Page 122 of 137 FirstFirst ... 112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 12,101 to 12,200 of 13686

Thread: WWE Womens Wrestling Discussion

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    But what real feuds exist outside of Ronda on Raw? Sasha and Bayler could easily have a more distinct secondary feud by now.

They've lost the B feud (Riott Squad). You could make an argument that they're being further buried by the Bellas being back.

As a bonus, you would have an argument that is solid in alliteration.
    They no longer seem to be doing a true A and B story for the women most weeks. They just alternate every other week between two stories which is not the same thing.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fan is claiming security confiscated pro Becky signs at HIAC last night. Various signs are stacked underneath that chair, with "Boo the Woo" clearly visible

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/72754...arlotte-flair/

More fans said the same thing. I wish we could embed tweets

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...cated-security
    Last edited by Sasori; September 17th, 2018 at 7:48 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, if fans really thought so much of her they would boo her because she's trying to get boos.

Instead they care more about their own opinions being heard which just results in a short title reign for Becky because now management thinks she "can't get over as a heel".

As wrestling fans, all of us, really have to get over ourselves. It's hurting and undermining talent that we claim to care about.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering Lynch is Champion I'd say fans cheering her is working out quite well.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    To be fair, if fans really thought so much of her they would boo her because she's trying to get boos.

Instead they care more about their own opinions being heard which just results in a short title reign for Becky because now management thinks she "can't get over as a heel".

As wrestling fans, all of us, really have to get over ourselves. It's hurting and undermining talent that we claim to care about.
    I can somewhat agree with what you're saying but this isn't 1985. Fans were programmed by the WWF a certain way, to digest the product a certain way. As time goes on, that method doesn't work for 1 obvious reason: Kayfabe. When you piss on kayfabe and you invite the fans in to the inner workings, this is what happens.

But even then, as you get older, you start to realize this is a work but it wasn't until Vince and others started to pull the curtain back in the late 80's into the late 90's where we had more info to go off of. It's no different than a regular job. Why did that person get a promotion? Was it hard work? Maybe they're related to the boss, maybe they're fucking the boss.

Last but not least, I have to respectively laugh at the part about fans caring about their opinion. No shit. Story time. WWF wanted Austin to be their top heel. But the fans were digging everything he did, thought he was fucking cool as shit flipping off the boss, stunning Sgt. Slaughter, raising hell. Imagine if we kept our opinion to ourselves. WWF would be fucked without Austin. How about The Rock? Where would his career be, honestly, if the fans didn't chant "DIE ROCKY DIE"?

So the idea that fans should just sit on our hands and not be vocal, that goes against EVERYTHING. Which is why so many people scoffed at Stephanie McMahon's recent comments when asked why they're so successful "We listen to our fans". The fuck you do. lol. And you can't say Becky is going to have a short reign, she just won the fucking belt. Charlotte had a short ass reign, does that mean she can't get over as a face? Or does that mean that the audience they supposedly listen to are saying Charlotte was better as the heel and Becky truly did get fucked over.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They no longer seem to be doing a true A and B story for the women most weeks. They just alternate every other week between two stories which is not the same thing.
    I agree that there haven't been B storylines. My point was that even with Ronda, they should have plenty of time for a secondary feud. But the Bellas being back seems to be bumping the Boss and Bayley back down.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that there haven't been B storylines. My point was that even with Ronda, they should have plenty of time for a secondary feud. But the Bellas being back seems to be bumping the Boss and Bayley back down.
    Which, if my ears aren't lying to me, seems to be the right decision. I am continually surprised by the reaction when the Bella's music hits, both on Raw and Smackdown.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Which, if my ears aren't lying to me, seems to be the right decision. I am continually surprised by the reaction when the Bella's music hits, both on Raw and Smackdown.
    I don't know. I'll not argue that you get some quick pop for the Bellas. But then they have to sustain it in the ring. A lot of the matches don't get that good of a reaction.

And Bayley and Sasha got a strong initial crowd reaction as well.

I just see the Bellas as having really low ceilings within the Women's division.

The Bellas are best in feuds that hide their weaknesses (Miz/Maryse vs Cena/Nikki). You ask them to maintain feuds that require a lot of ring work and you're asking for apathy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know. I'll not argue that you get some quick pop for the Bellas. But then they have to sustain it in the ring. A lot of the matches don't get that good of a reaction.

And Bayley and Sasha got a strong initial crowd reaction as well.

I just see the Bellas as having really low ceilings within the Women's division.

The Bellas are best in feuds that hide their weaknesses (Miz/Maryse vs Cena/Nikki). You ask them to maintain feuds that require a lot of ring work and you're asking for apathy.
    I'm not arguing that the Bellas sustain things when they get in the ring, haha. That's a pursuit of a madman. I just find myself noticing that there's a youthful, female reaction when the Bellas come out. I notice that more or more resounding compared to the stalwarts. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

It's a given the ceiling in terms of work rate is extremely limited with the Bellas, but it's hard to ignore there's a healthy incentive to make the most or maximize the usage rate for them when they're actually on the air. On top of that, not helping the cause of Bayley and Sasha, they weren't lighting the world on fire with what they were doing prior to the Bellas returning. That's not to say they were just twiddling their thumbs. They were developments but that story has gone past its expiration date.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like Nash, I partially agree, but we're far past the point where WWE can expect fans to behave this way. Arbitrarily turning a super popular babyface just isn't going to work anymore. We're in the post Roman mega push world now. Fans will fight the company tooth and nail when they don't agree with how talent is booked. I would add that the fans getting behind the Rock when he was a heel was the best thing for the company at the time because Austin had to get surgery and they needed a new top face while he was out.

I was also reading that, according to Meltzer, the initial plan was to have Becky win by cheating, but they supposedly "read the crowd" over the weekend and changed it to a clean finish. The sustained positive reaction she's been getting could prevent her from just being a short term road block for Charlotte and she might get a more substantial title reign. Take it with a grain of salt as usual.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And again.........For decades, the WWE and the fans were one in the same. Hulk Hogan would have never been anything if he got the same reaction Roman Reigns does or even John Cena. If the WWE wouldn't say stupid shit like "we always listen to our fans, our relationship with the fans is why we're successful" or if Road Dogg ditched the Donald Trump twitter routine where he feels he has to justify everything Smackdown gets shit on for, then maybe it'd be different.

