User Tag List

Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 3,000 of 5233

Thread: ***Official*** Scottish Football Discussion Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of the fact that it had no bearing on the outcome of the game, and that Rangers actually looked poorer after it, I didn't think that Jonsson should have been sent off. He's inches from playing the ball and Jelavic turns his back on him, there's nothing he can do from there.

It's Rangers' to throw away now, but I think if McCoist/Smith keep playing Lafferty up top, they'll do it easily. He's a big bastard handful, and he's going to get lucky with one of his dives before the season is out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regardless of the fact that it had no bearing on the outcome of the game, and that Rangers actually looked poorer after it, I didn't think that Jonsson should have been sent off. He's inches from playing the ball and Jelavic turns his back on him, there's nothing he can do from there.

It's Rangers' to throw away now, but I think if McCoist/Smith keep playing Lafferty up top, they'll do it easily. He's a big bastard handful, and he's going to get lucky with one of his dives before the season is out

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never liked Rangers, but I do want them to win the league now because of the antics of Neil Lennon.

What a tosser that man is.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What antics?

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That, probably.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After all the tension building up to that Old Firm game; a match in which the Government and police had to have a say in, the police protecting Lennon, his mail getting checked etc, him acting like that helped nobody.

Everybody knew that the Old Firm were over stepping the mark recently - both players and fans. The least we should expect is the managers to keep their cool and lead from the front.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The majority of the tension was because someone tried to murder him, something you failed to mentioned there. He has every right to respond like that to fans giving him abuse and publically to people small-minded enough to send him explosives in the mail. This is the same guy who received death threats (personally, and to his family, at his family home) for having the nerve be from a Loyalist town, play for Celtic and play for and captain Northern Ireland back when the 'fans' held Loyalist flags up and chanted horrible fascist nonsense.

I think Rangers fans will get over that gesture, what do you think? Why should Neil Lennon take so much abuse from them? Trying to deny it's sectarian would be massively disingenuous given what has gone on throughout his career at Celtic.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidUK View Post
    After all the tension building up to that Old Firm game; a match in which the Government and police had to have a say in, the police protecting Lennon, his mail getting checked etc, him acting like that helped nobody.

Everybody knew that the Old Firm were over stepping the mark recently - both players and fans. The least we should expect is the managers to keep their cool and lead from the front.
    They were singing 'What's it like to live in fear' at him. If you wanna dish it out you have to take it back.

Plus I am pretty sure NatureBoy supports Arsenal. Before he talks about the antics of Lennon V McCoist see Pardew-Wenger and as for kicking waterbottles see Wenger Vs United.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Capitano Gatisto View Post
    The majority of the tension was because someone tried to murder him, something you failed to mentioned there. He has every right to respond like that to fans giving him abuse and publically to people small-minded enough to send him explosives in the mail. This is the same guy who received death threats (personally, and to his family, at his family home) for having the nerve be from a Loyalist town, play for Celtic and play for and captain Northern Ireland back when the 'fans' held Loyalist flags up and chanted horrible fascist nonsense.

I think Rangers fans will get over that gesture, what do you think? Why should Neil Lennon take so much abuse from them? Trying to deny it's sectarian would be massively disingenuous given what has gone on throughout his career at Celtic.
    It is catch 22 though isnt it.

If he didnt act like such a massive bellend then he probably wouldnt get bullets through the post.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidUK View Post
    Funnily enough pal, yes - there was actually an organised 'Union Flag day' by the Rangers fans when we played Hearts at their patch a few years I go. So, what where we doing there? Provoking the Hearts fans?

Have a look at this:

That was against Inter Milan. Of Italy. Does that answer your 'would they be waving those British flags if there weren't Irish people in the stadium to mock and bully' question?

Wrong again. We do not fly the Union Jack as opposed to the Scotland flag, we fly it aswell as the Scotland flag.

See?

You're basically arguing that one club can fly the flag of the country of their origins but the other can't. Either both sets of fans are being provocative or neither are, it can not be any other way. You will see Union Jacks and Saltires at any Rangers match not just when we play Celtic.

