Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,600 of 4837

Thread: The Star Wars thread

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm trying to see where you're coming up with the idea that there was any type of franchise fatigue because 1 movie didn't make a billion like the others. It seems like Star Wars rarely misses and they have a large enough fanbase and overall appeal to continue to make these big moves.

Now if you want to talk about how people felt after the 2nd trilogy.....haha. Shit, that was probably more franchise fatigue in the sense that wasn't very good.
    I was referring to this story from 2018 when they scaled back production on their films

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...roduction-solo

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I always wants sequels too when I was growing up. I remember my mother even telling me that it would never ever happen. She's always been a movie buff and just saw it that way, that it just wasn't in the cards. She always bought me the novels because she'd say that's as close as you're getting. They'd go onto announce the prequels and she sorta had to eat some crow on that. I remember thinking I wanted sequels though not Vader's story.

Finally got those post Jedi movies though and yeah, we got what we got.

I didn't hate Solo though. It was another Star Wars movie. I went in thinking and knowing that it wasn't going to be the same Han and instead concentrated more on everything around him. Tons of new characters and places and I thought Glover did real well as Lando too.

I've just gotten used to taking the bad with the good I guess.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if they used more than 1 movie to say "franchise fatigue" then sure I'd agree. But 1 movie? I could see if they said "We put out Solo, Ep 9, and Boba Fett out too close to each other".

I also think that it ultimately comes down to the lack of excitement a non-Harrison Ford Han Solo movie had. They cast a virtual unknown and tried to surround him with popular actors and characters to make up for his Bruce Campbell Army of Darkness performance lol.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'm trying to see where you're coming up with the idea that there was any type of franchise fatigue because 1 movie didn't make a billion like the others. It seems like Star Wars rarely misses and they have a large enough fanbase and overall appeal to continue to make these big moves.

Now if you want to talk about how people felt after the 2nd trilogy.....haha. Shit, that was probably more franchise fatigue in the sense that wasn't very good.

The problem I had with this movie is the guy was trying to be a parody of Han Solo. Imagine if Bruce Campbell was playing Han Solo in Army of Darkness. Does that make sense? People get it twisted but the truth is, "Han Solo" is Harrison Ford. IDK if that's who they had in mind when creating the character. The man made the character not the other way around. This isn't like playing Batman. You're expecting a guy who was 5-6 years younger than Ford was when he took on the role to even come at it 50% of what Ford could do? That's impossible.

This movie was actually good when you put it into the Star Wars universe and I hope they do more. In a perfect world we would've had this tech back in the 80's and 90's and would've had Ford doing Han Solo movies. I always wanted movies in the 90's that were post-Jedi but we got what we got lol.
    If you are talking about the prequels their stock has actually risen. The generation that grew up watching them now have a strong enough voice to erase all the moaners who were upset it wasnt their original trilogy all over again

Old Hayden Christenson has went from ruining star wars to now being welcomed back with open arms. Personally I think the clone wars had a lot to do with that but whatever.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    If you are talking about the prequels their stock has actually risen. The generation that grew up watching them now have a strong enough voice to erase all the moaners who were upset it wasnt their original trilogy all over again

Old Hayden Christenson has went from ruining star wars to now being welcomed back with open arms. Personally I think the clone wars had a lot to do with that but whatever.
    Well there's definitely a large % of people in general who like to say they're into stupid shit nobody was really into once upon a time. It's called being a hipster. And there's also a group of people who grew up with this shit as a young kid and didn't know any better. For awhile there were people who thought George Clooney was the best Batman.

And trust me, if there was a Batman movie bringing him back as like Earth-X Batman there'd be a group of people on Twitter defending his shit performance in Batman and Robin.

I don't agree that those movies have somehow gotten better over time or are appreciated more. When it comes to Star Wars, people are more often than not pretty flexible and willing to see what happens. Just because there are people who like them doesn't mean much. I like them, but I like everything Star Wars I just don't think it's all "great".

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hayden Christensen still stunk and while I do have curiosity for seeing him re-appear in the Obi Wan show after all these years, it's only the curiosity of checking back in on a train wreck. But maybe he can prove me wrong and redeem himself.

The prequels were the ultimate "what could have been". They were really close to being really great. In fact, when I now read the plot summary for Attack of the Clones, I think the story writing is the best of the 3 prequels. Unfortunately good story writing doesn't always lead to a good script or execution.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I like the prequels personally.

