Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,600 of 4837

Thread: The Star Wars thread

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ron Howard to take over the Han Solo movie.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WOW

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's certainly... a name. He's a solid director but this isn't a hire that makes this movie any more likely to be great, IMO. Not like those Da Vinci Code movies are that great. But it's at least a hire that we know shouldn't ruin the movie either.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't guarantee that. Ron Howard is remarkably hit and miss.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems like a very quick appointment after the sudden departure of Miller and Lord - unless this has been on the horizon quietly for a while. I'm surprised they didn't take time to court other directors and move the release date to Christmas 2018 instead. This film will be far trickier to pull off than Rogue One, as it's such an iconic character to tinker with, so you'd think they give themselves some breathing space after this upheaval. They must be confident, for now, in what's already been filmed and feel that Howard can slide in naturally with the rest of the schedule.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope he narrates the movie

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I can't wait for either Tom Hanks or Jeffrey Tambor to be Han's Father.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tambor telling young Han that there's always money in the Falcon while he accrues a massive debt to a galactic space slug would be marvelous.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just going off of rumors, it sounds like Lord and Miller deserved to get shit-canned.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    What are the rumours?
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's not a story the producers would tell you...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm eager to here Lord and Miller's side of the story, but the rumors are that they tried to make the film into a comedy by having the actors improvise lines.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's a Disney legend. Lord and Miller were directors so powerful and so wise they could influence the script to create improv. They had such knowledge of comedy they could even bring 21 Jump Street back from the dead. It's a pathway to many interpretations of characters some consider unnatural. After The Lego Movie, Lord and Miller became so powerful that the only thing they feared was losing their power, which they eventually, of course, they did. Unfortunately, they taught Han Solo everything they knew, then Lawrence Kasdan got them fired for dicking around with the character. Ironic, they could bring 21 Jump Street back to life, but kill Star Wars...

I don't do tricks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    I'm eager to here Lord and Miller's side of the story, but the rumors are that they tried to make the film into a comedy by having the actors improvise lines.
    A Han Solo film should be a comedy.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    According to the rumors, they didn't understand that Han Solo was supposed to be sarcastic and selfish...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rogerer View Post
    A Han Solo film should be a comedy.
    What are you basing that on? I know you hate franchises and have some form of contempt for people who enjoy established properties, but making a Han Solo origin movie into a goofball comedy like Ace Ventura or 21 Jump Street will just piss people off. Disney and the Star Wars producers are trying to make money and satisfy the fans. If Lord and Miller took liberties with Lawrence Kasdan's script by encouraging the actors to do improv comedy then it's not shocking that they got fired.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Han Solo is a funny character in a specific way...

Last edited by Bill Casey; June 25th, 2017 at 7:45 PM.

I'm Spinning Around! sam_elmendorf's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't recall him saying it should be like Ace or 21 Jump Street. But there should be more humor than a normal SW flick. It is Han Solo after all.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more reports emerging about the departure of Lord and Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hollywood Reporter
    Matters had already reached a boiling point in mid-June when Phil Lord and Chris Miller, co-directors of the still-untitled young Han Solo movie, were in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon but didn’t start shooting until 1 p.m. That day the two used only three different setups — that is, three variations on camera placement — as opposed to the 12 to 15 that Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy had expected, according to sources with knowledge of the situation. Not only was the going slow, but the few angles that had been shot did not provide a wealth of options to use in editing the movie.

This was hardly the first time Kennedy was unhappy with how the film was progressing. And as he looked at dailies from his home in Los Angeles, Lawrence Kasdan — screenwriter, executive producer and keeper of the Stars Wars flame — also was said to be displeased.

Meanwhile, Lord and Miller, the exceptionally successful team behind The Lego Movie and 21 Jump Street, were chafing, too, according to a source close to them. There were "deep fundamental philosophical differences" in filmmaking styles, this person says, and the directors felt they were being given "zero creative freedom." They also felt they were being asked to operate under "extreme scheduling constraints" and "were never given enough days for each scene from the very beginning."

Shortly after the shoot in the Millennium Falcon, on June 20, the world learned that Kennedy — with the backing of Disney studio chief Alan Horn — had taken the extraordinary step of firing Lord and Miller. Obviously, Kennedy knew this would set off a storm of publicity that no one wants or needs in any movie — especially one in the Star Wars universe, where every move is closely watched by a gigantic audience with a sense of ownership. It's rare and undesirable enough to fire any director. Firing established players like Lord and Miller, who have a fan base ready to give them the benefit of any doubt? That shocked Hollywood's most seasoned veterans.

