Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Scottish Football Discussion Thread

You ain't a beauty... Magnus Barelegs's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Quite an exciting game this. We've seen Super Darren Mackie with a clinical finish and someone get the worst eye injury seen on a football pitch since Fashanu's elbow met Mabbutt's bones.
    Darren Mackie is super.

Quite ironic...Celtic get a replay with a goal they didn't really deserve, we win the replay with a goal we didn't really deserve.

Superb. I really hope we get to keep Maybury. If McGeady is worth £12million, how much is someone who has kept him in his pocket twice in succession worth?

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aberdeen deserved that. Celtic had a few chances but nothing completely clear-cut. Aberdeen took their chance when it came.

Diamond didn't have a great couple of minutes, did he?

IRREPLACEABLE Fulham Road Supporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quad this year, Smith and McCoist for the Fulham Road.

Why.. So.. SERIOUS?!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While, as a Rangers fan I'm prone to revel in any defeat Celtic suffer, this could be a blessing in disguise for them - they have only the SPL left, and they'll be more determined than ever to retain it.

Here's hoping we can beat them at Celtic Park - I'm confident we'll take them at Ibrox - if we do, the title is ours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melv View Post
    Aberdeen deserved that. Celtic had a few chances but nothing completely clear-cut. Aberdeen took their chance when it came.

Diamond didn't have a great couple of minutes, did he?
    I must have missed the new rule where, if you are Jan Vennegoor of Castlemilk, you can elbow players in the face and get away with it.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus Barelegs View Post
    I must have missed the new rule where, if you are Jan Vennegoor of Castlemilk, you can elbow players in the face and get away with it.
    Wasn't deliberate, but yes, he should have been in the book for it.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celtic are brutal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the one that actually injured Diamond seemed to be fairly accidental.

The one just before that was worse, he seemed to look at Diamond as he jumped then raise the elbow.

Do you think this could be the end of Strachan? I'm aware some sections of the Celtic support aren't happy with him, if he doesn't win the league will the fans accept a trophyless season?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im predicting Strachan will be gone in may, regardless of where the league title ends up.

The "minority" unhappy with him is no longer a minority. If he doesn't win the league, he will be forced out, and if they do, I don't see him wanting to hang around much longer anyway.

Mark McGee will be managing us by august.

Intercontinental Champion Curly Toe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodnight Strachan!

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I the only one left that backs Strachan? What the fuck has he done wrong exactly? In 2 seasons he's won the league twice, and both cups. He's also taken us to the the last 16 of the Champion's League, something we'd never done before, 2 years running. Aye, he's clearly shit.

We've had a couple of bad results this season and everyone wants rid of him, but I don't really see why. Fuck, we even had SLARE calling for his head on the last page but he probably doesn't realise that it was only in the cup.

Rangers are only 3 points ahead of us with a game in hand, and we've still got to play them 3 times. The league is far from over yet.

I don't blame Strachan for our performances this season. If I had to blame anyone it would be the players. People like Vennegoor, Nakamura, Hartley, and Naylor. Players who have performed for us before, but now just aren't.

It's not his fault Rangers are having a great season.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair point made. The "Strachan out" post I made was more due to anger at that particular point in time.

Its a difficult one.
    Yes, he has gotten us into the last 16 twice, which will forever be credited to him, and won the League twice, but this was at a point when the league was pretty much a gimme due to rangers being absolutely shite.
    This season was always going to be his biggest challenge as soon as Smith came back to Ibrox, Celtic on the whole have not risen to that challenge as well as they could've.

The players that you noted there, who are underperforming, are players that Strachan himself brought in. Add them to the likes of Donati, Du Wei and Caldwell and you have the makings of a very, very dodgy record in the transfer market.

Strachan has made some very questionable tactical decisions this season which have cost us too, the first one springing to mind being playing Hartley at left back.

I go to Parkhead every home game with my dad and his mate. His mate HATES Strachan, and has done since day one. For the past three years, Ive argued in Strachans corner, but as this season has rolled on, im finding it more and more difficult to defend him.

