Results 13,101 to 13,200 of 13686

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    What's so weird is that Liv was actually drafted (iirc she made it into the very last round). However she has yet to appear on Smackdown. Meanwhile, Mandy and Sonya weren't drafted, but have been featured on a regular basis
    I think you mean Raw, not SD, right?

But yes, I’d like Liv to make an appearance at some point.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Between the poison mist and Asuka beating girls with a straight kick to the dome lately, you can feel the Paul Heyman influence on her. She’s like a female Tajiri with a crazy, smaller Tajiri, who’s also a pirate, as her partner.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    I think you mean Raw, not SD, right?

But yes, I’d like Liv to make an appearance at some point.
    Whoops, lol. Liv being on RAW is perfect for my plan to add her to the OC. I just have to get AJ and the Good Bros. to respond to my tweets

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liv doing anything would be nice.

Yeah yeah she cant wrestle well. But that doesnt stop other women from getting camera time and they arent charisma on a stick like Liv is.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's vital that Dana Brook is on tv as much as possible. The very fate of the WWE Universe depends on it! Everyone else be damned!!!
    Last edited by Sasori; November 15th, 2019 at 12:45 AM.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Liv doing anything would be nice.

Yeah yeah she cant wrestle well. But that doesnt stop other women from getting camera time and they arent charisma on a stick like Liv is.
    The thing with Liv is she isn't horrible in the ring. She can take some wicked bumps and actually is fairly decent on the mic. I'm hoping that she's been training extra hard since she disappeared from TV, because I feel like there is a lot of potential there. I think.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    They should bring back Riot Squad when Ruby gets healthy and destroy Becky.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's vital that Dana Brook is on tv as much as possible. The very fate of the WWE Universe depends on it! Everyone else be damned!!!
    Dana looked her best, possible the best match she ever has been in, in her tag match with the Sassy Southern Belle on SD! last week. She is finally getting comfortable in the ring.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dana Brooke is going to be another Alicia Fox. Under contract for years, never doing anything of worth, and a small % wondering why nobody cares what she does and a larger % wondering how she's still under contract.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Dana Brooke is going to be another Alicia Fox. Under contract for years, never doing anything of worth, and a small % wondering why nobody cares what she does and a larger % wondering how she's still under contract.
    Dana's Twitter interactions with Batista already exceeds Alicia Fox's value for worth (which is just one of the best Northern Lights suplexes).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Dana's Twitter interactions with Batista already exceeds Alicia Fox's value for worth (which is just one of the best Northern Lights suplexes).
    lol

Very true. Poor Alicia Fox....They tried to do one of those "art imitating life/life imitating art" gimmicks with her and it really backfired hardcore.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This man speaks the truth, however spelling her name correctly would be appreciated next time.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to wonder now if we're not giving Smackdown enough credit for pushing the women's division. They've got Carmella on a winning streak, pushing Lacey as a face with an underling who is trying to develop in Dana, Mandy is in a story with Otis. For a two-hour show, that does feel like a lot. I think they should get credit for that but it's not really effective so it's not fully endorsable.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to wonder now if we're not giving Smackdown enough credit for pushing the women's division. They've got Carmella on a winning streak, pushing Lacey as a face with an underling who is trying to develop in Dana, Mandy is in a story with Otis. For a two-hour show, that does feel like a lot. I think they should get credit for that but it's not really effective so it's not fully endorsable.
    That's the kicker. They're doing weird shit. They're pushing natural heels as babyfaces for one. Those 4 women you just mentioned have proven their worth as heels more than babyfaces. Lacey, jury is out, but that gimmick itself screams heel and she wasn't exactly getting positive responses from the audience so the turn is odd.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carmella's someone that's in need of a crutch because while she beat Mandy, the crowd didn't seem to care one bit.

But while I feel like Lacey's face run started off rocky, I think involving her daughter really really helped kickstart some life into it. If they show how Lacey has a heart of gold, but still a total bitch on the outside then she could really be something. I don't know what was going on w/ her main roster debut because her work was atrocious, but she's seemed to have found her footing pretty well.

Don't know where they're going w/ the Mandy/Otis stuff. I think they're doing it for laughs because they think it'd funny how a fat ugly oaf would go after some hottie that's out of his league.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're pushing them, but I still don't care. Lacey is boring as a face and Carmella is only interesting when she's with Truth. My interest in Fire and Desire has diminished since they've been on a losing streak and are doing nothing of note. The renewed angle between Mandy and Otis could be fun, but it seems like creative doesn't have any other ideas for them. Even Bayley and Sasha aren't particularly exciting. Yes, Smackdown deserves credit for pushing their Women's Division, but there isn't a hot or compelling storyline involving any of them. Just by the numbers booking.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    This man speaks the truth, however spelling her name correctly would be appreciated next time.
    My sincerest apologies. Don't tell Batista!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Carmella's someone that's in need of a crutch because while she beat Mandy, the crowd didn't seem to care one bit.

But while I feel like Lacey's face run started off rocky, I think involving her daughter really really helped kickstart some life into it.

Don't know where they're going w/ the Mandy/Otis stuff. I think they're doing it for laughs because they think it'd funny how a fat ugly oaf would go after some hottie that's out of his league.
    The crutch is a really good point. She was really seeing new life with Truth and has just kind of been there in the corner without him.

It's taking time because you've basically insulted the intelligence of the audience by not giving a reason as to why you're supposed to support the person who was a blatant heel since being on the main roster. Was it because she wrestled in Saudi Arabia? Why did she suddenly turn?