Anyway, the football - not surprised in the slightest at the score yesterday. I've been thinking for a while that Celtic wouldn't have the bottle for this run in. There is nobody I would want in charge more than Walter Smith at this point - Lennon played at a team of bottle merchants when the chips were down (the previous run ins, last day deciders etc.) and I fully expected him to be the same as a manager.

He winds people up all day, provokes our fans in an Old Firm match that was under the spotlight in more ways than one (THAT sort of behaviour, the ear cupping, is a better example of provocation) and loves the attention on him but he will be proven as nothing other than a motivational, get-it-right-up-them leader, he is clueless and tactless. With the players at his disposal he should have sailed through this league season and won the title no problem.
    This is an excellent posts that reponds to all of JoJo's points.

I wonder if you will get a reply

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DavidUK never replied to me. Probably too busy wanking off his superiors down at the Masonic.

Andy
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post

If he didnt act like such a massive bellend then he probably wouldnt get bullets through the post.
    That's not true. Kicking water bottles and cupping his ears isn't why he receives bullets in the post etc.

Both sides are pathetic, can't wait to take them apart at East End Park next season.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well he wasn't the so called massive bellend he is meant to be now yet he still got a death threat years ago for daring to be a Catholic playing for Celtic whilst playing for his country. These people are scum who try and paint Lennon as the bad guy to try and get people to tolerate their behaviour. Lennon does no more than say Robbie Savage did for years or even Diouf now. Pantomime villain. Don't see them getting bombs in the post or death threats. Lennons crime is his religion and the fact he wanted an all ireland soccer team. Big deal!

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Gary Kenneth is a fucking useless tosspot and Lafferty's big toenail was offside

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an excellent posts that reponds to all of JoJo's points.

I wonder if you will get a reply
    JoJo negged repped me for this post yet has failed to actually answer it. Hmm.

'It' being DavidUK's post that answered every single one of his points.
    Last edited by Red Dog; May 10th, 2011 at 3:23 PM.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smell It? View Post
    Well he wasn't the so called massive bellend he is meant to be now yet he still got a death threat years ago for daring to be a Catholic playing for Celtic whilst playing for his country. These people are scum who try and paint Lennon as the bad guy to try and get people to tolerate their behaviour. Lennon does no more than say Robbie Savage did for years or even Diouf now. Pantomime villain. Don't see them getting bombs in the post or death threats. Lennons crime is his religion and the fact he wanted an all ireland soccer team. Big deal!
    In all seriousness of course the people who send bullets are scum.

And yes you are right about Lennon being about the same level as Savage etc.

However, Robbie Savage knows that if he waves a Derby scarf in front of Forest fans he is going to get abuse but not bullets. Lennon knows the intesnity of the rivalry and should know his audience and tread carefully. You should only push things are far as you can get away with. I hope that makes sense.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    yes, surrender to the hatemongerers and terrorists, makes perfect sense

David Cox 1987-2007
    optimistic about his future at Rajah Palace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

However, Robbie Savage knows that if he waves a Derby scarf in front of Forest fans he is going to get abuse but not bullets. Lennon knows the intesnity of the rivalry and should know his audience and tread carefully. You should only push things are far as you can get away with. I hope that makes sense.
    Are you fucking shitting me?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that is what I said.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJo the rabid monkey View Post
    Are you fucking shitting me?
    Answer DavidUK's post you tramp or you wil go no further reply from me.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Yeah that is what I said.

k just checking.

Rangers are arse-dicking the shit out of these Arab cunts right now.

David Cox 1987-2007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replied to him via pos-rep as I don't want anymore of my foreign academic troubles talk angrying simple people up.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Answer DavidUK's post you tramp or you wil go no further reply from me.
    If only it was as simple as that to get you to stop talking.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Replied to him by pos rep

Reply on the board you cretin

David Cox 1987-2007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why should I? Because otherwise Red Dog the guy who thinks Neil Lennon deserves death threats for cupping his ears like hulk hogan will think less of me? Heaven forbid.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because it is a message board you dullard and that is what happens. It would be a bit shit if we all sat private messaging each other.

