I’ll see you on Lodge lane then?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Fail.
    Drive into Anfield, park up, “buy a pie”, go into Anfield sing some shit songs in a cockney accent, drive back to Kent listening to 5 Live, maybe even call in and say something like “fair play to Everton, they were great today, I hope they do well. Ancellotti: top bloke mate!”.

Proper Scouser you. Way more of a Scouser than me in fact. Can’t compete.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay fella you’re boring now. Have a good Xmas, see you on the Kop someday

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Scott View Post
    Okay fella you’re boring now. Have a good Xmas, see you on the Kop someday
    I hope you have an absolutely fucking shit Christmas with your Mancunian Wife, Evertonian father in law and dog who supports Tottenham.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    God you are a Tedious fuck. @Pablo Diablo

Are full on troll accounts a no no?

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeah honestly this is enough. Banter between rival teams is part of sports. At this point it's just trolling everyone. No benefit to anyone, no discussion occurs.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he got Chris mixed up with Bad Collin.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Underscore_ View Post
    I hope you have an absolutely fucking shit Christmas with your Mancunian Wife, Evertonian father in law and dog who supports Tottenham.
    “Feel sorry for your mama”

3x beaters of LiVARpool
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moving on, I think Arteta has lost the dressing room sadly. The body language and lack of effort from most of the players at the weekend was shocking. Willian in particular is a disgrace. Its ok, only another 2.5 years of his performances

There are huge structural problems at the club that need to sorted, but results have got so bad now I can't see a way back for him. Such a shame, really wanted him to do well but once you lose the players its almost impossible.

Not sure who we would bring in (Vieria is available?) but I think a change will happen very soon. Edu's future should also be questioned with some very, very questionable recruitment that has taken place.

Ultimately, we need more hands on ownership who hold the coach and executives to account. Until that happens we wont get anywhere near where we 'should' be. Liverpool is the example. Had terrible ownership 10 years ago, they were hounded out and people who were competent and engaged came in. That is the model we have to look at now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with Arsenal is that they're now a borderline Europa League team if the personnel is playing at their best, throw in attitude problems, the fading talents of a lot of players and the naivety of the coaching team and you have what you get now. I saw it coming with the Wenger Out brigade. He papered the cracks, even to the point of a second place finish in 15/16 when the squad had no right to be top 4. They've let mediocrity run rife throughout. Xhaka embodies it. How's he ended up with that gig? Was Ben Thatcher busy?

You need a win over Christmas. Imperative. These players do not have the bollocks for a relegation fight if there's 3 points between you and the bottom 3 going into the New Year. The squad doesn't have the depth to go for the Europa League and the cups, of which will be the priority over the league at this point. You can just see if there isn't breathing space come March them resting players the Sunday after Europe and dropping points. They're not too good to go down, and if any more momentum does build over Christmas it'll start feeling like the perfect storm.

3x beaters of LiVARpool
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xhaka really embodies the mediocrity that has crept in. The rot started really in the summers of 2015 and 2016. Bought no-one in 2015 (bar Cech) when we were crying out for a defender and a midfielder. Then panicked a year later by spending 70m on Xhaka and Mustafi

Wenger was taking us into decline, he should have gone years before. Since then, the management of the club has also been diabolical. Absentee owners suck cash out of the business, an absolutely terrible exec team and questionable coaching.

We need to win, but I really cant see how we can. We are so easy to play against. Other team will let us have the ball and defend crossed until we run out of ideas.

3x beaters of LiVARpool
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and we signed Xhaka and passed on Kante

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Moving on, I think Arteta has lost the dressing room sadly. The body language and lack of effort from most of the players at the weekend was shocking. Willian in particular is a disgrace. Its ok, only another 2.5 years of his performances

There are huge structural problems at the club that need to sorted, but results have got so bad now I can't see a way back for him. Such a shame, really wanted him to do well but once you lose the players its almost impossible.

Not sure who we would bring in (Vieria is available?) but I think a change will happen very soon. Edu's future should also be questioned with some very, very questionable recruitment that has taken place.

Ultimately, we need more hands on ownership who hold the coach and executives to account. Until that happens we wont get anywhere near where we 'should' be. Liverpool is the example. Had terrible ownership 10 years ago, they were hounded out and people who were competent and engaged came in. That is the model we have to look at now.
    I'm not saying this to troll you, but I really do see the similarities between Sunderland and Arsenal here, but on a bigger scale (which ultimately will mean that it will likely not have as damaging an effect on you because you do have the resources to get out of it). It is a toxic, badly run club where perfectly good managers are unable to have the desired effect. Big signings, lots of money, the squad should be in a better position than they are (Aubameyang, Pepe and Lacazette alone should be enough to have you in the top 10...who has better than that?!) and yet they just time and time again do not perform. If Ozil moves to another club I don't doubt that he can become one of the best players in the world again.

