User Tag List

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
Results 2,501 to 2,596 of 2596

Thread: Comedy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new Amy Schumer HBO stand-up special is pretty good. Mainly just sex, vaginas, sex, fat joke, sex, vagina joke, sexism, men, being single joke, vaginas etc. But pretty good nonetheless.

Very funny bit on Kevin James being in the Zookeeper, and actresses vs actors in Hollywood.

Simon
    This is great. Caller rings in to the John Robins show on Radio X and reels off a brilliant rambling story of his problem trying to get eggs home without smashing them. I've no idea whether it was a planned part of the show or they just got lucky with a naturally funny caller, but fuck me it is so funny.

http://picosong.com/6ibm/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Hannibal Buress stand-up added to Netflix and it's great. I think the UK Netflix has old ones just added too.

Simon
    Aziz Ansari's show Master Of None is fucking brilliant.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno how much this is common knowledge but ALL 4 has got practically every channel 4 comedy ever on it. It's amazing.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Ohhhh I feel a father ted binge coming on

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anthony Jeselnek is pretty funny.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched a new Jimmy Carr special on Netflix with the wife. Laughed our asses off. I think the only other time I'd seen him was on Comedy Central, so I knew he was good but it was a much tamer version of his stuff, so hearing him go all out here was pretty great.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Got my ticket for Bill Burr in Edinburgh during the Fringe. Anyone going this year? Can you recommend anyone else?

Andy
    Anyone catch Still Game on Friday? I thought it was one of the better episodes they've done.

Simon
    I never watched the original show but I've heard it's great? I'm wary of dismissing parochial Scottish comedy ever since Limmy.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Anyone catch Still Game on Friday? I thought it was one of the better episodes they've done.
    Thought it was ok.

Simon - the first few series are absolutely brilliant. they are on netflix.
    TAPS AFF!

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought it was quite shit. Was brilliant in its day though obviously.

Simon
    Am I right in thinking it's made by the same people that did the sketch show Absolutely? I saw a bit of that and it seemed pretty good.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Am I right in thinking it's made by the same people that did the sketch show Absolutely? I saw a bit of that and it seemed pretty good.
    nope chewing the fat was their sketch show. also brilliant. also on netflix.
    TAPS AFF!

Simon
    Ah right I've heard of that but not seen it. Another one to add to the list.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    I thought the new episode was good. Still Game is at it's best when it manages to mix the funny stuff with the more serious moments. Winston's brother was a good example of that I thought.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of chewin the fat was bollocks but Ronald Villiers is up there as one of the funniest comedy characters ever created. YouTube him at once Simon.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    invisible boss and taysiders in space are works of genius.
    TAPS AFF!

Simon
    Just watched a couple of the Ronald Villiers sketches, "this bloody seat's kicking my starfish in" hahahaha

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also the George, Harry and Linda sketches are amazing. It's about a husband constantly putting down his wife in front of his mate. Much better than it sounds.

Andy
    Yeah Chewin' the Fat is hit and miss but the funny stuff is really funny.

I find Still Game consistently good without being great most of the time, with a few genuinely great episodes here and there. There is some crackers definitely, well worth a watch.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still Game was top drawer this week. I almost pissed myself at the new barman.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Still Game was top drawer this week. I almost pissed myself at the new barman.
    Loved the little recreation of this scene from 'The Great Escape' when the booze was making Winston blind:

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye that bit was ridiculous. Hoping for more of the same next week.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still Game has been getting more and more awesome by the week. Methadone Mick last week and the cheating Fergie and Boaby/Navid job swap storylines this week. Loving it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sexy Murder

BBC Three has commissioned Sexy Murder from Roughcut TV - a six part satirical parody of reality crime series like Making a Murderer, The Jinx and Serial.The show features 'Televisionary’ and 'Truth Crusader’ Christoph Spinelli (Rich Fulcher) who has come to the UK to do for British Crime what he’s done for America - speculate to the point of insanity and manage to make a story out of absolutely nothing. In search of a miscarriage of justice to defend, Spinelli’s documentary investigates the mysterious disappearance of Polly Worcester and her would-be attacker, Tom Jessop, with all the objectivity, truth and (most importantly) sexiness you would expect. Unfortunately for Tom, Spinelli is the last person you would want on your side…

Sexy Murder stars The Mighty Boosh comedian, Rich Fulcher as Christoph Spinetti, alongside Nick Mohammed, Lolly Adefope, Shaun Williamson, Maggie O'Neill and features James Gordon, Daniel Barker, Phil Wang, Marcia Warren and Ewan Bailey.