Hayden just has that weird accent that will forever engrained him as Anakin to me. Watching clips of him in that glass movie, where he got good reviews for his performance and to me it wasnt any better than star wars.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Prequels were fine. The sequels were better by a wide margin for me.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take the prequels over the last 3 any day of the week. Actually had some decent plot in all 3 of them. ROTS is a great film. Even TPM had some decent moments...I mean i always forward through the pod race but aside from that it isn't that bad. AOTC is good.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liked the prequels for the most part. I hate Jar Jar but that is about it. I enjoyed the 2nd two more than the first one.

I really enjoyed the sequels. I think the first one they worked too hard to squeeze in a lot of references and such to really get the Star Wars fans hooked into this trilogy but it was still a good movie along with the rest of them.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    it is crazy to think the guy who played jar jar said he contemplated suicide because of the backlash to the character and people saying he personally ruined star wars. Regardless of how jar jar will be remembered he is a part of the lore that will never go away.

I liked the last 3 movies with rise of skywalker probably being my least favorite.

the first one is great imo. yes, it's a new hope 2.0 but it gave you that classic star wars feeling that just tickled your senses.

I really like the last jedi but its biggest issues was it was a 180 in style and not in an empire strikes back way. I think if Rian johnson could have done a stand alone in this presentation with something outside the skywalker universe it would have been huge.

the last one is ok but it's a messy clean up of trying to fix things that didnt really needed fixed. he you chose to release the last jedi, you are stuck with it. Run its course.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    To be fair, Jar Jar did ruin the Republic.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't a fan of the re-released versions of the original trilogy and I fucking hated the fact they put Hayden's bitch ass in ghost form. It made ZERO sense. It wasn't like Obi Wan was the fucking Ewan McGregor version.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the story that it came down to this guy and Leonardo DiCaprio. Right.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I like the story that it came down to this guy and Leonardo DiCaprio. Right.
    they said basically every white male actor in the specific age range was in the running. that shit wouldnt fly now.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they said basically every white male actor in the specific age range was in the running. that shit wouldnt fly now.
    Why not

Also did Leo actually consider it, like who turned down who?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ‘The Force Awakens’ editor Mary Jo Markey was frustrated with Rian Johnson's decisions in ‘The Last Jedi’

‘It’s very strange to have the second film so consciously undo the storytelling of the first one’
    I saw that on twitter just now. Someone remind me: what did TLJ so consciously undo about the story of TFA?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Hayden was actually quite good in ROTS, AOTC less so. Natalie Portman was the real turd in the waterpipe in those films, really really bad. Odd because she has actually been good in some other things.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    Why not

Also did Leo actually consider it, like who turned down who?
    virm is trying to pretend that liberals would be upset that when casting the younger version of a white man they would only look to cast a white male.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    virm is trying to pretend that liberals would be upset that when casting the younger version of a white man they would only look to cast a white male.
    there would be plenty in an uproar this day and age.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You know there wouldn't be.

Unless by an uproar you mean, one or two tweets that might gain some traction of people making a suggestion of some non-white person in the role.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I mean if we were talking about Phantom Menace (dope name) then sure. But it's kind of hard to justify casting a black teen Anakin in Clones if he was already a white boy lol. We're not THAT fucking "progressive".

Can you imagine Lucas selling this movie to someone like Leo? Shit....

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Darth Vader was already revealed as white in Return of the Jedi.

If they were considering Leo (who is only 3 years younger than Ewan) then they should have considered my personal pick, Jude Law (who is 2 years younger than Ewan). Someone told me that Jude Law would have been too old given the age difference between the characters, which makes sense, but I think they could have easily made either of those actors (Leo or Jude) appear 10 years younger than Ewan in AOTC even though they are much closer in age in reality.

Jude's heel turn would have been perfect. He is a ripe villain.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    I thought Hayden was actually quite good in ROTS, AOTC less so. Natalie Portman was the real turd in the waterpipe in those films, really really bad. Odd because she has actually been good in some other things.

Natalie Portman has actually been good in some other things is quite an understatement. She's possibly the most critically acclaimed actor involved in any of the Star Wars films.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can have the best actors on the planet in a movie and if the script and direction and final cut suck dick it doesn't matter. You ever see Snakes On A Plane? Yeah, not exactly Sam Jackson's best movie lol.

And Darth Vader was already revealed as white in Return of the Jedi.

