User Tag List

Page 135 of 135 FirstFirst ... 125131132133134135
Results 13,401 to 13,483 of 13483

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

  1. #13401
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Asuka just plain whooping her ass at Summerslam decisively, no cheesy roll-up of death would be delightful.

    Then Shayna can beat her.
    Charlotte being humbled would be nice. Asuka beating her ass would be great. Shayna taking the strap from Asuka, not bad.

    Smackdown side....Let's talk about who takes it from Bayley. Sasha seems pretty obvious. I would definitely go that route. Give Sasha a well deserved long run and either have Mandy or Sonya win the title by the end of the year. Personally I would go with Sonya, I think despite her current placement, she could be a top tier babyface. Her look, her martial arts background, improved greatly. Her and Mandy, they've progressed very well.

  2. #13402
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    364068
    I think they've done right with Charlotte as she has shown she is still miles ahead of most of the roster when it comes to delivering in the ring. She is so smooth when executing her moves, as her offense is very believable, but she also knows how to get into position seamlessly, and as a result she makes her opponents look solid.

    The fact that she's been all over the place, on SD, Raw and NXT, lately, has helped because she's gotten to work with everyone else. I agree they should have Asuka win decisively because she has stepped up her game in a big way. But if they don't, since Bayley has been coming in to her own on the mic, the next time Charlotte talks about being on all three shows, Bayley should point out that Charlotte has been LOSING on all three shows, while Bayley Dos Straps has been killing it.

    The problem with Sasha taking the belt from Bayley is that it's just too predictable. As soon as they inevitably break up, they will feud, but why does Sasha have to come out on top? Sasha is not nearly as good as Bayley in the ring - I just don't think she deserves it. I'd rather Bayley come out on top and drop it to Lacey, who is much better in the ring than she gets credit for.

    As for how some of the women are getting used, I think Carmella has been forgotten, and they should really use her to help get someone like Sonya over, especially on the mic. Carmella is better on the mic than many of the ladies - I'd easily put Bayley and Bliss a step above her, but not too many others..

  3. #13403
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    58,777
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    807844
    It’s like a catch 22. Charlotte delivers no question about that but if they keep her on a pedestal and playing safe then what does that do for others? How can they have a chance to get a push when there is that glass ceiling? For all the talk of a Women’s Revolution, it’s always the same folks at the top. Take a chance! Something new! (not Tamina though).

    Between all three rosters they have probably the most talented and best set of the women, but how can it really be a revolution when it’s just the same faces all the time?

  4. #13404
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I think they've done right with Charlotte as she has shown she is still miles ahead of most of the roster when it comes to delivering in the ring. She is so smooth when executing her moves, as her offense is very believable, but she also knows how to get into position seamlessly, and as a result she makes her opponents look solid.

    The fact that she's been all over the place, on SD, Raw and NXT, lately, has helped because she's gotten to work with everyone else. I agree they should have Asuka win decisively because she has stepped up her game in a big way. But if they don't, since Bayley has been coming in to her own on the mic, the next time Charlotte talks about being on all three shows, Bayley should point out that Charlotte has been LOSING on all three shows, while Bayley Dos Straps has been killing it.

    The problem with Sasha taking the belt from Bayley is that it's just too predictable. As soon as they inevitably break up, they will feud, but why does Sasha have to come out on top? Sasha is not nearly as good as Bayley in the ring - I just don't think she deserves it. I'd rather Bayley come out on top and drop it to Lacey, who is much better in the ring than she gets credit for.

    As for how some of the women are getting used, I think Carmella has been forgotten, and they should really use her to help get someone like Sonya over, especially on the mic. Carmella is better on the mic than many of the ladies - I'd easily put Bayley and Bliss a step above her, but not too many others..
    Overexposure, especially when only about 60% of the roster is being used is a real thing. And fans prior were already sick of Charlotte, rewind back to how Becky got so over. The WWE have female Roman on display. Charlotte's just a better wrestler.

    Sasha winning isn't any more predictable than her losing. Sasha>Bayley but that's just me. I think Sasha has it all and she's only going to get better which is scary. I also think there are stories you could tell with turning Sasha face and keeping Bayley a heel.

    Carmella should be forgotten. I was just watching the June 14th 2010 Raw (I think), it was the week after Nexus debuted. They had a tag-team match, Eve Torres and Gail Kim v. Maryse and Alicia Fox. Carmella is the modern day Alicia Fox. Whack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It’s like a catch 22. Charlotte delivers no question about that but if they keep her on a pedestal and playing safe then what does that do for others? How can they have a chance to get a push when there is that glass ceiling? For all the talk of a Women’s Revolution, it’s always the same folks at the top. Take a chance! Something new! (not Tamina though).

    Between all three rosters they have probably the most talented and best set of the women, but how can it really be a revolution when it’s just the same faces all the time?
    Charlotte is the glass ceiling when they won't even ease up and give her a break lol. I mean if she's a big draw I get it, you didn't keep Austin out of the title picture when he was red hot so maybe she's the Austin of 2020. But I find it hard to believe that she's not thinking, fuck, maybe I should slow my roll. Then again, they probably think she'll get the baby fever and not break her dad's record.

  5. #13405
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    58,777
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    807844
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Overexposure, especially when only about 60% of the roster is being used is a real thing. And fans prior were already sick of Charlotte, rewind back to how Becky got so over. The WWE have female Roman on display. Charlotte's just a better wrestler.

    Sasha winning isn't any more predictable than her losing. Sasha>Bayley but that's just me. I think Sasha has it all and she's only going to get better which is scary. I also think there are stories you could tell with turning Sasha face and keeping Bayley a heel.

    Carmella should be forgotten. I was just watching the June 14th 2010 Raw (I think), it was the week after Nexus debuted. They had a tag-team match, Eve Torres and Gail Kim v. Maryse and Alicia Fox. Carmella is the modern day Alicia Fox. Whack.



    Charlotte is the glass ceiling when they won't even ease up and give her a break lol. I mean if she's a big draw I get it, you didn't keep Austin out of the title picture when he was red hot so maybe she's the Austin of 2020. But I find it hard to believe that she's not thinking, fuck, maybe I should slow my roll. Then again, they probably think she'll get the baby fever and not break her dad's record.
    Unless she gets that baby fever, she’s probably not slowing down. She’s only 34 and got years ahead of her and no major injuries like Austin did. I do get your general point in the comparison though.

    They have a much healthier women’s roster now compared to back then but that also makes the glass ceiling harder to break as much as we’d like it to happen.

  6. #13406
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,072
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    319965
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    What I mean is if they're needed for a storyline or they're already in a storyline, that makes sense. So yes, Ric and Charlotte actually had a purpose. Bianca and Shayna....What would be the purpose? They're not in the tag mix, they're not in the Women's title mix. Easier to just leave them at home instead of chillin in the back lol

    Me personally, if I'm the WWE, I would have gone with Asuka v. Shayna. It's a fresh match up that would be hard hitting. Raw is too heel heavy for the women. They could have easily brought in Bianca to work with Charlotte. Makes perfect sense when you think about how they're presented as these elite athletes, not just elite wrestlers but athletes. I also think Charlotte should still be in NXT working with Rhea and Io.
    Not to sabotage a point for the thread, but Flair's purpose seems pretty stupid. Was it a one-week thing? What good was it to have him around if it was just one week? If he's around longer, are you just having him as a mouthpiece for Orton with a quasi-Evolution reunion? That seems weird because Orton has been more than fine on the mic. Then you've got Flair traveling more than he needs to during a pandemic. The only, literally, the only option I see for purpose is making it seem like he's got motive to be next to Orton only to have Orton punt the shit out of him too.