Anxious to avoid an outright rupture, Kennedy is said to have made attempts first to support and eventually to supplant Lord and Miller to some degree, as happened with Gareth Edwards on the troubled Rogue One. In that case, screenwriter Tony Gilroy took on significant duties with the cooperation of Edwards; in this case, sources say, Kennedy attempted to cast Kasdan in that role. Unsurprisingly, Lord and Miller were less accommodating than Edwards, still a novice, had been. Lord and Miller declined to comment, as did Kennedy.

As soon as shooting got underway, insiders say, it started to become clear that Kennedy’s stated intention of hiring directors who would put their own spin on Star Wars movies had led to a mismatch. Some insiders say that while the talent of Lord and Miller is undeniable, nothing in their background prepared them for a movie of this size and scope. These sources say they relied too heavily on the improvisational style that served them so well in live-action comedy and animation but does not work on a set with hundreds of crewmembers waiting for direction.

“You have to make decisions much earlier than what they’re used to,” one of these sources say. “I don’t know if it’s because there were two of them but they were not decisive.” Production department heads began to complain. While the pair appeared to listen when told of festering problems, this person says their approach did not change.

But the source close to Lord and Miller acknowledges they have always worked in an improvisational style and not just to add comedic elements. "They collaborate closely with their actors and give them creative freedom that, in their experience, brings out the actors' best performances," this person says. "Lawrence Kasdan would not allow this and demanded that every line was said word for word. To appease him and the studio, Lord and Miller would do several takes exactly as written and then shoot additional takes."

Matters were coming to a head in May as the production moved from London to the Canary Islands. Lucasfilm replaced editor Chris Dickens (Macbeth) with Oscar-winner Pietro Scalia, a veteran of Ridley Scott films including Alien: Covenant and The Martian. And, not entirely satisfied with the performance that the directors were eliciting from Rules Don't Apply star Alden Ehrenreich, Lucasfilm decided to bring in an acting coach. (Hiring a coach is not unusual; hiring one that late in production is.) Lord and Miller suggested writer-director Maggie Kiley, who worked with them on 21 Jump Street.

When Kennedy felt that these measures did not get the production on track, she asked Kasdan to come to London. Kasdan is said also to have been unhappy with the limited shots and displeased that Lord and Miller were calling out lines for the actors to try from behind the monitor rather than sticking with the script that he had written in collaboration with his son. (Lord and Miller had input on the script before shooting began.) “As a writer, producer and part of Star Wars world, you get on a plane when that happens,” says a person with knowledge of the situation.

But Lord and Miller were not prepared to have Kasdan become a shadow director. With an impasse reached, Kennedy finally pulled the trigger.

Stepping in to replace directors who have been fired is not something that many filmmakers would want to do. Probably Howard is one of the few who could and would — at least, in this particular set of circumstances. Insiders say he was concerned about how Lord and Miller would react and has been emailing with them; another source says the two have been “very supportive, very elegant.” Howard arrives in London on June 26 and shooting, which began in February and was supposed to be completed in July, will continue into the first week of September as Howard captures new material. Still, an insider says much of what Lord and Miller shot will be “very usable.”
    Clearly the powers-that-be have certain parameters that they expect from a Star Wars movie, which begs the question of why they hired Lord and Miller given their style of directing. I think these stand-alones should have enough of the typical DNA of the Episodes, while offering something a little different in terms of character or story. Rogue One achieved that by showing us a different side of the Rebels and having an expendable crew. But it's going to be much harder to find that balance when you have millions of fans ready to shit on the depiction of a younger Han Solo if it doesn't live up to the original character.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a really nice behind the scenes reel from The Last Jedi which has me pumped for the film - I'm really interested to see how they handle Luke. From all of the comments about the film going in a different direction than expected, and Hamill rowing back from his criticism of how the character was portrayed, it feels like there could be more shades of grey than we're used to in this universe.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daisy Ridley saying Johnson has written a story that's unexpected, but right, has me all hyped for the film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Daisy alone has me hyped!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    New pics of ep VIII Snoke and Luke...
    http://www.outerplaces.com/science-f...ke-mark-hamill

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    So, we're getting an Obi Wan Kenobi film.

If they set it shortly after ROTS and Ewan McGregor stars, I'm absolutely keen as for this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i read an article today about it being discussed, but not confirmed yet.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Snoke looks like Goldmember ended up in a "tips from former smokers" commercial...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm very eager to see how Rebels treats Obi-Wan. I saw the trailer for this season, but I still haven't seen Season 3.

That said, I'm excited about a stand alone Obi-Wan movie. Ewan has aged to the point where it won't be moments after Episode III. I think it'd be kinda cool if they could get Joel Edgerton back to play Uncle Owen. They could show why he isn't a big fan of him at the start of Episode IV.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Rebels does a tremendous job with ever character they use. It is just really really good.