If he wins the league, then all credit to him. I just think that he, as a person, will have had enough of the shit that people are giving him, and walk. He has had three good seasons, but there are still a percentage who have never accepted him (which is growing by the day seemingly).
    Im still confident we will take 9 points from Rangers and win the league, I have to be, but we wouldn't have needed to had Strachan made some better decisions.
    Last edited by Slare; March 18th, 2008 at 11:04 PM.

Help me, help you Christopherson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't lump Hartley in with Donati and Caldwell, he's asked to play where the manager puts him. Shame as well because I think he could do wonders in the middle. This Celtic minded thing is absolute bollocks, so was Wim Janssen Celtic minded? Personally I think Strachan is an arrogant, ginger, hobbit but you can't deny how well he's done, the section of fans that have never liked him are a mystery to me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand this Celtic-Minded stuff either, but a LOT of fans base their hatred of him on it.

As I said, Ive always backed him up, but it is getting more and more difficult. I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in August when he done fuck all in the transfer market, because he could rebuild in January.

What did we get, Hinkel, who has been decent, and Samaras, who has been good also. Barry Robson cant get a game over Evander Sno for some reason. These are three who have come in at a time players when Stachan knew fine well that we needed at least 3 defenders and another few to play across the middle of the park

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's true Strachan was never given a chance by a section of the fans due to him not being 'Celtic minded' and I have always defended him against their criticism but this season it has just gotten harder to do so. I have went in recent weeks from backing Strachan to being on the fence and Wardy I think you can put some of the blame on Strachan. It hasn't just been a couple of bad results this season, we have drawn at home to Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Hibs and Dundee United. We have lost at home to Aberdeen and Hearts to put us out of both cup competitions. Thats 6 performances, added in to a terrible display at Ibrox where there seemed to be no fight from the team and no plan B though thinking back I can't seem to remember a plan A in trying to win that game and also being 2 goals up against Inverness only to lose 3-2.

We have went through two transfer windows without bringing in a centre back nor a left back when we do need both positions strengthened. I know you Wardy don't rate Caldwell (a player signed by Strachan) but he keeps playing him. We have been unlucky at some points this season with injuries to Wilson and Doumbe especially in the right back slot but Strachan has decided to play players out of position (Caldwell, Hartley) instead of changing the tactics. It seems to be a failing of his, last night in my eyes he took too long to make a change, then again too long till he made his second. There have been times when we have failed to break down teams and there has been no second option. If you put two players on McGeady then it can sometimes seem that Celtic don't know what to do.

Also I laugh at his youtube 'best moments' from his interviews with the 'can I have a quick word Gordon?' 'Velocity', replies but I feel he could conduct himself better with the press. The whole Riordan situation is a good example as he could have came out months ago and explained why he called him the best natural finisher at Celtic then never played him.

Saying that Rangers are only 3 points ahead with a game in hand, so possibly 6 points ahead and I still think we can make a go at winning the league. We need to get 7 points from the Old Firm games and win all our other games, we only have the league to focus on while they are still in the Scottish Cup and the UEFA cup so perhaps they will tire. If we lost the game at Ibrox then I think the league will be over so that is going to be a massive game.
    Last edited by J; March 19th, 2008 at 11:15 AM.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SLARE View Post
    The players that you noted there, who are underperforming, are players that Strachan himself brought in. Add them to the likes of Donati, Du Wei and Caldwell and you have the makings of a very, very dodgy record in the transfer market.
    The players I mentioned were men that Strachan has brought in and have actually played well consistently. Players that we all know can perform for us under Strachan, but haven't been so much this season. I didn't mention Donati, Caldwell etc. because they haven't ever been consistently good for us, so it's not expected. Certainly not from Caldwell, who's constant appearances in the first time are the only thing I really blame Strachan for.
    Quote Originally Posted by St Christopher View Post
    Don't lump Hartley in with Donati and Caldwell, he's asked to play where the manager puts him. Shame as well because I think he could do wonders in the middle.
    He plays most of his games in the middle, and does not do wonders. He goes missing in that position far too often, and it's not like he's doing it on purpose like Jermaine Jenas. Most of the time you don't even realise he's playing 'til he gets booked.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well put J.

