryan chanted it awkwardly? Because nothing I said is me being fickle, it's me not having much faith in WWE booking and we're starting to see the overdone nature of their booking as we speak.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JR called it when he said Becky and Ronda are the two hottest things in the company now. It's just whether Vince has the balls to keep this momentum going and have them close mania

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I fear happening is Vince and co. will start to panic realizing Becky is the more popular of the two and he'll do things that he thinks will make Becky less than Ronda. It's exactly what they tried to do earlier this summer. If anyone tells you the WWE had planned for Becky's rise to happen, they're fake. The WWE didn't plan on the fans being sympathetic toward Becky and her getting the shaft in the booking just to get Charlotte ANOTHER championship. Just like the WWE didn't plan on Daniel Bryan going into WM 30 the most over talent in 20 years. They did everything to derail that train until they realized after the Rumble incident that they had to go with Bryan.

Even then I think they were still hoping Batista would catch on more and then they would be able to have their OVW WrestleMania main event of Orton v. Batista.

But we also have to look at the WWE fanbase. Sometimes, SOMETIMES, some of us fans will latch on to something trendy and then it dies down. The worst case scenario is we get sick of both Ronda and Becky by the time Mania rolls around. I don't see that happening, but it could if the WWE go too far with oversaturating the characters.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    If the fans get tired of Rhonda and Becky then they only have themselves to blame. Becky and Rhonda are doing everything that is asked of them. Neither are going to buck Vince. Rhonda is not Brock. She is not going back to UFC. The two of them being on separate shows is the best thing for them. This fanbase has the attention of a cat at times.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    If the fans get tired of Rhonda and Becky then they only have themselves to blame. Becky and Rhonda are doing everything that is asked of them. Neither are going to buck Vince. Rhonda is not Brock. She is not going back to UFC. The two of them being on separate shows is the best thing for them. This fanbase has the attention of a cat at times.
    If the fans get tired of Ronda and Becky it's because the WWE let them down. If they're supposedly doing everything that's asked of them and it's not resonating with the crowd down the road because it's NOT GOOD MATERIAL, how is that the fans' fault for not being interested? Serious question because I've seen your commentary during Raw and it's not like you're a fanboy of everything the WWE puts out. At all.

Yeah, Ronda isn't going back to the UFC but she literally just posted a video about a week or 2 ago after Survivor Series talking about how her "family" of farm animals are making her question whether she wants to be in the WWE or not.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I totally share your fears there Nash but I'm hoping none of that will happen.

Becky filled a vacant spot on SD. They needed a resident badass and she slid right in to that slot.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to keep someone hot is for them to be involved in a hot feud. You also can't go with 50/50 booking. Becky has to keep winning.

I think there's a limit to what they can accomplish on Smackdown with the Women's Division as it is.
    It feels like Becky/Charlotte is over, but they're continuing it anyway. After TLC, I don't feel the need to see them wrestle each other again for a long time. Becky vs Asuka would generate some great matches, but with the Rumble on the horizon, it would be a short feud. I don't know where they're going with Mandy and Sonya, unless it's just to fill out the Tag Division. Outside of that, I don't see any other potential angles.

Ronda has more to work with over on RAW storyline wise. Nia's in her face, Bliss is taking over the Division, and Steph is always a potential threat.

What it comes down to is that everyone's expectations are really high. Because the match with Ronda didn't happen, we're anticipating it even more. If everything went according to plan at SS, I don't think we'd be talking about how to keep Becky hot. There would be no need to.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rhonda needs to cost Becky and Charlotte the title at the TLC then they both cut promos that they will win the Rumble and destroy Rhonda.

Becky Wins the Rumble and calls out Rhonda.

Becky Goes to RAW and faces Nia at the next PPV to build up her Badassness on her way to Rhonda.

Becky wins the Main Event at Wrestlemania to solidify her greatness.