If they were considering Leo (who is only 3 years younger than Ewan) then they should have considered my personal pick, Jude Law (who is 2 years younger than Ewan). Someone told me that Jude Law would have been too old given the age difference between the characters, which makes sense, but I think they could have easily made either of those actors (Leo or Jude) appear 10 years younger than Ewan in AOTC even though they are much closer in age in reality.

Jude's heel turn would have been perfect. He is a ripe villain.
    Leo has barely aged. By Attack of the Clones he still looked 15.

I'll be honest, I think that ultimately it wouldn't have mattered who had the role of Anakin Skywalker because the expectations were beyond belief.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Natalie Portman has actually been good in some other things is quite an understatement. She's possibly the most critically acclaimed actor involved in any of the Star Wars films.
    In film perhaps. Ian Mcdarmid is a very well acclaimed stage actor.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Christioher Lee, Alec Guinness, Ewan McGregor actually quite a lot if competition for that title.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a hard time ranking actors based on skill. How do you give someone props if most of the movies they're in you don't think are good? You can win an Oscar...And? This isn't the days of 10 movies being released in a calendar year where half of them star the same 2 people. It's all subjective.

Me personally, I think Harrison Ford is a better actor than she is. I think Mark Hamill is a better actor than she is. If we keep it 1000% real in the Star Wars movies, she's not even in the top 50 with her lackluster performances. Frank Oz gave more of a compelling performance as Yoda lol.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In film perhaps. Ian Mcdarmid is a very well acclaimed stage actor.
    Were we talking about Star Wars the stage play?

And Christioher Lee, Alec Guinness, Ewan McGregor actually quite a lot if competition for that title.
    I did say possibly (partially to stimulate the debate) and I didn't say 'best', I said critically acclaimed. Which really, she is. Won more credible acting awards and nominations than Lee and McGregor, Guinness comes close overall, but he had about 30 years longer to accrue them.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one thing you do not do with people like Mik is question Natalie Portman's status. I'm shocked that girl hasn't been kidnapped and stuffed like a tiger in some weird nerd's room.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Were we talking about Star Wars the stage play?

I did say possibly (partially to stimulate the debate) and I didn't say 'best', I said critically acclaimed. Which really, she is. Won more credible acting awards and nominations than Lee and McGregor, Guinness comes close overall, but he had about 30 years longer to accrue them.
    Odd comment on McDiarmid. He has won Oliver and Tony awards as well as performing for the Royal Shakespeare Company, so yeah pretty acclaimed on the stage.

I think Portman is a very good actress by the way. Black Swan was excellent. But she didn't come out of any of the Star Wars films looking good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The one thing you do not do with people like Mik is question Natalie Portman's status. I'm shocked that girl hasn't been kidnapped and stuffed like a tiger in some weird nerd's room.
    I was in love with that bitch until she shaved her head for that stupid fuckin V for Vendetta movie.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure she was gutted to hear that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure she was gutted to hear that.
    She probably was if he tweeted it. She's one of those types that you get 900,000 positive tweets a day but she'll go on a tirade over 1 that doesn't blow her like you Lonely Island dorks do.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She probably was if he tweeted it. She's one of those types that you get 900,000 positive tweets a day but she'll go on a tirade over 1 that doesn't blow her like you Lonely Island dorks do.
    odd thing to say about an actor who isn't even on twitter

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    odd thing to say about an actor who isn't even on twitter
    Ah another one of you Portmen. Well she has a fucking Instagram. Here, do you want me to edit it so it says "social media"?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah another one of you Portmen. Well she has a fucking Instagram. Here, do you want me to edit it so it says "social media"?
    I like her, I don't stan her (although I probably did 10 years ago). you surely know more about her social media than me, are you saying she goes on tirades? I don't follow her but I follow general celebrity stuff and I haven't seen her name pop up anywhere in ages so I am just wondering what your beef is with her.

I listened to her on the Dax Shepard podcast lately and she seemed cool.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    she seems alright to me. good sense of humor in my opinion. her lonely island rap is awesome

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    you Lonely Island dorks
    I happen to be thread surfing stuff I don't normally post in and I find you ripping on our generation's greatest band? Jizzed in My Pants and that Jack Sparrow song are legendary. Like A Boss has aged like a fine wine or a Mozart piece.

