User Tag List

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243 LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,200 of 4246

Thread: I'm Gonna Ramble On... (Movies/TV/Books version)

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Hang the fudge on, was that Vulture?
    Yep Yep. Gotta love the crossover Sony and MCU are going to be doing. Remember, Spidey is simply being loaned to Disney so there is potential for some really cool shit. I've already heard it's all but confirmed the 2 Tom's will be in Venom 2.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I would take Bourne based on hand to hand combat skills. Wick relies on his guns too much.
    Wick is pretty good with a pencil.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey_Badger View Post
    Not sure where to post this at, but just saw the trailer for Morbuis and wow, it looks amazing.
    Movie trailer thread:
    https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?t=152623

I'm gonna go find it on YoutTube and put it up there.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Movie trailer thread:
    https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?t=152623

I'm gonna go find it on YoutTube and put it up there.
    Thanks dude. I thought that thread existed. I couldn't find it.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I can see a thread about the DC universe but did anyone else watch the crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths?

Thought it was very good, the best they've done so far.

Anyway if it's your sort of thing and you can deal with a healthy dose of cheesy drama and a bit of dodgy CGI - I recommend all 5 parts as solid episodes.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The production company for the Bad Boys franchise completely spit the bit here. They ruined a perfectly good title as the one they used for the third movie would be perfect for the presumed fourth movie.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have yet to see any of the Bad Boys films. Any good?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Gentlemen this weekend.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHHnFoley_Rulez View Post
    Not sure I can see a thread about the DC universe but did anyone else watch the crossover Crisis on Infinite Earths?

Thought it was very good, the best they've done so far.

Anyway if it's your sort of thing and you can deal with a healthy dose of cheesy drama and a bit of dodgy CGI - I recommend all 5 parts as solid episodes.
    Fuck I hate quoting posts that have spoiler tags because I always forget they don't stay tagged lol. Luckily all I saw was something about The Flash lol.

I'll unfortunately have to wait for these to hit Netflix. I'm about 2 seasons behind in Supergirl (which out of all of them is fucking lame but I still put myself through it for the love of DC lol), trying to get caught up on the latest season of Legends that's on Netflix as well. I don't really know where the crossovers are happening as I haven't paid much attention and even stopped watching Batwoman just in case.

But I am a big fan of the CW shows. It actually took me awhile, I didn't watch Smallville until the final season and then my best friend who's a Superman fan hooked me up with the other seasons DVD so watch. Never really got into Arrow-but I want to. The Flash was really what sucked me in to this CW DC Universe. Supergirl became way too fucking liberal, when they inserted "and I'm an illegal alien" into the intro I was like....wtf? Legends is probably my favorite.

How's Black Lightning?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The production company for the Bad Boys franchise completely spit the bit here. They ruined a perfectly good title as the one they used for the third movie would be perfect for the presumed fourth movie.
    I have yet to see the new one but the idea for the title "Bad Boys For Life" might have been made with the idea that it was going to be the last one. I don't know if we'll see a 4th film, so to say they "spit the bit" is a serious stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I have yet to see any of the Bad Boys films. Any good?

I'm looking forward to seeing the Gentlemen this weekend.
    They're great. I haven't seen the new one, but it's getting a lot of positive reviews from fans, and I think even the turds I mean critics have given it props.

I did watch the Trumpet Awards and saw Martin got a lifetime achievement type award. It was beautiful. They ran through all the hits, the tv show, even showed him in the old House Party movies.

Gentlemen looks awesome!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I have yet to see the new one but the idea for the title "Bad Boys For Life" might have been made with the idea that it was going to be the last one. I don't know if we'll see a 4th film, so to say they "spit the bit" is a serious stretch.

They're great. I haven't seen the new one, but it's getting a lot of positive reviews from fans, and I think even the turds I mean critics have given it props.

I did watch the Trumpet Awards and saw Martin got a lifetime achievement type award. It was beautiful. They ran through all the hits, the tv show, even showed him in the old House Party movies.

