User Tag List

Page 1085 of 1090 FirstFirst ... 1075108110821083108410851086108710881089 ... LastLast
Results 108,401 to 108,500 of 108985

Thread: ***Official*** English Football Discussion Thread

The Rosk
    I find it confusing that bigger clubs can seemingly have the strength to dictate if one of their top players should be rested for any international games or not.

Mourinho basically pushing Southgate to not play Harry Kane even though he didn't start on Saturday, whereas John McGinn plays three straight games for Scotland in six days. What is going on here?

Simon
    That really annoyed me, I got into an argument with a few Spurs fans who thought Mourinho was entirely right to do that. As long as Southgate is giving him rest where required (as he did in the friendly vs Wales), he should be entitled to use him as he wants. You can't play Kane for 90 minutes in every game, then blame his tiredness and injuries on the five games he plays for England - he's a professional footballer, international football is a part of the game and you have to factor it in. Obviously it needs to be a compromise between the club and national team ideally, but Kane has played in plenty of Spurs games that were less important than Nations League games.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Plus wasn’t he still on the pitch at 75 minutes when they were 7-2 up against Haifa?

The Rosk
    The Southgate agenda against Grealish continues.

Please tell me what the fucking point in international friendlies is when a player, who the nation is calling for to play, stars in one, getting an assist, running the game and getting MOTM... only to not play a single minute in the following two competitive matches. Left to sit on the bench while Mount plays every minute, Calvert-Lewin is brought on on the left wing (a position that Southgate has previously said Jack would play in behind Sterling/Sancho/Rashford etc etc) and the team in dire need of a creative spark.

It is baffling now. We look like the most negative team in world football at the moment. We have deserved to win arguably one game of the last five and that was against Wales.

I can't see a single pundit out there that doesn't think Grealish should be playing. Players know what he can bring, he's a scary prospect to play against. But Southgate, for some reason, keeps diverting with excuses. DCL was brought on as "we needed pace on the left" - but stats show that DCL has the exact same average and top speed as Grealish for the last 6 months. Jack can't play in that midfield position - yet he says Mount played there despite it being the first time he's played there for England or Chelsea.

I can already see what's going to happen. Another soulless quarter final exit in the Euros, and a sacking. twat

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no point to international friendlies.

The Rosk
    Especially with the amount of bloody games and the increased risk of COVID-19 we really should bin them off. There is zero fucking point to them, as can be seen by Gareth Southgate's steadfast refusal to play the best performing player in one for a single minute when a player in his position was needed.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    Especially with the amount of bloody games and the increased risk of COVID-19 we really should bin them off. There is zero fucking point to them, as can be seen by Gareth Southgate's steadfast refusal to play the best performing player in one for a single minute when a player in his position was needed.
    The only argument I can see to not play Grealish is that he would be playing a very different role for England than he does for Villa. Can he still create as many chances when he just a piece instead of the main focus.

But, in theory, THAT is the point of international friendlies. To try it out and see if it works. You never know until you try…

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by _me View Post
    The only argument I can see to not play Grealish is that he would be playing a very different role for England than he does for Villa. Can he still create as many chances when he just a piece instead of the main focus.

But, in theory, THAT is the point of international friendlies. To try it out and see if it works. You never know until you try…
    He's been doubled up on for a year by most opposition! He has played in LAM, CAM, LF for Villa across the last year. If anything having better players around him will give him even more space, as has already been hinted at by having Watkins and Barkley play in the first few games this season, and he's got 4 goals and 4 assists in 4 games...

Grealish as a CAM behind Sterling Kane Sancho would be fucking unreal. But the spineless prick Southgate won't dare.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's been doubled up on for a year by most opposition! He has played in LAM, CAM, LF for Villa across the last year. If anything having better players around him will give him even more space, as has already been hinted at by having Watkins and Barkley play in the first few games this season, and he's got 4 goals and 4 assists in 4 games...

