User Tag List

Page 1082 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 1072107810791080108110821083108410851086 ... LastLast
Results 108,101 to 108,200 of 108985

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Discussion Thread

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So just to confirm then, Underscore is in fact Jesus Sucks and he has been unbanned after he called a fellow posters work to try and get him sacked?

Asking for a friend.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I didn't unban him. When Underscore came back I checked and JS was not under the banned list. I'm not sure who unbanned him and there's no way to see who did it and was likely done before I was even a mod.

Underscore is also not a name change for JS just based off everything he says we know he's JS. But you're basically asking me to go and ban someone for something that happened when I wasn't a mod and that according to the records the ban had ended.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Since multiple people seem to think it's the case. JS is not banned so this is not a sock circumventing a permaban.

Having said that, you've had your fun and you can gloat about your title, but enough bringing others into it. And RP stop trying to bait people into saying things to get them banned.

No problem Pablo, agree with that, you’re right to step in if things are getting out of hand. No issues there.
    Go through my posts and hopefully you’ll see it’s all about the football, nothing personal. It’s the football thread afterall and anything bringing up non football related things deserves a permanent ban. Totally agree.

Obviously it was a fun few years for non-Liverpool Fans, enjoying the fact we hadn’t won the league, enjoying the Kiev defeat. Now that Liverpool are back on their perch as the biggest, most succesful team England’s ever seen, smashing everyone, getting 99 points along with the Premier League Title Champions League UEFA Super Cup and Fifa Club World Cupto cement themselves as the best ever English side and lapping up Quadruples left right and center I understand this is difficult for people. Excruciating in fact. I mean, can you imagine!? I get that. Nobody saw it coming, they were used to giving it out and now the tables have turned in the most beautiful, hilarious way imaginable.. they don’t like it. I Don’t mean on here of course, just generally speaking as a general observation. I know nobody on here is that petty and jealous and this entire place is famous for the good natured, light hearted banter with no malice intended. Definitely no malice from me, just football banter. Hope that’s made my position clear and all the best Pablo cheers for the reply. Hope all’s well mate.
    Last edited by Underscore_; August 7th, 2020 at 2:35 PM.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    So just to confirm then, Underscore is in fact Jesus Sucks and he has been unbanned after he called a fellow posters work to try and get him sacked?

Asking for a friend.
    Jesus Sucks was unbanned for ages after that. His 'permaban' was for something else.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What was he permabanned for?

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well once you find out you can start asking the mods to reban him for it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t get over how unbelievably happy and joyous I am at the ongoing Liverpool FC related festivities. Nevermind Virgil Van Dijk, I’m singing and dancing like Dick Van Dyke after every single Liverpool win. It’s amazing... before every game you sit there and think “yeahh, think our luck’ll finally run out today, no way we’ll win again. We’ve already won practically every game for the last 3 years. Surely we won’t somehow scrape another last minute Tap-In, win 1-0 and go on to heroically seal The Quadruple.” Then like magic, we do!!!! You couldn’t make it up! I mean I don’t wanna say it’s easy, but it’s really easy just pummelling all the teams I hate every week. Honestly don’t think it’s possible to enjoy all this any more than I am like. I mean, even if we only do half as well between this June and next June as we did between June 2019 and 2020... we’ll STILL win 2 Trophies!

Thank you Klopp. So happy we got Klopp. Really pleased he came here instead of anyone else. I remember Piers Morgan crying saying he wanted him for whatever team he supports, and how gutted he was Liverpool got him. Thankfully, I got to enjoy his phenomenal attacking football, record 18 match winning streak and the fact we now absolutely pong of Trophies. The good trophies, too.... Not the shit ones. Things can’t get any better than this. So happy with how the football’s going. Goes to show that the good guys get what they deserve in the end. Nobody deserved this more than the people of the city of Liverpool, and because of that fact, we now get rewarded with this incredible team.
    Last edited by Underscore_; August 2nd, 2020 at 2:55 PM.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Well once you find out you can start asking the mods to reban him for it.
    So actually you don't know then. It's been mentioned multiple times over the years that he was banned for calling up Cunchas office and if he did do that then he should be permabanned for it.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely delighted for Arteta that he has won his first trophy as a manager barely 6 months in, and beating both City and Chelsea to do it.

The players now have a plan to execute, and seem to be getting stronger each time. So many players seem rejuvenated under him, and with a couple of decent transfer windows we can really look forward to the future.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So actually you don't know then. It's been mentioned multiple times over the years that he was banned for calling up Cunchas office and if he did do that then he should be permabanned for it.
    So why did they let him back for years after it then, was he out on probation?

Simon
    Who gives a shit, the forum is dead anyway

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    That's the spirit POTTY.

