Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 35414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,500 of 4837

Thread: The Star Wars thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My question is this.....With level of technology Hollywood can pull off these days, would they re-cast Luke or simply CGI a younger Luke on Mark Hamill ala Michael Douglas or Patrick Stewart in certain Marvel movies?

Personally I think what hurt SOLO was that we wanted Harrison Ford OR at the very least someone who didn't come across as a parody. Heath Ledger for example doesn't come across as a parody of Jack Nicholson's Joker. If they re-cast Luke, I hope it's someone who delivers in the role the same way Ewan McGregor delivered as Obi Wan Kenobi.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamill isn't dead. Hamill can work out and grow the beard maybe.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting list. Wrong, but interesting.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/star...vkRNWOv6aevNcM

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I did not see Solo on Disney+. Perhaps its' coming soon?

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I think it's there but you have to search for it. Yea..it would have been better to have someone who looked like Harrison and acted like Han.
    Last edited by lotjx; May 5th, 2020 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It is going to be on Disney+ at some point this summer when the Netflix/Disney deal ends. Same goes for Ant Man 2 and Infinity War.

The Director Round table was interesting to watch. Cool to see how collaborative they all were.

EDIT: according to Google, Solo will be added July 9
    Last edited by TimeSplitter; May 5th, 2020 at 11:43 AM.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Might be there in the UK, regional differences and all.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love The Mandalorian, but it’s not yet a patch on either Clone Wars or Rebels which should be right there at 4 and 5 after the original trilogy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Kasady View Post
    Hamill isn't dead. Hamill can work out and grow the beard maybe.
    Oh yeah I'm just saying depending on WHEN they would place the Jedi Academy he can't roll up looking 60 years old when he's supposed to be what, 30ish? I'm not super familiar with the Jedi Academy stuff, I had a game for the X Box that was the fucking shit but I only played it a few times. Plus I've never read the books either so who knows.

Shit, in the flashback of TLJ he looked how he does presently so yeah they might not have to do anything.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I think it's there but you have to search for it. Yea..it would have been better to have someone who looked like Harrison and acted like Han.
    I thought it was refreshing that they didn't try to overtly ape Harrison Ford's style. The problem was that the story was bang average. Inoffensive but utterly bland. Solo actually has a really good swashbuckling and derring-do score, but it feels like it was made for an entirely different film. Hollywood keeps conjuring up prequels that no-one asked for, but this one was ludicrous in terms of throwing in everything but the kitchen sink. In the course of just one film, he leaves a gang on Corellia, joins the Imperial Navy, escapes the Imperial Navy, meets Chewie, meets Lando, flies the Falcon, does the Kessel Run, meets the Rebellion in its early stage and wins the Falcon from Lando. And someone also had the bright idea of giving his name an origin story. If the sequel had gone ahead, god knows what it would have covered since everything we knew about Han from the original trilogy was already done.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Solo hit the right notes, it just like all the Prequels stuff you know who lives and dies. I also think the lack of a great villian didn't help and trying to shoehorn a possible sequel with Maul was sorta stupid. Honestly, I think it's still better than most of the films, it's just the actor for Han felt off.

After watching Rebels in full, I am fine with saying one season of Mandalorian is better than their run. I hate Ezra new Chosen One Bridger. Just the same people problem with Ashoka, I'm the kid character with the master plans and I'm untouchable. I liked Kannan and Herra but I don't buy the kid at the end. I think it's Rex's son. Adding Ashoka was fine til they used time travel to save her. God, I hope they don't ever use that portal thing again.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your Ahsoka is so random

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If what makes a good story to you is “who lives, and who dies” you are really missing the point. Do characters sometimes have plot armor, sure, but Ezra is hardly a chosen one. Especially in a universe that constantly talks about The Chosen One. Based on the fact that Ezra didn’t balance the force, there is no way for him to be the chosen one.

If you prefer other stories, great. You don’t have to shit on something just to praise another story.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    New topic:

I starting listening to the audiobook for the Ahsoka book by EK Johnston. The prologue has a brief interaction with Darth Maul, which is obviously changed for Clone Wars. It is good so far, and is narrated by Ashley Eckstein who voices Ahsoka. I've listened to/read a lot of the newish star wars books too, so if anyone is looking for suggestions or a quick review let me know.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Fett is coming to Mandalorian.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I’m excited to have Morrison back. I would prefer him being Rex, but it is cool to have him be Fett too. I’m glad they waited until season 2 to reveal him, so we now have more time with Din.