Obviously I can see why you chose this route because you were proved to be completely and utterely wrong and you are trying to save face on forums.rajah. com, but come on, its a bit pathetic.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    lennon is a victim but is also a massive cock.

looking a bit shakey at the end of that first half.

David Cox 1987-2007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's pathetic is you throwing a temper tantrum over how I conduct myself on here. I didn't want to revive an argument that the thread had passed by, something you apparently have absolutely no problem with.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thread has passed it by?

Er, ok

I have no idea why you involved yourself in it in the first place. I dont know a massive amount about Scottish football but I know Neil Lennon at least. Which is considerably more than you do!

David Cox 1987-2007
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure I explained my interest as the argument was happening, if you want to continue being a small-minded cunt do it at someone else because I wash my hands of this.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    STOP MESSAGING ME AND ASKING ME QUESTIONS THEN YOU LOON

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I hate to herald a third Rangers goal, but Utd don't look completely out of this

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    in fairness to Pernis....

that's it, I just wanted to say that

Help me, help you Christopherson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Walter.

I'm sure you'll get this message as rumours have it you're a big admirer of the forums here at Rajah.com.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    without a hint of sarcasm or angst or bitterness, I say, truly - a great manager and a great man and a great servant of the game. I hope he stays in football. God Bless ye Walt

It's all yours to throw away now Christopherson - I only hope Celtic can keep it moderately interesting by winning at Tynecastle tomorrow night, give everyone a good fun last day of the season at least. The title's Rangers', undoubtedly, but you have to keep hoping.

All in all, Rangers fight and determination and spirit coupled with Celtic's resurgence following Mowbray's departure to bring a bit of flair back to Parkhead has made for a pretty good Old Firm this season. Well done all

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So only seen mini-highlights of the past few games. Is Lafferty playing any better? Is he playing up top with Jelavic with Naismith and Wylde playing on wings or is Wydle playing in a central 3?

Andy
    Oh god. If that effects where the title goes we'll never hear the end of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    So only seen mini-highlights of the past few games. Is Lafferty playing any better? Is he playing up top with Jelavic with Naismith and Wylde playing on wings or is Wydle playing in a central 3?
    He's playing up top (mostly) with Naisy behind him. Wylde is diligently playing out wide and Jelly is tha best playa eva...... and, well, yes, the big lanky fucker is playing well . Still diving about a bit much (which actually hurts us when they're legitimate penalties because he never gets them). Overall though he's definitely stepped up his play and has been rather impressive.
    Last edited by Christopherson; May 11th, 2011 at 3:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Oh god. If that effects where the title goes we'll never hear the end of it.

Definitely one for the masons club....no wait what? Hey wait a minute this is in favour of Celtic....well that can't be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
    without a hint of sarcasm or angst or bitterness, I say, truly - a great manager and a great man and a great servant of the game. I hope he stays in football. God Bless ye Walt

It's all yours to throw away now Christopherson - I only hope Celtic can keep it moderately interesting by winning at Tynecastle tomorrow night, give everyone a good fun last day of the season at least. The title's Rangers', undoubtedly, but you have to keep hoping.

All in all, Rangers fight and determination and spirit coupled with Celtic's resurgence following Mowbray's departure to bring a bit of flair back to Parkhead has made for a pretty good Old Firm this season. Well done all

No comment.

Okay one comment, Sunday.

Andy
    Fucking hell, what the fuck is wrong with some people? Disgraceful behaviour.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Yeh, in footballing terms I hate neil lennon but that's where it ends! I just fail to understand some people!

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Fucking hell commons you muppet!

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Hearts fans: being even bigger cunts than even the cuntiest of Huns since the dawn of time. Fact. Scumbags, 90% of them.

Simon
    Any video of the punch? I wanna see it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couldn't of happened to a better man.

