Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,300 of 5233

Thread: ***Official*** Scottish Football Discussion Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes Mike, out of EVERY PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER in Europe, Scotland international and squad player for Scotlands Champions is obviously the worst.

Anyway, not a good week for Celtic. Yesterday was just one of those days though. Still think we are a bit powder-puff up front and lack a bit of killer instinct. Not convinced that stokes has the drive to be a regular and we are definately missing Hooper right now. Maloney and McCourt were lively, and Commons was unlucky a good few times.

On a side note, im working as an extra on World War Z in glasgow right now, and Bobby Petta is in with us. Hes a bloody lovely chap

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    He is the worst professional footballer i've seen SLARE.

who gives a fuck what level he plays at he is one of the worst players i've ever seen and how he has a place in any squad baffles me. if you ever have the opertunity to watch him again anyone in the coming weeks you will be stunned that my statement is the correct one.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not that bad.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    how many times have you seen him play this season?

having seen every game he has played in this season when he has been the worst player on the park by fucking miles, (and thats amazing cause edu has been shocking). the cunt should never play for rangers again as he really is that bad.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes not brilliant, but I highly, highly doubt that he is THE WORST PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER IN EUROPE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Nabil el Zhar has only moved to Spain, so still Europe

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by SLARE View Post
    Hes not brilliant, but I highly, highly doubt that he is THE WORST PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALLER IN EUROPE.
    constantly out of position, caught out by crap spl players, unfit, slow NOT A FOOTBALLER!

awful player, if you can pain yourself to go to an spl game then go to ibrox and watch broadfoot and witness the worst footballer you have ever seen at this level.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worst footballer in Europe? He's not even the worst right back at Rangers.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    he is. without a doubt.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    he is. without a doubt.
    Im not the biggest fan of whittaker and I think Andy Little has done LITTLE. yus name pun intended

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    i think whittaker can on his day be fantastic, not been great this season but i think that more to do with fitness than his qualities as a player. Little has not been given much of a chance and has occasionally come on as a forward, however i would agree that he has done LITTLE!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a NI fan I hope little gets on soon to kick on with his career even if it means leaving Rangers. It's strange for someone of his age to be a full back OR striker. Odd.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    i know he seems a more natural fit as a forward to me, which for ni isn't a bad thing.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think whittaker can on his day be fantastic
    And absolutely fucking pony every other day.

Big Kirk is steady. Not many people will get the better of him with ease over ninety minutes. He's big, strong, can tackle, he has an engine and isn't afraid to bomb forward.

This is all as a full back, as he isn't remotely as efficient as a centre back - he has a tendancy to lose his man when played in the middle.

Compared to Whittaker who doesn't know how to pick up a man. He's quick, is capable of the odd impressive dribble going forward. With the attributes he's got it's scandalous how little he gets to byline and actually delivers. Defensively, he's a calamity. A really, really poor defender. I'm much more confident with Broadfoot in the side.
    Last edited by DavidUK; August 23rd, 2011 at 9:34 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Over the few years that both have been at the club Whittaker has been far better than broadfoot. i genuinely feel like we are going to have a rotten game when i see broadfoot's name on the team sheet.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    as a fan of an opposing team I have to say I'm delighted every time I see him lining up against us

Simon
    Just read on SSN that the Hearts fan who hit Lennon has been found not guilty because it was not proven...what the fuck? It was live on TV.

Andy
    Bizarre if true. There were numerous witnesses in court who also say he called him a fenian bastard.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scottish justice system's a joke.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Bizarre if true. There were numerous witnesses in court who also say he called him a fenian bastard.
    Think there was only one witness, the security manager, who said he called him a fenian bastard.

Some one - possibly the judge with his direction to the jury or the prosecutor has fucked up here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What an absolute joke. The government and FA are making such a huge deal of ridding football of sectarianism, then we hear a decision like this? It's laughable really.

If this was sexist, or racially motivated, you can bet that there'd be a harsher punishment than the one being laid down for this joker. Despite sectarianism being a "poison" that needs to be filtered out of the Scottish game, they're letting it slide.

