User Tag List

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Films Rumors and News Discussion

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, both died, both shoot arrows, and both are womanizers.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Does hawkeye have a Heroin-addicted sidekick?

Didn't think so.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hawkeye was a primary reason that Avengers: Disassembled started! Personally, I prefer GA due to his personality as well as the fact he was written by Kevin Smith and Brad Meltzler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sony may bite on Spidey spinoff
    Thursday July 31 2:44 AM ET

With Heath Ledger's villainous Joker drawing attention and box office dollars, Sony is moving forward with "Venom," a potential "Spider-Man" spinoff based on a bad guy.

The studio is developing the project, based on the gooey nemesis who appeared in 2007's "Spider-Man 3" and is hoping the character could serve as an antidote to the aging "Spider-Man" franchise just as Fox has used Wolverine to add longevity to its "X-Men" franchise.

But getting any spinoff off the ground, let alone one centered on a villain, can be tricky.

ADVERTISEMENT
    The studio had commissioned a draft of the script from Jacob Estes, a writer of the specialty film "Mean Creek," released several years ago by Paramount Classics. But the studio is considering going in a different direction from Estes' script and is seeking writers for a new draft.

Casting also is no simple matter. Topher Grace of "That '70s Show" fame played the character in the film, but Sony is not yet convinced the actor can carry a big "tentpole" picture.

Neither Sony nor Marvel would comment for this story.

In "Spider-Man 3," Venom is essentially a parasite that attaches itself to a host via a sticky substance that then gives the host special powers. The fact that it is a substance rather than a character could give Sony leeway to cast a new actor.

"Venom" came about as part of the licensing deal between Marvel and Sony for the Spider-Man movies, which contained provisions allowing for the use of spinoffs based on other Spider-Man characters.

The project is part of a larger feeding frenzy for superhero projects, scores of which have been signed up in the last few months while movies such as "Iron Man" and "The Dark Knight" light up the box office.

Sony is developing a fourth "Spider-Man" film for 2011, but that picture would come out nine years after the original movie debuted, adding to the studio's desire to see new Marvel characters.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
    I dunno about a spin-off on a villian. Chances are the villian will turn into the hero, and the last thing we need is a Venom saving people

ZT4
    It's a little odd there calling Venom the answer to Wolverine, he was introduced a long time ago and his momentum's deteroriarated over the years, with a breif boost of popularity again thanks to his apperance in Ultimate Spider-Man. I think the last time anyone gave a shit about Venom in the regular continuity was "Maximum Carnage"

PurePlayer
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSexyBeast View Post
    I dunno about a spin-off on a villian. Chances are the villian will turn into the hero, and the last thing we need is a Venom saving people
    Doesn't Venom save people though? I thought he is pretty much a good guy except that he hates Spiderman. I don't know much about the character, but that is what I always thought.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He had a lot of mini series in the mid 90's due to his large anti-hero following. Basically, he'd protect others, but hated Spiderman and would be more than willing to kill his opponents.

The good ole' days...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mills View Post
    He had a lot of mini series in the mid 90's due to his large anti-hero following. Basically, he'd protect others, but hated Spiderman and would be more than willing to kill his opponents.
    So... if he(Venom) hated Spiderman and his main goal was to just kill Spidy (and don't take this the wrong way, I just never read Spiderman), how the hell would they make a spin-off of Venom if he is all about Spidy? Would not that just have to be a Spiderman 4 movie?

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not necessarily. In the comics, they had him wander off to San Fransisco. Can't obsess with Spidey when he's on the opposite end of the country. All they have to do is have him follow a bad guy as he flees across the country.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Venom: Lethal Protector comes to mind when it comes to a "good guy" Venom..whether that was just a nickname, or an actual mini-series, I can't recall. I had an issue of his mini-series (called "The Madness" maybe?) where he fights Juggernaut, then falls into some red goop and spouts extra heads and stuff.
    Anyway, Venom was a pretty big drawing factor for why some people saw Spider-Man 3, so I could see his spin-off being pretty successful....the comparison to Wolverine is pretty good, most comic book geeks I know love him about the same,and there are general similarities in their characters.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Venom had a ridiculous amount of mini series... I remember one of them was valued at $40 for all 3, which was insane at that time. Venom has always been a fan boy favorite.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They could always start the movie the same way "Carnage" started in the books. Brock and Kasady in a jail cell together, costume comes to save Brock but leaves a "baby" symbiote behind. Symbiote bonds to Kasady, Kasady goes on a killing spree across the country, Venom has to go save us from the one thing worse than he is. Just cut out all the parts about Spider-Man.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That could work.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always wanted to see a cameo by the Fantastic Four in a Spider-Man film, though. Loaning him the sonic gun to put down Carnage would be perfect, but if they use Carnage for Venom that's a no-go.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdgeHead469 View Post
    You know AT, your one of my fav on here, you know that, but give me a good reason, from a guy who NEVER read one comic to actually go out and see this movie. I just do not understand it and it looks confusing and kinda overdone.
    "IF" it's done right, Watchmen will be an instant classic. That said, it's one of those things that after you read, while amazing, is difficult to picture on the big screen. Snyder's style from 300 actually gives me quite a bit of hope for it. 300 wasn't a favorite of mine or anything like that, but the way it looked gives me hope...