Hell is for Heroes Second City Saint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here you go Simon. Not great but it'll do.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC9NZHHGW2Y"]YouTube - Neil Lennon Attacked by Hearts Fan[/ame]

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEVLJNk5wy0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEVLJNk5wy0[/ame]

Not sure if he even connected. I reckon they should drop any charges though cause he brings it upon himself lads.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    agreed. While we're at it just go ahead and open a bunch of prisons and wave a giant white flag to every terrorist in the world

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Loving Fanny and wardy going mental.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    loving reporting all of your disgusting sectarian posts

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennedy View Post
    Loving Fanny and wardy going mental.
    When did I go mental?

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    right before me apparently

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
    loving reporting all of your disgusting sectarian posts
    Great. Keep it up.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    just going through the rest of the thread, up to about 47 so far. You're an animal Benny

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know what's wrong with me mate. I think I need help.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    just give it a rest

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll try my best.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving on from this gay little exchange, Commons is an idiot. That's us lost our best player for Sunday through stupidity on his part. We should still beat Motherwell though and pray that a miracle happens at Rugby Park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is bullshit, it's football, fucking football our name is being dragged through the mud here. Aye Scotland has had it's problems but by and large people abroad have always reacted positively with me when mentioning Scotland and now it's look *insert spanish accent* "oh Scotland, where managers get attacked ah cee cee no good amigo."

AlphaBrennino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is getting ridiculous. These people won't be happy until Lennon is dead. Him and McCoist next season spells the end of the Old Firm. All games to be played behind closed doors.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watching Commons and Hooper like that makes me so angry. THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE US

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopherson View Post
    He's playing up top (mostly) with Naisy behind him. Wylde is diligently playing out wide and Jelly is tha best playa eva...... and, well, yes, the big lanky fucker is playing well . Still diving about a bit much (which actually hurts us when they're legitimate penalties because he never gets them). Overall though he's definitely stepped up his play and has been rather impressive.
    Not even going to gloat mate. As firstly it's only been a few games and secondly I know he hasnt shown a great deal before this for Rangers. McCoist needs to get him on heading training all summer long. His hold up play is great, his touch is good, his shooting on the ground is improving but his heading is awful woeful but again a large part of that is due to mismanagement throughout his career.
    Still very young and it's probably a case of attitude if he doesn't really kick on from here.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennedy View Post
    Couldn't of happened to a better man.
    Twat

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh come on. I fucking hate Neil Lennon and it was a throw away comment. I'm not fighting the corner of the fan who attacked him.

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lennon has brought a lot of it on himself.

Horrible human being

Streetwalker
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah bin Laden didn't deserve to die either.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha JIJ is comparing Neil Lennon to Osama Bin Laden. Brilliant.

AlphaBrennino
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bin Laden and Lennon on a par... unbelieveable.

"Brings a lot of it on himself".

Two ridiculous posts.

How exactly does Neil Lennon bring a lot of death threats and physical assault on himself?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's taking the piss, don't rise to it.

Good to see they've made arrests for the bombs. Kilwinning is a big hun town and houses the mother lodge of Scotland. Not surprised one of them came from there. Saltcoats is more mixed but still has its fair share of orange dickheads, much like the rest of Ayrshire. I know who the guy from Saltcoats who was arrested is. He used to coach a football team I played for briefly, and although the family are all Rangers diehards, I never had him down as a terrorist.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennino View Post
    How exactly does Neil Lennon bring a lot of death threats and physical assault on himself?
    Because of the way he conducts himself makes people hate him.

I would have thought that was obvious.

I don't recall Martin O'Neil getting any bullets in the post and as far as I know he was a Northern Irish manager of Celtic.

Why didn't he get bullets and Lennon did?

Hmmm.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You conduct yourself like a cock, is it fair game for me to send you bombs and bullets through the post?

(Note, this is not a threat)

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lennon has been vocal about wanting a united Ireland in the past. O'Neill has not. I'd go into more detail if I wasn't on my phone but the argument that he brings death threats and bombs upon himself is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure O'Neill has mentioned an all-ireland football team himself hasn't he? Like even when he was playing?