But they want to call themselves sports entertainment and pretend they're the same shit as Big Bang Theory....Well I can promise you if Sheldon was being met with the same response as Roman, Sheldon would be killed off and Stewart would be replacing him. The WWE didn't need 20 different revenue streams back int he 80's and 90's because the wrestlers and the product were what fans wanted to see. I'm not saying it's absolute shit now, but a big chunk of it is because they don't go with the flow. They are more concerned with Sha Ba Ling in China or Manfreid in Spain than the major market here in North America and even Western Europe who I feel are just as if not more vocal about their displeasure with the product.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not arguing that the Bellas sustain things when they get in the ring, haha. That's a pursuit of a madman. I just find myself noticing that there's a youthful, female reaction when the Bellas come out. I notice that more or more resounding compared to the stalwarts. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

It's a given the ceiling in terms of work rate is extremely limited with the Bellas, but it's hard to ignore there's a healthy incentive to make the most or maximize the usage rate for them when they're actually on the air. On top of that, not helping the cause of Bayley and Sasha, they weren't lighting the world on fire with what they were doing prior to the Bellas returning. That's not to say they were just twiddling their thumbs. They were developments but that story has gone past its expiration date.
    Absolutely agree that a lot of what we're discussing is perception. And understood you're not arguing for the ring quality.

I just question whether the Bellas are being used to the right effect, in comparison to what was being done (let alone could be). BGM, the following rant is not really directed at attacking your points (as I don't think you'd disagree with a lot of it-possibly wrong). This is just about my overall take on how the Bellas are being used.

The Bellas are getting a little nostalgia pop right now on Raw. And Brie, other than there's no need to have her involved in matches regularly, is probably being used effectively on Smackdown. But where is this headed? Apparently Nikki is going to have a match with Ronda. I don't see that helping Ronda at all. And in the mean time, what little momentum Bailey/Banks had is gone.

I do think there was a potential storyline about the Hug/Boss Connection working together. The Riott Squad were, potentially, decent antagonists. This has largely been dropped since the Bellas have returned. Why? What is the upward limit of that feud. Sasha and Bailey both, at their apex, have shown bigger reaction than Nikki at her peak. And they can sustain it during a match. You have Nikki (or Nikkie and Brie in afeud) work a singles match feud, and the other person isn't looking more credible. And the match is going to be mediocre at best.

I do not understand the point of using the Bellas, as wrestlers, in high end women's feuds. Realistically, I'd say the Bellas are getting some nostalgia pop. But hell, I agree that they'll always get some. But this is their limit. This is it.

It's not the end of the world, but I think if you invested the time into the other women that you do into the Bellas, you have a LOT higher ceiling. At this point, and at their current skill level, I think their ideal booking is closer to what Carmella should be doing than what Sasha should be doing.

/rant

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Like Nash, I partially agree, but we're far past the point where WWE can expect fans to behave this way. Arbitrarily turning a super popular babyface just isn't going to work anymore. We're in the post Roman mega push world now. Fans will fight the company tooth and nail when they don't agree with how talent is booked. I would add that the fans getting behind the Rock when he was a heel was the best thing for the company at the time because Austin had to get surgery and they needed a new top face while he was out.

I was also reading that, according to Meltzer, the initial plan was to have Becky win by cheating, but they supposedly "read the crowd" over the weekend and changed it to a clean finish. The sustained positive reaction she's been getting could prevent her from just being a short term road block for Charlotte and she might get a more substantial title reign. Take it with a grain of salt as usual.
    I'm not going to get way off on a tangent here about how obnoxious the crowds are these days. But keeping it just to Becky, she was a babyface management didn't give a shit about and she was getting little to no screen time at all.

Now she has a top level program and a new found push. If we like Becky we should be happy for her. And support this role. Not pout because it isn't exactly how we would dream book it. Becky is doing well at this heel role. I'm proud of what she's doing and I hope it continues.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

I disagree...
    Blaming the audience is dumb because that's who the show is for...
    If the crowd wants to Becky Lynch to be the hero and Charlotte to be the villain, maybe the bookers shouldn't be actively fighting against that for no good reason...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm fine with the audience booing and cheering who they want and going against the grain sometimes. But other times I just can't figure it out. How many of these angles and storylines are we going to fight? Do we just shit on everything that isn't 100 percent the way we'd ideally have it?

This Becky push makes me happy. If her playing heel gets her the screen time that her skill level deserves than its fine with me. Next time I go to a live event I'm going to boo the shit out of her.

Yes Charlotte should be a heel. Yes Becky made more sense as a face. But I'd rather her be in the main event as a heel than off camera as a face.

This isn't even the same thing as wanting a Roman heel turn because it could eventually make him into an accepted face and an even bigger star. Or booing him just because his push feels forced and over the top. This isn't the same thing as cheering our asses off for Daniel Bryan to force WWE to put him in the main event where he belongs when they had no intention of doing so. How does it help Becky at all for her to be a babyface instead of her current role?

What are we upset about here?

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely agree that a lot of what we're discussing is perception. And understood you're not arguing for the ring quality.

I just question whether the Bellas are being used to the right effect, in comparison to what was being done (let alone could be). BGM, the following rant is not really directed at attacking your points (as I don't think you'd disagree with a lot of it-possibly wrong). This is just about my overall take on how the Bellas are being used.

The Bellas are getting a little nostalgia pop right now on Raw. And Brie, other than there's no need to have her involved in matches regularly, is probably being used effectively on Smackdown. But where is this headed? Apparently Nikki is going to have a match with Ronda. I don't see that helping Ronda at all. And in the mean time, what little momentum Bailey/Banks had is gone.

I do think there was a potential storyline about the Hug/Boss Connection working together. The Riott Squad were, potentially, decent antagonists. This has largely been dropped since the Bellas have returned. Why? What is the upward limit of that feud. Sasha and Bailey both, at their apex, have shown bigger reaction than Nikki at her peak. And they can sustain it during a match. You have Nikki (or Nikkie and Brie in afeud) work a singles match feud, and the other person isn't looking more credible. And the match is going to be mediocre at best.