Back to Marvel, I'm thrilled they're doing these independent character movies (Wolverine, Magneto, Venom) but I just hope they don't try to make all the central characters heroes. With something like Venom, I'd rather they just show him as the bad guy tearing shit up.

Warning. Rabidly Arsenal. eldanielfire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody heard about the "Hulk VS .................>" series coming to DVD?

Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKo049b9Clk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt3aaHGkVI4

Not entirely sold yet, not turned off at all though.
    Last edited by eldanielfire; August 4th, 2008 at 7:26 PM.

Warning. Rabidly Arsenal. eldanielfire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Zero View Post
    300 was fucking awful.

No, 300 was fucking great!

The Stale Smell of Excess Jimmy Zero's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really wasn't though. I even watched it a second time, months later after I'd gotten over the sheer disappointment. I liked it even less the second time.

It's a truly terrible movie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by at528 View Post
    "IF" it's done right, Watchmen will be an instant classic. That said, it's one of those things that after you read, while amazing, is difficult to picture on the big screen.
    Yeah, technically you could do "Watchmen" justice as a movie. You could recreate all of those brilliant juxtaposed images and all the William Blake and Bob Dylan quotes and include the Black Freighter sub-story, but it would be six hours long and the ending would be so depressing, nobody would want to watch it. I'm pretty pessimistic about this upcoming movie. It's going to be "League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" all over again. Total trainwreck. I mean, Christopher Nolan could probably do a good Watchmen movie. Orson Welles could do it. Charlie Kaufman would know how to do it. But I have no faith in this thing that's being done right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished re-reading this, and I have to agree. The thing that made this story great was all the small details. The "easter eggs" in various panels. The discussion of the pirate comic the black kid reads at the newstand. The quotes, the explanations, the intertwining of the story lines.

In "Fearful Symmetry", you have what I consider one of the greatest comics I've ever read. And it's not the action, the characters or the plot. It's the way it's put together. The first panel mirrors the last, and second to first the second to last, and so on. It's amazing how the writer and artist created a work so unique yet so well done. How do you translate that to a movie? The format it is told in, the comic, is the only reason that works so well.

I don't know, I'd like to think they could pull it off, but I just don't know how they could feasibly do it.

Paul. Ringo. John. Carl. TapOut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eldanielfire View Post
    Anybody heard about the "Hulk VS .................>" series coming to DVD?

Trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKo049b9Clk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt3aaHGkVI4

Not entirely sold yet, not turned off at all though.
    I think that Hulk vs. Wolvie looks fantastic. I don't really care what happens or what the story is, just them fighting is grounds enough for me to buy the DVD. Maybe it'll tide me over until the Wolverine film.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hulk vs. Wolvie does look tight. Their throwdowns always entertained me in the comics.

Wolverine 145 is still one of the best Wolvie comics I've seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a Ultimate Hulk v. Wolverine comic that was coming out. First issue was great, amazing art, great action, crazy shit when Hulk

Then it stopped. I think it was going to be a 3 issue mini, and they just can't seem to get it out. I think they might have gotten #2 out, but come on... Almost a year now, and 2 issues.

Don't know why I tossed that out there. Bit of the ole vino in me, I guess. Carry on.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been on hiatus due to the writer, Damon Lindelof, is writing some TV show. I think it's called LOST.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last I checked, Lost isn't on again til January. Guy can't find a day to slap together the final script and send it in? If you're too busy to write the comic, don't commit to writing the comic.

IT'S TIME
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with you, but can't change the past. Besides, yes the show doesn't start til January, but that doesn't mean that's when they start writing the show. He's probably in the midst of writing the show as we speak.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the Hollywood Reporter,

Paramount, Marvel ink new distrib deal
    Deal includes self-produced titles including 'Iron Man 2'
    By Jay A. Fernandez
    SepT 29, 2008

Paramount just added a lot more Iron to its diet.

The Melrose Avenue studio has signed an agreement with Marvel Studios that locks Paramount in as the worldwide distributor of Marvel's next five self-produced feature films. The properties earmarked for inclusion in the deal are "Iron Man 2" (May 7, 2010) and "Iron Man 3," as well as "Thor" (July 16, 2010), "The First Avenger: Captain America" (May 6, 2011) and "The Avengers" (July 15, 2011).

The partnership extends a 2005 agreement that saw Paramount agreeing to distribute as many as 10 Marvel films. In the original agreement, Marvel retained six key international markets and sold the rights to local distributors. After "Iron Man," Marvel's first self-produced movie, flew to $574 million worldwide in the summer, both parties decided to bolt down a more concrete agreement.

While other studios expressed interest in teaming with Marvel, Paramount landed all worldwide theatrical distribution rights on the five releases at a fee slightly reduced from the original agreement -- Paramount will now reap an 8% distribution fee versus 10% in the previous arrangement. Marvel will have approval on Paramount's P&A budgets and reimburse Paramount for its expenses.

(The German rights to "Iron Man 2" are the only exception to Paramount's worldwide rights because Tele-Munchen already secured rights to distribute the film in Germany under an existing agreement.)

"Once we realized the next four movies, it became a priority to formalize the new distribution arrangement, and our first choice was to do it with Paramount," Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel said. "It made sense to try and continue the relationship."

