Thread: The Football League Thread

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    No you were 3rd best.
    Davies is a championship level manager who is very sucessful at building hard to beat functional teams.
    2nd best.

Its good to know we are in good hands then, cheers!

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he gets you up, bearing in mind he couldnt manage it with Preston despite creating a good team I can't see him being able to keep you up. Then again Megsons managed to keep Bolton up so you never know.

He's not a shit manager, he made a number of shit purchases and played some awful football at times but got results probably more than he should have. Would've probably by guesstimate got 20-24 points in the premiership I reckon. If he had got Jones like he had wanted possibly 28-30.

He's not as good as he thinks he is though

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the argument that the points deduction somehow helped leeds that season is nonsense. 3rd best in the 3rd best league but it's ok. You can still be proud of it

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he gets you up, bearing in mind he couldnt manage it with Preston despite creating a good team I can't see him being able to keep you up. Then again Megsons managed to keep Bolton up so you never know.

He's not a shit manager, he made a number of shit purchases and played some awful football at times but got results probably more than he should have. Would've probably by guesstimate got 20-24 points in the premiership I reckon. If he had got Jones like he had wanted possibly 28-30.

He's not as good as he thinks he is though
    No, he definitely isnt as good as he thinks he is.

Its hard to judge him (or anyone) on signings here because of our stupid "acquisition panel". No-one knows if its the manager, Pleat, the chairman who is buying players.

It's well known that the chairman personally bought Andy Cole though.

Brilliant.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He didn't sign Earnshaw and wasn't happy at the signing apparently. EDIT : For derby that is. It's probably common knowledge though but the rumours are he tried to sell him the next day.....

The talk of him and Camp not getting on at Derby are exaggerated. The players he likes are very very loyal to him like Oakley etc

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Rather that than be LITERALLY the worst team in Premiership history.
    Have people really forgot about Swindon's season in the premiership.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swindon got 30 points mate.

Derby got 11.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeah i know but Swindon conceded 100 goals. They only won 5 out of 42 i think they were worse then Derby but yeah it's pretty close between the two of them.
    Last edited by Gary J; June 16th, 2009 at 5:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when Sunderland were the first team in Premier League history the first time around. (19 points, though they had most of them already when I started watching)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...383727,00.html
    Sheffield United have signed Kyel Reid. Raging. Would have been a brilliant signing for us as well. I think he's a very talented guy. Ched Evans will do well if he plays with this lad and Jamie Ward

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DERBY County will get their 2009-10 Championship campaign underway at home to newly-promoted Peterborough United.

Darren Ferguson’s side will visit Pride Park Stadium on Saturday, August 8.
    Then, after a midweek Carling Cup first round tie at Rotherham United, the Rams will travel to Scunthorpe United – also promoted from League One last season – on Saturday, August 15.
    It will be Derby’s first-ever league match at Glanford Park and the first competitive meeting between the two sides since 1963-4.
    Later in the month, on August 29, Nigel Clough’s men face arch rivals Nottingham Forest at the City Ground. The return match at Pride Park is scheduled for January 30.

OOOOOOOOFFFF

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Away AGAIN on the first day, to Carlisle. But, Brighton at home the week after, then NORWICH at home on the Tuesday and SOUTHAMPTON AWAY on the Saturday brilliant.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lincoln away on the first day, quickly followed by a nice trip to Torquay at the end of August.

My two favourite away trips, Morecambe and Bournemouth, are in bloody January and February though!

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell, Reading and West Brom first two games.

The Sheep shaggers in the first month though. That'll do.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you won't get battered this time. It'll be humiliating if you fail to win 3 times in a row at home. Proper humiliating.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Newcastle v West Brom on the opening day.