I do not understand the point of using the Bellas, as wrestlers, in high end women's feuds. Realistically, I'd say the Bellas are getting some nostalgia pop. But hell, I agree that they'll always get some. But this is their limit. This is it.

It's not the end of the world, but I think if you invested the time into the other women that you do into the Bellas, you have a LOT higher ceiling. At this point, and at their current skill level, I think their ideal booking is closer to what Carmella should be doing than what Sasha should be doing.

/rant
    I just have to say this is the most on point break down of the Bellas I've ever read. And you did it without taking cheap shots at Nikki/Brie (and there are plenty of cheap shots to take). Excellent post.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really think the Bella's are getting used, for the most part, because of the obligatory Total Divas tie-in. Their return is a good story for the show. Vince must think Rhonda vs Nikki is a big match too. Unfortunately, the other women are suffering because of the attention the Bellas are getting. But what do we expect, it's only a 3 hr show, lol.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Total Bellas tie-in will be why the Bellas win the rumored Women's Tag Team belts. WWE wants to film them both wearing them around the pool, etc.

Have they bothered to explain why Brie is on both Raw/SD?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

/rant
    I think you've nailed the Bella situation as perfectly as it can be. The Bellas have always acted as an anchor to the rest of the womens roster, and it's all because they've been around for a decade... not because they're good. WWE has been consistently good at one thing and that's holding back the new performers. The Charlotte/Becky feud has been a breath of fresh air and Rousey has been great, but too many women are being treated as short sighted fodder.

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    ...The Bellas have always acted as an anchor to the rest of the womens roster, and it's all because they've been around for a decade... not because they're good. WWE has been consistently good at one thing and that's holding back the new performers. The Charlotte/Becky feud has been a breath of fresh air and Rousey has been great, but too many women are being treated as short sighted fodder.

Spot on. Charlotte is at a different spot than most of the other women, but I think Becky is a great example of what could be done with other members of the roster. I love me some Lynch, but Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, and maybe a few others have similar potential. WWE has done a great job of assembling a talented roster.

Too often the WWE has tied the division to people who keep it to a lower level.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spot on. Charlotte is at a different spot than most of the other women, but I think Becky is a great example of what could be done with other members of the roster. I love me some Lynch, but Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, and maybe a few others have similar potential. WWE has done a great job of assembling a talented roster.

Too often the WWE has tied the division to people who keep it to a lower level.
    *cough* like the Bellas or Bliss *cough*

EDIT:
    And honestly, Ronda, too. She is super over and is impressive (here's the kicker), impressive for her limited time with the company and as a wrestler. There will come a time pretty soon that we will stop grading Ronda on a curve, and I truly hope she keeps up.

Personally, I'm kind of bummed that she and Nikki will likely headline Evolution. Sometimes I think WWE is intentionally setting this PPV up to be mediocre so they don't have to do a second one.
    Last edited by BuffyRocks; September 19th, 2018 at 8:58 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuffyRocks View Post
    *cough* like the Bellas or Bliss *cough*

EDIT:
    And honestly, Ronda, too. She is super over and is impressive (here's the kicker), impressive for her limited time with the company and as a wrestler. There will come a time pretty soon that we will stop grading Ronda on a curve, and I truly hope she keeps up.

Personally, I'm kind of bummed that she and Nikki will likely headline Evolution. Sometimes I think WWE is intentionally setting this PPV up to be mediocre so they don't have to do a second one.
    If the Bellas were to headline Evolution, then it really gives off the signal of WWE putting sub par and cardboard reality stars over the future stars. By now, the road has been paved... and having Nikki and/or Brie headline the show prevents the young'ns from going down it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we could've seen this coming a mile away. The women's evolution was one thing when it was just a catchphrase and a small portion of a long tv show. But now that its a full blown ppv event, Vince is taking the reigns. And he wants brand name stars he can sell, and an image he can sell. He doesn't want unknown talent and great wrestling. He wants something he can sell. So this ppv is going to be about the Bellas and about Ronda and a few past big names.

And you know what? I get it. I even agree to a point. We want people to watch this show and walk away with the impression that women's wrestling can be entertaining enough to be an entire show. Well to do that you need viewers and not just wrestling hardcores. The general audience needs to give this show a chance. And the Bellas, love em or hate em, bring in the casuals. I mean listen to that pop when Brie and Nikki come down to the ring. The audience fucking loves them. We can debate why and how forever but the bottom line is, The Bellas are the biggest names in women's wrestling in this country. Maybe the world.

So the ppv needs them. This time.

Let's hope that in the future they have a little more faith in the women they already have on board on the daily.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is or could be more egregious:
    What they're doing now, portraying Charlotte as a sympathetic face in the stuff with Becky
    or...
    Potentially turning Ronda heel, eventually leading to a face Charlotte facing off against her?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which is or could be more egregious:
    What they're doing now, portraying Charlotte as a sympathetic face in the stuff with Becky
    or...
    Potentially turning Ronda heel, eventually leading to a face Charlotte facing off against her?
    The lackluster of the 2 is the first. But the reality is that Charlotte is a much much better heel imo than any time she's ever been a babyface.

Turning Ronda heel won't be that hard imo. For as beloved as she is right now, if anyone ever saw her as a coach on the Ultimate Fighter reality show then you know she can be despised at the drop of a dime depending on the opponent.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we could've seen this coming a mile away. The women's evolution was one thing when it was just a catchphrase and a small portion of a long tv show. But now that its a full blown ppv event, Vince is taking the reigns. And he wants brand name stars he can sell, and an image he can sell. He doesn't want unknown talent and great wrestling. He wants something he can sell. So this ppv is going to be about the Bellas and about Ronda and a few past big names.

And you know what? I get it. I even agree to a point. We want people to watch this show and walk away with the impression that women's wrestling can be entertaining enough to be an entire show. Well to do that you need viewers and not just wrestling hardcores. The general audience needs to give this show a chance. And the Bellas, love em or hate em, bring in the casuals. I mean listen to that pop when Brie and Nikki come down to the ring. The audience fucking loves them. We can debate why and how forever but the bottom line is, The Bellas are the biggest names in women's wrestling in this country. Maybe the world.

So the ppv needs them. This time.