    As for the main point...I'd probably just demand better of the creative. Sure, Bianca and Shayna aren't in the pictures you've outlined, yet Lana and Natalya aren't in either and they're presumably setting something up. Whether it be together or apart, those two are going to be given TV time for something that's probably not amounting to much of anything of extreme value. That's so dumb when you have two talents who are really new to your main audience just there doing nothing. That just screams for creative to be better.

  7. #13407
    Champion of the Sun
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,859
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13252
    To add to the Charlotte conversation: she's a truly excellent entertainer. I think she's incredibly athletic, bumps her ass off, and I happen to think she's good on the mic. That being said, unless she's putting other women over (and she's usually not), I don't know what else she can do aside from get her 16 title reigns.

  8. #13408
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Not to sabotage a point for the thread, but Flair's purpose seems pretty stupid. Was it a one-week thing? What good was it to have him around if it was just one week? If he's around longer, are you just having him as a mouthpiece for Orton with a quasi-Evolution reunion? That seems weird because Orton has been more than fine on the mic. Then you've got Flair traveling more than he needs to during a pandemic. The only, literally, the only option I see for purpose is making it seem like he's got motive to be next to Orton only to have Orton punt the shit out of him too.

    As for the main point...I'd probably just demand better of the creative. Sure, Bianca and Shayna aren't in the pictures you've outlined, yet Lana and Natalya aren't in either and they're presumably setting something up. Whether it be together or apart, those two are going to be given TV time for something that's probably not amounting to much of anything of extreme value. That's so dumb when you have two talents who are really new to your main audience just there doing nothing. That just screams for creative to be better.
    I can agree with that first part.

    The second part I'm laughing at your track record of being the most impatient fan I think I've ever encountered in 35 years of watching wrestling. Lana is in a current angle with the guy going after the Universal title, right? Natalya seems to have some sort of old lion v. young cub angle literally brewing a few days ago....Give it some time lol. Or does every single angle have to start and end within the same segment for you? Serious question because I'm going to bust the fuck up laughing when Bianca shows up to confront Natalya or some other underutilized talent which is what this angle seems to be about.

    I have to assume it's not going to be for nothing but I'll wait and see before claiming "Better creative" and grasping at Lana and Natalya as examples to counter why Bianca and Shayna aren't being used at this moment. Better creative would be to not have Shayna come and bite the neck of Becky Lynch or bringing up Bianca to do the post Summerslam 88 pose ala Liz/Mega Powers with Street Profits.

  9. #13409
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,072
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    319965
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I can agree with that first part.

    The second part I'm laughing at your track record of being the most impatient fan I think I've ever encountered in 35 years of watching wrestling. Lana is in a current angle with the guy going after the Universal title, right? Natalya seems to have some sort of old lion v. young cub angle literally brewing a few days ago....Give it some time lol. Or does every single angle have to start and end within the same segment for you? Serious question because I'm going to bust the fuck up laughing when Bianca shows up to confront Natalya or some other underutilized talent which is what this angle seems to be about.

    I have to assume it's not going to be for nothing but I'll wait and see before claiming "Better creative" and grasping at Lana and Natalya as examples to counter why Bianca and Shayna aren't being used at this moment. Better creative would be to not have Shayna come and bite the neck of Becky Lynch or bringing up Bianca to do the post Summerslam 88 pose ala Liz/Mega Powers with Street Profits.
    Glad I gave you a chuckle. To answer your question about Lana, yes, she's involved in that story for the WWE (not Universal) title..but she's the least important person involved in that story, so I'm not really sure it amounts to much. She was just there to be a convenient out.

    The simple suggestion is apparent that they're willing to give time to Natalya and Lana. You wanted to tell a story that involves at least one, two, or more weeks off that. If you're going to hint or suggest that as a story, I want a good payoff to it or come up with a better story that actually uses two talents that have a better chance for longevity. I'd think that would do you good, both in the short and long term to have stories involving Shayna and Bianca (whether it be intertwined or separate) that create depth to their characters. It's even better if you can do that and it's not directly tied to a title because then you've got layers to a developing character when it comes time to get them in the title picture. Crews is probably a good example of someone who was able to make good on this and is now developing and gaining momentum.

    Why are you going to the well with Natalya and Lana as entry points to whatever story you're telling because we've essentially been told they don't matter in the big picture. If it's to be a vessel for a bigger story for other people, the story better be good. If it's not and it's just telling a story about Lana and Natalya, what the hell are we doing spinning our wheels on two characters that have clearly been established as people who have been around a while, done different types of stories, and haven't gained a lot of traction and are essentially pivot points?

    Bianca literally debuted, called out the tag champs, and has been gone since then. You're telling me you couldn't invest time to tell a story that had her providing context to who she is and why she feels like she's going to be the best in the division? She's essentially only be on Raw 2-3 times between Mania and now mid-June, so 2-3 times in nearly three months. Barring injury, that's not impatience, that's negligence.

  10. #13410
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    58,777
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    807844
    Welp Charlotte’s getting a title shot on Raw!

  11. #13411
    Arsenal 2 Liverpool 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    13,912
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    248783
    FFS. Can they actually push someone else?

    Two woman division right now, it isn't as if there aren't people with talent there. Charlotte is great but she has been so overexposed.

  12. #13412
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,799
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    548483
    I'm not too worried. "You've never beaten me" usually ends with that person being beaten. But Nia's probably getting involved for a non-finish leading to a triple threat at Extreme Rules if I had to guess.

  13. #13413
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Glad I gave you a chuckle. To answer your question about Lana, yes, she's involved in that story for the WWE (not Universal) title..but she's the least important person involved in that story, so I'm not really sure it amounts to much. She was just there to be a convenient out.

    The simple suggestion is apparent that they're willing to give time to Natalya and Lana. You wanted to tell a story that involves at least one, two, or more weeks off that. If you're going to hint or suggest that as a story, I want a good payoff to it or come up with a better story that actually uses two talents that have a better chance for longevity. I'd think that would do you good, both in the short and long term to have stories involving Shayna and Bianca (whether it be intertwined or separate) that create depth to their characters. It's even better if you can do that and it's not directly tied to a title because then you've got layers to a developing character when it comes time to get them in the title picture. Crews is probably a good example of someone who was able to make good on this and is now developing and gaining momentum.

    Why are you going to the well with Natalya and Lana as entry points to whatever story you're telling because we've essentially been told they don't matter in the big picture. If it's to be a vessel for a bigger story for other people, the story better be good. If it's not and it's just telling a story about Lana and Natalya, what the hell are we doing spinning our wheels on two characters that have clearly been established as people who have been around a while, done different types of stories, and haven't gained a lot of traction and are essentially pivot points?

    Bianca literally debuted, called out the tag champs, and has been gone since then. You're telling me you couldn't invest time to tell a story that had her providing context to who she is and why she feels like she's going to be the best in the division? She's essentially only be on Raw 2-3 times between Mania and now mid-June, so 2-3 times in nearly three months. Barring injury, that's not impatience, that's negligence.
    Oh my bad the WWE not the Universal lol, like it matters. lol Point being you're moving goal posts now to fit your argument. Oh well Lana's in one of the top 2 angles on Raw but she' the least important....And? Trust me I get what you're saying, I'm there too, but let's live in reality and not just move goal posts for no reason.