Grealish as a CAM behind Sterling Kane Sancho would be fucking unreal. But the spineless prick Southgate won't dare.
    After that performance against Liverpool, it really does make no sense to at least not TRY him and see what he does if you gave him truly world-class attackers to support him.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I can already see what's going to happen. Another soulless quarter final exit in the Euros, and a sacking. twat
    Yup. 100%

And probably a half dead Kane still up front at 90 minutes with his hamstring peeling down his leg.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it confusing that bigger clubs can seemingly have the strength to dictate if one of their top players should be rested for any international games or not.

Mourinho basically pushing Southgate to not play Harry Kane even though he didn't start on Saturday, whereas John McGinn plays three straight games for Scotland in six days. What is going on here?
    Because John McGinn is the fucking man.

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Because John McGinn is the fucking man.
    You’re damn fucking right he is.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love him so much. Him and his big arse. Gutted we didn't get him just for a couple of seasons. Hopefully he comes home when he's about 35.

The Rosk
    He will. Once he has done the Treble Treble with Villa.

Him getting injured last year really fucked us.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    OK so it was offside so no penalty but Pickford could still be red carded for dangerous play, endangering a player or whatever?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like Van Dijk did his ACL. Done for the season.

The Rosk
    Sounds like Villa beat another recent Premier League champion last night. Four wins out of four.

What the fuck is happening.

Simon
    Congratulations on your title win, there's no way you will blow it from here.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Thanks!

The Rosk
    I agree. I don't see how we won't win 38 games out of 38 now. 114 points here we come.

In all seriousness, when we consider that just 3 months ago we were 1/33 to get relegated, it's just nice to bask some positivity for a little while.

Grealish is a fucking god.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    I'm well up for a retro 80s season with Everton and Villa at the top.

Simon

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    That’s nice of him.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure Pickford is shitting himself at the prospect of being fronted by the only person with a reach that is shorter than his.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this Tim under a pseudonym?

The Rosk
    I'm not going to get too carried away with the Villa results.

But bloody hell

Martinez - class keeper. Very (relatively) safe hands, big voice.
    Cash - what a fucking right back he is. So solid at the back and a great asset going forward.
    Konsa - has come into his own at centre back, arguably now better than Mings
    Mings - calmer than last year, strong presence, so so handsome
    Targett - good link up with Jack, arguably the only weak point at this point
    Luiz - we need to buy out the buyback clause ASAP from City. He's now starting for Brazil, so cool calm and collected, what a player
    Grealish - the best footballer in England right now IMO
    McGinn - his injury seems long gone now. An absolute machine, glad to see he is doing it for Scotland too, a goal and 3 assists in 4 games
    Trezeguet - fuck knows who's been coaching him because he's become a player. Still makes mental decisions and hasn't got a touch but his engine is massive
    Watkins - leads the line so well - 20+ from him this year

Top one this year lads

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    I'm sure Pickford is shitting himself at the prospect of being fronted by the only person with a reach that is shorter than his.
    Hahaha.

The Rosk

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck off Everton.

Ye still fucking shit. 2nd loss in a row after we battered you at Goodison last week and Henderson popped up with that 95th minute winner. Injured all our players on purpose and you still couldn’t even fucking win you pricks 10 years and counting NO DERBY WIN you fucking embarrassing crap little terrible dreadful piss poor little club. Won’t win shit for another 25 years n all you snivelling little feral shitty-arse Bitters. Fuck off. Really enjoyed that. Taped it, and will watch it again tomorrow and piss myself laughing again. Thought Rodriguez was shit, running in treacle all afternoon the mug.

Shame that referee wasn’t in last week for the systematic match fixing and state sponsored screw job we all saw unfold. Was great to see that fucker Lucas Diane get sent off for that shithouse “tackle”. Everton, that. Can’t win a match cos they’re too shit at football so resort to dreadful tackles to injure the player. No wonder they haven’t won a trophy in 26 years, a decent trophy in 35 years, haven’t won a Merseyside Derby in over 10 years and won’t ever win another trophy ever again. Hear hear. Thank fuck for that like.