Charlotte fails at the Rumble and doubts herself. She wins a number 1 contenders elimination chamber at the Elimination Chamber PPV (If thats in Feb)

CHarlotte Faces Asuka at Mania and Wins. They can then do the Eddie Benoit ending but i'm fine if Asuka wins too.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Asuka can job to Charlottte two years straight at Mania and have any kind of credibility left. That happens, that will be her done as a main event talent in the eyes of the fans.

Like the rest of it though

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to keep someone hot is for them to be involved in a hot feud. You also can't go with 50/50 booking. Becky has to keep winning.

I think there's a limit to what they can accomplish on Smackdown with the Women's Division as it is.
    It feels like Becky/Charlotte is over, but they're continuing it anyway. After TLC, I don't feel the need to see them wrestle each other again for a long time. Becky vs Asuka would generate some great matches, but with the Rumble on the horizon, it would be a short feud. I don't know where they're going with Mandy and Sonya, unless it's just to fill out the Tag Division. Outside of that, I don't see any other potential angles.

Ronda has more to work with over on RAW storyline wise. Nia's in her face, Bliss is taking over the Division, and Steph is always a potential threat.

What it comes down to is that everyone's expectations are really high. Because the match with Ronda didn't happen, we're anticipating it even more. If everything went according to plan at SS, I don't think we'd be talking about how to keep Becky hot. There would be no need to.
    Becky/Rousey is the money match now. Having Rousey cost her the title and then have her win the Rumble and come to Raw is the best way forward.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if....

Becky and Charlotte cost each other the match at TLC. They're both fighting at the top, Asuka shoves the ladder, they both go tumbling over the top, Asuka wins.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    I don't think Asuka can job to Charlottte two years straight at Mania and have any kind of credibility left. That happens, that will be her done as a main event talent in the eyes of the fans.

Like the rest of it though
    I see what you're saying, and its feasible.

However, if losing to Charlotte to break the streak, and then immediately putting Carmella over multiple times didn't kill her in the fans eyes....its still feasible that a 3 month title reign and eventual loss to Flair doesn't hurt her from where she is now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see what you're saying, and its feasible.

However, if losing to Charlotte to break the streak, and then immediately putting Carmella over multiple times didn't kill her in the fans eyes....its still feasible that a 3 month title reign and eventual loss to Flair doesn't hurt her from where she is now.
    If anything it would hurt Charlotte. She's going to wind up in Cena City if they keep booking her with the championship. We saw what happened when she won the title last time, it made Becky one of the most over wrestlers in years. lol. You have Charlotte dethrone Asuka again, it'll just lead to fans shitting on Charlotte even more. Asuka is still very over, and Charlotte's a 7 time champion, she doesn't need the fucking belt. Neither does Becky Lynch.

Get the belt on Asuka so Asuka can help elevate the talent on SD. Naomi is really the only other wrestler that isn't green as grasshopper shit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to recent reports, the reason Asuka was added to the TLC match was because Vince noticed the pop she got when Becky was picking her replacement for SS. He must have gotten a hearing aid, because he failed to hear the hug pops Becky's been getting for the last year and a half.

Becky/Rousey is the money match now. Having Rousey cost her the title and then have her win the Rumble and come to Raw is the best way forward.
    If Rousey costs Becky the title at TLC, then the fans will completely turn on her. She will absolutely be the heel in this feud. I don't know if Vince wants to go in this direction.

If anything it would hurt Charlotte. She's going to wind up in Cena City if they keep booking her with the championship. We saw what happened when she won the title last time, it made Becky one of the most over wrestlers in years. lol. You have Charlotte dethrone Asuka again, it'll just lead to fans shitting on Charlotte even more. Asuka is still very over, and Charlotte's a 7 time champion, she doesn't need the fucking belt. Neither does Becky Lynch.