I know that you like to think that Wenger took you into the decline, but if anything I think it shows how remarkable he did to balance the job, the personalities, the players and the staff to keep you performing to the level he did so consistently. Remove his influence and you've fallen into the kind of absolute free fall that I would just never see happening under Wenger. That's not to say that you should've kept him, but just that he should be looked back on even more incredibly than he is.

RFF WORLDWIDE WESTERN CON son_of_foley's Avatar
    Letting the POTTY go to his head since Jan 2010
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guess jonny Evans and brendan Rodgers don't look too bad these days either

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zimbabwe
    As much as I am inclined to just laugh my head off at how shit Arsenal are, I still find it very interesting to understand why. The lack of leadership is just absolutely mad - as far as I can tell there is only one proper leader in the team, David Luiz. And I don't think he's really the leader Arsenal need right now, he's more of a motivator when they need an arsehole to bully everyone else into doing what needs to be done.

Which brings me to the second point - the number of players who need to be bullied. I think only Tierney, Ceballos and Saka have both ability and heart of the current first choice team. There are some who have ability but are a bit gutless (Pepe, Willian, Aubameyang), some who have heart but aren't especially good (Elneny, Holding who I always rated but seems to have gone over a cliff) and some who are somewhere in between, not quite good enough in either area (Willock, Leno, Maitland-Niles)...they need someone to tell the skilful lads to put some effort in, and help the less talented players make the most of what they have.

Using Spurs as a compariosn...we've got our own problems at the moment, but we also have the likes of Lloris, Dier, Hojbjerg and Kane who lead the team and don't put up with shit. That doesn't mean we don't have regular lapses - Aurier's tackle yesterday is one of the stupidest bits of defending you will see all season and we were crap across the pitch - but it's not endemic because we have a core group who wouldn't allow that to happen.

With regard to our game, we were terrible obviously but fuck me I thought Leicester were so good. Ndidi makes a huge difference to how they play, not just doing his job brilliantly but giving Maddison the freedom to go and play. And the second goal should be an example to every striker at every level of what you should be doing as a striker - Vardy's chance of scoring there was bordering on zero, he is half the size of Sissoko and Alderweireld and competing with both of them for the header, while also being at an impossible angle to score even if he did somehow win it. But his tenacity enabled him to not just win the header, but force the mistake that put it in. It goes down as an own goal but he deserves all the credit for it.

Also James Justin looks absolute class, reminds me a little of Kyle Walker when he was a kid. Probably less talented and without that insane pace, but also without the low-level brain damage. Mad to think that Justin is, what...sixth choice right back for England? Maybe even seventh? And yet Danny Mills went to a World Cup. Mad.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zimbabwe
    @TraXX is Skipp actually doing well at Norwich or is the Twitter voting stuff entirely Spurs fans being dicks?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skipp is an absolute beast. Calm and controlled with or without the ball, he makes sensible decisions about when to press the man and when to intercept the ball. At only 19. He will be starting next to Hojbjerg next season for you without question.

3x beaters of LiVARpool
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I'm not saying this to troll you, but I really do see the similarities between Sunderland and Arsenal here, but on a bigger scale (which ultimately will mean that it will likely not have as damaging an effect on you because you do have the resources to get out of it). It is a toxic, badly run club where perfectly good managers are unable to have the desired effect. Big signings, lots of money, the squad should be in a better position than they are (Aubameyang, Pepe and Lacazette alone should be enough to have you in the top 10...who has better than that?!) and yet they just time and time again do not perform. If Ozil moves to another club I don't doubt that he can become one of the best players in the world again.

I know that you like to think that Wenger took you into the decline, but if anything I think it shows how remarkable he did to balance the job, the personalities, the players and the staff to keep you performing to the level he did so consistently. Remove his influence and you've fallen into the kind of absolute free fall that I would just never see happening under Wenger. That's not to say that you should've kept him, but just that he should be looked back on even more incredibly than he is.
    Hmm. Well the league positions show that the decline did start under Wenger. The last two seasons we were outside the top 4, and the transfers really were shocking.

I can see a few similarities. At this point it is on the ownership and executive team to make changes. The best thing that can happen is that the Kroenkes sell up. But based on their history I don't think they will.

Also need to stop this cosying up to agents. Kia's clients have been rinsing us for years.

Quote Originally Posted by son_of_foley View Post
    Guess jonny Evans and brendan Rodgers don't look too bad these days either
    Knew that was coming. Still take Rob Holding though

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    As much as I am inclined to just laugh my head off at how shit Arsenal are, I still find it very interesting to understand why. The lack of leadership is just absolutely mad - as far as I can tell there is only one proper leader in the team, David Luiz. And I don't think he's really the leader Arsenal need right now, he's more of a motivator when they need an arsehole to bully everyone else into doing what needs to be done.