The film and television industry has made a killing on those types of stories, so it's a story that has legs. It's just a matter of what they want to do with it for the finish line. It has interesting components to it because Mandy is someone they likely have extremely high hopes for and she's competent. She's still relatively early in her development so the arrow is still point up. Otis is someone who clearly can thrive in a PG-centered WWE so using this as a direct entry point to make him more of a regular is smart, too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carmella is definitely someone who needs someone to play off of. Enzo, James Ellsworth, R-Truth....When she's on her own it's for one rare, but also pretty shitty. What's her purpose? Her gimmick of being the absolute worst on the roster but having Ellsworth help her win was probably the right path. She just superkicks and moonwalks, wow.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to keep reminding myself that Carmella is a two time MITB Winner and former Women's Champion. It wasn't believable for someone like her to beat Sonya. Then I remembered all the stuff I just mentioned and was like, oh yeah, in Kayfabe Carmella's way above Sonya, so of course she's going to win.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to keep reminding myself that Carmella is a two time MITB Winner and former Women's Champion. It wasn't believable for someone like her to beat Sonya. Then I remembered all the stuff I just mentioned and was like, oh yeah, in Kayfabe Carmella's way above Sonya, so of course she's going to win.
    And all of her accolades have James Ellsworth's stench on them. Honestly Carmella hasn't really been doing shit since 2018 so for her to beat Sonya or really anyone I'm in shock.

And I'm sure we'll get some people going "Well Carmella, Dana Brooke, etc. they're great for autograph signings and school appearances" The fuck they are. Imagine back in 1990, I'm 9 years old, and I hear a couple WWF superstars are coming to our school. WWE's mentality today in mind, we'd be getting Paul Roma and Haku.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know about you, but I'd mark the fuck out if Haku came to my school, back in 1991

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I struggled to find talent that would be the equivalent of Titus and Carmella showing up as guest speakers back in 1990. Shit even Haku is on the level of Seth Rollins.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'd probably get Koko B. Ware and the Warlord. At least the macaw would be cool.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'd get High Energy Koko B Ware and Repo Man.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Warlord was bad ass, with his max and staff thing. I love big muscles though.

Nash, Jim Powers and Damien Demento may be a better choice

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Repo Man>>>Titus, Carmella, and Dana.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carmella is definitely someone who needs someone to play off of. Enzo, James Ellsworth, R-Truth....When she's on her own it's for one rare, but also pretty shitty. What's her purpose? Her gimmick of being the absolute worst on the roster but having Ellsworth help her win was probably the right path. She just superkicks and moonwalks, wow.
    I agree with you to a point, here. She is better when she has someone to play off of. But I think she did pretty well in singles helping to get a heel Lacey Evans over as a newcomer, especially when we consider she was only given a couple of very short matches. She connects with a crowd better than most of the women on the roster and its not like her matches are Brie Bella bad. I think she's approaching Nattie's level in the ring - which may never be the best, but is pretty good, generally capable of a solid match but we are just as likely to get a cringe moment/blown spot. Carmella is already better on the mic than Nattie.

I don't know where the Mandy/Otis stuff is going, but it is already better than any of the Lana/Lashley stuff.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Mandy/Otis could eventually go the way of Tori/Kane with Ziggler as X-Pac.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I agree with you to a point, here. She is better when she has someone to play off of. But I think she did pretty well in singles helping to get a heel Lacey Evans over as a newcomer, especially when we consider she was only given a couple of very short matches. She connects with a crowd better than most of the women on the roster and its not like her matches are Brie Bella bad. I think she's approaching Nattie's level in the ring - which may never be the best, but is pretty good, generally capable of a solid match but we are just as likely to get a cringe moment/blown spot. Carmella is already better on the mic than Nattie.

I don't know where the Mandy/Otis stuff is going, but it is already better than any of the Lana/Lashley stuff.
    So Bret Hart considers Natalya the best female wrestler in WWE. Nepotism sure, but it's almost universal that Natalya is one of the best in the ring in WWE by fans and peers. I don't know if I would say Carmella is even close to being as good as Steve-O from Jackass.

If you're a fan of Carmella, then the positives shine much brighter than someone like me who is not a fan.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post

Probably because it's way scaled back compared to the Lana/Lashley stuff. It gives Mandy and Otis something to do, but shouldn't be dominating tv time.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not buying Becky's motivation for challenging Asuka. She won the Rumble, main evented 'Mania, held both the RAW and Smackdown Women's titles, and beat the baddest woman on the planet to do it, yet she's losing sleep because she never beat Asuka? If Becky had gone the route of "I had an incredible 2019. I've accomplished just about everything there is to do in this business. But there's one thing I still haven't done, and that's beat Asuka." Instead, she's been going on about the company protecting her, not wanting to take the easy way out, and practically risking her career for this match. All this over the woman who was embarrassed by Carmella and lost to Charlotte twice? I get that Becky needs an opponent, but this is too melodramatic.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not buying Becky's motivation for challenging Asuka. She won the Rumble, main evented 'Mania, held both the RAW and Smackdown Women's titles, and beat the baddest woman on the planet to do it, yet she's losing sleep because she never beat Asuka? If Becky had gone the route of "I had an incredible 2019. I've accomplished just about everything there is to do in this business. But there's one thing I still haven't done, and that's beat Asuka." Instead, she's been going on about the company protecting her, not wanting to take the easy way out, and practically risking her career for this match. All this over the woman who was embarrassed by Carmella and lost to Charlotte twice? I get that Becky needs an opponent, but this is too melodramatic.
    It sounds like it would make more sense if they kept Asuka strong.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mercedes Martinez has signed with WWE. Seemed like that was kind of an inevitability, even thought she showed up on an AEW PPV. She's pretty damn good.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mercedes Martinez has signed with WWE. Seemed like that was kind of an inevitability, even thought she showed up on an AEW PPV. She's pretty damn good.
    Literally my only gripe about her is I hate her entrance. Her, Mia Yim, and Kay Lee Ray all do the same weird swaying side to side pose. Must be either an inside nod to each other or just a weird pose indie chicks do. Outside of that, pretty good wrestler. I can't speak on anything else as I've never seen her outside of the MYC.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah. Only seen her in the MYC but she impressed the hell out of me there and seems like a badass.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a way she reminds me of Cyborg Santos just in terms of looks head to toe. I know she's been in the game FOREVER. She's like the equivalent of Kevin Steen or El Generico finally signing to the WWE after 15 years of working everywhere else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She looks like Booker T's light skinned sister.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s Jazzy Gabert up to these days? She really impressed me during the MYC. Shame she didn’t get picked up.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's been in NXT UK since May...

