Results 3,201 to 3,295 of 3295

Thread: ***The Official Boxing Thread***

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Or Luis Ortiz.

Fury vs Ruiz Jr would be the same as Saturday but a complete 12-0 shut out and Ruiz wouldn't get quite as marked up. Wilder vs Ruiz Jr would be interesting as Wilder can get outboxed and Ruiz has a solid chin.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heavyweight division is about to get fragmented again most likely. One of the governing bodies will be calling a mandatory most likely and Joshua will give up a belt. Probably the WBO, which would book Usyk vs. Parker for the vacant title. Between the likelihood of a third Wilder/Fury fight (unless Wilder knocks him out) and the Dillian Whyte mandatory, I can't see us getting the full unification. Joshua fights a mandatory like Pulev next, Dillian Whyte probably fights Ortiz in the interim, and Frank rushes Dubois into the Chisora fight.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest heavyweight fight of the year tomorrow!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got Wilder. I just struggle to see him not landing the big shot in 36 minutes, and the first fight will have affected Fury's durability I think. Not to keen on the trainer change either. I think Fury beats everyone else, and Wilder never has any more than a 60% chance against the other elite heavyweights, but his power has him the favourite in any fight. 12 rounds is a long time. It'll be tense, Fury will be winning comprehensively, then bang. I've gone round 10.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning toward Wilder as well. I'm as casual as they come these days with boxing as I dipped out pretty much around the time Fury beat Klitschko. So for me, I'm hoping the winner v. Anthony Joshua. These are the top 3 HW boxers in the world right now and we need to determine the best on the planet.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fury will put this clown on his arse.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Fury completely dominated that fight.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Holy Shiiiiiiit. What an awesome fight. Very pumped for Fury. The absolute right guy won.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely smashed him.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Eardrum rupture is no joke. The blood was pouring out. I'm very glad the corner stopped it so there were no shenanigans and Fury is the decisive winner.

Based on what we have seen we need a 3rd fight in a year when his eardrum has fully healed and no excuses. Let's hope Fury can hang on to the belt and these guys can clash again in a compelling way.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Fury will put this clown on his arse.
    Several times.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOCONUT View Post
    Eardrum rupture is no joke. The blood was pouring out. I'm very glad the corner stopped it so there were no shenanigans and Fury is the decisive winner.

Based on what we have seen we need a 3rd fight in a year when his eardrum has fully healed and no excuses. Let's hope Fury can hang on to the belt and these guys can clash again in a compelling way.
    From what I’ve read there was no ruptured eardrum, just a cut inside of his ear. Wilder will not rematch Fury. He has been exposed as an extremely heavy puncher without boxing fundamentals. He looked extremely amateurish inside there tonight and a lot of his aura is taken away now. He was like a different man in the interview after the fight. A lot of the bravura completely gone. Fight him inside and he isn’t able to generate that power for his wild looping hooks. I have no idea why he cane in so heavy. I still think that he’d be a toss up with Joshua, but I think he’s lost that big pay day now as AJ will also get smashed off Fury.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fury called his shot, man. Very impressed. Hurt Wilder early and just drained his energy. Glad the corner called it, Wilder's a decent man beyond the bluster and by round 5 it had an ominous, tragic feel to it because Tyson's lack of one shot power ensuring a prolonged beating.

Fury vs. Joshua will break every record. Raiders Stadium, surely? I know it's massive in the UK, but the States is the market.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knew I won money on the fight before I even knew who won the fight. Never a bad feeling.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fury/Joshua should be at 02 arena. We have TV's. The crowd will be 10x better in the UK.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wilder should have put his scary costume back on for the post fight presser.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Mik everything I am seeing online still says busted eardrum. He looked like a guy with an equilibrium issue.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a press conference they said it was a cut on his ear.

I mean, Wilder is also saying that his legs were tired from carrying around a 40lbs costume, so it’s hard to take much of the excuse making seriously now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Wilder reportedly parting ways now with trainer Mark Breland, the man who threw the towel in on his behalf.

If this is about particulars of their training and preparedness for the fight, and training matters in general .. then fair enough.

But if this is about his ending the fight then it's a shame to see.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I cant think of a fighter who needs a new trainer more. Probably the best thing he ever did for Wilder was throwing in the towel against his fighters wishes.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    3rd fight is happening. Wilder blaming his absurd homo-erotic mad max costume being too heavy for his ringwalk and killed his legs.