    Do we know if Bianca is hurt? Did she say, like Zayn and many others, naw I'm not going to work during this pandemic. I would be curious to know why she's not there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Welp Charlotte’s getting a title shot on Raw!
    SAME OL SHIT

    SAME OL SHIT

    And NEWWW Raw women's champion lol

  14. #13414
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,072
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    319965
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Oh my bad the WWE not the Universal lol, like it matters. lol Point being you're moving goal posts now to fit your argument. Oh well Lana's in one of the top 2 angles on Raw but she' the least important....And? Trust me I get what you're saying, I'm there too, but let's live in reality and not just move goal posts for no reason.

    Do we know if Bianca is hurt? Did she say, like Zayn and many others, naw I'm not going to work during this pandemic. I would be curious to know why she's not 59.33
    I don’t really see how I’m moving the goalposts. I’ve said they don’t matter in the grand scheme or they’ve already established a ceiling and you’ve got pieces who still can be something more significant but we can’t tell because they’re just collecting dust.

    I’m extremely curious why she hasn’t been involved, considering she was brought up right after Mania.

  15. #13415
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I don’t really see how I’m moving the goalposts. I’ve said they don’t matter in the grand scheme or they’ve already established a ceiling and you’ve got pieces who still can be something more significant but we can’t tell because they’re just collecting dust.

    I’m extremely curious why she hasn’t been involved, considering she was brought up right after Mania.
    Who don't they matter to? Apparently Lana matters to Vince or she wouldn't be in this storyline with the WWE title. And with Natalya, we literally have no idea where this is going and while I'm not always high on Nattie, if this turns into a vehicle to get a younger talent over I'm cool with that.

    I'm with you on Bianca. I think we're all pretty much thinking the same thing. They brought her up and for whatever reason they either didn't have a clear vision and just called her up (which seems to be the case more often than not over the last 20 years lol) or they had an idea and on paper it looked cool but then it didn't lol.

    That's one negative the WWE has had for many many years with developmental talent. Half the time they're just calling someone up for no rhyme or reason and that is why a lot of wrestlers have a tougher time nowadays IMO getting over, especially if they're not only unknown to the WWE audience but the wrestling audience in general. I think Bianca coming in with the Street Profits would be a perfect vehicle to introduce her but they needed to get the momentum going.

  16. #13416
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,072
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    319965
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Who don't they matter to? Apparently Lana matters to Vince or she wouldn't be in this storyline with the WWE title. And with Natalya, we literally have no idea where this is going and while I'm not always high on Nattie, if this turns into a vehicle to get a younger talent over I'm cool with that.

    I'm with you on Bianca. I think we're all pretty much thinking the same thing. They brought her up and for whatever reason they either didn't have a clear vision and just called her up (which seems to be the case more often than not over the last 20 years lol) or they had an idea and on paper it looked cool but then it didn't lol.

    That's one negative the WWE has had for many many years with developmental talent. Half the time they're just calling someone up for no rhyme or reason and that is why a lot of wrestlers have a tougher time nowadays IMO getting over, especially if they're not only unknown to the WWE audience but the wrestling audience in general. I think Bianca coming in with the Street Profits would be a perfect vehicle to introduce her but they needed to get the momentum going.
    Yes, it ultimately boils down to mattering to him but Lana and Natalya strike me as stepping up to bat for the likes of Mahal in any role, Corbin as a main eventer, or other types of situational items. If you overextend or overreach outside of their limitations based on what we've seen, it just strikes me as tired head, and that feels like a waste. Maybe I present my point in a weird way where I'm projecting forward but that's not my case. It's generally under the provision of stating based on what we've seen and projecting based off that. Sure, things can change and likely will change but I just try to anticipate.

    So based off their usage, just in any capacity, I feel like that's time wasted when you've got someone like Bianca just doing nothing. Could she flame out in similar fashion? Absolutely, but I'd like to, you know...find out lol. I'd really love to give them the benefit of the doubt of presuming that they had an idea and just dropped it. The connection with SP was beyond obvious so I'm glad they used that as an entry point but it's been cold since. So both of us definitely need an explanation for the disappearance. If it's injury-related, then the concern is quelled. If it's Covid-related, I guess I can see it but it's confusing since her husband is doing a lot of different things.

    The overall premise of utilization is drastically different when it comes to the main roster and NXT. It's a night and day difference.

  17. #13417
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181470
    I've been thinking about the team of Bayley and Sasha. They seem to be heading for a break up with one of them turning, but we've been down this road before and nothing came of it, so who knows. However, if they are indeed planting the seeds for them to finally have a main roster feud, I think they should reconsider. I'm of the opinion that they should never be broken up. They're just too perfect together. I'd much rather see them stay together as a Two Woman Power Trip of sorts and face new opponents. Just keep throwing new challengers in their way.

    It reminds me of situation with the Elite in AEW. They teased Adam Page turning heel, but then he got over big so they dropped it. Some speculated that maybe the Bucks would turn heel instead, but nada. This is a good example of not forcing a turn. When something works, just let it be. Bayley and Sasha work, so let them keep doing what they're doing. Vince loves to break up teams, so we'll see.

  18. #13418
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    364068
    Vince did agree to let the New Day stick together, and it has worked. At this point, the fans probably wouldn't buy it if they tried to have one member of the New Day turn on the others.

    Vince just did the breakup women angle with Mandy/Sonya, and it looks like they may be playing it again with Alexa Bliss/Nikki Cross soon.

    I'd love to see Sasha and Bayley stick together for a long while. Bayley has really stepped up these past few months.
    I wouldn't mind if Nikki Cross ditched Alexa Bliss to align herself with Bayley/Sasha, as we all expect the breakup to be Alexa turning heel. Then Nikki can suck up to both Bayley and Sasha for several weeks/months, but eventually have it lead to tension amongst the three of them, only to have Bayley/Sasha both turn on Nikki. This could keep Bayley/Sasha together until at lease next year's Mania.

  19. #13419
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I've been thinking about the team of Bayley and Sasha. They seem to be heading for a break up with one of them turning, but we've been down this road before and nothing came of it, so who knows. However, if they are indeed planting the seeds for them to finally have a main roster feud, I think they should reconsider. I'm of the opinion that they should never be broken up. They're just too perfect together. I'd much rather see them stay together as a Two Woman Power Trip of sorts and face new opponents. Just keep throwing new challengers in their way.

    It reminds me of situation with the Elite in AEW. They teased Adam Page turning heel, but then he got over big so they dropped it. Some speculated that maybe the Bucks would turn heel instead, but nada. This is a good example of not forcing a turn. When something works, just let it be. Bayley and Sasha work, so let them keep doing what they're doing. Vince loves to break up teams, so we'll see.
    It's hard to gauge a reaction like that in today's wrestling. More often than not, God forbid a company named WWE does something longer than a month but then the dumbest shit is expected to last 4-5 years. My faith in the wrestling community as a whole soured when so many fucking people were like, "Ted Diabse Jr should end the streak" To those fans, you ruined it for the rest of us.