"It's not my normal behaviour"

Course it's not you stupid fucking bastard, normally, you'd be sat at home watching the game on telly and shouting vile abuse because you couldn't afford to be there. Jobless gobshite.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a case of letting it slide. The jury obviously felt their was a reasonable doubt over whether the guy called Lennon a "fenian bastard".
    He should still have been convicted of the assault which makes me think the judge wasn't clear to the jury in his directions.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    yup unreal. honestly was fucking stunned when i read this yesterday.
    lennon has been a victim since he moved to celtic and it's a joke. speaking with a few fellow rangers fans at my work and only the marching neanderthals seem to condone the result of this case.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the guy has still to be sentenced for some form of breach of the peace, so he isn't walking away completely scot-free.

What do we think about Sunday then, guys? I'm hoping Madrid run the legs off Celtic tomorrow and hand out a bit of a hammering. As poor as Rangers have been, I'm weirdly optimistic about Sunday. I'm thinking 2-0 Rangers.

News today that Stokes might miss the game.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sentenced today

Prison for Hearts fan over Neil Lennon abuse

A football fan cleared of assaulting Celtic manager Neil Lennon has been jailed for eight months for a breach of the peace.

John Wilson, 26, was accused of a sectarian attack on the football boss as his side played Hearts at Tynecastle stadium in Edinburgh on 11 May.

A jury at Edinburgh Sheriff Court found the charge against Wilson not proven.

The decision came despite Wilson telling the court he had lunged at Lennon and struck him on the head.

However, Wilson, 26, a Hearts fan, was convicted of carrying out a breach of the peace at the side of the pitch during the game.

The court previously heard claims, denied by Wilson, that he had called Mr Lennon a "Fenian bastard" at the Scottish Premier League game.

He was cleared of making the sectarian remark during the incident after jurors deleted the allegation from the breach of the peace charge.

Wilson was also given a five-year football banning order at court.

Passing sentence, Sheriff Fiona Reith said: "The crime of which you have been convicted by the jury was a serious one.

"A breach of the peace can sometimes be a quite minor crime but sometimes it is not.

"In this case it was not minor at all, it was serious, and with serious potential consequences in the context of what was already a highly volatile atmosphere in the crowd of over 16,000 football supporters."

He has been in jail since 12 May so he has already completed more than half his sentence.
    'Quite intimidating'

Television viewers looked on as Wilson invaded the pitch and charged towards Lennon during the match earlier this year.

The incident unfolded after Celtic went two goals up.

Wilson, who has three previous convictions for breach of the peace, told the court the incident must have been "awful" for Lennon and said he had written a letter of apology to him.

At the trial the jury of eight men and seven women took two and a half hours to find Wilson guilty of conducting himself in a disorderly manner, running on to the pitch, running at the away team dugout, shouting, swearing, causing disturbance to the crowd and breaching the peace.

Earlier Lennon said Hearts versus Celtic games were "more raucous than usual" but this particular game in May "had a bit more of an edge to it" with a lot of abuse coming from the stands.

During his evidence, the court heard that the atmosphere in the ground after the match was "very tense" and "quite intimidating".

A Crown Office spokeswoman said: "The Crown takes all forms of hate crime very seriously. Bigotry and hate have no place in a modern Scotland.

"While we note the decision of the jury in this case, we will continue to prosecute as a hate crime any offence where there is a sufficient, credible and reliable evidence to do so."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...-fife-14913385

8 months in prison but the fact he's been on remand since May means he's already served more than half of his sentence.

Andy
    This is one of the best Old Firm games I can remember. Great game.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    spot on great game. naismith is in brilliant form at the moment.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    why have we not had a decent defence for about 10 fucking years?

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent match.

Naismith is a legend. I love the wee fucker.

I think we fully deserved the win. We were the better side for the entire match other than about the last 15 mins of the first half when Celtic scored their goals.

Naismith's goals were superb, especially the first. Hoopers goal was a very nice finish too.

