England U-21s 1-0 up after 8 mins.

DERBYSHIRE

IRREPLACEABLE Fulham Road Supporter's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    In this day and age, when most players could'nt give a flying fuck about you, it was really refreshing to read this on liverpoolfc.tv.

Class bloke, who has just gone up even more in my estimations. Loved him when he was here, memories like the Juve goal and the 2 Chelsea goals will never fade away. Glad to hear a player's opinion on how a song for them helps them as well.

I hope one day he returns to Anfield, as either a guest or an opponent, and we can sing his song to/for him one more time. LUUUUUUIS GARCIA........
    I was there for both , I still remember them both really clearly too, as well as that Juve one you mentioned. Although some people said he wasn't good enough to play for you lot I always liked him, seemed a really good guy. I even felt a few goosebumps reading about his thanks to their fans for his song, which I also thought was a class song. We have so many shit songs where it's just the players name repeated, about time we made up some like that, give the players something good to remember us by when they leave.

How come he was sold and do you think it was the right decision?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuncha Bunts View Post

I fucking hate Lampard and Samuel
    I didn't even realise that although I was going to check about Lamps winning it in '04 and '05, I thought that sounded wrong. I notice the Daily Mail and NOTW always getting football facts wrong but I never noticed that.

If it was December 2004 we'd pretty much wrapped up the league anyway.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luis Garcia,
    no longer here,
    He's in Espana
    But hes still sound.
    Wrote us a letter,
    Torres is better
    But we'd still have our Luis around

He was sold because apparently it was part of the Torres deal, and he has always been a bit inconsistent for Liverpool. For every wonder goal against Juventus, there was always giving the ball away too often against Sheffield United or someone. He was never going to finish his career at Liverpool, and i suppose he saw the challenge of going back to Spain as something he wanted to do before it was too late. You can't blame him for it; he is never going to be more than a squad player for us and he deserves a fresh challenge before his career starts to wind down.

I will be watching Sky Sports Extra on Saturday, toasting you with a bottle of San Miguel, and hoping you score a hat-trick past that clown Dudek!
    Last edited by Peter; August 21st, 2007 at 4:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by da_man View Post
    SIGN HIM UP, HUGHESY!

The weird thing is that Red Star are right dirty bastards. They had about 8 players booked and conceded about 2728729 fouls. So if they step it up a notch, the game is going to be abandoned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does the La Bamba version of Rafa Benitez now go by the way?

Who has taken Luis place if it's still sung? Also, Torres should (If he doesn't already) take Reina's place, as it fits better.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just the chorus gets sung now. The verses started to die on their arse the second Nunez got binned off and replaced by Reina. Every time the song gets sung it just seems to carry on and on, nobody wants to stop. Against PSV in the 2nd leg this season it was going for a good 7 minutes none stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rd9nUvxW_Nc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I heard it on Sunday I could only hear the chorus, shame because surely no other club had a song to La Bamba.

When you played Spurs in the League Cup in 04/05, a 'die hard' Liverpool mate of mine (From Surrey ) went, and he said for a good ten-fifteen minutes your fans all stood their just singing Rafa Benitez over and over to that tune.

What was impressive about that to me was you had been pretty average in the league, the Champions League had only just finished it's group stages and he had done nothing of note. Good support of the man from the off

I reckon it could be ressurected and sound class if you stuck Torres at the end, but Reina doesn't fit into Garcia's part and despite you having so many spics, I cannot remember any others.

EDIT - Just found this too
    Last edited by Fulham Road Supporter; August 21st, 2007 at 5:25 PM.

Andy
    ahahahahhahaaahhaa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by da_man View Post
    I also mentioned "Arron Davies who looked good in the play-offs for Yeovil before he went to Forest."
    Doesn't excuse the fact that them two games were the only decent performances he put in all season last year. If he turns up, he's a good player. But it's not good enough to have a ratio of one good game to nine average/rubbish/utter shite ones.

For the money Forest offered in the deal for Cohen and Davies (a combined fee of about £1.2million), there was no way we would reject it. If we had done, I would have been straight over the ground demanding the board go.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuncha Bunts View Post
    Ferguson is happy about winning the hearing......