Simon
    If you needed proof that the forum is dead, me winning POTTY would be a good place to start

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    JS didn't get permabanned from what I remember he posted something about a bomb going off at a Rajah meet then said he wasnt posting here ever again.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fellow Liverpool Fans hear me out; Joey Barton went to prison once absolutely ages ago. He’s a bitter Everton Fan, a scumbag and I don’t like him. I would therefore like to reform prisons so that after someone has served their sentence, about 15 years later they should be randomly rearrested and sent back to prison forever. Especially if it’s someone who supports a team I hate. In fact, only if it’s someone who supports a team I hate. If that person supports Liverpool I couldn’t give a fuck what sort of person they are, even if they’re a Neo Nazi and waged a year long campaign of racial abuse on someone (which is illegal nowadays) over a trivial disagreement about football. It’d be really annoying having to put up with someone who supported a team I hate having a bit of a gloat, because I was banking on that never happening and it’d piss me off having it all thrown back in my face if Liverpool simultaneously became absolutely shit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Haha love the hatred for other team fans. I pretty much have the same attitude towards Leeds fans.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess threatening to nail bomb a group of posters you don't like and calling someone's work to try and get them sacked should also be criminal offences....OH WAIT

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, pretty sure he vaguely threatened to send a nail bomb to a Rajah meet, I think that was mostly aimed at me and Rosk.

Quote Originally Posted by Underscore_ View Post
    Can’t get over how unbelievably happy and joyous I am at the ongoing Liverpool FC related festivities. Nevermind Virgil Van Dijk, I’m singing and dancing like Dick Van Dyke after every single Liverpool win. It’s amazing... before every game you sit there and think “yeahh, think our luck’ll finally run out today, no way we’ll win again. We’ve already won practically every game for the last 3 years. Surely we won’t somehow scrape another last minute Tap-In, win 1-0 and go on to heroically seal The Quadruple.” Then like magic, we do!!!! You couldn’t make it up! I mean I don’t wanna say it’s easy, but it’s really easy just pummelling all the teams I hate every week. Honestly don’t think it’s possible to enjoy all this any more than I am like. I mean, even if we only do half as well between this June and next June as we did between June 2019 and 2020... we’ll STILL win 2 Trophies!

Thank you Klopp. So happy we got Klopp. Really pleased he came here instead of anyone else. I remember Piers Morgan crying saying he wanted him for whatever team he supports, and how gutted he was Liverpool got him. Thankfully, I got to enjoy his phenomenal attacking football, record 18 match winning streak and the fact we now absolutely pong of Trophies. The good trophies, too.... Not the shit ones. Things can’t get any better than this. So happy with how the football’s going. Goes to show that the good guys get what they deserve in the end. Nobody deserved this more than the people of the city of Liverpool, and because of that fact, we now get rewarded with this incredible team.
    Congratulations. I can't imagine how good it must be seeing a team you've supported your whole life finally ascend back to the top of the pile. My club are currently in the worst position they've been in my lifetime. It's not quite so fun.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Fuck the championship League one is where it's at.

I will no do doubt be quoting this post after the new season and saying the same about League Two.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck @Torn hoping you can do it. Mainly because I hope Fulham will implode

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Good luck @Torn hoping you can do it. Mainly because I hope Fulham will implode
    Get fucked Fulham.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any spares for the Charity Shield?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely delighted for Arteta that he has won his first trophy as a manager barely 6 months in, and beating both City and Chelsea to do it.

The players now have a plan to execute, and seem to be getting stronger each time. So many players seem rejuvenated under him, and with a couple of decent transfer windows we can really look forward to the future.
    Honestly think you’ll be like us for like 5 years winning cups and finishing mid table. Times Arsenal have been good they’ve been awful more. Still a lot of work to get back challenging the league again. What is it now 17 years? The years soon creep up don’t they

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JS didn’t say he personally would personally bomb anyone, that’s a lie. JS actually used a metaphor, since the meet was happening in a pub in london, some of which had famously been the target of a Neo Nazi nail bomber in the 1990s. he sarcastically said “The London nail bomber” might blow the Meet up, and meant it’d be ironic due to their open courting of friendship with a proud London based Neo Nazi. Obviously nothing happened and nobody built a bomb, sent a bomb, threatened a bomb or knows how to build one.

That’s a funny banter thread where nobody is being entirely serious and it’s just sour grapes and bitterness because Liverpool won the league to pipe up years later crying foul when nobody (including themselves) was arsed at the time or as recently as 2017. like Pablo said can we, as in all of us, call it quits and end this load of bollocks and misinformation and stick to football. It’s the football thread, for football. I only came to have a bit of a well earned gloat, I have no intention of staying and posting regularly. This salty overreaction and obvious fragile ego from several posters who contacted the mods and still pushed the issue like a crybaby after the moderator told them to bore off is both ridiculous and very, very funny.