    Seriously though....Sasha and Bayley have been on the same side for a while. Does it work? Yes, but is it the right move keeping them together let's say another year? No. Bayley doesn't exactly have anyone lined up but that could change. It's still early in their tag reign so who knows what the long term plan is. I would be shocked if they kept the titles longer than Summerslam, Survivor Series seems a bit long to hold up 2 divisions. At either time one of those titles are not going to be a focus.

    Bayley v. Sasha at next year's WrestleMania for the women's championship sounds awesome. The difficult question is who is the heel. Sasha imo is the better heel so you could have her win the title before Mania, ending the streak but in some weird way either in a triple threat or someone interferes and Sasha still makes the pin. Something to question the relationship. You have 2 of the elite wrestlers in a tag-team, they'll probably need to free them up and have them work with others but you never know. Look @ RVD and Sabu.

  20. #13420
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181470
    What will Liv come up with next?


  21. #13421
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,072
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    319965
    It’s not always clean, but she’s showing signs of being fairly innovative compared to what we usually see.

  22. #13422
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,187
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    64381
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    FFS. Can they actually push someone else?

    Two woman division right now, it isn't as if there aren't people with talent there. Charlotte is great but she has been so overexposed.
    Charlotte is on the bench for the foreseeable future. Hence the injury angle with Nia.

  23. #13423
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181470
    Charlotte's taking an extended break from WWE which is kind of weird considering how she hyped herself up as being so hardworking just last week. She's getting some elective surgery, but the recovery for that is only supposed to be 6 weeks. Charlotte will be out of action much longer and may not return until next year. I wonder what brought this on?

  24. #13424
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,799
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    548483
    I've got no major issue with Charlotte but it will be refreshing to have her out of the picture for a bit (awhile?). No Becky and no Charlotte will force them to shake up the top of the women's card a little bit which is hopefully going to mean some spotlight for some fresher faces.

  25. #13425
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,072
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    319965
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I've got no major issue with Charlotte but it will be refreshing to have her out of the picture for a bit (awhile?). No Becky and no Charlotte will force them to shake up the top of the women's card a little bit which is hopefully going to mean some spotlight for some fresher faces.
    That seems optimistic, but I imagine it's likely Sasha, Nia, Nattie as the "fresh" faces for Asuka or just TV time in general. They've got different options they can try, but I don't anticipate them take bigger chances. I would double down on that if Charlotte isn't out for very long.

  26. #13426
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    58,777
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    807844
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Charlotte's taking an extended break from WWE which is kind of weird considering how she hyped herself up as being so hardworking just last week. She's getting some elective surgery, but the recovery for that is only supposed to be 6 weeks. Charlotte will be out of action much longer and may not return until next year. I wonder what brought this on?
    Possibly just time away. She’s been non-stop most of the time. Also explains why they had Asuka beat her clean on Raw instead of saving it for PPV along with the injury angle.

    Opens up time for others though the thought of a possible Two Woman Power Trip for a while would be great. However gut says Asuka retains due to Bayley screwing up.

  27. #13427
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    10,187
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    199897
    Charlotte taking time off is great for her and also widens the playing field for the rest of the roster. Plus, she freaking deserves it.

  28. #13428
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    364068
    Even if she's gone for just a few weeks, she will be missed.

  29. #13429
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Even if she's gone for just a few weeks, she will be missed.
    She won't. We're bloated on Charlotte. No more room lol

  30. #13430
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    364068
    But she is so much better than the rest of the women, really, especially in the ring. She's the rare talent that can makes everyone she works with look better.

    Bayley is getting there. Sasha still looks like a little girl out there. But Charlotte seems to be able to get the best out of whomever she works with.

  31. #13431
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,799
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    548483
    I'm siding with 3pups to a degree. Charlotte is a star level talent and her absence will leave a void. But WWE's whole issue of not being able to make multiple top level stars is a whole other ball of wax. Part of the reason I give no shits about non-NXT WWE these days. PPV lineups look like a standard RAW episode. Hardly anyone feels special. Everything feels like a meaningless battle of midcarders. Charlotte's one of a handful of people (Becky, Roman, maybe Seth and Wyatt) who actually feel like they matter.

  32. #13432
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    But she is so much better than the rest of the women, really, especially in the ring. She's the rare talent that can makes everyone she works with look better.

    Bayley is getting there. Sasha still looks like a little girl out there. But Charlotte seems to be able to get the best out of whomever she works with.
    Plenty of great wrestlers have burned out the audience in the past. Even Shawn Michaels became stale.

    I guess you have to ask yourself this. Does it matter if she's constantly winning, always in the title picture, the same promo, etc. but having a great match? Obviously her departure is for medical reasons, surgery whatever. So I'm curious what the next move was going to be or if this was the plan all along. Get the NXT title off her, give Asuka the win, and take the rest of the year off.

    The truth is I would miss her and feel the void beyond her in-ring ability if her angles and character weren't the same thing over and over. In the same spot.

    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I'm siding with 3pups to a degree. Charlotte is a star level talent and her absence will leave a void. But WWE's whole issue of not being able to make multiple top level stars is a whole other ball of wax. Part of the reason I give no shits about non-NXT WWE these days. PPV lineups look like a standard RAW episode. Hardly anyone feels special. Everything feels like a meaningless battle of midcarders. Charlotte's one of a handful of people (Becky, Roman, maybe Seth and Wyatt) who actually feel like they matter.
    Well, is Charlottte Flair a star because the fans want her to be one, or is the booking? I'm sure if we took Ruby Riott and had her beat everyone, hold the title 9 times, never lose clean for 4-6 years straight.....But 2 weeks from now are people really going to say, man I wish we had Charlotte v. Nia Jax.

    I mean, when Austin left for his neck surgery several stars like Triple H and Mick Foley were able to step out of the shadow and the WWE saw like the best stretch in ratings ever.

  33. #13433
    Champion of the Sun
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,859
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13252
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    But she is so much better than the rest of the women, really, especially in the ring. She's the rare talent that can makes everyone she works with look better.

    Bayley is getting there. Sasha still looks like a little girl out there. But Charlotte seems to be able to get the best out of whomever she works with.
    Charlotte is truly incredible, and I'm thrilled you included Bayley as an awesome worker, too (I feel like half of the IWC shits on her...), but I'd honestly say at least Asuka and Io can out wrestle Charlotte. Asuka, especially the past 6 months or so, has basically proven you can give a kick ass promo in another language and if there is intention and emotion behind it, it doesn't matter if you completely understand it (as a professional opera singer, this has always been a no brainer to me). Also, big disagree on Sasha. She consistently gives people some of their better matches, Charlotte, Ronda, Asuka, Bayley, Becky to name a few. Even Bliss shines when she's in the ring with Sasha. And while I like her, I'm no Sasha mark.

  34. #13434
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,799
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    548483
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Well, is Charlottte Flair a star because the fans want her to be one, or is the booking? I'm sure if we took Ruby Riott and had her beat everyone, hold the title 9 times, never lose clean for 4-6 years straight.....But 2 weeks from now are people really going to say, man I wish we had Charlotte v. Nia Jax.