Gentlemen looks awesome!
    Sony announced a 4th Bad Boys film, to be released in 2021

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sony announced a 4th Bad Boys film, to be released in 2021
    But for BG to put that on anyone responsible for the title of the movie, before the 4th movie was even a thought I assume considering these things don't just get put together a week before the first preview drops....It's a stretch.

That's like shitting on Disney for letting an Avengers movie be called "END GAME" when we know it's not the end.

Bad Boys 4 could easily be titled Bad Boys 4EVER. Give us that 90's shit make Fresh Prince feel at home.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bad Boys: Watcha Gonna Do When These 24 Inch Pythons Run Wild On You!

Adding of course Hulk Hogan to the team. It will be interesting to see how he interacts with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, considering the racism accusations against him.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But for BG to put that on anyone responsible for the title of the movie, before the 4th movie was even a thought I assume considering these things don't just get put together a week before the first preview drops....It's a stretch.

That's like shitting on Disney for letting an Avengers movie be called "END GAME" when we know it's not the end.

Bad Boys 4 could easily be titled Bad Boys 4EVER. Give us that 90's shit make Fresh Prince feel at home.
    First things first, my comment was partially in jest.
    I haven’t seen the movie yet but I’ve read and listened to reviews and everything seems to be positive.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad Boys: Watcha Gonna Do When These 24 Inch Pythons Run Wild On You!

Adding of course Hulk Hogan to the team. It will be interesting to see how he interacts with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence, considering the racism accusations against him.
    lol.

First things first, my comment was partially in jest.
    I haven’t seen the movie yet but I’ve read and listened to reviews and everything seems to be positive.
    Oh yeah I wasn't meaning that my response was like FUCK YOU BG THINK OF THE PRODUCTION PEOPLES FEELINGS!!!

I'm just saying that there are other options and I can tell you this, if the movie fuckin flopped there for sure wouldn't be a part 4. In this day and age you basically have to leave it to where you could possibly do another.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So they are doing an Oscar showcase at a theater near me soon, and I'm wondering if it's worth going to. They will be showing Ford Vs. Ferrari, Joker, and Little Women on Day 1, and Jojo Rabbit, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood, Parasite, and 1917 on Day 2.

I've already seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and I saw 1917 just last weekend, but I really do want to see Jojo Rabbit and Parasite. Not sure about Joker, and Little Women doesn't seem my thing.

What I think I might do is do Day 1, and do Day 2 but leave after Parasite as I've seen 1917 so recently.

I'm assuming the Irishman and Marriage Story aren't included because they are on Netflix? I'll have to watch those at home.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Terminator Dark Fate last night. Mixed emotions. Of all the movies I would put it at #4 with T2, T1, Terminator Salvation being the 3 ahead of it.

What I honestly didn't like that kind of fucked the whole movie for me was:

I liked the "terminators" especially Rev 9, holy shit that was dope. Grace was a little over the top but I dug the enhanced soldier approach. The action was slick, Arnold was awesome, excuse me, Carl. Linda Hamilton, super underrated action hero. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing another movie following this, but I heard it lost about 150 mill so yeah probably not happening.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reports of a fifth and final Lethal Weapon have surfaced. Gibson, Glover, and Donner are all on board.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it doesn't include at least one Joe Pesci rant about whatever, I'm not interested.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reports of a fifth and final Lethal Weapon have surfaced. Gibson, Glover, and Donner are all on board.
    All of them.

All.

Are too old for that shit.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    So I have never watched Unbreakable, Spilt or glass and I'm given to understand some other M Night films link into the trilogy, So what is the order to watch all the films?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    'Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' Drama Reboot in the Works

The drama series is currently being shopped to streamers and is a co-production between Smith's Westbrook Studios and original producers Universal TV. Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Peacock, Netflix and HBO Max are among the streamers who are bidding on the potential series. HBO Max is the current streaming home for the original series.