Great playoff final earlier. Very much looking forward to another campaign next season hopefully twatting everyone again. Hope Man City (by the way... the REAL team who are our rivals and I’m arsed about... I couldn’t give 2 fucks about shitty Arsenal anymore) lose to Real Madrid and don’t win the Champions League. This is the greatest Premier League Era rivalry we’ve ever seen or will ever see, everyone knows it, the world knows it and no amount of pretending it’s still 2004 alters that fact.

Cheers Mik and although I took the piss in my initial post, I wouldn’t be bothered if Sunderland got promoted to The Championship. Can’t wish you well in the Premier League as I only wish 1 team well in The Premier League; Liverpool. Every single other team in the Premier League can kiss our Quadruple winning arses. Everyone in this entire Premier League can get fucked. everyone decided to lose on purpose to Man City in the run-in in 2018/19 so we didn’t win the League, then revelled in it afterwards. We made you all pay this season and in the CL Final, Supercup and Club World Cup, god it felt great, and we will keep making you pay every season under Klopp. Everyone just has to suck it up and stop being a little bitch about it. We had to take the banter for years everyone gave it out mercilessly and now the shoe’s on the other foot, nobody saw it coming and people don’t like it. Which is fucking great.
    Last edited by Underscore_; August 5th, 2020 at 2:17 AM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry torn. I knew Derby had bad luck in the playoffs didn't think I could fucking pass it on to you

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Honestly think you’ll be like us for like 5 years winning cups and finishing mid table. Times Arsenal have been good they’ve been awful more. Still a lot of work to get back challenging the league again. What is it now 17 years? The years soon creep up don’t they
    Barely half way to 30 though

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JS didn’t say he personally would personally bomb anyone, that’s a lie. JS actually used a metaphor, since the meet was happening in a pub in london, some of which had famously been the target of a Neo Nazi nail bomber in the 1990s. he sarcastically said “The London nail bomber” might blow the Meet up, and meant it’d be ironic due to their open courting of friendship with a proud London based Neo Nazi. Obviously nothing happened and nobody built a bomb, sent a bomb, threatened a bomb or knows how to build one.

That’s a funny banter thread where nobody is being entirely serious and it’s just sour grapes and bitterness because Liverpool won the league to pipe up years later crying foul when nobody (including themselves) was arsed at the time or as recently as 2017. like Pablo said can we, as in all of us, call it quits and end this load of bollocks and misinformation and stick to football. It’s the football thread, for football. I only came to have a bit of a well earned gloat, I have no intention of staying and posting regularly. This salty overreaction and obvious fragile ego from several posters who contacted the mods and still pushed the issue like a crybaby after the moderator told them to bore off is both ridiculous and very, very funny.

Great playoff final earlier. Very much looking forward to another campaign next season hopefully twatting everyone again. Hope Man City (by the way... the REAL team who are our rivals and I’m arsed about... I couldn’t give 2 fucks about shitty Arsenal anymore) lose to Real Madrid and don’t win the Champions League. This is the greatest Premier League Era rivalry we’ve ever seen or will ever see, everyone knows it, the world knows it and no amount of pretending it’s still 2004 alters that fact.

Cheers Mik and although I took the piss in my initial post, I wouldn’t be bothered if Sunderland got promoted to The Championship. Can’t wish you well in the Premier League as I only wish 1 team well in The Premier League; Liverpool. Every single other team in the Premier League can kiss our Quadruple winning arses. Everyone in this entire Premier League can get fucked. everyone decided to lose on purpose to Man City in the run-in in 2018/19 so we didn’t win the League, then revelled in it afterwards. We made you all pay this season and in the CL Final, Supercup and Club World Cup, god it felt great, and we will keep making you pay every season under Klopp. Everyone just has to suck it up and stop being a little bitch about it. We had to take the banter for years everyone gave it out mercilessly and now the shoe’s on the other foot, nobody saw it coming and people don’t like it. Which is fucking great.
    Last edited by Romford Pele; August 5th, 2020 at 5:00 AM. Reason: Can't be arsed

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The takeover collapse has made poor @Rip lose his mind on twitter. I mean I understand the frustration and the PL ain't no paragon of virtue, But are the Saudis not funding a pirate station illegally showing PL games!

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Ashley though....tough call.

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Sorry torn. I knew Derby had bad luck in the playoffs didn't think I could fucking pass it on to you

Simon
    By "can't be arsed" do you mean "fair play, he has made me look a foolish hypocrite"?

