Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Star Wars thread

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quit talking about Shit Trek in here you fucks. I am sure there is some shit thread buried on these forums for you trekkies somewhere.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4"]YouTube- Star Trek vs. Star Wars[/ame]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Majeek Morri View Post
    here's the deleted scene from rotj that they showed at the celebration and announcement:

YouTube- Return of the Jedi Missing Lightsaber Scene

i'm not even a huge star wars fan and that was just cool as shit to see.
    What was this? Clip has been removed from Youtube.

Anyways, something super geeky yet pretty fun, Toy Wars:

Part 1
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjZZ_EvbFz4"]YouTube- Toy Wars: Part 1 by Sillof[/ame]

Part 2
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igsdxCwW7lQ&feature=related"]YouTube- Toy Wars: Part 2 by Sillof[/ame]

Part 3
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFd4nhWyGP0&feature=related"]YouTube- Toy Wars: Part 3 by Sillof[/ame]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    What was this? Clip has been removed from Youtube.
    The new DVDs are to have a few deleted scenes from the original trilogy. That was one, demonstrated at Celebration this yet. Here's another link:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0kj-8tTYII"]YouTube- Return of the Jedi Missing Lightsaber Scene HD[/ame]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I found it on Youtube, thanks anyway.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Just watched Adywans ''Star Wars revisited'' edition of ANH and I must say that I really enjoyed it. I'm happy that he removed some of the shitty, unnecessary scenes/edits from the SE version, mainly Greedo shoots first, Rontos walking in front of the camera and that silly fight between the big robot and the little flying droid that is taunting it. Didn't mind the Jabba/Han, Docking Bay 94 scene being removed either, as it was unfortunately poorly done, Han stepping on Jabba's tail was too much Walt Disney® for me anyway.

The new additions to the Death star/Yavin battle was really well done too.

Also (finally) got my hands on that damn elusive ''Phantom Edit'' as well. I liked it more than the original version (I pretty much prefer diarrhea to TPM though). The editing was well done but I think he should have tweaked and removed even more goofy/Anakin/Jar-Jar stuff.

About to watch ''Attack of the Phantom'' and is also looking forward to The Empire Strikes Back revisited in 2011.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd like to see the Phantom Edit, but have never really gone through the trouble of tracking it down. With ANH, I'm happy with the second DVD version of it I bought—the one where the second disc is the original theatrical release. Doesn't even say Episode IV in the opening crawl.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    The Phantom Edit was way better than the original. All of Jar-Jar's slapstick, fart jokes etc. has been removed. The Pod Race is shorter (thank the maker..) and the entire monster fish eating monster fish sequence is gone too. Darth Maul's ''wrong handed'' force push has been removed as well. All of Anakin's silly ''YIPPEE!!'' screams and stuff has been edited out. Amazingly enough there's quite a decent movie hidden underneath all the old man Lucas unecessary fluff and stuff.

I watched another version of TPM yesterday that had removed all of Jar-Jar's English dialogue and replaced it with an subtitled alien language, same for Boss-Nass, the Gungans and the Nemoidians. He had also removed the Battle Droids silly English Cartoon Network voices and replaced them with the same alien language as Nute Gunray and co was talking. Worked much better.

Jar-Jar's subtitled dialogue is changed and it gives him an entirely new persona. For example, instead of thanking Obi-Wan for saving him in their first scene he claims that it was him that saved Kenobi, he's more of an arrogant imbecille instead of a cluelsess, clumsy imbecille so to speak. He is also reluctant to bring the Jedi down to Gungan City since Gungans hate the humans that have stolen a precious crystal of theirs. That ties in nicely to the ending celebration where Padme gives it back to them.

I would love to see what Adywan could do with the prequels though.

There are edited versions of Episode I-III by some guy named ''ADigitalMan'', they are supposedly very good and I would love to get my hands on them..

Here are some of the changes to TPM for example:
    1. New episode name "A Vergence in the Force"
    2. New crawl (Thanks to Darth Editous!!!)
    3. References to Amidala being an elected Queen of Naboo have been removed. Amidala is simply a young queen of a democratic constitutional monarchy, much like Great Britain's government.
    4. Jar-Jar's slapstick has been largely removed throughout the movie
    5. Anakin's childishness has largely been removed throughout the movie
    6. Boss Nass' strange tics have been removed
    7. There are no fart jokes or poop jokes
    8. No friggin' midichlorians.
    9. Deleted scenes restored or partially restored include:
    * Waterfall sequence
    * Dawn before the race
    * Extended Lap 2
    * Anakin fighting Greedo
    * Probe Droid following Qui-Gon and Anakin out of town - Earlier probe sequence was shifted here as well
    10. Some extraneous bits of the Podrace sequence were removed.
    11. Music added behind the podrace to heighten the tension.
    12. Ask Aak's line is now in Malastarian and subtitled to match his lines in Episode II.
    13. Jar Jar is not made a General. He simply fights alongside his fellow Gungans.
    14. A significant piece of the Gungan battle is removed due to Jar Jar's antics. It is edited seamlessly without detriment to the story.
    15. Anakin's ship is not on autopilot as he goes of to destroy the control ship. All all of his actions are deliberate.
    Not a fan of the Theed waterfall scene though, I'd rather see it stay out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, so they took out a bunch of good and/or appropriate stuff too? O_0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I hate midichlorians, it doesn't really work if you remove the discussions about them because of Episode III. The moment Palpatine brings up the power to manipulate midichlorians to create life, a new problem would arise in that you'd be wondering what the fuck midichlorians are and why the PT didn't explain them. Of course the Phantom Edit was made before ROTS came out.