Good win for The Champions vs Sheffield yesterday at Anfield. Heroically overturned the load of bollocks penalty for that load of shite outside the box. First penalty ever awarded by var outside the box and probably the last, because it won’t happen to anyone else. Still won, though, so everyone... eat shit battered Ajax too! Get in!!

Enjoyed Villa getting smashed, enjoyed Spurs bottling that 3-0 lead at home to West Ham and hopefully Leicester get something against Arsenal.

Everton you fucking smelly pricks; this is a war you can’t win. You’ll lose on the pitch and you’ll lose the battle on the streets of Liverpool. There’s too many of us, and we’re too clever and too talented to let you ever get the better of us so fuck off and carry on being a laughing stock, and absolutely fucking shite so we can keep enjoying it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You a week behind everyone mate?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bloody Jamie Vardy. That pikey always scores against us

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Derogatory.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Bloody Jamie Vardy. That pikey always scores against us
    Standard.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Underscore_ View Post
    fuck off Everton.

Ye still fucking shit. 2nd loss in a row after we battered you at Goodison last week and Henderson popped up with that 95th minute winner. Injured all our players on purpose and you still couldn’t even fucking win you pricks 10 years and counting NO DERBY WIN you fucking embarrassing crap little terrible dreadful piss poor little club. Won’t win shit for another 25 years n all you snivelling little feral shitty-arse Bitters. Fuck off. Really enjoyed that. Taped it, and will watch it again tomorrow and piss myself laughing again. Thought Rodriguez was shit, running in treacle all afternoon the mug.

Shame that referee wasn’t in last week for the systematic match fixing and state sponsored screw job we all saw unfold. Was great to see that fucker Lucas Diane get sent off for that shithouse “tackle”. Everton, that. Can’t win a match cos they’re too shit at football so resort to dreadful tackles to injure the player. No wonder they haven’t won a trophy in 26 years, a decent trophy in 35 years, haven’t won a Merseyside Derby in over 10 years and won’t ever win another trophy ever again. Hear hear. Thank fuck for that like.

Good win for The Champions vs Sheffield yesterday at Anfield. Heroically overturned the load of bollocks penalty for that load of shite outside the box. First penalty ever awarded by var outside the box and probably the last, because it won’t happen to anyone else. Still won, though, so everyone... eat shit battered Ajax too! Get in!!

Enjoyed Villa getting smashed, enjoyed Spurs bottling that 3-0 lead at home to West Ham and hopefully Leicester get something against Arsenal.

Everton you fucking smelly pricks; this is a war you can’t win. You’ll lose on the pitch and you’ll lose the battle on the streets of Liverpool. There’s too many of us, and we’re too clever and too talented to let you ever get the better of us so fuck off and carry on being a laughing stock, and absolutely fucking shite so we can keep enjoying it.
    You're so weird. So angry.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think that you can really include Sunderland as challengers to anything mate.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the fact that he holds personal grudges with people on here from 15+ years ago

Simon
    The amount of energy he is expending on people who just don't care at all is mad.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of energy he is expending on people who just don't care at all is mad.
    Absolutely knackered after expending all this energy typing into a box for 30 seconds tbh.

Affected you enough to put me on mute and bang on about JS numerous times over the last ten years going by your posting history. Obsessive vendetta against Liverpool too which you never used to have, which I’m sure has nowt to do with JS getting under your skin either.

Not that you’ll see this mind, I’m on mute

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven’t seen The Rosk since he got absolutely battered by Leeds in the 3-0 at villapark. Least I still showed up after the 7-2 fluke. Probably starting to sink in that Villa won’t win the title and are in fact a Jack Grelish transfer request away from being relegated again.

The Rosk
    Grealish*

The Rosk
    No one gives a shit mate. You’re so full of hate. It’s just a game to us whereas football always has been and always will be your life, which is a little sad, but I get it.

