Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 4,801 to 4,837 of 4837

Thread: The Star Wars thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really follow anything about this show leading up to the debut so I didn't even know until a few minutes ago this all ties in with Rogue One. I knew the main guy sounded/look familiar but I've only seen Rogue One maybe once and it was a couple years ago at least.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I'm looking forward to seeing Mon Mothma again and her getting a bit of more screen time, pretty sure it's the same actress from Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith. She looks remarkably similar to the original actor from Return of the Jedi. Timeline wise it wouldn't be impossible that Bail Organa/Jimmy Smits make a cameo as well. This show takes place four years after Kenobi and five years before Rogue One/A New Hope.

I'm definitely not a fan of Disney Star Wars overall (only liked Rogue One and The Mandalorian 1-2 so far) but I do appreciate them daring to try something completely different with this show, there's just so many times you can blow up space stations or have lightsaber fights without it getting a bit stale and repetitive.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Mon Mothma again and her getting a bit of more screen time, pretty sure it's the same actress from Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith. She looks remarkably similar to the original actor from Return of the Jedi. Timeline wise it wouldn't be impossible that Bail Organa/Jimmy Smits make a cameo as well. This show takes place four years after Kenobi and five years before Rogue One/A New Hope.

I'm definitely not a fan of Disney Star Wars overall (only liked Rogue One and The Mandalorian 1-2 so far) but I do appreciate them daring to try something completely different with this show, there's just so many times you can blow up space stations or have lightsaber fights without it getting a bit stale and repetitive.
    I'm a fan of the Disney Star Wars but I also respect how good Episode 4-6 were. But there are people who haven't liked anything since Empire. 1-3 didn't do us any favors. Without those installments the Disney stuff would be treated better imo.

It's a lose-lose. People want it to be as good as the original 3 but don't want it to be like the original 3 lol.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m really digging Andor and wanted to watch episode 4 immediately after 3 ended. I think they made the right choice with the release, as the first episode is all about establishing the character and atmosphere and the second builds to the action in the third.

There’s a number of extended dialogue scenes where characters reveal their outlook or values. I appreciated that those scenes were given time to breathe. The Pre-Mor corporation is a refreshing change from faceless Stormtroopers and simplistically evil Imperial officers. We get to see their arrogance and their fear as things start to go down.

I also liked the little touches like the bell ringer of Ferrix (more of a slab than a bell) and the rattling sound which the civilians use to spread a message. Nice world building without exposition. The show looks superb since it’s not relying on “The Volume”, something which was jarring on Obi-Wan at times.

As for Disney Star Wars, I think The Force Awakens is a really fun movie which captures the spirit of the original trilogy very well. The Last Jedi has flaws but takes some really bold swings which I liked. The Rise of Skywalker is a remarkable mess and a testament to Disney’s ludicrous approach to the entire trilogy; basically letting directors and writers undo each other’s films at will. The Clone Wars ending was great and I liked what I saw of The Bad Batch but haven’t finished yet. The Mandalorian is fantastic - a simple formula done well.

Boba Fett was not good at all; strangely unwilling to give its lead character much to do in the present day and a story that is single-handedly saved by Mando’s arc in the later episodes. Obi-Wan had some good moments, but it felt like the entire writing team changed after episode 3 and it just wasn’t the kind of character exploration I was hoping to see. I tried some episodes from Visions but they didn’t click with me. I’m really looking forward to Ashoka as I’m a huge fan of Rebels.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did the Mandalorian say to Groku, when feeding him the liquid that comes with fresh mozzarella cheese?

This is the whey.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I like that Andor is showing how the Rebels need to plan out almost every step of the way to attempt to win against the Empire. However, it is kinda boring to see every step. Love we get good looking locations though.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve watched Andor up until episode 8 and I am absolutely hooked. This is a great series. The writing, the plot, the pacing, the atmosphere and dread around it…. I love it all. Can’t wait to finish this season.

Went into this thinking who in the bleep bleep gives a bleep about this character? But man, I’ve done a 180 on this.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on episode 5, and am enjoying it. I found the first 2 episodes plodding, but it has gotten much better.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Andor. Wow. Going to have to rewatch Rogue One now, that’s definitely going to hit different. Dude goes from a little runt to wanting to just get away then ultimately the link to taking down the whole Empire… hell yeah.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Let's slow your roll. He was a key piece of the puzzle but there was other huge factors to make it happen.

I really liked the show. Once he got into the prison it really picked up. The who reveal of what they were actually doing was so God damn scary the writers probably need to be put in jail.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One Way Out was my favorite episode other than the final episode, we got 2 amazing performances from amazing actors and it was just very satisfying to watch

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like season 2 is going to be incredible. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about Andor but after the first couple episodes I was hooked.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 3 of Mandalorian, at least so far, is not nearly as good as the first two were.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I like it, but I think season two spoiled us with Bo, Fett and Luke. At this point, they are establishing the Mandos goal of making Mandalore their home. Curious about the Moff Gideon thing as I wonder if he is alive or he was taken due to failure.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t really got the point of season 3. It seemed like going back to Mandalore was going to be the big quest, and then he goes there in episode 2. Episode 3 has some great dog-fighting action and then pivots entirely to a slow-burn take on how the New Republic’s way of doing things leaves a space for the First Order to grow. It was interesting, but the characters and writing just can’t compare to the complexity and richness of Andor.