It is also cool that Temura Morrison has aged in real life to the point Boba Fett would be in the timeline now. The more I think about it, the more on board I am with the choice.

The documentary show about the Mandalorian is fascinating. A must watch if you liked the show.
    Last edited by TimeSplitter; May 9th, 2020 at 10:55 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it was Boba that was teased, huh? I trust Favreau to do something good with this. Most people who engage him are going to see another Mandalorian which is why there's a lot of potential in Mando encountering him. He fell into Sarlacc's mouth... with a flamethrower, grappling hook, and jet pack.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    If they are going to bring Boba in, they have to address his involvement with Solo and Luke. Even if there is no longer a bounty on Han, he did throw him into the mouth of a giant monster. This is a thing that can't be ignored

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Also, someone else has his armor. But that will probably be ignored since it was in a book...

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    For all the Disney PR saying the books are cannon, they are not. Even when Lucasfilm did the books and they were considered cannon that all went out the window as soon as the Prequels happened. I think the only books they acknowledge as happening was Shadows, Thrawn and the God Awful Vong series as well as a few books that major events or characters, but a large chunk of them were disregardes mainly due to how awful they were. Also, the books were the only Star Wars we were getting. Now, we movies and TV shows. I think they should stop with the books at this point especially the comics where holy God are they just throwing things at a wall.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    They reset the canon (one n) in 2014. It kept only the six films and the Clone Wars TV Series (not the cartoon network one) from before then.

Most things since then are technically canon.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Looked it up and I'm right, there's also this short story from around the time they made the reset that is considered canon as well. Blade Squadron.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I dont think lotjx reads anything. I think he has dreams and uses tidbits out of those as facts.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seeing as how they are now making a Dr. Aphra audio drama, I don’t think they are going to ignore comics.

The books are great. They give readers a bit of insight into some parts of the story, without forcing you to watch/read/listen to everything to understand.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    Also, someone else has his armor. But that will probably be ignored since it was in a book...
    Apparently Timothy Olyphant will be playing the character in question...

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Timothy Olyphant + Star Wars = SIGN ME UP!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Indeed. I read a bit too much about what his role is going to be but it did get me more stoked lol

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Dead Tim Walking...

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Fuck me the 4th episode of Tue mandalorian gallery was amazing.

The volume

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really hope the rumors of Disney removing the Sequel Trilogy from SW canon are true. It would suck not having Leia in the new Sequel Trilogy, but it would still be better than the shit J.J. and Rian gave us.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be nice, hope it's true. They've effectively killed off the Jedi and Sith, the things that make Star Wars what people enjoy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    I really hope the rumors of Disney removing the Sequel Trilogy from SW canon are true. It would suck not having Leia in the new Sequel Trilogy, but it would still be better than the shit J.J. and Rian gave us.
    They won't. I can't even find a source worth a damn so it's probably an idea based on George Lucas' comments about how he wants/wanted to still do a sequel trilogy. Fuck that guy lol.

I have no issue with Star Wars. IMO, there is only 1 that was truly great and that was Empire. Everything else I always go back and compare it to Empire which isn't fair to the other movies because it's like talking about the NBA and going "Well he's not Michael Jordan" I actually liked 7-9 way more than 1-3 by far. Part of that I think has a lot to do with the fact that I am attached to the original cast. The first 3 had a couple good actors but the scripts sucked and the shit just never flowed and felt like "Hey let's sell toys!" as opposed to making a halfway decent prequel trilogy.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new animated show coming to Disney+ next year, focusing on the Bad Batch.

Quote Originally Posted by io9
    Clone Wars and Mandalorian producer Dave Filoni will be one of several executive producers on the show, along with Rebels and Resistance vet Brad Ray acting as supervising director and Resistance vet Jennifer Corbett as head writer.