Let's hope that in the future they have a little more faith in the women they already have on board on the daily.
    Not denying that they sometimes get reactions, but they also just as often come out to not much at all. They were literally getting boo'd at Summerslam, which was technically their "return." Like Mazer was saying, their pops aren't sustained after their entrance music.

I would never deny the Bellas their place in the sun. Don't get me wrong, I think they are mediocre (at best) in the ring and on the mic, but just because I don't like them doesn't mean they aren't popular. They will certainly go into the HoF at some point, but calling them the biggest names in the world (in terms of women's wrestling)... I just don't agree. Or maybe I just hate that I cannot argue that point, ha!

Totally understand and even to an extent agree about Evolution. The hardcores are going to tune in no matter what, so getting casual fans interested is a savvy business move. Like you said, hoping that in the future (if they have another Evolution) the women who are putting in 300+ days a year of work can be featured more prominently. Good post, man!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some people put wayyyy too much stock in Total Divas and shit like that where the Bellas are involved and think that means they're huge names. Nikki Bella doing a guest spot on a pre-show about the Grammys isn't exactly making her a household name. E! is not some huge channel and IMO, the audience it does attract can go fuck themselves in every way possible.

And I would LOVE to know how many people who watch that garbage actually tune in to watch Raw, SD, ppvs, etc. I live in a small bubble, so I have yet to interact on any level of social media or in person where someone goes "I never watched pro wrestling until I saw Total Divas". I'm sure there are fans like that, but I'd honestly be shocked if we found out more than 20% of that viewing audience were A-women and B-non-wrestling fans. Because a big part of me feels the same people who watch Total Divas and that other show are already fans and watch it because it's wrestling-related.

If The Bellas are considered the most popular, something needs to change because that's just pitiful.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean Total Divas is reality schlock, but it can be entertaining to see the ladies messing around sometimes. Sometimes. The Bellas were never the most entertaining parts though; most of the times they were the least entertaining because their reality show acting is just as bad as their acting anywhere else. They're generic, boring, and the opposite of entertaining. Why they got their own reality show spinoff I'll never know. I guess the bottom line here is I'll never stop jumping on the fact that they suck. If they disappeared from the spotlight it would be a beautiful day.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The show was entertaining early on. There was a certain novelty to getting a behind the scenes look at the women's lives, and seeing some occasional cameos from other wrestlers. The best parts were usually courtesy of Cena and Bryan. That novelty wore off for me years ago, and it's just become another scripted reality show.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Some people put wayyyy too much stock in Total Divas and shit like that where the Bellas are involved and think that means they're huge names. Nikki Bella doing a guest spot on a pre-show about the Grammys isn't exactly making her a household name. E! is not some huge channel and IMO, the audience it does attract can go fuck themselves in every way possible.

And I would LOVE to know how many people who watch that garbage actually tune in to watch Raw, SD, ppvs, etc. I live in a small bubble, so I have yet to interact on any level of social media or in person where someone goes "I never watched pro wrestling until I saw Total Divas". I'm sure there are fans like that, but I'd honestly be shocked if we found out more than 20% of that viewing audience were A-women and B-non-wrestling fans. Because a big part of me feels the same people who watch Total Divas and that other show are already fans and watch it because it's wrestling-related.

If The Bellas are considered the most popular, something needs to change because that's just pitiful.
    It may not be everyone's cup of tea, but dismissing E! is madness. It's part of the cheapest basic cable packages nationwide and happens to be the home of another franchise that's done pretty good for themselves over the last 10 years or so.
    So yeah, I may not fall in their target demographic, but you gotta think that being wedged between Kardashian shows kinda gives the Bellas/Divas a bit of a mainstream rub as opposed to beng buried further down the channel line-up.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure that if nobody, absolutely nobody, that watched Total Divas also watched Raw, Vince would think that was awesome as shit because his talent would be "expanding their audience".

I don't necessarily like it either. But the Bellas are the brand right now. Them and Ronda. There isn't anyone else close to being "mainstream" but them. And of course the Bellas are leagues back from Ronda.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^ You gotta think global!

I don't think I've ever seen this pic before.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems relevant to the recent discussion...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Bryan
    On the Bella Twins not getting enough respect: “I don’t think [they do.] Obviously I’m very close to the situation and I know that a lot of hardcore wrestling fans look at them and their era as a negative on women’s wrestling. Brie [Bella] was in the ring when the ring when the hashtag ‘Give Divas a Chance’ because they were only in like a 30-second match. I think people were frustrated with this idea that the women weren’t being given more opportunities. They worked very hard for that kind of thing and there were part of this transition into divas to women’s wrestling. But I also think that… I get women coming up to me and saying ‘oh my god, you’re Daniel Bryan, right? From the show’. And that’s how I know that they’re not necessarily wrestling fans, they’re Total Divas or Total Bellas fans. I think exposing our product to a different audience is always good. That’s one of things that I think Vince [McMahon] will say, and a lot of people will say, is that one of the great things about things like Total Divas and Total Bellas is it exposes WWE talent to a whole new audience of people.”
    I know my wife has a couple of friends that watch Total Bellas/Divas but not actual WWE.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only wrestling related shit my lady watches is Total Divas, Bellas, Miz and Mrs.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    It still surprises me the E network is doing any of the Total Diva or Bella shit considering it has been dropping like a lead balloon for awhile. Miz and Mrs. started off strong and got a quicky renewal only to start falling off the map.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paige and Carmella took exception to that column.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I get what Paige and Carmella are saying. The matches did nothing for the women. However, to say they had all these talented women is a bit of a stretch. Paige and AJ were their best workers. The Bellas were passable due to how bad the rest of the women were. I still have no idea how Alicia Fox is still on this roster other than she can be shoved into a feud for someone to beat her. It really is a combination of less than great talent and a company that didn't give a shit about them.