Paramount vice chairman Rob Moore agreed.

"Coming off of 'Iron Man's' incredible success this summer, we could not be more excited about extending our relationship with Marvel," he said.

Given nondisclosure stipulations, Maisel declined comment on the financial details of the deal.

"We were able to achieve better economics overall, which one would expect given the success of 'Iron Man' and the Marvel films," he said.

Paramount benefits as well by locking in several future tentpoles at a time when DreamWorks, its partner for the past three years, is on its way out.

The first "Iron Man" sequel already is in the works, with "Tropic Thunder" scribe Justin Theroux penning the script and Jon Favreau returning to direct. Marvel would not confirm whether star Robert Downey Jr. has closed a deal to climb back into the shiny red-and-gold suit.

Marvel is negotiating with Kenneth Branagh to direct "Thor," written by Mark Protosevich. "Iron Man" scribes Hawk Ostby and Mark Fergus are in talks to pen "Captain America," and Zak Penn ("The Incredible Hulk") will write the screenplay for "The Avengers," which will synthesize and play off of the story lines of the other films.

Marvel has been working closely with its writers to coordinate character cross-pollination, as it did when the character Nick Fury cameoed in "Iron Man" and Tony Stark (aka Iron Man) popped up in "The Incredible Hulk," which Universal released for Marvel in the summer. "Iron Man," "Thor" are "Captain America" will lead up to the release of "The Avengers," which will showcase the whole bunch together: Thor, Iron Man, Captain America and Hulk.

"It's nice to have one partner to market all those films because we are emphasizing the films individually but also how they all come from the Marvel universe and sometimes characters pop over from one movie to another," Maisel said. "We want them to feel like you're watching a story that's evolving over time in addition to separate films, so it's nice to have those four films ordered the way they are and also to have one distributor and one marketer on these films."

In May, just days after "Iron Man's" heroic $100 million opening, Maisel's contract was extended through 2010 and Kevin Feige was promoted to president of Marvel Studios.

Marvel has a cast of thousands of comic book characters in its library that it can exploit for film projects and then extend and license into ancillary products such as video games, toys, TV shows and Web content.
    That story still says Hulk is in Avengers, but I wonder if this new contract might fuck that idea up? I really hope they can work out something with Edward Norton, cause even though I didn't much more than sorta enjoy Hulk, once they fit Stark in there I was pretty much sold on them keeping these as tightly tied together as possible. Put someone else in there and all of a sudden it's as if the final scene didn't count.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don Cheadle is stepping in to replace Terrence Howard in "Iron Man 2," Marvel Studios' sequel to its summer blockbuster.

In the movie, Howard played Jim Rhodes, Tony Stark/Iron Man's best friend and future armor-clad hero War Machine. One scene featured Howard looking at a silver suit of armor and saying "Next time," a line that caused great delight for fans.

But there will be no next time for Howard.

Marvel had no comment, but sources close to the deal said negotiations with Howard fell through over financial differences, among other reasons. Marvel, which had wanted to work with Cheadle, then decided to take the role in another direction and approached the actor, who is shooting Antoine Fuqua's "Brooklyn's Finest" with Richard Gere and Ethan Hawke.

Rhodes is expected to play a larger part in the sequel, which is rumored to go beyond high-tech villains. Justin Theroux is writing the screenplay.

Jon Favreau is returning as director, and Robert Downey Jr. is expected back as billionaire industrialist Stark/Iron Man. Gwyneth Paltrow also is expected to be back as Stark's assistant, Pepper Potts.

Cheadle, repped by UTA, most recently starred in "Traitor," a thriller on which he was also a producer. He will next be seen in DreamWorks' "Hotel for Dogs."
    Great actor to replace him, but damn, I hate when they recast these parts.

And just saw this on Nuke The Fridge.

Personally I loved this summer's "The Incredible Hulk." I would love to see Marvel do another one with the same creative team. I think the only reason this movie didn't make more is because it was fighting off the stench of the 2003 film. Sort of how "Batman Begins" only made $200 million because audiences didn't know what to expect after the horrible "Batman and Robin," but then "Dark Knight" has gone on to make more than $525 million. I think a second "Incredible Hulk" might be a break out hit too.

That said, I am at least glad to hear that the Hulk will be back soon on screen. MTV sat down with Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, the writers of "Iron Man," and the upcoming "Avengers," who told them that everything is building toward having the Hulk as the villain in the "Avengers."

“I hope ‘The Avengers’ embraces that,” Fergus said of having the Hulk as misunderstood baddie. “You don’t want like 10 super-badass good guys fighting together. Where’s the fun in that? Let’s break it off a little. Friends or colleagues who become enemies is always an interesting thing because you know it’s based on love and friendship and that’s always the worst thing to have turn bad — is someone you actually care about and someone you actually believe in.”

Even "The Incredible Hulk" director Louis Leterrier thinks this is a good idea. In June he told MTV that he thought they should use Hulk as the villain in the "Avengers" movie.

