Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Autocorrect is gay

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Missed opportunity from MJF on Dynamite to get heat showing off his Dynamite ring and call it the real Ring of Honor!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Missed opportunity from MJF on Dynamite to get heat showing off his Dynamite ring and call it the real Ring of Honor!

One of the reasons he's not as good a heel as he could be

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROH just announced their return on April 1st with the "Supercard of Honor" show at the Curtis Culwell Center in Dallas - Fort Worth. No details yet about the card.

https://www.rohwrestling.com/news/ro...las-fort-worth

According to Brian Alvarez, moving forward if any ROH Titles are defended in other promotions, they own the rights to that footage and can air it on their programs.
    Last edited by Sasori; January 11th, 2022 at 1:14 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    April fools.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could Tony Khan's bank account and relaxed hands on approach along with acquiring ROH be enough to lure Paul London out of retirement?

AEW just seems overcrowded right now and I would like to imagine some of the talent will be going to ROH. Paul could finally get that big run that alluded him.

With that said......He never looked to climb Mt Everest. He lived his dream beyond his own expectations and has enjoyed the last years outside the industry I imagine. Just seeing some of these more recent interviews with him over the last month or so made me realize just how much I enjoyed his work. Especially in ROH despite it only being a handful of matches.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wheeler Yuta is the saddest, lamest, and worst wrestler to EVER hold the ROH Pure Championhip.

Tony is ruining ROH, and wrestling in general.

Selfish, racist, fascist, billionaire

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    watched the briscoes/FTR rematch. not as good as their first match (which is my clear-cut working match of the decade) but it was definitely great. lots of incredible spots and moments. cash was the star of the match for me. i think the 2/3 falls actually hurt it. if everything they did was condensed to 30 minutes rather than 45 and in one fall, it probably would've been my #2 match of the year, and a distant #2 from whatever #3 is. but for a 45 minute match, it went by REALLY fast. i'll definitely be interested any time the briscoes and FTR match up, and i hope they have a couple more matches in the future.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Props to Cesaro getting the big win last night. 2-3 Falls match was solid. Dalton Castle and the Boys won so that's a plus.

Glass half full opinion of last night you had some good wrestling, you had probably more eyes on an ROH show since the NJPW v. ROH shows due to the AEW affiliation. I'm not sure how many people were there or what the buyrate was.

Glass half empty opinion is that it looked too much like AEW in terms of the production. ROH having that grimey feel is what sells it imo. Last night it looked like Wu Tang trying to rap over Britney Spears beats.

Other than that another good ROH show. 7/10

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony's answer on how all the ROH titles are held by AEW wrestlers was kinda hilarious. Basically just said hey one day maybe NJPW wrestlers will win some of them too.

I have no idea what ROH is right now.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's safe to say ROH is on its way to AEW's developmental as well as some carryover space for wrestlers he has no room to showcase on Dynamite and Rampage. Except for when he has to build this show

It is kind of funny and awesome that BCC holds a good amount of the gold.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has there been any implication from Tony Khan that ROH is going to be a developmental system? If it is, it should be more like ECW than NXT. Tony can put money toward ROH's talent budget, help with production, but he shouldn't be booking it as well imo.

And turn down the lights. ROH doesn't need to look like Dynamite with those ultra bright lights that put WWE lighting to shame.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed and agreed. I think he should really hand off the overall running of ROH to someone else and just have final say if there's specific things he wants to happen or something like that

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah. Agree with all of that.

Hoping he can get some kind of regular programming for them so it can be completely run separate from AEW.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's where WWE failed with the ECW relaunch. They didn't trust Paul enough to do his own thing like they had for years when it wasn't public knowledge Vince had been helping him while feeding him top tier talent. Instead it became ECW in simply the name and a 3rd brand that was never clearly defined as to what their purpose was.

AEW has 4 shows currently. 2 on YT, 2 on cable. ROH being their 5th show it needs to be quality. This idea of "developmental" should be for the YouTube shows. ROH is bigger than a feeder system in the vein of NXT, OVW, so it should be treated like ECW in the 90's. If not, it's going to lose it's ROHness.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the WWE brand of ECW just felt weird. For the fans of the original brand, the product itself felt no different than anything else WWE was doing at the time.

I'm curious to see how the new ROH turns out quality-wise. Looked at the current roster, the ROHers in Impact, I'd like to see them brought back either as part of the roster more than another crossover involving Impact. Having them attacking people in Impact just seems weird but helps boost the roster a bit with some more names.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Yeah the WWE brand of ECW just felt weird. For the fans of the original brand, the product itself felt no different than anything else WWE was doing at the time.

I'm curious to see how the new ROH turns out quality-wise. Looked at the current roster, the ROHers in Impact, I'd like to see them brought back either as part of the roster more than another crossover involving Impact. Having them attacking people in Impact just seems weird but helps boost the roster a bit with some more names.
    Are any of those talents in Impact actually signed to ROH though? To my knowledge Honor No More for example, none of them are signed to ROH. If you remember, ROH basically released the entire roster sans a handful of guys, probably the sitting champions. But Matt Taven, Maria, PCO, they're all Impact talent now.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Top 2 matches of the year:
    1. Briscoes vs. FTR, Supercard of Honor
    2. Briscoes vs. FTR, Final Battle

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    Top 2 matches of the year:
    1. Briscoes vs. FTR, Supercard of Honor
    2. Briscoes vs. FTR, Final Battle
    Not sure how you feel about death matches but have you seen Despy vs Jun Kasai?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i havent, i should try to give it a watch. i tend to prefer simplistically brutal death matches of the necro butcher variety than the more ornate japanese style of death match, but there have been plenty i've enjoyed.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    i havent, i should try to give it a watch. i tend to prefer simplistically brutal death matches of the necro butcher variety than the more ornate japanese style of death match, but there have been plenty i've enjoyed.
    When you do you should also track down the translated post match stuff NJPW posted to youtube because that's great too