Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 5233

Thread: ***Official*** Scottish Football Discussion Thread

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smell It? View Post
    You might also say that Strachan is more successful in Europe cos he has got us to the last 16, but who is to say O Neill wouldn't have eventually? He had us winning games at Anfield, Blackburn, Ajax and got us to a European final. Doubt Strachan could manage that. The guy couldn't even manage his finger up his bum. Could you see Fergie suspending Ronaldo before an Arsenal match cos he gave it back. FFS Keane was giving Fergie it back for years. Football is not a dictatorship anymore.
    Keane and Ronaldo were/are 2 of the best players in the world. McGeady is a greedy wee shite that we could do without.

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You wouldn't say he's good enough for Liverpool or Arsenal then?

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might also say that Strachan is more successful in Europe cos he has got us to the last 16, but who is to say O Neill wouldn't have eventually?
    Silly argument. What do you mean eventually? He was there for what, five years, and didn't. Strachan has been at Celtic for about 3 and a half years and has done it twice. MON didn't, that's all there is to say about it, you can't say that he could have done "eventually" - that's crazy talk.

Could you see Fergie suspending Ronaldo before an Arsenal match cos he gave it back. FFS Keane was giving Fergie it back for years. Football is not a dictatorship anymore.
    I bet Keane wasn't in the papers every other week for fighting outside nightclubs, turning up to training on more than one occassion looking worse for wear after a scrap. Fair enough, you can't point the finger soley at McGeady without having been there yourself, but learn your lesson the first few times. He deserved to be dropped.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strachan getting Celtic to the last 16 has papered over many cracks. We have average players who played above their station. We buy players just to compete with Rangers instead of taking the £10m champions league money we made and investing it. This isn't an argument about who is the better manager. MON is hands down. I could manage Celtic in the SPL.

McGeady has been involved in 2 altercations. If you read Keanes book he was involved in about 22. Strachan is an average manager. The SPL is a gift to win because Rangers are rubbish at the minute. We're just slightly better. He has to be judged on his transfers which are crap and what he has done this year- Finish bottom of a european group. He's simply not good enough. If you can't handle a wee runt like McGeady and he's arguing back to you what hope do you have?

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MON got us to the uefa cup final too. Strachan can't even get us into the uefa cup ffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MON got us to the uefa cup final too. Strachan can't even get us into the uefa cup ffs.
    Stupid argument, MON couldn't get us into the last 16 of the Champions League ffs!

There have been times when I have disagreed with some on Strachen's decisions but I do not want to see him leave. He wasn't lucky enough to inherit a team that had Larrson, Lubo, Petrov and a few others, nor is he able to spend £6 million pounds to bring good talent up from England like Hartson and Sutton. Celtic need to know their limitations, something I think that the board have realised but sadly some of the fans have not. We need to cut our debt (something we are doing rather well) and who knows, maybe in a few years when we are debt free and the economy is stable again we may be able to flash and until then we continue to win SPL after SPL then I will be happy.

I grew up watching Rangers win 9 in a row, that hurt a lot, I also saw Celtic nearly go bankrupt and will never forget the broken crest pictures in the papers. Now I am seeing some of the clubs fans moan at a manager who has won 3 league titles in a row, I just find it laughable.
    Last edited by J; December 19th, 2008 at 8:10 AM.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McGeady on the front page today.

It's not like him.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched Michael Mols play today. I loved him.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is his wife still a monster?

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm away down south for Christmas lads so I might not be back on here beforehand. 3-1 Rangers on Saturday.

Have a good Christmas, boys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's up for a round of the Hokey Cokey then.

Andy

It's gotten to an absolutely ridiculous stage now. Scottish football is an absolute joke.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAVE THAT AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS!! HAVE SUMA THAT ANDY!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Andy
    What?

If anything that proves my point. It was an awful match.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YAAAAAAAA EASY EASY EASY EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Birthday Melv,

Hope you had a great day.

Love Scott McDonald.
    xx

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres your birthday present from me mate

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too good.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha what a finish from McDonald. It's nice to see we can still beat them at Ibrox when only a few players turned up. And it's always nice to see Ferguson shit himself.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a bit shit, eh?