“I left the door open for whoever’s going to direct ‘The Avengers’ with our last shot. Edward [Norton] and I, we consciously decided to make the last shot of the movie when he opens his eyes and he smirks at the camera,” Leterrier told us. “Is he enjoying it? Is he malicious? That’s what’s great about Edward. You don’t know if he’s a good guy or bad guy. He’s always on this edge and we’ve been sort of surfing that edge, that very thin edge during the entire movie.”

Of course, there was also the Tony Stark cameo at the end of the film where he tells General Ross that he is putting together a team to take care of Hulk. So all signs point to Hulk as the big bad.

What do you think? Is using the Hulk as the main villain in the first "Avengers" movie a good idea? Or Would you rather see a more traditional Avengers villain like Ultron?
    I like this idea lot. The possible huge battle for this could be amazing. Though I'd rather they not have it where Banner just chooses to give in to it and start destroying shit. Have him just unable to control it and the Avengers have to stop him.
    Last edited by Ace Rockola; October 14th, 2008 at 2:06 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Capturing Hulk should be a main objective...
    I don't think you can make him the main villain, because the whole point of Bruce being on the run is so his genetics don't fall into the wrong hands...

While it's true Hulk smash, the truly dangerous ones are those who would seek to weaponize him...
    For instance, I wouldn't trust General Ross or his associates as far as I could throw them...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 14th, 2008 at 2:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “I left the door open for whoever’s going to direct ‘The Avengers’ with our last shot. Edward [Norton] and I, we consciously decided to make the last shot of the movie when he opens his eyes and he smirks at the camera,” Leterrier told us. “Is he enjoying it? Is he malicious? That’s what’s great about Edward. You don’t know if he’s a good guy or bad guy. He’s always on this edge and we’ve been sort of surfing that edge, that very thin edge during the entire movie.”

Of course, there was also the Tony Stark cameo at the end of the film where he tells General Ross that he is putting together a team to take care of Hulk. So all signs point to Hulk as the big bad.

What do you think? Is using the Hulk as the main villain in the first "Avengers" movie a good idea? Or Would you rather see a more traditional Avengers villain like Ultron?
    I like the idea of Hulk as the villain, however, a lot said in that quote is pure shit. How is letting the Hulk smile at the end of the film a sign of whats so great about Norton? Nor does Norton ever seem like he's 'surfing that edge' throughout the film.

In regards to the poor box office of The Incredible Hulk. It was more due to the fact that the film wasnt particularly great, rather than a hangover from Ang Lee's Hulk.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post

In regards to the poor box office of The Incredible Hulk. It was more due to the fact that the film wasnt particularly great, rather than a hangover from Ang Lee's Hulk.
    There was a lot of stuff to blame on Hulk not making a lot of money. Lack of rewatch value from it not being all that great is a big factor. But there was a lot of it to blame on the Ang Lee version. I know you and a decent amount of other's really enjoyed it. But the general population disagrees with you. I don't know a single person who really liked that movie. If I can recall correctly I think I might be the biggest defender of it out of people I know, and I didn't even like it. So the stink from the previous one had to hurt the overall business of the new one.

That's not to mention the late promotion (which is understandable in a way, due to how the previous one got ripped apart with the Super Bowl add that featured CGI still 6 months away from being finished) and my personal biggest gripe with it, not knowing what the film was. They said it's not a reboot. But not a sequel. Though it seems to go in the next logical step from the end of the first film. So if I'm your average movie goer and I can't even get a straight answer about what the film is, I'm sure as hell gonna assume the movie itself is just as confusing.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Aaron Eckhart HAS to be Captain America. It is the only choice.

PurePlayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Rockola View Post
    That's not to mention the late promotion (which is understandable in a way, due to how the previous one got ripped apart with the Super Bowl add that featured CGI still 6 months away from being finished) and my personal biggest gripe with it, not knowing what the film was. They said it's not a reboot. But not a sequel. Though it seems to go in the next logical step from the end of the first film. So if I'm your average movie goer and I can't even get a straight answer about what the film is, I'm sure as hell gonna assume the movie itself is just as confusing.
    How is the new Hulk film not considered reboot?

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    How is the new Hulk film not considered reboot?
    Don't ask me, that's just what I remember Marvel spouting off when the film came out. They didn't want to just come out and call the other one a failure (cause that's what a reboot this soon is saying), but they also didn't want to be attached to it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    I'll second that now that I've seen him in a couple of movies. He'd really fit the bill quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace Rockola View Post
    There was a lot of stuff to blame on Hulk not making a lot of money. Lack of rewatch value from it not being all that great is a big factor. But there was a lot of it to blame on the Ang Lee version. I know you and a decent amount of other's really enjoyed it. But the general population disagrees with you. I don't know a single person who really liked that movie. If I can recall correctly I think I might be the biggest defender of it out of people I know, and I didn't even like it. So the stink from the previous one had to hurt the overall business of the new one.
    Like I said, the primary reason for the 'failure' of the new film, was because of the new film. To explain, the first film had an incredible opening weekend and then absolutely bombed after that. If the audience had a hangover from the previous film, what you'dve seen was a poor opening weekend for the new film and then gradually building impressively by good word of mouth. Instead, what happened was another good word of mouth...then an absolute bomb after that. It barely even made more than the previous film overall, made less when you take inflation into account.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer-Belly View Post
    Josh Brolin for Steve Rogers...
    Aaron Eckhart for Dr. Henry Pym...