The Rosk
    After the glory of staying up, Villa now have a job to do. We need a centre forward and a winger or two pretty desperately. I don't think we need tons of players. Adding 3-4 of real quality in important areas will push us up to midtable IMO. Keeping Jack is a must, if he goes then we need to replace with significant players, not in the £8-10m average bracket we had to do when we got promoted. Konsa stepping up post-lockdown was great to see. Him being consistent along with Heaton, Mings, McGinn, Luiz and Grealish is a strong spine. But we were woeful in the final third last year and it almost killed us.

Would love to have any of the following: Eze, Benrahma, Buendia, Edouard, Tammy

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    The takeover collapse has made poor @Rip lose his mind on twitter. I mean I understand the frustration and the PL ain't no paragon of virtue, But are the Saudis not funding a pirate station illegally showing PL games!
    Agreed Rip is chatting a load of shit, all this petitioning bollocks is embarassing.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    By "can't be arsed" do you mean "fair play, he has made me look a foolish hypocrite"?
    Yeah I didn't say anything because I thought I'd misunderstood, But no, Rom said he missed him a few times lols.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far the rumour mill has Norwich selling:

Godfrey to AC Milan for £30M
    Aarons to Bayern Munich for £20M
    Lewis to Liverpool for £20M
    Buendia to Atletico Madrid for £25M

Nothing yet on Cantwell, but he would be worth £20-25M too.

That is a lot money...

Simon
    Really does beg the question how on earth did you manage to get relegated with so many players wanted by top European sides

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 3 young defenders needed better guidance on the pitch, and tactically we were too naive to set up to absorb pressure without the ball. Farke, for good and bad, wanted to play the same brand of football that brought us to the table.

Simon
    It's mad, I think there are at least five players I'd take at Spurs in a heartbeat.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not at all. I forgot what an annoying prick he actually is until he returned.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if Mark Hammer is permabanned for what he did, then JS definitely should be for the nail bomb incident and calling peoples work to get them sacked.

Simon
    No, not at all. I forgot what an annoying prick he actually is until he returned.
    Annoying prick or not he has absolutely made you look like a hypocrite and an idiot.

The Rosk
    And if Mark Hammer is permabanned for what he did, then JS definitely should be for the nail bomb incident and calling peoples work to get them sacked.
    Has it really been ten years since all this? Bloody hell, too old for this shit.

I genuinely hope Tim is doing OK in life and not taking the internet as seriously as he once did.

Congrats on the trophies, Liverpool fully deserved it and were a joy to watch. The club clearly means more than anything else to him, and so let him bask in the glory. I know I bloody would if Villa ever won anything. Having said that, it is a shame that the mighty Villa absolutely destroyed Liverpool 5-0 to stop them winning another trophy - I think a five trophy haul would have probably been too much.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Annoying prick or not he has absolutely made you look like a hypocrite and an idiot.
    What because I said I missed his brand of madness? Opinions can change you know.

The Rosk
    What because I said I missed his brand of madness? Opinions can change you know.
    You're right.

By the way, I like you.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by TraXX View Post

That is a lot money...
    Really does beg the question how on earth did you manage to get relegated with so many players wanted by top European sides
    Our outgoings when we finished dead last in the PL on 2016 were

Gueye £7.1m
    Clark £5m
    Sinclair £3.5m

Combined: £15.6m

Norwich with 21pts and finishing dead last will apparently sell five players for £120m.

OK. If Farke did a decent job enough to be trusted, and nobody put in real shithouse performances elsewhere in the team, I don't really understand how that can be justified outside of "it's a buyer's market".

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, what do each of you think you need for next season?

In my view, Arsenal need a CB, CM, CAM and Winger, plus a striker if Auba goes.

I'm not crazy about Coutinho or Willian to be honest. Willian seems likely but a 3 year deal for a 32 year old (next week) doesn't seem smart. Likewise the money on Coutinho for a season.

Simon
    Left back
    Right back
    Defensive mid
    Striker

The Rosk
    An 8th placed team not crazy about signing a 28yo who was sold on the basis of his PL performances for £100m+ 2 yrs ago. The mind boggles.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I should expand on that.

I think we will have very limited resources to play with, so unless we can generate significant funds by selling we will be blowing most/all of the budget for a loan player, when there are probably other cheaper (and perm) options out there that would allow us to buy in other positions.

The Rosk
    IMO Rajah Boyz FC need

LS who doesn't contantly have to put his bedsheets through the wash
    A GK who has working hands
    CM who doesn't have the turning circle of a tank
    An ANY who doesn't pump balls back to the keeper as hard as possible

Simon
    You mean a goalkeeper who can control a ball

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TraXX View Post

That is a lot money...
    I’d take Lewis all day me, him & Robbo sorted us at left back for years.