Bel-Air is described as an hourlong dramatic retelling of the beloved '90s sitcom that leans into the original premise of Will’s complicated journey from the streets of West Philadelphia to the gated mansions of Bel-Air. With a reimagined vision, Bel-Air will dive deeper into the inherent conflicts, emotions and biases of what it means to be a Black man in America today, while still delivering the swagger and fun nods to the original show.

Original series producers Smith, Quincy Jones, Benny Medina as well as creators Andy & Susan Borowitz, are all set to return as exec producers. Chris Collins (The Wire, Crash, Sons of Anarchy) will serve as showrunner, exec producer and is set to co-write the script alongside Cooper.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so but that trailer isn't a real trailer for the show, right? I mean that trailer came out over a year ago and I believe it was just something someone made as a trailer for its own sake, as a lark. but it may have inspired this new show they're shopping. at least that's how I understand it.

in any event, I was never big on Fresh Prince so my interest in this is low.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    It's not a trailer for the new version, just the same 'fan-made' one from before. But the maker of this trailer is apparently being brought on to be a part of the new series, which is pretty incredible really.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know I am late to the party, but I watched Cats last weekend.

it wasn't as bad as people made it sound, but it wasn't good either.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really think it's time for Ocean's 14.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    I really think it's time for Ocean's 14.
    The female reboot wasn’t bad but I don’t think we need a 4th entry in the main series. 3 is enough.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you guys have been all over Cobra Kai

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The female reboot wasn’t bad but I don’t think we need a 4th entry in the main series. 3 is enough.
    I would have agreed with you, but it's been 14 years. I don't think it would over indulgent at all to order another sequel, it's just a universe sitting on the shelf right now.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should do Ocean's 14, but have it be George Clooney's crew from the first couple Ocean's movies against the Chick Ocean's crew in a race to heist the same money.

And they should find a way to resurrect the Rat Pack and have Frank Sinatra and the original 11 come in and just steal all the shit from everybody.

And then it turns out that what they're heisting is actually in The Nakatomi Building, some terrorists break in, take hostages, and the collective Oceans 48 or whatever have to fight back.

Remember, Sinatra was going to be in Die Hard, before they cast Bruce Willis.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also went a Charlie's Angels where the 2000 Angels -- Cameron Diaz, Drew Barrymore, and Lucy Liu meet the reboot Angels -- Kristen Stewart and the other two idiots, and they all have an orgy.

And then they eventually go out and fight crime, or something. I dunno.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    I would have agreed with you, but it's been 14 years. I don't think it would over indulgent at all to order another sequel, it's just a universe sitting on the shelf right now.
    But Bernie Mac and Carl Reiner have died, it just wouldn't be the same without them.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, but they could just do something as an homage to them, have the group say that they are continuing to honor their memory and not try to replace them.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I watched Terminator Dark Fate last night. Mixed emotions. Of all the movies I would put it at #4 with T2, T1, Terminator Salvation being the 3 ahead of it.

What I honestly didn't like that kind of fucked the whole movie for me was:

I liked the "terminators" especially Rev 9, holy shit that was dope. Grace was a little over the top but I dug the enhanced soldier approach. The action was slick, Arnold was awesome, excuse me, Carl. Linda Hamilton, super underrated action hero. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing another movie following this, but I heard it lost about 150 mill so yeah probably not happening.
    I finally watched this last night. I will have to disagree with you spoiler tag. I think it set the tone. Definitely a shock and awe moment making you wonder wtf is happening. It also helps set Sarah Conner up to rebecome the bad ass she has always been portrayed as being. She still gets to play a vital role in saving the future and her character gets to progress to a few different levels along the way.

As far as the rest of the film goes it was alright. I think some of the action sequences went a bit over the top with little to no consequences. The entire damn scene for starters but I know you have to suspend your mind for such things.