Also, the new episode title is awful. The Phantom Menace is a perfect title.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replace the word midichlorians with force in Palpatine's dialogue. Problem solved.

Hell is for Heroes Second City Saint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Greedo/Anakin bit was incredibly stupid, why must the characters' paths cross multiple times? Also wasn't a fan of Chewbacca in RotS if you can't tell.

Goldie, how many times have I told you guys that I don't want no horsing around on the airplane?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After Episode I, I was terrified for two films that Lucas was going to put Han Solo in as an annoying, drippy nosed little wanker of a child.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Atty! View Post
    Replace the word midichlorians with force in Palpatine's dialogue. Problem solved.
    A fan edit of that would no doubt be amateurish and thus drive me up the wall. Though if Lucas had forgone the midichlorians and wrote "the force" during that episode III dialogue, everything would have been fine.

After Episode I, I was terrified for two films that Lucas was going to put Han Solo in as an annoying, drippy nosed little wanker of a child.
    A young Han Solo was in early drafts of Episode III and had sketches made up. Thankfully it never went further then that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are edited versions of Episode I-III by some guy named ''ADigitalMan'', they are supposedly very good and I would love to get my hands on them.
    If you are ever able to track them down, I'd love to see them too.

I don't have a problem with The Phantom Menace as a title, though. It's fine, and probably the best title of the prequels. Just old fashioned enough to seem like a serial kind of title while not being overly hokey like Attack of the Clones. Revenge of the Sith is fine, of course, but mostly works due to what we already know about the end of the saga, and just doesn't sound as cool to me.

Anyway, you have probably all heard the news by now that Lucas has officially announced he plans to release the whole saga in 3D, starting with TPM in 2012. I'm excited, but it will likely be a good few years before we see what everyone wants to see - the Death Star Trench Run in 3D. And I'm not sure it's possible to make Attack of the Clones 3D. There wasn't any depth to it at all the first time...

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The title of Phantom Menace was the best thing about it.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only prequel title I have any issue with is Attack of the Clones. I'd rather it be Send in the Clones or something that admits it's comedy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Attack of the Bearded Old Man With a Fetish For Computers and Corsets?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Clone Wars would have been a better title. Or The Dark Times. Thematically, at least. Then a complete script rewrite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A Dark Force Rises would have made a good title. There was a video game called Dark Force Rising though, but at least it would be all in the star wars family.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManGang View Post
    As much as I hate midichlorians, it doesn't really work if you remove the discussions about them because of Episode III. The moment Palpatine brings up the power to manipulate midichlorians to create life, a new problem would arise in that you'd be wondering what the fuck midichlorians are and why the PT didn't explain them. Of course the Phantom Edit was made before ROTS came out.
    Episode III Edits:

1. Things added:
    * New crawl, once again thanks to the programming genius of Darth Editous. This takes care of important expository elements that were missing.
    * Battle droids & Nemoidian captain voices modulated to sound deeper and less silly.
    * Death of Shaak-Ti (trimmed to remove redundancy) / Escape through the fuel cells (trimmed considerably)
    * Palpatine refers to Dooku as Lord Tyrannus when he enters the room (as his mouth movements originally suggest)
    * Plot to destroy the Jedi deleted scene (trimmed considerably to remove redundancy)
    * The three Birth of the Rebellion scenes with Padme, Bail Organa and Mon Mothma (among others)
    * The Emperor tells Mas Amedda to "Leave us" explaining why he just walked out of the room after Yoda gets zapped.
    * Three voiceovers with Qui Gon speaking to / with Yoda taken from Liam Neeson's body of work.
    * Yoda's exile to Dagobah scene (incorporating the final Qui Gon moment)
    2. Things removed:
    * The lines about "Vulture Droids" and "Buzz Droids" during the Battle of Coruscant (it was bad exposition).
    * Artoo slamming into a wall.
    * Palpatine's cheesy "yes" removed from the fight with Darth Tyrannus.
    * Jar Jar's one "Excuse me" line, which was a cheesy out-of-place lift from Ep I.
    * Anakin & Padme's balcony scene
    * References to Amidala as a Senator.
    * NO FRIGGIN' MIDICHLORIANS (TM)
    * Palpatine kvetching about being too weak to fight.
    * Anakin second guessing himself about which side to choose and again after Mace's fate. Removing the "what have I done?" sequence that weakens his transformation.
    * Padme dying from losing the will to live.
    * Vader's "Noooooo" shortened and breathing effect added

Haha, just noticed the PG. Recommended for persons under 15 years.
    Last edited by OD50; September 29th, 2010 at 3:16 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These edits sound awful.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Maybe, maybe not. The Phantom edit and Attack of the Edit were both way better than the originals so I'm willing to give these a shot too.