Ash Atalla, Roughcut TV, says: "Roughcut, as well as having a growing sitcom business, is embracing fast turnaround short form projects like BBC Three’s Sexy Murder. It's brilliant and silly and is a way of comedically reflecting the shows everyone is talking about."

Rich Fulcher, says: “This show is so sexy that I want to have sex with it.”

Damian Kavanagh, Controller BBC Three, says: "I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, BBC Three is the home of the best, brightest and most innovative British comedy around today.”

Sexy Murder (6x5) is a Roughcut TV production for BBC Three. It was commissioned by Damian Kavanagh, Controller BBC Three and Alex Moody, BBC Comedy. Ash Atalla is Executive Producer at Roughcut TV.

The show was created by the team behind BBC Three’s Top Coppers, Produced By Roughcut TV’s Bertie Peek, Directed by Céin McGillicuddy, and Written by Andy Kinnear & Céin McGillicuddy.

Sexy Murder will be available from BBC Three and embeddable in full from www.youtube.com/bbcthree w/c Monday 31 Oct.

Sexy Murder is the latest BBC Three commission from Roughcut TV, following the success of mockumentary, People Just Do Nothing and Greg Davies and Taylor Lautner comedy, Cuckoo.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/lat...16/sexy-murder

This is absolutely brilliant. All the webisodes are on Youtube to watch.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    Mitchell and Webb working together on a new sitcom:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7420256.html

If you’re missing Mark and Jez, you might be able to find some solace in the form of Back, a new sitcom coming to Channel 4.

Not only does it star Mitchell and Webb, but it was written by Simon Blackwell, the Emmy winner behind Veep and In the Loop who also worked on Peep Show, and sees Webb play a character who relentlessly disrupts Mitchell’s plans.

The show centres around Stephen, who inherits a pub after his landlord and local legend father dies.

“It’s now Stephen’s chance to shine,” a statement for the show, announced at Channel 4’s Upfronts 2017 event, reads. “His only achievements so far have been marriage (followed by divorce) and a slightly disappointing pub refurb. But when the charming Andrew (Webb) turns up out of the blue at his dad’s funeral, Stephen’s plans go awry.”

The pair’s dysfunctional relationship certainly sounds a lot like Mark and Jez’s, with Stephen seeing Andrew as a “glib, dangerous sociopath who’s about to steal his family, his business and his life.”

Mitchell commented: “It’s great to be making a new show for Channel 4, a broadcaster which has always been huge supporter of new comedy, and with a writer of Simon Blackwell’s talent. And, in Simon Blackwell, we’ve found a writer of precisely Simon Blackwell’s talent. His writing is deep, dark, warm and funny – like a hot tub brimming with laughing gravy.”

Webb added: “That sounds disgusting.”

Back has yet to be given a release date

Simon
    Simon Blackwell is great so this could work. Suspect it might be a crap rip-off of Peep Show though, because Webb is incapable of playing any character other than Jez. Dunno if anyone watched the returning series of Cold Feet (I'd never seen the original show, but thought the new series was really good) but Webb had a cameo in it, and it was literally just Jez but more bald.

Loads of stand-up DVDs coming out over the next couple of weeks in the run-up to Christmas - highlights include Joe Lycett, Romesh Ranganathan, Josh Widdicombe and what appears to be a new Billy Connolly show.

I've been rewatching The Thick Of It recently. What an endlessly brilliant show. Probably the best of the 21st Century imo, narrowly pipping The Office.

Simon
    R.I.P. Andrew Sachs

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    very sad, such a wonderful character and legacy and, by all accounts, a jolly decent guy.