How happy will the Toon Army be after they wind up with 0 points from the first match day?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That depends on who west brom get in and who they keep. Did they not struggle initially when the went down last time before Mowbray came in?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe you won't get battered this time. It'll be humiliating if you fail to win 3 times in a row at home. Proper humiliating.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...er-820786.html

LOL.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you lost twice at home to the worst premiership team in history. If you lost again would you not be a bit humiliated? Even a draw wouldn't quite cut it would it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/7861679.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/7883601.stm

I mean you did manage to get a draw at our place due to probably the worst referee of modern times making another blunder.

It just seems a little odd the fact you are stressing how bad a team we were when we utterly humbled you

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's almost akin to Leeds fans laughing at United for losing in the champions league and just think if it wasn't for the points deduction they would probably be where you are now. Interesting that. Even Leicester managed to get out of that division without the big helping hand you got.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all seriousness though Davies has to get a result in that game surely? I know a few fans were on his back after that other 2, which is always going to happen in that situation. Failing to win again with what should be by that point 'his squad' won't exactly endear him will it?

He started quite poorly with us in the promotion season made a few signings after we had started like bywater and leacock etc but they came good. I have literally no idea what to expect this season. Clough has got us playing amazing football but we could easily be back in a relegation battle it's such an impossible division to call. Wouldn't be too shocked if you finished above us but then Earnshaw seems quite injury prone so it's hard to know.

Having the fixtures infront of you just emphasises it. Peterborough and Scunthorpe to start should be ok but then we all thought that of our start last season and look what happened there.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you lost twice at home to the worst premiership team in history. If you lost again would you not be a bit humiliated? Even a draw wouldn't quite cut it would it?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...up/7861679.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot..._1/7883601.stm

I mean you did manage to get a draw at our place due to probably the worst referee of modern times making another blunder.

It just seems a little odd the fact you are stressing how bad a team we were when we utterly humbled you
    Even though you were utter shit you were to all intents and purposes a Premiership team in 2007. We had spent 3 years in League one and had a league one team (with literally two exceptions). It would be like when West Brom play Scunthorpe this season. Hopefully this summer will see the squads evened out a bit more and we can put you back in your box.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's almost akin to Leeds fans laughing at United for losing in the champions league and just think if it wasn't for the points deduction they would probably be where you are now. Interesting that. Even Leicester managed to get out of that division without the big helping hand you got.
    Leeds cheated. They got punished. End of story.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were to all intents a championship team in 2007. We spent far less than everybody else. That said our squad last year had its strengths.

Also it's nothing like West Brom and Scunthorpe. I think Scunthorpe actually play some decent football.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In all seriousness though Davies has to get a result in that game surely? I know a few fans were on his back after that other 2, which is always going to happen in that situation. Failing to win again with what should be by that point 'his squad' won't exactly endear him will it?

I think once it is his team then yes it will be down to him. As it stands he is still working with the rabble that Calderwood left him.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were to all intents a championship team in 2007. We spent far less than everybody else. That said our squad last year had its strengths.

Also it's nothing like West Brom and Scunthorpe. I think Scunthorpe actually play some decent football.
    Well seeing as we have spent the best part of a decade selling off whatever decent players we have had I think it's fair to say you spent more than us!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant in relation to premiership teams. Our spending was akin to upper Championship teams I think. Most of the money we did spend that season was horribly wasted. Think only Savage of our first team was signed during that period and even then by god he's paid a lot. Nearly everyone else is rotting in reserves or shipped out (at huge cost as well such as Todd,Miller and others who Billy signed).

As I said I think Billy has to get a result against us. Nigel has 2 away victories to his name in the fixture so that should buy him some grace.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant in relation to premiership teams. Our spending was akin to upper Championship teams I think. Most of the money we did spend that season was horribly wasted. Think only Savage of our first team was signed during that period and even then by god he's paid a lot. Nearly everyone else is rotting in reserves or shipped out (at huge cost as well such as Todd,Miller and others who Billy signed).

As I said I think Billy has to get a result against us. Nigel has 2 away victories to his name in the fixture so that should buy him some grace.
    To be fair though I think given the depth of our squads at the time I think I, and a few other fans I know, are prepared to write off last season and start with a clean slate.