I'm hard at work trying to figure out how to get ADM's episode 1 right now, damn file is 4.36 Gb and I'm not 100% I'm doing it the right way. Weirdest way I have ever downloaded something..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManGang View Post
    These edits sound awful.
    Why so? They generally sound fine to me, tightening the film's sloppiness which goes a long way to improving the overall experience, and adding in stuff that should never have been seen as extraneous in the first place.

I don't get why there seems to be a need to remove references to Amidala as a Senator. Her senate status provides a nice link to Leia and the eventual dissolution of the Senate in A New Hope.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She's the Queen of Naboo...
    She doesn't need to be an elected representative...
    She's a fucking Queen...

It's a Saga... a Fairy Tale... A Folkloric Adventure...
    Swords and Sorcery in Space...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; September 29th, 2010 at 4:26 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    For completion, here's ADM's AOTC version.

Cuts removed/added/extended:

1. New episode name "Path to the Dark Side"
    2. New crawl, and the shot pans down (thanks to Darth Editous!!!)
    3. Deleted scenes restored or partially restored include:
    * Padme Addresses the Senate
    * Jedi Analysis Droids
    * Padme's parents house. It is important to note that this is not incongruous with Padme ascending to the throne at such an early age. Even in the unedited scene, nowhere does Padme introduce the man as her father. It is assumed that the Queen Mum is now remarried.
    * Padme's Bedroom is partially restored
    * Obi-Wan and Mace in the Jedi Hangar (The similar scene with Yoda has been removed).
    * Count Dooku trying to persuade Amidala to join the Separatists
    * Trial and Sentencing of Padme and Anakin (with new subtitles)
    4. References to Amidala as a senator have been removed. Amidala is still Queen of Naboo, and she has focused on leading the opposition to the Galactic Senate's Military Creation Act. It is intimated that Jar Jar is actually the Senator from Naboo. All references to Queen Jamilla have been removed.
    5. Zam's subplot of being a changeling is removed because it went nowhere. The Kamino Saber Dart thus becomes that much more lethal a weapon, based on the instant mummification effect it has on Zam.
    6. Lots of bad dialogue has been cut or trimmed. Especially:
    * The "Elevator" scene introducing Obi-Wan and Anakin
    * Jar Jar greeting Obi-Wan and Anakin
    * Some of Anakin's dialogue during the speeder chase. His actions are deliberate now.
    * Padme handing over the reins to Jar Jar
    * "At least we have Artoo with us … (laughter)"
    * "I hate sand …"
    * Boba Fett's snicker
    * "I'm a Jedi … I know I'm better than this."
    * Anakin pouring his heart out to Padme in front of the fire. This has been trimmed down to a more effective speech, helping to show the tension they both feel. It's clear that there is romantic tension between the two of them without this dreadfully awful soliloquy.
    7. Much of Anakin's whineyness and awkwardness has also been removed throughout the movie. Some Specifics:
    * Beautiful, especially for a Senator, etc etc.
    * "It's not fair …"
    * "He's jealous …"
    * Riding around on that big tick thing in the field and rolling around in the heather with Padme.
    * Shots of his dream about his mother are inserted into his nightmare sequence to break up the awkwardness of this shot without losing its purpose. Doesn't quite look like he's jerking off in bed to thoughts of his mother anymore.
    8. The Geonosian Archdukes's subtitles have been rewritten for effectiveness and faster reading.
    9. Dooku's alliance with Sidious is not revealed until their scene together at the end. Little bits of dialogue before this about "my master" have been removed. For that matter, his being a Sith is not revealed until his saber is fired up (assuming you judge a Sith by his saber color). This all leaves for some mystery about Dooku's intentions until the big reveal with Sidious at the end

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    In Attack of the Edit there was this great scene on Naboo where Anakin and Padme meets Padme's parents, sister and nice(s?). It was five character building minutes way better spent than having Anakin riding around on a giant tick in the meadows, complete with B-level CGI.

I didn't even know that the dinner with parents and sister scene existed. Maybe I haven't bothered looking through the DVD extras hard enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah its on the extras I got on my Episode II dvd.

Much like the scene with Mon Mothma its a good scene that should never have been deleted

Who watches the... Dodgy Browne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    George Lucas is reportedly set on re-releasing all six films in the "Star Wars" franchise with new 3D conversions in 2012 says the trades.

Fox will release the 3D versions starting early 2012 with "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace". Each subsequent film will be released annually around the same date over consecutive years.

Lucasfilm is taking at least a full year with each conversion and will use several higher-end conversion houses to work on the project. The reason for the 2012 release of the first film is that Lucas is waiting for enough 3D screens being available to create a 'huge event'.

Lucas purportedly is lining up the re-releases as a lead-in to the ultimate home-viewing experience as home 3D TV technology is being perfected in coming years. This won't affect Lucas' plans for a comprehensive 2D Blu-ray Disc set of the six films next year.

Source: http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/183...3d-re-releases

Yay! Jar Jar in 3D!