Brolin can play the soldier, Eckhart can play the scientist...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; October 15th, 2008 at 2:55 PM.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said, the primary reason for the 'failure' of the new film, was because of the new film. To explain, the first film had an incredible opening weekend and then absolutely bombed after that. If the audience had a hangover from the previous film, what you'dve seen was a poor opening weekend for the new film and then gradually building impressively by good word of mouth. Instead, what happened was another good word of mouth...then an absolute bomb after that. It barely even made more than the previous film overall, made less when you take inflation into account.
    When Iron Man pulled in 100 million a month or two before wouldn't you consider Hulk doing 54 a dissapointment?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a stupid comparison.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Zero View Post
    That's a stupid comparison.
    How so? They both appeal to the exact same crowd.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno about that. I think Hulk and Iron Man are different enough to collect different kinds of fans and while they are comic movies they are well known comics (as opposed to V for Vendetta, Blade and Men in Black) and thus have fans or at least marketability outside of the comic community. V, Blade and Men in Black were successful because they were good movies, not because everybody already knew the story and was familar. Hell a lot of people STILL don't know that MiB is a comic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And? The exact same crowd probably went and saw both of them.

Way more people not from the exact same crowd went and saw Iron Man because there was no comparable stink of an Ang Lee Hulk on Iron Man. Plus, Iron Man just looked a whole lot cooler than the new Hulk movie from the get go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different times. Iron Man opened after weeks of a dead box office. It was the first summer blockbuster and its weekend total includes a Thursday night opening. It also opened on 4105 screens.

The Incredible Hulk opened on a Friday, it was given 500 less screens and it came out among strong competition from two other major releases (Kung Fu Panda and The Happening) and with Indiana Jones, Sex and the City AND Iron Man still picking up decent box office.

Iron Man's nearest competition on its opening weekend was Made of Honor for fucks sake.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Different times. Iron Man opened after weeks of a dead box office. It was the first summer blockbuster and its weekend total includes a Thursday night opening. It also opened on 4105 screens.

The Incredible Hulk opened on a Friday, it was given 500 less screens and it came out among strong competition from two other major releases (Kung Fu Panda and The Happening) and with Indiana Jones, Sex and the City AND Iron Man still picking up decent box office.

Iron Man's nearest competition on its opening weekend was Made of Honor for fucks sake.
    Ah yes, forgot about the lack of stuff opening when Iron Man did.

Still wouldn't call $54 million opening after the high all of America was on from Iron Man all that strong of a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt. I said that it was 'a good word of mouth'. Of course, what I meant to say was that it was 'a good opening' and it was. Nothing more, nothing less.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt. I said that it was 'a good word of mouth'. Of course, what I meant to say was that it was 'a good opening' and it was. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Ah, I think I misread the comparisons between the two. I thought you were saying the second one started well and lack of word of mouth killed it. Not that it didn't even bother starting off well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It did start well. It wasnt an exceptional opening weekend. But if it was simply a case of Ang Lee's Hulk killing it from the start, then it didnt behave like that. It had a decent opening weekend and didnt pick up any steam, which is what you would've expected it to do if it had actually been a very good film.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    scotland
    What the fuck happened at the end of Ang Lee's Hulk, I just remember his dad turning into electricity, then stone then water, then Hulk talking to his dad telepathically and then screaming "Take It all" then there being like a huge bubble of water like an A bomb. Then Dr Banner being in some jungle. WTF???

I think that might be the reason alot of people(including me) didn't see the new Hulk film. Plus the Hulk just isn't as appealing as Iron man, whats cooler flying around in a metal suit with guns and shit, or being green and big and everyone hating you because you have an anger problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being Hulk.

But the end of Ang Lee's Hulk was definitely fucked.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt watch it cause it looked shite. Edward Norton was a weird fit from an outsiders perspective. I'm sure he did a good job but I personally couldn't shake the odd feeling about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He wasnt that good really.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was also a bit too close to IronMan for casuals.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exc...ndustries-5873

Some pretty big rumors about Iron Man 2. Tim Robbins might be playing Tony's dad in a flash back that sets up Captain America. If this is true that's too damn cool.

On-nO Asscii to Asscii
    If you've got an itch, just go ahead and Miotch it
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice double post over there, Ace.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jackson Signs Nine-Picture Deal to Play Nick Fury!
    Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety February 25, 2009

Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and potentially many other films.

Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit S.H.I.E.L.D. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, toplining a possible S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of Iron Man, when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group.
    Glad they settled that. That's a helluva lotta films to be locked in for.

Paul. Ringo. John. Carl. TapOut's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder what his bank account looks like.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell, its not like Samuel L. Jackson is picky about roles. He'll film almost anything.

But it is good to see that he's been locked in. I think he'll do well with the role. You know, since it was basically designed for him and all.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be a nice chunk of cash, cause last we heard on this he was being low balled and he refused to work with them again. So they must have finally smartened up and gave him the payday he wanted.

Shame they didn't do that for Terrance Howard.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If they absolutely had to replace Terrence Howard, they should have gone for Cuba Gooding Jr. instead of Don Cheadle...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
    So, if it happens, they look to be going with the John Stewert GL? Why do they always do that? Hal Jordon is one of the best characters ever created, yet repeatedly they go with this third string ring slinger to fill the "Green Lantern" slot. Just so they can have their token black guy... It's fucking stupid. I would hope by this point in the world we wouldn't require a black presence in a movie to avoid riots/protests/etc.