The Bad Batch themselves are a group of clone troopers who developed mutated defects during the cloning process on Kamino—but found themselves developing enhanced abilities because of the mutation. Instead of discarding the clones or leaving them as support staff, they were pulled together into the spec-ops group Clone Force 99, tasked pull off daring, impossible missions as seen at the beginning of The Clone Wars season 7. This new show will be set in a post-Clone Wars era as “they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.”
    I thought the Clone Wars ended perfectly and I didn’t expect them to go back to this period again. But it should be interesting to see the early days of the Empire in power.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think the Bad Batch is the perfect way to explore this period. They were fun in the few episodes they appeared in the final season. I imagine they'll figure out that the Empire is real bad, and try to fight back, only to be met by Vader.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I’ll be watching that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'm 100% in on this.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finally watched The Mandalorian season 1. Oh my, it is so good. It's the best Star Wars project since Return of the Jedi in my opinion. Hats off to Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni. Jon fucking Favreau man. Give this guy all the IP. He kicked off the new era of Marvel with Iron Man and now this? What a talent.

And baby yoda.... I know I'll be the last person to say this but he is so adorable and I love him and if anything happens to him I'll die.

The best character other than yoda and the lead? This guy:

He is straight out of Labrynth and had some awesome lines and wisdom and backstory. I have spoken.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    They need to drop the fucking trailer already. Season 2 is just over a month away.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    They need to drop the fucking trailer already. Season 2 is just over a month away.
    yea I hope it's still on schedule for an October release. I don't think they've announced a delay and they reportedly finished filming before quarantine but I still wouldn't be shocked if they push it back to November/December (because editing and CGI and whatnot were probably affected by lockdown). Fingers crossed no delay.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    yea I hope it's still on schedule for an October release. I don't think they've announced a delay and they reportedly finished filming before quarantine but I still wouldn't be shocked if they push it back to November/December (because editing and CGI and whatnot were probably affected by lockdown). Fingers crossed no delay.
    Kathleen Kennedy said they finished filming 5 days before the shut down and that ILM had everyone up and running and working from home within the week. I think the actual delay in the trailer is they decided to incorporate Ashoka at the last minute so they did some filming and editing to wrap that up.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    October 30th. Mando szn 2.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm pumped. Now that you've seen it Fro, there is a roundtable show that talks about the behind the scenes stuff. It is pretty interesting, especially the use of the Unreal Engine.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I'm pumped. Now that you've seen it Fro, there is a roundtable show that talks about the behind the scenes stuff. It is pretty interesting, especially the use of the Unreal Engine.
    That blew my mind. Fro would definitely love the making of the music bit too.

Also I'm a bit surprised at this news as a report came out yesterday Disney was not happy with season 2 nor the trailer and was wanting reshoots. Probably just bs.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing I took away from it, other than the cool episode about the music, was that Filoni is deeply, DEEPLY invested lol.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I’ll watch that. I’ve only seen the clip that went viral where Filoni talks about the duel of the fates

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Pumped. THIS IS THE WAY

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone seen the Kenobi trailer? Fuuuuuck cannot wait for this, looks amazing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They haven't started filming Kenobi, how can there be a trailer?

Everything seems to be fan made trailers.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They haven't started filming Kenobi, how can there be a trailer?

Everything seems to be fan made trailers.
    There are trailers dating back a year ago but I don't see how any of them are valid. These fan made trailers can be pretty fucking convincing lol.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup got sucked into a very good fan made one that said official

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Theres a very good short movie one where the guy playing kenobi does a perfect ewan impression.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm excited for season two to start in a few weeks. I'm going to re-watch season 1 leading up to it.

Also, Star Wars Squadrons is a lot of fun.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody love the Mandalorian, series 2 is here!

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Good first episode I thought.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Good first episode I thought.
    Super dope and I love Tim Olyphant.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I think Mandalorian is 5 years after Jedi.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Mandalorian is 5 years after Jedi.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great episode this week. Really intense action at the end and I like how it tied in with the events of last season. It must have been the most liberal use of Baby Yoda to date. He was completely stealing the show.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Great episode.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked episode 1 more, but this show is the best.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I also preferred ep 1 to 2 but that's because

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed this episode, but first was better. Great show still.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    well disney doing a boba fett mini series now. can you please do obi wan first and come back to this later. thanx

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    For anyone that don't know; the spider monster(s) were originally designed for ESB/Dagobah by the great Ralph McQuarrie, pretty cool to see them in live action 40 years later (they appeared in Rebels season 2 earlier). It's called a "Krykna", a.k.a "white knobby spider".