I would definitely watch if they ventured down the road more. Especially to see just how fucking crazy they can make terminators.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WarnerMedia has announced some of their 2021 films will be shown on HBOMAX for a month before they hit theaters, including Wonder Woman 84, Suicide Squad, Dune, and Godzilla vs. Kong. I’m down with this. I don’t know if I’ll see a movie in a theater again for a long, long time. Not just due to Covid, but having two kids makes movie night even more expensive. I’d be willing to pay $20-30 to watch a brand new movie at home, like Prime is already doing. No strangers talking, I can pause it to get to an empty bathroom, AND I can make my own snacks? Yes please.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    But do you have a giant butter machine for your popcorn?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    WarnerMedia has announced some of their 2021 films will be shown on HBOMAX for a month before they hit theaters, including Wonder Woman 84, Suicide Squad, Dune, and Godzilla vs. Kong. I’m down with this. I don’t know if I’ll see a movie in a theater again for a long, long time. Not just due to Covid, but having two kids makes movie night even more expensive. I’d be willing to pay $20-30 to watch a brand new movie at home, like Prime is already doing. No strangers talking, I can pause it to get to an empty bathroom, AND I can make my own snacks? Yes please.
    This is major industry news. One correction to what you said: I believe they will be released on HBO Max and in theaters simultaneously, but they will only last for a month on HBO Max (as opposed to you saying they will be on streaming a month prior to being in theaters).

And one question: will these be included in the HBO Max subscription? That seems to be the impression I'm getting, but recall that Disney put their new Mulan on Disney+ but charged $30 to rent it. If HBO Max is putting these all on there with no additional PPV fee, well, that's a pretty good deal for subscribers. Not sure sure how it works out for the studio though.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is major industry news. One correction to what you said: I believe they will be released on HBO Max and in theaters simultaneously, but they will only last for a month on HBO Max (as opposed to you saying they will be on streaming a month prior to being in theaters).

And one question: will these be included in the HBO Max subscription? That seems to be the impression I'm getting, but recall that Disney put their new Mulan on Disney+ but charged $30 to rent it. If HBO Max is putting these all on there with no additional PPV fee, well, that's a pretty good deal for subscribers. Not sure sure how it works out for the studio though.
    Right, I just read it again and realized I was incorrect. Like you said it’s not 30 BEFORE it has it hits theaters it’s FOR 30 days while it’s also in theaters.

From what I’m reading it is included in the subscription plan, no additional fees are being mentioned or proposed right now. I’m not sure how it works for the studio other than HBO must have paid them to acquire the streaming rights to the films?
    Last edited by BigAl; December 7th, 2020 at 3:48 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    But do you have a giant butter machine for your popcorn?
    Real butter + garlic powder + salt + Italian seasoning = garlic bread flavored popcorn. Too messy to eat in the theater but damn good to eat at home.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That does sound amazing.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, if there's no additional fees, i think I might have to sign back up for HBO Max for WW84 and Suicide Squad, at least...

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Ok, if there's no additional fees, i think I might have to sign back up for HBO Max for WW84 and Suicide Squad, at least...
    Wonder Woman 1984 is out Christmas day and Suicide Squad is set for August next year.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now we just need HBO Max to strike a deal with Roku

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Now we just need HBO Max to strike a deal with Roku
    You should just buy one of the new "Chromecast with Google tv", $50, you can cast to it like the old chromecast, and it has 8gb storage so you can download most apps from the Google play store (including HBO Max) and sideload apps not on the play store like you would with a Firestick. It's the best of both worlds.

I have my TCL Roku tv in my bedroom set up so it just goes to the Chromecast input when I turn it on. I don't miss their app store (that was severely antiquated in the first place) at all.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many films do you think reference Hitchcock's work? I feel like I'd like to watch films that reference them before I watch the original scenes.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Nine-Nine

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t wait.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nine nine should never ever end.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting that movies usually depict rooms as relatively clean, or like they just got new carpeting in.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Walton Goggins is going to play the lead in the Fallout TV show, that sounds great.