Simon
    I can't believe he was a decade older than Cleese.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I hate John Cleese now. He's turned so vile.

Simon
    Yeah he's gone a bit sour in his old age, and I could do without the prostituting of the Fawlty Towers legacy with all these bollocks ideas like adverts and musicals etc, although they seem to be a direct result of him becoming potless after getting divorced about fifty times.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I wish there was a filter I could apply to my brain where I just see nothing to do with him and Gervais, anywhere

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't hate Cleese but he's been unbearable to watch in anything since the mid-90s. His run as Q in the Bond films FFS....

Gervais makes me actually angry.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    I don't hate Cleese but he's been unbearable to watch in anything since the mid-90s. His run as Q in the Bond films FFS....

Gervais makes me actually angry.
    Eh, I enjoyed him in Rat Race.

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Gervais's new stand up show last night, it was fucking hilarious. Fairly controversial at times but well thought out and relevant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's it called?

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humanity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Twitter was blowing up with that chat earlier.

What's the gag about why he doesn't want kids?

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was quite a long bit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuck on the Ali Wong Netflix special tonight. Quite funny. Worth a watch.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw Louie CK perform last night. He's just ending his tour and said his next special has already been shot a few weeks ago, so his act was very well polished and I basically got the final product. Last time I saw him live it was the special that ended with his joke about jerking off a rat and I wasn't a huge fan of that special as a whole. Felt like maybe he was past his tipping point. But I can happily report this one was a delight- better than his last few and up there with his best work. He touched on touchy topics as he always does - this time starting with a long bit on abortion, with suicide and homosexuality also being focus points. All of it done very well. So yeah his next special gets the advanced thumbs up from me.

The Thinking Man's Idiot Simmo Fortyone's Avatar
    Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh good. I thought his last special was pretty shit. Spent too large a portion of it literally just making noises.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Off to see Omid Djalili tomorrow with the Mrs, going for a meal and a few drinks first which could be a bad idea as we're front row centre and I could well doze off

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New comedy on BBC 3 called This Country. Mockumentary set in rural England following the lives of 2 cousins. Very funny stuff.

Also, this is on now - piss take thing about Vloggers...

So good.

Simon
    Haven't got round to Pls Like yet but I've heard it's good. Saw the first episode of This Country, it was funny at points but I found it all a little too dark for my tastes...the realistic style combined with the bleakness of the characters was just a bit depressing. I don't mind dark comedy at all but this felt a little too close to home, like a quick edit job could have turned it into a realistic documentary about a bunch of arseholes and their shit lives in a shit town. It lacked the charm of The Office or the silliness of Operation Good Guys, I think you need a bit of light amongst the darkness to make a good mockumentary comedy. Maybe I should give it another go though as it's been getting good reviews.

#simonoveranalysescomedy

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just reminded me of home. I think that's why it resonated so well. The "bad" side of the village.

Simon
    Watched the second episode of This Country, found it less uncomfortable somehow. It's still bleak but it was broader and funnier, and less uncomfortable. Loved the tattoo stuff.

Simon
    Yeah this has definitely clicked with me now. Kerry explaining that Kurtan used to write an Emmerdale blog to keep a record of any production mistakes had me in hysterics

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best one so far

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the first 2 episodes of People Just Do Nothing. A few jokes we've seen before and like most mockumentaries there's a lot of David Brent but I'm loving it so far.

Simon
    PJDN is my favourite comedy to come out in years. The Gervais influence of playing up to the camera is irritating nut it isn't as noticeable as the show finds it's feet. IMO each series has improved on the last so far, fantastic. All the four main characters are so well performed and written. The club night episode has the best portrayal of doing pills I've ever seen on TV

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great series, and they're brilliant as a live act.

Friend of mine recommended this to me. Yet to watch it;

And this one;

Hopefully got some good viewing ahead of me.

Simon
    Is the second one a remake of the UK show from last year? If so that was terrible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone got tickets for Ricky Gervais Humanity tour? I've got tickets for the 4th October

Andre giant once eat kid hot dog at arena. He then laugh. I never forgive that fat motherfucker for that
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have started listening to comedy albums (via Spotify) again during my commute instead of music.