Sure, the movie probably won't happen, but it's still screwed up.
    Not sure if any of you have seen this already, but there's a fan trailer up for a 'Dream' GL movie on youtube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTiRnqnvDs[/ame]

The saddest thing is that this is likely far better than anything DC will actually produce...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw this and instantly fell in love with the idea of Fillion in the role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As per a suggestion earlier in the thread, I've updated the thread title to reflect that it's grown to deal with pretty much all upcoming comic movies.

Also, more old news, looks like Thor and Loki have been cast for Brannaghs Marvel movie. Variety is reporting that Chris Hemsworth has been cast as Marvel Comics' Nordic, hammer-wielding God of Thunder, Thor:

Originally posted in Variety
    Marvel Studios has chosen its god of Thunder: Australian thesp Chris Hemsworth is in final negotiations to play Thor in the comicbook company's bigscreen adaptation of the character.

Kenneth Branagh will helm the actioner, set to bow on May 20, 2011.

A Norse god, Thor develops a protective affinity for humans after his father Odin banishes him to Earth, in order to teach him a lesson in humility. From then on, he's often seen wielding his massive hammer and fighting alongside the Avengers (comprised of Iron Man, the Hulk and Captain America).

Hemsworth, who stars in MGM's upcoming "Cabin in the Woods," was also just cast in that studio's remake of "Red Dawn" as Jed Eckert, the role originally played by Patrick Swayze in 1984. Hemsworth was most recently seen in Paramount's "Star Trek" playing Capt. Kirk's father.
    ...and Tom Hiddleston has apparently been cast as Loki:

[Originally posted by Deadline Hollywood:
    I've learned that Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige and Thor director Kenneth Branagh have cast their Loki, the nemesis to the lead in Thor set for release on May 20, 2011. He's Tom Hiddleston, unknown to American audiences but an award-winning British actor and Royal Academy Of Dramatic Arts (RADA) graduate. He played Winston Churchill's son in HBO's The Gathering Storm, but, more to the point, note that Hiddleston starred in Ivanov opposite Sir Kenneth on the London stage and also starred with him in the BBC miniseries Wallander. Marvel Studios won't confirm my news, but Hiddleston had been considered as a possible Thor.
    Last edited by Alcohol; May 26th, 2009 at 6:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That GL trailer gave me goose bumps. Bit cheesy at points, but overall very well done. And Nathan Fillion is a beast, would nail that role.

Here's hoping they don't screw it up too badly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 'Australian Thesp' who made his name on Home and Away?

Regardless, he's a big fucker and was excellent in his cameo in Star Trek.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The green latern guy at around the 30 second mark looks just like hellboy.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's the Silver Surfer with a coat of paint...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone in London fancy being in the Captain America movie?

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCool.com
    There’s an open casting for extras going on right now in London for filming later in the year.

Applicants need a UK National Insurance number and should send a resume and photo (not over 2 meg) to russell@guysanddollscasting.com.

You can also post a resume and photo to Guys and Dolls Casting, Trafalgar House, Grenville Place, Mill Hill. London NW7 3SA[.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    While PR isn't comic book based, I feel that this fan-made trailer for a Power Rangers movie belongs here, especially after that awesome Green Lantern one that was recently posted.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoMuo-Om0sQ[/ame]

I know PR isn't for everyone, but come on, that is an awesome "Trailer". Tell me you wouldn't watch that.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Captain America/Avengers casting news...

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...rtfilm&ref=ssp

Chris Evans to play 'Captain America'
    Thesp to star in three Marvel films, in addition to 'Avengers'
    By MARC GRASER

Chris Evans will don the star-spangled superhero suit to play Captain America for Marvel Entertainment.

Evans accepted an offer made by the comicbook publisher late last week, beating out a number of thesps who test-screened for the high-profile role.

Deal, which Evans' reps are finalizing, calls for the actor to star in at least three "Captain America" movies, starting with "The First Avenger: Captain America," which Marvel is set to invade theaters with on July 22, 2011. Paramount will distribute.

He also would reprise the role in "The Avengers," which will unite Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and the Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton) in one pic. That film is skedded for May 4, 2012. The character also will likely make cameo appearances in Marvel's other pics, to tie together the world Marvel has been creating starting with the first "Iron Man."

Joe Johnston, who most recently directed "The Wolfman" for Universal, will helm "Captain America" from a script by Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

The character, created by Jack Kirby and Joe Simon, was introduced during the 1940s as a sickly young man who, when injected with a super-soldier serum, is turned into the perfect human weapon to aid the United States' effort to fight the Nazis during World War II. His costume resembles the American flag and he flings an indestructible shield as his primary weapon. Pic will essentially be an origin story.

Hugo Weaving will play the villain, Red Skull.

Kevin Feige will produce for Marvel, Stephen Broussard serving as co-producer. David Maisel, Stratton Leopold, Louis D'Esposito and Stan Lee will exec produce.