Great finish from McDonald but other than that the standard of footall was ridiculous.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course the quality is terrible. Sure we all know that.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course we know it. But when sitting watching the two best teams in the country being unable to do anything creative, anything good to watch, not being able to beat the first man from a corner 9 times out of 10 (this one is directed at Rangers) and not putting more than five passes together it really hits home.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told you this about a year ago and how boring the SPL has become but sure. Least we won and are that tiny bit better than a shite rangers team.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know you've went on about it for a while. Everyone has always known it, but that game, if you weren't a fan of either club, would have been unwatchable.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always listen to me mate. I know best. Look at the state of that today. Embarrassing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least Thistle won at last.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I know, it was.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we get that £5m bid from Newcastle for Barry, I hope we flog him.

James Traynor sums it up perfectly:

"NEWCASTLE want Barry Ferguson.

Christmas has come late to Ibrox.

Word that the Premiership side are interested in buying Ferguson has to be the best piece of news Rangers have heard since Paul Le Guen told them the blood and snotters of the Scottish game wasn't for him.

Old Joe Kinnear has been telling everyone he wants to sign the Rangers captain and although the Ibrox hierarchy haven't been contacted yet, surely they must be rubbing their hands in anticipation.

If they're smart they'll get on the blower to Newcastle right away and secure a nice, fat cheque in return for Ferguson, a player whose popularity continues to outstrip his ability.

If Ferguson does indeed have magical powers then he uses them only to dupe the masses into believing he is a player of extraordinary ability when, in fact, he's too often little better than mediocre.

But a myth has been allowed to grow around this player and anyone who chooses to stand apart and look at his contributions with a critical eye is immediately branded an idiot who has no knowledge or appreciation of the game's intricacies.

"You're talking through your a***, mate.

Barry Ferguson, Baz, Bazza, Fergie? Great player. One of the best ever. Rangers would be nothing without him and the same goes for Scotland."

Actually, it is legitimate to ask if the opposite might be true for that club and our national team but somehow Ferguson has been moved in to a position where he cannot lose.

He has become great and almost heroic without ever having to prove any of it is true.

When Rangers struggle to win it is never his fault and yet he is meant to have skills beyond the ordinary.And he is the captain.

Also,when Scotland fail it is never his fault.

And yes,he is the national team captain,too.

It's a surprise the law hasn't been changed to make it an offence to criticise Ferguson because he has so many fawning followers out there, especially in the papers. Even former footballers, who really ought to know better, talk him up.

The same thing happened with Paul McStay. He was another player who had greatness bestowed upon him without the need to earn it.

So now we are all supposed to accept Ferguson is a wondrous talent even though he wouldn't make it into a Rangers' best 11.

And he certainly wouldn't be up there as one of the club's greatest skippers.

Ferguson has no idea how to lead a team.

He's too busy concentrating on himself and on how he is performing to help those around him.

All those who think he is a star need to ask themselves how often their hero stepped forward to show the way when Rangers were under pressure. Rarely is the answer and he hardly ever intimidates opposing midfield players.

The truth could be that he isn't brave enough and for evidence just think back to the last Old Firm match squeezed in between Christmas and the New Year.

Celtic's Scott Brown, Paul Hartley and Barry Robson did exactly what Ferguson fails to do.

Through their own energy, desire and courage they dragged their team-mates to victory but it is blindingly obvious Ferguson doesn't possess the skills or the mentality to be a genuine great of the game. Frankly it's hysterical that so many fans are in awe of him.

No doubt they'll be calling on Rangers to reject any offers but that would be extreme folly. If Kinnear is daft enough to want Ferguson then Rangers should do business as quickly as possible and get rid of him.

He wouldn't be such a big miss and other players such as Pedro Mendes and Steve Davis might even flourish because Ferguson's presence in a team seems to have the effect of subduing those around him. It's as though even they are in awe and feel they should operate in his shadow.

The same thing happens when he plays for Scotland and although it could be argued the likes of Mendes, Davis, Brown and Darren Fletcher should be confident and good enough to get on with business no matter who is in their teams, it might be time to see Ferguson for what he really is.

He can be exceptional but is just as frequently average and a sense of reality needs to be applied when talking about Ferguson, who might even have come to believe he is more important than anyone else at Ibrox.

The stand-off with Le Guen,who was never fooled by Ferguson and stripped him of the captaincy,added to the myth because the player survived while the manager had to leave but the Frenchman got it right.

He believed Ferguson's influence might not be in the club's best interests and it would be surprising if others at Ibrox have not yet come to believe the same thing.