I know it's old now, but Rhod Gilbert's "The Award-Winning Mince Pie" is bloody fantastic.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Have you heard 'The Cat Who Looked Like Nicholas Lindhurst'?

Also bloody good.

I'm doing the same on the school run, currently working through Mark Steeles back catalogue, then either Rich Hall or Jasper Carrot

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah will check that out for sure

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    He has a podcast from his radio show on the BBC as well mate, hit and miss but worth a listen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Rhod Gilbert but his "phoney angry at (not quite) everyday things he doesn't understand" is a bit much.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watched Nirvanna The Band yet?

https://vimeo.com/199405654

It's on Viceland, I don't know too much about it, but first episode is pretty good.
    Last edited by Clive Plasma; April 22nd, 2017 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Marc Maron "Thinky Pain" the other day. So good. One of the best stand ups I've seen in so long.

Simon
    Anyone been watching White Gold? I don't know if it's just because Joe Thomas and James Buckley are incapable of playing any other characters, but it's essentially just The Inbetweeners transported to the 1970s. Pretty good anyway.

There's also a show on iPlayer (don't think it's been shown on TV) from Ireland called Can't Cope Won't Cope which is pretty good, reminds me a little of Pulling although not as funny. Similar to Fleabag if you're one of the four people who watched that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with everything apart from it feels more like the 1980s (because it is set in that era ). It's basically The Inbetweeners 10 years older, 20 years earlier in time (It has the same writer FFS). Instead of Will as the glue holding them together and narrating it, they have Vincent who's a cocky prick. I blitzed it and thought it was great.

I'm not sold on all of it in terms of continuity, Vincent and his wife look too well preened and stylish for the 80's. The suits all fit and basically could look and dress like that and walk down the street today and would be fine - that's not the 80's. I also thought the scene with gay doggers was much more accepting of them being gay (i.e. not shouting abuse) that would have existed.

Simon
    You know what I assumed it was the 1980s as well until I read a review which said it was late 70s and, as is my way, just unquestioningly went with it.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched Bo Burnham over the weekend. It was pretty good, a little out there at times, but generally quite funny. It's on Netflix. Worth a go.

Also got the latest Henry Phillips stand-up "Neither Here Nor There". It was good to finally hear all his material in one place, as it's only been drip fed from podcasts and small stand-up gigs.

Nothing will beat Henry's Kitchen though.

Simon
    Special episode of This Country has just gone on iPlayer. As brilliant as ever.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic news.

Did you ever get round to watch Always Sunny properly or do you still just watch the Dinnerladies box set set every night?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone should watch No Activity on iPlayer. It's fucking excellent. 2 seasons. Deadpan Australian comedy. So good.

Simon
    SHIT I forgot to tell you that I watched the first episode of that Clive - definitely gonna watch some more of it, the ending seemed a bit weird like it was trying to play it for drama but all the stuff with the new girl manning the radios was brilliant.

There's (yet) another mockumentary on BBC Wales at the moment called Tourist Trap which I think is gonna turn out to be a sleeper hit just like This Country and People Just Do Nothing - it's a little broader than those two and not quite as good, but the first episode had plenty of really funny moments. Sally Phillips is great as always and there are loads of cameos from people you might-sort-of-recognise from other things like Elis James, Mike Bubbins, Sion Pritchard...basically any Welsh person with any sort of background in comedy or comedy acting. Mike Bubbins is great.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a dodgy box for watching TV on so when I saw 'No Activity' on BBC 2 the other night I just assumed the channel had no signal.

Simon
    Fantastic news.

Did you ever get round to watch Always Sunny properly or do you still just watch the Dinnerladies box set set every night?
    Derelick my balls.

Yeah I've watched a fair amount of it now, I'm just at the start of season 5. I still find it a little bit hit and miss with some episodes that are only ok and instantly forgettable, but the good ones are really really bloody good. The episode where they kidnap the guy who gives them a bad review had me almost in tears laughing, "yeah he came in and ordered a chardonnay, what am I supposed to NOT call him a faggot?".