Oh and our social media fans "why are Liverpool, trying to sign Jamal Lewis, he's not as good as Andy Robertson" or “we we signing a player who’s just got relegated”

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Seems we're pushing for Havertz - supposedly he's keen and they just have to agree a fee with Leverkusen who want 80-100m Euros. Beyond that it seems we want a Goalkeeper to replace Kepa, a new Left Back and possibly a new Centre Back given the defensive woes. Sounds like Chilwell was the frontrunner for LB but Leicester wanted 80m. Tagliafico and Alex Telles were also discussed as cheaper alternatives but in the last couple of days there's been reports that we're in for Reguilón. Onana is probably the most likely candidate for goalkeeper but I'm not really sure. Declan Rice has also been linked and like Chilwell the fee would likely be huge.

We'll be trying to get what we can for the fringe players and perennial loanees now that the loan rules are changing. Not the ideal time to try and get maximum value but Marina Granovskaia has a pretty good record at negotiating sales and you'd expect Batshuayi, Bakayoko, Emerson, Zappacosta, probably Jorginho, probably one of the centre backs to generate a bit of cash. Then there's a load of others you might be able to get small fees for.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By signing these lads is he not pushing mount, callum Hudson adoi, Abraham and reuben Loftus cheek down the pecking order? I mean havertz and mount would be fighting for 1 spot?

I kinda thought a big part of the charm was the ties to youth team

The Rosk
    Surely with Giroud playing so many post COVID and Werner coming in, Tammy is going to be a bit part player now? Can we have him?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    A lot of people seem to think Mount and Havertz could both play as "8s" either side of Kanté or another DM. Mount's quite versatile and his performances lately suggest he may play a bit further back than he has done previously. He's been the best of our Academy players over the course of the season but still has a lot to learn. Either way, he's clearly a favourite of Lampard's and has played more minutes than anyone apart from Azpilicueta this season. I'd expect him to feature a lot next season.

Tammy was on fire first half of the season but he had an injury and then the lockdown happened before he was able to regain his form. Giroud's form has led to him being preferred in the starting line up and Abraham has looked pretty poor when he's had the chance. Also our attacking play has looked a bit more conventional since the restart and Giroud's hold up play is miles ahead of his. Werner is coming in and you'd think he'd be the primary choice for the striker role. However from what I've read he struggled as a lone striker for Leipzig so they used him off first Poulsen and then Schick and he was much better in that system. Perhaps we could see Werner and Abraham (or Giroud) together.

Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek both suffered long term injuries. In CHO's case he came back earlier than expected but performed in fits and starts, then the lockdown came. Since the restart he's looked all over the place. Ineffective going forward, completely inept and rash when tracking back. Luckily he's only 19, has a lot of time to mature and deserves some slack after such a major injury. He needs to play though and with Pulisic, Werner, Ziyech and possibly Havertz about there's four very talented and more experienced players ahead of him. Willian and Pedro are going but I still question whether or not he'll get the regular game time he needs. A loan has been rumoured. As for RLC, he'll turn 25 in January. His progress had already been stunted by injury and play time and despite his obvious talent he was always inconsistent. He looked to putting it altogether in the second half of the 18/19 season and then he infuriatingly suffered a ruptured achilles in a post-season friendly in the USA. Since returning he's looked surprisingly pacey but other than a cool assist for Abraham in one game, pretty dire. He's often looked more effective from the bench. I expect that's where we'll see him most next season. He's competing with Barkley at the moment but Barkley's probably going to be sold.

I loved the first half of the season with all the Academy players getting games and the exciting, if somewhat naive, football that resulted. But obviously the club wants to be competing for the league rather than competing for top four and going deep into the Champions League rather than only deep into the Europa League. I think the transfer bans, recent player sales and pandemic may have left Chelsea in a particularly strong position in the transfer market though (Liverpool deciding not to spend on Werner, Bayern on Havertz, etc.) and they're taking this opportunity to capitalise. I'd still be confident that a group of Academy players will form an important part of the squad moving forward.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah fair enough can see mount as an 8. To be honest he's good enough to play in a midfield 2 if he needed. Does it all.

Loftus cheek is a big fave of mine too. Rolls Royce of a footballer. Im not all the way sold on kovacic but I know im in the minority, would rather keep kante out of him, kovacic and jorghino.

Rice as a cb would be interesting. Weirdly I think getting a proper keeper behind them improves those current cb a lot

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah I think so too. I don't think it can be overstated just how poor Kepa has been. He apparently has the worst save percentage in premier league history. 730th out of 730. He's not the only reason we've conceded so many goals but I'm confident that with a better keeper we'd have conceded a good deal fewer. And you'd think that defence would play with a bit more confidence if they trusted in the keeper behind them. Zouma's been the best of the centre backs lately but our consensus "best CB" has changed constantly. Seems like all four have been the best and the worst at some point. I don't think Rüdiger and Christensen are as poor as they have looked after the restart. Tomori found himself out of the team after a few too many mistakes ended a really promising run in the side. Then he was injured after the restart otherwise I think he'd have got back in the side.