Wacky side note, but Andy Sandberg and one of his LI buddies are voicing Chip and Dale in some upcoming Rescue Rangers movie on Disney+. Super jacked up about it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've rarely seen anyone with anything but nice things to say about Natalie Portman. To have lived virtually her entire life in the public eye and to have next to no scandal about her or beef with anyone is pretty unusual.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent 45 minutes watching last month's The Lego Star Wars Holiday Special. I highly recommend it. While it is not canon, it was still a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So I finally watched Rise of Skywalker. First half of the film alright, but the last half was just all over the place and felt very rushed and disjointed. I did not care for this much and I liked Last Jedi!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    So I finally watched Rise of Skywalker. First half of the film alright, but the last half was just all over the place and felt very rushed and disjointed. I did not care for this much and I liked Last Jedi!
    the biggest issue of ros is they decided to try and spend half of the films fixing the last jedi stuff.

there are heavy rumors jon fav and filoni will be retoconning the last trilogy to help things make more sense and to round out characters

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, there were obvious attempts and steering the ship back on course, I guess, but then there were just so many scenes that are just there. They’re just chasing things to find other things to find other things just so there’s always something happening on screen.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the biggest issue of ros is they decided to try and spend half of the films fixing the last jedi stuff.

there are heavy rumors jon fav and filoni will be retoconning the last trilogy to help things make more sense and to round out characters
    That would be a massive thing to be able to undo, but I do kind of agree with it. But ultimately they can’t really do that. Harrison Ford isn’t going to come back to reprise Han Solo in any new films, neither can Carrie Fischer. However Mark Hamill most likely would. I just can’t see how they can really ignore those recent films. In hindsight I just wish they had given them to Filoni to manage.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I actually went back and watched the prequels again this weekend because of how good clone wars has been.

phantommenace is still so fucking boring, I fell asleep watching it.
    Attack of the clones is mostly boring, but the big cgi fights were fun.
    ROTS is awesome. The cgi is bad and the dialogue is awful, but the fights are all great and it does pay off the two boring movies before it, unlike anything in the sequel trilogy.

now to keep going through clone wars. Great show

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I actually went back and watched the prequels again this weekend because of how good clone wars has been.

ROTS is awesome. The cgi is bad and the dialogue is awful, but the fights are all great and it does pay off the two boring movies before it, unlike anything in the sequel trilogy.

have you seen filoni breakdown of the phantom menace? his speech on the duel of fates changes that movie entirely for me.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nope. I shall look it up

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Filoni did add another layer that might go unnoticed with that breakdown.

This focuses on that part.

I always liked PM for the Emperor stuff. The way he positions everybody to get what he wants is a master class in villainy.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It's the second time in...a week that I want to post the ProZD machinations video.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I just watched it. Is that part of a longer thingy?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I just watched it. Is that part of a longer thingy?
    yeah if you got disney+ they have an amazing behind the scenes gallery for the mandalorian. its awesome

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dave filoni talking about TPM > TPM

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    dave filoni talking about TPM > TPM
    agreed. That was awesome, but I’ve officially fallen asleep 3 different times watching phantom menace. It’s just boring.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Ha, I was juggling a baby while trying to find a better video but figured he'd get the hint.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love TPM. It's been my favorite movie to watch while I'm trippin for the last 18 years.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    I love TPM. It's been my favorite movie to watch while I'm trippin for the last 18 years.
    You must have a very small library of movies for that situation if TPM is your go-to.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROTS is awesome but I owned the game on X Box and the day I went to go see it, I beat the game by accident. Meaning, I didn't realize the level I was on was the final level so out of nowhere a cutscene happens and shows Anakin getting his shit sabered off lol. I was like, why didn't I wait to buy this game until AFTER I saw the movie.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool story bro.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    ROTS is awesome but I owned the game on X Box and the day I went to go see it, I beat the game by accident. Meaning, I didn't realize the level I was on was the final level so out of nowhere a cutscene happens and shows Anakin getting his shit sabered off lol. I was like, why didn't I wait to buy this game until AFTER I saw the movie.
    I had that game for PS2. I remember the level in the Jedi temple being pretty crazy, just killing off everybody.

There was a alternate ending as well.