Having said that, you still see the WWE really not give that much of a shit to the women. Rhonda has dominated Raw while Bayley, Sasha and even Nia side attractions. Smackdown is good with Lynch and Charlotte, but they are getting close to making Flair to the women's Roman Reigns. Asukua has disappeared. The Evolution PPV and the Mae Young Classic are good ideas, but they need to expand out to more than just one or two events for the women. They may need their own show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Having said that, you still see the WWE really not give that much of a shit to the women. Rhonda has dominated Raw while Bayley, Sasha and even Nia side attractions. Smackdown is good with Lynch and Charlotte, but they are getting close to making Flair to the women's Roman Reigns. Asukua has disappeared. The Evolution PPV and the Mae Young Classic are good ideas, but they need to expand out to more than just one or two events for the women. They may need their own show.
    Nearly all these reason you listed are why WWE does care about the division. Why else would they bring in Rousey... make Charlotte into what she is today... make the MYC at all... give the women their own PPV...? Why else would they do all these things?

And no, they don't need their own show. It would be shallow.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LibSuperstar View Post
    Paige and Carmella took exception to that column.
    It is spot on. The Bellas have always been garbage

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd personally rather Ronda face Nia Jax...
    The last time they fought was epic, and the match was interrupted by Alexa Bliss, and there was never a winner, so it's unfinished business...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate how history is twisted into making people think the Bellas were responsible for the GiveDivasAChance shit. That was all AJ Lee to spite Stephanie McMahon. I'm not even sure if it was a storyline it was just her throwing shade on Stephanie, pretty much 2nd in command, treating her fellow female talent like 3rd class citizens on the show.

The Bellas taking credit is typical WWE bullshit that they do.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate how history is twisted into making people think the Bellas were responsible for the GiveDivasAChance shit. That was all AJ Lee to spite Stephanie McMahon. I'm not even sure if it was a storyline it was just her throwing shade on Stephanie, pretty much 2nd in command, treating her fellow female talent like 3rd class citizens on the show.

The Bellas taking credit is typical WWE bullshit that they do.
    I agree wholeheartedly with you on this.

Brie has never been good in the ring nor on the mic, but I will give credit to Nikki for improving a lot in the ring. But I don't think she was ever as good as Nattie.

I hated how the WWE did nothing with the women's / Diva's division for so many months, as they only wanted to extend Nikki's title reign to be the longest individual title reign, as a way to stick it to AJ Lee for leaving WWE to support her husband.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I agree wholeheartedly with you on this.

Brie has never been good in the ring nor on the mic, but I will give credit to Nikki for improving a lot in the ring. But I don't think she was ever as good as Nattie.

I hated how the WWE did nothing with the women's / Diva's division for so many months, as they only wanted to extend Nikki's title reign to be the longest individual title reign, as a way to stick it to AJ Lee for leaving WWE to support her husband.
    And I believe that's why they champion the Bellas and not AJ Lee. She doesn't even get a name drop. Petty.

This type of stuff is why I laugh when I hear people behind the scenes like Bruce Prichard and others go "Why would we waste money on certain talent just to bury them?" Ego for starters. The other would be to damage them so much that when they left they were worse off than when they arrived.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Its not like they haven't buried wrestlers for the sake of burying wrestlers. Pitchard can be a real kiss ass. I will give the Bellas a pass for attempting to improve. Nikki was really nice with my daughter last weekend at Keystone Comic-Con, so I will give her that. However, Brie canceled a few days before to have a crappy PPV match. It sucks a bit that Sasha/Bayley/Finn are at NYCC in a few weeks. I usually go to that con, but last year was a mess with the Mark Hamill price charge and they wait to the last minute to tell you who is coming. I would have taken her to see them instead of doing Nikki. The wife wanted to see Finn too. Mark Ruffalo was going to be there too, but again we only found out last week. Its the biggest East Coast Con, but is run by morons at times.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the main page, about injuries:

-- According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, Liv Morgan is reportedly doing okay but appears to have suffered a concussion. The final determination isn't known as WWE has not made results of her concussion testing public.

-- There appears to be no concrete news on why Sasha Banks is off of TV. At first, it was being reported that she was suffering from an injury, but WWE's latest statement only suggests that she is off TV due to "medical reasons", according to Wrestling Observer Radio. The fact that WWE is not specifically indicating her injury is leading some to conclude that there is more going on there.

-- As noted before, Alexa Bliss has not been medically cleared to wrestle but is approved for "minimal contact." What that means is that she's allowed to wrestle and could probably do a kick here and there, but can't actually wrestle a match. The injury to her arm is not deemed to be serious enough to keep her out of action for an extended period of time.

When I read this about Bliss: "What that means is that she's allowed to wrestle and could probably do a kick here and there, but can't actually wrestle a match" I literally thought to myself, "So, this seems like most of her matches..."

Truly hope she and all of the women get better soon!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what's the general consensus on those kicks to Liv's face? Brie being careless? Liv leaning forward when selling and not leaning back? or a combo of both?

Brie has botched so fucking much since she returned that I can't tell if it's on her or not because there's valid excuses. The dives for example. Both times it looked like the wrestlers were too far away from her but they probably expected to at least be able to clear the fucking ropes lol.

But yeah, those kicks to Liv.....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The women have really taken a hit recently.

I'm really surprised they let Liv get back in the ring. No reason to take any risks.

As far as the suicide dives, I thought Brie was moving way too slow. She explained the botches by saying she "forgot" she was 10 pounds heavier so she didn't get enough momentum. If that's her reasoning, then she should've hauled ass after botching it the first time. I Can't talk about the kicks to the head. I actually missed that sequence and haven't seen a clip yet. I wasn't paying attention, and the next thing I hear is Cole saying Liv was taken to the back for medical attention.

Sasha seemed a bit injury prone for a while, but she's been pretty healthy this year.

Did Rhonda mess up Bliss's arm a little at HIAC?
    Last edited by Sasori; September 25th, 2018 at 4:25 PM.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    So what's the general consensus on those kicks to Liv's face? Brie being careless? Liv leaning forward when selling and not leaning back? or a combo of both?
    Brie being careless. If Liv was knocked silly from the first one, she slumped forward and Brie smacked her twice more. The distance was so wrong that the last two looked like knees. Brie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looked very careless to my untrained eyes. I can understand it happening once, but when you hit someone in the face the first time, shouldn't you stop kicking? Although the part I might have had the most problem with was letting her get back into the ring for the triple suplex spot.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not even sure they knew she was as fucked up as she was until she got to the back.

"This ain't ballet" lol

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to discredit the actual incident, the ref didn't seem like he was doing his job (both kayfabe and legit in terms of protecting a human being).