The Rosk
    @Torn sorry mate. Really wanted you up in the Prem.

Who do you reckon Benrahma and Watkins will go to now? Predicted money you'll receive for both?

FYI Konsa has come on remarkably well. He's set in stone in the XI now with some saying he's better than Mings, which is mental really. Ridiculously composed after lockdown. Do you want Jota back? Can't see him ever playing for us again tbh. Just not got the strength for the Prem, unfortunately.

Simon
    Watkins can go for £18m now.

The Rosk
    Apparently that's bollocks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Has it really been ten years since all this? Bloody hell, too old for this shit.

I genuinely hope Tim is doing OK in life and not taking the internet as seriously as he once did.

Congrats on the trophies, Liverpool fully deserved it and were a joy to watch. The club clearly means more than anything else to him, and so let him bask in the glory. I know I bloody would if Villa ever won anything. Having said that, it is a shame that the mighty Villa absolutely destroyed Liverpool 5-0 to stop them winning another trophy - I think a five trophy haul would have probably been too much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RFF CHAMPION 12/13
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Torn sorry mate. Really wanted you up in the Prem.

Who do you reckon Benrahma and Watkins will go to now? Predicted money you'll receive for both?

FYI Konsa has come on remarkably well. He's set in stone in the XI now with some saying he's better than Mings, which is mental really. Ridiculously composed after lockdown. Do you want Jota back? Can't see him ever playing for us again tbh. Just not got the strength for the Prem, unfortunately.
    Hopefully around 25m for both - They'll go to the highest bidder. You'll be in the mix I'm sure. I just hope it gets sorted early, don't want to dragging into October.

Not interested in Jota back anymore, we've moved forward as a club. Would rather replace with younger and cheaper talent who we can sell for more later, like when Jota was essentially replaced by Benrahma.

Glad Konsa is going well, he was a class act, but could see wasn't quite prem ready and would need a bit of time to adjust.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I call Klopp King Midas; everything he touches turns to gold. Sign a 1 million pound defensive midfielder from the Island of Bim Baki Bashi Balu and he’ll be winning the Balon’Dor this time next year. Can’t get over how good Klopp is. I mean talk about easy street, every single thing I thought about management and recruitment has been scrapped since Klopp came in. He’s a genius. I never worry about anything these days, just leave it to Liverpool and we’ll come out smelling of roses in the end while all the people we don’t like, will fail. To my disgust, I actually used to think Guardiola was slightly better than him. But now, obviously, it’s clear he’s a cheque book manager to put even pissing José Mourinho to shame. I used to want Liverpool to buy success, now I don’t, I’m happy doing it all the proper way, without cheating, all through our talent and hard work. Outsmarting our enemies and hereby causing them much more pain and frustration, knowing we did it all properly instead of simply buying it. Klopp is the greatest manager in the history of world sport. Won the lot in England and Germany without spending a penny over his net spent. This is paradise on earth! What a life!

Last edited by Underscore_; August 9th, 2020 at 3:02 PM.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    HE'S RESIGNED!
    Oh my fucking God...
    I literally have no idea what the fuck has gone on. Five days before the season starts. Are you fucking kidding me.
    I'd like Jol.

I must admit lads, I am torn here. As much as I loved MON at times - his obvious bond with the younger players, his consistency, his buying of some brilliant young talent... there were times when I thought he was a fucking moron, as you will no doubt recall me and 1PA saying on here. He stuck religiously to one way of playing football, which at times was devastating, but at others, when stuck against a team at 1-1, was depressingly mundane and predictable. He never had a second gameplan and this really told in big games. He also never pushed the youth to really come through with Bannan, Albrighton and Delfouneso clamouring for games last year but he stuck with Heskey and Downing despite them playing shite.

In a way, if this means we get someone great in and get a few more players onboard then happy days. But it most likely looks like we'll make a quick appointment, get some quick signings onboard and piss off a few of our key players like Dunne, Young and Carew. Not happy at the moment, and I don't even know who to fucking blame
    Ten years since MON left Villa 5 days before the season started. Still baffling as to why.

Been a horrible decade since but hopefully with a few quality signings on key areas we will be on the way up.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure how the people running Arsenal can claim to make 55 people redundant to help fund transfer market business - how much were these people earning? Aside from head of scouting, I doubt that much.

Just seems a smokescreen and excuse to make cuts when they are preparing to offer William £200k a week for 3(!) years.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Also seems a bit off to blame the players wages for any redundancies considering the personal wealth of the owners they could easily afford to pay the wages.

The amount of abuse Ozil was getting was ridiculous saying it's his wages that caused this miss the point. The owner is worth how much (10 billion estimated according to google) and cant stretch to paying the wages of 55 people.