I really can't be psyched for this.
    Why not Star Wars 7, -1, or The Old Republic or something else new?
    How many Star Wars versions do we need?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Casey View Post
    She's the Queen of Naboo...
    She doesn't need to be an elected representative...
    She's a fucking Queen...

It's a Saga... a Fairy Tale... A Folkloric Adventure...
    Swords and Sorcery in Space...
    She's not the queen of Naboo anymore, and it was made clear in Episode I and the supplemental material that being queen was an elected position. Don't ask me why George Lucas decided to have an elected 14 year old queen in his swords and sorcery and fart jokes in space saga, but he did, and he also had a senate involved long before that bright idea.

Still, now that I know the whole elected queen thing was excised from the new edit of Episode II, it obviously makes sense to remove references to her as a Senator from Episode III.

In Attack of the Edit there was this great scene on Naboo where Anakin and Padme meets Padme's parents, sister and nice(s?). It was five character building minutes way better spent than having Anakin riding around on a giant tick in the meadows, complete with B-level CGI.

I didn't even know that the dinner with parents and sister scene existed. Maybe I haven't bothered looking through the DVD extras hard enough.
    I love that scene. It actually gives Padme's character... character, and provides an indication as to why she suddenly decided to succumb to Anakin. I never bought that she was genuinely in love with him, but she was a career-driven woman who had never really had a childhood and now was seeing her chance at a family life slipping by as she strove to make the galaxy a better place while it clearly kept getting worse. Seeing her sister so happy with her own children was a big nudge in Anakin's direction, and the novellisation demonstrated that quite well, so it was disappointing it was cut from the film and she just appeared to randomly fall for his 'charm' after telling him to back off while spilling out of her dress.
    Last edited by The_Mike; September 29th, 2010 at 6:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Mike View Post
    Why so? They generally sound fine to me, tightening the film's sloppiness which goes a long way to improving the overall experience, and adding in stuff that should never have been seen as extraneous in the first place.

Many of these edits are deleting dialogue in scenes which in turn deletes portions of the score. Sharp cuts to the music can be fairly distracting and I already believe the PT has too many of such edits because Lucas nitpicked every scene until the release of each film. I'm sure that they try their best to reduce the impact, but lets face it its not going to be completely smooth. In my mind its like trading one bad thing for another.

Then you have stuff like adding back Anakin fighting Greedo because the Star Wars universe needed to be even smaller?

Some of the deleted scenes they added back in where somewhat incomplete anyways. Lucas only gave us half of Padme's speech to the Senate on the dvd and they didn't exactly finish it for the dvd in terms of cgi polishing. So I'd rather that quality stay deleted.

I see they took the panning up at the start of AOTC out so that it can pan down...why?

Like you said, they completely edited out her being an elected Queen and then to keep with that continuity end up editing a crap load of stuff in AOTC to pretend she's still Queen.

It's just a bunch of stuff that if you do not agree with everything they've done becomes a "what's the point" if it just succeeds as much as it fails. Where I might agree with an edit here and there, I do not agree with all of what they've done and thus its simpler to just stick with the original.

The edits to me sound just as awful as some of the films.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like it's going to take a long time until we see all 6 Star Wars films in 3D, if they're only being released annually. If everything stays on schedule, Return of the Jedi won't be out until 2018. I guess by then, the 3D home experience will have largely taken over from HD TVs, unless the whole thing is a flop and we go back to the odd film in cinemas being released in 3D. I still think the whole 3D TV drive is rather hasty, given that many people are still in the process from switching from standard definition to high definition.

I'm glad it doesn't affect the plans to release the films on Blu-Ray, though. I can't wait for that.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3D won't take off properly for another decade. The technology companies will push it, especially Sony (who have already upgraded the PS3 to be 3D compatible) but until it can be watched without the glasses it isn't going to take off.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don't ask me why George Lucas decided to have an elected 14 year old queen in his swords and sorcery and fart jokes in space saga
    I think it was an attempt to be politically correct...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure I follow. The OT had two female power figures in Leia, a princess and leading figure in the Rebellion and Mon Mothma, the actual Rebel Alliance leader. I don't think there was any particular pressure on Lucas that having a teenage girl 'elected' to the position of queen would smooth over.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There wasn't any pressure on Lucas to have Greedo shoot first either...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 1st, 2010 at 5:32 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but what I mean is, I don't see what makes Queen Amidala politically correct. Is it that she is a girl? Because that was going to happen anyway. Or is it the idea that she 'earned' her position thus making her a stronger character?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's the idea that "Monarchies are bad"...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see. It seems a rather random thing to want to be politically correct about in the same film we have Watto being a big nosed, tight fisted schyster, especially since it didn't appear to be a problem to him that Leia be a princess, but Lucas did seem to get a bit random when making the prequels.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monarchies might be bad, but electing 14 year olds to run your planet is a bit awkward. Is Sio Bibble saying he couldn't run Naboo better than her?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She won on a platform of hope and change because old white men ruined the Naboo economy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet she couldn't sell one statue in Theed to buy Shmi out of slavery. Politics as usual I say. I wonder if her volunteer army volunteered to pick up all of the broken battle droids.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not her fault the Gungans became the Party of "No-sa".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's gonna need them since their defense budget obviously isn't shot to shit like the Naboo.