Story changes a tad if Anakin wins.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Cool story bro.
    With that kind of response I expect a reference to Octo Mom, Chocolate Rain, and Lil Wayne's Lollipop as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You must have a very small library of movies for that situation if TPM is your go-to.
    Nah. I watch a bunch of stuff when I'm trippin. I just love the beauty of TPM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Nah. I watch a bunch of stuff when I'm trippin. I just love the beauty of TPM.
    I could see the part where they go to Gungan, the underwater city. That shit is beautiful. That's one thing TPM does have and that's a very colorful approach versus the original 3. IDK if that's the sign of the times or what as I imagine Lucas fucking with the original 3 was his way of tryin to do what he maybe wanted in the past.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I remember watching it back in high school and I hadn’t even seen the original trilogy. I watched all the prequels first lol. I had no clue that anikin was gonna get sliced up to become Vader.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember watching it back in high school and I hadn’t even seen the original trilogy. I watched all the prequels first lol. I had no clue that anikin was gonna get sliced up to become Vader.
    I have to remember you're roughly 10 years younger than me but it's still weird to think by the time you were 14-15, so what, 2005-2006ish, you had no clue of the premise of Star Wars. It's not as bad as Cewsh pretending he never knew about WCW only WWF during the MNW in the late 90's.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So, I obviously knew of Star Wars, but I never watched the originals until after I’d seen the prequels. Attack of the clones was my first ever Star Wars movie I saw in theaters! I knew anakin became Vader, but had no clue he was gonna get all his limbs chopped off, haha

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh

didn’t think you were that much younger than me Hero.

I didn’t actually watch a single Star Wars in theatres until Last Jedi. Couldn’t for the original (although did watch them before prequels came out, as well as reading books afterwards). Watched all three prequels on dvd after because I didn’t like going to theatres, watched Force Awakens on blu ray as well.

i really don’t like going to the theatres. Dunno why.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I think spoiler on social media only being a relatively recent thing has added to that. I did start going to movies again soon when released so I couldn’t read things on Twitter before i could go see it.

However, i did start watching Clone Wars yesterday.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Huh

didn’t think you were that much younger than me Hero.

I didn’t actually watch a single Star Wars in theatres until Last Jedi. Couldn’t for the original (although did watch them before prequels came out, as well as reading books afterwards). Watched all three prequels on dvd after because I didn’t like going to theatres, watched Force Awakens on blu ray as well.

i really don’t like going to the theatres. Dunno why.
    im 30. My parents never took us to the movies when we were kids, so I only ever saw movies on TV and Star Wars was never really on. When Phantom Menace came out, I got interested in Star Wars, but didn’t even watched Phantom Menace for a few years. My neighbor let me borrow the books though, so I went into attack of the clones sort of understanding what was going on.

Also, I think spoiler on social media only being a relatively recent thing has added to that. I did start going to movies again soon when released so I couldn’t read things on Twitter before i could go see it.

Clone wars is awesome, I’m really enjoying it myself

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok nevermind you’re about what I thought. Only a few years.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah, I just grew up in a poor immigrant household and didn’t know much about anything that wasn’t on free TV lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I obviously knew of Star Wars, but I never watched the originals until after I’d seen the prequels. Attack of the clones was my first ever Star Wars movie I saw in theaters! I knew anakin became Vader, but had no clue he was gonna get all his limbs chopped off, haha
    I'll be honest, unless they were in the books, I don't think any of us knew about the limb slicing lol. There was never any nod to it in any of the originals. Other than he was more machine than man but shit we didn't know he got his fucking legs chopped off by Obi the Savage Kenobi.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I just grew up in a poor immigrant household and didn’t know much about anything that wasn’t on free TV lol.
    Naw man you just had bitch ass older relatives that didn't properly season you on Star Wars when you were a child. So next time you see Triple H and Stephanie you let them know that they failed you and this is why you never got to see Empire until you were in college.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good lad!

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest, unless they were in the books, I don't think any of us knew about the limb slicing lol. There was never any nod to it in any of the originals. Other than he was more machine than man but shit we didn't know he got his fucking legs chopped off by Obi the Savage Kenobi.

The only reason I knew Vader had at least some missing limbs more than finding his hand was mechanical in Jedi was in the first Thrawn book, where Mara Jade tells Luke Vader lost an arm or a hand cuz of the first Death Star being destroyed.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only reason I knew Vader had at least some missing limbs more than finding his hand was mechanical in Jedi was in the first Thrawn book, where Mara Jade tells Luke Vader lost an arm or a hand cuz of the first Death Star being destroyed.
    Yeah so even that stuff is post-New Hope so I wonder if ROTS took anything from the books or if this was pure movie stuff. Kind of like the new movies post ROTJ, they sort of take elements from books but not much.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s true. Maybe I should say I wasn’t shocked by it, cuz in my head I already knew that. Looking back, who knows if it was canon

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I imagine George Lucas had the missing limbs planned early on. Obi-Wan's "he's more machine now than man" line seems to indicate as much.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Pretty heavy rumors that Gina may be gone from the show. She was removed from the latest artwork apparently.