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £100k fine for bad-boy Rovers

By MARK IRWIN
    August 21, 2007

BLACKBURN have been hit with a £100,000 FA fine for their dreadful disciplinary record.

Mark Hughes’ team racked up seven red cards and a staggering 111 yellows last season.

The punishment was dished out just hours after Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger had accused Blackburn of a ‘desire for violence’ in Sunday’s 1-1 draw at Ewood Park.

The FA will impose a further £50,000 rap if their behaviour does not improve this season.
    May as well write that £50K cheque out now.

my Ole Solskjaer, you make me happy when skies are grey. And Alan Shearer was fucking dearer so please don't take my Solskjaer away
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has launched a withering attack on the Premier League after Gabriel Heinze's bid to force through a move to Anfield failed.

The Argentina defender had gone to a Premier League panel claiming Manchester United had written a letter allowing him to leave if another club offered £6.8million.

But the panel have dismissed Heinze's case and backed United, who maintained they made it clear to the 29-year-old both orally and in writing that he would not be permitted to join one of their title rivals.

It now appears that if Heinze is intent on leaving the club he will have to move abroad, and there have been reports in Spain that a deal has already been agreed between United and Real Madrid for the defender.

But Benitez is furious that Liverpool appear to have missed out on Heinze, though he could yet appeal against the arbitration panel's verdict.

Benitez told the Liverpool Echo: "I would like to ask the Premier League a number of questions.

"How can a player with a signed agreement be treated like this?

"He has a document which is clear, but the Premier League prefers to believe the word of someone else who made a mistake.

"I know there were accusations made against Liverpool in the hearing which were unbelievable. How can this be allowed?

"Then I would like to ask the Premier League why is it that Liverpool always plays the most fixtures away from home in an early kick-off, following an international break? We had more than the top clubs last season and we have four already to prepare for this season."

He then - somewhat bizarrely given the story dominated the news agenda for most of the close-season - claims it was "so easy" for United to sign Tevez.

Benitez added: "Then I want to ask the Premier League why it was so difficult for Liverpool to sign Javier Mascherano, when we had to wait a long time for the paperwork, but it was so easy for Carlos Tevez to join Manchester United?

"It's going to be very difficult for us to win the Premier League because the other teams are so strong, but I want our supporters to know that despite the disadvantages we have, we will fight all the way.

"We will fight to cope with our more difficult kick-off times and all the other decisions which are going against us

----

?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus christ.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool should be done for TAPPING UP. HOW DO THEY KNOW ABOUT WHAT'S IN THE LETTER?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt E View Post
    Benitez added: "Then I want to ask the Premier League why it was so difficult for Liverpool to sign Javier Mascherano, when we had to wait a long time for the paperwork, but it was so easy for Carlos Tevez to join Manchester United?
    What a daft stupid cunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shame really, as he had somewhat of an argument up until he blew it to bits then and let you know that he was blatantly just ranting.

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't have any argument. Since when has a fucking letter over-ridden a contract. Balls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was talking more about the early fixtures all the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Researched that have you? Liverpool get paid for those being on TV so if they want out, there's a simple way of going about it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter moans about it all the time. Nobody has bothered to check whether his facts are true or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fact is people from Liverpool are always fucking moaning, about everything. Boris Johnson was right. You reckon any other place would milk some old bastard with a mail order bride getting his head chopped off so much?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was largely going off Peter's whining, yeah. I remember someone, think that it might've been Harry Redknapp, claiming that you cant opt out of those fixtures when Quinny said that he had. Of course, Quinny actually had, cos they were only going to put that match on Sky last minute and he said no.

BC 4 Lyfe
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rafa

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Freddy something just scored on his international debut for Wales. It was a good strike. He looks a bit special. Anybody know anything about him?

my Ole Solskjaer, you make me happy when skies are grey. And Alan Shearer was fucking dearer so please don't take my Solskjaer away
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll play for England one day apparently.

Simon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last season most clubs had 4 (or fewer) early kick-offs. Man Utd had 5. Liverpool had 10.

It's certainly a rant from Benitez but he has valid grounds for most of it. Most of the details from the Heinze hearing haven't escaped yet but the conclusions drawn do seem rather iffy given what we do know.