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those spiders reminded me of the Kenner B'omarr Monk mail away figure from back in 1997. I liked the second episode from Season 2. To me, it's part of the story that's being told. I can't wait till this Friday for the next chapter. I don't know if Zeltrons have been canonized, but they could do that, maybe use some of those aliens from Jabba's palace too. Make it familiar. That would please fans without being fan-service-y, I think.

While I feel his inclusion in the show will be brief this almost makes me want one episode of Boba's escape similar to how they told Cobb's. That, in itself, could be interesting rather than being told he escaped and move on.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    We could see in the trailer that Frog Lady finds her husband and that Sasha Banks shows up. Guessing she is the Mandalorian Mr. Frog has seen (Sabine Wren)?

Oh yeah, Zeltrons.. I remember that one from the old Marvel comics, Dani was it? She hung around Rik Duel and Chido.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Personally I am hoping, even though i love banks, she is just a one off role and not sabine or any other established character. I just dont have a good feeling about her acting skills. could be wrong. I trust filoni and Johnny boy so we shall see.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    also if for some reason banks is sabine I look forward to the explanation to mando of why she doesn't wear her helmet since it's a big part of the lore in the mandalorian.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I mean every Mandalorian in the cartoons takes their helmet off.

So something has to happen between Rebels and now. Probably something to do with the great purge of Mandalore and maybe after that them taking the oath (but that doesn't match up with our guy saying he hasn't taken it off since he was a child timeline wise).

It might be a clan specific thing for the clan he is in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Pedro Pascal is a bitch.

That is all.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Just subscribing to this thread to say I love the mandalorian.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    I mean every Mandalorian in the cartoons takes their helmet off.

So something has to happen between Rebels and now. Probably something to do with the great purge of Mandalore and maybe after that them taking the oath (but that doesn't match up with our guy saying he hasn't taken it off since he was a child timeline wise).

It might be a clan specific thing for the clan he is in.
    I do think it is clan specific. Maybe the "Night of a thousand tears" that he references in the Season 1 finale impacted others. Mando became a part of a plan during the Clone Wars, so I think his is clan specific. It doesn't bother me that some take it off and others do not. I think the first episode is setting the stage for Mando to be more than just his armor.

I've really enjoyed the first two episodes. I didn't know that Peyton Reed was on the director list for this season, so it was a cool surprise at the end of episode 2 to see it was his, really cool. I have an issue if Sasha Banks is Sabine, only because that character is suppose to be doing something else.

Spoiler for what my prediction is:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    what an episode

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not watched the newest one yet, but as an aside, I feel like we should have a separate thread for Mandalorian. No biggie, but I think it would just be cleaner to have our discussion of it in its own thread. Maybe I'll make one later, unless someone beats me to it.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, go for it Fro

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not watched the newest one yet, but as an aside, I feel like we should have a separate thread for Mandalorian. No biggie, but I think it would just be cleaner to have our discussion of it in its own thread. Maybe I'll make one later, unless someone beats me to it.
    Honestly surprised no one made a thread.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Some probably thought it would be redirected here.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Great episode.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    So, the next Star Wars feature film will be Star Wars: Rogue Squadron (2023).

Ahsoka, Kenobi (featuring Hayden Christensen as Vader), Rangers of the New Republic, Andor, The Bad Batch (animated) and Lando series have all been announced for Disney+.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anything on what Rogue Squadron will be about?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The video with Patty Jenkins is really good

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Disney oversaturates the film market with lots of so-so Star Wars movies to the point of unprofitability, then they get one hit show and decide to do the same with streaming.

I’m sure some of these shows will be good but it’s kinda lame that season 2 of Mandalorian has become a spin off showcase.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So Disney oversaturates the film market with lots of so-so Star Wars movies to the point of unprofitability, then they get one hit show and decide to do the same with streaming.

I’m sure some of these shows will be good but it’s kinda lame that season 2 of Mandalorian has become a spin off showcase.
    I mean not really. They will say its mandalorian spin off but when it boils down to it Ashoka didnt come from there, Boba most certainly didnt. The new republic thi g is really the only one that will most likely be, especially of Gina ends up as the star.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    I mean not really. They will say its mandalorian spin off but when it boils down to it Ashoka didnt come from there, Boba most certainly didnt. The new republic thi g is really the only one that will most likely be, especially of Gina ends up as the star.
    exactly. they've just used mando episodes as a backdoor pilot for certain characters and concepts.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    They also announced "Droids" with R2D2 and C3PO and something called Star Wars: Visions, no idea what that's about. I think there was something about a projected lead by Taika Waititi too. Also for non-SW; Willow and Indiana Jones.