I can't even remember how many times I've been to Gay Pride Park now and seen us not win. At least five. I will be pissed off if it's six.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That depends on who west brom get in and who they keep. Did they not struggle initially when the went down last time before Mowbray came in?
    I know the season Megson took them up with Norwich, they got horsed 4-1 on the opening day by Walsall.

WHo were later relegated by Paul Merson.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the Forest/Derby - sof/red dog footy rivalry

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's fun reading the posts.

Tough start for the Geordie's,

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're at home for the seventh season in a row

I'm giving up my season ticket this year as I'm moving to Oireland for a couple of years. I'm still hoping to make it to around half of our matches though. Now the fixtures are out I'll book some dirt cheap Ryanair flights. Southampton away on the last day of the season is amazing. Can't wait for that.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southampton away for me is when I'm not even fucking in Southampton. I'll go anyway, but it's annoying.

We've got you at home on a Tuesday in September, should be good, will be looking to go to that one. Leeds at home on a Saturday in December

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah i noted the date of the Brentford match. I doubt I'd have gone anyway as I've still got bad memories of Valentines Day 2006.

Southampton away was our last game in our Championship season and was an amazing day with 4,000 Shrimpers enjoying the day out. I'll definitely be at that one.

Christmas should be good. We've got Col U at home then Orient & Millwall away.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southend and Millwall away within 3 weeks of each other, lovely jubbly.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    Leeds at home on a Saturday in December
    Make it a good christmas and give them a good stuffing.

Cruiserweight Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coventry away first day, followed by Palace and then Leicester at home - quite happy with that, good chance to get off to a flyer.

Newcastle at home 26th Sept, Boro away in Sept too.

Are run in looks pretty tough with Newcastle away and then Sheff UTD at home on the final day of the season

- every game is tough in this league though

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    FM legend Skjelbred is still interested in coming to the club as he was a childhood fan...but so was Berbatov.

Shearer has apparently also outlined that he would like One Size and Dextor Blackstock as well as Beckford.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/fo...l/article.html

FORMER Nottingham Forest midfielder Sammy Clingan wants out of relegated Norwich City.
    The Northern Ireland man opted against staying at the City Ground to join the Canaries last summer.
    But they were relegated to League One and he has told manager Bryan Gunn he wants to leave.
    Coventry and Cardiff are among those interested in the midfielder, for whom Norwich turned down a bid from Premiership Fulham last season.
    Gunn said: "You'd like to think you'd be able to keep Sammy Clingan, but if he expresses his wishes to play elsewhere what do you do?

"You obviously try and help him on his way and get the best deal for Norwich City."

What a trooper this guy is! Leaves us because "he wants to join a better club and get into the premiership". They promptly get relegated to League One with him in the team and then he decides to jump ship.

I wonder where he will end up?

SOF. If he joins a Premiership club I will have a Sammy Clingan avator for one month. If he doesn't, you have to have an avator of my choice for one month. Deal? Ok, good.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Behave yourself.

I think he'll end up at Cardiff or QPR.

I said he could perform the role that he was linked with in a handful of premiership teams.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm sure all the Premiership managers are aware of his ability so you never know.

He is fucking ugly, isn't he? Is that an Irish thing?

He looks like an alien.

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it is an Irish thing, have you seen their cricket team?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm sure all the Premiership managers are aware of his ability so you never know.

He is fucking ugly, isn't he? Is that an Irish thing?

He looks like an alien.
    Have you not seen Robert Earnshaw? Jesus

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's beautiful.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paulo Sousa is replacing Martinez at Swansea APPAZ, he's been offered the job anyway http://www.swanseacity.net/page/Late...695778,00.html

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BRENTFORD have won the race for centre-back Alan Bennett.
    The 27-year-old Irishman was formidable at the heart of the Bees defence on their way to the League Two title last term, on a season-long loan from Reading.
    Benno is at home in Cork for Neal Horgan's testimonial tomorrow, and held talks with a club representative who flew to Ireland earlier this week.
    And despite interest from Southend, Barnet and Oldham, he will put pen to paper on a new two-year contract with Brentford when he returns to London.
    He said: "I spoke to someone from Brentford who came over to Cork a couple of days ago and it was all really positive. I’m happy enough so it’s just a matter of me actually signing the contract at this stage."
    YEEEEEEEEEEESSSS!