Get the belt on Asuka so Asuka can help elevate the talent on SD. Naomi is really the only other wrestler that isn't green as grasshopper shit.
    Charlotte definitely doesn't need the belt again for a long time, which means she'll probably end up with at least 2 title reigns next year, lol. I think Becky needs a few more runs with it before we can say she doesn't need it anymore.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to recent reports, the reason Asuka was added to the TLC match was because Vince noticed the pop she got when Becky was picking her replacement for SS. He must have gotten a hearing aid, because he failed to hear the hug pops Becky's been getting for the last year and a half.

If Rousey costs Becky the title at TLC, then the fans will completely turn on her. She will absolutely be the heel in this feud. I don't know if Vince wants to go in this direction.

Charlotte definitely doesn't need the belt again for a long time, which means she'll probably end up with at least 2 title reigns next year, lol. I think Becky needs a few more runs with it before we can say she doesn't need it anymore.
    Becky's pops were nothing special until after she turned on Charlotte. That's just me though.

I would be interested to see Ronda as a heel. Her teammates in NXT are full blown heels so why not? Right now it's hard to tell if Ronda would be accepted as a full blown heel or just a heel in the Becky feud. Which I think in that respect, judging by how Vince has booked Roman, Cena, hell even Charlotte sometimes, he'll press forward with these characters as babyfaces even if the crowd is negative toward them. Sometimes it's just the feud, you have your Ronda fans, you have your Becky fans.

I said it before, I'll be curious to see if Becky can maintain this momentum with someone other than Ronda.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will inevitably get to Becky vs Nia Jax, and Becky will maintain this momentum

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky's pops were nothing special until after she turned on Charlotte. That's just me though.

I would be interested to see Ronda as a heel. Her teammates in NXT are full blown heels so why not? Right now it's hard to tell if Ronda would be accepted as a full blown heel or just a heel in the Becky feud. Which I think in that respect, judging by how Vince has booked Roman, Cena, hell even Charlotte sometimes, he'll press forward with these characters as babyfaces even if the crowd is negative toward them. Sometimes it's just the feud, you have your Ronda fans, you have your Becky fans.

I said it before, I'll be curious to see if Becky can maintain this momentum with someone other than Ronda.
    if you have time, go back and watch those first 2 Women's MITB matches. There are Becky chants all throughout.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you have time, go back and watch those first 2 Women's MITB matches. There are Becky chants all throughout.
    Oh yeah she's a favorite but her pops were nothing big that would make you turn your head like they were missing out on the next big thing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Becky is going to have a WWE Network doc come out at some point, according to Meltzer. He reported that she's been filmed over recent months for one that will be for the Network.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Becky is going to have a WWE Network doc come out at some point, according to Meltzer. He reported that she's been filmed over recent months for one that will be for the Network.
    Honestly, unless she's on twitter I don't really care what she has going on lol. I know that sounds cold but she seems way more entertaining and comfortable behind the keyboard so to speak. Just have her do the doc in a tweet format, that'll be slick.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree that they've kept Becky as a one note character on TV. She's been gold when left to her own devices on twitter.

It's still early, but I think this is another case of someone becoming a "thing" on their own, and WWE is trying to figure out what to do with them.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly, unless she's on twitter I don't really care what she has going on lol. I know that sounds cold but she seems way more entertaining and comfortable behind the keyboard so to speak. Just have her do the doc in a tweet format, that'll be slick.
    She's usually very reserved in interviews it seems like.

I recall her on the Austin podcast and when she mentioned something about getting in trouble as a teenager and wanting to behave better for her mother Austin asked what she did.

And she totally shut it down like she was simply not going to talk about anything that might embarrass her mom.

Now that's totally cool but it also makes for a boring intervew.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge would agree with you, because he referenced the last one in today's pod as the one that kind of helped springboard this momentum.

I recall her on the Austin podcast and when she mentioned something about getting in trouble as a teenager and wanting to behave better for her mother Austin asked what she did.

And she totally shut it down like she was simply not going to talk about anything that might embarrass her mom.