Mulgrew should have been sent off way earlier than he was - he put in several shocking tackles. Other than that, and the fact that Lafferty was not offside for the goal that was disallowed, I thought it was an excellent Old Firm match.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Big Kyle. He'll get 20 goals this year

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    i love the big man too. lafferty 20 goals? i hope to fuck you are right.

Andy
    Me too.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fanny, do you still think Forster's a future England keeper or whatever it was you said. Apart from the ability to pull off a couple of good saves here and there, I think he's fucking pish. Zaluska done well enough the other night, I'd have him as number 1 now for the time being. Forster can go back to answering the Addams Family's phone for them.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    i said that he was pish when fanny was championing him. he is total bollocks. Zaluska needs to learn that he has two hands to save with and he is more than fine for your current side.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I'll stand by Forster for another season, I think he'll develop into a great goalkeeper, yes

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Forster doesn't start against Hearts he's done at Celtic. There's not much between the two keepers - both are average and need replaced. Maybe a bit unfair on Forster that he seems to be being made scapegoat for the shite defensive performances recently when most of the blame can be laid at any of the centre halves or left backs. Why Mark Wilson isn't in the Scotland squad baffles me.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot why I came into the thread...

Was at hospitality at Brechin v Arbroath last week. Decent enough game. "Diddy" clubs really look after you in terms of food and bevvy, especially if there's a squad of you there. Can't fault them at all.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Daniel Majstorović is the main issue with celtic's defence.

you are right about Willson though, fuck knows what that guy has to do to get into the national team. for me a versatile player like Wilson is a must for the current national squad.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't spell Majstorović otherwise I would have mentioned him in my post

The rest aren't much better. Kelvin Wilson looked good in his first few games because he was quick but got shown up against Rangers and Ross County. Hooiveld on loan at Southampton must be doing alright, pretty sure he's played most if not all their games and they're undefeated in the Championship and I've always wanted Darren O'Dea to be given more of a chance.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    O'Dea is a strange one, there is without a doubt some kind of issue with lennon and him.

I believe that Rogne is near to coming back so that will help you out as he is really pretty decent. Lennon won't be a celtic for much longer imo, the football is shocking and attendences appear to be going down. Rangers aren't much better quality to watch but the fact we hold a 10 point lead, (game in hand taken into account) at this very early stage of the season must be worrying for celtic.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Kayal, Hooper and Izaguirre will be playing in a better league in the next 2-3 transfer windows. I personally as a Rangers fan think Lennon has been pretty poor. His dealings in the tranfer market are inconsistant and the football being played is poor.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things will have to go disastrously for him to get sacked. No one's really calling for his head, not even the most irrational of Celtic fan as Andy said. I think Lennon's team selection and tactics can be questionable at times.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    in europe and the last old firm him picked very poorly. also against ross county, i honestly think that is the worst i've seen celtic play this season.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    What do Celtic fans make of Lennon so far? The Celtic fans I know are typically irrational (not a dig at anyone here) and won't hear a bad word against him without delivering a swift slap to the face.

From what I can tell he's been pretty average. On paper Celtic's squad, or at least starting 11, looks a lot stronger than Rangers'. If it was him doing the work in the transfer market you can't fault some of his buys but he can't seem to get them performing consistently. Although having said that I do wonder if the likes of Kayal and Izaguirre are stuck in the wrong league.

Lennon wouldve been sacked in may if it wasn't for the fact that he was being treated as he was by Rangers/Hearts 'fans'. Celtic fans ended up getting protective of him, and reall, we couldve finished 4th and he would've gotten away with it.
    To not win the league last year, comparing our squad to thiers, was absolutely ridiculous. Lennon is a fantastic man-manager, but is really tactically niave. There have been occasions where i've been completely mind-boggled at starting formations and squad choiced. Sure, the players havent performed at times and the defending has been comedy, but most things come back to his door.
    Most of our buys have been decent enough, but theres rumblings of him having fallings out with Commons, Wilson and O'Dea amongst others, so his personality and style could be pretty detrimental.
    He has to win the league this season, no if's or buts. If he doesnt, hes done.