Maybe try some football club forums for the best result you’re clearly after

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one gives a shit mate. You’re so full of hate. It’s just a game to us whereas football always has been and always will be your life, which is a little sad, but I get it.

Maybe try some football club forums for the best result you’re clearly after
    Touched a nerve have I mentioning that shit result last week have I?

Typical Rajah UK gang can give it out for years thinking nobody’ll see it but don’t like it back at em.

Great being preached to on life by a bunch of lads with between 65,000 and 150,000 posts on a wrestling forum. How about I don’t try some football club forums and simply loiter around in the shadows on here forever? Lol.

The Rosk
    Touched a nerve have I mentioning that shit result last week have I?

Typical Rajah UK gang can give it out for years thinking nobody’ll see it but don’t like it back at em.

Great being preached to on life by a bunch of lads with between 65,000 and 150,000 posts on a wrestling forum. How about I don’t try some football club forums and simply loiter around in the shadows on here forever? Lol.
    Nope, Leeds were much better than us on the night and fully deserved the win. No complaints from my side, I can take a good thrashing like a grown up and not spend weeks crying into my pillow. I also have zero expectations of anything from Villa apart from a fight for mid table obscurity at best this year.

Also, a good few of us talk on WhatsApp now too instead of on here so we aren’t on here as much. I’d offer you to join the WhatsApp group but..... you know.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, Leeds were much better than us on the night and fully deserved the win. No complaints from my side, I can take a good thrashing like a grown up and not spend weeks crying into my pillow. I also have zero expectations of anything from Villa apart from a fight for mid table obscurity at best this year.

Also, a good few of us talk on WhatsApp now too instead of on here so we aren’t on here as much. I’d offer you to join the WhatsApp group but..... you know.
    Good news is I’d actually rather die than be on that WhatsApp group so looks like we’ve finally got some common ground Rosk. First time for everything in 17 years eh.

Probably best for you to all keep it to WhatsApp, instead of posting on here, so I can’t see it and take the piss when your shit teams fail again. I actually completely agree you should do that, not post on here, and you never know i might even get some sort of perverse smug satisfaction from the fact none of you really fancy posting on here anymore

Simon
    Absolutely knackered after expending all this energy typing into a box for 30 seconds tbh.

Affected you enough to put me on mute and bang on about JS numerous times over the last ten years going by your posting history. Obsessive vendetta against Liverpool too which you never used to have, which I’m sure has nowt to do with JS getting under your skin either.

Not that you’ll see this mind, I’m on mute
    I liked you as JS and didn't realise this was you until recently, not sure where you got the idea I had a problem with you from. So either we all grew up and you didnt, or more likely
    you're just more annoying than before because you're looking for an argument. You're fighting a pointless battle, nobody cares about forum rivalries any more, we're all in our 30s and far too jaded to bother.

If you want a reaction go in the off topic forum and disagree with Nash Diesel about something he's said. Doesn't matter what, if you disagree with him you can safely assume you're in the right
    Last edited by Simon; October 27th, 2020 at 7:49 PM.

The Rosk
    Good news is I’d actually rather die than be on that WhatsApp group so looks like we’ve finally got some common ground Rosk. First time for everything in 17 years eh.

Probably best for you to all keep it to WhatsApp, instead of posting on here, so I can’t see it and take the piss when your shit teams fail again. I actually completely agree you should do that, not post on here, and you never know i might even get some sort of perverse smug satisfaction from the fact none of you really fancy posting on here anymore
    You would rather die than be on the WhatsApp group... yet you literally cannot keep yourself away from trying to engage with us on here, YEARS after any interaction with us.

Move on mate, life is way too short.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad part is there would probably be some decent discussion to be had if he would just lose the gimmick.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve made my thoughts quite clear and won’t be changing them. Health permitting I might be alive another 40 years. I’ll always be skulking around in the background. One day in 40+ years I won’t be here, and only then am I truly vanquished...