Unfortunately the show runners are the people from Westworld so hopefully they can at least give us one good season before it turns to shit.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Will Smith, who is literally a cuck, laughed at the joke Chris Rock told until he realized he should be offended. It's never ok to hit a comedian for telling jokes. He slaps like a bitch and if someone bigger than him told the joke he wouldn't have done it. Also, Bel-Air is trash.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Will Smith should've been escorted out of the building. Nothing Chris Rock said warranted a slap or a punch and Will screaming obscenities afterward just makes him look like a clown.

Take a joke funnyman.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Will Smith gotta slap comedians to win Oscars, well I don't, so fuck him and fuck you too.

I'm auditioning for Oscar worthy roles. Hope I win next year!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually blown away for about 3 seconds that they didn't even have security trying to stop him. But then I remembered where this happened.

It is funny that the main clip going around doesn't show Will laughing his ass off. It really was one of those moments that you only see in tv/movies lol. Jada gave him the evil eye like you better not let that man talk to me like that lol.

Over the last year or so I've come to the realization that Jada didn't just date Pac and Will Smith she kept their secret from the world. That's the only reason I can see Will being such a cuck.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awkward as fuck, that whole thing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Over the years there have been those jokes where you're just like damn is this really the place for that?

The only part I'm really not feeling are these 1-2 people I've seen on my FB using this as a means to call out toxic masculinity and how it relates to Chris Rock saying that joke. Chris Rock didn't write the joke, I'm not sure if that fat guy with the He Man haircut is still the MAIN writer but yeah, it's not THAT deep is it?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That joke came from Rock’s head, bro. He’s one of the most famous comedians walking the planet. You think he’s going to let Jimmy from accounting write his jokes at the Oscars? Ha

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years of jokes about Will being a cuck and her being a bitch whore wife and how their kids only get anywhere due to nepotism.... and one crack about how her hair's short like when Demi looked hot af with a fresh Marine Basic Training haircut -- THAT'S what it took for the Smith family trainwreck to come off the rails. Even as far as roast-jokes go, that's waaaay on the tame side. Unbelievable.

I miss the days when they'd bust Jack Nicholson's balls when he sat front row center and he'd laugh his ass off because he'd just go home and bang a few 20 year olds on his mattress filled with thousand-dollar-bills.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Isn't GI Jane a movie about female empowerment? Wouldn't being in gi Jane 2 be a complement

Its in Revelations people Jenova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Chris Rock has said WAY worse in his stand up routines. Him going up there and slapping him proves that either he's very thin-skinned, Jada's really got him whipped good or both.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    That joke came from Rock’s head, bro. He’s one of the most famous comedians walking the planet. You think he’s going to let Jimmy from accounting write his jokes at the Oscars? Ha
    https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...39453840379909

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Educate yourself first before trying to get one over on someone. Oh that's right you're the guy who's damn near 40 pretending he's a videotape.

Its in Revelations people Jenova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Dude, you can't be this dense?

The Oscars have a team of writers, all the stuff they write are presented on teleprompters.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @VHS Dude this has to be you

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Educate yourself first before trying to get one over on someone. Oh that's right you're the guy who's damn near 40 pretending he's a videotape.
    C'mon, Homeboy. You think Ricky Gervais wrote all that heat he spewed that one time? Try watching the Oscars and come back to me when you have a clue, bro slice.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuck Sklar has been Rock's pseudonym since 1998.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chuck Sklar has been Rock's pseudonym since 1998.
    A pseudonym with his own iMDB and Wikipedia pages? Including pictures of a conspicuously white guy?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @VHS

Chuck Sklar was a former writer on The Chris Rock Show.