Volunteers won't be stopping this fella when he's climbing the waterfall screaming no taxation without representation.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a member of the Sea Party.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So long as he isn't a birther. Anakin would have to watch out.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Okay, I just looked this up...
    But apparently the "Monarch of Naboo" is elected every four years and serves a maximum of two terms...

Is that even a King or Queen at this point? Because it's starting to sound like George Lucas made her the President of Space United States...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I thought you knew that already which is why I was a bit confused about what you were saying earlier. Yeah he termed her as a queen I guess to make it sound fantasy-y but in function she is a president. In Attack of the Clones it is mentioned that the people loved her so much they wanted to "amend the constitution" (Ameri-wha?) to allow her to serve for life rather than two terms, but she was fine with stepping down and becoming a Senator when her terms were up.

Now that I think about it, I can't recall exactly what the problem was she had with the Trade Federation. It revolved around the taxation of trade routes and it wasn't properly explained in the film at all, so on screen we never find out who is taxing what and why there's a problem with it, but from reading material around it I think the issue was something like the Naboo needed funds so decided to tax the Trade Federation for the use of their system on a trade route they had set up. The Trade Federation decided they didn't want to pay taxes and blockaded the entire planet to ensure no supplies got in or out and the people all starved to death or the Queen signed the treaty proclaiming they were tax-exempt. I think that's about it, but it was not really discussed in any detail on screen and no one seemed to care all that much about the planet starving to death.
    Last edited by The_Mike; October 1st, 2010 at 10:25 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXvYICMr5wU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXvYICMr5wU[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD7s0gLO2UI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD7s0gLO2UI[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf1wcnwhA9o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf1wcnwhA9o[/ame]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah he termed her as a queen I guess to make it sound fantasy-y but in function she is a president. In Attack of the Clones it is mentioned that the people loved her so much they wanted to "amend the constitution" (Ameri-wha?) to allow her to serve for life rather than two terms, but she was fine with stepping down and becoming a Senator when her terms were up.
    But Princess Leia was an actual princess, and her adopted mother was an actual Queen...

Why make Leia's biological mother a "not really a Queen" who's actually more like a president, but is called the Queen, and then Leia's adopted by a real Queen when the Queen who's not really a Queen dies?

Why not just make her a Queen? I know it sounds like it would be dumbing things down, but in actuality, very stupid things can also be very complex, and if you can't make something complex smart, it's smarter to make it simpler, especially when having it in there actually does nothing to help the plot...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 9th, 2010 at 1:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This class of computer animation film students gets Star Wars so right...
    They tell the tale of when Han Solo lost his cargo, and it's just plain on the nose...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVnMxAZjMsI"]STAR WARS : The Solo Adventures[/ame]

And Patton Oswalt has a lovely cathartic bit about the Star Wars prequels...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDCjIjsZp_Y"]At Midnight I Will Kill George Lucas With A Shovel[/ame]
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 9th, 2010 at 3:29 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alas, Irvin Kershner, director of The Empire Strikes Back, has passed away at the age of 87.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni5829592/

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're getting to that point now where more and more Star Wars alumni will start passing away. Rest in peace Kershner. You directed my favorite Star Wars film and fantasy adventure of all time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kershner may be the only good director the series ever had.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no may about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely he is. Lucas lost any involvement in the discussion when he made the prequels.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still a travesty that Spielberg didn't direct Return of the Jedi.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he hadn't encouraged Ford to say what came to mind instead of sticking to the script, we wouldn't have had "I love you" - "I know".

Kershner is great in the "Empire of Dreams" documentary.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what? I got home from work the other day and couldn’t sleep so I popped in what I thought was a sure fire cure for insomnia. As I made my way through Episode II again, it really started to hit me: THIS MOVIE IS BRILLIANT. Really, the thing that perplexed me the most is how I didn't realize it before.

It’s always been easy to nitpick it, but it really does have loads going on in every scene. The mystery of Sifo-Dyas is flat out brilliant and, really, the most genius thing in the series since Empire. Not answering used to bug me but, really, it’s just as brilliant as Lost leaving huge mysteries out there. One of the biggest mistakes in Episode I was trying to explain the force—Lucas didn’t make that mistake here and it really adds a lot of mystique to the series. Who was Sifo-Dyas? That question really keeps a layer of intrigue in the series.

The action sequences are also quite brilliant in retrospect. It’s really non-stop action but, as a very fitting contrast to Episode III, it’s not bogged down by constant lightsaber duels. Really, the film doesn’t have any all out duel until the end and, even then, they’re kept short to let the audience save up for the next film. Wonderful structure there when you watch it wall-to-wall with Episode III. Along the same lines, it’s also brilliant how they held The Emperor out of it, as Sidious, outside of a very brief clip in the film’s closing moments.

The musical number at the end is beautiful and a glorious close to the film. May have even topped Empire’s abrupt cut out in that musical number, as it really was a lot more epic. I mean, Palpatine had created a personal army and was watching them march in step with no one being any the wiser. Fantastically epic scene there.