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    She's been in NXT UK since May...

Man I feel silly. Forgive my ignorance but not watched NXT UK properly in months. Drifted off my radar like 205 Live.

Definitely gonna watch the NXT UK show this weekend though.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing against NXT UK, but just low on the priorities. Hell not until NXT this week did I realise Gallus were tag champs.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jazzy Gabert is the "Death By Snu-Snu" chick that was working as muscle for Jinny. She had a little mini-feud with the fat chick from NXT: UK.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    Jazzy Gabert is the "Death By Snu-Snu" chick that was working as muscle for Jinny. She had a little mini-feud with the fat chick from NXT: UK.
    Is that... Piper by any chance?

She's a hell of an athlete actually, and I fully expect her to show up at the RR!

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The fat chick, fuck me

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    The fat chick, fuck me
    This gave me a hearty hearty laugh.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fuck off. She is stunning and brave.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that was just me being kind of a dick. Piper is great.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all, that triple threat between KLR, Toni, and Piper was awesome. Check it out if you can!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Y'all, that triple threat between KLR, Toni, and Piper was awesome. Check it out if you can!
    I thought it was good. Reminded me of the Dunne-Killian-Priest triple threat at the last NXT Takeover.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... when did the front page comments get so fuckin toxic and troll infested? I don't post there, but holy hell, it is a vile rabbit hole to go down.

Y'all in here = the fucking best. Have a swell night <3

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I am very grateful those folks don't seem to find their way here.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any predictions on who's going to win the women's rumble? People have been throwing out names for the men, but I haven't seen any on the women's side yet. There's no clear favorite. I wonder if they'll just go ahead and have Charlotte win? Or will we get a surprise entry from Shayna Baszler who wins it and challenges Becky?

So... when did the front page comments get so fuckin toxic and troll infested? I don't post there, but holy hell, it is a vile rabbit hole to go down.

Y'all in here = the fucking best. Have a swell night <3
    They're like YouTube comments. It only seems like a few people post, so at least they keep it to a minimum.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any predictions on who's going to win the women's rumble? People have been throwing out names for the men, but I haven't seen any on the women's side yet. There's no clear favorite. I wonder if they'll just go ahead and have Charlotte win? Or will we get a surprise entry from Shayna Baszler who wins it and challenges Becky?
    Baszler

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, bad news @Badger but Jazzy Gabert's apparently done and gone.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a bummer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was some potential there for Jazzy. I was always intrigued by her, going back to when she was Alpha Female. I think I saw her first in a PWI magazine, then she did some sporadic appearances for TNA, even dabbled in some MMA.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Oh man, loved Jazzy. And it took her so long to finally get a deal too.

Guessing it's health related?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Oh man, loved Jazzy. And it took her so long to finally get a deal too.

Guessing it's health related?
    Not sure. Could be. I think she had a pretty serious neck surgery not that long ago.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I remember it was health/injury related as to why she wasn't signed up after whichever Mae Young Classic event she was in.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumor mill is saying her contract simply wasn't renewed. I guess she was in a car accident that kept her off the York tapings.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping Becky drops the belt soon. She's in danger of becoming too predictable in her matches. I have no problem keeping her in the chase/picture, but I'd like to see some more surprises for her run.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I'm hoping Becky drops the belt soon. She's in danger of becoming too predictable in her matches. I have no problem keeping her in the chase/picture, but I'd like to see some more surprises for her run.
    Too predictable as in we know she's going to win or her move set?

I think long reigning champions that don't have depth to work with can become a little stale at times.

I also don't like when people lose just to have them lose as a way to "mix things up". You don't have to lose to have diversity in your reign and that's what I like about this feud with Asuka. She did lose a year ago, tapped out by Asuka. And she's struggled to get any momentum whether that's in tag-team matches or non-wrestling segments.

And then the unknown of what's next after Asuka. Rumble will tell us a lot. If Charlotte wins....I don't know if I'm ready for another round of Becky v. Charlotte as it's been almost non-stop for several years. But there's not a lot of interesting combatants at the moment on the main roster.

A returning Nia Jax? Maybe. The return of Ronda Rousey would be huge especially if they built toward a singles match and not some 4 Horsewomen shit or a triple threat again. Shayna Bazler....I don't know how high I am on her v. Becky as a big program going into WrestleMania even as a "revenge for Ronda" storyline.

It's one of those "we'll have to wait and see how it pans out" type things.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damnit!

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too predictable as in we know she's going to win or her move set?

I think long reigning champions that don't have depth to work with can become a little stale at times.

I also don't like when people lose just to have them lose as a way to "mix things up". You don't have to lose to have diversity in your reign and that's what I like about this feud with Asuka. She did lose a year ago, tapped out by Asuka. And she's struggled to get any momentum whether that's in tag-team matches or non-wrestling segments.

And then the unknown of what's next after Asuka. Rumble will tell us a lot. If Charlotte wins....I don't know if I'm ready for another round of Becky v. Charlotte as it's been almost non-stop for several years. But there's not a lot of interesting combatants at the moment on the main roster.

A returning Nia Jax? Maybe. The return of Ronda Rousey would be huge especially if they built toward a singles match and not some 4 Horsewomen shit or a triple threat again. Shayna Bazler....I don't know how high I am on her v. Becky as a big program going into WrestleMania even as a "revenge for Ronda" storyline.

It's one of those "we'll have to wait and see how it pans out" type things.

Little of both. Becky's great on the mic, but I think her overall schtick with character and moveset works better in the challenger role. Which is hardly unique, or meant as a harsh criticism. I also think we're expecting Becky to win out at this point.

I agree about not shaking up for the point of shaking up. But stagnancy can set in as well. She did lose to Asuka a year ago, but has largely been in the driver's seat since. The current feeling of Becky doubting herself with Asuka doesn't vibe for me. Yes, she did lose to her last year. She's lost a lot before this year. It just doesn't seem to me that there's enough there for her current level of "self-doubt". Now, if Asuka secured a win, I think there's something there. I also think properly booked this feud can carry.