The Rosk
    Why doesn't he just give in and accept that the Brit is best?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embarrassing excuse, but we'll never understand the thought process behind these men. Must be hard to come to terms with why another man beat you half to death in front of 16000 people.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... Fury/Wilder winner would have to fight Dillian Whyte by February 2021. They can't really delay his title fight any longer. It's not Joshua but it would be a big fight globally for Fury given Whyte's profile in the UK. Plus, he has 2 fights left on his contract... if the Joshua fight is on the table without a contract in place, how much could he sign for just that one fight?

As for Joshua, Pulev and Usyk would be the mandatories, with Pulev first in June. He wouldn't be much issue I don't think, not massively powerful, reasonable skill, quite slow. AJ should stop him. Usyk meanwhile would be a huge risk as he's a generational talent but unproven at heavyweight. Fight fans would love to see that fight. Point being, it's not the be all, end all if this fight doesn't get made immediately. It's not like when Fury was on the shelf and instead of AJ vs. Wilder we got Stiverne and Takam title shots. There's some good fights in the division.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually more excited for the 3rd fight than the previous 2 simply because I want to see how Wilder adjusts. Right now he's reacting almost on pure emotion. Firing people, blaming his battle armor, if anything blame your damn ear drum lol.

But I was listening to the JRE podcast and Joe was talking about Tyson saying in the 12th round of their first round he realized how to beat Wilder. We all know Wilder is a very wild, will he tighten up his technique and improve his footwork the 3rd time around? Or is he headhunting per usual? Guess we'll see.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm also excited. Teddy Atlas would sort him out immediately.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Nothing is going to make Wilder an actual effective boxer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    That trail of dead bodies seems to me like he's been pretty effective. I just don't know if he'll the window to make the changes his team sees that need to be made. But this also gives Tyson more time to improve.

We've all kind of known Wilder's style wouldn't work against everyone, I'm just glad we found out against 1 of the elites and not some scrub.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Ok.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.
    lol

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That seems a bit premature.

Wilder has looked nothing short of robotic. With the correct programmer he could be fucking deadly again rather quickly.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I don't think so.

He's 34, he's fought one singular way his entire successful, and therefore highly impressionable, career. He's also not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Could he against all reasonable odds up and change his complete muscle memory, particularly mid-fire fight, ... I suppose I can't say it's utterly impossible, but I'm not standing on that side of the wager.

His entire sense of worth, his sense of being, resonates in his saving grace punching power without actual boxing form. It's actually premature to say he likely can change.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so.

He's 34, he's fought one singular way his entire successful, and therefore highly impressionable, career. He's also not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Could he against all reasonable odds up and change his complete muscle memory, particularly mid-fire fight, ... I suppose I can't say it's utterly impossible, but I'm not standing on that side of the wager.

His entire sense of worth, his sense of being, resonates in his saving grace punching power without actual boxing form. It's actually premature to say he likely can change.
    Ok.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilder isn’t going to change. He’d still beat almost anyone else in the world, possibly including Anthony Joshua.

He isn’t suddenly going to become a better boxer than Fury at this age. He’ll always have the power to knock Fury out 2 in 10 fights, but he’s never going to have the boxing fundamentals. When have we ever seen someone suddenly learn to box at that age? Foreman is the only one I can think of that changed his style so effectively at that age, but Foreman was a bloody good boxer, not just a big right hand like Wilder.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a solid card tonight. Hearn, as divisive as he is, sees the importance of the event as opposed to just the main event. 2 competitive title fights, Joseph Parker's return and Jesse Vargas vs. Mikey Garcia on top. The 2 title fights could be really good, as Gonzalez and Martinez are big punchers at the lighter weights facing crafty, unbeaten Brits.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chocolatito is back. Mikey desperately needs to move down in weight. He really wasnt reacting well at all to Vargas punches at the end.

Wilder Fury 3 is official. Wilder wants one last payday before retiring.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a great performance by Gonzalez. Never let Yafai off the hook then took him out in devastating fashion. Hopefully see him try and avenge or unify next, he's already got a HOF legacy though so maybe a couple of easier defences is the smarter play for an old man at the lower weights.

Yeah, Garcia's insistence to fight at welterweight is odd. Just for that 5 weight champ thing. I guess. Thing is, it's boxing, so you can easily imagine them making Spence or Crawford a "super" champion and Garcia beating a Lipinets or whomever for the "regular" title. This win will buy him a ranking, and a high one, with the governing bodies. Stupid though, as him vs. Taylor or Loma would be legit fights.