Not sure what's up with the bullshit homeboy and bro slice talk but I have a feeling.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is going to end up that VHS is a pseudonym for Nash Diesel, isn't it?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @VHS you give Chris Rock all this credit for a GI Jane II joke toward a bald person in 2022? GOAT level comedian and you think that's the best he could come up with? He even knew the joke tanked before he got the hi 5 to the jaw.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    VHS is a pseudonym for Super Humann

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Oscars weren't that bad last night. I hadn't seen any of the movies nominated except Encanto, but I didn't see much last year so it makes sense. Thought Encanto was going to win best song but glad Billie Eyelash and Ferb won.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wanna meet the ninja who has seen everything nominated. And actually enjoys them all. That movie CODA cost 10 mill to make, barely made a million lol.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    There was a stretch of years (2015-18?) where I saw just about every one of the big nominations - best picture, director, actor, actress, etc - and I enjoyed the vast majority of them greatly..

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    "Only my wife's boyfriend can make that joke" - Will Smith 2022

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Oscars was truly wild thanks to the slap and then Smith's subsequent acceptance speech. The slap made the acceptance speech the most must-watch Oscars moment that I can remember. Of course if you weren't watching or on social media in that half hour span then you wouldn't have known to tune in. Rock's joke was of moderate poor taste due to Jada's alopecia, but it certainly wasn't assault worthy. Will Smith is unhinged to some extent. He still seems to be keeping it together and I don't expect a full meltdown but it wouldn't surprise me. For him to do that is pretty nuts since it could have easily gone a different way and he could have been escorted out prior to winning his award which would have been an epic epic disaster for himself personally and his career. He really risked it all. I want to see Rock perform in Boston this week but it's sold out and second hand tickets are going for about $250 minimum (not sure if that rose after the slap, but I imagine it did).

ANYWAY.... the Oscars themselves were pretty brutal in terms of production. I like Amy and I like Wanda, but having 3 hosts is dumb. Either of them could have been a satisfactory host on their own (not saying either are great choices, but they're both fine). The only time I like having multiple hosts is if they're a pre-established comedic team (like Tina and Amy, or Steve Martin and Martin Short).

The musical acts take up way too much of the event. I don't mind 1 or 2 musical performances. Billie was good. Having every best song nominee perform is ridiculous. I would have done 2 performances: Billie, and maybe the cast of West Side Story could do a song. That's it. There's no point in having Beyonce perform a song that only plays during the credits of a movie. If it's just a credits song it's not really part of the movie. This isn't the Grammy's - and soundtrack songs are such a miniscule part of movie making.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    Years of jokes about Will being a cuck and her being a bitch whore wife and how their kids only get anywhere due to nepotism.... and one crack about how her hair's short like when Demi looked hot af with a fresh Marine Basic Training haircut -- THAT'S what it took for the Smith family trainwreck to come off the rails. Even as far as roast-jokes go, that's waaaay on the tame side. Unbelievable.

I miss the days when they'd bust Jack Nicholson's balls when he sat front row center and he'd laugh his ass off because he'd just go home and bang a few 20 year olds on his mattress filled with thousand-dollar-bills.
    That is the whole point. He and his family have been made fun by the public for years at this point. We all know it and so does Will. It is one thing for people to make jokes in their personal lives. But to make fun of them in front of the entire world in what should have been the best night of Will's careers is a different ballgame. I am sure he was thinking "Even here?" because remember Regina Hall made a crack about their 'open' marriage at the beginning of the show too.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back…

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also feel like people are glossing over the fact that people very often lie about medical conditions. It is completely possible Jada has something other than alopecia and is just using that to explain her hair loss. That is why I don't think you make jokes about medical conditions. Zero upside. Plenty of other things to make fun of.

Comedy is about punching up, not punching down. And making fun of people's medical problems is punching down.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricky Gervais's Golden Globes monologues are still king. I hope he does it again some day.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _me View Post
    That is the whole point. He and his family have been made fun by the public for years at this point. We all know it and so does Will. It is one thing for people to make jokes in their personal lives. But to make fun of them in front of the entire world in what should have been the best night of Will's careers is a different ballgame. I am sure he was thinking "Even here?" because remember Regina Hall made a crack about their 'open' marriage at the beginning of the show too.