Anyway, lets fuck this negativity now, its a new day.

Rangers can have the cup double, as long as we win the league.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads just let steven davis win all the old firm games, the pplayer of the year, all the cups and the uefa cup then he might get bored and go play in italy.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Am I the only one left that backs Strachan? What the fuck has he done wrong exactly? In 2 seasons he's won the league twice, and both cups. He's also taken us to the the last 16 of the Champion's League, something we'd never done before, 2 years running. Aye, he's clearly shit.

We've had a couple of bad results this season and everyone wants rid of him, but I don't really see why. Fuck, we even had SLARE calling for his head on the last page but he probably doesn't realise that it was only in the cup.

Rangers are only 3 points ahead of us with a game in hand, and we've still got to play them 3 times. The league is far from over yet.

I don't blame Strachan for our performances this season. If I had to blame anyone it would be the players. People like Vennegoor, Nakamura, Hartley, and Naylor. Players who have performed for us before, but now just aren't.

It's not his fault Rangers are having a great season.
    Very well said. Strachan has done a good Celtic over the period he's been there. They might be struggling now (I say that, but it's not as dire as some of the Celtic fans try to pass it off as being) but they are still in with a very good shout of winning the league. As Wardy said there is still three Old Firm games to go for fuck sake, I don't believe some people are conceding the league with that in mind. That's shocking.

I'm not with you regarding Hesselink though. As J pointed out he actually does have a good goal scoring record. He's a scapegoat at times for the Celtic fans. Nakamura has been poor, Hartley isn't being played in the position that he's best at in my opinion and Gary Caldwell will lose you 9 points a season. People like them have to buck up their ideas (although Caldwell hasn't been terribly bad or anything, he's just a big liability). I don't know if Celtic are still making the mega bucks they were in Japan etc. with Nakamura but from a footballing point of view I'd cut and run with him if they could get decent enough money.

The League isn't over but if we can just avoid losing at Celtic Park then it will be. With three Old firm games to go it's ludicrous to give it up already.

In saying that though Celtic really are playing awful football. Grinding results without any class is the reason why I think you won't get many points off us in the three upcoming games.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No harm, but I would have wanted Rangers through to the final for a match against Celtic. Wheres the fun in playing Aberdeen or Queen of the South? I got all my mates round for the scottish cup final last year and it was a load of bollocks.

As for Celtic playing awful football, 6 weeks ago everyone was creaming over us and the football we were playing. Judging us much over 3 games? I think so.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Old Firm are bollocks.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drawing at home to Partick is more embarrassing than losing at home to Aberdeen.

Still Rangers are in the cup and Celtic aren't.

COME ON PARTICK.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck off Boyd you flukey bastard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rangers will most definitely break the record for games in a season. Of course I'm basing that on absolutely no previous knowledge but come on, jesus christ.

Why Buffel isn't getting a chance is mystery to me, I just hope it's not because of this £250'000, fuck me that would be ridiculous. Alan Gow is another one, Partick at home would have been perfect for Gow. Strange, strange season this year I really don't know which way it will turn or (as Berne pointed out) which team will turn up.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that 23 games unbeaten for rangers now in all competitions?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Werder beat us 1-0 last week.

Andy

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gutted

Im an idiot.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be so easy on yourself.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go trim your pubes mate.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't anymore.

Andy
    This is a quality game. I don't understand why Nakamura started again, he is fucking gash in old firm games.

Surely Strachan will leave at the end of the season.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad to see Rangers teaching their Scottish players to dive.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its not the dive that annoyed me, players dive, but faking a fucking injury to avoid getting what would've no doubt been his second booking was fucking scandalous.

The ref bottled it by not awarding the card in the first place, but that was a dirty, disgusting move by the man who was rangers best player.

Thats the difference between Brown and Thomson. Brown could EASILY have went down in the box and drawn a pentaly, but due to strength/honesty/stupidity, he stayed up. Thomson feels a fucking passing wind, throws his leg out and drops like a pile of fucking disgusting scum.