I think all these original SW series is a way to avoid the problem they've had with people subscribing to Disney+ for the Mandalorian and then canceling the moment after the last episode airs.

/"Droids" should be Star Wars: a Droid Story. I was thinking of the old comic book.
    Last edited by OD50; December 11th, 2020 at 6:46 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Visions is going to Star Wars stories told through the lens of some of the best Anime studios in the world.

I think all of the shows and movies make sense. The built a second Volume in London, and that is where Andor is filming.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Star Wars movies haven't made a profit? Solo was probably the only one off the top that I can think of that didn't pull in what they hoped but it still made money.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Solo was a mistake for two reasons:

1) Disney did not promote it as much as other Star Wars movies because Infinity War came out a month earlier and got a ton more ads
    2) It was 5 months after The Last Jedi came out instead of the normal year in between movies

It made just under $400 million. By Star Wars standards that is low, but that is still a lot of money.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Star Wars movies haven't made a profit? Solo was probably the only one off the top that I can think of that didn't pull in what they hoped but it still made money.
    Solo wasn't profitable for Disney according to most estimates. It may have lost them $50 or 80 million or something like that, but who knows what the numbers are when you account for streaming and merchandise revenues and whatnot.

Anyway that was really their only flop. My phrasing was overly harsh but they did have to re-think and pump the brakes on their strategy with movies after that flop because of franchise fatigue or whatever you want to call it. This plan to pump out tv shows strikes me as similar to their previous plan to pump out movies. Hopefully they pick the right filmmakers to make these shows good, like they did with Mandalorian. Personally I don't trust Kathleen Kennedy in the way I now trust Kevin Feige when it comes to quality control. I'm more skeptical of these numerous announced Star Wars shows than I am of the numerous announced MCU shows for that reason. But we'll see.

I haven't even seen Solo yet for the record, but I want to watch it soon. I've heard mixed things about it.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really didn't think Solo was as bad as everyone made it out to be.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Solo wasn't profitable for Disney according to most estimates. It may have lost them $50 or 80 million or something like that, but who knows what the numbers are when you account for streaming and merchandise revenues and whatnot.

Anyway that was really their only flop. My phrasing was overly harsh but they did have to re-think and pump the brakes on their strategy with movies after that flop because of franchise fatigue or whatever you want to call it. This plan to pump out tv shows strikes me as similar to their previous plan to pump out movies. Hopefully they pick the right filmmakers to make these shows good, like they did with Mandalorian. Personally I don't trust Kathleen Kennedy in the way I now trust Kevin Feige when it comes to quality control. I'm more skeptical of these numerous announced Star Wars shows than I am of the numerous announced MCU shows for that reason. But we'll see.

I haven't even seen Solo yet for the record, but I want to watch it soon. I've heard mixed things about it.
    I'm trying to see where you're coming up with the idea that there was any type of franchise fatigue because 1 movie didn't make a billion like the others. It seems like Star Wars rarely misses and they have a large enough fanbase and overall appeal to continue to make these big moves.

Now if you want to talk about how people felt after the 2nd trilogy.....haha. Shit, that was probably more franchise fatigue in the sense that wasn't very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I really didn't think Solo was as bad as everyone made it out to be.
    The problem I had with this movie is the guy was trying to be a parody of Han Solo. Imagine if Bruce Campbell was playing Han Solo in Army of Darkness. Does that make sense? People get it twisted but the truth is, "Han Solo" is Harrison Ford. IDK if that's who they had in mind when creating the character. The man made the character not the other way around. This isn't like playing Batman. You're expecting a guy who was 5-6 years younger than Ford was when he took on the role to even come at it 50% of what Ford could do? That's impossible.

This movie was actually good when you put it into the Star Wars universe and I hope they do more. In a perfect world we would've had this tech back in the 80's and 90's and would've had Ford doing Han Solo movies. I always wanted movies in the 90's that were post-Jedi but we got what we got lol.