The hearing concluded that the nature and intention of the disputed 13 June 2007 letter, especially when taken in context of verbal discussions and Manchester United FC's transfer policy, was unambiguous in that it envisages only an international transfer.
    I think I read somewhere (though it didn't crop up again) that the conversations were recorded and if that's the case then fair enough. If it isn't they've ruled to accept United's word over a signed agreement. It's not how things would be done in the real world. Also, supposedly, Gill claimed during the hearing that Liverpool asked Crystal Palace (:|) to sign Heinze so we could then buy him from them. You'd think they could have at least come up with a more likely club.

The Tevez deal was discussed by the Premier League for, what? A few days at most? They spent over a month talking about it for Mascherano. Obviously that experience will have helped them but it remains a sizeable difference.

What Benitez has said has a solid enough basis he's just stressed things beyond their value. If he's going about trying to create a siege mentality, which is how it would seem, then it's very nice to see. It's worked for others in the past so I'd welcome it.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahaha yeah the Palace thing was hilarious. Of all the clubs to pick, choose the one whose chairman has lambasted the dodginess in football recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heinze's contract is a signed agreement, legally binding. I really don't see how anyone can see that Heinze winning out in this case could be a good thing for football.

Whaddaya think about that 1_Pablo_Angel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 more for Healy.

I'd have said playing him against an accomplished Leichstensteinian defence was a bit of a risk, but there you go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Republic 4-0 up away to Denmark as well. Haven't been watching it but Denmark must be turd now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That banner at the Liverpool match makes little sense. Trophy free zone?! Unless he means a specific year he's talking wet, even in recent times.

Apparently MON has finally accepted he's gotta pay "over the odds" for his targets. Took him long enough! Which is strange considering he was very willing to splash out over £9m for Ashley Young last year (although I'm glad he did).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care if it was against Leichstenstein, that second goal from Healy was quality.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robben off to Real Madrid, we've announced subject to personal terms and a medical he's out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    That banner at the Liverpool match makes little sense. Trophy free zone?! Unless he means a specific year he's talking wet, even in recent times.

Well yes, it's clearly with relation to last year. They hold no current trophies. Had some Liverpool fans are our forums going on about how it isn't accurate, well, yes it is.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post

Freddy something just scored on his international debut for Wales. It was a good strike. He looks a bit special. Anybody know anything about him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt E View Post
    He'll play for England one day apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post

I said it in the other thread and I'll say it here - England will rue the day that Steve McClaren picked David Nugent over Freddy Eastwood.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And number 1 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 2 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 3 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 4 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 5 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 6 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 7 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 8 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 9 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 10 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 11 is Robbie Keane,
    We all dream of a team of Robbie Keane’s,
    a team of Robbie Keane’s,
    a team of Robbie Keane’s.

If only he were English.

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazurus View Post
    And number 1 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 2 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 3 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 4 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 5 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 6 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 7 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 8 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 9 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 10 is Robbie Keane,
    And number 11 is Robbie Keane,
    a team of Robbie Keane’s.

If only he were English.
    Can't disagree with that. Robbie Keane is probably my favourite Premiership player.

At least until next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he was English you lot would have stifled his genius and probably have played some fast black lad or slow tall lad instead. Not a tubby little wizard.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point ECG.

I hate the way so many Irish people seem to hate him though.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Can't disagree with that. Robbie Keane is probably my favourite Premiership player.

At least until next season.
    I still maintain that he did, if not as much, very nearly as much as Berbatov last year for Spurs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good point ECG.

I hate the way so many Irish people seem to hate him though.
    I love him. He's a brilliant footballer and an Irish legend. I can't think of anyone I know who hates him.

I also maintain he was as good as Berbatov last year, but then again people (Simon) still argue Defoe is better.

Simon
    As soon as Keano has a season where he has more than one good performance before Christmas I'll rate him as highly as everyone else. EVERY year he starts absolutely shit and only kicks on in the second half of the season.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Defoe's not better. He's better than Owen, Crouch, Smith and Dyer put together but he's not better than Robbie Keane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that I don't like Robbie Keane, he has a great celebration and when he is in form he is a quality player etc. But he needs to stop sitting on the floor whining when he doesn't get decisions. That and I think he is guilty more so then most top Prem strikers of missing fairly easy chances.