Didn't the post bombs come from Scotland as well? I know they were discovered in Belfast but that is the lost post centre for Scotland as well so that's a little misleading.

*This is in no way to indicate he brings it upon himself but more confusion about how comments on a United Ireland would have brought the bombs also did the other two who got them make comments about a united ireland? I would have thought the ire may have gone from the poppy stuff orignally weren't all 3 involved in that?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    You conduct yourself like a cock, is it fair game for me to send you bombs and bullets through the post?

(Note, this is not a threat)
    If I thought there were people on here that I could offend that would lead to me receiving bullets through the post then I probably wouldnt go out my way to offend them.

Unbelievably poor analogy.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here wise up.

Neil Lennon might be a dickhead (and I think he is) but the reason he's getting this is because he's the 'nationalist figurehead' of the 'nationalist club'. I know Celtic fans who hate Lennon as well, genuinely, and I do think there is something unlikeable about him. Does that excuse what's happened to him no? The people who have made threats have done it not because he's a dick but because of his beliefs. The threats he got for playing for Northern Ireland were disgusting but it's misleading to think it was a popular thing or a concensus of fans, there was a lot of support of Neil when that came out but due to who he played for and him being a catholic a large % of the dickheads who affiliate themselves with the NI team when it suits him had it in for him.

I believe Kyle Lafferty has gotten threats on his life for playing for Rangers as did Gazza.

Another point worth making the dick who sent the parcels also targetted Nial McGinn and Pat McCourt. Two players who are VERY popular with the NI fans, who are not dicks who do not get booed all round the country, who don't whinge and don't wind up fans. The reason? Catholic NI Players.

Whilst I think it's unfair to blame Rangers for the Lennon threats they do need to instigate a less hostile environment to Neil Lennon at their club.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are loyalists in Scotland as well though and it appears that it was them who sent the bombs.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why involve the the woman and the gopher looking fellow as well though

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    couple of important games on Sunday, shall we talk about footy for a wee bit?

I can't see Rangers throwing this away now. If the roles were reversed, I could easily see Celtic dropping points to Killie away on the last game of the season, because I'm a Celtic supporter, and that's the sort of romantic thing they do to you, and you still love them.

Rangers just look too determined and, yes, strong right now. My head says they'll win about 3 or 4 nil. I'm already utterly gutted and Celtic only have themselves to blame.

Over to Parkhead, and the sort of atmosphere there, the teamsheets and the form says that Celtic will marmalise Motherwell. I don't buy that 'Well will be saving players for the Cup Final - they'll get murdered if they do (both on the pitch AND afterwards, should the unthinkable happen at Rugby Park).

I'm hoping and praying for a draw in the Kilmarnock game, but it hardly seems physically possible. My ideal scenario would be for us to have it in the bag at Parkhead and for Rangers to be winning 1-0 only to concede a goal in the last minute of injury time. Bloody hell I think my testicles would explode.

Looking forward to Sunday all the same, but the Rangers first team will all have to have a pretty bad day at the office if they're to do anything but win comfortably.

I've heard a few rumblings in the media suggesting that Smith's post-match could be very 'interesting' on Sunday and that the gloves will be off for him to 'get a lot of things off his chest'. I'd say that'd be quite inadvisable for Saint Walter, although the mask has slipped slightly on a couple of occasions this season already.

Score predictions for Sunday?

Fanny -
    Kilmarnock 0 - 3 Rangers
    Celtic 3 - 0 Motherwell
    Last edited by Fanny; May 13th, 2011 at 7:38 PM.

Andy
    Rangers 2-0
    Celtic 3-1

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    where you watching it mate?

Andy
    Probably at home, if I watch it. Don't have too much interest to be honest.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Dalgety Bay-home? You might be able to hear me screaming at the telly from there

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I will say I'm pretty gutted that Commons was such a tool as to get himself suspended. I don't think it'll see the squad stretched or liable to dropping points, necessarily, but I just love watching him play and knowing that that beautiful foot of his may at any moment unleash 30 yard holy hell through the back of the net

Andy
    Nah Edinburgh. What about you?