Ferguson is not one of those players who can't be sold off. He isn't a Paul Scholes or a Steven Gerrard. Right now he isn't even a Scott Brown. Kinnear and Newcastle could be about to do Rangers a massive favour and if an offer is made David Murray should take it. Hard as it might be for many of their fans to accept, the club wouldn't fall apart without this one ordinary individual."

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steven Davis > Ferguson

Kinnear should be after him or Mendes

Andy
    He's fucking shit. Wiould be ridiculous if this went through.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ferguson isn't shit, although maybe moving to the Premiership will improve him as a player. Whenever he plays for Scotland there's a massive difference, so while Rangers may improve as a team without him, this can only benefit Scotland.

Also it's likely he might actually be fit for a game once in a while.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant article, agree 100%

The huns need to sit up and ask: "What have you done for me lately, Barry?"

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should have been gone during the Le Guen nonsense. I remember that being argued a lot on here.

£5m for a player who seen his best days years ago, who will never be entirely fully fit again, who is a shit captain, who slows us down, who the team plays better without and whos presence is having a bad effect on other players is a great offer. That, and the fact that we need money, selling him may allow us to keep hold of our better players. Selling Barry could give us that security to be able to reject any offers for other players that we would have usually accepted.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Selling Novo would be an absolute joke for you lot, by the way.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's not much been said about Novo at all to be honest. Deportivo saying they were looking at him was all I heard.

I'm sure we can safely assume what you said in the other thread about Madrid looking at him was nonsense.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sky Sports News saying Rangers prepared to sell Boyd if Birmingham up their £3m bid. Get the cash out Eck, I always liked you!

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah something about Kilmarnock having 20% sell on clause so Rangers want 4m

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye, they've got a sell on clause. 20% I believe.

I REALLY don't want him to go. I love him.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I REALLY want him to go. Rangers would be fucked.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're 5 points behind in the league. What do you do? Sell the player who will get you goals.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good thing he hasn't went yet then, eh?

BBC reckon Sunderland and Fulham are on to him now too.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad news for Rangers. Sure there's always David Healy.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A breakdown, if anyone is interested, in Boyd's goals for Rangers. First colum is at Ibrox, second column is away and the third colum is obviously overall.

Aberdeen 7 0 7
    Celtic 1 0 1
    Dundee Utd 2 5 7
    Dunfermline 1 1 2
    Falkirk 4 2 6
    Gretna 2 0 2
    Hamilton 3 2 5
    Hearts 5 1 6
    Hibernian 2 2 4
    Inverness 4 4 8
    Kilmarnock 4 8 12
    Livingston 2 0 2
    Motherwell 3 2 5
    St Mirren 3 1 4
    TOTAL 71

He must stay.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Herald
    "Peter Lovenkrands is willing to accept a token wage to return to Rangers after being released by Schalke 04.

Lovenkrands returned to his Glasgow home yesterday with his wife and child and has been offered training facilities at Murray Park by the manager, Walter Smith.

Rangers have consistently ruled out a return for the attacker for financial reasons but sources close to the Dane last night claimed he is prepared to reject all interested parties - Blackburn Rovers, West Ham United, Villarreal and Marseille - to stay in Scotland.

advertisement
    The 28-year-old earned £40,000 per week at Schalke and has received a severance package for the remaining six months of his contract. He has made around £5m in total since joining Rangers from AB Copenhagen in 1999 and, while he could earn around £20,000 per week elsewhere, he will make it known to Rangers that he will accept a rate of pay in line with lower-ranking first-team players in order to stay in Glasgow for the sake of his family Lovenkrands admitted his regret at leaving Rangers despite the Germans doubling his salary. "There have been times when I have wondered what would have happened if I had stayed on and then had the chance to work under Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Kenny McDowall, all of whom I know are good men," he said. "I was not to know things were going to work out the way they have. That is hard to take at times."

Lovenkrands would be welcomed back by the majority of the Rangers support and could provide a cost-effective solution to the left midfield problem. Charlie Adam has been told he can leave, Lee McCulloch is attracting interest from Ipswich Town, Rangers will listen to offers for winger DaMarcus Beasley while Kyle Lafferty, who is out with a knee injury, will be given a run up front when he recovers."
    I don't get the "would be welcomed back by the majority of the Rangers support" part - a lot of Rangers fans were calling for his head whilst he was here. I'd have him back only if he was used as a striker - he was absolutely brilliant up top for us. If the plan would be to have him on the left again then I'd say no. Assuming the story is true, that is.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovenkrands was possibly the most inconsistent player I've ever seen. He would either be immense or fucking shit.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I said, he was terrible on the wing. If he was played up front, his actual position, then I would take him. This is only if Boyd goes.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is too quiet.