The obi wan and Darth maul conclusion was fantastic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's a redemption story then I'd be open to it, you know a movie about a man struggling with his faith. His friend turns out to be Hitler, the galaxy is in shambles, and he has to live out his days in the sticks because he's numero uno on the Empire's most wanted list. Not exactly the life he had envisioned for himself. Akin to Logan perhaps to compare it to another film of its kind. It will also be refreshing to follow an older protagonist in Star Wars. An antidote to Hollywood's ageism too.

It would be ideal to keep him away from Vader, for obvious reasons, but maybe they could have a brief scene where Vader arrives at Jabba's palace to question him about Ben's presence on Tatooine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Topps Trading Cards has released a checklist for it's upcoming set of The Last Jedi trading cards. Gave away some shit. Reminds me of when the soundtrack for The Phantom Menace came out giving away that
    character dies. Just in case anyone new hasn't seen the damn thing yet and get's all over my case.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone heard the suggestion that Han killed himself in Force Awakens? The theory is that he knew his son couldn't do what needed to be done so he did it for him. The theory states you don't actually see who turns on the saber but it looked like Han actually did it and not Kylo. I have to say....It's not exactly a wild theory.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_elmendorf View Post
    So Topps Trading Cards has released a checklist for it's upcoming set of The Last Jedi trading cards. Gave away some shit. Reminds me of when the soundtrack for The Phantom Menace came out giving away that
    character dies. Just in case anyone new hasn't seen the damn thing yet and get's all over my case.
    FFS. The same thing happened when Wizards of the Coast did Episode II for their crappy ccg and had a card showing Dooku cutting up Anakin.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Has anyone heard the suggestion that Han killed himself in Force Awakens? The theory is that he knew his son couldn't do what needed to be done so he did it for him. The theory states you don't actually see who turns on the saber but it looked like Han actually did it and not Kylo. I have to say....It's not exactly a wild theory.
    My read of the scene is Kylo offered up his weapon so Han would try to take it from him, giving Kylo a reason to kill him...
    The lighting is interesting. The bridge is producing red light, while the nearby star is producing blue light. So there's a mix of red and blue light in the scene, up until the star killer base eats the star, which leaves only red light, and then Kylo kills Han...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't give JJ any ideas to do a fucking "Lucas" and do a special edition with Han killing himself to try to save Kylo. Anyone with half a brain can clearly see that the saber is in Kylo's hands and Han's hands are not on it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, Han has that look of shock like he shit himself.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm certain that scene is meant to be like the Vader redemption scene from Return of the Jedi, only Kylo chooses the other path...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New trailer for the final season of Rebels.

Great to see X-Wings finally make it into the show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Looks good and yet another hint of Ezra feeling tempted by the dark side.

Bit strange he found some dire wolves though.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Episode IX director is out now as well. Interesting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Treverrow's The Book of Henry bombed critically and financially. I imagine that played a part in him getting the axe.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I threw my hat in for the job. Here's hoping

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They'll probably bring Johnson back for IX.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Time for Spielberg to finally get his shot.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'd be quite happy if they gave dave filoni a shot

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love for Spielberg to do Star Wars with Kennedy/Williams. And cast Richard Dreyfuss as a General.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Johnson scores big with Episode 8, I think it would make sense for him to continue. I could only see Spielberg doing one of the standalone films, rather than jumping into the franchise with existing characters and stories to navigate. I'm sure he could put his foot down and get Williams to score it.

Quite the pattern developing now. Josh Trank didn't get to shoot anything, Lord and Miller were dismissed like Trevorrow and they apparently brought in Tomy Gilroy over the head of Gareth Edwards. There should be scrutiny of these films to ensure the best quality, but again I question why they go for these people in the first place when it seems like they feel more comfortable with a safer pair of hands.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Treverrow's The Book of Henry bombed critically and financially. I imagine that played a part in him getting the axe.
    I always thought it was a bit strange that they announced him so far in advance. If they don't give it to Rian Johnson, I'd like to see someone like Denis Villeneuve or Alex Garland. You know somebody that has proven that they can do good serious Sci-Fi.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think they'll go back to Rian Johnson. Villeneuve and Garland are phenomenal, but I don't see them participating in a franchise that appears to be so micromanaged.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I think they'll go back to Rian Johnson. Villeneuve and Garland are phenomenal, but I don't see them participating in a franchise that appears to be so micromanaged.
    True, but if Johnson doesn't want to come back it would be good if they chose a director out of left field.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlon Dingle View Post
    True, but if Johnson doesn't want to come back it would be good if they chose a director out of left field.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Beer-Belly; September 7th, 2017 at 4:35 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    If all else fails they should just bring Lucas back to direct Episode IX.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am not opposed to letting George at least write the story. It would at least be new instead of a rehash.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I am not opposed to letting George at least write the story. It would at least be new instead of a rehash.
    Every report is suggesting that Rian Johnson's script is massively different and extremely interesting.