I’ve got no problem with anything that’s been said tonight. I laughed at it. Don’t even entirely disagree with the jaded bit and the life’s too short bits. but don’t flatter yourself into thinking I actually want to be in your WhatsApp group, and sit around on WhatsApp talking bollocks with you lot. I draw the line at that. That goes beyond banter, it’s deeply offensive. If I wanted to do that I could’ve simply made an account years ago, pretended to be some really nice guy... a white guy from somewhere like Berkshire, cracked a few shit jokes and easily infiltrated said WhatsApp group.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vanquished

You take this place way, way too seriously. Perhaps your life hasn't gone the way you wanted and you are projecting here, but this isn't 2003 anymore.

Go and join Twitter, you'll fit right in there.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve made my thoughts quite clear and won’t be changing them. Health permitting I might be alive another 40 years. I’ll always be skulking around in the background. One day in 40+ years I won’t be here, and only then am I truly vanquished...

I’ve got no problem with anything that’s been said tonight. I laughed at it. Don’t even entirely disagree with the jaded bit and the life’s too short bits. but don’t flatter yourself into thinking I actually want to be in your WhatsApp group, and sit around on WhatsApp talking bollocks with you lot. I draw the line at that. That goes beyond banter, it’s deeply offensive. If I wanted to do that I could’ve simply made an account years ago, pretended to be some really nice guy... a white guy from somewhere like Berkshire, cracked a few shit jokes and easily infiltrated said WhatsApp group.
    BBF confirmed as jesus sucks' sock.

Simon

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Can I be in the special Rajah WhatsApp group?

Simon
    There's one for the Rajah FIFA league if you want to join, you need FIFA 21 though!

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't even have FIFA 21 yet lol.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's one for the Rajah FIFA league if you want to join, you need FIFA 21 though!
    And Playstation Pro…

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    I thought you fellas were on about a general Rajah group tbh... I won't be getting a ps5 until next year

- - - Updated - - -

Plus I'm fucking shit at Fifa, Well I'm OK at attacking but I will cost goals.

Simon
    It's all on PS4 at the moment, let us know if you want to get involved there are about 15 or so.

If there is a general football chat WhatsApp I'm not in it haha, there is an RFF one though.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Plus I'm fucking shit at Fifa,
    Peter Griffin confirmed as BBF's sock.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Can I be in the special Rajah WhatsApp group?
    Aren’t you in the RFF group?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Aren’t you in the RFF group?
    Yeah, But the way I read it people saying they posted on WhatsApp rather than here mostly I thought they meant a group like almost a sub forum in itself where they all slag off Romford all day or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Peter Griffin confirmed as BBF's sock.
    I have never stolen money.

The Rosk
    There are five as far as I know, the Rajah Fifa League one, the RFF one, the Fifa Pro Clubs one, and the secret Fifa Pro Clubs one where we take the piss out of the shit players.

Simon
    Don't listen to The Rosk guys, that last one doesn't exist as far as I'm aware.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are five as far as I know, the Rajah Fifa League one, the RFF one, the Fifa Pro Clubs one, and the secret Fifa Pro Clubs one where we take the piss out of the shit players.
    Whatever happened to our group that Alex accidentally showed to Beefy

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vanquished

You take this place way, way too seriously. Perhaps your life hasn't gone the way you wanted and you are projecting here, but this isn't 2003 anymore.

Go and join Twitter, you'll fit right in there.
    The sarcastic use of the word vanquished went completely over your head. Not surprising really considering you’re a complete no mark who I’ve said several times I don’t even remember. You know me, I don’t know you. That sums it all up really.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, you would definitely know me under my previous username, as you use to send abusive messages about how people close to me were gonna get murdered.

Let's be honest anyway, you looked up vanquished in the dictionary, you aren't smart enough to know the word.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, you would definitely know me under my previous username, as you use to send abusive messages about how people close to me were gonna get murdered.