I was looking forward to seeing lots of Mandalorians in action, but they seem a bit clueless and inept. They’ve been determined to live on a beach surrounded by giant dangerous creatures. They talk about the foundlings being taken by the creatures as if it’s not a distressing and urgent situation to resolve. Even when going to save Paz Vizsla’s son, they camp overnight! Last week’s episode was probably my favourite of the season in terms of a straight-forward action episode, but it gets a bit silly when you have a Resistance pilot travelling all the way to Coruscant and having a casual chat in an office when the situation on Nevarro looks like it could be over within an hour.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I think the point is rallying the Mandalorians to Mandalore only to Moff Gideon to show up and kill them. I like the idea that Djinn's story is the story of the new Mandalorians but he is not the leader which is fine.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This week’s episode was the best of season 3 by a country mile. Felt like it pulled everything together pretty well, even if the storytelling in the lead-up was so haphazard. It feels like this season has suffered the same problem as recent MCU movies - struggling to balance its own story with the need to set up other shows and potentially the Resistance vs Empire movie that was announced at Star Wars Celebration. This show thrives on a consistent quest and an antagonist looming in the background, so tonight was a big step in the right direction.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Stoked to see Pellaeon finally make it to canon, and actually at Grogu in IG-12 - any parent who's raised a toddler can sympathise.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The director of the next episode tweeted out a very ominous warning about be careful of getting what you want. I don't think Mando is making it out of this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are everyone's thoughts on Ahsoka? I only watched the first episode and I'm loving it already. I have not been let down yet by the Star Wars shows. I know very little of this character and I'm trying not to do any research in case it ruins something the show might reveal but Rosario has always been one of my favorite actresses ever since KIDS so I was already hooked in when she first played the character.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Half way through episode 2 and I'm enjoying everything so far. Fun seeing Rebels cast in live action.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'm obviously going to be onboard with this as ashoka is one of my favorite characters. Was a big fan of rebels so I'm obviously stoked but also probably hyping up to much in my head. Anywho, here is where I'm at.

The good: ray Stevenson is just stealing the show. I may come back and revisit this as I had a dream one night, years ago, about a gray jedi that lived during the clone wars Era. The moment I saw Ray in his gear I popped as he was pretty much identical to the man in my dream. It is a damn shame this man passed as I would love to see him continue this character beyond ashoka. Also, fucking chopper. The chaotic good Droid is living up to my hype so far. It's crazy you can understand him.

The bad : Ashoka, Sabine and hera just don't seem to be really connecting or showing much chemistry together. I can forgive ashoka to a point as she wasn't running with the ghost crew all the time but hera and Sabine should have a very strong sisterly bond and that hasn't shown through just yet. Hopefully we will see this progress as the series goes on.

The ugly: they have basically made qui gon into a bitch at this poijt as the only jedi to die from a lightsaber through the gut. What was once a death blow to all is now a pretty survivable wound with no bacta tank visit required. Bit disappointed in filoni for allowing this kind of crap to happen in his show.

With that said, it may seem I'm bitching but I did love it overall. Some great casting with some of the side characters. Looking forward to seeing more.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt like they went out of their way to show that where Sabine got stabbed was in her side and not somewhere deadly. Qui Gon took it in like the lungs.

I'm a big fan of Rebels. I enjoyed this wasn't over the moon. Like a solid 7 out of 10.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    I felt like they went out of their way to show that where Sabine got stabbed was in her side and not somewhere deadly. Qui Gon took it in like the lungs.

I'm a big fan of Rebels. I enjoyed this wasn't over the moon. Like a solid 7 out of 10.
    I'd have to watch again to see but when you leave a person stabbed with a Saber as a cliffhanger its meant to tease that they could be dead so you tune back in.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh that Obi-Wan show I will not defend. Really I will not defend anything about it in general.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that episode was really good

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    The ugly: they have basically made qui gon into a bitch at this poijt as the only jedi to die from a lightsaber through the gut. What was once a death blow to all is now a pretty survivable wound with no bacta tank visit required. Bit disappointed in filoni for allowing this kind of crap to happen in his show.
    The lightsaber gut shot is like the DDT. Once a feared finisher has been now relegated to a high spot.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just in case I'm right I wanna call my shot

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The music at the end hints at it. I am liking Ahsoka but I think her and Sabine have zero chemistry. Ray Stevens is so good in this. He has a massive presence and is so captivating even though I am not sure what his end goal is.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I would also like to add that no one should survive these lightsaber stabs. Not a fan of it.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Just in case I'm right I wanna call my shot

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Finally caught up on Ahsoka. Really enjoying so far and looking forward to the end.

Nice to see Rebels characters in live action.

And yeah don't get me started on people surviving those stabs from the light sabers

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was fucking great

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah it was!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Dave Filoni promoted to the head of creative at Star Wars. Very good news. He will oversee everything.

The funny part is Disney paid 4 billion dollars to cone back around and give the controls back to Lucas in a way lol.