Results 3,201 to 3,242 of 3242

Thread: ***The Official Boxing Thread***

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    somalia
    Or Luis Ortiz.

Fury vs Ruiz Jr would be the same as Saturday but a complete 12-0 shut out and Ruiz wouldn't get quite as marked up. Wilder vs Ruiz Jr would be interesting as Wilder can get outboxed and Ruiz has a solid chin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The heavyweight division is about to get fragmented again most likely. One of the governing bodies will be calling a mandatory most likely and Joshua will give up a belt. Probably the WBO, which would book Usyk vs. Parker for the vacant title. Between the likelihood of a third Wilder/Fury fight (unless Wilder knocks him out) and the Dillian Whyte mandatory, I can't see us getting the full unification. Joshua fights a mandatory like Pulev next, Dillian Whyte probably fights Ortiz in the interim, and Frank rushes Dubois into the Chisora fight.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest heavyweight fight of the year tomorrow!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got Wilder. I just struggle to see him not landing the big shot in 36 minutes, and the first fight will have affected Fury's durability I think. Not to keen on the trainer change either. I think Fury beats everyone else, and Wilder never has any more than a 60% chance against the other elite heavyweights, but his power has him the favourite in any fight. 12 rounds is a long time. It'll be tense, Fury will be winning comprehensively, then bang. I've gone round 10.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning toward Wilder as well. I'm as casual as they come these days with boxing as I dipped out pretty much around the time Fury beat Klitschko. So for me, I'm hoping the winner v. Anthony Joshua. These are the top 3 HW boxers in the world right now and we need to determine the best on the planet.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fury will put this clown on his arse.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Fury completely dominated that fight.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Holy Shiiiiiiit. What an awesome fight. Very pumped for Fury. The absolute right guy won.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely smashed him.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Eardrum rupture is no joke. The blood was pouring out. I'm very glad the corner stopped it so there were no shenanigans and Fury is the decisive winner.

Based on what we have seen we need a 3rd fight in a year when his eardrum has fully healed and no excuses. Let's hope Fury can hang on to the belt and these guys can clash again in a compelling way.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Fury will put this clown on his arse.
    Several times.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOCONUT View Post
    Eardrum rupture is no joke. The blood was pouring out. I'm very glad the corner stopped it so there were no shenanigans and Fury is the decisive winner.

Based on what we have seen we need a 3rd fight in a year when his eardrum has fully healed and no excuses. Let's hope Fury can hang on to the belt and these guys can clash again in a compelling way.
    From what I’ve read there was no ruptured eardrum, just a cut inside of his ear. Wilder will not rematch Fury. He has been exposed as an extremely heavy puncher without boxing fundamentals. He looked extremely amateurish inside there tonight and a lot of his aura is taken away now. He was like a different man in the interview after the fight. A lot of the bravura completely gone. Fight him inside and he isn’t able to generate that power for his wild looping hooks. I have no idea why he cane in so heavy. I still think that he’d be a toss up with Joshua, but I think he’s lost that big pay day now as AJ will also get smashed off Fury.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fury called his shot, man. Very impressed. Hurt Wilder early and just drained his energy. Glad the corner called it, Wilder's a decent man beyond the bluster and by round 5 it had an ominous, tragic feel to it because Tyson's lack of one shot power ensuring a prolonged beating.

Fury vs. Joshua will break every record. Raiders Stadium, surely? I know it's massive in the UK, but the States is the market.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knew I won money on the fight before I even knew who won the fight. Never a bad feeling.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fury/Joshua should be at 02 arena. We have TV's. The crowd will be 10x better in the UK.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wilder should have put his scary costume back on for the post fight presser.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Mik everything I am seeing online still says busted eardrum. He looked like a guy with an equilibrium issue.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a press conference they said it was a cut on his ear.

I mean, Wilder is also saying that his legs were tired from carrying around a 40lbs costume, so it’s hard to take much of the excuse making seriously now.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Wilder reportedly parting ways now with trainer Mark Breland, the man who threw the towel in on his behalf.

If this is about particulars of their training and preparedness for the fight, and training matters in general .. then fair enough.