Wilder should go into Butterbean mode after losing that. King of the 4 rounders against a bum of the month. Do that and he'll eventually get the call to be a mandatory for a lame duck champ like Parker once the titles get stripped, and he can be world champion again. Always reasons to continue in boxing, politics make it farcical but open up opportunities.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That butterbean comparison is an amazing idea. Unfortunately it appears Wilder believes he is the guy in the costume 24 hours a day and will probably go out on his sword(he literally said that like 9 times. Not a smart guy).

I'm quietly rooting for Wilder to make adjustments and at least bring a competitive 3rd fight. I really detest Wilder but it would be a great scenario for boxing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The preferred narrative would be Fury climbing off the canvas to knock him out probably. A combination of the two fights. Everything seems so simple now, basically an 8 man tournament (Fury vs. Wilder, Whyte vs. ?, Joshua vs. Pulev, Usyk vs. Chisora) for the undisputed crown, so I'm fascinated to see how it gets cocked up. I wish boxing made sense. Could easily run another tournament (Parker, Ruiz, Ortiz, Povetkin, Hunter, Kownacki, Martin, Dubois/Joyce winner) concurrently to sort out a legit top contender too.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They are fighting the third fight in July.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    July 18th. Mayweather saying he wants to help Wilder beat Fury.

I'm not a boxing guru but how impossible is it going to be to get to the winner of this fight v. Anthony Joshua? We've seen Fury v. Wilder twice, now we need to see AJ v. these 2 at least once. This is like if Tyson, Holyfield, and Lewis never fought or we only saw Tyson v. Holyfield.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not going to be impossible, but the alphabet soup makes it highly unlikely for it to be next. Dillian Whyte, who has been the WBC #1 contender for the better part of 2 years, is contractually obligated to get a title shot by February of next year. Considering unification fights historically take a while to make financially and require months of promotional muscle, I would say it's about 0.001% likely for them to get through Fury vs. Wilder 3 without delays, go into negotiations with Joshua, fight late October/early November then turn around to fight Chisora in February, all while satisfying the growing concerns within the WBA and WBO with their own mandatory challengers being passed on. Politically, for it to be a unification bout with all the titles, Joshua will have to defend against the WBO mandatory (Usyk) before the end of the year most likely or the WBO would move on to Usyk vs. Parker for the now vacant title.

The positive, on this side of the pond anyway, is that there's huge investment on everybody else involved. I understand the frustration from the American side, but over here Dillian Whyte is a PPV fighter, probably a top 5 draw in UK boxing, and him against the winner of Fury vs. Wilder would be a huge fight. Particularly if it's Fury, obviously. All British title fight. That itself would probably sell out Wembley Stadium. Whyte is fighting Povetkin in May apparently, which is a great fight as Povetkin is still a world level operator. On the other side of the bracket Hearn is building Usyk by matching him with Dereck Chisora, a top 10 draw in the UK, on a PPV card at the 02 in May. He'll be in position to fight Joshua in a big fight at Wembley or the Cardiff stadium at the end of the year. Joshua vs. Fury is absolutely the biggest fight that could be made in the sport, but the alternatives are appealing as there's some quality operators involved, Usyk in particular. He's a special boxer, former undisputed cruiserweight champion, undefeated, might be too small for heavyweight but Chisora will be a good enough test to see how he deals with a big puncher at the weight. Whyte is more of a brawler but he's got a set of stones and a lot of charisma, his WBC title challenge will be highly entertaining should he get past Povetkin.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Mike Tyson to face Roy Jones Jr. in Sept. 12 exhibition match

Pretty neat.

Can't expect a legit competition, but also can't help as a long-time fan to be at least a little intrigued.

And really if one guy manages to touch the other a little on the stiff side.. idk, who's to say they don't get the juices flowing a little bit..

I doubt it but fuck it let the old school legends have a little fun. I'll watch.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll watch the fuck out of it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Loma v. Lopez tomorrow night.. anyone?

This is a beast of a fight. Perfect fight for Loma at this stage of his career, reminds a bit of Mayweather/Canelo in fact. Established stud with a chance to cement his all time status against a young buck who's bigger and stronger and looking to put a legendary kind of pelt on his wall.

I've got Loma be decision but I wouldn't put money on it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Why are officials in boxing so fucking useless? Everywhere in the world it seems.