    I mean, when Austin left for his neck surgery several stars like Triple H and Mick Foley were able to step out of the shadow and the WWE saw like the best stretch in ratings ever.
    Obviously it's a bit of both. I think we all know the fans were clamoring and eager for the Four Horsewomen of NXT to get to the main roster and shine. The backlash against Flair, like the backlash against Rollins and others, always seems to be a byproduct of a supported superstar and the fans getting what they want but then getting too much of it, too hard, too long, and then they reject it.
    But yeah, at the same time, it's the booking, too, absolutely. WWE don't know how to make stars. It seems like all they know to do is over expose, over push, and over protect them and they do that at the expense of making everyone else look like losers. Look at Brock over the past few years and all the folks that got built up just to do the job. There's a handful of stars and everyone else is fodder for them. They don't know how to balance things out or how to make the losers come out looking better off despite it. Commitment to others always feels half-assed and rarely fully invested. A guy like Black or Ricochet seems like they might actually have plans and are polishing them up and then...just fizzles out and they get lost in the shuffle.
    Anyway, I'm rambling. But like I said, I'm seeing the positive of Charlotte and Becky's absence and am rooting for the Trips/Foley era of the women's scene. Let's get Liv and Ruby and others some time to shine and see what happens. Let's hope Asuka gets a good long reign and feels like she's securely in that top tier star category.

  35. #13435
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Obviously it's a bit of both. I think we all know the fans were clamoring and eager for the Four Horsewomen of NXT to get to the main roster and shine. The backlash against Flair, like the backlash against Rollins and others, always seems to be a byproduct of a supported superstar and the fans getting what they want but then getting too much of it, too hard, too long, and then they reject it. But yeah, at the same time, it's the booking, too, absolutely. WWE don't know how to make stars. It seems like all they know to do is over expose, over push, and over protect them and they do that at the expense of making everyone else look like losers. Look at Brock over the past few years and all the folks that got built up just to do the job. There's a handful of stars and everyone else is fodder for them. They don't know how to balance things out or how to make the losers come out looking better off despite it. Comitment to others always feels half-assed and rarely fully invested. A guy like Black or Ricochet seems like they might actually have plans and are polishing them up and then...just fizzles out and they get lost in the shuffle.
    Anyway, I'm rambling. But like I said, I'm seeing the positive of Charlotte and Becky's absence and am rooting for the Trips/Foley era of the women's scene. Let's get Liv and Ruby and others some time to shine and see what happens. Let's hope Asuka gets a good long reign and feels like she's securely in that top tier star category.
    No doubt man. The WWE are very guilty of not listening to fans saying "WHEN" or "ENOUGH" nope it just keeps pouring over lol. ORRRR they strip a character of everything that got them over and you're like, wait, why did they take away Del Rio's dog, his announcer, his cars, even his fuckin towel. And now look at his life....

    And I think Charlotte should be thankful she is a top tier in-ring wrestler because she is under the microscope even more than anyone else male or female by fans because of her dad, and how respected he is by Vince and Triple H and every other decision maker. So you can simply go online and see 9 million tweets and posts a day about she's only where she is because of her dad. Part of that is very true, the other part she delivered so you can't knock her too much.

  36. #13436
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    58,777
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    807844
    Would’ve been great if they just kept her on NXT. Easier schedule for her and helps get the talent over. Instead they had their cake and ate it having her on all brands.

  37. #13437
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Would’ve been great if they just kept her on NXT. Easier schedule for her and helps get the talent over. Instead they had their cake and ate it having her on all brands.
    That's another thing that really soured me on Charlotte recently. I was digging the idea of her being like Balor and helping out the roster down there even though they really didn't need her but it was still cool. Why? Because she had done everything that mattered for her character so NXT was a breath of fresh air if they didn't want her working the midcard with Ruby or Kairi or whoever that wasn't champ.

    Instead....3 brands. I'm sure some of us loved it and were missing her presence on Smackdown and Raw for a week lol. But not me.

  38. #13438
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,799
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    548483
    Yeah, I was pretty stoked at the idea of her working with a lot of the women in NXT. She even did a promo about it when she came in but then she just worked with three of them. I was really stoked about the idea of her ultimately losing the title to underdog/character clash Shotzi Blackheart.

  39. #13439
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    364068
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    Charlotte is truly incredible, and I'm thrilled you included Bayley as an awesome worker, too (I feel like half of the IWC shits on her...), but I'd honestly say at least Asuka and Io can out wrestle Charlotte. Asuka, especially the past 6 months or so, has basically proven you can give a kick ass promo in another language and if there is intention and emotion behind it, it doesn't matter if you completely understand it (as a professional opera singer, this has always been a no brainer to me). Also, big disagree on Sasha. She consistently gives people some of their better matches, Charlotte, Ronda, Asuka, Bayley, Becky to name a few. Even Bliss shines when she's in the ring with Sasha. And while I like her, I'm no Sasha mark.
    I should have included Asuka, as she has done everything right especially since the pandemic lockdown took them off the road. Asuka continues to have terrific matches, no matter who she's put up against.

    The reason I am putting Sasha a notch below Bayley is the simple fact that she looks terrible against opponents larger than she is. Both the IIconics made her look small this week. When she's been in the ring with Charlotte or Nia Jax, she looks as fragile as a Zelina Vega. Bayley seems to have finally overcome what Sasha still is stuck in - the whole concept of match flow. Sasha still suffers from spot-monkey-syndrome, and she's forever shimmying to get into place to take her opponents' move.

    While you noted that Sasha gives people like Charlotte, Ronda, Asuka, Bayley, Becky, and even Bliss, their better matches, I think every one of those listed are bringing out the best in Sasha. Show me a match where Sasha has looked better than her competition. Put her in with Nia, Tamina, IIconics, Lana, Ember, Ruby, Mandy, Nattie, Lacey, Carmella, etc. and she only looks as good as her competitors - looks like someone trying to remember to get spots in, instead of telling a story about a match. I concede that Sasha has her character's attitude down, she is decent on the mic, and she has been booked better than she deserves. Her offense usually looks terrible, and it is magnified against people who should not be selling for her.

  40. #13440
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,072
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    319965
    Where is Kairi Sane? Apparently according to Fightful, she could be transitioning to a non-wrestling role and at one point there was a plan to have her serve as “an ambassador for WWE in Japan.” One has to wonder if the injuries she's been dealing with over the last 6-8 months have kind of stalled her passion for the business. The report indicated that some in the company would like to see her continue wrestling. The fact that isn't a strong endorsement and pushing for her to come back isn't entirely full of enthusiasm that suggests she'll amount to a lot if she does come back. That's all a big bummer.

  41. #13441
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181470
    I read rumors months ago that she wasn't happy and planning to leave WWE. The new reports say her situation is "complicated" which can't be good. It's been a rough year for her, but it would be a real shame if she stopped wrestling. Kairi's so damn talented. I was hoping she'd eventually go back to Stardom. That would be huge for them.

  42. #13442
    Champion of the Sun
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,859
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13252
    The news about Kairi really hurts my heart. She's an absolute star, and while being the winner of the inaugural MYC, an NXT women's champ, and a women's tag champ is nothing to be sad about, she certainly hasn't been booked to her greatest potential. Like Asuka and Io, and I think Kairi is extremely versatile and can easily play a face or heel. Truly, I think she's a gold mine of babyface energy. Whatever happens with her, I wish her only the best.

  43. #13443
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    I know one thing -- If Kairi does retire from wrestling and move into an ambassador or representative role, Nia Jax is going to have some massive heat. Like liquid molten hot. Whether or not Kairi has to retire from active in-ring duty because of injuries, it doesn't look great for Nia being the last one to injure her right before she decides to hang the boots up.