Evans, who will be seen next in Warner Bros.' "The Losers," won the high-profile role of Steve Rogers after Marvel considered such thesps as John Krasinski, Channing Tatum, Chace Crawford, Ryan Phillippe, Garrett Hedlund, Michael Cassidy, Patrick Flueger, Scott Porter and Wilson Blethel.

Marvel already had a relationship with Evans, who played the role of Johnny Storm, aka the Human Torch, in Fox's two "Fantastic Four" movies.

He also will appear in the adaptation of DC Comics' "The Losers" in April, and "Scott Pilgrim vs. the World," based on the Oni Press graphic novels.

Marvel declined to confirm the agreement, although sources close to the company said the deal points were being worked out. The company has generally remained quiet on who's working on its movies, even when directors are moving forward with pre-production on projects.

Evans had already signed on to co-star opposite Anna Faris in New Regency's R-rated comedy "What's Your Number," which is also skedded to shoot this summer.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hugo Weaving as Red Skull should be fantastic.

I guess I have to wait and see about Chris Evans though. Should be interesting, he was pretty good in Fantastic Four.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seems odd that they're going through the trouble of creating a 'universe' and manage to cast a guy who has already played a big character in that universe. i'd imagine this just means they have no future plans for the fantastic four.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're planning on rebooting it and pretending the last 2 Fantastic Four movies never happened.

So in that regard, it won't make a huge difference.

Give me the World Belt, dammit Zarius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The FF movies fell victim to the usual studio meddling beyond Marvel's control, Marvel now intend to have complete control over their films and also want them to be set in the same universe

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Thor casting news...

http://marvel.com/movies/thor.thor

- Chris Hemsworth as Thor, God of Thunder
    - Anthony Hopkins as Odin, King of Asgard
    - Rene Russo as Frigga, Queen of Asgard
    - Josh Dallas as Fandral, of the Warriors Three
    - Tadanobu Asano as Hogun, of the Warriors Three
    - Ray Stevenson as Volstag, of the Warriors Three
    - Idris Elba as Heimdall, Guardian of Asgard
    - Jaimie Alexander as Sif, Thor's wife
    - Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, a nurse under Thor when he travels to the human world and assumes the role of Dr. Donald Blake
    - Samuel L Jackson as Nick Fury, Agent of Shield and Avengers organizer
    - Tom Hiddleston as Loki, the only villain announced so far

Looks like the bulk of the main cast is the Asgardian warriors...
    I'm hoping for a large scale war Lord of the Rings style...

Anthony fucking Hopkins...
    Yes, that's his middle name...

He's Odin...
    It's like when Brando played Superman's dad...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; April 2nd, 2010 at 7:54 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love a film with Stringer Bell in...apart from Obsessed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Stuart Townsend got replaced a month or so ago, I think by Joshua Dallas.

Also, apparently Sebastian Stan has been cast as Bucky Barnes in Captain America.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=25517

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    (Possible) Captain America and Thor costume designs
    Cap http://www.aintitcool.com/node/45326
    Thor http://www.collider.com/2010/06/02/t...s-concept-art/

These could just be fan art really, but they're pretty awesome. The Cap movie is supposed to be set in WWII isn't it? If so, then I'm guessing this costume isn't real. Looks nice though.

Thor's costume....eh. It looks a bit too much like a business suit with a cape and armour over it.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually really like both of those costume designs a lot.
    But yeah, if Cap is supposed to be during WWII, then that one looks too modern. If it were present day, then it's perfect.
    The Thor one I was worried would look bad, but that's a pretty sleek and realistic twist on his attire. Maybe too modern, perhaps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah apparently the Cap movie will be half WWII half modern day, so that works for the modern day look.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Saw those the other day. Thor's is alright and I like parts of Cap's costume.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RabidWookie View Post
    Ah apparently the Cap movie will be half WWII half modern day, so that works for the modern day look.
    Then it's for being the modern attire.
    I hope he has a rad old-school outfit, too, that's really fitting the time period of WWII, something that kind of resembles what a soldier would wear, but with the chainmail top and maybe a helmet-like mask (but more of a half-mask like he wore originally).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Then it's for being the modern attire.
    I hope he has a rad old-school outfit, too, that's really fitting the time period of WWII, something that kind of resembles what a soldier would wear, but with the chainmail top and maybe a helmet-like mask (but more of a half-mask like he wore originally).
    I wouldn't mind something like this...

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the first Cap attire, actually.

My only complaint about the Thor attire is it's not Paul McMahon wearing it...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cap outfit is amazing.

The Thor costume though seems too ... hi-tech for Asgardian gear. Plus, no helmet? ...

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind something like this...
    That's perfect, pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark84j View Post
    The Cap outfit is amazing.

The Thor costume though seems too ... hi-tech for Asgardian gear. Plus, no helmet? ...
    I'm sure there'll be a helmet, he just won't be wearing it all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Avengers and Cap casting rumours: http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/70...ca-Update.html

Jeremy Renner (Hurt Locker) is reportedly in talks to play Hawkeye in Avengers and Neil McDonough is playing Dum Dum Dugan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, according to an article on joblo.com I saw a few days/weeks ago, he spends the majority of his Cap time in the modern suit, with there only being like one big fight where he's decked out in the WWII garb.