The hints at Anakin going to the dark side were great and him slaughtering the sand people was a great correlation to Obi Wan in Episode I. There, Kenobi slides to the dark side in his fight with Darth Maul after seeing his master murdered. Unlike Anakin, Obi Wan is able to center himself and bring himself back, partly due to Maul being able to best him in dark side combat. Anakin can’t. He can’t hold back and kills the sand people. Not just that, but he killed the women and children too. He allowed himself to start down the dark path and, now, forever will it dominate his destiny. Qui Jon realized this and tried to reach out to Anakin through the force, but Ani’s mind was so blinded by the dark side that he couldn’t see it.

Even the love story didn’t bother me this time. Yes, it’s a bit cliché but, again, that’s just Lucas contrasting the love story between Han and Leia. Really, who’s to call it clichéd, anyway? I mean, it all happened a long time ago, so who’s to say they didn’t create those clichés? It’s not clichéd if they were the first to do it.

Really, the key to understanding and respecting—nay—coming to LOVE this film is realizing that it’s an action film that’s meant to contrast the rest of the series.

Alf
    Yeah, if you take a step back and isolate it then it's ok. The love stuff is still unbelieveable and wooden, and the script is still uber wank. But the action is good and the plot is decent.

But, it still doesn't hold a candle to the original trilogy, and that's not just looking through the mists of time with rose-tinted glasses... Empire is a genuinely fantastic film in it's own right.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly I'm amazed that with the amount of trash the prequel trilogy gets from the nerd community and how it's all rubbish that Natalie Portman is basically unscathed and frankly still completely adored. It's astonishing that basically all the new principle actors are trashed to high heaven but her reputation is untarnished.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The musical number at the end is beautiful and a glorious close to the film. May have even topped Empire’s abrupt cut out in that musical number, as it really was a lot more epic. I mean, Palpatine had created a personal army and was watching them march in step with no one being any the wiser. Fantastically epic scene there.
    I completely agree with this. I thought that last 30 seconds of Ep 2 were brilliant, mainly due to the impact of the score.

I quite enjoyed the Yoda lightsaber battle just before it too

Like all the prequels, there's some decent stuff in Ep 2 but it's just so overpowered by the sheer amount of crap. Crap scenes, crap editing, crap dialogue, crap direction.

I think all three of the Prequels are light-years better than Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skulls, the shittiness of which actually offends me.
    Last edited by Beefy; December 7th, 2010 at 9:05 AM.

Alf
    I saw the Ep II in the Odeon Leicester Square, the first showing in the UK... everyone went apeshit when Yoda threw down. It was ace.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the same scenes in Warner Village Staines. Cracking moment, although slightly ruined by being in Staines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even the love story didn’t bother me this time. Yes, it’s a bit cliché but, again, that’s just Lucas contrasting the love story between Han and Leia. Really, who’s to call it clichéd, anyway? I mean, it all happened a long time ago, so who’s to say they didn’t create those clichés? It’s not clichéd if they were the first to do it.

Really, the key to understanding and respecting—nay—coming to LOVE this film is realizing that it’s an action film that’s meant to contrast the rest of the series.
    I'm not sure what's clichéd about a complete mental basket case latching on to the only woman he knows because of mother issues, murdering women and children and admitting it only for her to fall madly in love with him shortly after. It's not a love story, it's a story where two characters are written to love each other for no real reason other than Luke and Leia have to be made somehow. Nothing about it makes sense, least of all Padme wearing a ridiculous corset while trying to get Anakin to back off.

The entire series is about action. It's Star Wars. This film just goes ludicrously far with it, looks like plastic pretty much all the time, and wastes any other time it has setting up sub-plot dead ends.

The final scene is fantastic, though. It really leaves a sinister impression.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_Outlaw View Post
    Frankly I'm amazed that with the amount of trash the prequel trilogy gets from the nerd community and how it's all rubbish that Natalie Portman is basically unscathed and frankly still completely adored. It's astonishing that basically all the new principle actors are trashed to high heaven but her reputation is untarnished.
    I think it's because a) she's hot but intelligent, which gives people a lot of mileage in nerd culture and b) they have always known she's capable of far, far better. It was clear that Lucas didn't have any interest in directing actual human beings, there's even a video on one of the DVDs where she and the rest of the cast make fun of him for only ever giving the direction "faster, more intense!" for everything.

To be honest though I haven't seen a lot of trashing of anyone but Christensen. In the circles I've moved in, most people were fine with Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor (save the beard) and found Frank Oz and Samuel L. Jackson decent while Ian McDiarmid was fantastic. Natalie Portman was already respected for Leon and Beautiful Girls, and quickly showed herself to not be crap with things like Garden State and Closer. Actually Closer might have a lot to do with it...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    You know what? I got home from work the other day and couldn’t sleep so I popped in what I thought was a sure fire cure for insomnia. As I made my way through Episode II again, it really started to hit me: THIS MOVIE IS BRILLIANT. Really, the thing that perplexed me the most is how I didn't realize it before.