Staying up until stupid o'clock to watch Crawford/Brook and they're messing about for half an hour watching replays to come to the correct decision for the fight before (checking for a headbutt to see if it should be TKO or no contest). Which was fucking obvious as there was clearly no headbutt and they STILL get it wrong. Bellends.

COME ON KELL

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Interesting fight. Went about as expected. Need to see Crawford and Spence.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Need to see someone as good as Crawford fighting genuinely top fighters. Not hasbeens like Kell Brook and Amir Khan.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's so many good "super fights" in boxing ready to not be made due to the varied promotion and TV deals. Fury vs. Joshua, Canelo against any of those unbeaten champions at 160 and 168, Crawford vs. Spence, Taylor vs. Ramirez, Lopez vs. Davis, all mega fights that stylistically make the mouth water too. The hope is that Arum, Hearn etc. have done so much bread during the pandemic that they'll chase the big score and accept terms when crowds are back hopefully next year.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On cue, Canelo vs. Callum Smith announced for December 19th. Very legitimate fight for Canelo, maybe a year or 2 late as Smith hasn't looked as good lately with the feeling he's cutting too much to make 168. Still, if he has a good weight cut his size, strength and engine will give Canelo plenty to think about. Canelo is building an all time resume at the age of 30, with a further 4 unbeaten alphabet champions between 160 and 168 after this to put a further stamp on it. Obviously it's rhetorical at this point as he needs to keep winning, but it's exciting to see a boxer that might go down in the top 10 of all time operate in their prime. Golovkin, Trout, Jacobs, Cotto, Khan, Kovalev and Lara all great wins and a lot of other decent ones when he was coming up fighting world class boxers who were on the fade. In an ideal world he mops up these unbeaten fighters after winning a Golovkin trilogy fight before challenging an undisputed champion at light heavyweight.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Not sure if I would put Khan down as a great win... but I get the point, it's an impressive record.

Weird seeing Khan and Kovalev together in the list of previous opponents, maybe they should fight each other for a laugh.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is odd the degrees of separation can do in boxing. Imagine the little fuckers Pacquiao started off against fighting Antonio Margarito. I would argue Khan was still a good win at that point, obviously he wasn't a middleweight but Canelo wasn't really viewed as one at that point as he'd still compete at 154. Was clearly the bigger man but it wasn't absurd, and Khan had rebuilt his career to the point where people thought his speed could cause problems if he was perfect for 12 rounds, though acknowledged that he rarely if ever was. I'd class it as a bigger win than Mosley, who was shot at that point.

You giving Smith much of a chance? What interests me is that his best performances have been against Groves and Fielding, the two highest quality operators on his record. Sometimes he can fight down a level like the WBSS quarter final and his last defence. So if the weight cut is good it should be the best Smith we've seen, and Canelo hasn't fought a world class fighter in their prime above middleweight. Kovalev was a calculated risk after that Yarde fight and the Alvarez loss. This is a pure risk, prime champion who he's not going to gain many mainstream plaudits for beating.

Interested in Joyce and Dubois next weekend. Joyce reminds me of Audley in the pro's, not impressed at all, whereas Dubois is raw but a very real prospect. Can't see past a three round drubbing.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I vaguely recall Khan was running circles around Canelo right up until the K.O. that we all knew was coming.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    On cue, Canelo vs. Callum Smith announced for December 19th. Very legitimate fight for Canelo, maybe a year or 2 late as Smith hasn't looked as good lately with the feeling he's cutting too much to make 168. Still, if he has a good weight cut his size, strength and engine will give Canelo plenty to think about. Canelo is building an all time resume at the age of 30, with a further 4 unbeaten alphabet champions between 160 and 168 after this to put a further stamp on it. Obviously it's rhetorical at this point as he needs to keep winning, but it's exciting to see a boxer that might go down in the top 10 of all time operate in their prime. Golovkin, Trout, Jacobs, Cotto, Khan, Kovalev and Lara all great wins and a lot of other decent ones when he was coming up fighting world class boxers who were on the fade. In an ideal world he mops up these unbeaten fighters after winning a Golovkin trilogy fight before challenging an undisputed champion at light heavyweight.
    Obviously I’m a Smith fan being from Liverpool but I honestly think he’s got a very good chance to win this.