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those kicks were poorly executed. Liv overselling is a bit of a laughable excuse. She missed her mark on a mostly stable target.

Hardly malicious, but definitely sloppy.

Brie can hopefully improve, but until she does she should stay away from performing any potentially high impact moves.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to discredit the actual incident, the ref didn't seem like he was doing his job (both kayfabe and legit in terms of protecting a human being).
    The ref? Explain.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ref? Explain.
    He didn't seem to be observant of what was happening. If Liv is knocked out, he needs to recognize that or do a better job of checking on her. It was a really bad kick out by Liv and he's still not really doing anything to assess the situation (at least from my memory of the event). Then Brie is trying really hard to get Liv to the corner. Feels like there's too many instances where he needs to step in.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't seem to be observant of what was happening. If Liv is knocked out, he needs to recognize that or do a better job of checking on her. It was a really bad kick out by Liv and he's still not really doing anything to assess the situation (at least from my memory of the event). Then Brie is trying really hard to get Liv to the corner. Feels like there's too many instances where he needs to step in.
    But in his defense, what refs do you recall ever stepping in and doing this? I'll be honest, I didn't even know she was knocked out. She looked hurt yeah, but KO'd? I'll have to go back and see where the ref is at and if he even noticed the stiff shots and if he noticed she wasn't just selling, that she was actually out cold.

But yeah, I can't think of too many instances if any where someone who wasn't severely injured like Sid snapping his leg (which still took about a minute before someone realized he was fucked lol) that the ref jumped in and tried to stop the action.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But in his defense, what refs do you recall ever stepping in and doing this? I'll be honest, I didn't even know she was knocked out. She looked hurt yeah, but KO'd? I'll have to go back and see where the ref is at and if he even noticed the stiff shots and if he noticed she wasn't just selling, that she was actually out cold.

But yeah, I can't think of too many instances if any where someone who wasn't severely injured like Sid snapping his leg (which still took about a minute before someone realized he was fucked lol) that the ref jumped in and tried to stop the action.
    The kick out, alone, was enough of a red flag for me. These are yes kicks, transitional kicks into something else, and it led to a very weak pin and kick out. I'm probably being hyper sensitive in terms of putting excessive blame on him, but he didn't really go in on checking her until she was in the corner. Felt like he relied too much on Brie assessing and moving things along. It's not out of line for a ref (both IRL and kayfabe) to step in and just see.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The kick out, alone, was enough of a red flag for me. These are yes kicks, transitional kicks into something else, and it led to a very weak pin and kick out. I'm probably being hyper sensitive in terms of putting excessive blame on him, but he didn't really go in on checking her until she was in the corner. Felt like he relied too much on Brie assessing and moving things along. It's not out of line for a ref (both IRL and kayfabe) to step in and just see.
    You are no doubt being hyper sensitive about this. You think these refs are briefed on how long is too long or how weak is too weak? It wasn't like she was dead.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brie needs to be taken out of in ring action at this point.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are no doubt being hyper sensitive about this. You think these refs are briefed on how long is too long or how weak is too weak? It wasn't like she was dead.
    She fell (more like sank) after taking the kicks like someone who was selling like a maestro or got their bell rung. Then Brie had to work extremely hard to get Liv over for the pin. There's enough there within less than 10 seconds to just kind of check to make sure things are alright.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She fell (more like sank) after taking the kicks like someone who was selling like a maestro or got their bell rung. Then Brie had to work extremely hard to get Liv over for the pin. There's enough there within less than 10 seconds to just kind of check to make sure things are alright.
    You know what I just noticed....it was the shitty shit ref. So I have no doubt he is just an idiot and probably friends with someone in the back to where they won't fire him. Maybe because he's the only black ref in the world of wrestling? Either way the guy is terrible and he tends to ref the women's matches more than any other ref imo.

This is the same ref who gave Sasha Banks a concussion by not paying attention and kneeing her in the head.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Brie needs to be taken out of in ring action at this point.
    ^ Bottom line.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oddly specific question. Is it an unusual opinion to think Charlotte has a pretty damn good spear? Like, sure it's not Goldberg tier, but she makes it look like she's throwing her entire bodyweight and strength into it.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It used to suck but it's gotten a lot better.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. The last few times I've noticed her doing it, it just looks more real. A little more snug.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They say that wrestlers who are friends will lay into each other harder when they have a match (See Gargano and Ciampa). Charlotte's been wrestling Becky almost exclusively the last few months, so she might feel more comfortable putting a little extra into her spear.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now this would make a fine shirt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know they're not on the same brand, but maybe Rhyno taught Charlotte how to do a proper spear? Since they took his away from him? On the rare chances he actually gets to win lately, he's been putting guys away with a short-arm spinebuster slam.

But yeah, Charlotte's spear has looked pretty solid lately. She gets a lot of her shoulder into it and actually has some follow through now. She used to throw one and she'd basically take a bump and roll off or sell down. She's not a Rhyno - his Gore looked like you were getting hit in the waist with a refrigerator or Roman Reigns - who has the body mass and solid muscle to look like he's ripping somebody in half, but she's not "Edge bad".

Really though, if anybody should get a spear for their arsenal it should be Nia Jaxx. Like when Big Show had a spear as a cutoff move. It'd be perfect for her as a heel.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone think Rousey might have taken Becky's latest comments personally?

Rousey herself said she was suicidal after that loss, so feels a bit off of Becky to bring it up. Wouldn't surprise me if Rousey fires back at her being an air hostess this seems to be getting quite personal

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm pretty sure she helped train Ronda right?

Hopefully she realizes she doesn't actually mean these things...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone think Rousey might have taken Becky's latest comments personally?

Rousey herself said she was suicidal after that loss, so feels a bit off of Becky to bring it up. Wouldn't surprise me if Rousey fires back at her being an air hostess this seems to be getting quite personal
    I doubt it. Stephanie, Nikki, etc. etc., they've all been taking shots at Ronda in builds. Some more veiled than others, but I imagine most or anything is fair game and everyone is under the working assumption that this is all in line to create more "real" stories/grudges.

The fact that Ronda and Becky are on different brands really helps build the need to see these two in the ring. In the meantime, they'll take shots at each other and build the tension.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, listen to what Ronda said about Nikki and John Cena.