Pile of fucking shite, and he wasnt the only dirty fucking rangers player today. The better FOOTBALLING team lost there, while the team that have just soaked up pressure all season walk out with yet another cheap victory.

Fucking cunts.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYA

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats the difference between Brown and Thomson. Brown could EASILY have went down in the box and drawn a pentaly, but due to strength/honesty/stupidity, he stayed up. Thomson feels a fucking passing wind, throws his leg out and drops like a pile of fucking disgusting scum.
    The other difference being Thomson has comfortably made the step-up from Hibs. Brown hasn't.

The better FOOTBALLING team lost there, while the team that have just soaked up pressure all season walk out with yet another cheap victory.

Fucking cunts.
    I hope to god you are kidding mate. I do not know one person, not a single person, that thinks Celtic play better football than Rangers. McGeady and Nakamura are about the only techincally gifted players. Besides those two you are a route one team. No problems with that as it's effective, but to sit there and say Celtic are a better footballing side than Rangers is laughable.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Rangers on winning the league. Strachan Out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking quality, Smith > Strachan.

Broadfoot and Thomson's dives were embarrassing, that Celtic player that got booked had every right to go mental at Broadfoot. Even the commentators, who are supposed to be neutral were cunting them off. I thought there should have been more injury time at the end of the second half too.

Come on the Billy Boys!

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smell It? View Post

See, Slare, nice and tasteful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You've went down in my estimation, years past the Berne of old would have went balistic. Today you're a watered down version of Mother Teresa. Congratulations.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidUK View Post
    The other difference being Thomson has comfortably made the step-up from Hibs. Brown hasn't.

Brown's had a great season and has cemented his place in the Scotland side.

Where's Thomson?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's Thomson?

Brown has been a huge failure at Celtic. The guy has huge talent, but he has had a shocker of a first season. He hasn't managed to make the step up. He needs to go to the Premiership to get his career going again. Strachan can't get the best out of Brown and I think Strachan will still be at Celtic next season.

Thomson on the other hand has been immense. I would seriously say that only McGregor and Cuellar have had better season and this is despite the fact that he has picked up a couple of injuries. Rangers play so much better when Thomson is in the team. Thomson helps to get the best out of Ferguson. Thomson said that Brown made his decision to join Celtic and that he would have to live with it. I wonder how Brown is feeling right now?

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say he's feeling pretty cheated.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brown has been crap. Showed brilliance in his first six games and has been shite ever since.

The reason why I am a watered down version now St Chris is I don't really care. I didn't even watch the game yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I get all this apathy to a point, but it's starting to bore me senseless now. You and my brother need a reality check, he's the exact same as you. Rangers are boring as fuck, there shite blah blah blah, well we've had 3 seasons of mediocrity and now we are on the cusp of a treble, so yeah I'll take that. Celtic meanwhile have one of the most prodigious talents in Britain in McGeady right now. Last 16 two years running in Europe's elite competition, you don't like Strachan fair enough but would you rather go back to the gubbing Motherwell, Falkirk, ICT, St Mirren 6-0 every week? Wheres the challange in that. Scotland as a whole find themselves in the highest ever position internationally, both sides of the old firm have regular been making it past Christmas in Europe somewhere admist all this boring pedantic football something is going right.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both muck. Rangers less muck than Celtic. Both clubs have no contingency plan. They'll be decent one year and shite the next. Celtic have been absolute shite this season. Strachan will be spared due to the fact two flukey last min winners got us into the last 16. That can't happen every year. Absolute bollocks and I would rather play football on a Saturday that watch that dross. I have felt like that even when Celtic were winning the league last year. Boring league.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brown's been shit. I don't know what Melv's been injecting.

We were all over them in the first half then when they got the goal it was finished. Thomson is an absolute fanny for the way he behaved, taking the shine off what was a great performance. I can't believe Strachan didn't bring on McDonald til the 78th minute or whatever it was. Maybe I'll be jumping on the bandwagon soon.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit pissed last night.