You're online as I type this, Melv, what can we do? Something for a bit of interest. A wee prediction contest for the run-in to the end of the seasn or something?

Used to pretty good in here

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've pretty much lost interest in the SPL these days. The football is gash and the Old Firm are getting worse instead of better.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granted.

We should do something to spark interest in here though. The thread just lingers in the middle of the page for ages on end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Melv View Post
    Lovenkrands was possibly the most inconsistent player I've ever seen. He would either be immense or fucking shit.
    He did have a knack for important goals - the Cup final and Inter come to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidUK View Post
    This thread is too quiet.

You're online as I type this, Melv, what can we do? Something for a bit of interest. A wee prediction contest for the run-in to the end of the seasn or something?

Used to pretty good in here
    I could always rant about how Thistle are

A) shit
    B) inconsistent
    C) in dire straits finiancially
    D) so am I, so I can't even go and see them being shit

But I wouldn't want to bore everyone.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here's something to talk about:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ty/7828495.stm

Where we're going to get £100,000 from is beyond me. Could spell the end of Glebe Park.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about Thistle is better than nothing.

Had a glance at the League there - you're not doing too badly. St. Johnstone seem to be flying, if the commentators in their game against us were anything to go by. Losing to us was what, their first loss in ten games, or something?

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where we're going to get £100,000 from is beyond me. Could spell the end of Glebe Park.
    I seen the headline about this when I was looking at the league tables.

Doesn't sound too promising. Are you still playing your games at Glebe Park in the meantime?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brechin wont get into Europe anytime soon though, so they don't need to fix their pitch, since no one else has and the UEFA guidelines have been around for years.

Of course, now I say that you're winning next season's Scottish Cup*.

You're out the CUp this season, aye? Stopped paying attention after a certain 3-0 debacle.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah. There's been talk for the past couple of years of us moving to a new ground - maybe this will be the final straw.

I just think it's ridiculous to force a club to increase the size of their pitch by 3 yards when it's going to cost over £100,000.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Brechin wont get into Europe anytime soon though, so they don't need to fix their pitch, since no one else has and the UEFA guidelines have been around for years.

Of course, now I say that you're winning next season's Scottish Cup*.

You're out the CUp this season, aye? Stopped paying attention after a certain 3-0 debacle.
    It's not to do with getting into Europe. The SFA are changing their guidelines to be in line with UEFA's, in order for all the clubs to obtain a 'club license'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talking about Thistle is better than nothing.

Had a glance at the League there - you're not doing too badly. St. Johnstone seem to be flying, if the commentators in their game against us were anything to go by. Losing to us was what, their first loss in ten games, or something?
    St Johnstone are good. And by good, I mean consistent. No one else in our division seems to be able to continually string results together. Us, Livie, Dunfermline, Queens etc have done a few but not enough, and Dundee have underperfomed.

I know fans from every team in that division. After mostly every game it's "your lot were one of the best we've played, if you had a striker you'd be up there". We just throw it all away far too often, and dont have anyone who can stick it in the net no bother. Mark Roberts was meant to be that, but so far this season he's scored none in 19!

Ian McCall keeps talking about buying in a proven striker. And keeps talking about it.
    Last edited by MichaelC; January 16th, 2009 at 10:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not to do with getting into Europe. The SFA are changing their guidelines to be in line with UEFA's, in order for all the clubs to obtain a 'club license'.
    Then it's beyond stupid. Is this for all SFA clubs? So Spartans and Cove Rangers need UEFA quality pitches?

What about Montrose and Peterhead?

Changing Scottish football for the better should be so simple a chimpanzee could do it - so how come no one in charge of the SFA ever seems to make a sensible idea?

We can hope common sense prevails.

Intercontinental Champion Curly Toe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really is a load of rubbish.

The highest Brechin will ever get is the First Division unless there's some sort of minor miracle.

There's really no need at all for the pitch to be extended any time in the near future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Curly Toe View Post
    It really is a load of rubbish.