I'm pretty sure she knows that ALMOST nothing is taboo on the mic. They brought up Charlotte's dead brother for Christ's sake.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cranky old bastard talking here, but oh for the days where they could build feuds without Twitter.

Also if they ever bring up women's tag titles on the main roster then Freebird rule for Riott Squad.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Cranky old bastard talking here, but oh for the days where they could build feuds without Twitter.

Also if they ever bring up women's tag titles on the main roster then Freebird rule for Riott Squad.
    It would be nice if some of the stuff being said on twitter would have been showcased on t.v. but this reminds me of back in the day when rappers would go on a radio station and pop off and then the other rapper would go to that same station the next day and respond. Then they'd wind up shooting each other outside the radio station.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a random note, commented on some of Becky's FB posts then a few days ago got a notification about a friend request but couldn't add. Probably a bot, damn them.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice if some of the stuff being said on twitter would have been showcased on t.v. but this reminds me of back in the day when rappers would go on a radio station and pop off and then the other rapper would go to that same station the next day and respond. Then they'd wind up shooting each other outside the radio station.
    They do that in general, but they're not very good at putting a spotlight on it. Sometimes they'll show it on graphics or sometimes they'll have commentary read the tweets/posts. They just need to do a better job of crossing that over in a better way where there's more synergy.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, listen to what Ronda said about Nikki and John Cena.

I'm pretty sure she knows that ALMOST nothing is taboo on the mic. They brought up Charlotte's dead brother for Christ's sake.
    Yeah and remember the backlash to Paige bringing it up. Massive own goal. I think this is similar, bringing up something which made someone consider suicide really isn't on

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah and remember the backlash to Paige bringing it up. Massive own goal. I think this is similar, bringing up something which made someone consider suicide really isn't on
    I'll say this....anyone who is that overly sensitive to what Becky said is just not worth the time. Ronda losing her first MMA fight=wanting to commit suicide then 2 seconds later having a realization she wanted to be a mother....It was an over the top statement.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a company that isn't going to steer away from low-class or subversive talking points. The key thing is that they more than likely talk with all of the parties involved to make sure that's not a bridge too far before saying it. If it's too much, they won't bring it up.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say this....anyone who is that overly sensitive to what Becky said is just not worth the time. Ronda losing her first MMA fight=wanting to commit suicide then 2 seconds later having a realization she wanted to be a mother....It was an over the top statement.
    You don't think people who have depression or suicidal thoughts are worth any time? Fucks sake

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't think people who have depression or suicidal thoughts are worth any time? Fucks sake
    Did Ronda take offense to what she said? If not then shut the fuck up.

I'm talking about people like you who are trying to spin this the worst possible way. You probably had no clue she even said that until the other poster mentioned it so again, stop jumping into conversations that you literally have no clue what you're chiming in about....Do you even know who she lost to the first time?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you know how she feels about it? Are you knocking on her door and asking about it. The fact that she was suicial afterwards says it all. That isn't something you put in a storyline for fucks sake?

Perhaps people who have been affected by these issues might feel it is over the line? How do you think people who post relatives to drug abuse felt when wwe tried to built it into a feud

Some things shouldn't be turned into a storyline. This is one of them

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you know how she feels about it? Are you knocking on her door and asking about it. The fact that she was suicial afterwards says it all. That isn't something you put in a storyline for fucks sake?

Perhaps people who have been affected by these issues might feel it is over the line? How do you think people who post relatives to drug abuse felt when wwe tried to built it into a feud

Some things shouldn't be turned into a storyline. This is one of them
    What do you honestly know about that story she told Ellen? I'm being serious.

And none of that is being turned into a storyline. The only people I have even heard complain about it are you and the other kid on here who posted about it before you did. You know why? Because you're overreacting for no fucking reason lol.

OH THEY TURNED RONDA WANTING TO KILL HERSELF INTO A STORYLINE. When? Where? Show me the promo. Outside of that 1 tweet you have nothing buddy. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it was a one off tweet that never brought up Ronda being suicidal. Relax everyone.

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome Becky Lynch video on WWE's YT channel.

Becky v Charlotte was the first time I legitimately believed women could main event anything. Long may it continue.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Yeah, it was a one off tweet that never brought up Ronda being suicidal. Relax everyone.
    Yes it did. It referred to the fact that she hid under a blanket for a year, which Rousey has referred to when she felt suicidal

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, every tweet Becky sends out is amazing. Her trolling of Rousey and Nia is spot on. And Becky standing tall with blood ("Irish war paint" as she called it) on Monday night was chilling. I thought she was a top talent in the making before she even got to WWE (I know many of us here did) and after Summerslam I thought she had reached a new level of amazingness but now... it wouldn't be far fetched at all to call her the top (full time) talent in the entire company. I truly think she has a chance of main eventing WM.

Sorry, y'all. Just had to come here and express my love again for Becky <3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kinda bummed they didn't go with Asuka/Rousey at SS after seeing Asuka's reaction and the crowds reaction when Becky was picking her replacement.

Also, when did Becky start referring to herself as the man? I want to look up that promo.
    Last edited by Tim; November 17th, 2018 at 11:31 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I'm kinda bummed they didn't go with Asuka/Rousey at SS after seeing Asuka's reaction and the crowds reaction when Becky was picking her replacement.

Also, when did Becky start referring to herself as the man? I want to look up that promo.
    Vince, quite clearly, does not see Asuka in the same light that HHH does.

I don't look for her to ever have much of a main event role again.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty impressed with how over Asuka still is considering how much they've dropped the ball with her.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. The WWE universe is begging for them to do more with Asuka.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all about the follow up. She lost clean, via submission, to Charlotte at Mania. Then she lost several times, dirty, to Carmella. She's been able to sort of bounce back with teaming up with Naomi against the IIconics. She's still very over. Her booking at Survivor Series makes me think they definitely still have more in store for her.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all about the follow up. She lost clean, via submission, to Charlotte at Mania. Then she lost several times, dirty, to Carmella. She's been able to sort of bounce back with teaming up with Naomi against the IIconics. She's still very over. Her booking at Survivor Series makes me think they definitely still have more in store for her.
    While I agree, there's enough ambiguity with what's going on with the women ahead of her in the pecking order that makes me think Asuka may be stunted just due to time. While they've shown they're capable of doing it for a PPV cycle or two, I think it's a challenge for Smackdown to run three women's angles. It's just a time crunch. I think the answers will clear up within a week or two, mainly in regards to what's happening with Becky and what's happening with Charlotte.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I agree, there's enough ambiguity with what's going on with the women ahead of her in the pecking order that makes me think Asuka may be stunted just due to time. While they've shown they're capable of doing it for a PPV cycle or two, I think it's a challenge for Smackdown to run three women's angles. It's just a time crunch. I think the answers will clear up within a week or two, mainly in regards to what's happening with Becky and what's happening with Charlotte.
    I definitely think we'll get an idea of where they're at with Charlotte tonight. Becky's out indefinitely we don't know when she'll be cleared to my knowledge.