She was fantastic on the E&C pod that came out today. Pretty great weaving of The Man and Becky.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Network doc I mentioned on Becky is actually a Chronicle and it will debut tomorrow. The turnaround time is actually relatively impressive because this Chronicle is just revolving around the build to Survivor Series, her subsequent removal from the event, and the build to TLC.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other hand, you've got Dean basically admitting to committing crimes, lol.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THAT TLC MATCH THOUGH.

"It's all fake anyway, honey, dont'cha know?"
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So happy for Asuka finally getting her moment on the main roster.

Apprehensive though on if they'll keep up Becky's momentum or fumble it.

Also really tired of Ronda in general.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PT*Paratroopa View Post
    So happy for Asuka finally getting her moment on the main roster.

Apprehensive though on if they'll keep up Becky's momentum or fumble it.

Also really tired of Ronda in general.
    That match was fantastic, and strangely I think it was perfectly booked. By Ronda interfering (and kind of going heel?) they protected Charlotte and Becky without tarnishing the win for Asuka. I think this is an obvious set up for either Becky vs Ronda at WM or Becky vs Charlotte vs Ronda at WM. Maybe it is just me having too much faith in the company, but I am not worried about them keeping up Becky's momentum. She's on fire right now and I don't see that stopping for a while. Also, fuck, that match was really fantastic. When Charlotte screamed, "Oh my god!" when Becky landed on her I was certain she had broken all of her ribs.

Natayla vs Ruby was actually a good ending to a rather lackluster (or stupid) storyline, and bravo to Liz for that sick table bump. I think the Riott Squad are killing it as a heel stable.

Ronda vs Nia was fine! Ronda can actually be exciting to watch in the ring and she clearly has not problem putting her body on the line and bumping. But she still sometimes looks... I don't know, a little lost.

Now... could Sasha and Bayley please get a little more relevance in 2019?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do think Ronda interfering was good booking, and it recognized that the fans were going to mostly cheer for Becky vs. Ronda, even if it wasn't a full heel turn, it was enough to give cover to announcers "explaining" future crowd reactions.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really not interested in a triple threat at Mania. I imagine it would be good, but I want to see Becky versus Ronda, one-on-one. I'd rather see Charlotte and Ronda battle at the Rumble and Becky, one way or another, wins the opportunity to challenge Ronda at Mania.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really not interested in a triple threat at Mania. I imagine it would be good, but I want to see Becky versus Ronda, one-on-one. I'd rather see Charlotte and Ronda battle at the Rumble and Becky, one way or another, wins the opportunity to challenge Ronda at Mania.
    I think that would be my preferred route, too. Having Asuka vs Charlotte III at WM would be fantastic (maybe with her finally getting her 8th reign? IDK...), and I really think Becky vs Ronda is the money match for mania.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That match was fantastic, and strangely I think it was perfectly booked. By Ronda interfering (and kind of going heel?) they protected Charlotte and Becky without tarnishing the win for Asuka. I think this is an obvious set up for either Becky vs Ronda at WM or Becky vs Charlotte vs Ronda at WM. Maybe it is just me having too much faith in the company, but I am not worried about them keeping up Becky's momentum. She's on fire right now and I don't see that stopping for a while. Also, fuck, that match was really fantastic. When Charlotte screamed, "Oh my god!" when Becky landed on her I was certain she had broken all of her ribs.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I do think Ronda interfering was good booking, and it recognized that the fans were going to mostly cheer for Becky vs. Ronda, even if it wasn't a full heel turn, it was enough to give cover to announcers "explaining" future crowd reactions.
    What Ronda did last night was way more heelish than what Becky did to her. Becky jumped her backstage (although we never saw what led up to it, so we can't say who started it), while Ronda cost her a match. Charlotte got herself DQ'd which worked in Ronda's favor. The post match beatdown was severe, but Ronda shrugged it off, so again, costing Charlotte the match makes her looks way more heelish.

Same. We had two Women's singles matches this year at 'Mania. If they do a triple threat next year for the RAW title, then we'll most likely get a multi-woman for the Smackdown title as well. That's a step backwards.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the women looked good in the gauntlet match (well, Alicia looked good for Alicia).