The highest Brechin will ever get is the First Division unless there's some sort of minor miracle.

There's really no need at all for the pitch to be extended any time in the near future.
    If they want all member clubs to do it, hardly any of them have the resources and so none of them will do it. Unless needed asap to get into Europe, and even then, borrowing a ground tends to happen.

It's unworkable in principle.

Brechin have been in the First Division 3 times in the last six seasons. They've not finished above tenth. They probably dont even need to worry about SPL requirements at the moment.*

*Now hopefully Melv doesn't remember what the score was last time our sides faced off...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Questions at the Halfway Point

1. Who's winning the SPL this season now?
    2. Scottish Cup?
    3. Finishing 3/4th (ie the European slots for the non-Old Firm)
    4. Relegated?
    5 Promoted from the First Division?

6. Where will Brechin finish in the 2nd?
    7. Will Thistle ever be in the SPL again?

8. Next SPL manager to get sacked?
    9 Next SFL manager to get sacked? (for those in the know)

10. Next manager to have a right old moan to the press?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really hate the Huns right now, jammy bastards.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aberdeen were excellent today while we were dreadful. Who was it calling for Mark Brown to replace Boruc before? State of him. Caldwell and McManus were awful too.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Questions at the Halfway Point

1. Who's winning the SPL this season now?
    2. Scottish Cup?
    3. Finishing 3/4th (ie the European slots for the non-Old Firm)
    4. Relegated?
    5 Promoted from the First Division?

6. Where will Brechin finish in the 2nd?
    7. Will Thistle ever be in the SPL again?

8. Next SPL manager to get sacked?
    9 Next SFL manager to get sacked? (for those in the know)

10. Next manager to have a right old moan to the press?
    1 - Rangers.
    2 - Rangers.
    3 - Dundee United/Hearts.
    4 - Inverness.
    5 - St. Johnstone.
    6 - 3rd.
    7 - Yes.
    8 - Unless Hearts, you know, be Hearts, then Brewster.
    9 - No idea.
    10 - Smith/Strachan.

Andy
    Dunfermline are coming back up you fools.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boyd needs to fuck off or we're in trouble.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 - Unless Hearts, you know, be Hearts, then Brewster.

Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Boyd needs to fuck off or we're in trouble.
    Boyd has to stay or we're in trouble.

You might not need to worry about your result with Aberdeen. We're up there next and if memory serves me right we haven't won there in six attempts. We should do it, but they'll be confident and right up for it after beating you lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it a sign of Hearts that as soon as I saw that I went to check if Laszlo had gotten the heave off!

Boyd has to stay or we're in trouble.

You might not need to worry about your result with Aberdeen. We're up there next and if memory serves me right we haven't won there in six attempts. We should do it, but they'll be confident and right up for it after beating you lot.
    Boyd is the Ally McCoist of the current Rangers side, basically. Even if he does sod all the entire match, he can still pop in and win it at the end, and those points will be vital.

Aberdeen aren't very good at back-to-back Old Firm games though, are they? I seem to recall they do well against one, then the next game they lose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last time we had back-to-back games against the Old Firm was in 2004 when we beat Celtic 3-2 at Parkhead on the Wednesday and lost 5-0 at Ibrox on the Sunday.

At least I think that's the last time we played them back-to-back.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the last I remember it anyway. You scored a last minute winner against Celtic, I think.

I can still remember hearing "BRING ON THE RANGERS" over the radio

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye we did.

It didn't help that Jimmy went 244 when we were 2-0 down at Ibrox of course.

Andy
    What a goal

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Diayrgo Maradona.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ayr today, gone tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not enough upsets this year in the Cup.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My old man had a few quid on 3-1 Kilmarnock

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the last I remember it anyway. You scored a last minute winner against Celtic, I think.

I can still remember hearing "BRING ON THE RANGERS" over the radio
    Oh yes, I remember that. I thought they'd done the head to head since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Toe View Post
    The last time we had back-to-back games against the Old Firm was in 2004 when we beat Celtic 3-2 at Parkhead on the Wednesday and lost 5-0 at Ibrox on the Sunday.

At least I think that's the last time we played them back-to-back.
    You beat Celtic at Parkhead twice in six months. The first time was a 2-1 with a win at the end too, and I remember that one because that result relegated Thistle from the SPL!