Rangers have been the better team all season, no denying that, but we have played some lovely football, we just lack any sort of killer instinct. Rangers play to their strengths and fair play to them.

Brown has been hugely inconsistent. Ive seen games where he has ran the show and been a level above everyone else, and others where he just drifts around games aimlessly. Overall, bit of a dissapointment. We need a Barry Ferguson figure in the midfield, who plays for the jersey, and has a bit of passion about him.

I dont think there is a Celtic fan out there who isn't astounded that it took Strachan 78 minutes to make a change. We were calling for it after the hour, as were most im sure.

Again, its these tactical niggles that will turn people against Strachan.

On to the 16th of April then.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both muck. Rangers less muck than Celtic. Both clubs have no contingency plan. They'll be decent one year and shite the next. Celtic have been absolute shite this season. Strachan will be spared due to the fact two flukey last min winners got us into the last 16. That can't happen every year. Absolute bollocks and I would rather play football on a Saturday that watch that dross. I have felt like that even when Celtic were winning the league last year. Boring league.
    Hesselink needs to get to fuck. McDonald should have been playing yesterday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I said the other week that I was sitting on the fence with regards to Strachan after defending him throughout the season but I can see myself falling into the “Strachan out” camp. We now need to win every game left this season and hope Rangers slip up, it's not impossible given that Rangers are still in Europe and the Scottish cup so I have not conceded the league yet, and I will not shout for Strachan to go until this season is over. I do feel this is where he has to prove himself, if the league is just handed over to Rangers now with no real fight then perhaps a change will need to happen.

Brown started off brightly, as did McDonald but both have struggled for a while now and I have been saying for a bit that both should have a rest. McDonald will hopefully now get one and Vennegoor and Samaras will get a shot at forming a partnership with the possibility of McDonald coming off the bench in the second half if needed. Brown's rest will be enforced due to his suspension and I feel its a long time coming. Strachan seems to be one of these mangers that believes a player should try and play his way through a bad spell but with Hartley, Sno, Donati, Robson and even Nakamura all able to play in the center (plus Jarosik before he was sold), a rest would have done him the world of good. He is only young and I am confident that he will come good in a Celtic jersey, but he has to grow into it because as Jock Stein said “Celtic jerseys are not for second best, They don't shrink to fit inferior players.”

As for yesterday Strachan again took too long to change things, McDonald should have been on a lot sooner than with ten minutes to go and just like Aberdeen it cost us the match. There seems to be a stubbornness within him as he seems determined to stick by the eleven players and the system he picks for kick off, its cost us to many points over the season and if we were to lose the league this season it won't just be down to the old firm games but also the 8 points we have lost at home due to drawing with Kilmarnock, St Mirren, Dundee Utd and Hibs whereas Rangers have only dropped three points at home this season.

Like I said I am not going to concede the league yet as anything is possible but Strachan and the players really have to give one final push to the finish and hope we get a lucky break.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's that over then.

Andy
    Dunno about that, should be a better game next week though. Miguel Veloso was fucking class tonight.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone with hair like that needs to be able to play a bit.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where's Thomson?
    That's just blatantly wrong. I don't believe you said that.

And Thursday night was the worst performance from Rangers for a while. WAY too many passes going astray, we couldn't hold on to the ball for the life of us. A few players didn't turn up on the night - Steve Davis being the main culprit. Weir was very surprisingly poor, too.

Not too sure what to think about going to Lisbon now. They've got to be favourites but one goal from us and that all changes.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weir was shit. Probably too busy thinking about going home to put his slippers on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So even OAP's aren't safe from you, what a callous bastard you are Wardy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's got a point, it was a cold night, his hip was probably playing up, you must know how that feels at your age Chris!

Lennon back, will hopefully fire up the bhoys a bit more, every game is a must win from now on in.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed that little Glasgow derby last week.

When's the next two then?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First one is a week on Wed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J View Post
    He's got a point, it was a cold night, his hip was probably playing up, you must know how that feels at your age Chris!