By the way, is Kirkcaldy generally a big Rangers town? I never really considered it to be either but I drove through last summer and there was a fucking orange march on.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Nah Edinburgh. What about you?

By the way, is Kirkcaldy generally a big Rangers town? I never really considered it to be either but I drove through last summer and there was a fucking orange march on.

I'll be in Kirkcaldy aye.

I thought it was generally a big Rangers town before I moved there and for the first wee while I lived there, but from seeing folk about town and just based on the people I know, I'd say there's a mix. It has the feel of a bit of a Rangers town though, I can't put my finger on it. Possibly all the cross-eyed yokels.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because of the way he conducts himself makes people hate him.

I would have thought that was obvious.

I don't recall Martin O'Neil getting any bullets in the post and as far as I know he was a Northern Irish manager of Celtic.

Why didn't he get bullets and Lennon did?

Hmmm.
    Yeah the way he conduts himself ensures he gets bullets in the post. Do you think thats justified? Mourinho ran onto the pitch when Inter beat Barca last year. Bullets? No! What way does Lennon conduct himself? Let me know what he has done to deserve what has happened to him. His only crime is his religion. Martin O Neill has walked onto the pitch at Ibrox and saluted fans. Martin O Neill has bounced up and down the touchline. No bullets. Has Lennon done any worse? What has he done?

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bigots will always post. It's a disgrace BUT....

There's the template. Whack away.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the way he conduts himself ensures he gets bullets in the post. Do you think thats justified? Mourinho ran onto the pitch when Inter beat Barca last year. Bullets? No! What way does Lennon conduct himself? Let me know what he has done to deserve what has happened to him. His only crime is his religion. Martin O Neill has walked onto the pitch at Ibrox and saluted fans. Martin O Neill has bounced up and down the touchline. No bullets. Has Lennon done any worse? What has he done?
    I don't think I have actually said he deserved bullets in the post have I And if I have I was obviously joking.

Mourinhio is a poor example because Barca v Inter isnt a match followed by opposing religious nutjobs. And I would bet that if he was manager of Celtic he wouldnt do the same thing at Ibrox.

So yeah you have kind of proved my point here. Because it is about Lennon. People hate him. It is not like Rangers fans send bullets to every Celtic manager. I dont know all the ins and outs of their time up there but I know plenty about both people as they both played for Forest and the way they conduct themself is polar opposite.

Another example then, Souness put a Galatasarray flag in the Fenerbache pitch. But even he didnt do that at Parkhead did he?!

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What way does he conduct himself that makes people hate him?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But you know the answer to that so I don't really see the point.

Are you suggesting that if Celtic had oooh lets say Roy Hodgson as manager then he would also be receiving death threats and bullets in the posts?

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you an idiot? I am suggesting that the only reason he gets death threats is because of his religion. There is no excuse. You said the way he conducts himself is the reason he gets them. Tell me how he has conducted himself seeing as you know all about it. You made a good point about Souness. That rivalry over there is massive and he didn't get what Lennon gets. Lennon gets what he gets due to his religion. People justify it by saying MON never got it or his conduct deserves it but I've seen worse in the amateur league on a Saturday. Cupping your ears is not a crime, having an opinion on an all ireland soccer team is not a crime.

Tell me about McGinn and McCourt. How has their conduct seen them get bullets in the post?

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what religion is O'Neil then?

Your post would suggest it is different to Lennon so what is it?

If you can answer me why MON didnt get death threats then we can carry on. Because if it was religion as you say then he would have done, wouldnt he? I cant see how you can debate that.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O'Neill didn't get death threats because he was an affable, media friendly manager. Lennon isn't portrayed in that light in Scotland. Everyone, everywhere has always loved O Neill for his wit. Also, Lennon played for Celtic and Northern Ireland at the same time. Which is why all this started

Now you answer me why McGinn and McCourt get bullets in the post. Is it their conduct too? Or maybe you could tell me what conduct of Neil Lennon leads to what he is getting at the minute? If you're gonna refer to being passionate and having dust ups that happens in every league in the world. Scott Brown- death threats? Diouf- death threats? Nope.
    Last edited by Smell It?; May 14th, 2011 at 6:27 AM.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, read a great article on the very same question during the week.
    Why does Neil Lennon attract more trouble than Martin O'Neill?