I'm ready for separation from Becky and Charlotte. I'm a no on Nia.

Shayna and her stable could present a legit challenge for Becky. They could book it right. Shayna can talk about revenge, and also getting Ronda back. Shayna plays a true heel. Could be a good contrast for Becky.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Said it elsewhere but Asuka winning at the Rumble and Becky having to re-evaluate herself, win the Chamber, and then get her title back at Mania would be a pretty solid story.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Little of both. Becky's great on the mic, but I think her overall schtick with character and moveset works better in the challenger role. Which is hardly unique, or meant as a harsh criticism. I also think we're expecting Becky to win out at this point.

I agree about not shaking up for the point of shaking up. But stagnancy can set in as well. She did lose to Asuka a year ago, but has largely been in the driver's seat since. The current feeling of Becky doubting herself with Asuka doesn't vibe for me. Yes, she did lose to her last year. She's lost a lot before this year. It just doesn't seem to me that there's enough there for her current level of "self-doubt". Now, if Asuka secured a win, I think there's something there. I also think properly booked this feud can carry.

Shayna and her stable could present a legit challenge for Becky. They could book it right. Shayna can talk about revenge, and also getting Ronda back. Shayna plays a true heel. Could be a good contrast for Becky.
    Well she's also failed to beat Asuka in the tag-team matches as well so she can't even beat Asuka when she has help. So I like the idea that everyone has fallen to the Man except Asuka, and Becky still can't figure out how to get the W. That's a refreshing story that we don't encounter very often. The last time was probably Cena v. Punk or maybe even earlier with The Rock v. Austin.

Said it elsewhere but Asuka winning at the Rumble and Becky having to re-evaluate herself, win the Chamber, and then get her title back at Mania would be a pretty solid story.
    It pains me to say this as Asuka is my absolute favorite wrestler in all of wrestling today....But her winning the title at this point would feel lackluster simply because she's been almost exclusive to tag-team wrestling. Plus she's the tag champ. Who doesn't wrestle outside of Raw even though they can go to all 3 brands. I would like your idea if it were someone that was a straight up heel, like Nia Jax returned, beat Becky, and then Becky won it back at Mania.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Becky is stale or predictable. The division is the problem. Baszler is desperately needed for Raw. That show is making good progress but there's nothing upon the horizon to sink your teeth into with the women's division after the Rumble. The sit-down promo Becky and Shayna had backstage leading up to Survivor Series was great, so they have potential to make that a strong program. Do it like Black/Murphy: very little interactions but an understanding they're going to cross paths but as they do that, the two of them are wrecking the opposition and getting squash wins along the way.

As for Asuka, I think the company needs to commit to the Kabuki Warriors and the tag division in earnest after the Rumble, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know what's going on with the IIconics??

According to ProFight Database neither have wrestled since November. It appears Peyton Royce is in Australia at the moment (according to Instagram). Is one of them injured? Pregnant? Or is there somehow no way to fit them onto Raw??

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tag team wins for Asuka don't really add much for me. Not saying everyone should feel this way. Given the nature of booking and Asuka and Becky's overall w/l, its hard for me to have their fairly short history (one win i'd call convincing) and some tag team stuff cause someone who's character is bad-ass to enter a high-level of self-doubt. Now, if Asuka wins the belt or wins strong (even in a way that doesn't transfer titles), my opinion would change. It could be good, if some tension is added to it.

The scenario mth describes would be strong. Right now, it feels like Becky's had a lot of time with easy to predict outcomes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said in my earlier post, Becky's on top of the world and we're supposed to believe she's losing sleep over her loss to Asuka a year ago. If this angle has been layed out and built better, I could buy into it, but not like this. I also remember Becky complaining about being relegated to the Tag Division when she's the one who accepted Charlotte's offer to compete for the Tag titles. Doesn't really add up. Feels more like she has a chip on her shoulder and is never satisfied and always finds something to complain about.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky's argument lost steam for me when she tried to flip it and say Asuka was the scared or concerned one. Asuka hasn't done anything out of the norm since this feud started so the message Becky was trying to portray didn't add up.

Like I said in my earlier post, Becky's on top of the world and we're supposed to believe she's losing sleep over her loss to Asuka a year ago. If this angle has been layed out and built better, I could buy into it, but not like this. I also remember Becky complaining about being relegated to the Tag Division when she's the one who accepted Charlotte's offer to compete for the Tag titles. Doesn't really add up. Feels more like she has a chip on her shoulder and is never satisfied and always finds something to complain about.
    I would say a large amount of elite or highly-competitive people have that characteristic.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I want to know how exactly has Becky changed the business.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She was the first ever-red haired champ. Beyond that, she became the face of the company.

If you trace the biggest names/icons in the company, you'll see a pattern.

Hogan
    Austin
    Rock
    Cena

Now look at some people they tried to get there, but failed:
    Warrior
    HBK
    Reigns

You can see that people who are flamboyant about their amount of hair never reach the apex. Cena knew this, and adjusted his hair accordingly.

Becky has hit a level above the also-rans, and she not only has lots of hair-ITS RED. She's already paved the way, but if she can continue at this level for another 2-3 years, she will eclipse the combined hair/popularity ratio of the biggest stars of all-time.
    Last edited by Mazer; January 21st, 2020 at 7:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Becky's argument lost steam for me when she tried to flip it and say Asuka was the scared or concerned one. Asuka hasn't done anything out of the norm since this feud started so the message Becky was trying to portray didn't add up.

I would say a large amount of elite or highly-competitive people have that characteristic.
    Agreed. Asuka's beaten Becky pretty decisively. She has nothing to prove and hasn't been ducking Becky.