It’s always been easy to nitpick it, but it really does have loads going on in every scene. The mystery of Sifo-Dyas is flat out brilliant and, really, the most genius thing in the series since Empire. Not answering used to bug me but, really, it’s just as brilliant as Lost leaving huge mysteries out there. One of the biggest mistakes in Episode I was trying to explain the force—Lucas didn’t make that mistake here and it really adds a lot of mystique to the series. Who was Sifo-Dyas? That question really keeps a layer of intrigue in the series.

The action sequences are also quite brilliant in retrospect. It’s really non-stop action but, as a very fitting contrast to Episode III, it’s not bogged down by constant lightsaber duels. Really, the film doesn’t have any all out duel until the end and, even then, they’re kept short to let the audience save up for the next film. Wonderful structure there when you watch it wall-to-wall with Episode III. Along the same lines, it’s also brilliant how they held The Emperor out of it, as Sidious, outside of a very brief clip in the film’s closing moments.

The hints at Anakin going to the dark side were great and him slaughtering the sand people was a great correlation to Obi Wan in Episode I. There, Kenobi slides to the dark side in his fight with Darth Maul after seeing his master murdered. Unlike Anakin, Obi Wan is able to center himself and bring himself back, partly due to Maul being able to best him in dark side combat. Anakin can’t. He can’t hold back and kills the sand people. Not just that, but he killed the women and children too. He allowed himself to start down the dark path and, now, forever will it dominate his destiny. Qui Jon realized this and tried to reach out to Anakin through the force, but Ani’s mind was so blinded by the dark side that he couldn’t see it.

Welcome home

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I saw the Ep II in the Odeon Leicester Square, the first showing in the UK... everyone went apeshit when Yoda threw down. It was ace.

Same at the midnight showing I was at. Most people in the theater knew Yoda was going to throw down but didn't know when. The moment you heard his cane hitting the floor with him gruffing off scene you could feel the atmosphere in the room get tense. The moment he fired his lightsaber up the place went ballistic. People were jumping out of their seats and genuinely just going mental. Amazing experience.

whats the deal with that
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the best part of episode 2 is obiwans mullet

by far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone provide me with a link to the new Family Guy Star Wars parody?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the new Robot Chicken one?

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't air until Dec 19th and hasn't leaked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashDot
    According to his director friend Mel Smith, George Lucas has a plan for upcoming movies more insidious than a whole Gungan cast. Smith says Lucas is buying the rights to old movies in order to put dead actors in his films. He says, "George has been buying up the film rights to dead actors in the hope of using computer trickery to put them all together, so you'd have Orson Welles and Barbara Stanwyck alongside today's stars." Even if Smith is lying, it makes you wonder who long it will be until Hollywood starts to recycle actors as well as scripts.
    Zombie stars - because Hayden Christensen was too animated!

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a documentary discussing exactly that idea (using dead actors in films) a couple of years ago.

Spielberg, Cameron & Zemeckis were also discussing it in Empire a few months back.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the arena battle between the Jedi and the Droids is one of the best action scenes of the whole 6 films. Between a large group of Jedi cutting loose, the speeder chase through Coruscant, R2 zipping through the air, Obi-Wan's fight with Jango Fett in the rain and Yoda getting his hands dirty, Episode II really showed us a lot of things that we had never seen before.

Aside from some of the awkward romantic scenes, I think the big disappointment for me was the short lightsaber duel with Dooku. But it's saved by seeing Yoda burst into action, and we see a rematch between Dooku and Anakin/Obi-Wan in Episode III (plus a whole load of other duels). I wish they hadn't shown Anakin wielding two lightsabers in the trailer/tv spots for the film - it was rather deflating when he lost them a few seconds later.

I agree the ending is fantastic, with how it sets everything up for Eposide 3 to a rousing score. Despite not being a big fan of the love story in Episode 2, I found Padme and Anakin's secret marriage at the end of the film strangely compelling. In a soap opera way, I guess - I couldn't wait to see it all fall apart in the next film.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one who thought the whole 'yoda has mad lightsabre skills' thing was actually terrible and kind of ruined him as a character?

I'm definitely more positive on the prequels than the average person, but I really though Yoda's acrobatics were a bit silly.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what was also kind of brilliant that a lot of people hated? Showing what Boba Fett looks like. Over the years there has been so much made in EU and various stories about how no one knew what his face actually looked like that it was sort of brilliant to show it, in the storyline's timeline, before any such questions existed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Now this is getting to be too silly. Too many people are believing in Atty's change of heart regarding the prequels. This must end now before it goes too far and kills someone.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you implying that this somehow was not genuine in the least? For shame, OMG! For shame!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know all too well that you think the prequels are an abortion. You can't fool me you joker!

whats the deal with that
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now that i think about it, obi wans mullet may be the best thing in the prequels. the only other thing i can think of is the sound dookus lightsaber makes when he ignites it before his fight with obi wans mullet

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The entire series is about action.
    The original three are about Melodrama...

whats the deal with that
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats only because action was too expensive back then

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The prequel 3 and Ewoks are all about merchandise.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1DQabcJzD0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1DQabcJzD0[/ame]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figure I may as well post this here. I'm playing Force Unleashed 2 right now and just had some thoughts. The X-Play review was pretty much right on so far. They basically said that, while it fixed most of the issues with the first game and smoothed out the gameplay, it was half a game with a run time of around 5 hours. Maybe 5 hours. This convinced me to give it a rental, as I figured I could easily clock it in a few days.