The Yellow Submarine song is usually sung by fans to reflect either clearly elite, indespensible or just try-hards, Robbie Keane isn't any of them, by anyones standards.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As soon as Keano has a season where he has more than one good performance before Christmas I'll rate him as highly as everyone else. EVERY year he starts absolutely shit and only kicks on in the second half of the season.
    So if he plays well on Sunday you'll rate him as highly as me and ECG do?

In fact if you count international matches he;s already done that. In just four matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was injured for most of the first half of last season.

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulham Road Supporter View Post
    It's not that I don't like Robbie Keane, he has a great celebration and when he is in form he is a quality player etc. But he needs to stop sitting on the floor whining when he doesn't get decisions. That and I think he is guilty more so then most top Prem strikers of missing fairly easy chances.

The Yellow Submarine song is usually sung by fans to reflect either clearly elite, indespensible or just try-hards, Robbie Keane isn't any of them, by anyones standards.
    He hasn't done the cartwheel in more than a year.

Simon
    So if he plays well on Sunday you'll rate him as highly as me and ECG do?

In fact if you count international matches he;s already done that. In just four matches.
    You know what I mean. It's incredibly frustrating watching him have regular shit games until the back end of the season, where he frequently ends up playing fantastically.

Andy
    Defoe's not better. He's better than Owen, Crouch, Smith and Dyer put together
    Surely you're being sarcastic? Crouch and Owen are definitely better.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't sleep, I'm too excited!

ROQUE Santa Cruz will be one of four star attractions at Blackburn Rovers' official kit launch event this week.

Roque will be joined by midfield maestro Tugay, giant defender Chris Samba and ever-popular goalkeeper Brad Friedel at the Ewood Park club shop from 2.30pm on Thursday 23rd August.

I've nothing better to do tomorrow so I'm gonna go down and be barging little kids out the way!

Friedel is a leg-end obviously but I'll be content to greet him with a manly handshake. I don't think I'll be able to contain myself around Tugay. I'll get down on the floor and beg him to let me kiss his feet and promise me he's never going to retire.

The Samba!!!!! I want to jump on him and give him a big manly hug as if we're an immense defensive pairing that have just booted some 'orrible Arsenal players out of the game and kept a clean sheet.

And Santa too. Will have to get the biggest ever "ROOOOOOCKY! ROOCKY! ROCKY! ROCKY!" chant going before getting kicked out the club shop for being over-excited.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    shut up you burnley scumbag

╭∩╮⎝⋋⏝⋌⎠╭∩╮
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Surely you're being sarcastic? Crouch and Owen are definitely better.
    Well Owen was once but he hasn't been close in ages. Crouch is no-where near as good and really never has been.

Warning. Rabidly Arsenal. eldanielfire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMPORTANT NEWS: Wenger has agreed a contract extension

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, our club shop is actually leased out to Sports World (Sports Soccer) who run it. They're numpties at the best of times but they bettered themselves this morning. I was gonna go down and get a shirt this afternoon, possibly with Samba on the back. Just found out that the increased activity on the first day that our new shirts are on sale has come as a bit of a surprise to them. They run out of 'A's at dinnertime.

They're getting a delivery of letters tomorrow but you're out of luck if you want your shirt printing with Santa Cruz, Tugay, Samba, Savage or McCarthy. Can't see anybody wanting a shirt with any of those muppets' names on of course. The incompetence is staggering, you couldn't make it up!

I Rule ALL!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eldanielfire View Post
    IMPORTANT NEWS: Wenger has agreed a contract extension
    Good to hear.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't Henry sign a new contract last summer?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even more great news for Arsenal fans...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...al/6961025.stm

Simon
    The Times reckons Rio Ferdinand is going to be dropped for Micah Richards for the upcoming qualifiers unless he proves his quality. What the fuck?

Also,

New Chelsea right-back Juliano Belletti is a big fan of U2 and plans to impress his new team-mates with a rendition of one of their hits. The Brazilian has also revealed that his mobile ringtone is the sound of his son Dianluca crying.
    Nutter!