He is brilliant and was very important last year, I reckon he can comfortably cut in League One. He would have been hard to replace. Fuck knows why Barnet were going for him

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    When does the schedule for the Johnstone Paint trophy come out? I NEED TO KNOW!

Also, why no fixtures for the Conference yet? I want to start planning my day trips.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno mate. But in news that will interest you, Colchester have bid 250k () for Grant Holt.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Blue View Post
    When does the schedule for the Johnstone Paint trophy come out? I NEED TO KNOW!

Also, why no fixtures for the Conference yet? I want to start planning my day trips.
    Blue Square stuff is released on the 2nd of July, Isn't the JPT draw late August?

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    APPAZ we're chasing FOUR players who have previously played for us, could one of them be Paul Smith?!?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Dunno mate. But in news that will interest you, Colchester have bid 250k () for Grant Holt.
    Yeah I saw that. Paul Simpson instantly came out and denied that they have any intention of selling him, or in fact need to sell him. Looks like he'll be staying put. I hope so anyway - not keen on his chances of getting to 20 goals in the league above, at all.

Interesting stat I did read is that Grant Holt covered more ground than any player in League Two last season. He's basically the lower league version of Kevin Davies.

Quote Originally Posted by connorboy View Post
    Blue Square stuff is released on the 2nd of July, Isn't the JPT draw late August?
    Probably. Thought they'd have the schedule about somewhere - what dates the games will be played, etc. Haven't had any luck in finding it.

APPAZ we're chasing FOUR players who have previously played for us, could one of them be Paul Smith?!?
    Paul Smith the ex-Southampton keeper, or the ex-Gillingham midfield hard man? Didn't both play for you?

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both played for us but I'm talking about the goalie.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Blue View Post
    Interesting stat I did read is that Grant Holt covered more ground than any player in League Two last season. He's basically the lower league version of Kevin Davies
    He's shit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Clearly not shit at that level. Shit players don't score nearly 30 goals a season as well as display the highest work rate in the whole league.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's nothing special like you are making out. You've been influenced by the media here and the fact that he went for a big transfer fee from a higher league club I'm afraid. He's massively overrated, half his goals were penalties and from open play he's not scored as much as the other top strikers in the division.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Holt isn't that great. Lester, Jackson, LeFondre and O'Flynn are probably all better all round players. He'll do well in League Two were a lot of the play is physical but in any other league he'll drop just like Liam Hatch, Clive Platt and many others. He's found his level.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MacDonald (who simply looked better than Holt, scored a well finished goal with good all round play at Griffin Park) and Rhodes (perfect hat trick at their place) both outclassed him last season when we played them too.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't impressed by Holt or Reuben Reid. Both look total immobile lumps of striker.

Cut out the long ball they want and you've contained them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    He's nothing special like you are making out. You've been influenced by the media here and the fact that he went for a big transfer fee from a higher league club I'm afraid. He's massively overrated, half his goals were penalties and from open play he's not scored as much as the other top strikers in the division.
    Influenced by the media? Hardly. Surprisingly I haven't been exposed to much media coverage of Grant Holt.

I say he's brilliant to wind you up - I'm aware that he's a good L2 striker but would probably struggle, and has done in the past, at a higher level. But when he's scoring the goals that he is and working as hard as he is, he should probably be considered as a good striker at L2 level. You simply stating that he's shit is clearly wide of the mark.

He's an ex-Barrow player. I feel the need to defend him.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grant Holt was a decent player for us in League One. Yeah he scored a lot of penalties but he won the majority himself. Got player of the year. In bad side, granted.

Wouldn't want him back, obviously but I don't think he is "shit".