But if this is about his ending the fight then it's a shame to see.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I cant think of a fighter who needs a new trainer more. Probably the best thing he ever did for Wilder was throwing in the towel against his fighters wishes.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    3rd fight is happening. Wilder blaming his absurd homo-erotic mad max costume being too heavy for his ringwalk and killed his legs.

Legend
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why doesn't he just give in and accept that the Brit is best?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Embarrassing excuse, but we'll never understand the thought process behind these men. Must be hard to come to terms with why another man beat you half to death in front of 16000 people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So... Fury/Wilder winner would have to fight Dillian Whyte by February 2021. They can't really delay his title fight any longer. It's not Joshua but it would be a big fight globally for Fury given Whyte's profile in the UK. Plus, he has 2 fights left on his contract... if the Joshua fight is on the table without a contract in place, how much could he sign for just that one fight?

As for Joshua, Pulev and Usyk would be the mandatories, with Pulev first in June. He wouldn't be much issue I don't think, not massively powerful, reasonable skill, quite slow. AJ should stop him. Usyk meanwhile would be a huge risk as he's a generational talent but unproven at heavyweight. Fight fans would love to see that fight. Point being, it's not the be all, end all if this fight doesn't get made immediately. It's not like when Fury was on the shelf and instead of AJ vs. Wilder we got Stiverne and Takam title shots. There's some good fights in the division.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually more excited for the 3rd fight than the previous 2 simply because I want to see how Wilder adjusts. Right now he's reacting almost on pure emotion. Firing people, blaming his battle armor, if anything blame your damn ear drum lol.

But I was listening to the JRE podcast and Joe was talking about Tyson saying in the 12th round of their first round he realized how to beat Wilder. We all know Wilder is a very wild, will he tighten up his technique and improve his footwork the 3rd time around? Or is he headhunting per usual? Guess we'll see.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm also excited. Teddy Atlas would sort him out immediately.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Nothing is going to make Wilder an actual effective boxer.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    That trail of dead bodies seems to me like he's been pretty effective. I just don't know if he'll the window to make the changes his team sees that need to be made. But this also gives Tyson more time to improve.

We've all kind of known Wilder's style wouldn't work against everyone, I'm just glad we found out against 1 of the elites and not some scrub.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Ok.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.
    lol

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That seems a bit premature.

Wilder has looked nothing short of robotic. With the correct programmer he could be fucking deadly again rather quickly.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I don't think so.

He's 34, he's fought one singular way his entire successful, and therefore highly impressionable, career. He's also not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Could he against all reasonable odds up and change his complete muscle memory, particularly mid-fire fight, ... I suppose I can't say it's utterly impossible, but I'm not standing on that side of the wager.

His entire sense of worth, his sense of being, resonates in his saving grace punching power without actual boxing form. It's actually premature to say he likely can change.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so.

He's 34, he's fought one singular way his entire successful, and therefore highly impressionable, career. He's also not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Could he against all reasonable odds up and change his complete muscle memory, particularly mid-fire fight, ... I suppose I can't say it's utterly impossible, but I'm not standing on that side of the wager.

His entire sense of worth, his sense of being, resonates in his saving grace punching power without actual boxing form. It's actually premature to say he likely can change.
    Ok.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wilder isn’t going to change. He’d still beat almost anyone else in the world, possibly including Anthony Joshua.

He isn’t suddenly going to become a better boxer than Fury at this age. He’ll always have the power to knock Fury out 2 in 10 fights, but he’s never going to have the boxing fundamentals. When have we ever seen someone suddenly learn to box at that age? Foreman is the only one I can think of that changed his style so effectively at that age, but Foreman was a bloody good boxer, not just a big right hand like Wilder.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a solid card tonight. Hearn, as divisive as he is, sees the importance of the event as opposed to just the main event. 2 competitive title fights, Joseph Parker's return and Jesse Vargas vs. Mikey Garcia on top. The 2 title fights could be really good, as Gonzalez and Martinez are big punchers at the lighter weights facing crafty, unbeaten Brits.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chocolatito is back. Mikey desperately needs to move down in weight. He really wasnt reacting well at all to Vargas punches at the end.

Wilder Fury 3 is official. Wilder wants one last payday before retiring.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a great performance by Gonzalez. Never let Yafai off the hook then took him out in devastating fashion. Hopefully see him try and avenge or unify next, he's already got a HOF legacy though so maybe a couple of easier defences is the smarter play for an old man at the lower weights.

Yeah, Garcia's insistence to fight at welterweight is odd. Just for that 5 weight champ thing. I guess. Thing is, it's boxing, so you can easily imagine them making Spence or Crawford a "super" champion and Garcia beating a Lipinets or whomever for the "regular" title. This win will buy him a ranking, and a high one, with the governing bodies. Stupid though, as him vs. Taylor or Loma would be legit fights.

Wilder should go into Butterbean mode after losing that. King of the 4 rounders against a bum of the month. Do that and he'll eventually get the call to be a mandatory for a lame duck champ like Parker once the titles get stripped, and he can be world champion again. Always reasons to continue in boxing, politics make it farcical but open up opportunities.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That butterbean comparison is an amazing idea. Unfortunately it appears Wilder believes he is the guy in the costume 24 hours a day and will probably go out on his sword(he literally said that like 9 times. Not a smart guy).

I'm quietly rooting for Wilder to make adjustments and at least bring a competitive 3rd fight. I really detest Wilder but it would be a great scenario for boxing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The preferred narrative would be Fury climbing off the canvas to knock him out probably. A combination of the two fights. Everything seems so simple now, basically an 8 man tournament (Fury vs. Wilder, Whyte vs. ?, Joshua vs. Pulev, Usyk vs. Chisora) for the undisputed crown, so I'm fascinated to see how it gets cocked up. I wish boxing made sense. Could easily run another tournament (Parker, Ruiz, Ortiz, Povetkin, Hunter, Kownacki, Martin, Dubois/Joyce winner) concurrently to sort out a legit top contender too.

Legend
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They are fighting the third fight in July.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    July 18th. Mayweather saying he wants to help Wilder beat Fury.

I'm not a boxing guru but how impossible is it going to be to get to the winner of this fight v. Anthony Joshua? We've seen Fury v. Wilder twice, now we need to see AJ v. these 2 at least once. This is like if Tyson, Holyfield, and Lewis never fought or we only saw Tyson v. Holyfield.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not going to be impossible, but the alphabet soup makes it highly unlikely for it to be next. Dillian Whyte, who has been the WBC #1 contender for the better part of 2 years, is contractually obligated to get a title shot by February of next year. Considering unification fights historically take a while to make financially and require months of promotional muscle, I would say it's about 0.001% likely for them to get through Fury vs. Wilder 3 without delays, go into negotiations with Joshua, fight late October/early November then turn around to fight Chisora in February, all while satisfying the growing concerns within the WBA and WBO with their own mandatory challengers being passed on. Politically, for it to be a unification bout with all the titles, Joshua will have to defend against the WBO mandatory (Usyk) before the end of the year most likely or the WBO would move on to Usyk vs. Parker for the now vacant title.

The positive, on this side of the pond anyway, is that there's huge investment on everybody else involved. I understand the frustration from the American side, but over here Dillian Whyte is a PPV fighter, probably a top 5 draw in UK boxing, and him against the winner of Fury vs. Wilder would be a huge fight. Particularly if it's Fury, obviously. All British title fight. That itself would probably sell out Wembley Stadium. Whyte is fighting Povetkin in May apparently, which is a great fight as Povetkin is still a world level operator. On the other side of the bracket Hearn is building Usyk by matching him with Dereck Chisora, a top 10 draw in the UK, on a PPV card at the 02 in May. He'll be in position to fight Joshua in a big fight at Wembley or the Cardiff stadium at the end of the year. Joshua vs. Fury is absolutely the biggest fight that could be made in the sport, but the alternatives are appealing as there's some quality operators involved, Usyk in particular. He's a special boxer, former undisputed cruiserweight champion, undefeated, might be too small for heavyweight but Chisora will be a good enough test to see how he deals with a big puncher at the weight. Whyte is more of a brawler but he's got a set of stones and a lot of charisma, his WBC title challenge will be highly entertaining should he get past Povetkin.