While it's true highly competitive people can be like that, there are those that see things positively. It's like how people see a glass half full or half empty. I remember when Tiger Woods and Roger Federer did a commercial a long time ago. The difference between the two was that Tiger said "I hate to lose" while Roger said "I love to win". It's similar when you look at Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. DB considered himself a success when he was wrestling in the bingo halls because he was doing what he loved. CM Punk wasn't happy unless he was in the main event. If Becky had come from a more positive direction and simply said she's accomplished everything there is in this business except one thing, it would have worked better for me. She challenges Asuka to another match so she can truly says she's done it all.

I want to know how exactly has Becky changed the business.
    She was the first female Colonel. Making history and breaking down barriers everywhere.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Additionally Becky was the first to utilize eyeglasses and goggles, acting as the WWE's most OSHA compliant spokesperson in history-paving the way for Linda McMahon's appointment to Donald Trump's cabinet.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good thing. If she was satisfied she should retire.

Agreed. Asuka's beaten Becky pretty decisively. She has nothing to prove and hasn't been ducking Becky.

While it's true highly competitive people can be like that, there are those that see things positively. It's like how people see a glass half full or half empty. I remember when Tiger Woods and Roger Federer did a commercial a long time ago. The difference between the two was that Tiger said "I hate to lose" while Roger said "I love to win". It's similar when you look at Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. DB considered himself a success when he was wrestling in the bingo halls because he was doing what he loved. CM Punk wasn't happy unless he was in the main event. If Becky had come from a more positive direction and simply said she's accomplished everything there is in this business except one thing, it would have worked better for me. She challenges Asuka to another match so she can truly says she's done it all.

She was the first female Colonel. Making history and breaking down barriers everywhere.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what happened. She talked about how amazing 2019 was for her, except for the loss to Asuka that's been eating away at her. She said something like I might be the champion but Asuka is the best in the world, something along those lines.

I'm digging it. This dominant champion isn't so dominant when she was tapped out a year ago by someone she hasn't faced one on one since. She wants that win back, and it's against arguably the best female wrestler in the WWE right now.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good thing. If she was satisfied she should retire.

I'm pretty sure this is exactly what happened. She talked about how amazing 2019 was for her, except for the loss to Asuka that's been eating away at her. She said something like I might be the champion but Asuka is the best in the world, something along those lines.

I'm digging it. This dominant champion isn't so dominant when she was tapped out a year ago by someone she hasn't faced one on one since. She wants that win back, and it's against arguably the best female wrestler in the WWE right now.
    Completely agree with ya here.

I'm honestly torn on the outcome. I'd love Asuka to win, become the second "Grand Slam Champ," and have Becky go into chase mode for a while. But then that pretty much means Kairi/Kabuki Warriors play valet until Asuka loses the Raw belt, and the women's tag division is already fragile as it is, I don't know if they can stand to lose yet another tag team. That would leave the division with... Cross/Bliss, Fire and Desire, and the IIconics, none of whom are actively attempting to get the belts back at the moment.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Completely agree with ya here.

I'm honestly torn on the outcome. I'd love Asuka to win, become the second "Grand Slam Champ," and have Becky go into chase mode for a while. But then that pretty much means Kairi/Kabuki Warriors play valet until Asuka loses the Raw belt, and the women's tag division is already fragile as it is, I don't know if they can stand to lose yet another tag team. That would leave the division with... Cross/Bliss, Fire and Desire, and the IIconics, none of whom are actively attempting to get the belts back at the moment.
    And what happened to defending the belts across all brands? It's booking decisions like this that make me laugh hard at people who don't think the WWE sabotage their own product, including people in the WWE like Prichard (great guy) who will say "Why would we invest money into something just to ruin it?" Who knows, they've been doing it for decades. Like the guy who convinced Vince a plumber would get over.

I'm torn as well. I love Asuka, I love the idea of her being the 2nd grandslam AND the first woman to hold the tag-team and "world" title at the same time. But like you said, there are a couple negatives. If she does win, I'd like to believe that her and Becky won't touch until Mania. I'm going to predict that if Ronda doesn't win the Rumble, that whoever does will challenge the Smackdown champion and then Ronda will come back and challenge Becky at Mania. Becky goes over Asuka and we're set for the match we should've had last year instead of the triple threat.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty easy to me what should happen but it's a matter of effort: put Becky over and commit to the women's tag division. As I said initially, Becky isn't stale but the division is. Baszler and the threat of Rousey still looming is what can carry that division on Raw for at least half a year. There's plenty of meat on the bone there with those three women so it can be something that people want to see. As for Asuka, the Kabuki Warriors can be a hell of a team if they invest in making the matches matter. As long as she's healthy and wants to stay in WWE, her time will still be there for her to be at the top. Becky is still hot enough to be at the top.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's pretty easy to me what should happen but it's a matter of effort: put Becky over and commit to the women's tag division. As I said initially, Becky isn't stale but the division is. Baszler and the threat of Rousey still looming is what can carry that division on Raw for at least half a year. There's plenty of meat on the bone there with those three women so it can be something that people want to see. As for Asuka, the Kabuki Warriors can be a hell of a team if they invest in making the matches matter. As long as she's healthy and wants to stay in WWE, her time will still be there for her to be at the top. Becky is still hot enough to be at the top.
    Agree with all of this. Becky gets the W over the one she's never defeated, moves on to the winner of the Rumble OR as we've thrown out there a returning Ronda or even Shayna Bazler. I'm not as high on Shayna as others, not sure why she was champ for so long in NXT and I don't know if Vince can be convinced to put much effort into a 40 year old woman that looks like Baron Corbin, doesn't have a good promo, and is OK at best in the ring.

So yeah I just took a shit on her, sorry lol.

I kind of like the idea of Nia Jax as a filler feud. They never really got to bank on that star making incident, Becky owes a lot to that stiff punch from Nia lol. If Nia came back and won the Rumble then challenged Becky, that's a WWE storyline that dates back to the era of Bruno. Big monster v super over babyface champion, couldn't write that shit any better.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with all of this. Becky gets the W over the one she's never defeated, moves on to the winner of the Rumble OR as we've thrown out there a returning Ronda or even Shayna Bazler. I'm not as high on Shayna as others, not sure why she was champ for so long in NXT and I don't know if Vince can be convinced to put much effort into a 40 year old woman that looks like Baron Corbin, doesn't have a good promo, and is OK at best in the ring.