I hope they throw tons of cash and get him to continue.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I think they sorta announced Rian is going to stay on to direct.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I think they sorta announced Rian is going to stay on to direct.
    Source?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They've said it was a possibility. Noting announced, "sorta" or otherwise.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    J.J. Abrams to write and direct Episode 9.

http://www.starwars.com/news/j-j-abr...c%7C1069686719

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    ​Shit.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I guess this means we'll get another Death Star?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I'm fine with that. The guy created these characters let him finish the story.
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, another Death Star.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think this is great news. As Mikehunt said, he knows these characters and can build on what Rian does in order to bring their arcs to a fitting conclusion. Much easier for him than someone else jumping in and having to shoulder the weight of two other directors' work.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Great news. I was hoping if it weren't Rian Johnson, it'd be JJ.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I guess this means we'll get another Death Star?
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Yep, another Death Star.
    Ewoks, duh. Rey and Finn will be brother and sister that will have teased incest in episode 7 & 8, Luke be a force ghost (dies in 8 by Rey's hands) that will help Kylo turn and save the day as the newest generation of whiny skywalker kids but will die saving Rey much like his grandfather did for Luke. (God, Kylo really worships that Vader) Han Solo will inexplicably appear as a force ghost at the end with Luke, Anakin, Yoda, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Kylo and Leia. Rey will rub her belly at the end, indicating she is pregnant (BUT BY WHO) that will send the SWJ into a rampage. The next trilogy will follow Rey's grown child.
    Last edited by virmicious; September 12th, 2017 at 3:22 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    Great news. I was hoping if it weren't Rian Johnson, it'd be JJ.
    I'm guessing Johnson just didn't have the energy to do another massive production immediately after wrapping TLJ with a bit less time than before. I'd be willing to bet Johnson tried to get an extension before passing, couldn't get it, and ultimately decided to pass. Wouldn't be surprised if they nab him to kick off the next trilogy in a few years' time.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Episode IX is now delayed to December 2019. I'm fine with Star Wars being a Christmas franchise nowadays, especially as Marvel bring the goods in the summer, and it gives JJ more time to prepare for and shoot the film.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Yeah I have no problem with this as well. This has pretty much been the timeline between movies anyways. Besides, the filler movies will be there not to mention Rebels for this upcoming year. So plenty of Star Wars to keep people busy really.

Be crazy excited if they get the Obi Wan movie out in 2019 as well but I don't see that happening. That will probably be the Christmas flick of 2020.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I love Star Wars in December. This also means more time for JJ to make a great movie. I've enjoyed watching TFA and R1 during the Christmas period. I wouldn't mind if they'd move Solo to December too. I mean, I guess they wanted Star Wars closer to May 4th, but still there was no reason to have two massive blockbusters from the same company that close together.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    Rey will rub her belly at the end, indicating she is pregnant (BUT BY WHO) that will send the SWJ into a rampage.
    This one sounds more like Colin Trevorrow...

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I'm not going to watch the trailer, because I mean, I know I'm going to see the movie anyways and want to limit my spoilers

But here is the new poster

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New trailer is fire

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I have an overwhelming feeling of dread after this trailer both for the characters I love and the for the fact it looks like they are doing ESB with a twist.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Trailer looked great. Now I don’t need to see anything until opening day.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    HYPE!!!! HYPE!!!!!
    TAPS AFF!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Absolutely fantastic. Gonna buy my tickets today.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a good pretty good job avoiding most if not all trailers for Force Awakens and after hearing the trailer might give away too much, I have to do my best to avoid watching. Even on t.v. I was able to just turn the channel real quick haha. Star Wars is something that I wouldn't say I'm a big fanboy over like I am with Batman but it's still one of those things that takes me back to the earliest memories of my childhood.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing trailer. It actually shows a lot but leans heavily on misdirection and clever editing to make you think certain characters are talking or referring to each other. The scene with Finn and the explosions around him looks incredible. I think the Leia scenes are going to be harder to watch than I expected.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Last part with Ren and Rey definitely seems edited together. I'm guessing Rey is actually talking to ol' Luke. Chewie's face looks to be somewhat CGI there next to the screaming Pokemon, not a fan of that.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Last part with Ren and Rey definitely seems edited together. I'm guessing Rey is actually talking to ol' Luke. Chewie's face looks to be somewhat CGI there next to the screaming Pokemon, not a fan of that.
    Yea...I am not sure why Chewie looks worse than the CGI character. It was a perfect look in 1977 why change it around. Fucking Kathleen Kennedy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    They'll probably CGI Chewie's face at times so that it can show more expression, the furry mask is somewhat limited in that aspect I guess. Not a fan of it at all though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Yeah giving a character that's been around for 40 years new facial expressions reminds me of when they gave R2 a load of new tricks to do in ROTS.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    UPDATE: The director has confirmed that Chewie's face isn't CG in that shot.