Andy
    Terrible from Commons. Absolutely shocking.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    just a late challenge, not really that shocking. more stupid than shocking. commons was looked like the only threat from celtic today. even hooper has been shite.

Andy
    It's just so unprofessional. No excuse for losing your head like that.

Andy
    Andy Walker's nearly crying on commentary here.

"WHERE IS THE THUNDER "

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    andy walker is a massive cunt.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Andy Walker is a cunt.

That was a yellow card at the VERY MOST for Commons' 'challenge'. Craig Thomson is an utter fucking idiot.

Aside from that, Commons was 4 yards behind the play, didn't ever look like moving forward and his passing was deplorable. Read: deplorable passing also for Forrest, Ki, Kadouri and every other cunt.

Gary Hooper is having a complete and utter fucking laugh if he thinks he is or ever will be anywhere near good enough for the England squad. Even the paralympic England squad. He's complete fucking gash. He can't hold the ball up, struggles with the offside rule and can't pass or position himself to save his fucking life.

Celtic's defence has been stinking ugly minge for the better part of 10 years. The last time we had a half decent defence was Balde, Valgaaren, Mjalby and (I think) Vega. Which is embarrassing in itself.

Mulgrew is your best delivery into the box in the entire squad, and you persist in playing him at full-back, let alone in defence at all? It beggars belief.

Without Kayal and Izaguirre Celtic look far less than ordinary. With them they look occasionally capable of decent to good results. I and the rest of Celtic fans need to get used to the idea of that being the standard for the team going forward, admittedly, and once Rangers' bubble bursts and some of their players die from old age and not getting paid, we'll be baxck to a two-horse race league again with Celtic and Hearts....maybe three including Motherwell as well. But for fucksake, my kingdom for one or two, one at least, decent fucking defenders.

Fuck me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    I honestly thought Commons was the best player for yous today by miles.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    he was terrible, in my opinion. I'd struggle to pick a decent Celtic player from today to be honest. I'm not being funny just becuse I've said it before, but maybe the keeper for preventing a complete embarrassment

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
    Andy Walker is a cunt.

That was a yellow card at the VERY MOST for Commons' 'challenge'. Craig Thomson is an utter fucking idiot.

Aside from that, Commons was 4 yards behind the play, didn't ever look like moving forward and his passing was deplorable. Read: deplorable passing also for Forrest, Ki, Kadouri and every other cunt.

Gary Hooper is having a complete and utter fucking laugh if he thinks he is or ever will be anywhere near good enough for the England squad. Even the paralympic England squad. He's complete fucking gash. He can't hold the ball up, struggles with the offside rule and can't pass or position himself to save his fucking life.

Celtic's defence has been stinking ugly minge for the better part of 10 years. The last time we had a half decent defence was Balde, Valgaaren, Mjalby and (I think) Vega. Which is embarrassing in itself.

Mulgrew is your best delivery into the box in the entire squad, and you persist in playing him at full-back, let alone in defence at all? It beggars belief.

Without Kayal and Izaguirre Celtic look far less than ordinary. With them they look occasionally capable of decent to good results. I and the rest of Celtic fans need to get used to the idea of that being the standard for the team going forward, admittedly, and once Rangers' bubble bursts and some of their players die from old age and not getting paid, we'll be baxck to a two-horse race league again with Celtic and Hearts....maybe three including Motherwell as well. But for fucksake, my kingdom for one or two, one at least, decent fucking defenders.

Fuck me.
    Got to disagree with you on a few points here mate. I thought Commons was one of our better players and while I thought his red was maybe, slightly harsh, he can't have any complaints about getting sent off.

Hooper is definitely not gash. He's a good goalscorer who sometimes doesn't turn up, as is the case for a lot of good goalscorers: ie Kris Boyd. I think he's our most important player and one of our only players who shows a real desire to win.

Mulgrew certainly does have a good delivery but he's also been our best centre half all season. He MUST play at the back because everyone is shit.