Both are from Northern Ireland. Both are from a Catholic background. Both managed Celtic. So why does Neil Lennon get it in the neck more than Martin O'Neill did, or indeed Anton Rogan did?

Those abusing Neil Lennon most often cite his abrasive nature. Certainly, he's not a shrinking violet. He was more of an abrasive player than Jackie McNamara or Shaun Maloney. However, he was certainly no more abrasive than say Robbie Savage, Dennis Wise, or Darren Jackson. Not to mention Diouf, McCullouch, and Novo. I can't think of a player that was seriously injured by Lennon during his playing career. In his managerial career he has sometimes been outspoken. Again, is this any more the case than with Ferguson, Wenger, or Mourinho? Smith? I think not. He is occasionally abrasive but not unusually so. Not enough to attract the kind of vitriol he does at matches, never mind the death threats.

I suspect that the main reason Lennon and O'Neill are treated differently is that Lennon played for Celtic and Northern Ireland at the same time. Lennon was booed by Northern Ireland fans, and then Hearts fans decided to follow suit partly out of their own bigotry, and partly out of a childish desire to boo along as if they were at a pantomime. Soon almost every team in Scotland were booing a man they hadn't booed before, and who hadn't been booed in his time in England. It's harder to randomly single out a manager (do you boo a substitution?) but there was also never the catalyst of O'Neill being booed at Windsor park because he never played for Celtic. Football is often blighted by copycat crimes; when there is one pitch invasion, there is often another the next week. coin-throwing begets coin-throwing, laser pens beget laser pens. The whole Lennophobia campaign started out as an anti-Catholic anti-Celtic anti-Irish copycat "lark".

The other main difference between O'Neill and Lennon is that Lennon is more defiant in the face of bigotry than O'Neill was. But only slightly. Many people in Scotland think that when Lennon is abused he should put his head down and walk away in order to keep the public peace. By challenging fans who rain abuse on his, he is seen as throwing oil on the fire. While Martin O'Neill didn't tackle these things head on as often (possibly because he wasn't faced with them as often), he wasn't entirely meek in the face of confrontation. In 2004 he marched Neil Lennon himself over to the Celtic fans at Ibrox after "sectarian and racist abuse" and lambasted for it by many in the Scottish media. (You can read Jim Traynor's response here; http://kerrydalestreet.co.uk/topic/8213827/48/). The " irrepressible Taig" as Roddy Forsyth refers to it in his criticism of the Scottish bigot's mindset is unacceptable to many in Scotland and when anyone shows defiance to their world view the victim becomes the cause.

So, why was Anton Rogan not treated the same way as Lennon? He was booed by Northern Ireland fans, but this didn't really spread. Partly, this is because Anton Rogan wasn't as good. Beyond that though, they played in different eras. Partly this is because Lennon played in at a time when the newspapers were in the habit of inventing bogeymen and then telling us all to hate them. Or in Jade Goody's case, hatethemthenlovethemthenhatethemthenlovethem. more importantly, though Neil Lennon played and managed in an era where internet forums were used to whip up hatred, and in recent times have come to be seen as mainstream. Do you remember the first time you looked at followfollow? I don't really go in for football forums; there's too much reading through "we should play a 3-2-3-1-7 formation and sign Drogba and play him in the hole" nonsense. When I was first pointed towards followfollow i was genuinely gobsmacked. There were phases of shock, amusement and disgust, but above all bewilderment. It didn't seem to reflect the country I lived in. While Rangers always seemed to have a sectarian basis the rest of Scottish society didn't. I was called a fenian in the street before I knew what one was, but in terms of bigotry that actually held me back in life I can only think of one incident in a golf club, which was soon fixed when we complained. I played football with Rangers supporters; I worked with Rangers supporters; I was friends with Rangers supporters - hardly any of whom exhibited any sign of extremism. Followfollow was awash with delusional hatred and death threats. It was, however, surely the lunatic fringe of Rangers supporters.