Smith is at least 6 inches taller than Canelo and has a 7.5-inch reach advantage, this is a huge advantage that should guarantee Smith wins any exchanges that take place on the outside. Smith is big, strong and professional, with a classic, disciplined European style: he keeps his guard up, his feet in the perfect place and pops off fast, straight jabs for all 12 rounds.

With this big advantage in size and reach, Smith’s style should essentially be perfect for winning rounds against Canelo, using his footwork and movement to keep Canelo away from him, racking up jabs to Canelo’s head for 3 minutes. As crude as it sounds, a simple jab and grab strategy could be the basis for Smith’s victory. Smith could seriously frustrate Canelo by making the fight boring and frustrating, holding onto Canelo as soon as he comes into anything resembling close range.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty much yeah. Such a good offensive boxer was Khan, but there was always the crushing inevitability that he'd get clipped eventually and that would be that. It's a shame the Golovkin trilogy has been delayed to the point where GGG will be a spent force by the time it happens, those first two fights were magic.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously sounds easy us saying it. Still going to be tough for Smith.

Yeah is a shame about the trilogy.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Obviously I’m a Smith fan being from Liverpool but I honestly think he’s got a very good chance to win this.

Smith is at least 6 inches taller than Canelo and has a 7.5-inch reach advantage, this is a huge advantage that should guarantee Smith wins any exchanges that take place on the outside. Smith is big, strong and professional, with a classic, disciplined European style: he keeps his guard up, his feet in the perfect place and pops off fast, straight jabs for all 12 rounds.

With this big advantage in size and reach, Smith’s style should essentially be perfect for winning rounds against Canelo, using his footwork and movement to keep Canelo away from him, racking up jabs to Canelo’s head for 3 minutes. As crude as it sounds, a simple jab and grab strategy could be the basis for Smith’s victory. Smith could seriously frustrate Canelo by making the fight boring and frustrating, holding onto Canelo as soon as he comes into anything resembling close range.
    Smith to be ahead on the cards when he gets stopped.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much likely

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody watching the Tyson/Jones event? I just witnessed Nate Robinson, the basketball player get KOed clean by some youtube guy. I did not know this was a freak show event lol.
    Sugar Ray Leonard is on commentary and I've barely heard a word from him. Probably embarrassed to be part of this event.

Hopefully Tyson v Jones showcases a little more boxing skill and intelligence.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Snoop Dogg is great "these 2 are fighting like my uncles at the bbq"

His rapping was also way better than the shit autotune mumble rappers they put on before him.

I thought it was pretty obvious Tyson won, but I usually watch MMA.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like it was a decent bit of fun and neither man disgraced themselves, so a win all round really. Looks like they were trying to push the narrative of a regulated rematch in the pro ranks but that's surely not feasible, none of the big athletic commissions gave Jones a pro license during his later years.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    so no one is talking about Mayweather vs Paul

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Why this Paul?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    so no one is talking about Mayweather vs Paul
    Not here but everywhere else. And thank God we aren't because it's not even worth talking about. Remember the last exhibition Mayweather was in over in Japan? Killed that poor kid. This is easy money for Mayweather doing some stupid shit.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I was really hoping McGregor would have accepted. that would have been ugly. Mayweather is just gonna play defense and get a few jabs in.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    McGregor wasn't offered/challenged to fight this guy though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McGregor wasn't offered/challenged to fight this guy though.
    Jake Paul literally called out McGregor after knocking out Nate.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Correct.

And that's not who's fighting Mayweather.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct.

And that's not who's fighting Mayweather.
    Drugs

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wouldn't be a thing if people wouldn't be daft enough to pay for it. It'll do gigantic business. The irritating thing is, Mayweather is a complete arsehole and I love for him to actually take a real fight long after his prime and get smashed, but instead he'll get richer doing the jab circle clinch on a fucking youtuber.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this spectacle or circus? Mayweather v. McGregor for example, very much spectacle and something we will never see again in our lifetime. Not unless we get something like Jon Jones v. Tyson Fury.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 big fights over the weekend, GGG tonight and Canelo vs. Smith tomorrow. The timeline will match up for the trilogy fight so it'll be interesting to see how good both look. They are each other's biggest payday at this point, though 160 and 168 are really good divisions at the moment so there's no shortage of good contests. Including the one tomorrow night. Smith is very good. He's very big. I worry about the body shots if he comes in boiled down. He's capable of a big performance, and looks to be the kind of fighter that fights to the level of his opponent, so he'll be much better here than he was against John Ryder. Besides Mayweather at that point in his career, it's Canelo's biggest challenge. A prime, unbeaten, bigger, genuine world champion.