So yeah I just took a shit on her, sorry lol.

I kind of like the idea of Nia Jax as a filler feud. They never really got to bank on that star making incident, Becky owes a lot to that stiff punch from Nia lol. If Nia came back and won the Rumble then challenged Becky, that's a WWE storyline that dates back to the era of Bruno. Big monster v super over babyface champion, couldn't write that shit any better.
    Corbin is 35 and all over Smackdown so it doesn’t sound like it’s that much of a stretch lol.

Nia could be interesting but that could die a slow death verbally, mainly on her account.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At some point, it needs to be more than filler feud.

Lacey was a filler feud.

If Becky goes over Asuka (which seems very likely), and the moves on - it was a feud with some tag team matches and one match. Different people might be more into the narrative than me, but its hard to see it as much more than a filler.

The Evans feud had zero memorable matches. I hope (and expect) a good match on Sunday.

Going from that to Nia-who I don't like the match chemistry with, and nobody expects to go over in the feud-seems like a lot more filler.

At some point she has to go against someone who has a credible shot to take the belt off her. I'd love for that to be Asuka, but don't currently see it. Maybe that can be revisited later.

Side note: I hope she doesn't beat Asuka clean. Take a cue from Piper and Hogan, and create a narrative where even in victory, the face can't pin the heel.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corbin is 35 and all over Smackdown so it doesn’t sound like it’s that much of a stretch lol.

Nia could be interesting but that could die a slow death verbally, mainly on her account.
    Yeah and look how pushing that dork at the top has helped Raw and Smackdown the last 2 years.....Worst ratings in company history and they lost half their audience after the 1st ep on Fox because everyone saw King Caillou as a top guy again and they said FUCK THIS SHIT and put on Sneaky Pete.

Fuck verbals. You could count on 1 hand how many people in the WWE over the last 10 years have mattered on the mic. We don't need much out of either of them, the history writes itself and shit Becky's been carrying this entire feud with Asuka on the mic and it's awesome. Why? Because the history between them is the real driving factor, not how many times Beck can repeat herself over and over in 20 minutes.

At some point, it needs to be more than filler feud.

Lacey was a filler feud.

If Becky goes over Asuka (which seems very likely), and the moves on - it was a feud with some tag team matches and one match. Different people might be more into the narrative than me, but its hard to see it as much more than a filler.

The Evans feud had zero memorable matches. I hope (and expect) a good match on Sunday.

Going from that to Nia-who I don't like the match chemistry with, and nobody expects to go over in the feud-seems like a lot more filler.

At some point she has to go against someone who has a credible shot to take the belt off her. I'd love for that to be Asuka, but don't currently see it. Maybe that can be revisited later.

Side note: I hope she doesn't beat Asuka clean. Take a cue from Piper and Hogan, and create a narrative where even in victory, the face can't pin the heel.
    It's hard when she has only been once in the last year (She=Becky) in a random match on Raw against Kairi to really implement any kind of doubt she's going to lose. Outside of "Eventually she's going to have to lose" And honestly, there's nobody RIGHT NOW that's built up enough on NXT or the main roster that anyone will be 100% satisfied with.

I'd love it to be Asuka but like you I don't see it happening.

And filler can be good. I'm not asking for Dana Brooke or Carmella to get a random feud with Becky just for shits and giggles. With my idea for Nia Jax, the 2nd part isn't really filler, to have her win the Rumble then go on to challenge Becky for the title at Mania. And even if it was just her returning after Rumble, attacking Becky, and doing a match at the Feb ppv, there's a lot of story there between the 2 and they haven't really touched in the ring since then right? So I don't know if there's chemistry or not because honestly some people have great chemistry and produce a dud, like that Seth Rollins/Dean Ambrose IC title match a year ago.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah and look how pushing that dork at the top has helped Raw and Smackdown the last 2 years.....Worst ratings in company history and they lost half their audience after the 1st ep on Fox because everyone saw King Caillou as a top guy again and they said FUCK THIS SHIT and put on Sneaky Pete.

Fuck verbals. You could count on 1 hand how many people in the WWE over the last 10 years have mattered on the mic. We don't need much out of either of them, the history writes itself and shit Becky's been carrying this entire feud with Asuka on the mic and it's awesome. Why? Because the history between them is the real driving factor, not how many times Beck can repeat herself over and over in 20 minutes.
    You brought up convincing Vince though with Corbin as a comparison (loosely or not). One way or another he was already convinced with Corbin and that's linking him with the bigger prized possession Vince is fond of (Reigns). If that's the case, that probably would work with Becky, too.

You can say Becky has been carrying things on the mic with Asuka but I'm still interested in what Asuka says because she speaks with more conviction and passion than most of the people on that roster, regardless of gender or language. I'll be pleasantly surprised if my assessment about Nia and the mic component is wrong. I'm also presuming that bit about one hand and mattering on the mic is hyperbole.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; January 22nd, 2020 at 5:50 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You brought up convincing Vince though with Corbin as a comparison (loosely or not). One way or another he was already convinced with Corbin and that's linking him with the bigger prized possession Vince is fond of (Reigns). If that's the case, that probably would work with Becky, too.

You can say Becky has been carrying things on the mic with Asuka but I'm still interested in what Asuka says because she speaks with more conviction and passion than most of the people on that roster, regardless of gender or language. I'll be pleasantly surprised if my assessment about Nia and the mic component is wrong.
    Yes, I brought up Vince through comparing her to Corbin in terms of LOOKS. I also pointed she's 40, how many women are wrestling for Vince that are 40? I also pointed out she has a weak promo, and is ok @ best in the ring.

So what has Asuka been saying or is that just based on liking the sound of angry Japanese women? I dig it, but if you're saying that you'd be fine with Nia Jax speaking Samoan all pissed off but having no clue what's being said.....then maybe we need to get that to Vince asap.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I brought up Vince through comparing her to Corbin in terms of LOOKS. I also pointed she's 40, how many women are wrestling for Vince that are 40? I also pointed out she has a weak promo, and is ok @ best in the ring.