Charlie Day is on that Will Arnett level where he can't help but be funny regardless of what he says. The episode where they try to work out who keeps shitting the bed is amazing too.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've got some awesome episodes coming up: the wrestling one and the D.E.N.N.I.S system are both brilliant off the top of my head.

It's definitely a tiny bit overrated but it's still amazing. The only terrible episode being the Liberty Bell one. I dunno if you'll have seen that one yet.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    SHIT I forgot to tell you that I watched the first episode of that Clive - definitely gonna watch some more of it, the ending seemed a bit weird like it was trying to play it for drama but all the stuff with the new girl manning the radios was brilliant.
    Yeah, keep going on it. Tim Minchin in the next couple of episodes, and it just gets better and better. On the finale now, and on to Season 2 for the weekend.

It's definitely a tiny bit overrated but it's still amazing. The only terrible episode being the Liberty Bell one. I dunno if you'll have seen that one yet.
    The latest episodes have been up there as some of the best they've done. Hysterically laughing when Mac & Charlie got revenge.

Simon
    Yeah that Liberty Bell one was absolutely shit.

Anyone see the special of This Country yet? Absolutely brilliant. Genius.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Bump...

Stephen K Amos is doing a show here in Koh Samui tonight. Kind of random place for a massive name like him to come to but pretty happy to be checking him out.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave Chappelle's "Sticks and Stones" and Bill Burr's "Paper Tiger" specials are without a doubt worth your time.

I'm kind of a "new" fan of Bill Burr. Pretty sure I remember seeing him on Comedy Central years ago but I didn't really start paying attention until he was on Joe Rogan and then Conan O'Brien a couple years back. And Chappelle is a god. Even if you've never watched their stuff, strongly suggest you do. Both specials are on Netflix as well.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dude Bill Burr kills it on almost everything he talks about. One of my favorites most def.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
    Dude Bill Burr kills it on almost everything he talks about. One of my favorites most def.
    Bill Burr on Rogan's podcast is always great. Makes three hours go by like five minutes.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ari Shaffir...did not say a smart thing. Dropped from his representation and had all his upcoming dates cancelled.

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ari is pretty hit or miss with me. Dosing Bert Kreischer with MDMA without telling him is a total dick move.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I was the same way. Didn't love Ari but didn't hate him until he dosed Bert. That wasn't a good look and is an asshole move.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't sure where the best place to put this was, but Hannibal Buress' new special is hilarious:

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.instagram.com/tv/CH-rR9z...d=ouw99j807u21

Chappelle has reached such a sweet spot where he’s not even telling jokes anymore he’s just spitting knowledge

Simon
    Has anyone seen Stath Lets Flats? One of the weirdest and funniest shows I've seen in ages, I meant to post about it a while ago but never did for some reason. You might hate it because it lives or dies on whether you like the main character who is right on the cusp of being annoying, but I find his turn of phrase so funny.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive Plasma View Post
    New comedy on BBC 3 called This Country. Mockumentary set in rural England following the lives of 2 cousins. Very funny stuff.

Also, this is on now - piss take thing about Vloggers...

So good.
    I watched this earlier this year, it's brilliant - the guy who wrote it, Liam Williams, has another really good show about growing up in the 90s called Ladhood. Not hilarious but very well written and quite sweet.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mark Normand is so good.

I also watched Dan Soder's special Son of a Gary on HBO Max and he's a great comedian and a wrestling fan.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bill Burr killed tonight. I loved it. The crowd was loving him so much he did another 20-25 minutes. Basically an encore.

Dean Delray opened and was pretty funny himself. I'd never heard of him.

There's definitely a big difference being there live vs watching on TV.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    I thought the same thing when I was watching it. Why go somewhere that's going to upset you?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Nash Diesel

You like Bill Burr, right? I've heard this is good. It was supposed to be on Quibi before that went under. I guess it's sketches.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    @Nash Diesel

You like Bill Burr, right? I've heard this is good. It was supposed to be on Quibi before that went under. I guess it's sketches.
    Oh yeah big fan. Now it'll give me something other than New Japan wrestling to watch on the Roku channel.