Let's be honest anyway, you looked up vanquished in the dictionary, you aren't smart enough to know the word.
    For the second time now you failed to catch on to the inside joke of me using the word vanquished (which is really funny! ).

And for the second time I’ll say that doesn’t surprise me that happened because you’re a complete no mark who nobody would remember and isn’t a talented enough poster to have been involved in anything memorable from the days of old, which is why I don’t remember you. I did some digging once to find your old username as I wondered who the bugger you were and why I didn’t remember such an insecure weirdo, found your username eventually and I still don’t have a pissing clue who you are. I spoke to hundreds of posters on here, so the fact we may have engaged once or twice about 15 or 16 years ago means nothing tbh. If you were a decent poster I’d remember you. But let’s be honest I’ve read your posts now for 4 months, it didn’t take me long to see you’re absolutely crap and I’ll have forgotten you again in 15 years no doubt.

Arsenal smashed 3 times in a row I see. Arteta’s relentless march to take Arsenal back to the top going well

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep for such a no mark you don't mind plenty of time typing about me do you?

Isn't me who used to send messages threatening violence to people, or came back after 10 years because he was so jealous of the meet crew

Still, great to beat LiVARpool 3 times in such a short space of time. Ta Ra

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be honest I was a big fan of JS for a long time, until, like many others have on here over the years, he inexplicably went mental and started taking the forums too seriously. I’ll happily still have a decent football debate with anyone, but I don’t have the time or the inclination to argue with anyone about football or the forums generally anymore. There’s not much I care about each to get into such a heated discussion about and football is way down the list. I don’t really mind who is top as long as it isn’t Newcastle.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and the secret Fifa Pro Clubs one where we take the piss out of the shit players.

Wait, what?

The Rosk
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post

Wait, what?
    It's just me chatting to myself on my burner phone.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone help me understand why everyone is so angry about the PPV games?

Last year: People paid for BBC, Sky, BT, season tickets, internet. but every game was still not on TV. There were many games not televised, correct?
    This year: People paid the same AND extra games are being televised. Why would that not cost more money? They are providing more services…

I totally get people not liking the price point (I would definitely give free streams to all season ticket holders for example, cheaper for seniors/youths, etc) but that doesn't seem to be the main complaint. It really seems to be about the whole concept of being asked to pay more. Am I missing something?

There seems to be a giant disconnect between people complaining "I already paid" and understanding that they are asking for something extra not included normally, something extra usually costs more money…

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    There's no option to go see the game live is the difference.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Except there was always a limit on how many people could see the game in person. Weren't most games sold out and not available for purchase anyway?

Nearly all of the people complaining about paying the money were not watching the matches in the stadiums.

I also want to be clear again: The season ticket holders ARE BEING SCREWED. They did pay their money. They should get the games for no additional cost. But that is a very small percentage of the total fans.
    Last edited by _me; November 1st, 2020 at 9:50 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most pointless PPV match in history, is the one that’s just been on right now. Aston Villa’s latest home defeat 4-3 to Southampton. Not one Aston Villa fan bought it because it’s just a game to them. Doesn’t matter. Aston Villa fans simply spent that £15 on food, clothing, and college fund for their children or donated it to the local homeless shelter. Things that matter. And yeah there’s was probably a few sad Liverpool fans who had it on in the background on the radio and laughed as Southampton went 3-0 up in the first half before cruising to victory but nevermind those people, it’s just a game.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most pointless PPV match in history, is the one that’s just been on right now. Aston Villa’s latest home defeat 4-3 to Southampton. Not one Aston Villa fan bought it because it’s just a game to them. Doesn’t matter. Aston Villa fans simply spent that £15 on food, clothing, and college fund for their children or donated it to the local homeless shelter. Things that matter. And yeah there’s was probably a few sad Liverpool fans who had it on in the background on the radio and laughed as Southampton went 3-0 up in the first half before cruising to victory but nevermind those people, it’s just a game.
    Under normal circumstances, this is a game no one domestically except the supporters in the stands would be watching (if I understand correctly). So people can do whatever they would normally be doing or they can spend some money and watch the game. I guess I just don't see the big deal about it.