  44. #13444
    Main Eventer Horatio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    I'm at Riddle tapped.
    Posts
    6,469
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    85957
    usa
    I never saw Kairi in NXT but I loved hearing the fans cheer her at TLC last year. She deserved getting turned

  45. #13445
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    I know one thing -- If Kairi does retire from wrestling and move into an ambassador or representative role, Nia Jax is going to have some massive heat. Like liquid molten hot. Whether or not Kairi has to retire from active in-ring duty because of injuries, it doesn't look great for Nia being the last one to injure her right before she decides to hang the boots up.
    You honestly think the WWE puts more value in Kairi Sane than they do Nia Jax? If Nia had any heat over injuries then she'd be released.

    They don't give a shit just like they didn't give a shit when Charlotte gave her a concussion at TLC or when Charlotte dusted that jobber with a spinning back elbow stiffer than Anderson Silva. They're probably like awesome, let's give her the Funaki role lol. INDEEEED

  46. #13446
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I read rumors months ago that she wasn't happy and planning to leave WWE. The new reports say her situation is "complicated" which can't be good. It's been a rough year for her, but it would be a real shame if she stopped wrestling. Kairi's so damn talented. I was hoping she'd eventually go back to Stardom. That would be huge for them.
    "Complicated" could mean many things. Keep in mind, she just got married to a guy she had a long distance relationship with and probably doesn't get to see him at all. It could be complicated in the sense that they don't know what direction to go with her and maybe she wants to do something that would mean she would be able to be with her husband, especially during this time.

    But the reality is all the reports are extremely vague. You and I within 5 minutes could come up with these rumors because they're all logical based on previous talent. Talk like "Maybe Kairi could be the Japanese spokesperson" turns into "Via Uncle Dave Kairi Sane is likely to either leave the WWE, become the Japanese spokesperson, wrestle, or maybe retire" lol.

  47. #13447
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,072
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    319965
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    "Complicated" could mean many things. Keep in mind, she just got married to a guy she had a long distance relationship with and probably doesn't get to see him at all. It could be complicated in the sense that they don't know what direction to go with her and maybe she wants to do something that would mean she would be able to be with her husband, especially during this time.

    But the reality is all the reports are extremely vague. You and I within 5 minutes could come up with these rumors because they're all logical based on previous talent. Talk like "Maybe Kairi could be the Japanese spokesperson" turns into "Via Uncle Dave Kairi Sane is likely to either leave the WWE, become the Japanese spokesperson, wrestle, or maybe retire" lol.
    FWIW, Meltzer wasn't the one who reported it. SRS of Fightful, who seems to be pretty dang efficient, reported it.

  48. #13448
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    You honestly think the WWE puts more value in Kairi Sane than they do Nia Jax? If Nia had any heat over injuries then she'd be released.

    They don't give a shit just like they didn't give a shit when Charlotte gave her a concussion at TLC or when Charlotte dusted that jobber with a spinning back elbow stiffer than Anderson Silva. They're probably like awesome, let's give her the Funaki role lol. INDEEEED

    I don't think Nia is going to catch any kind of heat from the office. But she's going to be the biggest heat magnet in the world for the girls. And sometimes, that's worse.

    The office can starve you. The other talent can stiff you or give you a receipt.

  49. #13449
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181470
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    "Complicated" could mean many things. Keep in mind, she just got married to a guy she had a long distance relationship with and probably doesn't get to see him at all. It could be complicated in the sense that they don't know what direction to go with her and maybe she wants to do something that would mean she would be able to be with her husband, especially during this time.

    But the reality is all the reports are extremely vague. You and I within 5 minutes could come up with these rumors because they're all logical based on previous talent. Talk like "Maybe Kairi could be the Japanese spokesperson" turns into "Via Uncle Dave Kairi Sane is likely to either leave the WWE, become the Japanese spokesperson, wrestle, or maybe retire" lol.
    Now the reports are that Kairi is returning to Japan to be with her husband and WWE are bringing her back on TV this month to write her out. Apparently, this has been in the works since May. Also, according to Uncle Dave, when her contract runs out, Kairi may wrestle for one more year in Japan before retiring.

    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...n-soon-672066/

  50. #13450
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    FWIW, Meltzer wasn't the one who reported it. SRS of Fightful, who seems to be pretty dang efficient, reported it.
    They're all Meltzer. Who would believe someone who has been claiming to be a surgeon yet never performed one? Kind of like the movie Kingpin where they use the term "Munson'd" SRS=Meltzer. The guy's DNA is all over their faces.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    I don't think Nia is going to catch any kind of heat from the office. But she's going to be the biggest heat magnet in the world for the girls. And sometimes, that's worse.

    The office can starve you. The other talent can stiff you or give you a receipt.
    And I'm sure Nia Jax welcomes a stiffer style because she's Samoan. You think Rikishi and Samu were like "Naw brah, lighten up on them stiff shots HBK!" Fuck no. This would be like The Big Show or Diesel giving a shit if Bret or whoever threw heavier shots. They can take it. She can take it.

    I don't see any girls stepping up and talking shit to Nia Jax so....The shit is overrated and hypocritical anyway. Countless times I mention about Charlotte doing just as much if not worse and it gets ignored or glossed over and we all know why. Appearance is still a major issue in wrestling, both men and women have this problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Now the reports are that Kairi is returning to Japan to be with her husband and WWE are bringing her back on TV this month to write her out. Apparently, this has been in the works since May. Also, according to Uncle Dave, when her contract runs out, Kairi may wrestle for one more year in Japan before retiring.

    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...n-soon-672066/
    Oh well I'm glad that Uncle Dave threw another obvious possibility out into the internet lol.

    I mean, did you even read what I posted that you quoted? I have zero inside knowledge, I literally just took pieces of her life and used every day logic to come up with basic possibilities. But who gets the credit? Dave Meltzer lol.

  51. #13451
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    10,187
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    199897
    I know you've built your tomb on this hill and that you believe track records aren't important, but Kairi's probably leaving because she knew she deserves better. After being jacked up in consecutive matches by the same person, who just coincidentally... is a terrible professional wrestler. Frankly, I don't blame her. WWE's treated her horribly after her NXT run, only seeing her as Asuka's jobber sidekick.

  52. #13452
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181470
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Oh well I'm glad that Uncle Dave threw another obvious possibility out into the internet lol.

    I mean, did you even read what I posted that you quoted? I have zero inside knowledge, I literally just took pieces of her life and used every day logic to come up with basic possibilities. But who gets the credit? Dave Meltzer lol.
    That's the way it goes. Meltzer is still the face of smarky insiders so he gets all the accolades. The little people never get the credit they deserve.

  53. #13453
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    18,433
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    227232
    usa
    Fucking Nia

  54. #13454
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    58,777
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    807844
    It’s especially frustrating because WWE being spoilt for choice for women is an understatement and country miles better than AEW yet there’s very little upward mobility on that glass ceiling since this “revolution” started.

    The women on top are great no doubt but there’s little movement on others who are also great.

  55. #13455
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I know you've built your tomb on this hill and that you believe track records aren't important, but Kairi's probably leaving because she knew she deserves better. After being jacked up in consecutive matches by the same person, who just coincidentally... is a terrible professional wrestler. Frankly, I don't blame her. WWE's treated her horribly after her NXT run, only seeing her as Asuka's jobber sidekick.
    "Track record derp derp me VHS me speak in youtube links and gifs"

    Cry me a river. The fact is Charlotte has hurt more women than Nia Jax and the only reason Charlotte gets a pass over Nia isn't because of skill level but because of looks. If Nia Jax was Alexa Bliss, another botch monkey who's hurt 3-4 different women including Naomi, nobody would cry.