They like many businesses are using the current situation to excuse make decisions like this. It's easier for football club owners to do so because they can hide behind having to pay the high wages of the players.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh absolutely. I can't pretend I am happy with Ozils performance in the last couple of years, but I don't blame him for signing the contract that the club were stupid enough to offer. Why wouldn't he? And he was right to refuse the pay cut as he wanted guarantees there wouldn't be redundancies.

I don't know who is more at fault, the owners or the executive team running the club. Raul Sanellhi is the one who sanctioned all of these questionable deals (Ozil = £350k pw, Luiz = £200k pw, Miki = £200k pw etc etc) and his head should certainly be on the block if this summer doesnt go well.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Torn View Post
    Hopefully around 25m for both - They'll go to the highest bidder. You'll be in the mix I'm sure. I just hope it gets sorted early, don't want to dragging into October.

Not interested in Jota back anymore, we've moved forward as a club. Would rather replace with younger and cheaper talent who we can sell for more later, like when Jota was essentially replaced by Benrahma.

Glad Konsa is going well, he was a class act, but could see wasn't quite prem ready and would need a bit of time to adjust.
    I hope we move soon, otherwise it'll be shit for both sides. You're definitely holding out for £25m by all accounts. Fair enough. £2m -> £25m in 3 years, could that be more Brentford?

Also rumours abound we're pushing for anyone of Rashica, Sturridge, Morelos, Edouard, but Christ knows if this is just bollocks talk or what at the moment. Getting 4 of Watkins, Benrahma, Rashica, Buendia or Edouard for £100m would be bloody excellent, but I can't see it happening.

Simon
    I haven't heard any mention of Grealish going, if he's been priced out of a move will he finally kick up a stink to go? Doesn't seem like his style, but he has mentioned that he wants to play at a higher level.

The Rosk
    That’s alright then, we’ll just win the League next season.

The Rosk
    22/1 for Newcastle, Fulham, West Brom treble for relegation.

GO ON LADS.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, a week on from making 55 employees redundant, Arsenal confirm a signing of a 32 year old on a three year deal (minimum £100k a week) with an option of a 4th. This fucking football club.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David Dean would never

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Barcelona are potentially in decline.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bayern are ridiculously good.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Barcelona are potentially in decline.
    Unarguable.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Utter madness, I switched over to the snooker and missed the Coutinho final twist.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just rename this the football thread so I can talk about Shane Duffy please.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon15

Sterling really hasn't done anything to deserve the abuse he gets. he got criticism for the 'greed' of leaving Liverpool for City because Liverpool fans are unable to accept that they're not in the same league as City and so it's a perfectly legitimate step up in terms of likelihood of winning trophies and personal improvement under Guardiola (which is quickly being borne out, he's been superb and has massively answered the critics who have said he doesn't have enough output).
    Last edited by Pablo Diablo; August 18th, 2020 at 9:07 AM.

The Rosk
    Sterling has won 9 trophies since joining City. Liverpool have won 4.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how you make it seem as if he left Liverpool to rack up community shields and Carabao Cups.

The thing he left to win he still hasn’t won, whereas we have. The other thing he left to win, we also won. And would’ve won another with the pipsqueak still working for us, not against us.

He also can’t call himself a FIFA World Champion like we can. & He never will either, you have to actually win the Champions League first to do that, see. And they’ll never win the Champions League. ever. It won’t happen. And I love it.

He’s now a laughing stock, cost Man City the CL and everyone hates him. Sounds good to me! Worked out really well, this. Going splendidly!

Glad they beat Aston Villa in the Carabao Cup Final though. Ok during the game I wanted Villa to win to be honest, disgustingly. But only because it was Man City. I still enjoyed the fact Villa failed agonisingly again. That’s the only cup Man City won this season after spending another 4 billion pounds of doped blood money last summer. So I can just about live with them winning the rubbish stuff like that. We’ll carry on doing their heads in, doing our best to stop them winning the good stuff, they’ll carry on scraping around for the Carabao Cup. That’s the way things are gonna be because we deserve to be happy and to spend all day laughing our fucking bollocks off at them, and they deserve extreme unhappiness, frustration and misery.
    Last edited by Underscore_; August 16th, 2020 at 4:21 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I know there's no fans in the stadium and it's not really football and everything but the Champions League has been bloody entertaining so far. All four games were really great to watch. Although the CL has generally been pretty bonkers in the knockouts for a good few years now.

The Rosk
    I like how you make it seem as if he left Liverpool to rack up community shields and Carabao Cups.

The thing he left to win he still hasn’t won, whereas we have. The other thing he left to win, we also won. And would’ve won another with the pipsqueak still working for us, not against us.