So what has Asuka been saying or is that just based on liking the sound of angry Japanese women? I dig it, but if you're saying that you'd be fine with Nia Jax speaking Samoan all pissed off but having no clue what's being said.....then maybe we need to get that to Vince asap.
    So if she's (almost) 40, why would you wait? You'd do it now while you still can. The promo she's had in NXT have improved from where she started, the promo she had with Becky prior to Survivor Series was good, and I think her style in the ring would be a good contrast to Becky.

They're just playing into a lazy stereotype with Asuka lol so it is the latter but unless Nia has had a radical transformation, she's regularly speaking English and hasn't come across as anything better than average.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if she's (almost) 40, why would you wait? You'd do it now while you still can. The promo she's had in NXT have improved from where she started, the promo she had with Becky prior to Survivor Series was good, and I think her style in the ring would be a good contrast to Becky.

They're just playing into a lazy stereotype with Asuka lol so it is the latter but unless Nia has had a radical transformation, she's regularly speaking English and hasn't come across as anything better than average.
    Who said anything about waiting? If anything Vince would just rush this shit to get to Ronda. They already had their little thing back in November and that was cool in terms of NXT v. WWE and being on the 2 main shows. But they could have put Rhea Ripley in that spot or Io or Bianca and I would have been 100x more excited. It's all personal preference but I still don't see Shayna as someone who will be getting anything significant that isn't related to Ronda Rousey on the main roster. If she's smart, she'll stay in NXT forever.

Becky Lynch was barely better than average on the mic until she apparently was part of some wrestling science experiment where now she can actually cut a good promo. And I'm not a big on everyone needs to be good on the mic. Nia Jax as a heel, who gives a shit if she's good on the mic? She's a monster of a woman. Again, the history sells itself. What is there to talk about that needs to be mind blowing?

"I broke your face, made you famous, now I"m here for the title" If she can get those words out in some form we're good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who said anything about waiting? If anything Vince would just rush this shit to get to Ronda. They already had their little thing back in November and that was cool in terms of NXT v. WWE and being on the 2 main shows. But they could have put Rhea Ripley in that spot or Io or Bianca and I would have been 100x more excited. It's all personal preference but I still don't see Shayna as someone who will be getting anything significant that isn't related to Ronda Rousey on the main roster. If she's smart, she'll stay in NXT forever.

Becky Lynch was barely better than average on the mic until she apparently was part of some wrestling science experiment where now she can actually cut a good promo. And I'm not a big on everyone needs to be good on the mic. Nia Jax as a heel, who gives a shit if she's good on the mic? She's a monster of a woman. Again, the history sells itself. What is there to talk about that needs to be mind blowing?

"I broke your face, made you famous, now I"m here for the title" If she can get those words out in some form we're good.
    I think the thing that sticks out for me over the course of this with Nia is you listed six women over the course of the immediate discussion (Asuka, Shayna, Ronda, Io, Rhea, and Bianca) and all of them are more interesting to me for a feud with Becky over her.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems we fundamentally feel different about Nia Jax. Fair enough. While I find it unlikely to be even average, I could be wrong, or I could end up being in the minority. Your scenario is a solid option, in a world where you use Nia.

I just don't see where its a viable threat to Becky.

At some point, we get into "Super Cena" territory. I don't know what we call her then. "Beat'em all Becky"? "Lucky Lynch"? Its difficult to come up with a good one, so I prefer to avoid the whole scenario.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems we fundamentally feel different about Nia Jax. Fair enough. While I find it unlikely to be even average, I could be wrong, or I could end up being in the minority. Your scenario is a solid option, in a world where you use Nia.

I just don't see where its a viable threat to Becky.

At some point, we get into "Super Cena" territory. I don't know what we call her then. "Beat'em all Becky"? "Lucky Lynch"? Its difficult to come up with a good one, so I prefer to avoid the whole scenario.
    I'll add Burly Becky.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300lbs of Nia Jax who has only tasted defeat by a handful of the top tier women in WWE and she's not a threat to Becky?

Again, we're talking about someone who has been defeated in the last year technically twice. Asuka at the Rumble, and Sane a few months back on a random Raw. So anyone coming in against her is going to look like they're "not a threat" in terms of "Is Becky really going to lose to her?" And that goes back to I believe BG saying that's more of a knock on the booking of the entire division.

I'm shocked Lana hasn't won the title from her tbh.

Fuck.......

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300lbs of Nia Jax who has only tasted defeat by a handful of the top tier women in WWE and she's not a threat to Becky?

Again, we're talking about someone who has been defeated in the last year technically twice. Asuka at the Rumble, and Sane a few months back on a random Raw. So anyone coming in against her is going to look like they're "not a threat" in terms of "Is Becky really going to lose to her?" And that goes back to I believe BG saying that's more of a knock on the booking of the entire division.

Fuck.......
    Thanks for speaking that into existence.

*vomits*

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unrelated:
    Kacy Catanzaro was interviewed for the WWE's Youtube and she commented on her return. She talked about the time off being due to uncertainty of wrestling actually being something to she wanted to continue as her new path for the foreseeable future. So she took the time to collect her thoughts and decide if this is what she ultimately wanted to pursue. She decided staying was the right decision and she's excited to see what she can do with that firmly as her mindset (to be in the business).

I think that's a pretty smart approach. It's also very honest, too. I can get the logic because it's certainly not a walk in the park to be in that business, especially if not's something you originally had as your childhood dream.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck.......

Nia's size has very little to do with seeing her as a threat. I also don't see Mojo Rawley going over DB in a feud. Despite their size difference. Its all about nobody actually believes the Man is going to have setback vs. the opponent.

Your comment on the division is spot-on. Which goes back to my original post on this. At some point, its wise to have Becky lose the belt. If Asuka were to win, then all her comments are validated. And if Becky overcomes it later it means something. And it shows a willingness to do something different. It then makes your other competitors a tad more realistic.