    This isn't me disagreeing with anything being said about Nia. Being graceful isn't exactly in Samoan DNA when it comes to beating ass. It's me wanting to see the time and energy put into calling out other women who are just as reckless but for some reason get a pass. Fun fact: Not a single person from WWE including Kairi Sane have spoken out about any injury or leaving or anything....so....

  56. #13456
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    "Track record derp derp me VHS me speak in youtube links and gifs"

    Cry me a river. The fact is Charlotte has hurt more women than Nia Jax and the only reason Charlotte gets a pass over Nia isn't because of skill level but because of looks. If Nia Jax was Alexa Bliss, another botch monkey who's hurt 3-4 different women including Naomi, nobody would cry.

    This isn't me disagreeing with anything being said about Nia. Being graceful isn't exactly in Samoan DNA when it comes to beating ass. It's me wanting to see the time and energy put into calling out other women who are just as reckless but for some reason get a pass. Fun fact: Not a single person from WWE including Kairi Sane have spoken out about any injury or leaving or anything....so....
    The difference between Nia Jaxx botching shit and hurting someone and somebody like Alexa Bliss or Charlotte doing it, is, holy shit Nia Jax is about 150 pounds heavier and hugely stronger and bigger than any of the other girls.

    When Nia botches something its usually going to be a power move or something much more physical. Because they trust her to do that sort of thing to the other women, because, by all appearances, she should be able to. And then she buckle-bombs Kairi Sane into sweet oblivion or she whips Kairi into the steps so hard the steps hurt afterward.

    Yeah, Charlotte womanhandled Kairi when she was concussed, but mistakes like that happen in wrestling. There were two other women in that match, a referee, and people watching in the back -- all who should've realized what was going on. Especially when Kairi looked like a marionette with her strings cut for a few minutes.

    I mean, neither is very forgivable. But Nia Jax, by far, has the worst track record for just incidental and bad botches in wrestling. Charlotte wrestling the unconscious corpse of Kairi Sane wasn't good -- but they got her through it and got her out of there. Nia Jax couldn't keep her safe on one move.

    Also, who did Alexa Bliss ever manage to hurt? That's the first I've heard of it.

  57. #13457
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    58,777
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    807844
    Vince is apparently not a fan of Baszler’s style and has pulled the plug on her yet we still have Nia. Joy.

  58. #13458
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    The difference between Nia Jaxx botching shit and hurting someone and somebody like Alexa Bliss or Charlotte doing it, is, holy shit Nia Jax is about 150 pounds heavier and hugely stronger and bigger than any of the other girls.

    When Nia botches something its usually going to be a power move or something much more physical. Because they trust her to do that sort of thing to the other women, because, by all appearances, she should be able to. And then she buckle-bombs Kairi Sane into sweet oblivion or she whips Kairi into the steps so hard the steps hurt afterward.

    Yeah, Charlotte womanhandled Kairi when she was concussed, but mistakes like that happen in wrestling. There were two other women in that match, a referee, and people watching in the back -- all who should've realized what was going on. Especially when Kairi looked like a marionette with her strings cut for a few minutes.

    I mean, neither is very forgivable. But Nia Jax, by far, has the worst track record for just incidental and bad botches in wrestling. Charlotte wrestling the unconscious corpse of Kairi Sane wasn't good -- but they got her through it and got her out of there. Nia Jax couldn't keep her safe on one move.

    Also, who did Alexa Bliss ever manage to hurt? That's the first I've heard of it.
    Alexa Bliss injured Naomi.

    I'll still go back to the same night Jax "hurt" Kairi with the buckle bomb Charlotte stiffed Deonna with a back elbow that could have killed her. But again, we focus on Nia because "She's bigger" Yet what's Charlotte? Weight wise sure, but Seth Rollins has hurt more people than Big Show so idk maybe I'm just not seeing the favoritism.

  59. #13459
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    364068
    You are seeing the difference, ND, even though it seems you're implying that the piling on NIa is simply racism.

    The difference between Charlotte/Rollins injuring people, vs. Nia doing so, is because of who they are, and their history of having great matches in the ring. Nia is not a great wrestler, by any stretch of the imagination. She is a unique talent, but she ain't in their league.

    I cannot recall a Nia match ever getting a "This is Awesome!" chant from a real crowd. If she has, she's way behind the likes of Charlotte or Rollins.

  60. #13460
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,799
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    548483
    Didn't Bliss injure Ember Moon?

  61. #13461
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181470
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Vince is apparently not a fan of Baszler’s style and has pulled the plug on her yet we still have Nia. Joy.
    Even if Vince doesn't like Baszler, she should have beaten Becky at 'Mania so Asuka could Cash In. I know Becky giving Asuka the belt was a feel good moment, but I think it's more satisfying to see the Cash In. Shayna could have lost the title it at the very next RAW. I've still yet to hear whether WWE knew Becky was trying to get pregnant.

    And speaking of Nia injuring people, she's basically the female Mabel. He broke Undertakers face and she broke Becky's.

  62. #13462
    Champion of the Sun
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,859
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13252
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    "Track record derp derp me VHS me speak in youtube links and gifs"

    Cry me a river. The fact is Charlotte has hurt more women than Nia Jax and the only reason Charlotte gets a pass over Nia isn't because of skill level but because of looks. If Nia Jax was Alexa Bliss, another botch monkey who's hurt 3-4 different women including Naomi, nobody would cry.

    This isn't me disagreeing with anything being said about Nia. Being graceful isn't exactly in Samoan DNA when it comes to beating ass. It's me wanting to see the time and energy put into calling out other women who are just as reckless but for some reason get a pass. Fun fact: Not a single person from WWE including Kairi Sane have spoken out about any injury or leaving or anything....so....
    I don't know where you've been, but the internet was all over Charlotte's ass regarding her shitty treatment to Kairi, in addition to her stiffing the hell out of Kayden with a back elbow. Bliss was called out for Ember Moon, too. Ronda was called out for concussions to Bliss. And Sasha is still dragged to hell over Paige. Dana got called out when her senton took Sasha out for a few weeks. The women are called out when they are reckless or injure someone. Nia gets called out more because Nia tends to injure people more.

  63. #13463
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    I don't know where you've been, but the internet was all over Charlotte's ass regarding her shitty treatment to Kairi, in addition to her stiffing the hell out of Kayden with a back elbow. Bliss was called out for Ember Moon, too. Ronda was called out for concussions to Bliss. And Sasha is still dragged to hell over Paige. Dana got called out when her senton took Sasha out for a few weeks. The women are called out when they are reckless or injure someone. Nia gets called out more because Nia tends to injure people more.
    I've been here all day buddy

    Those incidents get glossed over, some didn't even realize Bliss had hurt people (Moon, Naomi, Mickie James several times).

  64. #13464
    75% Insane Rip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Self Isolating
    Posts
    21,347
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    254835
    Bit harsh to say some didn’t realise Bliss had injured people, you could say some didn’t realise Nia had such an iffy track record.

    Personally I quite like Nia but she’s got to be one of the names the talent doesn’t relish drawing.