He also can’t call himself a FIFA World Champion like we can. & He never will either, you have to actually win the Champions League first to do that, see. And they’ll never win the Champions League. ever. It won’t happen. And I love it.

He’s now a laughing stock, cost Man City the CL and everyone hates him. Sounds good to me! Worked out really well, this. Going splendidly!

Glad they beat Aston Villa in the Carabao Cup Final though. Ok during the game I wanted Villa to win to be honest, disgustingly. But only because it was Man City. I still enjoyed the fact Villa failed agonisingly again. That’s the only cup Man City won this season after spending another 4 billion pounds of doped blood money last summer. So I can just about live with them winning the rubbish stuff like that. We’ll carry on doing their heads in, doing our best to stop them winning the good stuff, they’ll carry on scraping around for the Carabao Cup. That’s the way things are gonna be because we deserve to be happy and to spend all day laughing our fucking bollocks off at them, and they deserve extreme unhappiness, frustration and misery.
    9-4

Sterling wins

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That miss though loved it

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9-4

Sterling wins
    Raheem Sterling has won 6 (mostly crap) trophies plus 1 community shield. Not 9 whatsoever is it? I’ll file this lie under “our 2004 premier league trophy is gold!” , I reckon. Raheem Sterling: no Champions League.
    Last edited by Pablo Diablo; August 18th, 2020 at 9:08 AM.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sterling has more PL titles than Liverpool have combined for 30 years. Plus he had also won the Fa Cup which Liverpool haven't for a decade and a half. Just a matter of time before City win the CL with the money they have.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon15

I’ve made my thoughts quite clear on Sterling and even if the fate of the entire world depended on it, I won’t change them and I’ll be taking the piss out of the pisqueak til the day that I die. What a nobhead! What a complete knob he looks now ahahaha. It was all his fault!!! I love the fact he missed the open goal and love the fact he’ll never, ever win The Champions League. Ever. I’ve watched the miss about 200 times and him and Gabriel Jesus crying on the floor about 200 times. Ahahaha I’m SOOOOOO happy lads!!! I’m enjoying all these fun & games SOOOOOO much and just when I think it can’t possibly get any better... something else brilliant happens and I’m laughing my head off til the cows come home AGAIN! Ohh it feels amazing beating all the people I don’t like, I feels fantastic, I’m the king of the wooooorrrrllld! Can’t believe how well this is going absolutely everything I wanted to happen, has happened!!!

Van Dyk fee agreed with Liverpool.

WTF is going on at Arsenal though, they should have been in for both of them. There is so much that needs doing with that squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    Mental money for VVD. The tims will be rubbing their hands at their 10% sell on fee right now.
    Klopp could sign Nesta and Costacurta in their prime and they would still be shit. Don't forget Lovren was highly rated when they signed him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary J View Post
    Van Dijk has had his heart set on Liverpool since they declared interest.

Apart from which the fee is mental he's not that great. Wenger would only get stick for paying over the odds for some overrated defender.
    Perhaps that was because Liverpool were the only ones who did declare their interest. Arsenal are based in London, rather than up North, can probably pay more in wages and have a larger ground. I would think he would at least consider us, and we need someone like him.

The Rosk
    I'm pretty sure Sterling would cost more to buy than any other player in the PL at this point. Insane that he's still only 25 yo. No wonder looking back why Liverpool were so devestated to lose him to a better club who went on to win significantly more trophies thereafter.

I wonder why Man City are the favourites to win the League next year with every single bookmaker?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I know there's no fans in the stadium and it's not really football and everything but the Champions League has been bloody entertaining so far. All four games were really great to watch. Although the CL has generally been pretty bonkers in the knockouts for a good few years now.
    Agreed. I really really want neymar to win. Then drive round to the la liga chief who tried to stop his move to psg and shit in a bowl and make him eat it

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Icon7

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; August 18th, 2020 at 9:08 AM.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neymar is an absolute prick, one of many reasons I don't want PSG to win it. Gotta be Lyon or Bayern.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it weird how anytime neymar is brought up people mention the play acting but he for real gets the shit kicked out of him most weeks. Yes normally because he is nutmegging people but so what. Wonderful player to watch

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus he had also won the Fa Cup which Liverpool haven't for a decade and a half.
    the FA Cup!! I haven’t been arsed about that piece of shit tinpot trophy since that marvellous day we battered you in the 2001 Final. Only FA Cup final you’ve lost in 40 years if I’m not mistaken. No surprise there; it’s the only thing you’re still good enough to win, and you are our bitches so no great shock we battered you. Lol, the FA Cup... ahaha... do me a favour

Speaking of a decade and a half... Won the Champions League yet mate? How’d you get on in 2006!?

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; August 18th, 2020 at 9:09 AM.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, could have sworn you were saying earlier you had the won the 'lot'. Lol, obviously not