Except for the season ticket holders. They are being royally screwed. Just want to make that clear again. Not only should they get the streams for free; they should get next season's tickets for a discount.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Under normal circumstances, this is a game no one domestically except the supporters in the stands would be watching (if I understand correctly). So people can do whatever they would normally be doing or they can spend some money and watch the game. I guess I just don't see the big deal about it.

Except for the season ticket holders. They are being royally screwed. Just want to make that clear again. Not only should they get the streams for free; they should get next season's tickets for a discount.
    You’re preaching the the converted mate. Buying the Liverpool game last week was no problem to me. I’m just saying in Birmingham it’s only a game so they don’t need to buy it. Their money goes on the important things like a family holiday to Tenerife. Best to leave the football (and the Title/The Champions League) to the people who care, like Liverpool Fans. Hopefully everyone keeps seeing it as just a game, so’s we absolutely batter everyone again and win the League, Supercup World Club Cup and Champions League again easily as I have now grown accustomed.

Glad Newcastle won. Callum Wilson and Fraser the dudes man. Opened a bottle of bubbly to celebrate as soon as the final whistle went as the incredibly foul pong of Everton fraudulently being at the top of table began to dissipate. Bastards. Absolutely fucking hate them. Blue Shite.
    Last edited by Underscore_; November 1st, 2020 at 1:52 PM.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone help me understand why everyone is so angry about the PPV games?

Last year: People paid for BBC, Sky, BT, season tickets, internet. but every game was still not on TV. There were many games not televised, correct?
    This year: People paid the same AND extra games are being televised. Why would that not cost more money? They are providing more services…

I totally get people not liking the price point (I would definitely give free streams to all season ticket holders for example, cheaper for seniors/youths, etc) but that doesn't seem to be the main complaint. It really seems to be about the whole concept of being asked to pay more. Am I missing something?

There seems to be a giant disconnect between people complaining "I already paid" and understanding that they are asking for something extra not included normally, something extra usually costs more money…
    They are angry not because they are charging but how much they are charging. It smacks of profiteering. The cost of football is absurd and when people are having it tough at the minute they realise now the distance the clubs are putting between them and the community.

Most won't buy it. Some will donate the money to charity like Newcastle fans did. Some will just watch a stream or highlights. Its potentially a watershed moment for a lot of fans who may find the current 'product' stale and lifeless.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First league win in 14 years at OT

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow it was that long

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most season ticket holders are getting options on what happens with their money, be it a refund, given to charity or used as credit for future tickets.

Nobody is just holding their money and doing nothing with it.

Maybe Newcastle because Ashley is a twat.

Most people don't enjoy paying £15 a pop for some football that feels quite phony. The crowd is a big part of football and part of the spectacle. To be honest without the fans and the normalcy I am finding it quite hard to care about it. I mean I watch it (Not paying for it..) as there is nothing else to do but meh, if it got cancelled tomorrow I wouldn't be massively bothered either.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season ticket holders in Scotland are getting the home games for free, or more accurately, for the price of the season ticket. I assumed English clubs were doing the same.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool didn’t do any season tickets this season. Leaving it until next season.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    They are angry not because they are charging but how much they are charging. It smacks of profiteering. The cost of football is absurd and when people are having it tough at the minute they realise now the distance the clubs are putting between them and the community.

Most won't buy it. Some will donate the money to charity like Newcastle fans did. Some will just watch a stream or highlights. Its potentially a watershed moment for a lot of fans who may find the current 'product' stale and lifeless.
    I would agree that £15 per game for every game is way too much; especially if there are not cheaper options to multiple games and/or official supporters. But I don't think £15 for a random game is unreasonable for a one-time fee.

Feels like it could be like one of those 1980s "976" numbers: £15 for the first game; then £5 for every game after that. Add it a "Sub Club" card element too, buy X games, get one free.