How fucking stupid if this is true.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Its probably due to her being in Rangers of the New Republic.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty heavy rumors that Gina may be gone from the show. She was removed from the latest artwork apparently.

How fucking stupid if this is true.
    I love me some Gina, but if she needs someone else to manage her social media. If you court controversy when you're working for Disney, you're going to have to answer some questions.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    If season three is about retaking Mandalore, her character is probably not going to be in it. I can see Griff as a guy who early on set up contacts for Dinn but Cara has responsibilities to keep the peace on that planet. Writing her off is not that hard because its probably going to be Mando, Bo and her team fighting to restore their planet while Bo finding ways to get the Darksaber since its her One Ring.

I am hoping we get to see the fall of Mandalore. How Gideon got the Darksaber. How it got destroyed. Maybe Vader killing Mandalorians and an Emperor cameo. Those are the only OT characters that I want next season besides Luke training Grogu. Gina's character is not even on my list. Rather see Fennec too.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Liam Neeson is officially back in star wars. Set to appear in obi wan

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking yes!

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, still trying to watch more of Clone Wars..... only just now figuring out they aren’t in chronological order.

Cuz of course they’re not. Silly Star Wars.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Clone Wars and Rebels are must watches if you have Disney+

I just got the first book, Light of the Jedi, from the new High Republic series today. Excited to read it over the next few weeks.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'm waiting until a good chunk comes out before I dive in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The High Republic series is gonna be garbo.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Is Gina Carano a good MMA fighter or announcer or something? I dont really get why she has such a loyal following. Her acting is nothing special and its obviously not her appearance. What is it?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by LOCONUT View Post
    Is Gina Carano a good MMA fighter or announcer or something? I dont really get why she has such a loyal following. Her acting is nothing special and its obviously not her appearance. What is it?
    wow. she is a beautiful strong woman. in real you are basing her off her appearance

#fireloconut

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    wow. she is a beautiful strong woman. in real you are basing her off her appearance

#fireloconut
    In real I am asking a question. Why is she popular. You are incapable of answering anything. More of nothing to say.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    In real I am asking a question. Why is she popular. You are incapable of answering anything. More of nothing to say.
    she has developed a strong following in the star wars universe for being a strong woman that is well written. Takes no flack, can stand toe to toe with about anyone and is a role model for young women in the sw universe that has been lacking overall.

Her real life personality reflects this but unfortunately shes not a liberal so she gets harrassed a lot by the far left crazy woke side that wants everyone fired that doesnt worship at their alter.

Better?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    she has developed a strong following in the star wars universe for being a strong woman that is well written. Takes no flack, can stand toe to toe with about anyone and is a role model for young women in the sw universe that has been lacking overall.

Her real life personality reflects this but unfortunately shes not a liberal so she gets harrassed a lot by the far left crazy woke side that wants everyone fired that doesnt worship at their alter.

Better?
    Wait her following is from star wars? That seems impossible.

I am pretty sure that her comments regarding COVID and gender were pretty tacky. I find it tough to beliwve you on most things but especially this. There is zero reason she should be hugely popular from Mandolorian. Her character is pointless.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can you do anything in your life without blaming liberals?

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait her following is from star wars? That seems impossible.

I am pretty sure that her comments regarding COVID and gender were pretty tacky. I find it tough to beliwve you on most things but especially this. There is zero reason she should be hugely popular from Mandolorian. Her character is pointless.
    she was in mma a decade plus ago and was basically the go-to woman's mma athlete until ronda showed up. she was in a fast and furious movie and the first deadpool film, and now mando.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    she was in mma a decade plus ago and was basically the go-to woman's mma athlete until ronda showed up. she was in a fast and furious movie and the first deadpool film, and now mando.
    Thank you.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Thank you.
    you are welcome.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She used to be WAAAAY hotter than she is in the mandalorian. That’s where her popularity came from initially. I think her popularity now is partially from young girls who like to see a kick ass female in a Star Wars series and don’t really know much about anything more political about her.

On another note, I’m rewatching Clones Wars with my girlfriend and so have recently watched The Phantom Menace and Attack Of The Clones. They really are nowhere near as bad as I remember them being. Particularly the second one. Not as good films as the recent trilogy, but much better Star Wars films.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I miss the mandolorian. I need more of this type of content. Kind of looking forward to everything coming.