Bayley/Sasha are so good, I really hope they get a chance to shine a bit more in 2019 with some tag team gold.

Also, Lacey Evans and Nikki Cross coming to the main roster. Not at all surprised about Cross, as she kind of had an unofficial SD! debut against Becky a month or so ago. Kind of surprised about Lacey. She has some incredibly flashy and impressive moves, but a fucking awful finisher (a right hand punch called the women's right). Would have preferred someone like Kairi, but then again, Bliss and Carmella were both just existing in NXT before their main roster debuts and have both had varying levels of success since being called up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacey does not strike me as someone who is ready for the main roster (shocker) but she could be given opportunities just based off her look. She seemed like she was becoming serviceable in the ring with some signs of improvement but I don't think she was all that developed in terms of her promo work. Short doses, alright, but carrying a longer one seemed sketchy.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky's momentum is fine.

She's on SD.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky vs Asuka has been announced for the Rumble. Anyone else think she might pull double duty that night?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky vs Asuka has been announced for the Rumble. Anyone else think she might pull double duty that night?
    She has to, right? Otherwise it will be a Bryan at Royal Rumble 2014 reaction again. She could even lose clean to Asuka in the beginning of the show as long as she comes back and wins the rumble. Any loss of steam from the earlier loss will be regained if she wins.

Now if you want to go proper meta you could have Charlotte win the rumble without Becky in it. That will get her proper booed. Then have the fans rally behind Becky and "force" her into a Maina triple threat, main eventing the show. I.o.w., redoing the Bryan story, but intentional this time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's end rematch clauses, but do a rematch anyway, lol. This must mean Becky became the #1 Contender on the pre-taped ep of Smackdown.

I'm already opposed to a Triple Threat, so rehashing the Bryan WrestleMania 30 storyline to get there is even less appealing.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's end rematch clauses, but do a rematch anyway, lol. This must mean Becky became the #1 Contender on the pre-taped ep of Smackdown.

I'm already opposed to a Triple Threat, so rehashing the Bryan WrestleMania 30 storyline to get there is even less appealing.
    That is probably what it means.

I don't read show spoilers but WWE behaves as if everyone does and that's just nonsense.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now Paige is saying on Twitter that Asuka/Lynch is not necessarily happening at the Rumble.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that Bischoff thinks Becky may not write her social media update. What do people think, has she got a writer there?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, who will go over, Rousey or Becky? Tough one. Guess it depends on Rouseys contract situation. If she is staying past Mania you would think she would retain.

Imagine the rub for Becky though if she is the one to beat her clean

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now Paige is saying on Twitter that Asuka/Lynch is not necessarily happening at the Rumble.
    Did Paige forget she's not the GM anymore?

Interesting that Bischoff thinks Becky may not write her social media update. What do people think, has she got a writer there?
    Yeah, that was strange. Wrestlers are pretty much left to their own devices on Twitter. And it's not like Becky's the only one to post in character. Is Bischoff not aware of the crazy stuff Matt Hardy's posted over the years?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legit question. Why should anyone give a shit about what Eric Bischoff thinks in 2018?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Paige forget she's not the GM anymore?
    Yeah, that's kind of the explanation. She said she thought she was doing one last act as GM but then realized she couldn't do it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would do this:

Asuka v. Lynch rematch on SD's New Year's show for the title. Charlotte interferes and this sets up Charlotte v. Asuka at Rumble putting Becky in the Rumble match. Asuka gets her win back against Charlotte, Becky wins the Rumble and you get Asuka v. Charlotte 3 at Mania with the headlining match Becky Lynch v. Ronda Rousey.

But that's what I love about this 4-way scenario with R3, Asuka, Charlotte, and The Man. You know they're not putting Asuka in the main event at Mania if they're going with the women. And you can get to Charlotte v. Ronda 2 or Becky v. Ronda several ways if that is the end game.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Legit question. Why should anyone give a shit about what Eric Bischoff thinks in 2018?
    Because his insight is relevant.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's 2018 but if Bill Clinton started giving his two cents on the President I would listen.