Rented it last night and, even with sleeping and all, I'm at the end of the game now. It really feels like a missed opportunity as, with a few more stages and some fan service, it could have been a great game. No storyline stuff in the spoilers (or in the game), but I tagged the mention of a couple characters, even if they're in the ads for it/on the box:

In the grand arch of Star Wars games, I'd actually put it fairly high. It's not KOTOR, but nothing is. It's more fun than the first, even if the first had a plot. It feels like the story writers were phoning it in while the designers actually put time into tweaking gameplay and the engine. It's the kind of game where, like the first got, I'm hoping for a re-release down the line, with some new stages slapped in the middle. It's really fun to play, but there's not a lot there and, even when they have enemies with lightsabers, you don't really duel.

Would like to see the next one set after the OT. A super-powered Dark Jedi who hates everything related to Vader would be a cool foil for Vader's son. And playing as the bad guy going after the OT heroes in the post-OT universe would be a very good move for the game. They seem to be too worried about not fucking up continuity for their one good (see: the cannonized ending of the first game and the use of Boba in this)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, finished it off tonight. The final fight and light side ending are fairly awesome and lifted the game up for me. Still short, but a cool ending that baits the third one in a year or two. The dark side ending was so shit that I don't even know why they put it in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RedLetterMedia's Episode III Review is now up.

http://www.redlettermedia.com/

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I remember being in Kyiv when ep III was released, and the main cinema in town did an English-language version for all the expats. When it becomes clear that Anakin's going to slaughter the younglings, you could feel the atmosphere tense up, and when Vader took his first assisted breath, you could have heard a pin drop in the theatre. Still gives me the chills thinking about it now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you OMG

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, great review. Maybe the best of his as he wasn't just digging for things to whine about but, rather, giving a proper critique on the movie and prequels as a whole.

It's more fun than the first, even if the first had a plot.

Wow, I 100% take this statement back. After renting FU2, I decided to play the first again. I long ago traded it in, figuring I'd get the Sith Edition if I ever wanted to play it again. Turns out that edition is really hard to find now, but I did and have a massively different opinion of the game this time. I actually really love the Sith Edition version. The extra missions are loads of fun. One with you breaking into the Imperial held Jedi Temple set sometime just before the final level of the game and then two with you if you went evil and became Palpatine's new assassin. Those are great fun, with you getting to slash through Jabba's Palace, fight Boba Fett and Obi Wan and another where you invade Hoth, troll an unknowing Luke about Vader being his dad and turn him to the dark side after fucking him up.

These levels added a load to the experience, but the main game plays a lot better now. I think it's a case of the stupid amount of hype the game had killing it when it first came out. Still things wrong with it (the Star Destroyer scene), but it's a much better experience this time through. Gameplay is smoother in 2 and the final battle is a lot better than the final of 1, but I'd give the first the edge in just about everything else now, save for graphics.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    StarWars.com has a trailer up for the Blu-Ray release in September 2011.

http://starwars.com/video/view/001175.html

It's just 1 minute 30 seconds of footage from the 6 films, but it got me pumped up. The films should look pretty awesome on Blu-Ray. Here's a run-down on the set:

Quote Originally Posted by TheDigitalBits.com
    Well, folks... it's official. Though strangely, the press event at CES was not up to the hype. And it contained few details other than these: 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment and Lucasfilm will release The Star Wars Saga on Blu-ray Disc this September (street date is TBA). The set will include all 6 films with exclusive new bonus material. After Vader and his Stormtroopers arrived on stage, Fox Home Entertainment president Mike Dunn told the crowd that the films will be offered on BD-50s with a bit rate of up to 40mpbs. The project is being personally supervised by George Lucas himself. And that's about it for the event itself.

The good news is that their official press release contains MUCH more information. Here are all the details:

"Pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray Now!

January 6, 2011

The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever -- the Star Wars Saga -- emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas' epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan:

• Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)
    • Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
    • Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.

Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing "The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor."

"The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format," Dunn said. "The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray."

"With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish," said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. "And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible."

"The Star Wars franchise has been the most anticipated Blu-ray release by Amazon's customers," said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon.com. "We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong."

Pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets at Amazon.com today!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've read....special editions only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucas won't be getting any more of money from me*

*can't guarantee that

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was more interested to see if they'd announce a complete recordings for Star Wars soundtracks like they had for Lord of the Rings. But alas they didn't.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh. What are the other three discs in the complete thingy? If Lucas uses the Jedi Mind Trick to get me to buy the prequels again, I may cry.

As far as special editions and the originals, if it goes like on dvd (which I suspect it will) Lucas will re-release with the original editions a year or two after the first blu ray release. Then will be the 3D...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Pre-order you say?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not sure if this has been discussed, but you know how the Ewoks were going to eat Luke Skywalker and the Gang?
    Well, at the end, they're all having a big feast and playing the drums on empty Storm Trooper helmets...

Umm... Did they eat the Storm Troopers?