It was the straw that broke the camel's back…
    Insert the 'This your first time?" meme here. They're the ones who put their shit out in public, and here they are butthurt over a couple of zingers that would have been otherwise done and forgotten in a couple days if not sooner. Now people are going to remmeber this more than most anything else. Hell, you're not finding much coverage of the actual winnerss from last night to the exclsuion of The Slap.
    Hosts are notoriously jokey-jokey towards the nominees. Billy Crystal made a fat-kid joke to Jonah Hill when he was up for Moneyball, for example. The jokes are just meant to be playful zings, but from the criticism of Rock you'd think people don't know the difference between friendly ball-busting and a full-blown Roast. The GI Jane crack was tame compared to Hall's earlier comment. Maybe Will shoulda gone up and pimphanded her for it? Rock supposedly wasn't familiar with her condition, and frankly, with the short cropped hairstyles she's sported thru the years, I would've thought it was her just trying to rock the bald look. If anyone really wants to bust on her for her 'condition', the conditions they should concentrate on are her malignant narcissism and her RBF.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can't believe there are people defending Will and Jada.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Hill was clearly upset by the joke.

If anyone really wants to bust on her for her 'condition', the conditions they should concentrate on are her malignant narcissism and her RBF

That is completely fair game to me. Making fun a celebrity's ego is completely above board and there are always tons of options.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't believe there are people defending Will and Jada.
    I am not defending Will. He was wrong. I just understand his actions because many other people would react the same way. Many, many, many people have zero sense of humor about their families, especially their wives. One of the few times in my life I ever saw my father get angry is when someone made fun of his wife/my mother. He went from 0 to 100 immediately.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I meant people like Tiffany Haddish and Jayden Smith.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant people like Tiffany Haddish and Jayden Smith.
    Cool.

I think you can explain WHY Will did it rather easily. But there is no excuse that makes it him right. He was 1000% wrong.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Will and Jada can be offended, but maybe talk to Chris privately after the event.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or even just walk out and leave if you are that irate. I don't think a private talk does much; if you feel like your family was just embarrassed on national TV, a calm discussion off the air hours later doesn't really solve that problem.

I have seen people bring up the hypothetical: What if Will never leaves the stage but still yells "Keep my wife's name out your fucking mouth"? I think public opinion is with Will on that one…

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A cold glare from the two of them would have sufficed. Either way, after showing Will laughing at the quip at first, it still would have been incredibly bizarre and not a good look for him to go into any type of histrionics, even if he was still just yelling from his seat.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The laughing thing doesn't mean much to me. That was just polite laughter that everyone in large crowds does. You laugh at the pauses, not the actual joke. The joke wasn't funny so there was no reason for everyone to be laughing at all.

The best answer would have been to call Rock out in his acceptance speech.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    There was a stretch of years (2015-18?) where I saw just about every one of the big nominations - best picture, director, actor, actress, etc - and I enjoyed the vast majority of them greatly..
    Of course you did. I can always count on you!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jada put the Academy on blast because she's never had a career worth a damn beyond Demon Knight. So I'm not shocked they had the black comedian pump that jab at her but again...It's 2022 and GI Jane 2 is the best they came up with???? Anytime a woman shaves her head=GI Jane. Jada's been called GI Jane for probably 20+ years lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emooootional damage.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jada put the Academy on blast because she's never had a career worth a damn beyond Demon Knight. So I'm not shocked they had the black comedian pump that jab at her but again...It's 2022 and GI Jane 2 is the best they came up with???? Anytime a woman shaves her head=GI Jane. Jada's been called GI Jane for probably 20+ years lol.
    V for Vendetta 2

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    V for Vendetta 2
    I'll never forget the story of Natalie Portman getting pulled over and her blaming it on the fact she had a shaved head.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess Bert should be worried too…

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'll be slapped after every post.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully not every post for me but at least 90% I'm sure.