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm predicting we sign Mills, Stock and McKenna in the next week.

Anyone know anything about these players that I have just plucked out the air?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is BD back from his holidays? Got Ned Kelly etc in yet?

Mills and Stock are very good.
    Like McKenna think he is Billys attempt at finding another Oakley.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ned Kelly's been there from the start mate.

I rated Oakley when he was at you so if McKenna is similar I'll be happy.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we got Lee Croft. Him, Commons, Davies, Teale and possibly a loanee on the wings next season should provide some ammo for Hulse and Porter to tuck away.

Dean Moxey to be completed in the next few days for a fee starting at 200k rising to 300k.

Mears out by this time next week. Possibly 1 or 2 others out. New CB being lined up.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you've finally signed Moxey, he should be an excellent signing. We've missed out on Billy Clarke, he's gone to Blackpool, dunno how well he'll do in the Championship but I'm gutted. If we can get Rhodes back on loan I'll be happy though.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we got Lee Croft. Him, Commons, Davies, Teale and possibly a loanee on the wings next season should provide some ammo for Hulse and Porter to tuck away.

Dean Moxey to be completed in the next few days for a fee starting at 200k rising to 300k.

Mears out by this time next week. Possibly 1 or 2 others out. New CB being lined up.
    You may be signing Shaun Barker. Forest definitely won't be.

From the horses mouth.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuff is going to happen this week lads. I can feel it.

Can you feel it?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1fXL3s7bk[/ame]

Signing Anderson and McGoldrick this week. Allegedly.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon we'll sign 4 more players before start of season.

CB, RB, CM and maybe another striker though I'ld like to see Prijovic given a crack of the whip even in the 'reserves'.

If we sell Barnes I could see another winger coming in but I really hope we keep him then we have options in central midfield as well. Might need cover for Savage but if we get a new CB and Leacock fit Addison can go into midfield again.

Davis to go, Albrechtson will be at risk of going to. Stewart, Caroll, Villa and Dickinson all out the door as well. Squads looking a bit leaner now but as I said before this division is mental can't predict much.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you not interested in my white hot ITK Shaun Barker news??!!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK GO

I think we're too cheap to meet a proper asking price but fingers crossed

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already said above - if he joins anyone it will def be Derby and not Forest.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he say why? I thought he was a Forest fan? I would like him to join us I really would. Think Leacock will be a massive plus point if we can get him back and fit missed him massively last year. One of the best at this level.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he say why? I thought he was a Forest fan? I would like him to join us I really would. Think Leacock will be a massive plus point if we can get him back and fit missed him massively last year. One of the best at this level.
    £££££

He is a Forest fan but not like we support clubs cause he was too busy playing to really follow them properly.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems weird if you would want him that we would pay more? I mean you're willing to spend 2.5m on mills fee let alone wages.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Mills is a fair bit better though from what I've been reading up about him. I've seen Shaun play numerous times and the only time I was really impressed he was marking Gareth Taylor.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuff is going to happen this week lads. I can feel it.

Can you feel it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW1fXL3s7bk

Signing Anderson and McGoldrick this week. Allegedly.
    Signed McGoldrick!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume Blackstock isn't coming then?

I mean you have Garner, Earnshaw, McGoldrick, Adebola, Tyson and have I forgotten anyone?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the Blackstock deal is dead in the water apparantly.

I'm sure five strikers will suffice.

Some defenders and a goalie would be nice now.

Anderson by the end of the day? I should have put some money on this.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Signed McGoldrick!
    Paul Anderson is a done deal for you now according to some of our forums. He was apparently in Hull the other day to see family and telling everyone he's on his way to Forest.

Shame he never got a chance for us as he looked pretty good when i went to watch the reserves.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've signed McGoldrick? unlucky.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    Paul Anderson is a done deal for you now according to some of our forums. He was apparently in Hull the other day to see family and telling everyone he's on his way to Forest.

Shame he never got a chance for us as he looked pretty good when i went to watch the reserves.
    I never realised he was at Hull.