Andy
    Almunia better do the business.

I'm still annoyed that we never went in for Cudicini.

Mourinho will have to let him leave soon and he'll be a superb buy for whoever gets him.

Andy
    There's a lot of talk about McClaren being shit and all that, but genuniely, totally seriously, I don't think he has a clue.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's out of his depth, it's plain to see with every interview he does, substitutes he makes, tactical decisions he impliments - most of which are completely inept.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He is shit. It doesnt need to be any more elaborate than that. Completely not a national manager, completely not up to the job.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still fucking wrangles how he even got the job in the first place.

He did OK with a small team.

I mean come the fuck on.

The Pride of the Midlands Prototype16's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Derby/Sunderland fans on here might be interested to know that Kenwyne Jones is refusing to play in Southampton's game with us tommorow. Guess he'll be with one of you soon then.

I Rule ALL!!!!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdpower View Post
    Didn't Henry sign a new contract last summer?

Different situation. We decided to sell Henry. It's not like Wenger can pack his bags and go somewhere else if he's under contract.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prototype16 View Post
    Derby/Sunderland fans on here might be interested to know that Kenwyne Jones is refusing to play in Southampton's game with us tommorow. Guess he'll be with one of you soon then.
    I cant imagine that he'll want to go to Derby. Plus, they arent offering you the money properly from what I've read.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only question point might be if he really wants to move the entire length of the country. Personally, see him going to you though.

That said, I think if Derby get Vassell they'll have done the better piece of business.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Java View Post
    Different situation. We decided to sell Henry. It's not like Wenger can pack his bags and go somewhere else if he's under contract.
    Of course he can.

Real will just give you a scrap of compo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For now. Vassell really needs to prove that he can start doing the business again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vassells never 'done the business'.

All the talent in the world, has never been able to hit a barn door with a banjo. I'm sure he's scared of the goal or something. (Except when he's playing against us.)

And Simon, it wasn't the Times saying Rio's going to be dropped, it was that fat twat Martin Samuel desperately trying to think of some 'exclusive' for his column today.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I cant imagine that he'll want to go to Derby. Plus, they arent offering you the money properly from what I've read.
    Why would we be offering stoke money for him? Also weren't you bleating on about people nipping in when the hard work was done? We have been negotiating this one for weeks.

I would much rather if we were throwing 5m at a lanky championship striker that we went for lafferty

Vanquisher of Jesus Sucks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by turdpower View Post
    Real will just give you a scrap of compo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Pablo_Angel View Post
    And Simon, it wasn't the Times saying Rio's going to be dropped, it was that fat twat Martin Samuel desperately trying to think of some 'exclusive' for his column today.
    So he's done something apart from suck Lampard's willy? He's [Samuel] had a bad start to the season. Simon Barnes shits all over him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Why would we be offering stoke money for him? Also weren't you bleating on about people nipping in when the hard work was done? We have been negotiating this one for weeks.

I would much rather if we were throwing 5m at a lanky championship striker that we went for lafferty
    Assumed that he was a Southampton fan, didnt bother looking at his avatar properly.

You've been negotiating for weeks a payment deal that the Saints were not particularly interested in. I dont mind if people come in and outbid us (which it looks like we'll be doing here if he comes to us). What has been annoying me is people 'registering interest' just to make the player not want to go to us and then not following through with it. Or people ONLY deciding to make a move because another club had come in from him, which also doesnt appear to be the case here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Kenwyne Jones is a good player who'll only get better. £5m is a scandalous amount of money to be paying for someone who's only had one good season behind him, but that seems to be the going rate at the moment. I wouldn't bet against him being worth it in the end.

I should also take this moment to laugh at Southampton and what a joke their club has become. I actually want them to come back up though, nothing beats the excitement a good derby match.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    Also, ex-Pompey striker Vincent Pericard has been jailed for four months for speeding then lying about it to the police. Silly boy Vinnie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some our fans are calling for him to be sacked- probably more to do with him being crap than the actual offence though!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cuba
    He used to be good, honestly! He's just had terrible luck with injuries over the last few years. Same as Todorov.