That feels fair and doesn't punish the biggest fans.
    Last edited by _me; November 1st, 2020 at 9:55 PM.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would agree that £15 per game for every game is way too much; especially if there are not cheaper options to multiple games and/or official supporters. But I don't think £15 for a random game is unreasonable for a one-time fee.
    It is. Got to remember people pay subscriptions for sports channels that show premier league games on top of that too.

I would be fuming if I had paid £15 to watch the shite we churned out yesterday.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Wow it was that long
    Worth the wait

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would Liverpool fans care about Villa doing badly? (apart from you obviously, who still carries a grudge from 10+ years ago).

Anyhow, Villa still put SEVEN past youse lot

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    It is. Got to remember people pay subscriptions for sports channels that show premier league games on top of that too.

I would be fuming if I had paid £15 to watch the shite we churned out yesterday.
    But that money doesn’t include these games and never has. People just want extra games televised for no additional cost.

It is a good thing you didn't have to pay for it. It was not required to pay it. It was simply an option for those who wanted it.

But what in life works like that you described above? That you get extra services for no additional cost? Do you also expect a pack of crisps for free because you already paid for cookies last week?
    Last edited by _me; November 2nd, 2020 at 8:24 AM.

The Rosk
    So why not £50 @_me?

Simon
    I don't think many/any people are saying there should be no extra cost, they're saying £15 is an exorbitant amount to charge and ties into the general sense that the PL, the TV companies and the clubs themselves (delete as applicable, in this case it seems to be the clubs and the PL who are pushing it) are intent on squeezing every drop of money they can out of people. Anecdotally it seems to have led to a big increase in paid IPTV subscriptions, so it will bite them in the arse when people realise they can get an equivalent service for a fraction of the price and very little chance of getting caught, and fuck their legal subscriptions off.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Round it off to a ton.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    But that money doesn’t include these games and never has. People just want extra games televised for no additional cost.

It is a good thing you didn't have to pay for it. It was not required to pay it. It was simply an option for those who wanted it.

But what in life works like that you described above? That you get extra services for no additional cost? Do you also expect a pack of crisps for free because you already paid for cookies last week?
    Because life is shit at the moment and getting the chance to watch your team be pitifully shit is only right.

Simon
    They should charge a billion pounds per game. If just one billionaire stumps up then it's a massive windfall, and those who don't want to pay it don't have to.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beer Monster View Post
    Because life is shit at the moment and getting the chance to watch your team be pitifully shit is only right.
    Totally true. But that means the government/networks need to pay for it; not the clubs/supporters. They are already losing hundreds of millions of pounds and having to furlough staff with all the missing revenue.

It is the government's rule that stops the networks from broadcasting the games; not the clubs.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should charge a billion pounds per game. If just one billionaire stumps up then it's a massive windfall, and those who don't want to pay it don't have to.
    It is comments like that just make the fans seems like whiny babies and not adults who understand the economics of a pandemic.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So why not £50 @_me?
    Because that is more than it cost to see a game in person. Why would anyone pay more for a worse experience? But £15 is cheaper than a ticket. So you are paying a fraction of the original cost for a fraction of a the experience. That seems fair…

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think many/any people are saying there should be no extra cost, they're saying £15 is an exorbitant amount to charge and ties into the general sense that the PL, the TV companies and the clubs themselves (delete as applicable, in this case it seems to be the clubs and the PL who are pushing it) are intent on squeezing every drop of money they can out of people. Anecdotally it seems to have led to a big increase in paid IPTV subscriptions, so it will bite them in the arse when people realise they can get an equivalent service for a fraction of the price and very little chance of getting caught, and fuck their legal subscriptions off.
    Welcome to capitalism…

Simon
    Welcome to capitalism…
    You say this like it ends the argument. It doesn't. Fans don't expect to be treated like customers, and certainly don't expect to be treated like fans when it comes to the club asking for loyalty, then customers when it comes to paying shitloads more money.