Which brings me to the second point - the number of players who need to be bullied. I think only Tierney, Ceballos and Saka have both ability and heart of the current first choice team. There are some who have ability but are a bit gutless (Pepe, Willian, Aubameyang), some who have heart but aren't especially good (Elneny, Holding who I always rated but seems to have gone over a cliff) and some who are somewhere in between, not quite good enough in either area (Willock, Leno, Maitland-Niles)...they need someone to tell the skilful lads to put some effort in, and help the less talented players make the most of what they have.

Using Spurs as a compariosn...we've got our own problems at the moment, but we also have the likes of Lloris, Dier, Hojbjerg and Kane who lead the team and don't put up with shit. That doesn't mean we don't have regular lapses - Aurier's tackle yesterday is one of the stupidest bits of defending you will see all season and we were crap across the pitch - but it's not endemic because we have a core group who wouldn't allow that to happen.

With regard to our game, we were terrible obviously but fuck me I thought Leicester were so good. Ndidi makes a huge difference to how they play, not just doing his job brilliantly but giving Maddison the freedom to go and play. And the second goal should be an example to every striker at every level of what you should be doing as a striker - Vardy's chance of scoring there was bordering on zero, he is half the size of Sissoko and Alderweireld and competing with both of them for the header, while also being at an impossible angle to score even if he did somehow win it. But his tenacity enabled him to not just win the header, but force the mistake that put it in. It goes down as an own goal but he deserves all the credit for it.

Also James Justin looks absolute class, reminds me a little of Kyle Walker when he was a kid. Probably less talented and without that insane pace, but also without the low-level brain damage. Mad to think that Justin is, what...sixth choice right back for England? Maybe even seventh? And yet Danny Mills went to a World Cup. Mad.
    Yeah we have had this leader issue for a while now. Not sure what you can do about that...not many Tony Adams left in the transfer market.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zimbabwe
    Quote Originally Posted by TraXX View Post
    Skipp is an absolute beast. Calm and controlled with or without the ball, he makes sensible decisions about when to press the man and when to intercept the ball. At only 19. He will be starting next to Hojbjerg next season for you without question.
    Haha big shout, Mourinho loves him but I can't see him displacing Hojbjerg or Sissoko just yet. You've probably seen more of him than I have already though, given he barely played at all over the past couple of years. @Alex is still raging that he wasn't given first team games or loaned out, so essentially played no competitive football for ages.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Knew that was coming. Still take Rob Holding though

No thats actually fair. Probably better to have players who wouldn't mind playing in the championship.

Jonny Evans grew out of that when he won it with Sunderland aged 19

3x beaters of LiVARpool
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol

3x beaters of LiVARpool
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was good. Forgotten what that felt like.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zimbabwe
    The nerve of Saka to claim he meant that!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WhatsApp group has killed the Football forum. Congratulations.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Top of the league for the first time past January since Fergie.

Legend
    RFF Championship Winner x 2. All time record RFF goalscorer. #111
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WhatsApp group has killed the Football forum. Congratulations.
    Don't blame the group, blame the dickheads that ruined this forum.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your WhatsApp group is the equivalent of VAR; great idea in theory, and implemented with all good intentions, but ultimately ruining it for everyone else.

Great job.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zimbabwe
    The Whatsapp groups were set up because the forums died, not the other way around. And in any case, despite my constant badgering there isn't a general Rajah Whatsapp group, there are loads of ones for specific things (RFF, FIFA league, FIFA clubs, NBA, NFL, sharing illegal pornography etc) that are sometimes used to discuss more general stuff.

I'd much prefer the forums to still be thriving because long-form discussion is so much better...but realistically that hasn't been the case for a long time now, way prior to the Whatsapp groups being set up. I was fighting your fight a couple of years ago, trying to create more discussion and stoke the embers a bit...it didn't work. The Whatsapp groups aren't as good, but they're better than nothing.

Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TraXX do you want to join our whatsapp group?

Legend
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your WhatsApp group is the equivalent of VAR; great idea in theory, and implemented with all good intentions, but ultimately ruining it for everyone else.

Great job.
    Grow up.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    zimbabwe
    Maybe we should start an official Rajah WhatsApp group, great idea TraXX
    Last edited by Simon; January 13th, 2021 at 7:37 AM.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Do it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farce.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...what WhatsApp group?

Legend
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's full of people you hate. I wouldn't worry about it.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rosk View Post
    It's full of people you hate. I wouldn't worry about it.

Legend
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Not everything is about or against you Peter mate

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    Yeah but he does hate me tbf.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t hate anyone

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Derby seem to be having a total normal one over this take over.

It's been hours away from confirmation I think 3 times. John Percy who honestly seems to get very little wrong has said it's done each time only for it not to be done.

The players have been told they may not be getting paid again. Administration could follow and potentially worse. Administration comes with a big points deduction and probably relegation.

Same Sheik who may have fucked around Newcastle too. Rumours it's been legally signed but the money hasn't shown up. So old owners not going to dip into pocket as it's no longer his club or something. MESS

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    spain
    I for one look forward to playing Fleetwood next season.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Spurs haven't been this brain rotting to watch since the brief days of Jacques Santini.