I really like that concept art for Cap. As one of the comments said on the Thor link, he looks like Will Ferrell in that second pic.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

For a WWII Cap look I don't think you can go past the Ultimate Avengers one.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that Bana was better anyway, so I dont mind. However the decision doesnt make any sense.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some more gossip about the Norton situation:

Quote Originally Posted by Ain't It Cool News
    Boy, this escalated quickly...

On Friday, HitFix's Drew Mcweeny reported that Marvel Studios was looking for a new, "unknown" actor to replace Edward Norton as Bruce Banner in Joss Whedon's THE AVENGERS. At this point, my feeling, from what I was hearing from a couple of sources, was that this decision wasn't so much financial as it was based on lingering... discomfort after a... challenging collaboration on THE INCREDIBLE HULK. Yesterday, Marvel's President of Production Kevin Feige, in a statement sent to HitFix, seemed to confirm this feeling by stressing that this parting of the ways was not financial, but "rooted in the need for an actor who embodies the creativity and collaborative spirit of our other talented cast members."

This didn't go down well with Norton's agent, Brian Swardstrom. At all. Here's an excerpt of his blisteringly angry rebuttal to Feige's statement issued via -where else? - HitFix...

"We know a lot of fans have voiced their public disappointment with this result, but this is no excuse for Feige's mean spirited, accusatory comments. Counter to what Kevin implies here, Edward was looking forward to the opportunity to work with Joss and the other actors in the Avengers cast, many of whom are personal friends of his. Feige's statement is unprofessional, disingenuous and clearly defamatory. Mr. Norton talent, tireless work ethic and professional integrity deserve more respect, and so do Marvel's fans."
    Read HitFix's story for the full letter, in which WME's Swardstrom claims negotiations were, up until recently, ongoing with Marvel, and that Norton was excited about reprising his role as Banner after a very positive meeting with Whedon.

And, um, feel free to offer up your suggestions for Banner #3 - 'cuz Norton be gone.
    Here's the HitFlix link with the full statement from Marvel, if anyone's interested.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/2008-12-...r-avengers?m=p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ed Norton's facebook fan page:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently Joaquin Phoenix is being rumoured for Bruce Banner in the Avengers...

Linky

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Damn it Marvel....

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Michael Cera as the Hulk...
    Last edited by Bill Casey; July 13th, 2010 at 1:00 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a new picture of Odin, Thor and Loki:

In other news, Thor and Captain America will be released in 3D, though neither is being shot in 3D. Marvel's Kevin Feige talks about it below.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Times, via Ain't It Cool
    "I'd say there's not a great feeling out there for conversion based on some of the films that may have succeeded financially but had their artistry come under fire," Feige said, not naming names but most likely referring to "Clash of the Titans," the Warner Bros. release that surpassed $490 million in worldwide box office but was savaged by critics for a rushed 3-D conversion that many saw as especially clumsy, distracting and ill-advised.

Feige, in London for "Captain America," pledged that "an unprecedented amount of time" would be devoted to the conversion process. He also said the films will benefit from the fact that the 3-D choice was made early on with passion and planning and not in post-production, as was the case with a flurry of films that came on the heels of "Avatar" and its historic box-office success.

"In being able to think in 3-D from the start -- and having every bit of our special effects rendered in true 3-D -- we have the opportunity to do it right," Feige said.
    It sounds like they're going to take more time with the conversion, but I think it will be equally as pointless. The last few fims I've seen in 3D just look darker more than anything else. With the rushed conversion of films to 3D, and the impending arrival of 3D TVs despite people still in the process of switching to HD, I think the 3D age is going to be off to a rough start.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my God.

That looks bad... REALLY bad. I'm very very worried now.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe Clash made that much money. Wow. It really wasn't all that great.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things are certainly moving fast in terms of the Hulk casting. Mark Ruffalo is supposedly in the running for the role, though it's by no means definite. For those unfamiliar with his work (like me), here's an article talking about it:

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Reporter
    Despite a Deadline Hollywood report earlier today suggesting Mark Ruffalo is in the latter stages of taking on the role of the jade giant in Marvel’s “The Avengers,” insiders say the actor is still quite a ways away from taking on the role.

According to sources, Ruffalo does have an offer to play the monstrous hero but not only has he not decided whether he wants the role, he has yet to meet the film’s director, Joss Whedon. Talks are underway for the actor and the director to meet at the end of this week or this weekend.

But the actor is also riding high from his performance in “The Kids Are All Right” and is fielding several offers.

Will Ruffalo do it is one question to ask. But the other question is: Should he do it? Taking on the role would not be a money play for Ruffalo. Marvel is known for striking hard bargains, so a big payday would not be the end result.

And while not a headliner, Ruffalo easily lines up work in studio features and top-lines prestige indies. The guy is not hurting for work.

But if Ruffalo is a comics guy; if he wants to play in the Marvel sandbox and portray a pop culture icon; if he wants to work with Robert Downey, Jr. (which he already did in 2007’s “Zodiac”), Samuel L. Jackson and others, then he may say yes.

Ruffalo is a good choice. The guy can do sensitive and soul-searching like few others, which are qualities that can be Bruce Banner-like. And just maybe he wants to inverse those qualities and Hulk out.

--Borys Kit

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ryan Reynolds as the Green Lantern