Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 4,801 to 4,806 of 4806

Thread: The Star Wars thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't really follow anything about this show leading up to the debut so I didn't even know until a few minutes ago this all ties in with Rogue One. I knew the main guy sounded/look familiar but I've only seen Rogue One maybe once and it was a couple years ago at least.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I'm looking forward to seeing Mon Mothma again and her getting a bit of more screen time, pretty sure it's the same actress from Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith. She looks remarkably similar to the original actor from Return of the Jedi. Timeline wise it wouldn't be impossible that Bail Organa/Jimmy Smits make a cameo as well. This show takes place four years after Kenobi and five years before Rogue One/A New Hope.

I'm definitely not a fan of Disney Star Wars overall (only liked Rogue One and The Mandalorian 1-2 so far) but I do appreciate them daring to try something completely different with this show, there's just so many times you can blow up space stations or have lightsaber fights without it getting a bit stale and repetitive.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Mon Mothma again and her getting a bit of more screen time, pretty sure it's the same actress from Rogue One and Revenge of the Sith. She looks remarkably similar to the original actor from Return of the Jedi. Timeline wise it wouldn't be impossible that Bail Organa/Jimmy Smits make a cameo as well. This show takes place four years after Kenobi and five years before Rogue One/A New Hope.

I'm definitely not a fan of Disney Star Wars overall (only liked Rogue One and The Mandalorian 1-2 so far) but I do appreciate them daring to try something completely different with this show, there's just so many times you can blow up space stations or have lightsaber fights without it getting a bit stale and repetitive.
    I'm a fan of the Disney Star Wars but I also respect how good Episode 4-6 were. But there are people who haven't liked anything since Empire. 1-3 didn't do us any favors. Without those installments the Disney stuff would be treated better imo.

It's a lose-lose. People want it to be as good as the original 3 but don't want it to be like the original 3 lol.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iím really digging Andor and wanted to watch episode 4 immediately after 3 ended. I think they made the right choice with the release, as the first episode is all about establishing the character and atmosphere and the second builds to the action in the third.

Thereís a number of extended dialogue scenes where characters reveal their outlook or values. I appreciated that those scenes were given time to breathe. The Pre-Mor corporation is a refreshing change from faceless Stormtroopers and simplistically evil Imperial officers. We get to see their arrogance and their fear as things start to go down.

I also liked the little touches like the bell ringer of Ferrix (more of a slab than a bell) and the rattling sound which the civilians use to spread a message. Nice world building without exposition. The show looks superb since itís not relying on ďThe VolumeĒ, something which was jarring on Obi-Wan at times.

As for Disney Star Wars, I think The Force Awakens is a really fun movie which captures the spirit of the original trilogy very well. The Last Jedi has flaws but takes some really bold swings which I liked. The Rise of Skywalker is a remarkable mess and a testament to Disneyís ludicrous approach to the entire trilogy; basically letting directors and writers undo each otherís films at will. The Clone Wars ending was great and I liked what I saw of The Bad Batch but havenít finished yet. The Mandalorian is fantastic - a simple formula done well.

Boba Fett was not good at all; strangely unwilling to give its lead character much to do in the present day and a story that is single-handedly saved by Mandoís arc in the later episodes. Obi-Wan had some good moments, but it felt like the entire writing team changed after episode 3 and it just wasnít the kind of character exploration I was hoping to see. I tried some episodes from Visions but they didnít click with me. Iím really looking forward to Ashoka as Iím a huge fan of Rebels.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did the Mandalorian say to Groku, when feeding him the liquid that comes with fresh mozzarella cheese?

This is the whey.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I like that Andor is showing how the Rebels need to plan out almost every step of the way to attempt to win against the Empire. However, it is kinda boring to see every step. Love we get good looking locations though.