Bischoff is one of those people who has accomplished so much in wrestling but his reputation via the dirt sheets and sour grapes from people who weren't ready for the Hogan spots *cough* Jericho *cough* Benoit *cough* Guerrero or people who were just mad that they weren't the favorite *cough* Flair *cough* has really made fans blind to those accomplishments.

If he suggest Becky Lynch doesn't write her own tweets for one it wouldn't be that shocking considering how many celebrities do not in fact run their own social media despite how much it might "sound" like them. And for two, he probably thinks that is the case because she repeats herself on t.v. every week with the same 3-4 lines whereas on Twitter she's savage.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thing is, Becky started posting these savage tweets right after she turned on Charlotte at SummerSlam. This would mean WWE anticipated she was going to be super over in a couple months, so they had a staff writer take over her twitter account in preparation of that.

Becky's always been creative with her promos, she just used it for corny jokes before. She's been frustrated with her spot in the company for a long time. Now she has the opportunity to vent that frustration.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest I think it's her because there are some things she posts that I don't think the WWE would have a writer do such as the tweet where she talked about how Charlotte missed Smackdown for X amount of weeks for a boob job lol.

I mean, these people are super close, they can get away with talking that kind of shit, why not just let it ride on t.v. more often? I guess that goes back to Vince and co. wanting complete control over EVERYTHING.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're so bad at capitalizing on things. There have been some great twitter feuds that never translated to anything on TV. And just look at the last couple weeks. They had the perfect opportunity to make a new belt for Bryan and replace the strap with something organic, but dropped the ball. They have to start loosening the reigns.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with the booking has been as glaring as the sun 2 feet from your face: organic development. Stone Cold organically rose to the top. The Rock organically rose to the top. Sure, you want to push someone like John Cena and wait 10+ years before they truly crack into the crossover realm like a Hogan or Austin, sure go ahead and you do that.

But when you think about someone like Asuka, who they basically buried this year....for her to still be one of the most over women on the roster is just a testament to her ability and the fans' love for her.

If the WWE could harness more of what we're reading on social media, which it does at times feel like they have with Becky, I could see it being a major positive. They're all about social media yet never really use it to their advantage. They use it to justify pushing Roman to the moon because those 2 guys in Guam tweeted how much they mark out but how about the banter?

How about bringing that Naomi-Mandy Rose shit to the table? Holy fuck those 2 were going back and forth like no other. And who knows....maybe Vince, while cool to an extent with these people breaking kayfabe into a trillion pieces, maybe he isn't a big fan of something like Naomi calling Mandy Rose "Eva Marie 2.0" lol

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there's no way a wwe writer is doing Becky's twitter.

The Man
    The Man
    @BeckyLynchWWE
    Start of 2018, I couldn’t even get on TV. You’re never truly down, you’re never truly out. Stand up and fight. Keep swinging even if you don’t know what you’re swinging for, or at. If you’re like me you’ll eventually slap a head that deserves it and the whole world will notice.
    I love Becky and I'm as surprised as anyone that she has this much personality. But she does. This is all her. She had a hidden megastar inside her and now she's showing it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to wonder just how much bigger certain talent would be without the shackles of Vince McMahon the last 15 years. The guy used to be the fucking shit, now he has to control so much that it just fucks up everything. It's only a matter of time before Becky Lynch puts her "Man" title on the line against Vince. Actually that'd be cool.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grain of salt required, but Meltzer noted that Lynch/Rousey is the plan for Mania. Flair could get added but the plan right now is to do Flair/Rousey again at the Rumble. The report indicates that they're keeping their options open in regards to added Flair, but the singles match is the plan right now. Before things obviously changed, it was noted that whatever match Rousey was going to be in (likely Flair) wasn't scheduled at the time to main event Mania and that whatever Reigns was going to be doing was going to be the main event. Reigns/Ambrose could be the working theory for the main event but everything clearly changed there. Rousey/Flair was the idea then Lynch got on fire and things have changed again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear that the tentative plans are for a singles match between Ronda and Becky. We've heard about a potential rematch between Ronda and Charlotte at the Rumble, so it's sounding more and more likely. Maybe it will be part of the shake up the McMahon's are promising.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to wonder just how much bigger certain talent would be without the shackles of Vince McMahon the last 15 years. The guy used to be the fucking shit, now he has to control so much that it just fucks up everything. It's only a matter of time before Becky Lynch puts her "Man" title on the line against Vince. Actually that'd be cool.
    It cannot be overstated that as time has gone by and Vince has decided more and more to take things out of the hands of the talent and put them into the hands of creative, that things have done nothing but decline in quality and grow ever more stale.

I'm a WWE and Vince defender more often than not. Especially outside of these forum walls. But he's fighting an uphill battle when it comes to developing characters. He's simply doing it wrong and making everything harder than it needs to be.

This industry was around for half a century before Vince took ownership of WWE and certain things, in terms of how you develop characters and which ones to push etc. were figured out a long time ago.

But Vince has to reinvent the wheel in his own mind and keep turning his product into something else. But what they are doing right now is completely counterproductive to success in terms of character development, gimmicks, gauging audience reaction and so much more.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whether or not we get Becky/Ronda or Charlotte/Ronda at 'Mania, I just want a proper Asuka/Ronda confrontation at some point.

Becky's cool. Charlotte's always a killer and brings it. But that Asuka/Ronda match is my proper dream match.

Discussion Topic: If you had to pick a pair of current WWE women to be the first WWE Women's Tag-Team Champions, but they couldn't be a pair who tags a lot on TV, who would you pick?

I'd go with Natalya and Bayley, personally. They could be a female Hart Foundation. Have Bayley play the Bret/Owen role of being a clean babyface who gets smashed and bashed by the heels, put all the heat on her, and then have Nattie play her old man's role as the hot-tag specialist.

They'd be fun.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Becky AND the WWE can maintain this momentum into WrestleMania I will be shocked!
    Would they actually do Becky vs John Cena at some point after the smackdown this week or was that just a one week thing that isn't going to lead to a match? I know there was quite a few inter gender matches in the attitude era and early 2000's, but since its been the PG era they have been far and few between.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has something to do with an agreement with their toy line manufacturer right? No man on woman violence.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It has something to do with an agreement with their toy line manufacturer right? No man on woman violence.
    I've heard that, but how does action figures relate in that aspect?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonyd46 View Post
    Would they actually do Becky vs John Cena at some point after the smackdown this week or was that just a one week thing that isn't going to lead to a match? I know there was quite a few inter gender matches in the attitude era and early 2000's, but since its been the PG era they have been far and few between.
    I think it was just a one-off segment. I'll say this...if John Cena considers MMA the most barbaric sport, imagine what he thinks about giving a woman the AA in 2019.

Probably just all around with sponsors and USA. I know TNA couldn't have man on woman violence and they were on Spike TV which had a shit ton of violent shows and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyd46 View Post
    I've heard that, but how does action figures relate in that aspect?
    They don't want young boys taking their Dean Ambrose and beating up their Brie Bella. Then when they get their first gf they think it's ok to give her the Dirty Deeds in the gym (sounds gross lol) as a way to break the ice.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They don't want young boys taking their Dean Ambrose and beating up their Brie Bella. Then when they get their first gf they think it's ok to give her the Dirty Deeds in the gym (sounds gross lol) as a way to break the ice.
    Exactly. There's too many legal issues that could arise from full on Inter-gender matches nowadays. They would definitely lose sponsors, so it's not worth it in the long run.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. There's too many legal issues that could arise from full on Inter-gender matches nowadays. They would definitely lose sponsors, so it's not worth it in the long run.
    I mean I'll be honest, I was never fan of that shit to begin with. And this boom on the indies doesn't mean it needs to happen in the mainstream. You can't try to condition boys not to hit girls by showcasing man on woman violence. You don't see Sheldon dropkicking Penny on Big Bang do you?