Nowadays FollowFollow and similar organisations are courted by the media. They are invited on the radio, and many opinion pieces in newspapers look as though they have FollowFollow as the target market. Extremism has become mainstream and legitimatised. It's against this backdrop that Lennon is different from Rogan. The hatred and fear of Lennon has been whipped up by sections of the media as well as fans groups to the extent that when a man is sent bombs in the post or assaulted on the sideline thousands celebrate. Openly.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok a quick search brings up various things.

I'll just post the one for now. Here he is shouting sectarian abuse and spitting on a Rangers scarf.

No, MON didnt do that because he isnt a fucking depressed wanker like Lennon is!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bJdlp5EWaM"]YouTube - Neil Lennon DOB Rant and Spitting On Rangers Scarf[/ame]

ps can you link that article please. I want to know how objective the source is. ta.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok a quick search brings up various things.

I'll just post the one for now. Here he is shouting sectarian abuse and spitting on a Rangers scarf.

No, MON didnt do that because he isnt a fucking depressed wanker like Lennon is!

YouTube - Neil Lennon DOB Rant and Spitting On Rangers Scarf

ps can you link that article please. I want to know how objective the source is. ta.
    A fan video. Diouf spat on a Celtic fan. No death threats. Don't see any proof in that video at all. Say even he did, is this the reason for all these goings on now?

Now the true feelings come out about him. A depressed wanker. You're a sad bitter wee man.

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fan video. Diouf spat on a Celtic fan. No death threats. Don't see any proof in that video at all. Say even he did, is this the reason for all these goings on now?

Now the true feelings come out about him. A depressed wanker. You're a sad bitter wee man.
    Are you disputing that he called someone an "orange bastard"?

And also yeah spitting on one fan who was obviously abusing him is terrible of course and Diouff is a scumbag. However spitting on a badge is worse in this context because it isnt about an individual it is the whole club. I hope you can see the difference.

And no I'm not saying that is the reason for everything - it is one example. There are hundreds out there.

Why would I be bitter?! He played for us for about 6 months. His legs had gone but was still quite decent and he never slagged the club off. I have nothing against him based on that.

He has openly said in his book that he has been battling depression for years. Maybe that has affected his ability to use his brain a bit.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said earlier, The template for all the bitter peoples posts.

It's not on what happens to him BUT...

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you disputing that he called someone an "orange bastard"?

And also yeah spitting on one fan who was obviously abusing him is terrible of course and Diouff is a scumbag. However spitting on a badge is worse in this context because it isnt about an individual it is the whole club. I hope you can see the difference.

Why would I be bitter?! He played for us for about 6 months. His legs had gone but was still quite decent and he never slagged the club off. I have nothing against him based on that.

He has openly said in his book that he has been battling depression for years. Maybe that has affected his ability to use his brain a bit.
    I'm not a lip reader so I couldn't clarify on that. If he did, he shouldn't as he's a role model for young kids. I know all about his battle with depression since 2000. Spitting on a badge is worse than spitting on a person Wise up

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said earlier, The template for all the bitter peoples posts.

It's not on what happens to him BUT...
    You are going to have to explain this one.

If this was Savage or someone then yes you could say I am biased but I think you will be hard pressed to find anything I am bitter about regards Lennon.

Still havent linked that article I see. Probably because it is off cathoticsareus.com

43rd Best Rajah Poster
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a lip reader so I couldn't clarify on that. If he did, he shouldn't as he's a role model for young kids. I know all about his battle with depression since 2000. Spitting on a badge is worse than spitting on a person Wise up
    Not in the street it isnt of course but in this context it is.

Do you think Diouff spat on him for no reason?! Bear in mind Celtic fans took the piss out of Claudio Reyna after 9/11....