Lana is the 4th most probable person to unseat Becky as champ.

- - - Updated - - -

We really need a prop bets competition to wager on things like this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia's size has very little to do with seeing her as a threat. I also don't see Mojo Rawley going over DB in a feud. Despite their size difference. Its all about nobody actually believes the Man is going to have setback vs. the opponent.

Your comment on the division is spot-on. Which goes back to my original post on this. At some point, its wise to have Becky lose the belt. If Asuka were to win, then all her comments are validated. And if Becky overcomes it later it means something. And it shows a willingness to do something different. It then makes your other competitors a tad more realistic.

Lana is the 4th most probable person to unseat Becky as champ.

- - - Updated - - -

We really need a prop bets competition to wager on things like this.
    Nia Jax has beaten all the top women for the most part and a former Women's champion. If Mojo Rawley had a bunch of top tier wins on his resume and the World title or even just the IC or US, I'd say it was possible considering Daniel Bryan did the job to fucking Buddy Murphy.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia Jax has beaten all the top women for the most part and a former Women's champion. If Mojo Rawley had a bunch of top tier wins on his resume and the World title or even just the IC or US, I'd say it was possible considering Daniel Bryan did the job to fucking Buddy Murphy.
    DB may not have been the best comp. He puts over whoever.

Most of what you said also applies to Jinder Mahal. I don't see him going over top guys in 2020. You put it out well when you talked about the state of the division. Becky is in a different sphere than most of the previous women's champs. As dominant as Alexa was booked during her run, Becky is, from a storyline and company investment standpoint in a different place than she was. I don't see Nia as the person who goes over in that feud, even for a significant portion. The Umage/Cena feud might be a decent example of how a Nia/UberBecky feud might work better than average (understanding that its imperfect-Nia has a previous title run). I actually liked some moments, but I never had much drama in thinking John was actually going down. I see Nia more as a later run Big Show, she comes in, we pretend size means that she might go over (and she is believable from a physical standpoint), and then she moves back down. She's still got time, maybe I'll be wrong.

I don't mean to make this a referendum on anyone's Nia fandom or history. Absolutely-Anything is possible. I do view a sustained run needing a threat to move more from incidental possibility to probability. My main point is that Becky needs to have something to legitimately overcome, and have periods of "chasing" something that is difficult to obtain. That's part of why I hope she doesn't beat Asuka clean or in a traditional manner. My view is that if the potential it only exists in a SuperCena-like possibility of shock and really doesn't move into intrigue or "how are they going to get XXX through this" it starts to wear.

I'd prefer to see more parallels from SCSA and Rocky runs than Hogan and Cena. Becky should face real loss at certain points, and work towards those pay-offs.

I'd like the option of that coming from Asuka. Seems unlikely to me. I don't think Nia will be the person to do it, but if I'm wrong great. Right now, best option seems to Baszler.

Or if Ronda returns, I'm all in for that.

As long as we don't get the Lana/Lashley 2 person power trip.

Given Becky's character,

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DB may not have been the best comp. He puts over whoever.

Most of what you said also applies to Jinder Mahal. I don't see him going over top guys in 2020. You put it out well when you talked about the state of the division. Becky is in a different sphere than most of the previous women's champs. As dominant as Alexa was booked during her run, Becky is, from a storyline and company investment standpoint in a different place than she was. I don't see Nia as the person who goes over in that feud, even for a significant portion. The Umage/Cena feud might be a decent example of how a Nia/UberBecky feud might work better than average (understanding that its imperfect-Nia has a previous title run). I actually liked some moments, but I never had much drama in thinking John was actually going down. I see Nia more as a later run Big Show, she comes in, we pretend size means that she might go over (and she is believable from a physical standpoint), and then she moves back down. She's still got time, maybe I'll be wrong.

I don't mean to make this a referendum on anyone's Nia fandom or history. Absolutely-Anything is possible. I do view a sustained run needing a threat to move more from incidental possibility to probability. My main point is that Becky needs to have something to legitimately overcome, and have periods of "chasing" something that is difficult to obtain. That's part of why I hope she doesn't beat Asuka clean or in a traditional manner. My view is that if the potential it only exists in a SuperCena-like possibility of shock and really doesn't move into intrigue or "how are they going to get XXX through this" it starts to wear.

I'd prefer to see more parallels from SCSA and Rocky runs than Hogan and Cena. Becky should face real loss at certain points, and work towards those pay-offs.

I'd like the option of that coming from Asuka. Seems unlikely to me. I don't think Nia will be the person to do it, but if I'm wrong great. Right now, best option seems to Baszler.

Or if Ronda returns, I'm all in for that.

As long as we don't get the Lana/Lashley 2 person power trip.

Given Becky's character,
    Stone Cold tended to lose matches that made no sense though. Why did he have to drop the title for a day to Kane of all people? And he's another guy who rarely lost. RARELY during his peak run did this guy lose. And those who stepped up, most of us probably didn't believe it was going to be their night against Austin lol.

And I agree though...She should face real loss and adversity but wasn't that pretty much her role up until Nia broke her face? I'm telling you. The story is there, the match would be decent, and IMO there is a real unpredictability about them going at it because:

A-Becky's been champion forever. B-Nia has the look of someone who should be able to wax Becky into oblivion. C-The journey of Becky regaining her belt from someone she has that kind of history with on top of being 3x her size, that's compelling to me. Even if I'm not high on Nia Jax's promo ability or her gear, it's a formula that has and will work.

Even if going in you think "oh Becky isn't losing this one" to me it's more realistic in the pro wrestling world than pretty much any other option.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are really complaining about Austin losing the title to Kane? That first blood match where he lost was awesome including the next night where he won it back. One of my favorite attitude era memories

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bit more upset Austin won it back so quickly but it was an awesome time.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit more upset Austin won it back so quickly but it was an awesome time.
    The crowd was so electric when he won it back. kane was built up as a monster so when Austin hit the stunner the place went nuts. you don't see what shit on raw anymore