Let me be clear though.....Bubba powerbombing a woman through a table I'm fine with. But like Jericho/Christian v. Lita/Trish or what we see these days where some flimsy girl supposedly can hold her own against Brian Cage....naw that's stupid and sends a completely false narrative.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean I'll be honest, I was never fan of that shit to begin with. And this boom on the indies doesn't mean it needs to happen in the mainstream. You can't try to condition boys not to hit girls by showcasing man on woman violence. You don't see Sheldon dropkicking Penny on Big Bang do you?

Let me be clear though.....Bubba powerbombing a woman through a table I'm fine with. But like Jericho/Christian v. Lita/Trish or what we see these days where some flimsy girl supposedly can hold her own against Brian Cage....naw that's stupid and sends a completely false narrative.
    I remember when Ivelisse broke Mil Muertes's arm during his first title defense in the 2nd Season of Lucha Underground. It's one thing for Sexy star to mix it up with the men, but Ivelisse is 5', 90 lbs and I'm supposed to believe she can injure the undead monster of the company?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was just a one-off segment. I'll say this...if John Cena considers MMA the most barbaric sport, imagine what he thinks about giving a woman the AA in 2019.

Probably just all around with sponsors and USA. I know TNA couldn't have man on woman violence and they were on Spike TV which had a shit ton of violent shows and movies.

Yea that makes sense while I agree it as probably a one off if it does go anywhere it probably gets turned into a mixed tag or them having someone representing them or whatever (like a Vince trump thing). I can't see them actually facing off one on one for reasons above.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when Ivelisse broke Mil Muertes's arm during his first title defense in the 2nd Season of Lucha Underground. It's one thing for Sexy star to mix it up with the men, but Ivelisse is 5', 90 lbs and I'm supposed to believe she can injure the undead monster of the company?
    Well Lucha Underground presents itself as more of a comic book come to life than a legit sports contest. The man on woman thing always worked for me in LU because of that far out presentation.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well they are trying to get twitter talking I guess can see in the comments though that people aren't taking it seriously and giving the very funny wwe we know this won't happen etc.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1081701920107057152?s=21

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all of the AEW hub-bub, Viper (Piper) Niven has been brought up as a potential signee. Meltzer is under the impression that when her WOS contract is up, she'll be going to WWE.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all of the AEW hub-bub, Viper (Piper) Niven has been brought up as a potential signee. Meltzer is under the impression that when her WOS contract is up, she'll be going to WWE.
    Viper is pretty dang awesome in the ring, though I don't know a thing about her promo work. If the woman can talk, she could easily be a huge star!

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would love to see her in WWE. But she'd also be a great get for AEW.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky voted Woman of the Year by PWI.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wrestler of the Year in every way.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky voted Woman of the Year by PWI.
    It's weird how fans voted her Woman of the Year, but the mag still made Ronda #1 in the PWI 100. I could see it though, Becky's year was forgettable until after Summerslam.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's weird how fans voted her Woman of the Year, but the mag still made Ronda #1 in the PWI 100. I could see it though, Becky's year was forgettable until after Summerslam.
    It is totally weird, but I think it is great for both of them still.

Agreed, aside from the massive "will she win it?" pop at MITB, the first half of Becky's year was forgettable, though that's not her fault.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is totally weird, but I think it is great for both of them still.

Agreed, aside from the massive "will she win it?" pop at MITB, the first half of Becky's year was forgettable, though that's not her fault.
    Yeah, they ran with Carmella for way too long imo, and at the wrong time. Having her beat Charlotte after ending Asuka's streak 2 days prior was a mistake and then some lol.

Becky and Naomi had a long 6-7 months in 2018 imo. I hope 2019 is a much better year for Naomi (sorry to get sidetracked). It seems like they have a great idea of what to do with her now.