I'm glad to see Fuller's playing well again, thought his knee injuries had finished him.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    i really dont see why sunderland need any more strikers now, when its blatantly obvious that derby do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    i really dont see why sunderland need any more strikers now, when its blatantly obvious that derby do
    Half our strikers aren't good enough. Stokes should be sent out on loan somewhere, and Murphy and John should be out the door. That only leaves Chopra, Connolly and Cole.

Been hearing £4/5mill + John for Jones. Don't know what to make of it, is he really that good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jones is a disgrace really- I'd be a bit worried about signing a player for that amount of money when they are relatively unproven and seemingly have a questionable attitude

Quote Originally Posted by UK Blue View Post
    He used to be good, honestly! He's just had terrible luck with injuries over the last few years. Same as Todorov.

I'm glad to see Fuller's playing well again, thought his knee injuries had finished him.
    Pericard actually had a decent pre-season so it looked like he might get another chance, but obviously that's not going to happen for a while now. He does himself no favours though with his constant diving and lack of effort. We forgive a lot at Stoke as long as the players work hard

Fuller's great though
    Last edited by Prototype16; August 24th, 2007 at 1:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Haha. So what? We should just allow one of the teams that we're hoping will be finishing beneath us get players who could potentially bang in goals for them? Sure mate.

We've got two strikers who have ever shown any form at this level (Cole and now Chopra). Connoly who COULD do a decent job. Murphy, Stokes and Stern John would could if they are lucky do okay (I'm thinking mainly Murphy), could become a decent player with time (I'm thinking Stokes) and who will not ever be good enough at this level (John). Yes we need him, because we're ambitious.

Quote Originally Posted by Slash View Post
    Half our strikers aren't good enough. Stokes should be sent out on loan somewhere, and Murphy and John should be out the door. That only leaves Chopra, Connolly and Cole.

Been hearing £4/5mill + John for Jones. Don't know what to make of it, is he really that good?
    I'd say that John was worth no more than half a million. So 5 and a half million for Jones is alright providing he does the job Keane is expecting him to.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy 37th birthday today to TUGAY!

The Turkish Maestro and my favourite player ever ever ever!

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bitch slapped by Lennon.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lennon is a nobody. Tugay is a legend.

Mr Successful.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excuse me mate. Have you been drinking recently?

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been drinking the blood of slow fat and shit ginger central midfielders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by UK Blue View Post

You hear Redknapp on the Quay last night? Apparently he kept geting asked about Nugent and refused to deny anything, just saying that everyones got their price. Then when asked about a rumour regarding David James leaving categorically stated he was going nowhere

Looks like a great signing that

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Haha. So what? We should just allow one of the teams that we're hoping will be finishing beneath us get players who could potentially bang in goals for them? Sure mate.
    thats exactly what i said

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go and check your point out again and see if its any less laughable.

breakneck speed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Southend vs Millwall today boyz... hopefully the season'll pick up a bit today. Debating whether to go along today or Watford in the cup on Tuesday night (funds) - would rather go today but it could mean effort.

Apparently Tilson's been looking at Byfield but doesn't want to pay his wages

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    Dunno if anyone has just seen on the BBC website, but a QPR player was killed in a car crash last night. They've not released the name yet though, so I'd expect it to be one of their more high profile players.

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal
    QPR FC is in mourning today following the tragic news that striker Ray Jones died in a motor accident in the early hours of Saturday morning

Maybe not high profile then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to fans on their Rivals site it is Ray Jones. He was a young striker who just broke into the team last year

With that and the young lad at Walsall it's been a sad week in football

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Go and check your point out again and see if its any less laughable.
    alls i said was that i think sunderland are ok for strikers and derby need strikers i think thats a fair observation, just because you have to disagree with evrything i say

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hlebsfall View Post
    QPR FC is in mourning today following the tragic news that striker Ray Jones died in a motor accident in the early hours of Saturday morning

Maybe not high profile then.
    Jones was pretty high-profile. He was one of their better players and had been linked with a move to Fulham for some time.

Simon
    Really sad. Looked a very good prospect (weren't Liverpool linked with him when he first came on the scene) and when I met him he seemed like a decent fella. R.I.P.

Warning. Rabidly Arsenal. eldanielfire's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah that's terrible, horrible for club and family, RIP.