Fantasy booking, and let's say Becky has to vacate the title, IMO the obvious angle is Asuka v. Charlotte for the title. For me at least. Asuka has the strong showing at Survivor, Charlotte about killed Ronda. And where these 2 women are out now I think it would be more interesting than their first encounter.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They technically met again on MMC. Charlotte tapped Asuka to give Team Awe-suka their first lost in MMC. Doesn't really count for much, though. Asuka trying to avenge her streak ending with a big one-on-one match with Charlotte would be a pretty good feud/match and if she came out on top it would do well to reset her back to being the killer badass.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely think we'll get an idea of where they're at with Charlotte tonight. Becky's out indefinitely we don't know when she'll be cleared to my knowledge.

Fantasy booking, and let's say Becky has to vacate the title, IMO the obvious angle is Asuka v. Charlotte for the title. For me at least. Asuka has the strong showing at Survivor, Charlotte about killed Ronda. And where these 2 women are out now I think it would be more interesting than their first encounter.
    It might not make sense in light of the women ahead of them in terms of popularity, but I do think Mandy vs. Sonya is going to be a feud they look at doing. There's not really much there but they seemed to put some energy in giving Mandy promo time in the lead-up to Survivor Series and before that, Mandy eliminated Sonya at Evolution. It might not be a feud worth a lot in the grand scheme but Mandy hasn't been a net loss with the stuff they've given her to do.

If Becky vacates, and you want Asuka to matter, Asuka needs to be the champion because she's going to get lost in the shuffle if she's not champion. Becky is going to be a star, even not being on TV, and will just swallow everything up when she comes back. Charlotte is going to get steam regardless of being a heel or a face, so Asuka needs something or she's going to be out of the picture.

We'll definitely get more answers tonight but it seems like they'll want to finagle another match out of Charlotte and Ronda at the Rumble. That bodes well for Ronda and Becky at Mania. The worst-case scenario would creating a fatal four-way by adding Nia to the mix or continuing to assume the comeuppance for Nia by Becky is a bigger deal and what the audience will truly want and do THAT at Mania (Nia/Becky). That would be a radical miscalculation on their part.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might not make sense in light of the women ahead of them in terms of popularity, but I do think Mandy vs. Sonya is going to be a feud they look at doing. There's not really much there but they seemed to put some energy in giving Mandy promo time in the lead-up to Survivor Series and before that, Mandy eliminated Sonya at Evolution. It might not be a feud worth a lot in the grand scheme but Mandy hasn't been a net loss with the stuff they've given her to do.

If Becky vacates, and you want Asuka to matter, Asuka needs to be the champion because she's going to get lost in the shuffle if she's not champion. Becky is going to be a star, even not being on TV, and will just swallow everything up when she comes back. Charlotte is going to get steam regardless of being a heel or a face, so Asuka needs something or she's going to be out of the picture.

We'll definitely get more answers tonight but it seems like they'll want to finagle another match out of Charlotte and Ronda at the Rumble. That bodes well for Ronda and Becky at Mania. The worst-case scenario would creating a fatal four-way by adding Nia to the mix or continuing to assume the comeuppance for Nia by Becky is a bigger deal and what the audience will truly want and do THAT at Mania (Nia/Becky). That would be a radical miscalculation on their part.
    The only way Becky v. Ronda happens is if Becky loses the title and wins the Women's Rumble, which imo should be what happens. IF she can. We don't really have an idea of how long she'll be out.

I agree about Asuka. Make her the champ. Let Charlotte, Becky, Ronda, and Nia do their thing and let Asuka be the female AJ Styles. Over on Raw their world title picture was just all over the fucking place due to Lesnar. Smackdown had AJ delivering every week, every ppv. Let Asuka be that talent. You look at SD's roster for women, a lot of green. Sonya, Mandy, Peyton, Kaye, Lana, they need more seasoning before fucking with the elite or it's going to be a turd fest like Carmella as champion was.

This interbrand stuff with the "Horsewomen" and to an extent Nia Jaxx shouldn't hold up 2 divisions. Let Asuka be that workhorse like she was in NXT.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way Becky v. Ronda happens is if Becky loses the title and wins the Women's Rumble, which imo should be what happens. IF she can. We don't really have an idea of how long she'll be out.

I agree about Asuka. Make her the champ. Let Charlotte, Becky, Ronda, and Nia do their thing and let Asuka be the female AJ Styles. Over on Raw their world title picture was just all over the fucking place due to Lesnar. Smackdown had AJ delivering every week, every ppv. Let Asuka be that talent. You look at SD's roster for women, a lot of green. Sonya, Mandy, Peyton, Kaye, Lana, they need more seasoning before fucking with the elite or it's going to be a turd fest like Carmella as champion was.

This interbrand stuff with the "Horsewomen" and to an extent Nia Jaxx shouldn't hold up 2 divisions. Let Asuka be that workhorse like she was in NXT.
    It's leaving money on the table if the deviate from this blueprint: have Becky vacate the title, having Asuka win the title in a tournament, and have Becky win the Rumble.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's leaving money on the table if the deviate from this blueprint: have Becky vacate the title, having Asuka win the title in a tournament, and have Becky win the Rumble.
    That would be incredible. Gets Becky where she needs to be for 2019 and builds Asuka back up to peak position.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Becky has to relinquish the title, then I see Charlotte getting it again. They'll probably want Asuka to chase the belt for a while. It will help fill time until the Rumble where she could possibly win it.