I backed Lennon until the auld firm game, then I said 'give him til the next one', but after today he's really begun to try my patience. I conceded the league at around Halloween last year and nearly regretted it when we had it in our own hands, but right now it's really tempting to say that Rangers won the league today.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I think Kayal, Ki and Izaguirre are all infinitely more important players than Hooper

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Fanny you are certainly overrating Ki and Emilo's contribution to the team. Ki only plays well against the dross and Emilo is as bad a defender as the rest, going forward he is quality however.

Without Brown Celtic are shit, yous played well against us until Brown went off, Hooper was the only other player in the old firm that wanted to win.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I actually think the team is far better off without Brown in it, for the msot part

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    he is the driving force for celtic imo. i would honestly love him at rangers.

Andy
    He's shite. What does he offer apart from getting booked every game? Very poor technically.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brown is absolute garbage. Can't be arsed going through it again. Rangers can have him for all I care.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    i would love him wardy. go and tell him he can come home.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He can go on home, along with the rest of the British soldiers.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia

pardon?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gadz.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Is that tim for good?

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suprised to see that's what you think of Hooper, Fanny.

I think he's an excellent goalscorer. He has an incredible eye for goal. He's about the only Celtic player that puts the fear in to me these days.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I think he's a fudd.

Anyway, what do we think about Tuesday night lads? Surely the only chance of progression is for the mighty Lithuania to beat the Czechs?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    pumped and out.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    that's the spirit!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A favour from Lithuania would be incredible, and I wouldn't rule it out completely.

Realistically though, head over heart, 1-0 scotland with a Charlie Adam free-kick in the 94th minute...

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny View Post
    that's the spirit!
    realism fanny. i would love to claim a victory over the best national team ever and get a play off place, christ it would be incredible but its just not going to happen.

1-0 adam free kick though?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll say we somehow manage to hold them to a draw but then the Czechs get a late winner against Lithuania for another glorious Scottish failure.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets all put money on 1-0 with an Adam Free kick and when it happens we can be investigated for irregular betting patterns.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    right slare how much? i could do with sometime off work.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I'll say we somehow manage to hold them to a draw but then the Czechs get a late winner against Lithuania for another glorious Scottish failure.
    This is what is going to happen. Either that or Spain will beat us with 2 late goals.

I have always maintained that Scotland are the exact same team as Celtic in Europe. Having supported both of them for years I have noticed the eerie similarities in our failures. We do everything the hard way, give away stupid goals, can't handle pressure and ultimately always come up short.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    This is what is going to happen. Either that or Spain will beat us with 2 late goals.

I have always maintained that Scotland are the exact same team as Celtic in Europe. Having supported both of them for years I have noticed the eerie similarities in our failures. We do everything the hard way, give away stupid goals, can't handle pressure and ultimately always come up short.

I say this EXACT same thing to people ALL the time. It's uncanny.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well not even a glorious failure there, just an out-and-out failure.

Only watched the first half, and saying that I don't think we played all that badly as we had a couple of snigffs at goal, Spain are just really really fucking good. Nice to hear we got a goal in the end though I susepct Spain took their foot off the gas a bit.

Intercontinental Champion Curly Toe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aberdeen is ever so slightly colder than Alicante was.
    Last edited by Curly Toe; October 12th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    bloody hell...

Andy
    What on earth is going on here

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LENNON OUT

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    Peter Lawell needs to have a word with himself while he's spouting all of his 'lack of investment in Scottish football' sermons

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "dis isent de end, dis is jist de beginning"

AYE ALRIGHT NEIL.

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    I take it all back Anthony. Good on you son.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah well, thats the cracks papered over for another week.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LENNON OUT!

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine
    who in?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MARTIN O'NEIL.

GORDON STRACHAN.

DR. JOSEF VENGLOS

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It surely can't be that hard to find a manager who won't let THAT Rangers team win the fucking league every year.

Intercontinental Champion Curly Toe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark McGhee?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck off.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we'll end up with Coyle in all seriousness

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lennonn must stay. He's a cracking comedy figure.

Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    It surely can't be that hard to find a manager who won't let THAT Rangers team win the fucking league every year.
    THAT Rangers team that has conceded one away league goal so far this season? THAT Rangers team that is undefeated so far in the league? What exactly could a different Celtic manager have done to stop that? The gap could be tighter but credit where it's due - Rangers and McCoist are doing really well at the moment (cup competitions aside ).

You'd be better placed worrying about Motherwell instead of Rangers mate

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidUK View Post

THAT Rangers team that has conceded one away league goal so far this season? THAT Rangers team that is undefeated so far in the league? What exactly could a different Celtic manager have done to stop that?

Beat you?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    coyle not a chance.

whoever gets the job will have to accept that they wont have money to spend. do you honestly think coyle would do that?
    i think it is highly unlikely that lennon will go, the removal of majstorovic and loovens at the back would make a huge differance.

just checked there and he is 11/1 to be sacked so the bookies agree.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    coyle not a chance.

whoever gets the job will have to accept that they wont have money to spend. do you honestly think coyle would do that?
    i think it is highly unlikely that lennon will go, the removal of majstorovic and loovens at the back would make a huge differance.

just checked there and he is 11/1 to be sacked so the bookies agree.
    I don't think he'll get sacked but I wouldnt be too suprised if he walks.
    He said on Saturday that he wouldnt walk away unless he felt the team werent going forward and he wasnt getting the best from them.

Thats a long way from the "Im never walking" that we've had in the past.

I think hes losing a few of the lads in the dressing room too. I know for a fact that Commons has been told to "find a new club" by Lennon after Commons complained about Lennon and Thomson reeking of drink at training on numerous occasions (there were a few more incidents, but that was the flashpoint). Hooper has said he wants to play in England, but thats been publicised anyway. He and Mark Wilson dont get on either.
    I think its becoming apparent that not everybody in the dressing room is behind him and a bit of a divide is becoming clear.

A team that played well enough last year are completely underperforming. Theres a reason for that. The personnel is largely the same, so logic says theres a lack of harmony somewhere.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    i would fully agree with everything. for some reason though i see that these problems will be solved by getting rid of the players that lennon has issues with.

i think that on the occasions i have seen celtic this season the only player to have any sort of consistancy is ki and possibly mulgrew. sometimes sacking the manager is not the option and lennon will stay until the fans stop attending celtic park.

AWOL
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLARE View Post
    I don't think he'll get sacked but I wouldnt be too suprised if he walks.
    He said on Saturday that he wouldnt walk away unless he felt the team werent going forward and he wasnt getting the best from them.

Thats a long way from the "Im never walking" that we've had in the past.

I think hes losing a few of the lads in the dressing room too. I know for a fact that Commons has been told to "find a new club" by Lennon after Commons complained about Lennon and Thomson reeking of drink at training on numerous occasions (there were a few more incidents, but that was the flashpoint). Hooper has said he wants to play in England, but thats been publicised anyway. He and Mark Wilson dont get on either.
    I think its becoming apparent that not everybody in the dressing room is behind him and a bit of a divide is becoming clear.

A team that played well enough last year are completely underperforming. Theres a reason for that. The personnel is largely the same, so logic says theres a lack of harmony somewhere.
    How?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Care to elaborate on which part is 'How?'

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i would fully agree with everything. for some reason though i see that these problems will be solved by getting rid of the players that lennon has issues with.

i think that on the occasions i have seen celtic this season the only player to have any sort of consistancy is ki and possibly mulgrew. sometimes sacking the manager is not the option and lennon will stay until the fans stop attending celtic park.
    Ki, Mulgrew and Ledley. Everyone else has been all over the place.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidUK View Post

THAT Rangers team that has conceded one away league goal so far this season? THAT Rangers team that is undefeated so far in the league? What exactly could a different Celtic manager have done to stop that? The gap could be tighter but credit where it's due - Rangers and McCoist are doing really well at the moment (cup competitions aside ).

You'd be better placed worrying about Motherwell instead of Rangers mate
    I don't know if you noticed but the SPL is absolutely shit. Rangers are also shit and have fuck all money. We should be winning the league every year but can't because for some reason we're even worse.