For UK fans, DAZN is Ł1.99 a month, so GGG, Canelo/Smith and Campbell/Garcia on the 2nd for the price of a couple of bars of Dairy Milk.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was man against boy.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Well that was something

I'm no hardcore boxing fan but I like Benn.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That Reykon guy didn't land a single punch. Wow.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two non-boxers, boxing. We should probably find a different thread to put this in. Ah well, at least we know Woodley is used to fighting longer guys, can carry weight quite easily, has actually trained boxing fundamentals and has knockout power.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I considered the mma thread, but that's even more nonsensical.

But if you'd like make a 'Non-boxers, Boxing' thread knock yourself out.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Paul v Woodley.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Pretty sure Paul's operating on a much larger scale than 'grifter'.

And surely you'd get how taking away the takedown would effect a wrestler-puncher who's actual boxing never soared above mediocre..

even against a pretty impossible to stomach, yet awfully dedicated, youtuber turned spectacle boxer.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The ropes saved Paul. So did the clinch. I really don't like boxing very much. They ended up clinching whenever it looks like it's going to get interesting. Oh well, at least I watched it for free.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    And surely you'd get how taking away the takedown would effect a wrestler-puncher who's actual boxing never soared above mediocre..
    I don’t buy it.

If you had a 12 year career in the combat sports industry, even if your standup game was considered subpar amongst your brethren, you should still be able to easily dust off a part-time hack.

If I’m Dana White, I tell Tyron to lose my number. Fucking embarrassing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I'm not selling it. It is what it is.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I don’t buy it.

If you had a 12 year career in the combat sports industry, even if your standup game was considered subpar amongst your brethren, you should still be able to easily dust off a part-time hack.

If I’m Dana White, I tell Tyron to lose my number. Fucking embarrassing.
    Why does Dana White matter? He hasn't been with the UFC since April.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every fight these Paul kids are in are faker than a $7 bill. Askren can't take a punch? Woodley suddenly lost power and fight IQ because he's not in the Octagon?

Woodley probably thought this dude had actual power and didn't want to wind up a meme. Instead he's going to wind up with I Love Jake Paul tat. I am curious if he's going to follow through with greenlighting that one clown for dissing his mom. That would be more interesting to hear about than Woodley throwing a fight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't watch much boxing because it usually sucks and is boring but that Fury/Wilder fight was great. Fuck yeah, Fury.

Wilder has no excuses for this one. He put up a hell of a fight though.

Pretty sad that Wilder wasn't willing to show respect after the fight.
    Last edited by Bert; October 10th, 2021 at 1:00 AM.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

This is surprising.

FKA Gentleman Jack Gallagher in WWE before he was outed in June 2020 during Speaking Out for what was basically attempted rape in 2014 and released by WWE.

Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Mentioned
    325 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total domination by Fury and that uppercut to the cheek just nailed it. Whyte didn’t really get a look in and was too slow.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whyte earned his shot the hard way and deserved to be in there, but there's levels to the sport. The Chisora fights, Rivas and Parker were tooth and nail scraps and he got knocked out by Povetkin. He's slow and relies on his strength and Tyson negated that while being quicker and the far superior boxer. Scrappy fight that Fury was comfortably winning before the knockout. Whyte might get lucky if Fury vacates - logic would say the WBC would put the title in the Usyk vs. Joshua rematch, but that's not boxing - Whyte will fight for the vacant title most likely.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Seeing as this was bumped I am going to the Boxing at my football teams stadium next month.

https://images.app.goo.gl/eRhpDxAX5EDoeHV17

I am a casual fan at best but I have at least heard of Andrade

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jake Paul vs Tyson.

I am not sure how I feel about this. But since it is on Netflix I may actually watch it lol

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Iron Mike better smash Mr. Social Media.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous fight. Mike Tyson is Mike Tyson, but he's close to being a pensioner. The worst result for the sport, Jake Paul knocking Tyson out inside a round, is also the likeliest outcome. The thing with the crossover fights is that they actually have to be good bell to bell to have a positive impact on the sport, and they're not, because they're celebrities fighting. It's just detracting from good fighters week to week.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would anyone really be surprised to see if Tyson treats Paul's ears like they were Holyfield's.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Iron Mike better smash Mr. Social Media.
    But yes, Mike likely is taking the dive for the bag…