If he can sort out his final ball he will be a very good player indeed. We hardly won a match when he wasn't in the team last season.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How's his shoulder?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I never realised he was at Hull.

If he can sort out his final ball he will be a very good player indeed. We hardly won a match when he wasn't in the team last season.
    Yeah we snapped him up as a youngster and Peter Taylor proclaimed he was gonna be a future superstar and all the local press started proclaiming him the future which then got the reserve games some decent attendences as we wanted to see if he lived up to the hype.

Taylor then ended up swapping him for John Welsh and some cash before he even played a game for us.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it it's still a bit sore?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Signed Llera today, probably because Hudsons off to Cardiff. Any good anyone?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any rumours about Nicky B leaving, Connor?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None yet, West Brom were sniffing around but thats all died down, the focus is on Shelvey at the moment

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MEXICO CITY, June 29 (Reuters) - Argentine striker Emmanuel Villa is joining Cruz Azul from English Championship (second division) side Derby County, the Mexican club said on Monday.

"We have reached an agreement with Derby County of England for the transfer of Emmanuel Villa, who will arrive (in Mexico) on Tuesday to undergo a medical and sign a contract," Cruz Azul said in a statement.

Villa, 27, has played in Mexico before for Atlas and Tecos UAG. He played for Huracan, Atletico Rafaela and Rosario Central in his home country.

Mexico's Apertura championship starts on the last weekend of July. (Reporting by Carlos Calvo; Editing by John O'Brien; To query or comment on this story email sportsfeedback@thomsonreuters.com)

Bye TITO you beast of a man

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take it it's still a bit sore?
    Think he should be ok now. Thanks for your concern though.

I'm concerned about the McGoldrick signing because we were linked with him ages ago. Which suggests to me thats its still David fucking kerb crawler Pleat signing our players and not the manager.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess you'll find out soon enough. Billy will let it be known and quickly as he did with Earnshaw here

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Adebola is clearly a blatant Davies signing so when thats confirmed I'll be happier.

I can't believe Tyrone Mears has gone to Burnley - he's garbage!

And besides, they have Mike Duff at right back. Who is without doubt the best ever player I had when I played Champ Man 01/02. Legend.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is confirmed it's on your official site the bbc tells me.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two signings in two days.

I can barely contain myself.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Duff should be playing for Northern Ireland again we don't have many in premiership squads.

Looking like Martin Patterson is going to get a game at the minute as well. Lovely stuff.

Mears is a brilliant signing for them something like 750k all in. Brilliant gamble.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul Anderson has signed now!

I am actually very happy about that one.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've signed MYLES WESTON who apparently is crap

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Pinnacle have pulled their bid. Did that happen yesterday or how did the McGoldrick move go through? Are transfers not frozen whilst a club is in admin/during a takeover? Maybe we can expect Surman to go tommorow and then negotiations continue?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see Pinnacle have pulled their bid. Did that happen yesterday or how did the McGoldrick move go through? Are transfers not frozen whilst a club is in admin/during a takeover? Maybe we can expect Surman to go tommorow and then negotiations continue?
    I think the transfer has been done for a while. And we have only released it this week as its when new STs go on sale.

Not that I'm cynical.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess that's possible. I've seen that logic being put about a few times around why not announce it the week before ST go on sale surely announcing 3 in 2 days they lose a little impact. Adebola certainly.

With Villa and Mears out the door today I reckon we should have a bit more money to play with. RB, CB and try and convince Barnes to stay as I love him. CM on loan from premiership maybe a trialist coming in perm and it's all looking good. Though I would like to keep Pearson if his wages aren't too restrictive.

Just need to get Caroll, Davis, Zadakovich and a few others out the door. It's sad to say but in some cases we need to get people out and replace them with a player who is 75-80% the quality but has 30-40% the wage demands too many on wages Billy kindly gave them.

My secret tip for Derby Player of the Year : Jay McEverley. Love him.