Lennon back, will hopefully fire up the bhoys a bit more, every game is a must win from now on in.

Pivotal weekend, no good if Celtic win and we lose. And there is a good chance of this, Dundee Utd more than any other team this year have given us the most problems. I'm sure Lennon will gee them up for today's game.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That will be that then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's that over then.

Yep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see that coming, still think we will draw/lose tomorrow but what has given me more hope is that Smith and McCoist will now know how much a win tomorrow would push us toward the winning line.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seen it coming unfortunately.

Ah well, will be suprised to see strachan still here by the end of May.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well in Motherwell

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunday View Post

Yep.
    The league was over weeks ago. Yesterday just really confirmed it. The Uefa Cup, as I was referring to is also over because the Old Firm are B-O-L-L-O-C-K-S

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Old Firm really are shite.

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Blairgowrie Junior match I went to yesterday served up better football than seen in the SPL these days.

We scored a free kick taken from just inside our half, one of the best goals I've ever seen.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That just shows how shit the standard of play was.

Novo just scored wee gypsy looking cunt.

2-2

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first half was dire, but it was very windy. The second half was great when the wind calmed down a bit. It was still better than the SPL.

But to be fair, that keeper or anyone else never would've guessed it would head towards the net. By the time he saw it, it was too late.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-3 now. For fucksake United. DO IT FOR EDDIE!

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a game that was. United really are bastards to us.

League is now officially over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bollocks!

I suppose Rangers winning gives us a glimmer of hope of still pulling it back but that is me really trying to find something positive.

I still don't understand the starting eleven. Why drop Samaras? He was one of our best players, especially first half against Rangers. Also the dropping of Hartley in the center for Donati was just as head scratching.

Then att home, the away team down to 10 men, in a must win game Strachan still didn't know what to do! Everyone was calling for three up front and that should have been the change when Samaras was brought on, not when Hutchinson was brought on with 3 minutes to go!

As with the Rangers game last week and the Aberdeen game in the cup Strachan has failed to change things around in time. I just hope the board is capable off doing so.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-1 Rangers tonight.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-1 sporting.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at an interview at the bookies just there and someone put £1375 on Sporting qualifying. Let's hope he wins.

2-1 Sporting

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £1375 is an odd number to put on.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably his year's wages.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but after Heroin deductions, hes probably only left with about 46 quid.

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at an interview at the bookies just there and someone put £1375 on Sporting qualifying. Let's hope he wins.
    Well that's him bankrupt.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great performance. Thoroughly deserved. Well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great performance. Thoroughly deserved. Well done.

I never thought I would be scared so much by one post in my entire life.

Extension here we come.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call it like I see it. Only saw second half mind you but well deserved from that.

Andy
    Great performance from Rangers. Two very good goals aswell.

Darcheville gave their defence trouble all day long.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was night time mate.

Andy
    lolz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking amazing performance. I think Thomson, Ferguson and Super Steve Davis covered every single blade of grass. I can't fault a single player.

It's a bit gay that PSV couldn't progess, but we have got this far and we won't lose without a fight.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should fault Ferguson for missing the next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should fault Ferguson for missing the next game.

Yeah, he says that he doesn't know what he was thinking. He will be gutted. But I have faith in a midfield of McCulloch, Dailly, Hemdani, Novo and Super Steve Davis.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you see the interview after the match, with Ferguson translating? Darcheville seems like the typical, clueless funny, foreigner.

And did you hear your fans singing No Surrender? It was pretty fucking loud. Hopefully that gets you into some more bother.
    Last edited by wardy; April 10th, 2008 at 7:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post

I can't fault a single player.
    Papac had an awful second half I thought, most times he got it he made a mistake, he wasn't good when trying to get forward either.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Friday was slightly drunk last night, judging by the voicemail he left me.

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QOS 2-2 Aberdeen.

Epic stuff, come on Doonhamers!

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-2 to QOS again.

Level again, fucking hell goal a minute.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best game ever.
    Worst game ever.

I can't decide.

Mentioned
    334 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)