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/stat...09292810698752

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I kind of expect Finn to defeat Captain Phasma, Rey to fall to the dark side, and Finn vs. Rey in the third film, before Rey turns good again...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't know what I expected the Porgs legs to look like...

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    I kind of expect Finn to defeat Captain Phasma, Rey to fall to the dark side, and Finn vs. Rey in the third film, before Rey turns good again...
    I am down for getting rid of some of the villians. I am not sure why none of them bought it in 7. Someone needs to find the costume director of the OT and hire their old ass back if that is the best they can do with Chewie. Even prequel Lucas didn't fuck around with that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On fifth view... I think the last scene with Kylo and Rey is two different scenes edited together. But... I think Snoke is talking to Rey, not Kylo which means he discarded him for her.

But then again what happens to Luke while that's going on?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am down for getting rid of some of the villians. I am not sure why none of them bought it in 7.
    It would have been a huge shame if Captain Phasma hadn't come back, as she's basically the perfectly constructed antagonist for Finn...
    It would have been Han Solo and Boba Fett all over again...

Kylo Ren has too much baggage with Luke and Leia to waste by killing him, and Snoke is just a hologram...

They could have killed Hux...
    Hux is pretty disposable...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 11th, 2017 at 9:50 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    UPDATE: The director has confirmed that Chewie's face isn't CG in that shot.

https://twitter.com/rianjohnson/stat...09292810698752
    That's strange, there's definitely something very unnatural going on with his face, fur and eyes in that shot.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I don't know what I expected the Porgs legs to look like...

That's pretty hilarious. I'm not a fan of funny, furry, cute characters in SW usually but I kind of like that.. thing. Looks like they crossed a seal and a chicken with an Easter egg.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I think they are supposed to be partially based on Puffins, which are native to Skellig Islands where they filmed the scenes for Luke's hidey-hole.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    It would have been a huge shame if Captain Phasma hadn't come back, as she's basically the perfectly constructed antagonist for Finn...
    It would have been Han Solo and Boba Fett all over again...

Kylo Ren has too much baggage with Luke and Leia to waste by killing him, and Snoke is just a hologram...

They could have killed Hux...
    Hux is pretty disposable...
    Hux being alive is weird other than he went to save Kylo. I mean legit anyone there could have done that. The fact they are making figures for him and on the poster, I guess means more of him which is fine I guess. I just want at least one of them gone in this movie, if they all survive to nine while some of the heroes die makes no sense to me.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If Hux had died in The Force Awakens, wouldn't you complain that he is the Tarkin of the movie? Evil Army guy with a super weapon who goes down with the ship after talking down to the someone who uses the dark side of the force. I feel like there is a lot of complaining for complaining's sake.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new commercial from the world series tonight. HYPE.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hux being alive is weird other than he went to save Kylo. I mean legit anyone there could have done that. The fact they are making figures for him and on the poster, I guess means more of him which is fine I guess. I just want at least one of them gone in this movie, if they all survive to nine while some of the heroes die makes no sense to me.
    I kind of expect Phasma to go down in style here...
    Especially if Rey does a temporary heel turn...

Phasma's duel with her former subordinate should be appropriately epic...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; November 2nd, 2017 at 1:40 AM.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Rey shot at the end is almost certainly reversed, she's lowering it not raising it

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rian Johnson will be given his own new trilogy after episode 9. It will not be about the Skywalkers but new characters. Safe to say they like what he did with The Last Jedi. He will write/direct the first movie.

I'm excited for Last Jedi but how many Star Wars movies is too many?

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand the question.

I would watch infinity Star Wars movies.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I'm with Cewsh. I loved these movies since I first saw them when I was younger. The fact that I'm getting continuations of their stories and new stories is still awesome to me. I'm not even close to being sick of them yet. I can't wait for TLJ.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there are diminishing returns. If we have 10 Star Wars movies over a 13 year span, that's probably too many.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not if they keep being awesome.

Still not sick of Marvel movies.