My old man had a few quid on 3-1 Kilmarnock
    Well that's not too bad.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We should see off Aberdeen, really. No doubt it'll be hard but we will pull it off.

I'm not too sure if we'll see more of Fleck against them - McCoist was saying today that we're going to "protect" him.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-1 Rangers.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hahaha stick that up your arse!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Fleck is going to be a superstar. He will lead us to the title. A point isn't disastrous today, although I would like to have seen us actually go for the win. We looked really dangerous with about five minutes to go, but time ran out. Walter should have more confidence in the lads.

Andy
    We'll buy this Fleck boy before the month is out.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was looking forward to the Dunfermline game today.

Someone at Saints forgot to switch the heating on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watch Celtic draw Hibs now, and there'll be no change in the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody Queen of the South, is all I'll say.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stranraer 2-8 Stirling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Stranraer 2-8 Stirling.
    I don't know what's more embarrassing for Stranrear, that they lost like that at home, or that they let Stirling score 8 away goals in the one season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crikey, Rangers can't even win after nailing Langfield and forcing us to put an absolute tube in goals.

Oocha

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Monday View Post

John Fleck is going to be a superstar. He will lead us to the title. A point isn't disastrous today, although I would like to have seen us actually go for the win. We looked really dangerous with about five minutes to go, but time ran out. Walter should have more confidence in the lads.
    I'm not happy with the point. I had a feeling he would play McCulloch, but as a holding midfielder? Fuck off, I'm better than him. PLAY BOYD EVERY TIME SMITH YOU CLOWN.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    We'll buy this Fleck boy before the month is out.
    Please don't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boyd didn't really do much to prove Smith wrong though.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which in itself is a surprise. That speaks volumes - that people are surprised when he DOESN'T score in a match.

He might not have done much in the time he got - but given the ninety minutes he would have been a bigger threat than what he had.

PHIL IVEY
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boyd isn't really the type of player that makes a good impact substitute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say I was surprised when I saw that Boyd wasn't in the starting eleven, thought right there that Aberdeen could have gotten something from the game. Any rumours going about with a reason for him being benched? Do you think it was Smith trying to prove to everyone that the team could survive without Boyd if he does go?

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will have been purely because we were at Pittodrie.

I'm still looking for the day when Ferguson isn't on the team sheet. I've been saying for years that he's being going visibily downhill. I'm reminded of this because Saturday was his best performance for a long time and still he was crap. I just saw a stat on a Rangers website that shows the amount of assists and goals our midfielders have in the games they have played. Barry has the least. Charlie Adam (for fuck sake) has done more than Barry even though he has played fewer matches.

We Welcome the Chase
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SCOTT SEVERIN is ready to quit Aberdeen at the end of the season after rejecting the club’s final offer of a new contract.

The skipper’s current deal ends in the summer and boss Jimmy Calderwood is keen to keep the former Scotland star.

But Dons director of football Willie Miller insists Severin and the rest of the players whose contracts are coming to an end have been made take-it-or-leave-it offers.

Now the man who was Caldo’s first signing at Pittodrie in June 2004 is set to go.

The versatile player was brought in from Hearts under freedom of contract and was handed the armband when Russell Anderson left for Sunderland 18 months ago.

Severin has been outstanding in the centre of defence this season and was Dons’ best player in last weekend’s draw with Rangers.

On that sort of form there should be no shortage of teams interested in the 29- year-old who can also play in midfield.

Jamie Smith, Lee Mair, Derek Young and Darren Mackie have also received what Miller believes are decent offers to stay on.

Miller said: “The club has made very reasonable offers. The ball is in the players’ court now because these offers will not be increased.” Jeffrey de Visscher was also out of contract at the end of the season but he has returned to Holland to join Cambur.

The midfielder signed from De Graafschap made just 24 starts in 18 months at Pittodrie and was allowed to leave for free.

Calderwood revealed: “Jeffrey came to see me when he was left out of the team ten days ago and I told him I would not hinder his career.

“He has been a good player for me and I felt it was right to let him leave if he found a club back in Holland.

“He would get down if he wasn’t playing but his attitude was always spot on in training.

“We’ve enough people who can cover the right side of midfield so there’s no need to bring anyone else in.”

Teenage full-back Stuart Smith has also left Dons for Peterhead.

ARNIE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Kyle has been linked with Kilmarnock, please to fuck let this happen.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)