  65. #13465
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip View Post
    Bit harsh to say some didn’t realise Bliss had injured people, you could say some didn’t realise Nia had such an iffy track record.

    Personally I quite like Nia but she’s got to be one of the names the talent doesn’t relish drawing.
    Of all the things people are saying that's what you want to speak on? Ok Rip.

    I'm sure talent didn't like Vader either but we're not talking about Mabel or Seth Rollins.

  66. #13466
    Champion of the Sun
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,859
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13252
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I've been here all day buddy

    Those incidents get glossed over, some didn't even realize Bliss had hurt people (Moon, Naomi, Mickie James several times).
    Many of Charlotte's have definitely been glossed over (not the Kairi/table spot, though) but many others have not. People were calling for Brie Bella's retirement when she knocked out Liv. And Ronda received a massive amount of heat when she concussed Bliss, not once but twice. And you're kidding me about, Sasha, right? To this day, people are still dragging her for breaking Alexa's nose back in NXT and for being involved in that dumb spot that injured Paige.

    I agree (and I've said this before) it does seem like Nia's incidents gets brought up more often. It doesn't help (or does it?) that WWE is kind of leaning into the "Nia is a monster and will injure you" angle. I'm just saying I don't think other people's injury moment's are being forgotten about (except for maybe Charlotte's), it's just that Nia's seem to be the freshest in everyone's mind.

    Also, Kairi is the internet's precious dear Kabuki baby, and we riot if anyone hurts her, obvi.

  67. #13467
    Legend Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    58,777
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    807844
    They think Nia being dangerous and playing up on it is getting good heat but it’s more like Corbin/X-Pac fuck off heat.

  68. #13468
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    Many of Charlotte's have definitely been glossed over (not the Kairi/table spot, though) but many others have not. People were calling for Brie Bella's retirement when she knocked out Liv. And Ronda received a massive amount of heat when she concussed Bliss, not once but twice. And you're kidding me about, Sasha, right? To this day, people are still dragging her for breaking Alexa's nose back in NXT and for being involved in that dumb spot that injured Paige.

    I agree (and I've said this before) it does seem like Nia's incidents gets brought up more often. It doesn't help (or does it?) that WWE is kind of leaning into the "Nia is a monster and will injure you" angle. I'm just saying I don't think other people's injury moment's are being forgotten about (except for maybe Charlotte's), it's just that Nia's seem to be the freshest in everyone's mind.

    Also, Kairi is the internet's precious dear Kabuki baby, and we riot if anyone hurts her, obvi.
    Rona received heat from guess who? Nia Jax. Has anyone ever came out and said "This was due to Nia Jax" that actually works in the company or has some realistic relationship with the company? Or are we just that blind thinking we know so much there's no way we could be fooled-type mentality that we're witnessing moves happen and the result the way they were intended?



    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    They think Nia being dangerous and playing up on it is getting good heat but it’s more like Corbin/X-Pac fuck off heat.
    X-Pac Heat was a myth. You either loved him or hated him, it was actually Albert that nobody cared about!

  69. #13469
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    364068
    It is NOT simply a matter of loving or hating a character, because that assumes we still care enough to want to watch whatever that character does.

    If the reaction a character is getting is "Not this wrestler again, getting pushed far more than they deserve" it turns the audience away. If we don't get to cheer or boo, but instead we just groan, we're not being entertained. We're bored.

    I think when it comes to Corbin, he was close to getting X-Pac heat, but they've deliberately started calling him the most hated man in the WWE today, to try to change our perception from boredom to hatred. And the classic heel tactics like using his scepter is helping him enormously.

    If they want Nia to really be a heel, I don't get why they haven't had her adopt a heel move like not breaking a hold at the 5 count on a choke hold, or put her feet on the corner during a pin attempt. She is big and strong and clearly doesn't need to cheat to win, but if she did, it would give her character something needed - the appearance that she cares about either winning the match, or hurting her opponent. She cannot seem to convey that based on her promos nor her in-ring work so far, and it is hurting her storytelling.

  70. #13470
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181470
    What Nia really needs is a manager. She's got no personality to speak of so a mouth piece would help tremendously. And yet they're wasting Lana on some kind of alliance with Nattie who doesn't need help in that department.

  71. #13471
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    What Nia really needs is a manager. She's got no personality to speak of so a mouth piece would help tremendously. And yet they're wasting Lana on some kind of alliance with Nattie who doesn't need help in that department.
    Because Lana has only ever worked in one role which for a good year or 2 I tried telling people here and around the world if she ever did anything other than the heel Russian gimmick with Rusev it would flop. Literally everything she has done since has sucked.

    Based on what I've seen of her outside of WWE, her real personality doesn't really transfer to wrestling. Being fun to hang out with and someone you can talk about life with doesn't exactly transition into wrestling. And I wasn't really digging Nia Jax as a babyface but honestly, there was at least substance. She could pull from how people look at her and judge, that whole storyline with Alexa Bliss, a little cheesedick but it was alright.

    She's kind of like Bam Bam, on his own, not bad. Much better with a group or manager.

  72. #13472
    Main Eventer
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,072
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    319965
    From PWI:


  73. #13473
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    3,051
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    364068
    I liked Kairi, but I hope that perhaps if she returns, she will have benefitted from some home cooking and maybe she puts on a few pounds of muscle. She always looked a bit on the scrawny side to me.

    She is very talented, she sells really well, and her kicks/punches look legit against most of the rest of the roster, aside from Nia.

  74. #13474
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181470
    Cultaholic said something similar the other week. Glad that all the speculation is finally over. I thought Kairi would get a title match with Asuka as a send off, but after Extreme Rules that's definitely not happening.

  75. #13475
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    I don't blame her. I'm sure it's impossible to build a new marriage or even a relationship when one is in Japan and the other in the US. And due to everything going on you can't do much about it. It says a lot about Kairi, willing to give up this part of her career. With that said, her journey in wrestling is probably not over and I fully expect her to kick some ass in Japan again.

  76. #13476
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,799
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    548483
    If she's leaving amicably, I really hope we see her return down the line. She's terrific.

  77. #13477
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    18,433
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    227232
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    If she's leaving amicably, I really hope we see her return down the line. She's terrific.
    Another talent that WWE really missed the boat on.

    I think she still has MASSIVE potential as a top babyface

  78. #13478
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,799
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    548483
    I completely agree.

  79. #13479
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,992
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Kairi Sane is


  80. #13480
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Kairi Sane is

    lol.

    Who knows....The truth is we have to respect the reality that the WWE, as global as they are, the homebase is the US and that's why despite having the most diverse roster in the business, they don't have a lot of long-distance fighters. Very few Japanese fighters, not just because of the language barrier but who the fuck wants to live in the US when you can live in Japan and wrestle?

  81. #13481
    Main Eventer Sasori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Daniel Bryan's Dreams just kicked you in the balls!
    Posts
    9,681
    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    181470
    Are they really going to leave it like that with Kairi? Give her a win over Bayley and then have her disappear? I wonder if they'll shoot an injury angle and throw it up on YouTube.

  82. #13482
    god's perfect boy mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Sask., Sask.
    Posts
    58,799
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    548483
    Shayna will likely take her out next week to write her off and move Shayna into a feud with Asuka for the title for SummerSlam.

  83. #13483
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    35,929
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    787784
    Dying to see Shayna v. Asuka. I think that's a hard hitting match that we definitely need to see before it's too late. What we see in EC was just a small taste.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •