Page 1 of 53 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Scottish Football Discussion Thread

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

***Official*** Scottish Football Discussion Thread

Just noticed we don't have one of these here yet.

Anyway, today it was announced that Irn Bru will be sponsoring the SFL leagues. Fantastic.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Predictions for this season:

SPL Winners: Celtic
    Relegated: Gretna
    Division 1 Winners: Dunfermline
    Division 1 Relegated: Stirling
    Div 1 Playoff Winners: Brechin
    Division 2 Winners: Ross County
    Division 2 Relegated: Peterhead
    Div 2 Playoff Winners: Berwick
    Div 3 Winners: East Fife

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck this bollocks. I cant take another year of this inane shit in the SPL. BORRRRRRRRRRING

SNOOZE FEST. Europe is where it is at, albeit for a short stay as usual.

Intercontinental Champion Curly Toe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by www.afc.co.uk
    In the final minute Galal felled substitute Chris Maguire with, what appeared to be a punch. The referee immediately sent him off with a straight red and as Barry Nicholson went over to Maguire to find out how he was the official bizarrely showed the Dons midfielder a straight red card and he too was sent off.
    There was me thinking Scottish referees were bad.....

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahahahahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Possibly the worst signing ever.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maloney might be coming back. That's the first signing to excite me since Brown. I love that wee man. Great little player. The rest we have signed are balls.

The Rosk
    Bollocks, you can't have him. O'Neill will make him a Premiership great.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm having him and then you will be defeated forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if I want him back to be honest and I don't know how truthful the sources are. Personally I think its just lazy journalism as he never made an immediate impact in his first season, I can't see Martin O'Neill letting him go this quickly.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck him, we don't need him.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do. Jan needs a partner up front. The rest are bollocks.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McDonald, Killen, Riordan, Miller are all good enough for the SPL. Possibly Zurawski too.

And it seems Celtic are going for Naismith too. It's fucking ridiculous how many strikers they have.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riordan or Naismith will be fine. Zurawski will pop with goals now and again as well.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melv View Post
    McDonald, Killen, Riordan, Miller are all good enough for the SPL. Possibly Zurawski too.

And it seems Celtic are going for Naismith too. It's fucking ridiculous how many strikers they have.
    They are all shit. Killen is balls, McDonald is crap, Miller is pathetic and Zurawski isn't the player he was. Riordan is decent.

We are trying to build on last year, especially the champs league success. Those fucking pathetic strikers wont bag us goals in europe. Maloney won player of the year in his last season as voted by his fellow pros. There isnt a hope in hell of any of those other dickheads we have up front (bar Jan) of getting that. Therefore, we need him at present time.

Naismith for 2m? Fuck that.

Help me, help you Christopherson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally like McDonald and it's obvious Ginger minge doesn't rate/fancy either of Riordan (which is a piss take) or Zurawski. Miller is more likely to be shoot this season than score 20 goals for Celtic and Killen is definitely unproven at this big a club

So yeah first post.

Rangers won 3-0, Bazza looked very good as did Huttondinho, McCullouch (really not happy about the signing of him), Thomspon and Cuellar. So good times.

Rangers being wankers are being reported because we have a element of support that won't be happy until we're docked points. Also I seem to be in the minority here but Rangers still don't look to have much craft or invention to them and all the signings with the exception of Cuellar just haven't filled me with much joy (although there is potential there). I, unlike smelly arse would like Naismith so therefor Celtic should just buy him like every other fucking player I want. So bad times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexander refused Fir Park access

Former Gretna manager Rowan Alexander has been refused entry to Fir Park after reporting fit for work.

Gretna kicked off their debut SPL season against Falkirk at Motherwell's Lanarkshire stadium, with Alexander's former assistant David Irons in charge.

Alexander's position at the club has been unclear since he took a leave of absence in March and Irons stepped in as caretaker coach.

Gretna have so far refused to comment on Alexander's future.

Irons was recently named permanent head coach by owner Brooks Mileson.

And, having been turned away, Alexander released a statement, saying: "Today, as the manager of Gretna FC, I attended Fir Park, Motherwell to do the job I am contracted to do.

"My representative, Kevin Drinkell, and my solicitor, Mr Leo Martin, have made numerous and repeated attempts to clarify and resolve my situation currently with Gretna FC, without success.

"As a friendly suggestion from Brooks Mileson, I took some time away from my role.

"Throughout, there has been nothing medically wrong with me. However, I have been requested by the club to stay away.

"Today, I am here to celebrate Gretna's achievements as the manager who has guided the club to a Scottish Cup Final, in to European competition, and through three divisions in to the SPL."
    Fantastic.

Can't wait to see these bastards relegated.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexander's a twat, but he has been treated like shit.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-0 to Falkirk.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible, terrible game.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told you our strikers are shit. I really fucking hate the SPL. Worst league in the world.

Why.. So.. SERIOUS?!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by St Christopher View Post
    I personally like McDonald and it's obvious Ginger minge doesn't rate/fancy either of Riordan (which is a piss take) or Zurawski. Miller is more likely to be shoot this season than score 20 goals for Celtic and Killen is definitely unproven at this big a club

So yeah first post.

Rangers won 3-0, Bazza looked very good as did Huttondinho, McCullouch (really not happy about the signing of him), Thomspon and Cuellar. So good times.

Rangers being wankers are being reported because we have a element of support that won't be happy until we're docked points. Also I seem to be in the minority here but Rangers still don't look to have much craft or invention to them and all the signings with the exception of Cuellar just haven't filled me with much joy (although there is potential there). I, unlike smelly arse would like Naismith so therefor Celtic should just buy him like every other fucking player I want. So bad times.
    It's 'cause, even though they're probably never entered a church they still want to be fuckwits and moan about the Catholics and how committed little Orange Proddys they are. I really hate our fans sometimes.

I agree with you about the signings. I don't agree with most of the signings whatsoever besides Cuellar and Whittaker, two very solid defenders. I know we haven't got a great budget but Murray said he'd be willing to spend ten million - I think Smith should have shown a helluva lot more ambition in signing players, but if at the end of the year it's Title 52 then everything's good.

And as far as Celtic goes, apparentily they were pretty shit today, but they've got a very talented midfield.. how did Brown and Donati do for Celtic today?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donati looked comfortable and Brown wasn't really in the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a no win situation. If Rangers are docked points it would be good as it might somewhat begin to bring an end to this ridiculous crowd trouble, but on the other hand it might just fuel the problem as Celtic are hardly innocent of these sectarian chants etc. But if both got docked points then it wouldn't really matter in the SPL anyway. It's a very hard situation.

Mcculloch is a nightmare signing, I was very excited about the signing of Beasley but the signing of Mcculloch looks as if it may keep Beasley out of the left wing. I think it's a farce we are willing to pay 2 million for Mcculloch rather than Naismith.

Mcculloch, and aswell the signing of Whittaker who appears to be groomed for the right side of midfield shows that we will be playing a very flat four four -two. It may help us win, but it will also be very boring. Smith has always been about that style but from his previous reign he really lacks the killer punch that he had back in the 9 in a row days. We had Mccoist and Hately or Laudrup and Gascoigne, something a bit more special. Nobody seems to have that in the rangers team at the moment.

That's why I wish we signed Brown, I still feel that Brown is going to be extremely special. The stories from Murray about Brown shattering the wage structure and destroying morale screams Ferguson to me. Barry Ferguson has too much power at that club, Brown is a better player with Ferguson and Ferguson has too much power to let a central midfielder as dynamic as Brown to come in. Thomson can be a nice foil to Ferguson but he doesn't threaten the "icon status" that Ferguson continues to try and preserve for himself. He should not be a captain.

I agree completely about Cuellar, every time I see him I get more and more impressed. He seems like he is the perfect player for Rangers: somebody with foreign experience who is just as at home in an SPL scrap.

I think Smith has built exactly what I feared he would , a very powerful SPL team that is very hard to beat , but doesn't have that special something to really go any further than that.

Why.. So.. SERIOUS?!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RRG View Post
    It's a no win situation. If Rangers are docked points it would be good as it might somewhat begin to bring an end to this ridiculous crowd trouble, but on the other hand it might just fuel the problem as Celtic are hardly innocent of these sectarian chants etc. But if both got docked points then it wouldn't really matter in the SPL anyway. It's a very hard situation.

Mcculloch is a nightmare signing, I was very excited about the signing of Beasley but the signing of Mcculloch looks as if it may keep Beasley out of the left wing. I think it's a farce we are willing to pay 2 million for Mcculloch rather than Naismith.

Mcculloch, and aswell the signing of Whittaker who appears to be groomed for the right side of midfield shows that we will be playing a very flat four four -two. It may help us win, but it will also be very boring. Smith has always been about that style but from his previous reign he really lacks the killer punch that he had back in the 9 in a row days. We had Mccoist and Hately or Laudrup and Gascoigne, something a bit more special. Nobody seems to have that in the rangers team at the moment.

That's why I wish we signed Brown, I still feel that Brown is going to be extremely special. The stories from Murray about Brown shattering the wage structure and destroying morale screams Ferguson to me. Barry Ferguson has too much power at that club, Brown is a better player with Ferguson and Ferguson has too much power to let a central midfielder as dynamic as Brown to come in. Thomson can be a nice foil to Ferguson but he doesn't threaten the "icon status" that Ferguson continues to try and preserve for himself. He should not be a captain.

I agree completely about Cuellar, every time I see him I get more and more impressed. He seems like he is the perfect player for Rangers: somebody with foreign experience who is just as at home in an SPL scrap.

I think Smith has built exactly what I feared he would , a very powerful SPL team that is very hard to beat , but doesn't have that special something to really go any further than that.
    I suppose it's what you've got to ask - do you want the SPL or success in Europe? Because with Smith it's pretty much one or the other - that 92/93 season was a one-off, not because the team wasn't talented enough, because it certainly was, but because Smith just doesn't play well in Europe, for whatever reason.

I don't know about the whole Ferguson thing, but I do wish we'd signed Brown. He's exactly what we're need. Still, apparentily we've still money to spend, so here's hoping Smith shows some ambition.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earlier today in the street some five-foot wide-o ned wearing a Celtic top took off his top, waved it around and challenged me for a fight for no reason like neds do. More scared of the sight of his unseemly gut than the threat of physical violence, I walked off in the other direction.

Bloody Celtic fans.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only assume that you deserved it.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assume makes an ass of u and me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've now come to the conclusion that Rangers only signed Beasley so we can tug on the heart strings when anybody criticises our fans.

"OH I KNOW WE WERE BEING COMPLETELY BIGOTED...BUT AT LEAST WE'RE NOT...RACISTS"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7-2, but although I love Whittaker I am so gutted that he is playing right midfield as it just means that Hutton and McCulloch will continue to be in the starting line up. I hate both of them.

On a more positive note, I think weve found out strike partnership in Cousin and Darcheville.

Oh, the story of Hemdani being sold and Gatusso signing for Rangers has arisen again. Why must the tabloid press constantly toy with our hearts. If Gattusso signs for Rangers before he is 35 I will be absolutely stunned.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-0! Hearts really are a sorry sight nowadays, but who cares really?

From what I've heard, Brown and Donati are forming a nice little partnership in the midfield. Sounds good. Although I'd be surprised if we hung on to Donati for more then 2 years. Which is gay.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celtic fans have been wonderful this season so far. A credit to their club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame then your a bigot. Infact that entire post is filled with secterian hatred.

Such a waste of a young and promising life.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey chaps, it's my bi-annual pop into this thread to find out opinions on a player that Southend are after. Despite Smell It?'s Derek Riordan-related teasing, it turns out that Steve Lovell of Aberdeen is the SPL striker that Southend are after to follow in the footsteps of Alan McCormack ( ), Stevie Hammell ( ) & Ritchie Foran ( ). Any good?

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's average. Doubt he'd be a big star for you.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red Star were fucking murder tonight, really lacking in any creativity whatsoever.

And what about their captain? Forget his name, stupid hairdo. Worst player on the park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As some of you may or may not know I was utterly devastated when Scott Brown choose the extra 10k a week (scandalous, although grudgingly understandable). So this drawn out Naismith signing was starting to send me over the edge. Thankfully as of 11:59pm he is now a Rangers player.

I fully expect the secterian bigots (ie Smelly Cat) to denounce this wonderful signing, I say blah to that folly and counter it by saying it's a wonderful signing....shame Walter won't play him much this season .

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watch the unwashed ones turn on him like they have with Boyd.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As some of you may or may not know I was utterly devastated when Scott Brown choose the extra 10k a week (scandalous, although grudgingly understandable). So this drawn out Naismith signing was starting to send me over the edge. Thankfully as of 11:59pm he is now a Rangers player.

I fully expect the secterian bigots (ie Smelly Cat) to denounce this wonderful signing, I say blah to that folly and counter it by saying it's a wonderful signing....shame Walter won't play him much this season .

He's bollocks.

PS: Fuck off Strachan. Killen and Scott McDonald up front against Milan. FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFF

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed to see Miller go, I think some people forget that he scored some of our most important goals last season. Can't believe we didn't get a better striker first.

Not surprised about Naismith. Much like Boyd, I wish we had signed him. Hope he isn't happy sitting on the bench and fucks off somewhere.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearts 4 Rangers 2?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH THE RANGERS ARE SHITE, OH THE RANGERS ARE SHITE, OH THE RANGERS ARE SHITE, OF THE RANGERS ARE SHITE! SO FUCKIN SHITE! OH THE RANGERS ARE SHITE etc.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IRREPLACEABLE Fulham Road Supporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging by this thread, this post is likely to not get a response, but...

October 6th, me and my dad got tickets for the Rangers vs Hibs game at Ibrox. (What with Chelsea being away to Bolton the next day it's easy to do both, can't fucking wait).

Need to prepare myself though, and find out what songs Rangers will sing so I can join in, other then the IRA stuff mainly, what songs do I need to know lads?

Where's Friday and DavidUK been, posters who I've actually heard of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey son I've been here when David and Friday where itches in they're daddies pants.

The answer you seek my boy is nothing. Thats right, no fucking songs are allowed at Ibrox anymore.

Guess who I'm doing a impression off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You used to be around, I didn't realise you still were after long periods of absence in the fantasy football.

I honestly don't know who that was an impression of , just point me in the right direction on songs I need to know please.

I hear they put the words to The Sash on the screens in some pubs, that might well come in handy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The impression was of Smell It? after laughing at us becuase of Hearts and there wonderous ability to hit deflected goals.

I thought it was pretty obvious .

Oh yes bigoted behaviour is still prevelaint in most pubs around Ibrox, you can sing Rule Britiania in the stadium, Barry Barry Barry, follow follow (the clean version) are another couple now. Needs to be Celtic, Euro night maybe Aberdeen to have a decent atmosphere in Ibrox now.

The patter in the pub should be good fun for you, especially you being a Chelsea boy (ICF, Headhammers all that bollocks from yesteryear).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first sentance sounded Smell It? Like, the rest I was clueless about.

I am in two minds, wear the Rangers shirt my dad got me from the friendly against Chelsea the other month, or wear my Chelsea shirt and the Rangers scarf he got me.

A lot of Rangers who come to our gaff wear their Rangers shirts and everyone loves it, and it's good that they make themselves known. Might well just wear my Chelsea shirt

Is follow follow:
    hallo hallo how do you do
    we are the boys in royal blue
    were ever we go we fear no foe
    we'll keep the blue flag flying high
    follow follow we will rangers anywhere
    everywhere we wil follow on
    follow follow we will rangers
    if we go to europe we will follow on

Do you actually ever sing (as taken again from Footballchants.org)
    BLUE IS THE COLOUR
    FOOTBALL IS THE GAME
    WE WILL FOLLOW RANGERS
    TO ROME AND BACK AGAIN
    AND WHEN WE MEET THE FEINIANS
    WELL FIGHT UNTILL WE DIE
    WEARE RANGERS
    NO SURRENDER
    LISTEN TO OUR CRY
    Last edited by Fulham Road Supporter; September 18th, 2007 at 9:50 PM.

breakneck speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello, Hello,
    We are the Rangers boys.
    Hello, Hello,
    You'll know us boy our noise...

Follow, follow,
    We will follow Rangers,
    Everywhere, anywhere, we will follow on
    Dundee, Hamilton, Aberdeen and back again...etc.

is the one I know.

Would you like to try a cheeseburger Bobby Sands is quite good too

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow (Ice Cold) 3000 View Post
    Hello, Hello,
    We are the Rangers boys.
    Hello, Hello,
    You'll know us boy our noise...
    You'd get chucked out of Ibrox for singing those words mate.

breakneck speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha yeah probably, it's the only one I've got a decent quality file of though

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a great weekend I had.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody hell, without the old songs Ibrox is dead. Barely anything was sung (Not that they had anything to sing about on the pitch mind). Was a bad performance and we barely looked like doing anything when attacking. Hutton was about the only really decent player, Charlie Adam tried hard but was shit, Kris Boyd didn't even look interested really.

Went down The Argyle for a drink after the match, loving the Chelsea flag outside it . Never knew just how good a bond there was between our fans. Annie Miller's is quality too, people kept buying us drinks coz we were Chelsea and one of them gave my dad a half and half scarf.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WE? FUCKING WE? WE? SHUT YOUR MOUTH

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the way up here to watch the huns play shit and get beat at home off Hibs.

You never knew how good a bond you had? You're both loyalist scum that no-one else likes, surely you knew that.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Linfield are wankers as well.

GLENS all the way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't mind getting up to Linfield sometime, watch one of their matches.

Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    All the way up here to watch the huns play shit and get beat at home off Hibs.

You never knew how good a bond you had? You're both loyalist scum that no-one else likes, surely you knew that.
    Result aside it was still worth it, I was going to Bolton the next day for the Chelsea match, so I was up north anyway.

I knew we had a good bond, but not that all Rangers fans we met would be so friendly just because we were Chelsea. I like seeing Rangers fans down at The Bridge, but I don't just approach and talk to them just because they've come down to our gaff, let alone buy them drinks and give them a scarf.

I'm personally not loyalist scum though, I like Rangers because of our connection, I find religion to be laughable and honestly don't give a shit about the Proddy Vs Catholic stuff, they're all wasting their time.

Anyway, regardless of that performance, I still think WE will win the SPL.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get a grip

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it's the big one tomorrow lads, and the pressure is firmly on the huns. There are injuries all over the place, but I think this is going to be a typical Auld Firm classic. However, I smell a draw.

2-2 Donati to score first.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    0-0 borefest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit nervous about today, though I guess every old firm game I am both nervous and excited. Think we will go with McDonald up front on his own, talks about Jarosik playing this one and hopefully Brown is back!

Hopefully we can sneak this by a goal

Rangers 1 - 2 Celtic

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celtic are pretty dire here.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    ASGHg,sdalsmmkdl las Celtic

Andy
    ahahahhahghahahhahashhgsgnvn bnfogp0-34-

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celtic are woeful.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ringo, why the fuck do you care? Are you another piece of Rangers/Chelsea loyalist filth, or even sadder, a wannabe?

STILL TOP LADS!!
    Last edited by wardy; October 21st, 2007 at 9:46 AM.

Andy
    Dunfermline got beaten 5-0 at home by Hamilton yesterday.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible. Kenny gonna get the sack?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ringo, why the fuck do you care? Are you another piece of Rangers/Chelsea loyalist filth, or even sadder, a wannabe?

STILL TOP LADS!!
    Bloody hell. It's not about being a fucking loyalist with all Chelsea fans, alot of our fans look out for Rangers results, they look out for ours. They are the Scottish team alot of us like because of the connections between the clubs, and want to see them do well.

When Chelsea went to Ibrox this season there was a friendly atmosphere that strengthened relations, when you lot came to our gaff last year you tried to start fights at Euston Station, then got off at Fulham Broadway at about 2pm trying to cause trouble on the streets despite everyone being at work, (theres videos online your fans uploaded of you lot walking round acting like cunts and singing your pro IRA shit).

We don't like Celtic for reasons, also singing pro IRA songs is never going to go down well with Londoners, hence Rangers also have half and half scarves for Arsenal, West Ham, possibly Spurs and another one or two London clubs.

Fucking get in Rangers, great preparation for tomorrow.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got half n half scarves with every fucking team out there apart from Rangers. It means nothing.

If it's not a loyalist connection your teams have, then what is it? An ugly, unwashed, everybody hates us and we don't care connection? Cause that's the only other similarity I can see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, probably only Milwall can have that claim about everybody hating them. Us and Rangers have no fewer people hating them then any other team.

Honestly, it is a Loyalist connection to some, just not me, alot of older London fans obviously hate the IRA. There's still Bobby Sands songs sung sometimes round Stamford Bridge as with 'when I was young'.

But thats doesn't mean thats why we ALL like Rangers, it probably is how the bond started, but alot of people don't care about it, alot of youngsters sing it without really understanding it, and I don't really understand it much either and for that reason I don't sing it, but I still like Rangers as a football team, nothing to do with the loyalisty bond, even though that is probably how the whole thing started.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Us and Rangers have no fewer people hating them then any other team.
    That's bollocks. In Scotland at least, the Old Firm are hated by the majority of the country. And Chelsea have replaced Man Utd as the most hated team in England, especially now Mourinho's gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where are all the actual Rangers fans? DavidUK etc? They have just soundly beaten us in an Old Firm game yet not one of them has posted anything! Are they having trouble finding this thread since the sub-forum has been made?

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread's been long dead mate. Scottish football is dead here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye fair enough, I guess its off to the Celtic forums to read about how Strachen should be sacked, half our players shot or sold and everyone is the press is out to get us!

*sighs*

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulham Road Supporter View Post
    Us and Rangers have no fewer people hating them then any other team.

That has to be the most incorrect post I have ever seen.

In fact, and you probably (don't) know this: Aberdeen, the third biggest club in the country, hate Rangers almost as much as we do.

Maybe if, I don't know, you were an actual Rangers fan; you'd realise that the rest of Scotland hates you. Most huns are proud of the fact, and here's you denying it. That is not going to go down well at the next UVF meeting you attend. Let me tell you!

And I won't even start about Chelsea, you know as much as I do how much you're hated. Just ask around these boards.

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Smell It? View Post
    Terrible. Kenny gonna get the sack?
    Doubt it. The club's in a state. All the players still on SPL wages and loads of them are fucking old and on their last year of their contract and couldn't give a fuck. Horrible mess.

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In fact, and you probably (don't) know this: Aberdeen, the third biggest club in the country, hate Rangers almost as much as we do.

Maybe if, I don't know, you were an actual Rangers fan; you'd realise that the rest of Scotland hates you. Most huns are proud of the fact, and here's you denying it. That is not going to go down well at the next UVF meeting you attend. Let me tell you!

And I won't even start about Chelsea, you know as much as I do how much you're hated. Just ask around these boards.
    Dunno if he just phrased it wrong, but what EDF actually said was 'we've got no less people hating us than any other team'; i.e. we're hated as much as anyone. However, I'm sure he just fucked up and meant it the other way round.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's not what he meant. He was trying to say that Rangers and Chelsea are hated just as much as everyone else when they're not. They are 2 of the most hated clubs in their respective leagues.

Why.. So.. SERIOUS?!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celtic are hated as much as Rangers are in Scotland, envy leads to hatred - Everyone hates the Old-Firm, purely because we're better than everyone else, we always have been generally, and we always will be. Disregarding the Aberdeen fans that seem to revel in hating us, (not that we're saints or anything), Rangers aren't hated anymore than Celtic are. Rangers fans who like to think that are morons. (In fact, most Old-Firms seem to be completely void of intelligent thought whatsoever.)
    Last edited by RomulusWolfe; October 23rd, 2007 at 2:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The hated thing was badly phrased, I meant for teams on their sort of level, so for Chelsea the likes of United and Liverpool, and for Rangers probably just Celtic. But I don't think either team stands out as being the most hated team in their country without their being others right up there.

And people on the boards might not like Chelsea now but when was this ever true before Roman came? The bond with Rangers has been going on decades when maybe people didn't like the headhunters etc but back then we were still probably hated no more then others, so the bond wouldn't be based on that. And do these fans really hate us or do they just enjoy seeing us lose because we spend alot of money?

Most fans love to think everyone hates them, no one really enjoys being liked by others and it's a good thing to say about yourself 'Oh no one likes us it's great, we're different and proud of it', it's a stupid term that fans will band about as they think it makes them sound good, and as much as I would love for everyone to hate Chelsea, barely anyone does, and barely anyone cared five years ago. Our biggest rivals are Spurs and West Ham, and they hate Arsenal and Milwall respectively more then they hate us. I think Liverpool and United will always be the most supported clubs in England, but also the most hated clubs in England, and that we are nowhere close to either of those.

As for UVF stuff, I don't even know what UVF stands for and I cannot be fucked to look it up, when it comes to football I do not care about the UVF or IRA shit, I do not care about Proddy's and Catholics, when it comes to football none of that interests me in the very slightest, when I have time I will look into it alot more but not for footballing reasons. Religion and football are seperate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Melv View Post
    That's bollocks. In Scotland at least, the Old Firm are hated by the majority of the country. And Chelsea have replaced Man Utd as the most hated team in England, especially now Mourinho's gone.
    No, we haven't, not that in this arguement it matters with relation to what I said as I am talking about from when our Blues Brothers bond started and that the 'Everyone hates us' wasn't true back then. But United will always be passionately hated by more fans, people want to see us lose and people don't like us at the moment, but United and Liverpool will definitely definitely always be more passionately and genuinely hated then Chelsea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking class result for the Rangers tonight

Shame they'll get utterly murdered in Spain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McGregor was given shit all to do in goal. Messi, Henry and Gudjohnsen were doing nothing all game, Goofy fucked up two good free kicks, was unlucky with the one that hit the bar, and a handball shout but other then that he was barely up to much either.

Was embarrassing to see mighty Barca knocking it about and playing for a draw at the end. Also a really clutching at straws penalty shout at the end of the match from them too.

I hope that people that watched United and Arsenal instead don't just look at possession and shots at goal when deciding who was the better team today, because it is hugely misleading. Neither side deserved to win, a draw was a fair result. Barca just couldn't break the defence down and get any clear cut oppertunities.

If Deco and Eto'o are out, and Gudjohnsen starts then they won't get utterly murdered. Should get through the group now though, should get a result against Lyon or Stuttgart.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Rangers will beat Lyon at home, so a point away to Stuttgart will probably be enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want to say that if Rangers can beat Lyon 3-0 in France, and Lyon beat Stuttgart 2-0 in Germany that Rangers should do well because it's a stupid statement to make, but they must be brimming with confidence right now.

I reckon they will do Lyon at home too, but it's gunna be a fucking tough match, Lyon know they pretty much HAVE to win at Ibrox, if they beat Stuttgart then Stuttgart only have a small chance of the UEFA cup to play for, so Rangers have them for the taking. I hope it doesn't come down to that last Lyon match.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rangers won't lose to Lyon at home. Point at worst. Stuttgart away will be a tough one though. Can't expect them to take anything at the Nou Camp either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When it comes to that game, Lyon know what they need to do. Rangers could have easily drawn with Stuttgart at home, altohugh I don't think it will happen I still wouldn't write off Lyon beating them at Ibrox.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A draw against Lyon will probably be enough, unless Lyon beat Barcelona. We are through. There is no way that we are going to fuck it up now.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulham Road Supporter View Post
    I don't even know what UVF stands for
    Of course you do, it's the first thing they ask you on the application form.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good game between Benfica and the Celts tonight, lovely open play.

Ultimately Benfica deserved it, though Boruc had a great game.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some strange reason, Celtic were intent on playing long balls rather than trying to hold onto the ball in the last 15 minutes and taking the point.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done to Rangers the other night, they were very well organised and defended brilliantly. If only we could've managed to be half as good last night.

Benfica were all over us and they deserved to win. Caldwell needs to get to fuck, as does Sno, I mean who the fuck is this Sno character anyway? Jesus Christ, he is not a footballer. You could almost hear the Celtic fans groan as he came on. McDonald should've started, Killen was useless; John Kennedy was attacking better than him for fucksake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never a fucking 3-0!!!

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck, how in the hell did Hamilton get so good?

Surely they can't keep up this run forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely Stephen Kenny won't survive now.

Andy
    I dunno...

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Rangers.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    United are really becoming a bogey team for them.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair to United, they have been terrific at tannadice this year.

I would honestly love to see some sort of challenge from them or Hibs, its just bloody frustrating that Hibs can beat us and rangers, then play like sunday league cunts against St. Mirren.